PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: SEASON TICKET SALES SURPASS 12K MILESTONE

RSS Bot
17-07-2017, 11:10 AM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/7685)

17-07-2017, 11:12 AM
Brilliant effort :thumbsup::flag:

Whats the record?

wandering_hibee
17-07-2017, 11:14 AM
[QUOTSupporters have been buying tickets in their numbers in anticipation of the new season, with the previous season ticket record of 11.5k now comprehensively beatenE=21.05.2016;5104538]Brilliant effort :thumbsup::flag:

Whats the record?[/QUOTE]

Ozyhibby
17-07-2017, 11:15 AM
Great news.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheGreenMan
17-07-2017, 11:29 AM
Hopefully get to 13k now

lucky
17-07-2017, 11:31 AM
Brilliant effort :thumbsup::flag:

Whats the record?

This

Onceinawhile
17-07-2017, 12:10 PM
This

From memory about 11.5k?

17-07-2017, 12:19 PM
Hopefully a couple exciting signings still to be made that will give it just one last wee push.

If your able to, sign up and get a ST. Its the singe best way to financially support the club. To get where we want to be we need to have as much funds as possible available.

We're back where we belong so many more exciting fixtures in the season to enjoy. Get signed up if you can and be part of it :aok:

NAE NOOKIE
17-07-2017, 12:20 PM
Hopefully get to 13k now

From 11,000 to 12,000 has been a bit of a crawl though, in view of that I cant say I would be optimistic of reaching 13,000 before the league season starts. Perhaps we will reach or exceed that after Christmas with half season tickets if we are doing well in the league.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not being a doom and gloomer, IMO to reach 12,000 season ticket holders is utterly fantastic, we will certainly have around 12,200 to 12,400 by the time the Partick Thistle game kicks off and a few years ago that would have been close to an impossible dream for this club :aok:

Keith_M
17-07-2017, 12:27 PM
From memory about 11.5k?

I think he means the current season is the highest sales ever.

BegbieHSC
17-07-2017, 12:30 PM
Honestly, i was openly pissed on here about the Montrose ticket sales.

But seeing how amazing the fans are being with the season tickets, it makes me proud to be a Hibby.

Get in Stokesy/Hendo/someone like Moult, don't be surprised if we stretch to 13,000

Col2
17-07-2017, 12:31 PM
Has Franksusy collection for season tickets part of this total or still to be added?

Onceinawhile
17-07-2017, 12:33 PM
I think he means the current season is the highest sales ever.

Looking at it again quite possibly. I thought he was asking again.

Northernhibee
17-07-2017, 12:37 PM
Considering we were staring down the barrel of 7-8k attendances before the cup win, just goes to show how much winning the cup has inspired the club to new heights.

CMurdoch
17-07-2017, 12:40 PM
12,000 ST sales is Brilliant!!!
An almost 15% rise on last seasons start figure (a Scottish Cup fueled 10,600) and still almost 3 weeks until the league kicks off.

As my fellow poster says above, sales have been slow in recent times.
The slow down occurred at 11,250 but that was to be expected as we hit saturation point.
Kudos to the ITK poster that said then that there would be no more official number updates till we reached 12,000.

Can see us reaching 12,500 with the usual late buyers and Suzy Leith purchases.

Anyone on here still to buy?

17-07-2017, 12:41 PM
Considering we were staring down the barrel of 7-8k attendances before the cup win, just goes to show how much winning the cup has inspired the club to new heights.

Absolutely. The cup win has had a massive effect.

FranckSuzy
17-07-2017, 01:27 PM
Has Franksusy collection for season tickets part of this total or still to be added?

Still to be added :thumbsup:

Col2
17-07-2017, 01:29 PM

Fantastic!!!!

yonder1875
17-07-2017, 01:43 PM
Still think a big signing or two will push the sales beyond 13,000.

SirDavidsNapper
17-07-2017, 01:46 PM

Hopefully 200+ still to be added with that alone then 😀

Renfrew_Hibby
17-07-2017, 10:48 PM
Think we could be looking at average attendance's of 15K for non derby/old firm matches. If we could get near sell outs for the derby and old firm games we could be at 16.5k minimum.

Diclonius
17-07-2017, 11:10 PM
I mind a few years back when we were on a mini-revival of sorts under Calderwood after years of abject failure, the fans put together a "green day" to get people to come along, which the club then endorsed by allowing every ST holder to bring someone along for free. Our attendance that day (13-14K) would probably be lower than our lowest league attendance this season.

southern hibby
17-07-2017, 11:25 PM
Said earlier in close season think Hibs could get just over 14K with half season tickets, really is possible especially if we get one or two excellent signings that wet the fans appetite.

