PDA

View Full Version : Some news at last...Progress, Progress, Progress

hibbie02
13-07-2017, 09:47 PM
http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/hibs-boss-steven-whittaker-will-be-three-players-in-one-1-4503530

Whitty nearly there. Not sure if he is hinting Stokes is also coming or not.

Hibeewilly
13-07-2017, 10:07 PM
From that article you would have to assume Whittaker is a done deal. I've seen Pennant in all three games and my vote would be a no as I think Boyle offers much more. Stokes I think we'll eventually get but that one could take a while. GGTTH

ian cruise
13-07-2017, 10:11 PM
There's no way Whittaker isn't happening when they're being so open about it. Whatever it is that's causing the delay (pay off from Norwich, etc) is obviously not anything we should be concerned about.

Iain G
13-07-2017, 10:12 PM
From that article you would have to assume Whittaker is a done deal. I've seen Pennant in all three games and my vote would be a no as I think Boyle offers much more. Stokes I think we'll eventually get but that one could take a while. GGTTH

Whitty, Stokes and two more attacking options and I think we would be done nicely.

18Hibee75
13-07-2017, 10:18 PM
Never understand the delay with these deals. Would be very frustrating if we didn't sign whittaker now. Unlikely though.

Sent from my F3211 using Tapatalk

Hibeewilly
13-07-2017, 10:19 PM
Whitty, Stokes and two more attacking options and I think we would be done nicely.
I more or less agree Iain. I think we need Stokes Whitty one other striker and two more midfielders preferably goal scoring midfielders. That would do me

Iain G
13-07-2017, 10:24 PM
I more or less agree Iain. I think we need Stokes Whitty one other striker and two more midfielders preferably goal scoring midfielders. That would do me

Whitty
Stokes
Henderson
Striker

For me would do 😁

Hibeewilly
13-07-2017, 10:35 PM
Whitty
Stokes
Henderson
Striker

For me would do 😁
Fair do's stick Crawford on your list and I'll go with that!!

Delboy4
13-07-2017, 10:36 PM
http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/hibs-boss-steven-whittaker-will-be-three-players-in-one-1-4503530

Whitty nearly there. Not sure if he is hinting Stokes is also coming or not.

Whitty will be shown on Monday & Stokes is just about at the finishing line 👍

ian cruise
13-07-2017, 10:36 PM
Whitty
Stokes
Henderson
Striker

For me would do 😁

And with 3 of the 4 being ex players, that give the doom merchants something to complain about still. Hibs scouting is a joke, why can't we find new names, etc, etc...

A little something for everyone then should they all happen.

Souter96Mac
13-07-2017, 10:44 PM
Wouldn't say no to Whitty, Stokes, Pennant (if deemed good enough by Lenny, I've still not seen him play in the flesh), another striker, another attacking mid/winger and I'd be happy.

wpj
13-07-2017, 10:45 PM

Stokes on loan or a signing?

Hermit Crab
13-07-2017, 10:47 PM

Loan or permanent?

Delboy4
13-07-2017, 11:08 PM
Stokes on loan or a signing?

Gaffer didn't say ?

overdrive
13-07-2017, 11:14 PM
I'm guessing Pennant is a "no" from that. Shame, I thought he was decent from what I saw. Not a player who'd play every week but someone who'd definitely contribute.

The Harp Awakes
13-07-2017, 11:23 PM
Looks like Whitty and Stokes are in the bag to me. I still think we need more though. Another physical and more direct striker and a goal scoring midfielder.

pacorosssco
14-07-2017, 12:08 AM
Stokes and Whit are big signings and should be improvement on players departed. Nothing is guaranteed but happy with both. Id still say we need two more attacking players at least to cover injuries. Id like a winger and a target man and if can move Graham all the better. Stokes has more spl pedigree than any one of Aberdeens signings

CRAZYHIBBY
14-07-2017, 05:17 AM
Judging by the fact he wants to speak to pennant first kind of hints at no deal being offered

Callum_62
14-07-2017, 06:01 AM
Dont think you can tell either way re: Pennent. Makes sense to speak to the player first regardless

Hes always been quite complimentary about him since he arrived

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blackpoolhibs
14-07-2017, 06:15 AM
Never understand the delay with these deals. Would be very frustrating if we didn't sign whittaker now. Unlikely though.

