PDA

View Full Version : What a Calamity

houndog
14-07-2017, 10:39 PM
Hope someone has some helpful advise after i relate my tale of Woe, My Dad always sorts out our season tickets and makes sure that everything is in order in time for the early bird offer .. mid April. So this year as usual all done and into the ticket office before the deadline.
After an arduous and long close season we are looking forward to the next friendly at Easter Road. So dad goes to ticket office to pickup ST and add friendly + Home Cup games tickets. Ticket office inform him .. no ST and seats have been sold .....Been coming to Easter Road for over 40 Years on Season book and been in same seats since West Stand development. Ticket office have no record of ever receiving application .....My Dad who is 84 is in a real state and disappointed with ticket office response to the point I don't think he want to come back .. Which to be fair is pretty dismal.
Anyway hoping someone on here may have been in a similar situation and can give some sensible pointers.

Andy74
14-07-2017, 10:42 PM
Hope someone has some helpful advise after i relate my tale of Woe, My Dad always sorts out our season tickets and makes sure that everything is in order in time for the early bird offer .. mid April. So this year as usual all done and into the ticket office before the deadline.
After an arduous and long close season we are looking forward to the next friendly at Easter Road. So dad goes to ticket office to pickup ST and add friendly + Home Cup games tickets. Ticket office inform him .. no ST and seats have been sold .....Been coming to Easter Road for over 40 Years on Season book and been in same seats since West Stand development. Ticket office have no record of ever receiving application .....My Dad who is 84 is in a real state and disappointed with ticket office response to the point I don't think he want to come back .. Which to be fair is pretty dismal.
Anyway hoping someone on here may have been in a similar situation and can give some sensible pointers.

How were they paid for? Should be able to show the money or the finance agreement that paid for them?

After that it might be tricky getting seats back that are sold but they'd have to sort something for you.

houndog
14-07-2017, 10:51 PM
Was meant to be on 11 month payment plan along with Early bird, not seen anything from finance company but that would only have been in response to successful application .. The alarm bells should have been ringing I guess .. but same process every year with no hassle..

Sir David Gray
14-07-2017, 10:52 PM
You'll have proof of purchase either in the form of a receipt that Hibs give you following the purchasing of any tickets or from a bank statement. Give that to them and if it's proven that you did reserve your seats as early as you say then I would expect them to honour that and move whoever it is that's bought your seats (unfortunate for them as it's no fault of their own but you had the right to reserve that seat during a priority period and if you took up that option then you should be given precedence). It's not as if the whole stadium is sold out so these people will be able to move elsewhere.

If you have the evidence in writing and I see no reason why you shouldn't then you should fight this all the way.

Scouse Hibee
14-07-2017, 10:55 PM
Was meant to be on 11 month payment plan along with Early bird, not seen anything from finance company but that would only have been in response to successful application .. The alarm bells should have been ringing I guess .. but same process every year with no hassle..

Maybe your finance application was unsuccessful on this occasion, have you checked inbox including spam for response from them.

spike220
14-07-2017, 11:02 PM
If you don't get a helpful response get in touch with Leanne and she will sort this out. Don't let 40 years of support disappear because of one Muppet in the ticket office.

GGTTH

Andy74
14-07-2017, 11:10 PM
If you don't get a helpful response get in touch with Leanne and she will sort this out. Don't let 40 years of support disappear because of one Muppet in the ticket office.

GGTTH

To be fair to the ticket office staff IF there was an error in the finance or payment and there is no record of purchase there isn't much they can do. Don't think they need to be called a muppet.

Im sure they would have been able to assist with a fresh purchase just not in those seats.

eastcoasthibby
14-07-2017, 11:29 PM

GGTTH

A bit judgemental that its ticket office fault ..especially given the uncertainty about various bits of evidence that would confirm a purchase ..!!!
But I agree terrible potential loss,after all these years, it will get sorted, every confidence

CMurdoch
14-07-2017, 11:50 PM
Try getting in touch with the fans rep.
as stated the seats have gone but I'm sure the club will bend over backwards to help find a solution.
you could push to find out the reason something has gone wrong but be prepared to hear the error may be on your side. That isn't an accusation, it just might be the case something was done wrong even if it looked right.

hope you are all back and get comfortable in the West stand asap.

