PDA

View Full Version : Brian Graham

lucky
15-07-2017, 05:56 PM
Why were Hibs fans booing him when he came on and again when he went to take the penalty ? I don't care if he's the worst player ever, he's not, but FFS he's a Hibs player and deserves better than that from Hibs fans.

Stevie Reid
15-07-2017, 05:58 PM
Shocking stuff. A few boos behind us in the East when he came on and went to take the pen.

Also heard a guy a couple of rows back say (after he barely connected with a poor cross that was too high) something akin to he'd never hated a Hibs player as much as he hated Graham.

Some folk are just total ****ing ********s.

Billy Whizz
15-07-2017, 05:59 PM
Why were Hibs fans booing him when he came on and again when he went to take the penalty ? I don't care if he's the worst player ever, he's not, but FFS he's a Hibs player and deserves better than that from Hibs fans.

Heard that too, pretty disappointing
Thought he did well when he came on though

Aldo
15-07-2017, 06:00 PM
Some Folk really need to take a long hard look at themselves!

alihibs1
15-07-2017, 06:00 PM
Some one said that he swore at a fan today.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

AlbertK86
15-07-2017, 06:02 PM
Some one said that he swore at a fan today. Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Was it not that he had a verbal spat with a fan at Berwick..... after fun told him he was s***t

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

eastcoasthibby
15-07-2017, 06:02 PM
Heard that too, pretty disappointing
Thought he did well when he came on though

Agree with this and.also that he has done ok majority of his appearances for us ...I think he is staying.with us for the season with Lennon looking.to get.him off the.goal scoring mark quickly by giving him PK's ...

Seveno
15-07-2017, 06:06 PM
I think that it is expecting too much to have 5,000 in a confined space and expect all of them too have a basic understanding of football. Hence the boo boys.

Sir David Gray
15-07-2017, 06:08 PM
Disgraceful. The guy's clearly not the best player to ever play for the club but some people ought to look up the definition of the word "fan".

SirDavidsNapper
15-07-2017, 06:08 PM
Absolute joke. Some so called fans boil my blood.

Smartie
15-07-2017, 06:09 PM
I didn't hear it when he went on, but I heard it when he went to take the ball for the penalty.

He was perfectly entitled to be swearing at fans.

He played well today and did a good job with his penalty.

We've had miles worse than Brian Graham over the years, a good player who has never done anything other than give 100% for us whenever he's been called upon.

lord bunberry
15-07-2017, 06:10 PM
I hate that sort of thing. Showing your anger at the team as a whole is one thing, but singling out player before they've even kicked a ball is shameful. It's happened a few times recently, but doing it in our first competitive game when we're winning is a new low.

Michael
15-07-2017, 06:11 PM
Seems weird. For a backup 3rd/4th choice striker he's one of the best we've had. Does well enough when required.

thebausburst
15-07-2017, 06:11 PM
I didn't boo him, but my god he's brutal.

lord bunberry
15-07-2017, 06:14 PM
That's fair enough, I don't rate him either, but to single him out is unfair.

Arch Stanton
15-07-2017, 06:14 PM
I think that it is expecting too much to have 5,000 in a confined space and expect all of them too have a basic understanding of football. Hence the boo boys.

Not having a basic understanding of football? That's just a polite way of calling someone a moron isn't it?

I must admit I (jokingly) was saying it was a mistake for him to take the penalty - can you imagine it if he missed? Fair play to him that he took it - talk about a pressure penalty!

greenlex
15-07-2017, 06:15 PM
Thought he showed balls grabbing that ball today. If he'd missed it his Hibs days would have been numbered barring serious injuries to other players. He's a decent squad player and is possibly out his depth top six in the Premiership but if he stays and tries and works hard then that'll do me.

greenlex
15-07-2017, 06:16 PM
Not having a basic understanding of football? That's just a polite way of calling someone a moron isn't it?

I must admit I (jokingly) was saying it was a mistake for him to take the penalty - can you imagine it if he missed? Fair play to him that he took it - talk about a pressure penalty!

It was never gonna be a high shot that's for sure. I'd love to know what SDG said to him as they trotted back for he restart.😂😂😂

Billychaotic182
15-07-2017, 06:16 PM
He wasn't booed at all when he came on. Wish people would stop lying.

That fans were booing the ref and the Montrose player after the handbags the took place after scott Martin went in with a hard but fair challenge, seconds after this happened Graham came on but the two players were having a wee tussle.

No one booed Graham as he came on, however there was some who booed when he went to get the ball for the penalty. That is ashamed but i took it as more of a laugh as the same people were clapping him on as he was about to take the pen

BegbieHSC
15-07-2017, 06:19 PM
Regardless of fan perception of how good a player is, we should never act the way some did towards someone wearing our jersey.