Even if we get no more season tickets sold this is a remarkable effort to beat our best by over 500, considering we spent three years in the championship.

GGTTH

monktonharp
17-07-2017, 11:28 PM
will be buying mine next week. might get one for our wee granddaughter to although he is already a Hibs Kid:flag:

lucky
18-07-2017, 06:32 AM
Does anyone think we should limit ST sales in the home stands to allow walk up fans the chance of a ticket at every game?

SirDavidsNapper
18-07-2017, 06:36 AM
Does anyone think we should limit ST sales in the home stands to allow walk up fans the chance of a ticket at every game?

I think anyone who wants a walk up ticket will get one

StevieCowan
18-07-2017, 06:55 AM
Think we could be looking at average attendance's of 15K for non derby/old firm matches. If we could get near sell outs for the derby and old firm games we could be at 16.5k minimum.

The home OF games and v Hearts will all be 20k attendance 'sell outs' and v Aberdeen not far behind that.

green day
18-07-2017, 07:43 AM
Its a disgrace so many of us have been taken in.

Asking supporters to fork out for hunners of pounds up front, just to benefit the club when you can walk up for twenty quid?

Robbing barstewards !

Its another example of Tom Farmers ponzi scheme or money laundering or something else I read on the interweb.

Brubble1875
18-07-2017, 01:12 PM

LeithLinks are doing a marvellous job in getting young kids along to the matches. Do you think you will surpass last seasons excellent ST purchases of 269?

Jamesie
18-07-2017, 02:10 PM
Wonder what the average income-per-season ticket is when OAPs / children / other concessions are taken into account. If we say £250 (I have no insight into the accuracy of this at all) then x 12,000 means £3 million (£2.4 million minus VAT) income in season ticket sales alone - not bad!

18-07-2017, 02:23 PM
I mind a few years back when we were on a mini-revival of sorts under Calderwood after years of abject failure, the fans put together a "green day" to get people to come along, which the club then endorsed by allowing every ST holder to bring someone along for free. Our attendance that day (13-14K) would probably be lower than our lowest league attendance this season.

Just shows you how far we've come. The years leading up to relegation, we were on a downward spiral, ST numbers dwindling by the year. A lot of people sick of seeing the same old rubbish season after season. Looking back now you can really fully see just how awful those years were.

We are like a new club now and going along to ER now is a far more enjoyable experience. Really hope we can have one final push to trya nd get to the 13k mark, that would be outstanding. Encourage as many people as possible to get on board.

CapitalGreen
18-07-2017, 02:28 PM

Absolutely not.

Since90+2
18-07-2017, 02:29 PM
No chance the club would ever limit the sales of season tickets to potentially accommodate walk ups.

18-07-2017, 02:45 PM

No way. Get as many ST holders as possible, if that means less seats for walk-ups then so be it. Why would they limit guarenteed money for people who may or may not walk up.

grunt
21-07-2017, 10:31 AM
I see Celtic have just announced they've sold out all their season tickets.
Wow.

Souter96Mac
21-07-2017, 10:38 AM
Certainly seems as if Scottish football is on the up in terms of support with all the top clubs in the division selling large amount of seasons!

Golden Bear
21-07-2017, 10:40 AM

Nope. Guaranteed money up front will always be a preference. Unless circumstances change dramatically, there will always be room for walk up fans albeit not in the best viewing areas.

yonder1875
21-07-2017, 10:55 AM
I see Celtic have just announced they've sold out all their season tickets.
Wow.

Read that they have sold 52.5k out of a 60k seater stadium - anyone know what our figure would be for selling out STs?

Juice-Terry
21-07-2017, 11:00 AM
Read that they have sold 52.5k out of a 60k seater stadium - anyone know what our figure would be for selling out STs?
Around 15,500?

Col2
21-07-2017, 11:00 AM

I would guess 14.5k for 16k home supporter allocation. Unless we had a priority B for non OF and Hearts games which would increase it. Don't think we will get to 14.5k this season, maybe 13.5k max.

Johnny Clash
21-07-2017, 11:22 AM
I think anyone who wants a walk up ticket will get one

Also makes sense for us ST holders to release any seats we can't use so walk ups can access them. It helps fill the ground plus gives our club extra money

NAE NOOKIE
21-07-2017, 11:23 AM
Certainly seems as if Scottish football is on the up in terms of support with all the top clubs in the division selling large amount of seasons!

This is what I find encouraging as well ..... 5 of the 12 clubs in the league have already reached or surpassed 10,000 ST sales and following a tremendous result in Europe last night I would hope a few more Aberdeen fans will be encouraged to buy, taking them closer to 12,000. I read on Motherwell's official site a few weeks ago that their ST sales were significantly ahead of the same point last year.

