PDA

View Full Version : U20's tomorrow

3pm
15-07-2017, 05:49 PM
Says they are playing Civil Service Strollers.

Where's the game?

Billy Whizz
15-07-2017, 05:53 PM

Where's the game?

Civil service ground down at the shore. 2pm ko I believe

greenlex
15-07-2017, 06:45 PM
Ex Hibs youngster in the CSS squad/team.

Billy Whizz
15-07-2017, 06:54 PM
Ex Hibs youngster in the CSS squad/team.

Who's that

green with envy
15-07-2017, 07:05 PM

Where's the game?

Coming from Leith, take a right at Pennywell roundabout - third exit. It's then only a 5 min walk or a minute or so drive keeping to the left hand side.

This brings back memories as a young teenager, as i used to go and watch the 'tornadoes' train there when ET was the manager.

greenlex
15-07-2017, 07:09 PM
Who's that

Jack Verth has signed for them this season

greenlex
16-07-2017, 04:22 PM
Anyone know how this panned out?

lord bunberry
16-07-2017, 04:42 PM
Anyone know how this panned out?

Finished 1-1

Nevi_SOL
Young polish keeper looked a good prospect

lord bunberry
Shaw scored for hibs.

greenlex
16-07-2017, 04:45 PM
Cheers chaps.

Billy Whizz
16-07-2017, 04:47 PM
No coverage on Hibs twitter, poor show
Anyone know our team line up?

Iggy Pope
16-07-2017, 05:52 PM
No coverage on Hibs twitter, poor show
Anyone know our team line up?

Couldn't put names to many as there were no Team Sheets.

Fellah at RB that appeared as a trialist at Berwick got the 90. (Black? Blackie?)
Sean Mackie
Ben Stirling
Scott Martin
Danny handling
Oli Shaw (Took a wee knock on HT and rested for 2nd half)

Shaw was replaced by (I think) another trialist at No 14. In the mould of Lewis Allan but I don't think it was him.

bingo70
16-07-2017, 05:55 PM

Fellah at RB that appeared as a trialist at Berwick got the 90. (Black? Blackie?)
Sean Mackie
Ben Stirling
Scott Martin
Danny handling

Shaw was replaced by (I think) another trialist at No 14. In the mould of Lewis Allan but I don't think it was him.

Simon Church maybe?

Billy Whizz
16-07-2017, 05:56 PM

Sean Mackie
Ben Stirling
Scott Martin
Danny handling

Thanks IP

loveofthegame
16-07-2017, 06:04 PM
Dabrowski

Right back the young trialist
Ben Stirling
Waugh (I think)
Mackie

S Martin
Handling
Campbell
Watson

Shaw - scored but took sore one right on HT and was replaced by Allan
Gullan

That is just from memory as there were no team sheets. Allan, Kane O'Connor and a young Irish trialist came on.

Not a great game, really windy and pitch not great but decent workout against a side with a lot of big laddies. Shaw took his goal well. The CSS goal came virtually right from KO, looked like an error from dabrowski (who was otherwise v impressive).

Iggy Pope
16-07-2017, 06:47 PM
Dabrowski

Right back the young trialist
Ben Stirling
Waugh (I think)
Mackie

S Martin
Handling
Campbell
Watson

Shaw - scored but took sore one right on HT and was replaced by Allan
Gullan

That is just from memory as there were no team sheets. Allan, Kane O'Connor and a young Irish trialist came on.

Not a great game, really windy and pitch not great but decent workout against a side with a lot of big laddies. Shaw took his goal well. The CSS goal came virtually right from KO, looked like an error from dabrowski (who was otherwise v impressive).

It was definitely Allan then?

loveofthegame
16-07-2017, 06:50 PM
It was definitely Allan then?

Yep, definitely

Www1875hfc
17-07-2017, 07:49 AM
Don't think Civil Service Strollers were to happy after reading this rant .
Hibernian Football Club! Never in my life have I been so disappointed in a professional football team, as I have been today. You visited our football ground today, for a pre season friendly against Civil Service Strollers. 5yr+ aged kids, where promised a photo opportunity, and a meet and greet with your players after the game. They waited in their clubhouse, with their parents. for well over an hour. 3 players then appeared, said they have a bowl of soup first and see the kids after. They then left after eating, and totally snubbing the kids. The rest of the team failed to appear. We were left to tell the kids, that they had waited for nothing, and to say they were disappointed is a total understatement. The team, which most of our kids idolize, hold season tickets to support, and wear their kits proudly, let them down! How do you think your younger fans felt going home today? I hope when I send my email to you tomorrow, you can let me know, why a professional club of your size, which should inspire the youngsters who support you, massively let their fans down. Because I don't have the answer for them⚽️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oneone73
17-07-2017, 07:51 AM
Don't think Civil Service Strollers were to happy after reading this rant .
Hibernian Football Club! Never in my life have I been so disappointed in a professional football team, as I have been today. You visited our football ground today, for a pre season friendly against Civil Service Strollers. 5yr+ aged kids, where promised a photo opportunity, and a meet and greet with your players after the game. They waited in their clubhouse, with their parents. for well over an hour. 3 players then appeared, said they have a bowl of soup first and see the kids after. They then left after eating, and totally snubbing the kids. The rest of the team failed to appear. We were left to tell the kids, that they had waited for nothing, and to say they were disappointed is a total understatement. The team, which most of our kids idolize, hold season tickets to support, and wear their kits proudly, let them down! How do you think your younger fans felt going home today? I hope when I send my email to you tomorrow, you can let me know, why a professional club of your size, which should inspire the youngsters who support you, massively let their fans down. Because I don't have the answer for them⚽️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sad to hear. What has gone wrong with PR this year?

Hermit Crab
17-07-2017, 08:31 AM
Thats a post on Facebook and the person who posted it has what looks like their kids in hearts strips as their profile picture. I don't know if its a genuine rant or not. If it is true then it is disappointing from Hibs

happiehibbie
17-07-2017, 09:15 AM
Being involved with the Strollers, I have spoken with our Manager there was no meet and greet with the players arranged by Hibs or our Committee we would like to thank Hibernian and the supporters who came along and look forward to more of these games in the future.

Billy Whizz
17-07-2017, 09:34 AM
Being involved with the Strollers, I have spoken with our Manager there was no meet and greet with the players arranged by Hibs or our Committee we would like to thank Hibernian and the supporters who came along and look forward to more of these games in the future.

Thanks for clarifying

Hermit Crab
17-07-2017, 03:03 PM

So the Facebook post is Tom Kite then?

Iggy Pope
17-07-2017, 03:13 PM

Sounds like it to me. Seen a few kids in their (red) kit who looked like they had maybe just finished their Sunday morning game. Didn't see or hear any evidence of idolizing going on. Or expectations of it.....

Slim Shady
17-07-2017, 03:31 PM
She also fails to mention that the kids turned up over an hour late after the parents thought it was a 3pm ko.

Slim Shady
17-07-2017, 03:41 PM
She also fails to mention that the kids turned up over an hour late after the parents thought it was a 3pm ko.

happiehibbie
18-07-2017, 08:42 AM

Yes

happiehibbie
18-07-2017, 08:43 AM
Anyway Hearts tonight feel free to come and support the Strollers