PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: PETER CORMACK'S HIBERNIAN CAREER

RSS Bot
17-07-2017, 11:20 AM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/7687)

Bostonhibby
17-07-2017, 11:30 AM
Great read that. He was a fabulous player.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Jim44
17-07-2017, 12:35 PM
I knew Peter when he was a schoolboy......... he was a bit of a Jambo, but we'll forgive him for that. Great player.

lapsedhibee
17-07-2017, 12:54 PM
Remember the RM goal of course but also have an enduring image of him doing a single salchow in the centre circle at Tiny following a 'tackle' by Arthur Thomson. Wasn't a dive - he'd been terrorising the Hearts defence something awful and I don't think Arthur was keen on that continuing. Peter had to leap and twist to stay alive. Thomson was the dirtiest player I ever saw.

KWJ
17-07-2017, 12:54 PM
Did he damage a wall with a lawnmower and get the heave fae Hearts?

:greengrin

I wonder if Mr. Cummings will continue to follow Peter's career path.

heretoday
17-07-2017, 02:56 PM
Unique talent Cormack. His characteristic "balletic" style of running captivated more than one terracing regular. The playgrounds were full of kids doing the same thing!

I always felt he was rather underused by Liverpool. He fitted into the jigsaw while others bagged the headlines and the goals, but I dare say he's not complaining.

The Harp
17-07-2017, 02:59 PM
Saw him leaving ER after the game on Sat. Always good to see old players maintaining their affection for the Hibees. He's looking well and still as slim ever. Seemed to be limping slightly, hope it's nothing permanent.

Lago
17-07-2017, 03:22 PM
Great read that. He was a fabulous player.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk
Agree 100%.

where'stheslope
17-07-2017, 03:55 PM
Remember the RM goal of course but also have an enduring image of him doing a single salchow in the centre circle at Tiny following a 'tackle' by Arthur Thomson. Wasn't a dive - he'd been terrorising the Hearts defence something awful and I don't think Arthur was keen on that continuing. Peter had to leap and twist to stay alive. Thomson was the dirtiest player I ever saw.

I think he was totally misunderstood, as he only ever kick the way he was facing, and if the player was in front he went with the ball!

Played football on the beach at Gullane Sands with Peter during Trades Holiday's around 1970, he was some player even in his bare feet!!!

iwasthere1972
17-07-2017, 04:26 PM
Great player. In fact I modelled myself on him. Good in the air but couldn't master the slightly camp run.

Saw him scoring a cracking goal from the half way line against Dunfermline at Easter Road in 1967.

Tom Hart RIP
17-07-2017, 04:37 PM
Great player. In fact I modelled myself on him. Good in the air but couldn't master the slightly camp run.

Saw him scoring a cracking goal from the half way line against Dunfermline at Easter Road in 1967.

That was my first Hibs game. It was against Dunfermline. Roy Barry scored an own goal then Peter made it 2-0. I found the programme a couple of years ago. Tiny Wharton was the ref.
I spoke to Peter on Saturday and he is looking great. His knee gives him problems though climbing stairs.

Hillsidehibby
17-07-2017, 05:15 PM
My first game was v Falkirk in 1968. Getting beat 2-0 with not long to go. A Joe Davis penalty and two from Peter right at the end gave Hibs the win.

My first Hibs hero from that day.

I have the programme as well.

superfurryhibby
17-07-2017, 05:21 PM
Unique talent Cormack. His characteristic "balletic" style of running captivated more than one terracing regular. The playgrounds were full of kids doing the same thing!

I always felt he was rather underused by Liverpool. He fitted into the jigsaw while others bagged the headlines and the goals, but I dare say he's not complaining.

I think injury hampered his carer at Liverpool. Knee problems curtailed his stay and lead to his eventual departure to Bristol City. My memories of Peter as a player are pretty limited, sure I saw him palying during a very brief return to Hibs under Bertie Auld?

Some player in his day, a fine Hibernian.

Stantons Angel
17-07-2017, 05:34 PM
My first Hibs Hero way back when we were both very young.

He was a sublime player, so athletic and agile and just a superb footballer.

i was reminiscing with him at the last Hall of Fame Dinner telling him the things that my friend and i got up to.

We had such a giggle, he was oblivious to it all at the time.......

Always speaks fondly of his time at Hibs and the guys he called friends from a young age.

A gentleman and a Hibs player who has done it all.