Really disappointing from a small minority today.

Smartie
15-07-2017, 06:19 PM

So what aspects of his game do you think make him brutal?

What more would you have wanted him to do today?

What do you think we should be looking for in a backup striker that Graham doesn't provide?

I was delighted he scored his penalty today. Under the circumstances it ended up being a pressure penalty and he took it well.

My mate said to me today that if Graham had come away with the "attempts at goal" that Oli Shaw did then he'd probably have been lynched.

Jim44
15-07-2017, 06:39 PM
I can't understand the stick that some Hibs players get from so-called supporters. Anyway, I was surprised to hear that Graham took the penalty, as the game was won and it might have given Murray the opportunity to get his hat-trick. Good on Graham for having the courage to take it under he circumstances.

Diclonius
15-07-2017, 06:41 PM
Some bitter, stupid people need someone to hate. For the moment it's Brian Graham.

I'm actually quite relieved that the fans have already taken really well to Simon Murray.

greenlex
15-07-2017, 06:41 PM
I can't understand the stick that some Hibs players get from so-called supporters. Anyway, I was surprised to hear that Graham took the penalty, as the game was won and it might have given Murray the opportunity to get his hat-trick. Good on Graham for having the courage to take it under he circumstances.

Murray had been substituted.

LaMotta
15-07-2017, 06:48 PM

That fans were booing the ref and the Montrose player after the handbags the took place after scott Martin went in with a hard but fair challenge, seconds after this happened Graham came on but the two players were having a wee tussle.

No one booed Graham as he came on, however there was some who booed when he went to get the ball for the penalty. That is ashamed but i took it as more of a laugh as the same people were clapping him on as he was about to take the pen

Thats the way I seen it too :agree:

Viva_Palmeiras
15-07-2017, 06:50 PM
The boo boys out there past and present should watch Joe Tortolanos St Pats video. Literally a crying shame how he was treated. No excuse. Iirc But he also said he felt 10 feet tall when folks sang his name.

So next time when you think more stick than carrot think twice about what helps a player perform.

Libby Hibby
15-07-2017, 07:59 PM
We need to give the guy a break, he's certainly not the worst player we have ever had but there always seems to be a desire amongst certain elements of our support to have a boo boy / joke figure to target in our squad.

I'm not BG's biggest fan but he is a very usual member of the squad who could chip in with a valuable goals and assists throughout the season.

If Lennon thinks he is good enough, I'll trust that judgement.

3pm
15-07-2017, 08:09 PM
Booing is poor.

However, if we are being honest, he should never have been signed. He's not good enough but it's not his fault,

bingo70
15-07-2017, 08:14 PM
I never heard any booing of him in the famous five lower and while there's probably a few idiots in the crowd I think the problem has been greatly exaggerated on this thread.

Brightside
15-07-2017, 08:16 PM
I never heard any booing of him in the famous five lower and while there's probably a few idiots in the crowd I think the problem has been greatly exaggerated on this thread.

I was miles away from it in the West....but it was very clearly booing coming from the East close to the FF. It was then drowned out by claps from the FF and the West.

Fuzzywuzzy
15-07-2017, 08:18 PM
There's a thing. When did people stop hissing after they booed?

Fwiw, no player should be booed by their support. Ziggy, got a few ffs but never a boo

IGRIGI
15-07-2017, 08:26 PM
There's absolutely no reason to be booing Graham, hope a few more goals come so he can give a right good GIRFUY to the clowns.

3pm
15-07-2017, 08:30 PM

You must have had ear plugs in mate!

High-On-Hibs
15-07-2017, 08:30 PM
People have very short memories if they think he is anywhere close to being one of Hibs worst players. For what he lacks in natural skill, he more than makes up for in sheer determination and guts. Defenders always look worried when he's on the park. His big physical presence distrupts defences and helps open things up for other players. He may not be a stand out, but he's a huge team player and should get 100% backing from the fans.

Dare I say it, he's a bit of a Nade. More clever than he first appears. :tin hat:

MWHIBBIES
15-07-2017, 08:32 PM
Booing is poor.

However, if we are being honest, he should never have been signed. He's not good enough but it's not his fault,If is you being honest mate, not we.

If the manager wanted him signed, he should've been signed.

Waxy
15-07-2017, 08:36 PM

Is he as brutal as you?

Sir David Gray
15-07-2017, 08:36 PM

There was definitely some audible booing when he was standing on the touchline waiting to come on and then some more booing a few moments later when his name was shouted out over the tannoy.

Shrekko
15-07-2017, 08:39 PM
Having seen a bit of him before Hibs I'd say that he hasn't showed his best form so far but it's pretty stunning that he's getting abuse like that. If anything he's tried too hard at times.