Sent from my F3211 using Tapatalk

You are not alone there, but its not stopped many folk saying we should just dump him and go after someone else after stating just why he's been stalling on signing.

When in the real world they don't have a clue why its not been done yet. :rolleyes:

Viva_Palmeiras
14-07-2017, 06:43 AM
Dont think you can tell either way re: Pennent. Makes sense to speak to the player first regardless

Hes always been quite complimentary about him since he arrived

For me it sounds like Lennon has done his praising. Doesn't want to show his hand before asking first - are you keen on committing to Hibs. In this way they can better manage expectations - were not being told Lennon is going to get a deal done.

could the impact of Brexit/interest rates come into play?

Jag7
14-07-2017, 07:10 AM

No but the SNP high earners tax bracket could have an effect on English players coming to Scotland !!

Callum_62
14-07-2017, 07:10 AM

I think so.

Rods been stockpiling foreign currency and is ready to hit the exchange button

How do you think we can afford Hooper and Larsson?

CropleyWasGod
14-07-2017, 07:15 AM
No but the SNP high earners tax bracket could have an effect on English players coming to Scotland !!
In what way?

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

Jag7
14-07-2017, 07:17 AM
In what way?

They will pay more tax up here .. doh!

Captain Trips
14-07-2017, 07:20 AM

So out pop the special envelopes at The Rangers.

Big_Franck
14-07-2017, 07:21 AM

You do know this is a forum for football chat, aye?

Hopefully see Whittaker with the scarf above his head on Monday. Very useful player to have.

Callum_62
14-07-2017, 07:21 AM
Aye its all the SNPs fault.

[emoji23]

green day
14-07-2017, 07:22 AM

A whole £400 per year more. I doubt that's an issue.

Jag7
14-07-2017, 07:24 AM
Aye its all the SNPs fault.

[emoji23]

If you care to read the post it says COULD, but you SNP supporters are so touchy you take everything personally . And yes the higher tax bracket is the SNP's fault .. you cannot deny that !

Jag7
14-07-2017, 07:25 AM

Depends how much you are earning does it not 😳 Also I think your figures are wrong . .it is actually £2000 of a difference !!

Iain G
14-07-2017, 07:27 AM
I think so.

Rods been stockpiling foreign currency and is ready to hit the exchange button

How do you think we can afford Hooper and Larsson?

Twitter rumour is that Rod had a bet on the other week and won a whole lot of Euro's in Luxembourg...

BSEJVT
14-07-2017, 07:27 AM

It ****ing is to me!

green day
14-07-2017, 07:29 AM
Depends how much you are earning does it not 😳

No it doesn't. I think you are confusing tax rates and bands.

The difference is where the higher rate band starts. Frozen up here, moved up a little down south. Hence it's a simple arithmetical calc and the current difference is per my previous post.

That will change over next few years, but currently it's peanuts.

Jag7
14-07-2017, 07:31 AM
No it doesn't. I think you are confusing tax rates and bands.

The difference is where the higher rate band starts. Frozen up here, moved up a little down south. Hence it's a simple arithmetical calc and the current difference is per my previous post.

That will change over next few years, but currently it's peanuts.

Ok maybe I put it the wrong way but if he signs he will pay the higher tax rate quicker here than he would in England .. and any tax is not peanuts .. yes it probably will change but not for the better for anyone in Scotland 😡

green day
14-07-2017, 07:32 AM
Depends how much you are earning does it not 😳 Also I think your figures are wrong . .it is actually £2000 of a difference !!

Again you are wrong, it's the band that's moved £2000 in England, so (simplistically)) a higher rate taxpayer up here pays 20% more on £2000, hence £400.

hhibs
14-07-2017, 07:34 AM
If you care to read the post it says COULD, but you SNP supporters are so touchy you take everything personally . And yes the higher tax bracket is the SNP's fault .. you cannot deny that !

