PDA

View Full Version : Whittaker free kick V Craigroyston

Viva_Palmeiras
18-07-2017, 04:57 AM
Good to see that my memory is still intact ;)

Mentioned on the Whittaker signing thread I recalled this game and Whittys pace and goal from a free kick. It was busy at St Marks park i stood next to Jamsie for this one. Also recall Bobby coaching O'Connor through the game and encouraging him to bully the defence. Seem to recall someone (Fenwick) takinng a knock.

Anyone else got recollections of this game? Thomson couldnt have made much of an impression - striker?!

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/competitions/premiership/garry-sees-off-seniors-with-hat-trick-1-887499

Jamesie
18-07-2017, 02:15 PM
It was busy at St Marks park i stood next to Jamsie for this one.

I remember that summer well - I was 22 and doing match reports for hibs.net at the time and covered almost the entire pre-season programme - St Marks Park, Victoria Park (Innerleithen for v Vale of Leithen) and a good few others. It was also the summer where I suffered the indignity of being chased around the touchline of the Edinburgh Academy playing fields by an irate Bobby Williamson during the closing stages of a bounce match v Stirling Albion for the crime of taking some digital photographs of a couple of trialists he was taking a look at!

KWJ
18-07-2017, 02:30 PM
I remember that summer well - I was 22 and doing match reports for hibs.net at the time and covered almost the entire pre-season programme - St Marks Park, Victoria Park (Innerleithen for v Vale of Leithen) and a good few others. It was also the summer where I suffered the indignity of being chased around the touchline of the Edinburgh Academy playing fields by an irate Bobby Williamson during the closing stages of a bounce match v Stirling Albion for the crime of taking some digital photographs of a couple of trialists he was taking a look at!

:greengrin:greengrin:greengrin Had a good laugh at that, musta been some sight!

Looking at the team there and a few names stand out. Jonathon Baillie who played that blinder in the CIS quarter v Celtic but retired through injury. Alan Reid who picked up a fair few appearances and I see has been without a club for 5 years! Kevin Nicol - I think he went to Scanadavia. Think he was a bit of a very poor mans Kevin Thomson. Jay Sheilds who I remember affectionaly for his role in a derby win when we flew into every tackle and won the ball back from Hartley leading to a goal. Ally Brown and Steven Notman on the bench - did they ever get first team games ? Highly thought of at the time if I remember right.

Viva_Palmeiras
18-07-2017, 10:55 PM

Lol! Did he catch you? ;)

SirDavidsNapper
18-07-2017, 11:13 PM
Whatever happened to that striker Thomson?