It has to be said that the overwhelming majority of the crowd picked up on the idiots booing and gave him great support before his pen.

A guy in the West upper was shouting abuse at him when he went to warm up.... hadn't kicked a ball in the first match of the season and he's giving him stick. It's beyond words.

thebausburst
15-07-2017, 08:42 PM
Is he as brutal as you?

His plays as bad as your patter:giruy2:

GreenCastle
15-07-2017, 08:45 PM
It's poor patter right now.

For the last 2 seasons the fans have been behind every player and we have seen success.

Last season Fyvie seemed to get a bit of stick for some reason but it seems like fans think now it's cool to have a go at Graham.

He's a decent guy - doing his best and is giving us something we currently don't have. He showed guts today taking that penalty after his miss the other day.

He's not Holt, Cummings etc but I've seen much worse and I'm glad fans started clapping him today.

What would be good to know is if Lennon is actively trying to sell / get rid to bring someone else in. But we need 2 minimum strikers and 3 if he leaves.

Baw187
15-07-2017, 08:47 PM
I thought he played quite well when he came on today. There is no way that anyone should be booing any Hibs player, full stop.

I've tore in to some players in the past following individual moments of sheer stupidity but then you move on. Booing is a whole different level.

3pm
15-07-2017, 08:59 PM
If is you being honest mate, not we.

If the manager wanted him signed, he should've been signed.

Disagree mate. I don't think he should have been signed.

dmc1875
15-07-2017, 09:55 PM
He was signed because he was a proven goal scorer at the level we were playing at, and was seen as good back up for holt, which he was.

The booing before the penalty was laughable and pathetic and people who feel that that is acceptable behaviour should not be back at ER

erin go bragh
15-07-2017, 10:02 PM
Agree with this and.also that he has done ok majority of his appearances for us ...I think he is staying.with us for the season with Lennon looking.to get.him off the.goal scoring mark quickly by giving him PK's ...
Sure it's been said Lennon has told him he can find another club .

HibeeDaz6270
15-07-2017, 10:11 PM
So what aspects of his game do you think make him brutal?

What more would you have wanted him to do today?

What do you think we should be looking for in a backup striker that Graham doesn't provide?

I was delighted he scored his penalty today. Under the circumstances it ended up being a pressure penalty and he took it well.

My mate said to me today that if Graham had come away with the "attempts at goal" that Oli Shaw did then he'd probably have been lynched.

I think Grant Holt would have been the ideal player for a back up player assuming we bring in 2 first choice Strikers. I do not rate Graham at all. Holt has the experience and is a good player who can bring others in to play & at his age perhaps would have accepted a bit part role. I assume the only reason Graham is still at the club is due to being under contract.

thebakerboy
15-07-2017, 10:11 PM
Got to say I do not get all the bad press Graham gets on here , thought he did very well today when he came on and last season he contributed more in his few chances than the glorified Grant Holt did in all his appearances.:tin hat:

Carheenlea
15-07-2017, 10:16 PM
It's poor patter right now.

For the last 2 seasons the fans have been behind every player and we have seen success.

Last season Fyvie seemed to get a bit of stick for some reason but it seems like fans think now it's cool to have a go at Graham.

He's a decent guy - doing his best and is giving us something we currently don't have. He showed guts today taking that penalty after his miss the other day.

He's not Holt, Cummings etc but I've seen much worse and I'm glad fans started clapping him today.

What would be good to know is if Lennon is actively trying to sell / get rid to bring someone else in. But we need 2 minimum strikers and 3 if he leaves.

It's not really true to say that for the last two seasons Hibs fans have been behind every player. Fyvie, Stevenson, Holt, Graham, Keatings, Gray and even Cummings have all had their share of grief either at games or on social media.!

stoneyburn hibs
15-07-2017, 10:20 PM
Fyvie, there's a roaster behind me in the West lower who will be delighted he's away. Fans eh.

GreenCastle
15-07-2017, 10:23 PM
It's not really true to say that for the last two seasons Hibs fans have been behind every player. Fyvie, Stevenson, Holt, Graham, Keatings, Gray and even Cummings have all had their share of grief either at games or on social media.!

You get the odd roaster on here or at games who may shout something but the majority very supportive of the above.

Graham seems to be getting it tight more than any of these guys did and he's hardly played!

Dunfermline and Berwick friendlies and today I heard several people have a go - at least give him a chance this season...if he stays about!

GreenArmy1875
15-07-2017, 10:31 PM
Can you imagine every time you go to touch the ball you can hear your own fans doubting you or abusing you! No wonder the guy doesn't perform to his best. Brian Graham is a decent centre forward in Scottish a Football. Defo not the best but maybe not up to our standard but the abuse he gets is ridiculous

Diclonius
15-07-2017, 10:46 PM
There was definitely some audible booing when he was standing on the touchline waiting to come on and then some more booing a few moments later when his name was shouted out over the tannoy.