Not so much touchy as wondering WTF planet you inhabit,taxation revenue to provide services for the population and help mitigate the cuts from your pals down in Westminster !

SNP fault ,aye that will be right,that few hundred quid every year will sure affect our recruitment policy..................not.

green day
14-07-2017, 07:35 AM
Ok maybe I put it the wrong way but if he signs he will pay the higher tax rate quicker here than he would in England .. and any tax is not peanuts .. yes it probably will change but not for the better for anyone in Scotland 😡

I guess it depends what you mean. I think you mean "I dinnae want to pay more tax" however if the extra revenue is used on education, health, social care I would say it is for the better for everyone in Scotland.

Jag7
14-07-2017, 07:35 AM
Again you are wrong, it's the band that's moved £2000 in England, so (simplistically)) a higher rate taxpayer up here pays 20% more on £2000, hence £400.

Ok fair enough .. it probably won't make any difference then !

Jag7
14-07-2017, 07:36 AM
I guess it depends what you mean. I think you mean "I dinnae want to pay more tax" however if the extra revenue is used on education, health, social care I would say it is for the better for everyone in Scotland.

Now that is a typical SNP reply .. this is not a political forum so I will keep my argument to myself ..

green day
14-07-2017, 07:37 AM
Oh, and to get back on topic for a minute.

It's pish to suggest that Whittaker might not sign for us due to paying £400 extra in tax. The man is in all likelihood minted.

Jag7
14-07-2017, 07:39 AM
Oh, and to get back on topic for a minute.

It's pish to suggest that Whittaker might not sign for us due to paying £400 extra in tax. The man is in all likelihood minted.

I think I agreed with that 2 posts ago ..

WeeRussell
14-07-2017, 07:41 AM
Now that is a typical SNP reply .. this is not a political forum so I will keep my argument to myself ..

Doesn't a sly dig at the poster and the snp qualify as a political post?

Jag7
14-07-2017, 07:42 AM
Doesn't a sly dig at the poster and the snp qualify as a political post?

Sadly we were off the football topic by then 😂

Thecat23
14-07-2017, 07:43 AM
Any chance we can keep this about the progress and not what everyone's political views are. Gets a tad boring!

Ringothedog
14-07-2017, 07:43 AM

It was you that raised the political angle on a football message board.

Aldo
14-07-2017, 07:44 AM
Can we just discuss football and not politics and taxes blah blah blah! There are other sections on .net for this.

Can we keep it on topic and not turn this thread into a train wreck!!

JimboHibs
14-07-2017, 07:44 AM
This place is comedy gold 😂😂

Clarence
14-07-2017, 07:45 AM
Oh your blue face paint shines through even on a post 😂😂

Are those emojis cringing?

Aldo
14-07-2017, 07:45 AM
Any chance we can keep this about the progress and not what everyone's political views are. Gets a tad boring!

Beat me too it TC

nomad
14-07-2017, 07:48 AM

Yes the thought of paying £400 extra in tax a year would indeed put off any player coming to Scotland of course.

Thecat23
14-07-2017, 07:50 AM
Beat me too it TC

Unreal mate, let's hope we get a singing today. Would be a nice lift before tomorrow's game.

Aldo
14-07-2017, 07:50 AM
Unreal mate, let's hope we get a singing today. Would be a nice lift before tomorrow's game.

Indeed! Been a few names mentioned so hopefully get one over the line before the end of today!

Big_Franck
14-07-2017, 07:55 AM

Bit late for that.

You've got previous for doing this as well i'm sure. One more and you should be launched back to Westminster IMO :greengrin

Cocaine&Caviar
14-07-2017, 07:57 AM
GK: Marciano, Laidlaw

RB: Whittaker*, Gray
CB: Ambrose, McGregor
CB: Hanlon, Fontaine
LB: Stevenson, Crane

DM: Bartley, Martin
RCM: McGeouch, Henderson*
LCM: McGinn, F. Murray

RW: Pennant*, Boyle
LW: Swanson, TBC*
CF: Stokes*, S. Murray

CropleyWasGod
14-07-2017, 07:58 AM
Maybe remove the doh?

