PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: JOE BAKER - A GOAL SCORING PHENOMENON

RSS Bot
17-07-2017, 06:00 PM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/7690)

brog
17-07-2017, 06:12 PM
My all time hero, both as a player & as a man. I even got married on his birthday & got a telegram from him & the team. Still didn't help me to remember my anniversary today though! 🤔 God bless Joe, what an unbelievable player.
PS, nearly 60 years on only Joe & Owen Hargreaves earned their 1st English caps while playing outside England, astonishing achievement.

Mick O'Rourke
17-07-2017, 07:31 PM
My all time hero, both as a player & as a man. I even got married on his birthday & got a telegram from him & the team. Still didn't help me to remember my anniversary today though! �� God bless Joe, what an unbelievable player.
PS, nearly 60 years on only Joe & Owen Hargreaves earned their 1st English caps while playing outside England, astonishing achievement.
I know Brog
Your generation were indeed very fortunate to see the genius that was Joe Baker.

I recall when Joe was doing his greeter(hospitality) for Hibernian.
(Jeez, he had to pay his own fare from Wishaw to do that)

Anyway, i was with Jimmy O'Rourke and we walked into Tamsons after a game

Jimmy spotted Joe standing at the far end of the bar, and he, (Jimmy) immediately went down on his knees and bowed to the great man. (Jimmy's hero)

The crowd in the pub on seeing this, opened up and loudly cheered to a man and woman.

A great moment to witness.

Respect for a legend

Glory Glory to Giuseppe

Joe scored 4 !!

brog
17-07-2017, 07:40 PM
I recall when Joe was doing his greeter(hospitality) for Hibernian.
(Jeez, he had to pay his own fare from Wishaw to do that)

Anyway, i was with Jimmy O'Rourke and we walked into Tamsons after a game

Jimmy spotted Joe standing at the far end of the bar, and he, (Jimmy) immediately went down on his knees and bowed to the great man. (Jimmy's hero)

The crowd in the pub on seeing this, opened up and loudly cheered to a man and woman.

A great moment to witness.

Respect for a legend

Glory Glory to Giuseppe

Joe scored 4 !!

So true Mick, the late night conversations I've had with Jimmy about our hero Joe. Was also King Pat's hero.

Mick O'Rourke
17-07-2017, 07:47 PM
So true Mick, the late night conversations I've had with Jimmy about our hero Joe. Was also King Pat's hero.
Cheers Brog
Spoke to the wee man today.
He is fine, although as grumpy as ever (to me anyway!!)
God Bless