PDA

View Full Version : Sevco away allocation

SirDavidsNapper
17-07-2017, 01:16 PM
I didn't pay much attention to the Premiership last season but did anyone cut Sevcos ticket allocation? I know Hearts did but unsure if anyone else. Aberdeen maybe? Was great when Hibs and Motherwell did it in 2015 playoffs. Would love us to do likewise. Would rather have more Hibs fans in the south and less Sevco. Especially with being shoved in a tiny corner of the bigot dome.

givescotlandfreedom
17-07-2017, 01:33 PM
If we can sell them we should be doing that to everyone. I can tolerate a full stand of Merricks as long as we get one at the PBS.

Leith Green
17-07-2017, 01:38 PM
If it means another 1000 Hibs fans can get tickets then of course we should. Unfortunately i think the club would take the easy money rather than losing however many seats they would for segregation..

Keith_M
17-07-2017, 01:47 PM
If it means another 1000 Hibs fans can get tickets then of course we should. Unfortunately i think the club would take the easy money rather than losing however many seats they would for segregation..

I think that might be the clincher when any decision has to be made as well.

Given the current animosity between the two supports, I'd imagine any segregation area would have to be quite large.

BegbieHSC
17-07-2017, 01:50 PM
Get it right up them!

Hope we slash tickets for the ****bags - we'll fill a portion of the South no bother! Changed times for us - give them the 900 they give us!

BegbieHSC
17-07-2017, 01:54 PM
Get it right up them!

Hope we slash tickets for the ****bags - we'll fill a portion of the South no bother! Changed times for us - give them the 900 they give us!

And that's being generous - they give us 1.8% of Ibrox. If we gave them the same in ER it would amount to 230.

Billy Whizz
17-07-2017, 01:54 PM
And that's being generous - they give us 1.8% of Ibrox. If we gave them the same in ER it would amount to 230.

Would we sell it out though,12 noon ko on a Sunday? The

Keith_M
17-07-2017, 01:56 PM
Get it right up them!

If we did that, it's unilkely Hibs supporters would be in the seats in the upper tier directly above them.

Added to the segregation area between the two sets of fans, that would mean the club effectively turning down roughly Ģ30-40k of income.

Sir David Gray
17-07-2017, 01:58 PM
We should give them the same percentage of Easter Road that we get for Ibrox - approximately 400 tickets. Then stick them in the bottom tier and put Hibs fans above them and arm the Hibs fans with coins, cups of juice and pies.

**** them.

PS I realise we can't actually do the last part of my suggestion but no reason why we can't give them the bare minimum if the demand is there from Hibs fans.

I would do that with every single away support except Hearts, on the understanding that we still get our usual allocation for Tynecastle.

erin go bragh
17-07-2017, 02:01 PM
If we can sell them we should be doing that to everyone. I can tolerate a full stand of Merricks as long as we get one at the PBS.
There will be 3 stands of Merricks at the PBS :)

BH Hibs
17-07-2017, 02:18 PM
Would we sell it out though,12 noon ko on a Sunday? The

Its a Wednesday night game bud.

Since90+2
17-07-2017, 02:20 PM
In order to cut Sevco's allocation we would need to sell around 18,000 tickets (excluding hospitality) to Hibs fans. Considering we will probably have around 12,600 season ticket holders I dont think thats unreachable.

SirDavidsNapper
17-07-2017, 02:25 PM
We should give them the same percentage of Easter Road that we get for Ibrox - approximately 400 tickets. Then stick them in the bottom tier and put Hibs fans above them and arm the Hibs fans with coins, cups of juice and pies.

**** them.

PS I realise we can't actually do the last part of my suggestion but no reason why we can't give them the bare minimum if the demand is there from Hibs fans.

I would do that with every single away support except Hearts, on the understanding that we still get our usual allocation for Tynecastle.

This. With record season ticket sales do we need a full stand of bellends?

Billy Whizz
17-07-2017, 02:38 PM
Its a Wednesday night game bud.

Go for it then😄

greenlex
17-07-2017, 03:01 PM
In order to cut Sevco's allocation we would need to sell around 18,000 tickets (excluding hospitality) to Hibs fans. Considering we will probably have around 12,600 season ticket holders I dont think thats unreachable.

