PDA

View Full Version : After watching today

eastcoasthibby
15-07-2017, 06:16 PM
I know all the stuff about today being part of the build up to the start of the season, but I looked at our that squad today and.taking account that swanson, ambrose, whittaker, hanlon weren't stripped. I think we are probably still a real winger with pace, a central midfielder(maybe.2) and 2 forwards missing.
The young boys Porteous, Fraser Murray, Oli Shaw, Scott Martin look good enough to see a decent amount of first team football this season all told if we can get another 4 minimum 5 to be really sound and the young team and.I reckon we will have a strong well equipped squad.

greenlex
15-07-2017, 06:20 PM
I know all the stuff about today being part of the build up to the start of the season, but I looked at our that squad today and.taking account that swanson, ambrose, whittaker, hanlon weren't stripped. I think we are probably still a real winger with pace, a central midfielder(maybe.2) and 2 forwards missing.
The young boys Porteous, Fraser Murray, Oli Shaw, Scott Martin look good enough to see a decent amount of first team football this season all told if we can get another 4 minimum 5 to be really sound and the young team and.I reckon we will have a strong well equipped squad.
If the young lads are to see a decent amount of game time we are only s striker short.

Greenwich_Hibby
15-07-2017, 06:23 PM
Possibly, but the quality of the opposition needs to be taken into account.

Smartie
15-07-2017, 06:28 PM

That's my take on us so far.

I've been quite impressed. The young lads have done well and I think Simon Murray looks the part.

The Ross County game will tell us a lot more about where we are. I'd like to see how well Fraser Murray does against better opponents (although he looked fine against Sunderland).

Porteous really looks good and I hope he gets a few chances this season.

I still think we're a bit short in the final third, but we looked superb going forward for the first half hour or so today.

Plenty to be optimistic about at this stage though.

greenlex
15-07-2017, 06:31 PM
Every goal today was a well worked delight.

bingo70
15-07-2017, 06:37 PM
I still feel we're pretty short of real quality going forward, right now we've got plenty effort and work rate but we don't have genuine quality that will change games against the better teams. Stokes would go a huge way to fixing that but I think there'd still be room for one or two others.

Keith_M
15-07-2017, 06:37 PM
I can't see Hibs signing another 5 players.

Arch Stanton
15-07-2017, 06:41 PM

Also, whether you want us to be serious challengers for the top 2 spot, no?

Thinking back on how good things were under Mowbray I find it dissappointing that so many fans are determined that it should never be repeated.

HappyAsHellas
15-07-2017, 06:41 PM
I can't see Hibs signing another 5 players.

Lennon said another 2 or 3 still to come after the game.

Speedway
15-07-2017, 06:45 PM
It'll be at least 4 more yet.

neil7908
15-07-2017, 06:46 PM
We just need 3 quality signings IMO.

Two forwards are essential and we need another wide player.

I'd love Henderson back but if McGinn stays I don't think we actually need him.

Speedway
15-07-2017, 06:47 PM
We just need 3 quality signings IMO.

Two forwards are essential and we need another wide player.

I'd love Henderson back but if McGinn stays I don't think we actually need him.

The two might swap clubs yet.

Diclonius
15-07-2017, 06:48 PM
Ross County on Friday will be a good test of the squad.

wookie70
15-07-2017, 06:50 PM
I think we need another one wide, one centre mid and two centre forwards. If Lennon is thinking of using Whittaker as a defensive mid or wide midfielder then maybe only 3 needed. Even with that we would be keeping our fingers crossed the youngsters are as good as they have been in the first few games when they are playing against teams in our league and also we aren't unlucky with injuries. I do quite like the thought of the youngsters being used along with players right at the top of our signing range.

Leith Green
15-07-2017, 06:59 PM
Id like us to lose Graham and Handling. Then bring in 2 strikers , a right winger , and an attacking midfielder with an eye for goal and who can also maybe play wide.

I think if the above additions were of similar quality to our signings so far then we have a really strong side and squad

Leith Green
15-07-2017, 07:01 PM
Im also encouraged that at long last there seems to be some decent youngsters on the fringes. Hopefully they will see quite a bit of football this season too

Unseen work
15-07-2017, 07:03 PM
Right now I don't think we should be making Hendo our main target.

a winger and 2 strikers of good quality before we even think of him imo.

Sir David Gray
15-07-2017, 07:07 PM
We're three or four signings away from being serious challengers for a top 3 place.

Tha Cabbage Kid
15-07-2017, 07:15 PM
I was never a fan of Graham but I do think he could be useful when coming up against big defenders. Definitely a squad player.

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk