PDA

View Full Version : Scott McDonald

Alfiembra
16-07-2017, 04:33 PM
Just read that his move back home to Oz has "stalled" and he's open to offers.

Didn't he knock back an offer from us last year and does anyone think he'd be worth punt?

sleeping giant
16-07-2017, 04:37 PM
No thanks.

Piss off Scott

Souter96Mac
16-07-2017, 04:39 PM
Not for me

SaulGoodman
Nope

Nevi_SOL
No chance

Bostonhibby
16-07-2017, 04:41 PM
Depends how far we could punt him in one go.

That'll be a no.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

bingo70
16-07-2017, 04:42 PM
Was he any good for Motherwell last season?

CRAZYHIBBY
16-07-2017, 05:09 PM
God no hes finished

Thecat23
16-07-2017, 05:14 PM
He's absolutely honking. I'd be hugely disappointed if we were even looking at him.

Libby Hibby
16-07-2017, 05:19 PM
No thanks.

CraigHibee
16-07-2017, 05:20 PM
Not after he took the piss the last time, plus he's nearly fit for the scrap heap

AlbertK86
16-07-2017, 05:35 PM
No thanks. Piss off Scott

This

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

iwasthere1972
16-07-2017, 05:35 PM
Well past his sell by date. Honking.

NORTHERNHIBBY
16-07-2017, 05:40 PM
Nope. Only seems to get fired up if there is a comment to be made about Celtc.

The Captain....
16-07-2017, 05:41 PM
He's absolutely honking. I'd be hugely disappointed if we were even looking at him.

I wouldn't be surprised if we are looking at him...i think we're running out of affordable options and will feel we need to bring someone in soon. Other than that I share your view that he's seen better days.

I honestly think we're toiling to bring in Lennon's targets as they are all getting better offers elsewhere..its great showing ambition in making signings but not if those signings are unrealistic. Others will disagree and thats fine...I hope they are right and Im wrong.

MyJo
16-07-2017, 05:42 PM
Nope, turned down his chance to play for us last summer and isn't good enough.

MyJo
16-07-2017, 05:47 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if we are looking at him...i think we're running out of affordable options and will feel we need to bring someone in soon. Other than that I share your view that he's seen better days.

I honestly think we're toiling to bring in Lennon's targets as they are all getting better offers elsewhere..its great showing ambition in making signings but not if those signings are unrealistic. Others will disagree and thats fine...I hope they are right and Im wrong.

Which of Lennon's targets have had better offers elsewhere?

Berry was up for signing talks before cambridge apparently pulled the plug on the deal and Lafferty didn't get to the stage of getting an offer from us, those are the only two i have heard about that we were interested in and didn't sign?

banarc7062
16-07-2017, 05:52 PM
No thanks, we don't need divers. GGTTH

The Captain....
16-07-2017, 05:53 PM
Which of Lennon's targets have had better offers elsewhere?

Berry was up for signing talks before cambridge apparently pulled the plug on the deal and Lafferty didn't get to the stage of getting an offer from us, those are the only two i have heard about that we were interested in and didn't sign?

So thats two...add in Greg Stewart and Liam Boyce...looks like Samaras, Stokes too and we also have an interest in Moult but not at the money 'Well are asking...apart from that you mean???

oneone73
16-07-2017, 05:53 PM
Nope. No way.

SlickShoes
16-07-2017, 05:59 PM
So thats two...add in Greg Stewart and Liam Boyce...looks like Samaras, Stokes too and we also have an interest in Moult but not at the money 'Well are asking...apart from that you mean???

Does Lennon only go for .net approved signings like? We have already signed 5 players, they are all players he wanted. I don't see how we are struggling at all.

offshorehibby
16-07-2017, 06:01 PM
After the way he treated us last year, I think the only way NL would touch him is wi a baseball bat.

MyJo
16-07-2017, 06:01 PM

Berry is still with Cambridge after they put a stop to the transfer.

Lafferty didn't even turn up to speak to us.

Motherwell are asking for a transfer fee we consider to be to high for Moult, according to the papers.

No evidence to suggest we were ever in for Boyce or Stewart.

Samaras and Stokes haven't signed for anyone else yet.

Still failing to see where Hibs have missed out on any of these players due to other teams offering more money than us?

Deansy
16-07-2017, 06:11 PM
This is where Lennon's contacts in the media could come in handy - get one or two of them to report we're interested in McDonald which would no doubt see Harry Potter signing him on a 3-year deal, thus putting even more strain on their 'already depleted, poor, old cow' (the cash cow - not .......!) ??