No chance. It's on the telly.

TelaStella
17-07-2017, 03:10 PM
If it were up to me I wouldn't be giving them any tickets whatsoever and if that should mean hibs missing out on a few sales then so be it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hermit Crab
17-07-2017, 03:13 PM
Hibs will not turn down the chance for "easy money". Unless they play silly buggers with us regarding tickets for the away end at Ibrox they will get the full Dunbar end when we play them.

Topographic Hibby
17-07-2017, 05:11 PM
A very strongly worded statement from Hibs about titles and cheating, then let's call their bluff about boycotts and their much sought after Blue pounds (aye, right). Sevco reduce their ticket allocation by their own hand and our place is a far more attractive place for us to take the kids to ER to see them whopping Der Hun.

Simples.

Dalianwanda
17-07-2017, 05:19 PM
If we did that, it's unilkely Hibs supporters would be in the seats in the upper tier directly above them.

Added to the segregation area between the two sets of fans, that would mean the club effectively turning down roughly Ģ30-40k of income.

This Ģ30-Ģ40k loss per game is what HSL should have aimed with their latest pitch. Fund us keep the Huns out 😎

High-On-Hibs
17-07-2017, 05:33 PM
The days of relying on dirty money are over. I say GTTF. Open the stand for the underprivileged who can't afford to attend regular Hibs games.

Keith_M
17-07-2017, 06:00 PM
The days of relying on dirty money are over. I say GTTF. Open the stand for the underprivileged who can't afford to attend regular Hibs games.

Make up your mind, do you want Ranger Fans or not!

:wink:

SirDavidsNapper
17-07-2017, 06:02 PM
Hibs will not turn down the chance for "easy money". Unless they play silly buggers with us regarding tickets for the away end at Ibrox they will get the full Dunbar end when we play them.

They will give us a pathetic allocation for Ibrox as usual. We should do the same in return. We don't need their dirty money.

Slim Shady
17-07-2017, 07:30 PM
This Ģ30-Ģ40k loss per game is what HSL should have aimed with their latest pitch. Fund us keep the Huns out 😎

30/40k loss, if we manage to recruit the right players, hibs fans buy the tickets and keep the zombies away then we turn this into a bigger profit through merchandising sold at the match. Pies, juice, sweets, strips, program not forgetting blooding our future. Hibernian - Reborn.

SirDavidsNapper
17-07-2017, 09:44 PM
Celtic and Hearts are our biggest games. Why let Sevco have whole stand? Infact Aberdeen should get more than the wee tribute act

17-07-2017, 11:42 PM
Was hoping this thread would be about the second game of the season and our plans for the first game against the evil huns post cup win.

The game at Ibrox is the game you get away season tickets for, the game 900 Hibs fans take the cup win, distill it into a 90 minute wind up for the Huns resulting in a total heads gone moment for the entire home support and the entire Rangers “institution”. I want a comfortable victory, an overly policed Hibs support goading the Huns with turf from hampden, bits of the posts, masks of Halliday doing the “I’ve got this”. I want statements, outrage in the daily record and a 10 year investigation into just how Hibs were so brazen to rip the complete pish out of the Huns, not once but twice.

Then let as many of them who can stomach it into ER, and do it all over again.

sleeping giant
18-07-2017, 12:09 AM
Was hoping this thread would be about the second game of the season and our plans for the first game against the evil huns post cup win.

The game at Ibrox is the game you get away season tickets for, the game 900 Hibs fans take the cup win, distill it into a 90 minute wind up for the Huns resulting in a total heads gone moment for the entire home support and the entire Rangers “institution”. I want a comfortable victory, an overly policed Hibs support goading the Huns with turf from hampden, bits of the posts, masks of Halliday doing the “I’ve got this”. I want statements, outrage in the daily record and a 10 year investigation into just how Hibs were so brazen to rip the complete pish out of the Huns, not once but twice.

Then let as many of them who can stomach it into ER, and do it all over again.