Jag7
14-07-2017, 07:59 AM
Bit late for that.

You've got previous for doing this as well i'm sure. One more and you should be launched back to Westminster IMO :greengrin

Oh you keep a copy of all my posts .. is that not stalking 😱

Big_Franck
14-07-2017, 08:03 AM
Oh you keep a copy of all my posts .. is that not stalking 😱

No need to keep a copy. There's only one eejit that constantly brings his political opinions on to this board so it's not hard to remember the username.

MacGruber
14-07-2017, 08:07 AM

Looks good but we'll need more than 2 strikers even with Shaw chipping in

Jag7
14-07-2017, 08:12 AM
No need to keep a copy. There's only one eejit that constantly brings his political opinions on to this board so it's not hard to remember the username.

And here comes the personal abuse again .. this site is rediculous for personal abuse if you have a different opinion from anyone else !!

Since90+2
14-07-2017, 08:14 AM
Going by this thread the additional tax raised in Scotland should be spent on Maths and English as a priority.

Souter96Mac
14-07-2017, 08:15 AM
Looks good but we'll need more than 2 strikers even with Shaw chipping in
Yeah would like to see Stokes and another in, maybe more of a target man like we had in Holt last year, but I would also love it if we went in for Moult but can't really see it now. I think it'd be good having the likes of fraser murray, Martin and crane in the first team this year, giving them game time when we can.

hibbie02
14-07-2017, 08:15 AM
And here comes the personal abuse again .. this site is rediculous for personal abuse if you have a different opinion from anyone else !!

It's a football thread on a football site. No need for politics. Thought I would start a positive thread where we hear positive news. No need to get into tax and politics as it never ends well. :greengrin

worcesterhibby
14-07-2017, 08:18 AM

Or maybe...

Marciano, Laidlaw

CF: Stokes*, S. Murray, Church*, Graham

I think Church would be a good signing, I see no reason why he couldn't continue the form he had for aberdeen in a Hibs shirt. I also don't think Graham is going anywhere, even if we wanted him to, unless we loan him out and pay some of his wages, personally I think the smarter thing would be to keep him as back-up.
It will be interesting to see who/if we bring someone else in at Left Wing...might be the ideal role for a loanee from an EPL side..young fast hungry but raw ??

Sean1875
14-07-2017, 08:23 AM
**** me this place gets worse and more depressing every day. Attempted thread about some good newsand erupts into an argument about the SNPs higher tax bracket. Praying we get a signing in soon and god forbid we don't lose or draw tomorrow, all out civil war will erupt.

Just Alf
14-07-2017, 08:27 AM

Just take it to the holy ground, there's already an SNP thread running there (or start one specifically on the tax) ..... We all happily argue, disagree and fire barbed remarks at each other to our hearts content.... at least you won't get abuse for posting holy ground non football stuff in the football bit of the forum... Simples :agree:

Aldo
14-07-2017, 08:28 AM

It's like a playground on here sometimes. He called you an eejit and if this upsets you then you really need to get a thicker skin! I would suggest that if you can't handle other people having an opinion then don't respond or read their posts or block them or report them to the admins because the abuse is bad and personal!

As for your posts on politics etc- there is a separate forum for this so post in the holy ground or dug out and not on a transfer thread or football related thread. I don't want to come on here and halfway through a thread there is a discussion about bloody taxes blah blah blah!

There said it!!

Jag7
14-07-2017, 08:42 AM
Apologies didn't know about the holy ground !

BH Hibs
14-07-2017, 08:45 AM
It was you that raised the political angle on a football message board.

:troll:

Roxyhibee
14-07-2017, 08:59 AM
Honestly could not see a way to get our hands on Stokes a few weeks ago, given the financial gap and his own circumstances with the civil lawsuit but with Lennon recently revealing a bit more, I'm beginning to believe we have a chance now.

If it happens and Whittaker too, can we agree Hibs summer signings will eclipse the much hyped Aberdeen ones and easily outstrip the Cheats too.? And give the club some credit for bringing in some big name players.