Leaving partisanship aside ( IE the huge number of glory hunters buying for the Ugly sisters ) its always good to see folk supporting the game and it would be nice to think that the supporters of Dundee, Ross County etc would improve on their ST sales from last season. The only two clubs almost certain to let the side down are Hamilton, coz they always do and Killie, who have had a shocking start to the season.

It certainly looks like there's a good chance that the Premiership could see an overall attendance figure that's as good as its been for years, possibly decades, next season :thumbsup:

Sean1875
21-07-2017, 11:33 AM
This is what I find encouraging as well ..... 5 of the 12 clubs in the league have already reached or surpassed 10,000 ST sales and following a tremendous result in Europe last night I would hope a few more Aberdeen fans will be encouraged to buy, taking them closer to 12,000. I read on Motherwell's official site a few weeks ago that their ST sales were significantly ahead of the same point last year.

Leaving partisanship aside ( IE the huge number of glory hunters buying for the Ugly sisters ) its always good to see folk supporting the game and it would be nice to think that the supporters of Dundee, Ross County etc would improve on their ST sales from last season. The only two clubs almost certain to let the side down are Hamilton, coz they always do and Killie, who have had a shocking start to the season.

It certainly looks like there's a good chance that the Premiership could see an overall attendance figure that's as good as its been for years, possibly decades, next season :thumbsup:

That's the Hibernian effect :wink:

patlowe
21-07-2017, 11:33 AM

They're all just desperate to see the Cabbage

StevieCowan
21-07-2017, 12:31 PM
It would've hard now for anyone to complain that they didn't get tickets for "big games" considering they are all on sale now.

In effect you can decide if you want to just get a "ST" for the home games v hearts, Rangers and Celtic.

Better for the club if you get a ST though 👍

FranckSuzy
21-07-2017, 01:38 PM
LeithLinks are doing a marvellous job in getting young kids along to the matches. Do you think you will surpass last seasons excellent ST purchases of 269?

Sadly not as Hibs have put a cap on the number available (300). I *should* raise enough for 200, at least, and others buy direct from the Club, accounting for the other 100.

There will be an announcement about the Kicks for Kids scheme in general though so we'll know more soon :aok:

greenginger
22-07-2017, 08:47 AM
I did a dot count the other day and got these figures.

West Stand - 920
F.F. - 253
East - 927

That's a total of 2100 home tickets available. I know every seat that is not available is not necessarily a sold season ticket, or what has been sold in the West Executive Seated area, but I'd guess we are well past the 12,000 mark now.

Aldo
22-07-2017, 12:58 PM
I did a dot count the other day and got these figures. West Stand - 920 F.F. - 253 East - 927 That's a total of 2100 home tickets available. I know every seat that is not available is not necessarily a sold season ticket, or what has been sold in the West Executive Seated area, but I'd guess we are well past the 12,000 mark now.

Thanks for that GG but why are you not stalking the dump known as the Asbestos Arena! dde01

I look forward to your daily updates and tbh I'm disappointed you have spent valuable update time dot counting when you should be getting the daily 'delay update' on the Megastand chat from those on the ground!!dde48

Tsk tsk!!

*insert me shaking my head disappointedly

Beefster
23-07-2017, 10:27 AM

Do you think that?

jgl07
23-07-2017, 10:56 AM
There is a case for putting a limit so as not to make attendance a closed shop.

However I would not do anything just yet save offering South Stand Cat B season tickets.

lucky
23-07-2017, 11:02 AM
Do you think that?

I think there is some merit in doing that. Not all fans can go every week for a variety of reasons. But with the South stand available except against Rangers, Celtic, Hearts and probably Aberdeen there is still scope to sell out the 3 home stands and still have room for walk up fans.

Keith_M
23-07-2017, 11:19 AM
If the club sells home tickets for the South Stand at Cat B games then there's still roughly 4k seats available for walk ups (when the executive seats are excluded).

hibsforeurope
24-07-2017, 12:21 PM

I think our limit for Cat A ST tickets would be roughly 16500, what ever the 3 home stands hold and probably 18500 including Cat B tickets.

CapitalGreen
24-07-2017, 12:38 PM
I think there is some merit in doing that. Not all fans can go every week for a variety of reasons. But with the South stand available except against Rangers, Celtic, Hearts and probably Aberdeen there is still scope to sell out the 3 home stands and still have room for walk up fans.

So we should limit the sale of tickets to people who want to go every week to keep tickets available for those who don't?