Brilliant post :greengrin

Hermit Crab
18-07-2017, 01:28 AM
They will give us a pathetic allocation for Ibrox as usual. We should do the same in return. We don't need their dirty money.

The thing is if we got given even half the broom loan stand we wouldn't come close to filling it but we'd still be charged for all the tickets whether we sold them or not.

Them on the other hand will fill the dunbar end no problem.

Hermit Crab
18-07-2017, 01:38 AM
Tickets for our game at Ibrox can't be far away from going on sale. 4 weeks until the game roughly.

green&left
18-07-2017, 07:28 AM

In fairness to both sevco and Celtic, there has been times we've struggled to take 300 to those stadiums. Whereas they've probably never failed to sell out the south stand once.

Brooster
18-07-2017, 07:46 AM
In fairness to both sevco and Celtic, there has been times we've struggled to take 300 to those stadiums. Whereas they've probably never failed to sell out the south stand once.

Spot on. Lets not kid ourselves here......The Old Firm and Yams will get all the South Stand each time they visit. Its the easiest and quickest way to make Ģ600k+. We are in a great place with season ticket numbers but not yet in a position where we can sell 19k tickets for these games especially lunchtime live TV games.

.Sean.
18-07-2017, 07:54 AM
Tickets for our game at Ibrox can't be far away from going on sale. 4 weeks until the game roughly.
Next week or sup surely.

Without wishing to start a debate I'll be sorely disappointed if I don't get a ticket as I've been to Ibrox numerous occasions when we've barely sold even half our allocation.

My_Wife_Camille
18-07-2017, 08:07 AM
Next week or sup surely.

Without wishing to start a debate I'll be sorely disappointed if I don't get a ticket as I've been to Ibrox numerous occasions when we've barely sold even half our allocation.
Same here. Have a bad feeling that a lot of regulars will miss out though

Sir David Gray
18-07-2017, 09:07 AM
Next week or sup surely.

Me too although i'm in a slightly different situation as I'll be looking for disabled tickets.

pacoluna
18-07-2017, 09:22 AM
Next week or sup surely.

Buy an away season ticket then.

.Sean.
18-07-2017, 02:30 PM
Nah, I'm on call every third weekend, the rota doesn't really affect my season ticket for home games as I can get back to work in time but I'm not justifying it for away games, but thanks for the arsey response all the same :aok:

I'll just need to go in the raffle with those that only bother going to Ibrox every couple seasons when they feel we've got a chance of a result.

ALF TUPPER
18-07-2017, 04:18 PM
Give them 6 . :-)

pacoluna
18-07-2017, 08:48 PM
Nah, I'm on call every third weekend, the rota doesn't really affect my season ticket for home games as I can get back to work in time but I'm not justifying it for away games, but thanks for the arsey response all the same :aok:

I'll just need to go in the raffle with those that only bother going to Ibrox every couple seasons when they feel we've got a chance of a result.

Slightly hypocritical is it not?

broondog
18-07-2017, 09:19 PM
I don't think anyone would disagree with allowing more of us in at the expense of those complete ****bags. I would reduce their allocation to the bare minimum (5%?) every game. but we would never sell the tickets and have to totally disagree with those on here who are saying they would forego money if it meant less of them even if we didn't sell our extra allocation as a result. If we had to segregate and didn't sell tickets in the south beside them that's a lot of cash to lose out on when the fixture will happen twice a season. money is more important I'm afraid when we are competing up the top end of the table next season

Hermit Crab
18-07-2017, 11:14 PM

There is no up front cost for an away season ticket. By signing up for it you agree to purchase at ticket through direct debit for every single away match that has a ticket pre sale.

silverhibee
18-07-2017, 11:17 PM

How many tickets you think we will get for Ibrox game.