Oh, and back them by buying a season if you are still pondering, so they can do even more.

Good times await if we support them like we know we can.

Just Alf
14-07-2017, 09:02 AM
Apologies didn't know about the holy ground !

:aok:

Be aware, "mortal enemies" over there can be best buddies in here! :greengrin

Jag7
14-07-2017, 09:12 AM
:aok:

Be aware, "mortal enemies" over there can be best buddies in here! :greengrin

Just had a read at some posts .. ooer missus 😱

HIBERNIAN-0762
14-07-2017, 09:15 AM
Yet another :zzzzz!::zzzzz!::zzzzz!: .net thread on potential signings that descends in to farce.

:bitchy::yawn:

hibbiedon
14-07-2017, 09:22 AM
This is a football site, post your views on follow follow they will love them there

Keith_M
14-07-2017, 09:28 AM
Whitty
Stokes
Henderson
Striker

For me would do 😁

And with 3 of the 4 being ex players, that give the doom merchants something to complain about still. Hibs scouting is a joke, why can't we find new names, etc, etc...

A little something for everyone then should they all happen.

If they could sign Deeks as the new striker, then we'd have a full set of ex-Hibbies

:wink:

Brightside
14-07-2017, 09:32 AM

Bye

Phil MaGlass
14-07-2017, 09:37 AM
Going by this thread the additional tax raised in Scotland should be spent on Maths and English as a priority.
and spelling
Math :greengrin

cabbageandribs1875
14-07-2017, 09:41 AM

*Ridiculous

Slavers
14-07-2017, 09:41 AM
Get Riordan in!

Smartie
14-07-2017, 09:43 AM
and spelling
Math :greengrin

Honest question, because I hear this a lot.

I thought "Math" was just an Americanism that has been picked up by people in this country.

Is Maths still Maths or has it officially turned into Math?

What is taught in schools?

What would a Maths teacher say that their job was?

Not In The Know
14-07-2017, 09:47 AM

that is a VERY good squad on paper, not even mentioning Shaw and Porteous who along with F. Murray I have a feeling could be better than any tent pole signing we are all craving for at the moment.

The future is GREEN and WHITE.

Sean1875
14-07-2017, 09:49 AM

I thought "Math" was just an Americanism that has been picked up by people in this country.

**** it, the thread is a train wreck anyway - I say Maths :greengrin :hijack:

Since90+2
14-07-2017, 09:52 AM
When I was at school it was always Maths and English (which included spelling) :greengrin

BonnieFitbaTeam
14-07-2017, 10:00 AM

:faf:

Of course it's Maths.

But in the interest of proper pedantry, as is often the case what we're actually talking about here is arithmetic. http://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/taunt%20smiley.gif

LancsHibs
14-07-2017, 10:07 AM
It's an abbreviation of mathematics, so it's maths. Case solved.

Just Alf
14-07-2017, 10:08 AM
Goddam, I thought I'd single handedly fixed it as well.... Sigh....

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Keith_M
14-07-2017, 10:08 AM

Of course it's Maths.

But in the interest of proper pedantry, as is often the case what we're actually talking about here is arithmetic. http://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/taunt%20smiley.gif

:agree:

I hate when people say Math(s) when they mean Arithmetic.

Did you people even go to school!!!!!!

Anyway, what was that about Deeks signing?

Phil MaGlass
14-07-2017, 10:09 AM
:greengrin:greengrin

http://www.word-detective.com/2011/05/math-vs-maths/

ian cruise
14-07-2017, 10:11 AM
If they could sign Deeks as the new striker, then we'd have a full set of ex-Hibbies

:wink:

I'm not even getting in to a bring back Deek conversation again. I've had my one for this window...

lapsedhibee
14-07-2017, 10:28 AM
It's an abbreviation of mathematics, so it's maths. Case solved.
Using your principle, what would be the abbreviation for gymnastics?

Real Emerald
14-07-2017, 10:31 AM

I also hate the new way they all now calll "sixth", "sic" 😡😂

Mainstandman
14-07-2017, 10:35 AM

One of my pet hates that. Especially when people say they can't do maths, no you can't do adding up never mind calculus

RamYer1902
14-07-2017, 10:38 AM
I think Pennant has been very good in pre season and we'd be daft not to sign him. Would be good to have the option of him and Boyle.