This is good advice.
Like blurry face, I suspect the mistake is at your end but it is easy done and you have my sympathies.
Speak to the fans rep at today's game (see post in the forum for details).
The club will have a record of you and your dad sitting in the same seats since the West was built.
They won't be able to get you back in those seats this season but i'm sure they will organise a good alternative for you.
Good luck.

CMurdoch
14-07-2017, 11:57 PM
Fans Rep Surgery - Sat 15th July at Hibs Club
This coming Saturday before the game against Montrose myself and Frank will be holding a fans surgery in the Hibs Supporters Club at Sunnyside from 12.30-13.30.

We will be upstairs in the Pat Stanton lounge.

If you can't make it along but have anything you like to discuss, please contact us.

Email:

fdougan@hibernianfc.co.uk

tsmith@hibernianfc.co.uk

We look forward to seeing you

Hope the reps can help you out today houndog :aok:

Hibby70
14-07-2017, 11:57 PM
If it was me that had got your seats I would move and I imagine so would most Hibs fans.

If you get the payment bit sorted how about putting the seat number on here and see if the new recipient is ok with a move. (Assuming they are on Hibs.net)

J-C
15-07-2017, 06:42 AM
I tried doing my early bird on line and initially it was unsuccessful, I had to speak to the ticket office and do the process on the phone but I did get an e mail saying it was successful, this was my confirmation. I quoted that and reference number to them, they said there were a few glitches, so did it over the phone. Maybe your dad had the same but didn't realise.

Danderhall Hibs
15-07-2017, 06:59 AM
I had an issue when renewing as well - I put a space in my mobile number on the application and Zebra don't recognise it. Unfortunately they don't tell you that and the TO don't know either so if you don't do anything about it then your request lapses and your seats go back into the pot.

mjhibby
15-07-2017, 07:04 AM

GGTTH

I think that is your best course of action. A friend of mine daughter works at the ticket office and apparently leanne has intervened a few times when tricky situations have arisen.

BT58
15-07-2017, 07:25 AM
Have you tried Emailing them. I had a problem with my season card and it was fixed. If you go to Hibernian web page then look for Contact us. Register, then put in full details name, address, stand, seat, row etc. Hopefully all will be sorted.
As others have said check your spam/junk mail.
B

blackpoolhibs
15-07-2017, 07:31 AM
Tracey is the only fan rep who uses this site regularly, give her a PM here and I'm sure she will get back to you ASAP.

This is an ideal case for the supporters rep.

calamitus
15-07-2017, 07:44 AM
I had an issue when renewing as well - I put a space in my mobile number on the application and Zebra don't recognise it. Unfortunately they don't tell you that and the TO don't know either so if you don't do anything about it then your request lapses and your seats go back into the pot.

I work improving user experience with websites and electronic forms, and from what you're saying here, it's anything but your fault. Designing a form that doesn't recognise commonly formatted entries, doesn't validate the formatting, then doesn't show you that there's an error, then let's you submit data that makes the process fall over is terrible practice.

overdrive
15-07-2017, 07:57 AM
I work improving user experience with websites and electronic forms, and from what you're saying here, it's anything but your fault. Designing a form that doesn't recognise commonly formatted entries, doesn't validate the formatting, then doesn't show you that there's an error, then let's you submit data that makes the process fall over is terrible practice.

I'd also bet the person you quoted didn't put the space in themselves. Hibs prepopulate the number into the form in that format. It has done this with me two years in a row. Last year my application didn't go through because of it and this year I changed it.

staunchhibby
15-07-2017, 08:12 AM
I thing it is bit ott to call the ticket office staff muppets.They do a great job.

Andy74
15-07-2017, 08:31 AM
I'd also bet the person you quoted didn't put the space in themselves. Hibs prepopulate the number into the form in that format. It has done this with me two years in a row. Last year my application didn't go through because of it and this year I changed it.

Correct and very poor that it hasn't been fixed.

Hibs Class
15-07-2017, 08:33 AM
I thing it is bit ott to call the ticket office staff muppets.They do a great job.

:agree:

CapitalGreen
15-07-2017, 08:41 AM

I hope you get everything sorted.

I would suggest however that it's probably time that you took over responsibility for sorting out the season tickets. Doing it online would have allowed you to track the application more easily and would have likely picked up this issue before now.

Hibeewilly
15-07-2017, 08:50 AM
Anytime I have had a problem I couldn't deal with online for season tickets away tickets etc I speak to either Claire or Tracy in the TO and they always come to the rescue. They are both first class at their jobs and lovely people to boot:top marks