SChibs
18-07-2017, 11:20 PM

Hermit Crab
18-07-2017, 11:34 PM

The usual 900 odd I'd say.

monktonharp
18-07-2017, 11:51 PM
Hibs will not turn down the chance for "easy money". Unless they play silly buggers with us regarding tickets for the away end at Ibrox they will get the full Dunbar end when we play them.you quote it as being easy money, but really is it easy? all of the extra policing and stewarding added to the "encouragement" of their bigoted bile , which will happen , and our club has a responsibility to discourage vehemently. It is well worth cutting their allocation in line with the paltry amount we are given from them. We are a major club in Scottish terms, with a bigger than most away support. they, are exactly the same in terms of ER. we give them a full end. they give us a wee corner. think aboot it .

monktonharp
19-07-2017, 12:00 AM
I don't think anyone would disagree with allowing more of us in at the expense of those complete ****bags. I would reduce their allocation to the bare minimum (5%?) every game. but we would never sell the tickets and have to totally disagree with those on here who are saying they would forego money if it meant less of them even if we didn't sell our extra allocation as a result. If we had to segregate and didn't sell tickets in the south beside them that's a lot of cash to lose out on when the fixture will happen twice a season. money is more important I'm afraid when we are competing up the top end of the table next seasonVery sorry to disagree. I don't know if tou tend to go to away matches, and am not inclined to argue that point but the fact is that much more Hibernian fans would like to go to away matches versus The The Rangers and Celtic, than are corrently able to because of our poor allocation(s). why are we allowing them (both) to dictate this? we have a substantial support, that can almost fill our ground against them both. lets try and stop forever pandering to the bigotry

monktonharp
19-07-2017, 12:07 AM
Next week or sup surely.

Without wishing to start a debate I'll be sorely disappointed if I don't get a ticket as I've been to Ibrox numerous occasions when we've barely sold even half our allocation.have to disagree Sean. for example, we run a bus to as many aways as possible but can toil for Ibrox as lots of our regulars cant get tickets. :confused:

broondog
19-07-2017, 06:33 AM
Very sorry to disagree. I don't know if tou tend to go to away matches, and am not inclined to argue that point but the fact is that much more Hibernian fans would like to go to away matches versus The The Rangers and Celtic, than are corrently able to because of our poor allocation(s). why are we allowing them (both) to dictate this? we have a substantial support, that can almost fill our ground against them both. lets try and stop forever pandering to the bigotry

yes I do attend away matches and have been often to Ibrox and Parkhead where I think we get around 900 tickets. I havenīt once seen us sell that out. If we canīt sell that what an earth would be the point in getting an increased allocation? and I donīt think Rangers are dictating their allocation at ER, we have decided to offer the whole stand to them in order to make money. thatīs what football is about now and I donīt see why anyone would want to disadvantage ourselves by turning our noses up at that money. we risk having a large empty section beside them in the south if we do as well as a significant area sectioned off for segregation. need to apply a bit of common sense here.

green&left
19-07-2017, 07:29 AM
have to disagree Sean. for example, we run a bus to as many aways as possible but can toil for Ibrox as lots of our regulars cant get tickets. :confused:

Ibrox has been a slight struggle since they died and came back as a tribute act. Can't recall struggling for tickets before their death. Can't ever recall struggling for Parkhead full stop, or any other ground for that matter other than tynie. People panicking over nothing and have short memories. Prior to relegation our away support was pretty piss TBH (granted the football we were watching contributed massively to that)

Albanian Hibs
19-07-2017, 07:41 AM
yes I do attend away matches and have been often to Ibrox and Parkhead where I think we get around 900 tickets. I havenīt once seen us sell that out. If we canīt sell that what an earth would be the point in getting an increased allocation? and I donīt think Rangers are dictating their allocation at ER, we have decided to offer the whole stand to them in order to make money. thatīs what football is about now and I donīt see why anyone would want to disadvantage ourselves by turning our noses up at that money. we risk having a large empty section beside them in the south if we do as well as a significant area sectioned off for segregation. need to apply a bit of common sense here.

We have sold out ibrox the last few times we have been there and who can forget the 6k that went through for the scottish cup match a few years back.

.Sean.
19-07-2017, 08:52 AM
What's the absolute minimum we can ask for, is there a rule like there is in the Scottish Cup ? For arguments sake say the minimum we can ask for was 5%, could the club not insist on this?

If there is a rule could the fans reps take this up?

EH54
19-07-2017, 08:54 AM
Hardly ever miss a Hibs game at ibrox But on this occasion I'm going nowhere near the place and probably will never go back.