Keith_M
14-07-2017, 10:40 AM
I think Pennant has been very good in pre season and we'd be daft not to sign him. Would be good to have the option of him and Boyle.

Did you see his pathetic warm-up routine against the Pars?

Keith_M
14-07-2017, 10:42 AM
One of my pet hates that. Especially when people say they can't do maths, no you can't do adding up never mind calculus

Another thing that annpys me is when people talk about 'the three Rs', when they actually mean 'the R, the W and the A'.

:grr:

EDIT: What's even worse is when people spell 'annoys' with a 'p' instead of an 'a'.

cabbageandribs1875
14-07-2017, 10:43 AM
well, ain't this went all off topic :greengrin

oneone73
14-07-2017, 10:45 AM
well, ain't this went all off topic :greengrin

Sum what.

snedzuk
14-07-2017, 10:45 AM
Did you see his pathetic warm-up routine against the Pars?

He didnt do that old chicken joke again did he.

Brightside
14-07-2017, 10:46 AM

Math is correct...we don't do EnglishS

Smartie
14-07-2017, 10:46 AM

I don't get too wound up about this.

Arithmetic, algebra, trigonometry and calculus would all come under the broader umbrella term of mathematics.

I don't consider maths and arithmetic to be mutually exclusive so if someone refers to an arithmetical situation as maths, then I do not consider it to be incorrect, although technically it would be more accurate to refer to the more suitable title of arithmetic.

It can get a bit vague when people say they are good at Maths. There is a difference between working out quickly how much change someone needs from a tenner to being able to solve a tricky differential equation.

Having people from the UK refer to Maths as Math though - that really boils my piss.

cabbageandribs1875
14-07-2017, 10:48 AM
Sum what.

it just doesn't add up

Spike Mandela
14-07-2017, 10:49 AM

Where's Brian Graham?

Edit: I see what you mean, two options for each position.

CropleyWasGod
Where's Brian Graham?

Doing his Maths Higher.

G B Young

I agree Boyle is a player who continues to improve and I'm a fan of his, but for a long time he's been our only real 'winger'. Humphrey was brought in to share the load and looked the part early on but it seems to me we're back to relying on Boyle out wide, aside from Gray/Stevenson pushing forward. Still need a wide man I feel, even it it's not Pennant.

Baw187
14-07-2017, 10:54 AM
I agree Boyle is a player who continues to improve and I'm a fan of his, but for a long time he's been our only real 'winger'. Humphrey was brought in to share the load and looked the part early on but it seems to me we're back to relying on Boyle out wide, aside from Gray/Stevenson pushing forward. Still need a wide man I feel, even it it's not Pennant.

Pennant and Boyle are almost polar opposite in terms of their strengths and weaknesses.

While Pennant won't regain the pace Boyle has, if he can teach Boyle a thing or two about getting good quality balls in from wide areas then that's worth his signing alone.

Reckon Pennant would be a good signing in a number of respects (good squad player, good experience that will rub off off on others, he's actually still not a bad player at this level from the evidence so far).

JeMeSouviens
14-07-2017, 10:57 AM
I don't get too would up about this.

Arithmetic, algebra, trigonometry and calculus would all come under the broader umbrella term of mathematics.

I don't consider maths and arithmetic to be mutually exclusive so if someone refers to an arithmetical situation as maths, then I do not consider it to be incorrect, although technically it would be more accurate to refer to the more suitable title of arithmetic.

It can get a bit vague when people say they are good at Maths. There is a difference between working out quickly how much change someone needs from a tenner to being able to solve a tricky differential equation.

Having people from the UK refer to Maths as Math though - that really boils my piss.

Not nearly as bad as people who stress the wrong syllable in adult. :grr:

Sean1875
14-07-2017, 10:58 AM
Doing his Maths Higher.

All this Math/Maths chat is going to divide us all.

hibby13
14-07-2017, 10:59 AM

Mathematics is the subject, therefore Maths is short version. The subject is not Mathematic! Bloomin' Americans!