I'm sure that was because of an unrelated incident on the park which happened at the same time.

Johnny Clash
15-07-2017, 11:04 PM
I was sat at the back of the FF upper today and couldn't hear any booing. When Brian Graham showed guts by grabbing the ball for the penalty there was a bit of murmuring but then loud spontanious applause broke out just as he was getting himself ready to take the penalty, I have no doubt that aplause was aimed at Brian. He would have heard it and I'm pretty sure his confidence would have had a boost.

As others have said - giving our own players verbals is totally counter productive and a bit pathetic.

NORTHERNHIBBY
15-07-2017, 11:12 PM
I was miles away from it in the West....but it was very clearly booing coming from the East close to the FF. It was then drowned out by claps from the FF and the West.

You sure. My seat is in the section nearest the FF and I didn't hear it.

Billychaotic182
15-07-2017, 11:15 PM
I was sat at the back of the FF upper today and couldn't hear any booing. When Brian Graham showed guts by grabbing the ball for the penalty there was a bit of murmuring but then loud spontanious applause broke out just as he was getting himself ready to take the penalty, I have no doubt that aplause was aimed at Brian. He would have heard it and I'm pretty sure his confidence would have had a boost.

As others have said - giving our own players verbals is totally counter productive and a bit pathetic.

That's exactly how I saw it also, and as I said earlier but people have decided to ignore, the booing as he entered the field was not aimed at him but the Montrose player that was having a pop at Scott Martin. Seems like others have also said this and been ignored.

It is annoying that we always have to have a scapegoat or a boo boy but Graham wasn't booed onto the pitch and most of the stadium gave him a great round of applause as encouragement before he took the penalty

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
16-07-2017, 07:09 AM
That's exactly how I saw it also, and as I said earlier but people have decided to ignore, the booing as he entered the field was not aimed at him but the Montrose player that was having a pop at Scott Martin. Seems like others have also said this and been ignored.

It is annoying that we always have to have a scapegoat or a boo boy but Graham wasn't booed onto the pitch and most of the stadium gave him a great round of applause as encouragement before he took the penalty

From right in the middle of the east, i nevet heard any booing.

bingo70
16-07-2017, 07:10 AM
You sure. My seat is in the section nearest the FF and I didn't hear it.

Good to know it wasn't just me then!

lucky
16-07-2017, 07:23 AM

I don't think anyone is lying on this thread. I like many others clearly heard booing when he came on and when he took the penalty. Your putting your interpretation of what happened but 99% of those who've commented differ from your opinion. Try showing others a bit of respect

Billychaotic182
16-07-2017, 09:17 AM
I don't think anyone is lying on this thread. I like many others clearly heard booing when he came on and when he took the penalty. Your putting your interpretation of what happened but 99% of those who've commented differ from your opinion. Try showing others a bit of respect

Show others a bit of respect? How about we respect the 5k that went yerstetday rather than once again turning on each other.

As I've said a few times now. The boos were for the interaction between the Montrose player and Scott Martin, and now that I properly think about it. The boos took place for this as Fontaine left the pitch not as Graham entered it. All this negativity for Graham seems to have came from a fan giving him a hard time and him speaking out about it (and good on graham for doing so)

Was there booing when he took the ball for the pen? I wouldn't say what I heard was booing, more of a "aw naw don't let him take it" but that was because of his last penalty Miss. but as he stepped up to take it every single person gave him a round of applause to encourage him.

Personally I do not enjoy reading fans turn on each other on here, it's been happening a lot recently. As some have said it's like the feelgood factor is disappearing. We all want what's best for hibs and I personally would never boo my own player just because I don't rate him and I think most people would agree with this.

G B Young
16-07-2017, 09:31 AM
Couple of questions:

1. What is Brian Graham's contract situation? Was it just a year he signed for, and if so should we assume he will simply be freed when that expires?

2. Is he as bad a player as is being made out? He didn't get a whole lot of game time last season yet Lennon obviously saw enough in him to sign him (albeit more as a back-up striker to help us get promoted). Looking at his career stats, his scoring record is far from terrible (and when we signed him he'd just scored six goals in four League Cup games for County. I'm just wondering if while we remain in the hunt for a more experienced striker to work alongside Simon Murray we should write Graham off quite so readily.

RamYer1902
16-07-2017, 09:44 AM
I didn't boo Graham in any way but there are actually punters sticking up for him on here. He's one of the worst Hibs players to pull on the jersey, absolutely embarrassing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

basehibby
16-07-2017, 09:55 AM
I'd like to see these idiots thrown out and their STs
(If they have them) confiscated.

tamig
16-07-2017, 09:56 AM
Couple of questions:

1. What is Brian Graham's contract situation? Was it just a year he signed for, and if so should we assume he will simply be freed when that expires?