KeithTheHibby
16-07-2017, 06:13 PM
He can **** off. Lennon wouldn't entertain him either and quite rightly so.

Big_Franck
16-07-2017, 06:18 PM
No chance. He's been finished for a good while. I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up at one of the better Championship sides.

OxoHibby
16-07-2017, 06:21 PM
Nope

Heisenberg
16-07-2017, 06:23 PM
I really hope Lennon isn't wanting him again.

The Captain....
16-07-2017, 06:23 PM
Does Lennon only go for .net approved signings like? We have already signed 5 players, they are all players he wanted. I don't see how we are struggling at all.

Yep..your right...great argument...Lennon looks at .net and tries to sign those players. The usual .net response where an argument is taken to the extreme rather than rationally debated.

I agree with you I think we have done well to bring in Efe, Marciano etc...they kept us where we were at the end of last season tho...we need to improve in scoring goals and it is that area that is hardest to recruit. We, financially, do not seem to be in a position to bring in the players I've already listed. If you don't believe we were interested in those players thats fine...there is no point debating further. I already stated others would disagree...I can handle folk having a different opinion to mine.

Col2
16-07-2017, 06:26 PM
NL wanted him 12 months ago.

It's not impossible to think he might want him again. He is fit and can be useful. A better option than Brian Graham IF he is leaving and we still want TWO more strikers regardless.

Stokes
Murray
Moult/Church
MacDonald

Wouldn't be unhappy with this..

The Captain....
16-07-2017, 06:27 PM
Berry is still with Cambridge after they put a stop to the transfer.

Lafferty didn't even turn up to speak to us.

Motherwell are asking for a transfer fee we consider to be to high for Moult, according to the papers.

No evidence to suggest we were ever in for Boyce or Stewart.

Samaras and Stokes haven't signed for anyone else yet.

Still failing to see where Hibs have missed out on any of these players due to other teams offering more money than us?

Fair enough you disagree with me..would seem a bit remiss of the recruitment side to not be interested, Kenny Millar seemed to agree also but if it makes you feel better to pretend we never lose out on players because they don't fit our budget you crack on.

stantonsboots
16-07-2017, 06:49 PM
So thats two...add in Greg Stewart and Liam Boyce...looks like Samaras, Stokes too and we also have an interest in Moult but not at the money 'Well are asking...apart from that you mean???just because the press say we're interested doesn't make it true! I refer you to every rangers player was assaulted!

MyJo
16-07-2017, 06:54 PM
Fair enough you disagree with me..would seem a bit remiss of the recruitment side to not be interested, Kenny Millar seemed to agree also but if it makes you feel better to pretend we never lose out on players because they don't fit our budget you crack on.

I never once said we don't lose out on players because of budget. It's happened before and it will definately happen again...we may very well lose out on signing Stokes because he is offered more money elsewhere (i posted as much on the Stokes Loan thread earlier today)but it hasn't happened yet.

What i'm trying to get is the evidence showing that we have missed out on all these players because we didn't offer them enough money and why, with 6 or 7 weeks of the transfer window left, Lennon is apparently being forced to sign second rate players?

Everything that i have seen in the transfer window so far suggests the complete opposite.

Multiple players signed to new contracts

A premiership rivals best player from last season.

A young, developing, hardworking striker who scored two goals in his competitive debut.

Current internationalist goalkeeper on a 4 year deal.

Current internationalist, multiple league and cup winning defender with champions league experience on a two year deal.

Former internationalist utlity player, Cup winner with Hibs and 10 years experience of playing in the english premiership and championship on a 3 year deal.

Yes, there is still a severe lack of strikers at the club and getting a quality striker is one of the hardest things to do so it stands to reason that the type and quality of player we want isn't going to be easy to get and will take time to acheive.

The facts are the better players will more than likely become available and/or more willing to come to Hibs nearer the end of the transfer window and it would seem to me that Lennon is making the effort to get the right type and quality of player he wants rather than just signing whoever is available to keep the fans faces straight and have players in before the season starts.

The_Horde
16-07-2017, 07:14 PM
This

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

These

Brightside
16-07-2017, 07:19 PM
Just read that his move back home to Oz has "stalled" and he's open to offers.

Didn't he knock back an offer from us last year and does anyone think he'd be worth punt?

hes utter pish.

Brightside
16-07-2017, 07:20 PM

You are Mental.