BonnieFitbaTeam
14-07-2017, 11:08 AM

'English' isn't an abbreviation.

Brightside
14-07-2017, 11:16 AM
Mathematics is the subject, therefore Maths is short version. The subject is not Mathematic! Bloomin' Americans!

Mathematics is a singular noun the S should never be there in the first place. We have just got used to having the S on the shortened version

greenlex
14-07-2017, 11:19 AM

Mathematics is a collection of subjects one of which is arithmetic Doing the Math is actually grammatically correct. Mon the Yanks.

Dalianwanda
14-07-2017, 11:20 AM
Is there a single thread on this board that hasn't wandered way off topic?

Brightside
14-07-2017, 11:21 AM
Is there a single thread on this board that hasn't wandered way off topic?

Whats your favourite cheese?

HibbyAl
14-07-2017, 11:23 AM

Yes he'd pay £400 a year more income tax in Scotland than he would in England (as he'd be earning over £45k).

However the average council tax rate in Scotland is approx £400 less in Scotland than it is in England.

Sean1875
14-07-2017, 11:27 AM

:faf: :faf:

Bobby's Cinema
14-07-2017, 11:28 AM

just spat my drink everywhere

Dalianwanda
14-07-2017, 11:29 AM

Toss up between a nice mature stilton, Eppoisses & Kraft cheese slices.

Have you noticed that dogs hair is longer these days?

KdyHby
14-07-2017, 11:54 AM

:faf::faf::not worth:not worth

West lower
14-07-2017, 12:10 PM
All this Maths chat is taken us off on a tangent.

Craig_in_Prague
14-07-2017, 12:14 PM

It's putting a divide among the users.

Ryan91
14-07-2017, 12:15 PM

Maybe so but these tangents are an integral part of being on .net

HNA2
14-07-2017, 12:30 PM
Handbags and Drivel! Can we keep it friendly and on track please!

Brightside
14-07-2017, 12:31 PM
oooooh multiple accounts...:greengrin

Jay
14-07-2017, 12:34 PM
oooooh multiple accounts...:greengrin

Hud yer wheesht! :greengrin

MyJo
14-07-2017, 12:40 PM
Maybe so but these tangents are an integral part of being on .net

I'm sensing some long division amongst the support

Smartie
14-07-2017, 12:55 PM
How did we go from talking Hibs to Mathematics anyway?

I'm pretty sure it was talking about the time that Yogi was sent off for ruffling the hair of Stephane Paille-thagoras down this path.

Zazu62
14-07-2017, 12:58 PM
Zzzzzzzz

snooky
14-07-2017, 01:01 PM
Mathematics is a singular noun the S should never be there in the first place. We have just got used to having the S on the shortened version

You're being pedantics

Dalianwanda
14-07-2017, 01:02 PM
progress
noun
ˈprəʊɡrɛs/
forward or onward movement towards a destination.
"the darkness did not stop my progress"
synonyms: forward movement, onward movement, progression, advance, advancement, headway, passage; going
"ceaseless rain made further progress impossible"
development towards an improved or more advanced condition.
"we are making progress towards equal rights"
synonyms: development, advance, advancement, headway, step(s) forward, progression, improvement, betterment, growth; breakthrough
"the progress of medical science"
verb
prəˈɡrɛs/
move forward or onward in space or time.
"as the century progressed the quality of telescopes improved"
synonyms: go, make one's way, move, move forward, go forward, proceed, continue, advance, go on, make progress, make headway, press on, gain ground, push forward, go/forge ahead, work one's way
"they progressed slowly back along the grass"
develop towards an improved or more advanced condition.
"work on the pond is progressing"
synonyms: develop, make progress, advance, make headway, take steps forward, make strides, get better, come on, come along, move on, get on, gain ground, shape up, improve, thrive, prosper, blossom, flourish; More
Feedback

Keith_M
14-07-2017, 01:06 PM

There can be only one!