2. Is he as bad a player as is being made out? He didn't get a whole lot of game time last season yet Lennon obviously saw enough in him to sign him (albeit more as a back-up striker to help us get promoted). Looking at his career stats, his scoring record is far from terrible (and when we signed him he'd just scored six goals in four League Cup games for County. I'm just wondering if while we remain in the hunt for a more experienced striker to work alongside Simon Murray we should write Graham off quite so readily.
Graham has a year left. He did fine when he came on yesterday.

hibee62
16-07-2017, 10:47 AM
Show others a bit of respect? How about we respect the 5k that went yerstetday rather than once again turning on each other.

As I've said a few times now. The boos were for the interaction between the Montrose player and Scott Martin, and now that I properly think about it. The boos took place for this as Fontaine left the pitch not as Graham entered it. All this negativity for Graham seems to have came from a fan giving him a hard time and him speaking out about it (and good on graham for doing so)

Was there booing when he took the ball for the pen? I wouldn't say what I heard was booing, more of a "aw naw don't let him take it" but that was because of his last penalty Miss. but as he stepped up to take it every single person gave him a round of applause to encourage him.

Personally I do not enjoy reading fans turn on each other on here, it's been happening a lot recently. As some have said it's like the feelgood factor is disappearing. We all want what's best for hibs and I personally would never boo my own player just because I don't rate him and I think most people would agree with this.

I was in the middle of the east stand and when he took the ball there was a lot of booing from the upper half of the section to my right with a few FFSs thrown in. As he lined up to take it, this was drowned out by the rest of the stand shouting encouragement. May not have been heard by the rest of the stadium but it was quite clear in there.

cocteautwin
16-07-2017, 02:29 PM
I didn't boo Graham in any way but there are actually punters sticking up for him on here. He's one of the worst Hibs players to pull on the jersey, absolutely embarrassing.

Really? You must have started watching Hibs recently.

Sir David Gray
16-07-2017, 02:32 PM
Couple of questions:

He signed a two year deal last year.

BSEJVT
16-07-2017, 03:04 PM

A bit like the highlighted bit of your post

Either that or you must have supported Hibs for about 18 months

Graham wouldn't feature in Hibs top 500 worst players in my nearly 50 years watching the team

The guy gives it all he has got every time he plays, no he is not Ronaldo but then again neither is anyone else in the team.

Quite why we want to destroy our own players on an internet forum week after week escapes me.

I often think folk do it in an attempt to be relevant, party to the discussion but without the intelligence or insight to say something original or constructive.

MWHIBBIES
16-07-2017, 03:08 PM

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkHe isn't even in the top 50. Your post is the only embarrassing thing mate.

Alfiembra
16-07-2017, 03:17 PM
Quite why we want to destroy our own players on an internet forum week after week escapes me.

I often think folk do it in an attempt to be relevant, party to the discussion but without the intelligence or insight to say something original or constructive.

Well said :top marks cannot fault the player for effort.

Leith Green
16-07-2017, 03:22 PM
Brian Graham isnt anywhere near as bad as some are making out here. I think he is being made the scapegoat for us losing Cummings and having not signed a striker .. been some total bell ends posting on here recently btw

makaveli1875
16-07-2017, 03:25 PM
Apparently been told he can find another club

Bostonhibby
16-07-2017, 03:28 PM

Graham wouldn't feature in Hibs top 500 worst players in my nearly 50 years watching the team

The guy gives it all he has got every time he plays, no he is not Ronaldo but then again neither is anyone else in the team.

I often think folk do it in an attempt to be relevant, party to the discussion but without the intelligence or insight to say something original or constructive.[emoji106]

Nail, hammer, heid.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Fuzzywuzzy
16-07-2017, 03:36 PM
All you need to do is look as far as Stevenson's match programme to pick out players that are way worse than Graham!!

BT58
16-07-2017, 04:04 PM
Graham had a go at Oli Shaw for having the temerity of trying a shot at goal, however in his defence he was in the perfect position in the middle for a pass. As others have said he had the baws to take the pen after his miss V Berwick.

KWJ
16-07-2017, 06:36 PM
He's a decent back up and an alternative option to what we have now that Holt's gone.

But for some reason i can't take to him at all.

Dunbar Hibee
16-07-2017, 10:46 PM

So people were booing and clapping at the same time? Strange😂

Billychaotic182
16-07-2017, 11:55 PM
So people were booing and clapping at the same time? Strange😂

No there was time between him going to pick up the ball, then picking up the ball, then putting it down and then taking the penalty

CRAZYHIBBY
17-07-2017, 12:18 AM
He scored a penalty after missing one previously and having the balls to try again

CMurdoch
17-07-2017, 12:27 AM
He's no Ronaldo

but then again we're no Real Madrid

He is an honest professional who always gives of his best.