Since90+2
24-07-2017, 12:40 PM
I think we can be pretty certain the club wont be limiting the sales of season tickets. It would make no financial sense at all to do that.

lord bunberry
24-07-2017, 12:45 PM
So we should limit the sale of tickets to people who want to go every week to keep tickets available for those who don't?
It's not going to happen this season anyway, but all clubs leave a limited number of tickets for walk up fans. Not everyone can afford to buy a season ticket. It would be a nice problem to have, but we're a bit of that scenario at the moment.

1van Sprou7e
24-07-2017, 12:47 PM
I think we can be pretty certain the club wont be limiting the sales of season tickets. It would make no financial sense at all to do that.

Yeah they wont, but surely they would if the demand was high enough? We're guaranteed a few hundred walk ups each game, and since we make more money from 18 walk ups than 1 season ticket surely we would reserve some seats for that?

CapitalGreen
24-07-2017, 12:52 PM
Yeah they wont, but surely they would if the demand was high enough? We're guaranteed a few hundred walk ups each game, and since we make more money from 18 walk ups than 1 season ticket surely we would reserve some seats for that?

We are not guaranteed anything from walk-ups. Walk-up numbers will fluctuate depending on how the team is performing as fans pick and choose when to attend.

We are however guaranteed income at the point the manager needs it most whenever somebody purchases a season ticket.

The_Horde
24-07-2017, 12:55 PM
Anyone know when the first payment of the plan comes out?

SJNB Hibby
24-07-2017, 12:59 PM
It's not going to happen this season anyway, but all clubs leave a limited number of tickets for walk up fans. Not everyone can afford to buy a season ticket. It would be a nice problem to have, but we're a bit of that scenario at the moment.

It's not just affordability
I am only in the country a week or so each y
ear but have managed 7 games since 2007

lucky
24-07-2017, 01:42 PM

Why quote one line? I gave an explanation on the merits of it but as I said that with the South stand available there was no real need to do it

KWJ
24-07-2017, 01:52 PM
Bought tickets for the derby and Partick games today. Shop had people in it as I arrived and when I was leaving. If you want to sit with someone you know you're restricted to the edges of the stadium now. Even right down the front there's nothing central for 2 people.

Impressive and healthy but can also be a little off putting for the walk up.

It'd be good to have some sort of system where no shows could have their seat taken by other fans to improve the experience.

Funds are stretched here so I think I'm going to buy 2 tickets a month. 1 for that month and then a derby, aberdeen, rangers or celtic match.

ancient hibee
24-07-2017, 06:10 PM
Yes.I intend to let the club know anytime I'll miss a game.

TheGreenMan
24-07-2017, 08:23 PM
Stokes and the boy from Juventus should add a few more to the gate. If we keep hold of John Mcginn were going to have some squad

BOB MARLEYS DUG
24-07-2017, 11:48 PM
Stokes and the boy from Juventus should add a few more to the gate. If we keep hold of John Mcginn were going to have some squad

Plus the addition of a couple more after than and Commons still to come.

KWJ
26-07-2017, 02:50 PM
Wonder if the yams start poorly that they may not sell out the south and their allocation would be sold per block and possibly result in us getting some of the stand.

The_Todd
27-07-2017, 06:57 AM
Doubt it.

SouthMoroccoStu
27-07-2017, 07:02 AM
Wonder if the yams start poorly that they may not sell out the south and their allocation would be sold per block and possibly result in us getting some of the stand.

You have a point.

They have history for not turning up for derbies when things are going well

macca70
27-07-2017, 07:04 AM

Tuesday night on telly and with there recent Derby record, it is unlikely they will sell out.

Highly unlikely hibs would split the away stand against them though.

Keyser Sauzee
31-07-2017, 09:56 PM
3 more bought today from myself and 2 others, what will the total ST sales be at now??

CMurdoch
01-08-2017, 12:22 AM
3 more bought today from myself and 2 others, what will the total ST sales be at now??

12,003 Welcome to the party :wink:

Probably 12,250.
Don't know if Suzy from Leith Links has bought her batch yet.
Think she currently has cash for about 155 season tickets at the moment.

FranckSuzy
01-08-2017, 11:54 AM
12,003 Welcome to the party :wink:

Probably 12,250.
Don't know if Suzy from Leith Links has bought her batch yet.
Think she currently has cash for about 155 season tickets at the moment.

I haven't, no :aok: Just back from holiday so will get on to it ASAP :thumbsup:

Craigmount Hibs
01-08-2017, 12:00 PM

I hope I'm not behind you in the queue, when you do get around to it!!

