PDA

View Full Version : 3-5-2

thebausburst
16-07-2017, 10:21 AM
Take it Hibs will be going with 3 CHs at the back for new season, looked good yesterday albeit against very limited opponents, Efe Daz and one other with Whit and Louis or SDG as wing backs sounds very exciting me thinks.:thumbsup:

Mr White
16-07-2017, 10:30 AM
Take it Hibs will be going with 3 CHs at the back for new season, looked good yesterday albeit against very limited opponents, Efe Daz and one other with Whit and Louis or SDG as wing backs sounds very exciting me thinks.:thumbsup:

The switch to 4 at the back when Fontaine went off makes me think we'll play various formations this season depending on the opposition and our player availability.

Souter96Mac
16-07-2017, 10:32 AM
We lost a bit of momentum when we went to 442 imo, I liked the 352

Billy Whizz
16-07-2017, 10:38 AM
We lost a bit of momentum when we went to 442 imo, I liked the 352

Think Dylan going off was the key, stopped playing football

mim
16-07-2017, 10:55 AM

Exactly this. We lost shape when Dylan went off.

Shrekko
16-07-2017, 11:02 AM
Exactly this. We lost shape when Dylan went off.

He is absolutely superb at this level. Knows how to dictate the tempo perfectly.

IAmLee
16-07-2017, 11:03 AM

That's what I thought, Dylan went off then Graham came on leading to us hoofing the ball to him more, something we hadn't really done up until then. It was a shame cos Brian looked far more productive when he got the ball at his feet.

16-07-2017, 11:14 AM
We're spoilt for choice with defense. Efe, Hanlon, McGreagor, Fontaine, Whitty, Lewis, Sir David and now the young lad Porteous is back (nowhere near the first team yet but he's an option and certainly one for the future).

Its the top end we are running low on, need to bring in goalscorers.

High-On-Hibs
16-07-2017, 11:28 AM
Doubt we'll have a fixed formation set up. It will depend on the opposition. We have the flexibility in defence and midfield to alter the shape.

Keyser Sauzee
16-07-2017, 11:30 AM
Was Dylan being replaced due to injury??

Nameless
16-07-2017, 11:38 AM
If it is a 3-5-2 more often than not, what's the best centre 3? McGinn, Swanson, McGeough are all very attack minded, but that's my preference.

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

B.H.F.C
16-07-2017, 11:43 AM
Was Dylan being replaced due to injury??

He jogged off so I guess not. We just need to look after him, no point in keeping him on the park in a game like tha.

Smartie
16-07-2017, 11:47 AM
We've often looked at our best over the past few years with a 3-5-2, although this has often depended on the personnel available.

That looks to be the case next year too.

I don't think Hibs have ever had a striker comfortable playing up front on his own, so it needs to be a formation that allows us to play two strikers.

S4uzee
16-07-2017, 01:33 PM
3-5-2 is the best formation IMO.
Even better that we have the players to play it

Hibee Mac
16-07-2017, 01:43 PM
If it is a 3-5-2 more often than not, what's the best centre 3? McGinn, Swanson, McGeough are all very attack minded, but that's my preference.

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

I agree, some of the passing from McGinn and McGeouch in that formation yesterday was sublime.

Those two would feature in any "best midfield" options imo

Centre Hawf
16-07-2017, 05:17 PM
I know its against Montrose but some of the football we played was sublime. Some of the best its been under Lennon. I'd love to see us continue with that formation and maybe swap Swanson for Murray.

The Leith Dutch
16-07-2017, 05:28 PM
I know its against Montrose but some of the football we played was sublime. Some of the best its been under Lennon. I'd love to see us continue with that formation and maybe swap Swanson for Murray.

Way too early for that surely?

Swanson based on what he did for St Johnstone last season would have to be a stick on for a starting berth.

Murray has looked excellent in pre-season and yesterday but I'd be surprised if Lennon isn't looking at him as coming on from the bench or injury/suspension cover. And that shouldn't be seen as a slight on Fraser Murray - if the lad is ready for that rather than being earmarked for a loan then he's at a great place for this stage in his career.

If he can actually force his way into the starting XI based on performance in those appearances then I'd argue we're looking at our best prospect since Fletcher.

1van Sprou7e
16-07-2017, 05:32 PM
Way too early for that surely?

Swanson based on what he did for St Johnstone last season would have to be a stick on for a starting berth.

Murray has looked excellent in pre-season and yesterday but I'd be surprised if Lennon isn't looking at him as coming on from the bench or injury/suspension cover. And that shouldn't be seen as a slight on Fraser Murray - if the lad is ready for that rather than being earmarked for a loan then he's at a great place for this stage in his career.

If he can actually force his way into the starting XI based on performance in those appearances then I'd argue we're looking at our best prospect since Fletcher.

That's what he's saying, Murray started against Montrose

greenlex
16-07-2017, 05:38 PM

I think going 4 at the back had as much and impact too.

J-C
16-07-2017, 05:47 PM
He jogged off so I guess not. We just need to look after him, no point in keeping him on the park in a game like tha.

And this is the reason we need a strong squad, to give guys like Dylan a rest when needed and keep players in general fresh.

The Leith Dutch
16-07-2017, 07:22 PM
That's what he's saying, Murray started against Montrose

Yes - my point being that Swanson was suspended for that game hence Murray starting.

Centre Hawf
16-07-2017, 10:50 PM
Yes - my point being that Swanson was suspended for that game hence Murray starting. I was saying have Swanson in for Murray. Not start Murray over Swanson.

southern hibby
17-07-2017, 12:17 AM
Imagine Murray and Boyle both coming on with their pace with 20 - 25 minutes left. Me thinks defenders would sh t themselves. Oh to have options.

GGTTH

The Leith Dutch
17-07-2017, 07:18 AM
I was saying have Swanson in for Murray. Not start Murray over Swanson.

Ah right. Get you now. D'oh.
Apologies - I'll try reading properly next time :)