Any Hibs fan who takes a keen interest in the Scottish game will have known Graham's limitations as a player before he signed.
More importantly Lennon will also have known his limitations and all things considered gave him a 2 year deal.
Since joining Hibs, Graham has always been fit and has played as he always has done. He has not let himself or Lennon down.

It's not his fault that he is not a better player. He will do his best for us when called upon this season and will then move to a bottom 6 team for following season.

basehibby
17-07-2017, 12:46 AM
He's no Ronaldo

but then again we're no Real Madrid

He is an honest professional who always gives of his best.

Any Hibs fan who takes a keen interest in the Scottish game will have known Graham's limitations as a player before he signed.
More importantly Lennon will also have known his limitations and all things considered gave him a 2 year deal.
Since joining Hibs, Graham has always been fit and has played as he always has done. He has not let himself or Lennon down.

It's not his fault that he is not a better player. He will do his best for us when called upon this season and will then move to a bottom 6 team for following season.

Broadly agree - he is a decent player who, it should be noted, maintained a more than decent scoring rate of roughly one goal every 180 minutes as a Championship player with Hibs. He is certainly a very different kind of player to the likes of Cummings - hasn't shown the same level of technical ability but on the other hand will unfailingly work his socks off whenever given the chance. At Championship level that resulted in a decent goal return for his time on the pitch. Can he up his game enough to do the same at SPL level? Well he certainly deserves to be given the chance without ********s putting him off his game by booing.

Albanian Hibs
17-07-2017, 01:24 AM

No, he really isnt. I can think of tens, even hundreds of players that are worse than Brian Graham. Your post is embarrassing mate.

andybev1
17-07-2017, 05:08 AM
I thought hibs played better up front against sunderland after graham came on and iirc that is when they got their two goals

Johnny Clash
17-07-2017, 06:49 AM
I thought hibs played better up front against sunderland after graham came on and iirc that is when they got their two goals

There's a decent player in there somewhere but he's struggled to find form. NL obviously saw potential so a bit of encoragement wouldn't do any harm. He puts a shift in and clearly gets frustrated when chances are missed so he's not taking the p***.

MB62
17-07-2017, 08:01 AM

That is just one load of crap, and you probably know it yourself. The big man gives us an option in the air that we currently don't have from anyone else, and he gets his name on the score sheet too. As someone else mentioned, we started playing a bit better when he came on against Sunderland and won a few flicks on in the air that Murray was starting to look for, until he got subbed. I thought those two together might be able to form a decent partnership.
One of the worst players? nah, one of the worst comments!

Oh, and BTW, Hibernian Football Club WON THE SCOTTISH CUP IN 1902, why would you want to 'ram it' ?

As others have said he had the baws to take the pen after his miss V Berwick.

Well said :aok:

Can you imagine if every player that ever missed a penalty, didn't take another one?

Cummings v Dundee United, Hampden :wink: :thumbsup:

Forza Fred
17-07-2017, 08:05 AM
Booing is poor.

However, if we are being honest, he should never have been signed. He's not good enough but it's not his fault,

This.

I thought it was a strange signing at the time, but if the manager picks him, and he tries his best, then he is blameless.

Aldo
17-07-2017, 08:10 AM
I didn't boo Graham in any way but there are actually punters sticking up for him on here. He's one of the worst Hibs players to pull on the jersey, absolutely embarrassing. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Actual fans supporting him as he's currently a Hibs player!

I can't gauge whether you are being serious or fishing??

If you are serious then you have not watched Hibs for very long (max 2 seasons I would suggest, if at all) as there have been far worst players than Graham over the years!

Ringothedog
17-07-2017, 08:19 AM
No, he really isnt. I can think of tens, even hundreds of players that are worse than Brian Graham. Your post is embarrassing mate.

That honour goes to Stuart Turnbull

staunchhibby
17-07-2017, 08:19 AM
Would doubt if it was 2 seasons.

NORTHERNHIBBY
17-07-2017, 08:31 AM
Graham seems to be the one now singled out for the brunt of all the fans frustrations. He either toughs it out or moves on. I would not blame him at all if he moved. Would hope that he can turn the negatives into a positive to spur him on. Wonder which player or players are hoping that he stays do that they don't become the next whipping boy?

bigwheel
17-07-2017, 08:50 AM
Brian Graham doesn't get enough game time to show what he is made of...and I guess he is unlikely too..it's hard to make an impact in that role with very few starts and 15 mins every now and then ...so we will never likely see the best of him...good squad player and better with ball at his feet than many give him credit for

IAmLee
17-07-2017, 09:48 AM

I think a major problem with Brian, which isn't his fault, is that when he's playing the other players automatically shelling balls towards him but I thought he looked a lot better when he got the ball to his feet on Saturday!! Then again sometimes when he does he looks like he's never seen a football before! He's certainly not the worst player to play for us and I wouldn't mind him being kept on as a back up should we sign 2 new strikers and let Oli go out on loan for game time.