1875STEVE
01-08-2017, 02:16 PM
They will need to start putting home fans in the away end soon I think, for non cat A games.... :aok:

Iggy Pope
01-08-2017, 02:24 PM

Quick now. We need these wee guys in their seats on Saturday.......:flag:

Hibby70
01-08-2017, 05:03 PM
Quick now. We need these wee guys in their seats on Saturday.......:flag:

That'll be a fair wee chunk of the remaining seats gone. Probably looking at around 500 left by end of tomorrow.

Then around another 1k available in the South to sell Thu/Fri

SirDavidsNapper
01-08-2017, 05:12 PM
What is the maximum amount of season ticket holders we can have?

FranckSuzy
01-08-2017, 07:20 PM
I hope I'm not behind you in the queue, when you do get around to it!!

:tee hee: Might head down tomorrow lunchtime so be warned :thumbsup:

CMurdoch
02-08-2017, 09:09 PM
Roll up Roll up
Only a few thousand season tickets left
What are you waiting for folks
Get your Hibs pals on board the mighty Lennon Juggernault

Heedersnvolleys
02-08-2017, 09:40 PM
Roll up Roll up
Only a few thousand season tickets left
What are you waiting for folks
Get your Hibs pals on board the mighty Lennon Juggernault

In today sorting out an issue with my season ticket and it was really busy.

CMurdoch
02-08-2017, 10:09 PM
In today sorting out an issue with my season ticket and it was really busy.

Brilliant
Kickback reckon they have sold 13,350.
Think we are about a thousand behind that.

Suzy Leith Links buying 150 ST's for KfK
Can see us hitting 12,500 before Saturdays kick off which is almost 2,000 up on last season.
Hopefully the Stokes signing will tip a few more over from walk up to ST.

Mibbes Aye
02-08-2017, 10:29 PM

If we lose McGinn, I think we will definitely replace and while SJM is fantastic, who's to say we can't find another gem? Regardless, I hope we can keep him for one more season.

Results will pile the numbers onto the gate. I remember when Riordan came back and people were claiming it would add 1-2,000 to our attendance.

It didn't, but if we are winning regularly then we will get the walk-ups and we will see half-seasons being bought at the turn of the year.

I hope we aren't putting too much expectation on Slivka but I'm excited by him and his pedigree.

Stokes has the potential to score barrowloads and hopefully will get the service. By the end of the window. I think we will be set up the way Lennon wants. Don't think we are far off it already.

Most importantly, I think we have the spine right and are robust in defence. It's a harder ask next season, but we've shown we can compete with sides in the top flight.

That robustness in defence, a combative midfield and an up-for-it strike force in Murray and Stokes looks good. One more striker to challenge Stokes and Murray and possibly a bit more width depending on formation and we are set. As it stands I think we are looking strong.

Crazyhorse
03-08-2017, 09:36 AM
Brilliant

Can see us hitting 12,500 before Saturdays kick off which is almost 2,000 up on last season.

Was listening to the Scottish football podcast (just catching up here in South Tunisia) and Medals was going on about 14,000 season ticket holders at tinycastle demanding something must be done about Cathy.
We should adopt the Jambo policy of rounding everything up we could then blether on about our 13,000 season ticket holders in our 21,000 capacity stadium.

18Hibee75
03-08-2017, 11:15 AM
Does anyone know how many ST we have actually sold??

Sent from my F3211 using Tapatalk

Keith_M
03-08-2017, 11:29 AM
Does anyone know how many ST we have actually sold??

The Ticket Office?

:dunno:

GreenCastle
03-08-2017, 12:21 PM
Hopefully a few more will commit this season. Avoids any worries buying for the bigger games which will sell out as you will have your seat reserved.

As I've said before see it as a membership rather than making every game - support the club that have given us so many memories and will continue to do so :agree:

Ronniekirk
03-08-2017, 02:19 PM
Has to be over12,500 and with Stokes signing another wee surge could see us being nearer the 13,000 mark . If we dont reach it a week or so after the Season starts ,we will do so when we start selling half season tickets

RoxburghHibs
03-08-2017, 05:08 PM
Brilliant

Listening to the Celtic pre-match chat last night (on BBC Radio Scotland) they started creaming over how great Hearts are. At the start of this chat they said nearly 14000 season tickets sold but later said 15000 :rolleyes:

It's like they have to exaggerate everything to make them appear better than they are.

Jack Hackett
03-08-2017, 05:56 PM
Listening to the Celtic pre-match chat last night (on BBC Radio Scotland) they started creaming over how great Hearts are. At the start of this chat they said nearly 14000 season tickets sold but later said 15000 :rolleyes:

It's like they have to exaggerate everything to make them appear better than they are.

The Yam Comb-over :greengrin