EH54
19-07-2017, 08:56 AM
@.Sean. (http://www.hibs.net/member.php?19270-Sean)

I always thought it was 5% however Celtic and Rangers have got away with giving us and everyone else very limited amount of tickets every time so I doubt there is one.

.Sean.
19-07-2017, 08:58 AM
@.Sean. (http://www.hibs.net/member.php?19270-Sean)

I always thought it was 5% however Celtic and Rangers have got away with giving us very limited amount of tickets every time so I doubt there is one.
5% rings a bell.

I reckon we could easily take 1500 for this. If there is a rule allowing us to ask for more then I really hope our club look to help out all those wanting a ticket, no reason why they shouldn't.

BoomtownHibees
19-07-2017, 08:59 AM

You have never seen us sell out the away end at Ibrox or Parkhead??

GreenNWhiteArmy
19-07-2017, 09:05 AM
Because of the rivalry over the last couple of years people think we should either demand more tickets or cut there allocation at ER? Behave

Let's consistently sell out our home games, consistently sell out away games then start asking questions like that. I'm just gutted our first game vs them is at Ibrox and not ER as i was hoping to go. I'll never set foot in Ibrox for a Rangers vs Hibs game i don't think

They're so stupid though - remember they said they'd boycott all the clubs that refused top flight registration? they've come to ER in their droves since that....

Juice-Terry
19-07-2017, 09:05 AM
I don't think there is a rule about away ticket allocation in place in the league. In the cup, yes (10%), but not in the league - as far as I'm aware.

Lancs Harp
19-07-2017, 09:07 AM
Im not sure what we have and havent sold at Ibrox in the past is that relevant, our club is a totally different proposition now, Hibs post May 2016 riding the crest of a wave.

:flag:

Juice-Terry
19-07-2017, 09:08 AM
Or, if you like, the rule is that each club can decide the number of away tickets available - including not giving away fans any tickets at all.

SChibs
19-07-2017, 09:16 AM
I don't think there is a rule about away ticket allocation in place in the league. In the cup, yes (10%), but not in the league - as far as I'm aware.

It's more than that in the Scottish cup, not sure about the league cup though

Since90+2
19-07-2017, 09:18 AM
Scottish cup rule is 20% of the capacity.

Sir David Gray
19-07-2017, 09:19 AM
What's the absolute minimum we can ask for, is there a rule like there is in the Scottish Cup ? For arguments sake say the minimum we can ask for was 5%, could the club not insist on this?

If there is a rule could the fans reps take this up?

There's no minimum amount for SPFL league games.

broondog
19-07-2017, 09:44 AM
You have never seen us sell out the away end at Ibrox or Parkhead??

not when Iīve been for a league game no.lots (esp. with families) seem to be correctly put off going there so increasing our attendance there would be very difficult

SChibs
19-07-2017, 10:07 AM
not when Iīve been for a league game no.lots (esp. with families) seem to be correctly put off going there so increasing our attendance there would be very difficult

Not a dig or anything but when was the last time you were at Ibrox?

.Sean.
19-07-2017, 11:37 AM
I can remember us selling Ibrox out numerous times but I cannot think of the last time we were even close to selling out at Celtic Park.

Hermit Crab
19-07-2017, 12:42 PM
I can remember us selling Ibrox out numerous times but I cannot think of the last time we were even close to selling out at Celtic Park.

Possibly under Mowbray when we won 1-3, O'connor, Sproule and Brown the scorers. Its funny reading about the ticket scramble for this game because under Calderwood we went through to Ibrox, won 0-3 but we only sold between 250-300 tickets that night.

Keith_M
19-07-2017, 02:05 PM
Possibly under Mowbray when we won 1-3, O'connor, Sproule and Brown the scorers. Its funny reading about the ticket scramble for this game because under Calderwood we went through to Ibrox, won 0-3 but we only sold between 250-300 tickets that night.

Most of the games I've attended at Ibrox we've had roughly 5-600.

It seems there was more demand in the couple of seasons we played them in the Championship but I think we should wait and see how many we get on a regular basis before demanding more.