Dashing Bob S
17-07-2017, 09:51 AM
I love those 'pay their money, entitled to criticise' v 'undermine the confidence of our players, embarrass us a support' threads.

--------
17-07-2017, 10:16 AM

If that's your real opinion, and you're not just stirring it up, you're clearly either about two years old or you know nothing about Hibs.

You are IMO one of the worst Hibs supporters ever to attend Easter Road. :greengrin

Totally agree. Since I started watching Hibs (longer ago than I care to think of, these days) certain 'supporters' have picked out and gone after their scapegoats. They are ruthless, foul-mouthed, persistent and irrational. I remember players like Joe Davis, Peter Cormack and Arthur Duncan getting it tight in the '60's - I have a slight suspicion that if those two were playing age now and signed for Hibs, NL would have them in the team every match day, regardless of the boo-boys' opinions.

But then, there are many who really don't appreciate what Lewis S has given to the team over his years at ER, so why should they treat Brian Graham any differently?

degenerated
17-07-2017, 10:41 AM
Couldn't agree more, I can't think of anyone as close to being as bad as he was.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

jacomo
17-07-2017, 11:00 AM
Are people booing as a kind of cack-handed effort to encourage Hibs to sign another striker (or 2)?

I think we definitely need strengthening up front. BG couldn't cement a place last term and wouldn't be my first choice this season.

But booing our own players is just daft and counter-productive.

--------
17-07-2017, 11:03 AM
Couldn't agree more, I can't think of anyone as close to being as bad as he was.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Ally Scott. Signed by ET along with Graeme Fyfe (he was utter rubbish as well) from the Huns. And then there's the LIST of tumshies signed by the great Duff Jimmy ... And the other list of Collins's wonderful acquisitions. Joneleit, anyone? Gatheussi?

Simon Brown in goal?

And Jim "What the **** is that?" Blair from St Mirren - backside like a hippo's, ran like a pregnant duck, yet incredibly scored a double against the Huns before a well-deserved departure into the outer darkness.

And Mark Caughey, to secure whose signature Kenny Waugh (?) flew to the USA.

See, it's easy. Brian Graham's worlds better than that lot all put together.

... and now I'm visualising a Hibs team with all of them playing. I'll not sleep for a week.

bigwheel
17-07-2017, 11:14 AM

I'll see your Stuart Turnbull and raise you Mark Caughey :wink:

greenlex
17-07-2017, 02:11 PM
Ally Scott. Signed by ET along with Graeme Fyfe (he was utter rubbish as well) from the Huns. And then there's the LIST of tumshies signed by the great Duff Jimmy ... And the other list of Collins's wonderful acquisitions. Joneleit, anyone? Gatheussi?

Simon Brown in goal?

And Jim "What the **** is that?" Blair from St Mirren - backside like a hippo's, ran like a pregnant duck, yet incredibly scored a double against the Huns before a well-deserved departure into the outer darkness.

... and now I'm visualising a Hibs team with all of them playing. I'll not sleep for a week.
What aboot Joe Harper?

Eyrie
17-07-2017, 04:04 PM
What aboot Joe Harper?

Doddie will need to have a lie down in a darkened room after being reminded of his favourite player.

SChibs
17-07-2017, 04:08 PM
I don't rate graham at all but I'll get behind him when he plays

charlie
17-07-2017, 05:14 PM
http://www.footymad.com/hibernian/news/tmnw/brian_graham_told_he_can_leave_hibs_909590/index.shtml

jacomo
17-07-2017, 09:28 PM
http://www.footymad.com/hibernian/news/tmnw/brian_graham_told_he_can_leave_hibs_909590/index.shtml

I was concerned that we might lose all 4 first team squad strikers from last season. Looks like it might happen.

It seems increasingly reckless not to sign on Holt for another year, if only for continuity's sake. This is a big risk going into the new season.

Cod Boy
17-07-2017, 09:34 PM
Was always going to be a bit part player I was surprised he got a 2 year deal.

SlickShoes
17-07-2017, 09:34 PM
I was concerned that we might lose all 4 first team squad strikers from last season. Looks like it might happen.

It seems increasingly reckless not to sign on Holt for another year, if only for continuity's sake. This is a big risk going into the new season.