No offence mind.

givescotlandfreedom
16-07-2017, 07:23 PM
He made an idiot out of us last year, he can bolt.

alihibs1
16-07-2017, 07:37 PM
NL wanted him 12 months ago.

It's not impossible to think he might want him again. He is fit and can be useful. A better option than Brian Graham IF he is leaving and we still want TWO more strikers regardless.

Stokes
Murray
Moult/Church
MacDonald

Wouldn't be unhappy with this..
Would rather give Oli Shaw game time though.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Nemo
16-07-2017, 07:38 PM
no from me

Dalianwanda
16-07-2017, 07:38 PM

I really have to disagree...We have brought in quality so far, best window I can remember...Yeah we missed out on Berry but not sure what the story was there (neither has anyone)...Apart from that its all rumour.......Lennon seems relaxed & I dont think he would be the type to come across that way if he was struggling to find a striker..

Oh yeah & **** SMc

jdships
16-07-2017, 08:33 PM
No chance. He's been finished for a good while. I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up at one of the better Championship sides.

don't think he is good enough now even there :na na:

edwards
16-07-2017, 08:57 PM
Lennon might be tempted to bring him in for a season he proved he can score goals at this level so would not be surprised to see him at ER

snooky
16-07-2017, 09:23 PM
Please please please- no more past-their-sell-by-date players.
Fresh fruit required.

NOLA
16-07-2017, 09:39 PM
Is he any good as a target man [emoji854]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eyrie
16-07-2017, 09:47 PM
Please please please- no more past-their-sell-by-date players.
Fresh fruit required.

Agreed. At this stage of his career Commons is more like a rotting vegetable.

I'd prefer to see Martin and Murray getting game time, or a young player brought in (eg Crawford).

SirDavidsNapper
16-07-2017, 11:40 PM
No thanks. Had his chance to play for Hibs and blew it. Unfortunately for him we got promoted and are looking at better options.

basehibby
17-07-2017, 01:13 AM
He made an idiot out of us last year, he can bolt.
Agreed - 1 in 4 for Motherwell last season is not nearly enough to overshadow his prior disrespect - he can GTF.

17-07-2017, 08:24 AM
Defo no. 10 years ago maybe but certainly not now. Would be very disappointed if thats the standard of striker we're looking at to replace Cummings.

uk3doorsdown
17-07-2017, 02:57 PM
he's a wee rat and can do one!

heretoday
17-07-2017, 03:00 PM
I think we're ok for experienced players now, thanks.

Baw187
17-07-2017, 03:09 PM
Think the OP got his answer! [emoji1]

Macdonald can GTF!

Hermit Crab
17-07-2017, 03:09 PM
He has signed for Hamilton Accies by the looks of things.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170717/3b273186b43aef5d1504051d1ba10ab2.png

MyJo
17-07-2017, 03:11 PM

Good, horrible player for a horrible club

Dashing Bob S
17-07-2017, 03:11 PM
We have a mountain to climb if we want to sign Moult.

SirDavidsNapper
17-07-2017, 04:13 PM
Good, horrible player for a horrible club

Bit harsh. They've done nothing wrong. Punching well above their weight but good on them

Billy Whizz
17-07-2017, 04:16 PM

Wonder why he didn't go back to Motherwell, went to their rivals instead?

MyJo
17-07-2017, 04:24 PM
Bit harsh. They've done nothing wrong. Punching well above their weight but good on them

Still holding a grudge for relegating us :tee hee:

eastmainsmsh
17-07-2017, 05:40 PM
Wonder why he didn't go back to Motherwell, went to their rivals instead?

He will prob go to aus in January

Heisenberg
17-07-2017, 05:45 PM

Looks like that tweets a fake. Hamilton haven't announced it.

#persevered
17-07-2017, 07:58 PM
Looks like that tweets a fake. Hamilton haven't announced it.

Spelt his name wrong too.

BoomtownHibees
25-07-2017, 03:17 PM
Signed for Dundee Utd. Decent couple of strikers in him and Keatings for the Championship

Famous Fiver
25-07-2017, 03:22 PM
Reportedly tried to wring some extra cash out of us last year hence the deal failed. He either accepted a drop in wages or sweet talked Dundee United to up the anti.

Don't think NL would have gone back in for him.

Big_Franck
25-07-2017, 04:40 PM
Top end of the championship is about his level now IMO. Not the worst signing for United.

Souter96Mac
25-07-2017, 05:26 PM
United look like they're chucking a bit of money to make sure they get up this year,
not too dissimilar to us to be fair