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01367/Wensleydale_1367148c.jpg

The_Horde
14-07-2017, 01:18 PM
Progress progress progress ... Neil having a pop at the Huns on the sly?

seanoheimhin
14-07-2017, 01:58 PM
Some tangents are part of the .net experience no doubt, but this summer every ****ing thread turns into totally pish chat.

Grim times, bring on some signings before everyone on here loses their minds

Keith_M
14-07-2017, 01:59 PM
Some tangents are part of the .net experience no doubt, but this summer every ****ing thread turns into totally pish chat.

Bit late for that...

Wibble, wibble.

Velma Dinkley
14-07-2017, 02:08 PM
Wtf

Deansy
14-07-2017, 02:17 PM

I'm with you on that - this close-season has has been an absolute nightmare for (what seems like) almost every thread ending-up in an argument !. Think the main reason for it is our return to the SPL and everyone would love Hibs to show that our absence from it was just a fluke so we can announce 'WE'RE BACK' in (hopefully) a very successful style !.

Pretty Boy
14-07-2017, 02:57 PM
What a ****ing disaster of a thread.

It would normally be a shoe in for worst thread of the week but there's so much competition at the moment it's probably only just scraping top 5. The sooner the season starts the better.

BonnieFitbaTeam
14-07-2017, 03:16 PM
How did we go from talking Hibs to Mathematics anyway?

I'm pretty sure it was talking about the time that Yogi was sent off for ruffling the hair of Stephane Paille-thagoras down this path.

http://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/top%20marks.gif

Pedantic_Hibee
14-07-2017, 03:18 PM
You're being pedantics

That role is taken.

FitbaFolkKen
14-07-2017, 03:46 PM

Taught Mathematics - seems to make more sense to me to say "I taught Maths". If I taught Mathematic i would have taught "Math" I guess.

The problem is both are deemed grammatically correct however "Math" is preferred in U.S. and Canada whereas "Maths" is more common usage in U.K., Ireland and Australia.

ancient hibee
14-07-2017, 03:51 PM
I'm with you on that - this close-season has has been an absolute nightmare for (what seems like) almost every thread ending-up in an argument !. Think the main reason for it is our return to the SPL and everyone would love Hibs to show that our absence from it was just a fluke so we can announce 'WE'RE BACK' in (hopefully) a very successful style !.

It was certainly no fluke.

Conj
14-07-2017, 09:07 PM
Toss up between a nice mature stilton, Eppoisses & Kraft cheese slices.

Have you noticed that dogs hair is longer these days?

Never mind dog hair, you never see white dog poo these days

Bostonhibby
14-07-2017, 09:22 PM
Never mind dog hair, you never see white dog poo these daysYou really do.

There's a lane just over my back garden wall where a guy walks a dog that looks like a frigging lion. He never cleans up after it but it deposits what looks like a white pudding supper on a bad day.

If you PM me your address I'll send you one post free.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

ian cruise
14-07-2017, 09:32 PM

There's a song about that

https://youtu.be/u5l-9jQ5gsw

By the way this thread has gone ridiculously off track, I apologise for any role I've played in this. Friday can't come quick enough.

sleeping giant
14-07-2017, 09:37 PM

You also never see dogs mounting people anymore .
What's up with that ?

Mon the dugs

sleeping giant
14-07-2017, 09:38 PM
You're being pedantics

blackpoolhibs
14-07-2017, 10:09 PM
You also never see dogs mounting people anymore .
What's up with that ?

Mon the dugs

You should come to Blackpool and see people mounting dugs all over the shop every weekend.

Baw187
14-07-2017, 10:11 PM
You should come to Blackpool and see people mounting dugs all over the shop every weekend.

[emoji23][emoji23] [emoji1303]

hibee_nation
14-07-2017, 10:57 PM
I'm beginning to lose the will to live on this thread or should that be loose. 😃

Bostonhibby
14-07-2017, 11:28 PM
I'm beginning to lose the will to live on this thread or should that be loose. [emoji2]Grammatically speaking you could do both.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

BullsCloseHibs
15-07-2017, 06:33 PM
I thought this was a post about that massive club from Luxembourg who skelped King Billy's boys the other week...