He was offered a deal and he didn't take it

Jonnyboy
17-07-2017, 09:36 PM

And I'll see your Mark Caughey and raise you Joe Ward :greengrin

Scouse Hibee
17-07-2017, 10:07 PM
Next time you see someone booing, jump up, point at them and boo loudly they hate it :-)

Diclonius
17-07-2017, 10:36 PM
Totally agree. Since I started watching Hibs (longer ago than I care to think of, these days) certain 'supporters' have picked out and gone after their scapegoats. They are ruthless, foul-mouthed, persistent and irrational. I remember players like Joe Davis, Peter Cormack and Arthur Duncan getting it tight in the '60's - I have a slight suspicion that if those two were playing age now and signed for Hibs, NL would have them in the team every match day, regardless of the boo-boys' opinions.

But then, there are many who really don't appreciate what Lewis S has given to the team over his years at ER, so why should they treat Brian Graham any differently?

The best ones are when you see middle-aged men who should know better going "Ah ****in' hate [Player X]. I literally hate him."

What actually possesses someone to have that level of negative emotion toward a ****ing football player, let alone one who plays for your own team? And what makes them think it's a great idea to actually say it aloud?

Is It On....
17-07-2017, 10:38 PM

Just looked up Stuart Turnbull as I didn't know who he was...and I still don't.. but it turns out he "shared" a Panini card with Benny Brazil..who I can only remember being more mocked than booed.

BH Hibs
17-07-2017, 11:02 PM
Just saw Doddie's post and remembered Duffy signings. Lee Power and Paul Tosh as if one wasn't bad enough.

jacomo
17-07-2017, 11:40 PM
He was offered a deal and he didn't take it

Simply stating this without knowing the numbers involved is meaningless.

greenlex
18-07-2017, 01:36 AM

About as meaningless assaying we should have kept him because Brian Graham has been told he's surplus to requirements. .If Brian Graham has been told he can find another club with a year in his contract left then someone else will be on their way in. We won't just let him go without knowing there's a replacement. I'm not convinced he has.

Forza Fred
18-07-2017, 02:11 AM
[QUOTE=Doddie;5104523]Ally Scott. Signed by ET along with Graeme Fyfe (he was utter rubbish as well) from the Huns. And then there's the LIST of tumshies signed by the great Duff Jimmy ... And the other list of Collins's wonderful acquisitions. Joneleit, anyone? Gatheussi?

Simon Brown in goal?

Can't remember The Blair scoring a double against the Huns, but DO remember him scoring twice to defeat Celtic at Easter Road?

Forza Fred
18-07-2017, 02:25 AM
[QUOTE=Doddie;5104523]Ally Scott. Signed by ET along with Graeme Fyfe (he was utter rubbish as well) from the Huns. And then there's the LIST of tumshies signed by the great Duff Jimmy ... And the other list of Collins's wonderful acquisitions. Joneleit, anyone? Gatheussi?

Simon Brown in goal?

Can't remember The Blair scoring a double against the Huns, but DO remember him scoring twice to defeat Celtic at Easter Road?

Sorry Doddie, I was confusing my Jim Blairs with my Joe McBrides.

Checked the stats and they both played in the Celtic game which I think fell on a long weekend in September.

Dunno how I could confuse McBride and Blair though..especially the second goal which was a volley from about 18 yards.

Ray_
18-07-2017, 05:27 AM

Wow, that's extreme, even for Hibs fans, Arthur Duncan wasn't even playing for Hibs in the 60's [just] :greengrin

Seriously, back then it was as bad as today sadly, players like Mervyn Jones & John Hazel would get the brunt of it. I could never understand why [a tiny few] had something against Peter Cormack, I always thought of him as a terrific player. He always had time for us young scallies as well, would often see him walking along the prom at Porty with his great mate Peter Marinello and they always had time for a chat with us young un's proudly wearing our Hibs strip.

JimBHibees
18-07-2017, 06:05 AM

Only a risk if we don't replace him which I am sure we will.

Scouse Hibee
18-07-2017, 06:44 AM

Nonsense. Doesn't matter about the numbers, he turned down the deal we put on the table in order to go back home to his family, not meaningless at all. The amount of folk that pretend to know what salaries and deals are offered is laughable anyway. He was offered what Hibs thought he was worth, that's relevant not meaningless.

Ronniekirk
18-07-2017, 06:45 AM
He is a proven scorer and imagine he would prefer to be playing more football so a move away should suit both parties
Frees up another wage to pay for Stokes Salary

bingo70
18-07-2017, 07:06 AM
He is a proven scorer and imagine he would prefer to be playing more football so a move away should suit both parties
Frees up another wage to pay for Stokes Salary

Would suggest it's probably more likely Church has done enough to win a deal. Stokes isn't going to replace Brian Graham.