PDA

View Full Version : Tonights games

blackpoolhibs
13-07-2017, 08:16 PM
Aberdeen 1-1 after 69 mins with another team i have never heard of.

greenlex
13-07-2017, 08:46 PM
Sergey will be along shortly to tell us how pish Scottish fitba is and how Lowestoft would take six of that mob.

Baldy Foghorn
13-07-2017, 09:02 PM
Poor if 3 of the 4 clubs go out at first stage....Can see sellick going through

lapsedhibee
13-07-2017, 09:18 PM
Sergey will be along shortly to tell us his push Scottish rutabaga is and hiw Lowestoft would take sux of that mob.

It's true, we're ***** at rutabaga.

cabbageandribs1875
13-07-2017, 09:50 PM
25 clubs in this lot i've never heard of

http://www.uefa.com/livescores/index.html

i see the conquerors of sevco got beat at home by some team called AEL(who)

Sir David Gray
13-07-2017, 09:53 PM

They played the big team about 10 years ago in the Champions League qualifiers and lost 3-0 on aggregate.

HUTCHYHIBBY
13-07-2017, 09:53 PM
Sergey will be along shortly to tell us his push Scottish rutabaga is and hiw Lowestoft would take sux of that mob.

Has this been written in the dons oppositions language?

mjhibby
13-07-2017, 10:12 PM

Obviously not as far ahead in recruitment as some keep insisting. Seems only bad finishing stopped the dons losing. Rather they went through but shows they aren't as good as many make out.

Sir David Gray
13-07-2017, 10:19 PM
Obviously not as far ahead in recruitment as some keep insisting. Seems only bad finishing stopped the dons losing. Rather they went through but shows they aren't as good as many make out.

They don't even have the excuse of saying that they were playing a team that's midway through their season as the Bosnian season doesn't start for over a week.

SirDavidsNapper
13-07-2017, 10:57 PM
Was that at Pittodrie? If it's away from home it's a great result for them.

13-07-2017, 11:01 PM
It was at home. Wonder if they’ll add another star to their shirt if they get the away win.

SirDavidsNapper
13-07-2017, 11:04 PM
It was at home. Wonder if they’ll add another star to their shirt if they get the away win.

Up against it then. Haha the stars are a bit cringey. A defunct European tournament and a pre season friendly.

pacorosssco
14-07-2017, 12:40 AM
We lost v copenhagen home tie then took to wire. Dons not out yet and for us are the team to catch. Aberdeen have produced some good european results and while I wish was Hibs I hope they can turn round. We need our teams to do best they can at euro level to benefit domestic game.

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
14-07-2017, 05:38 AM
Up against it then. Haha the stars are a bit cringey. A defunct European tournament and a pre season friendly.

Steady on, thats a bit harsh.

Look how we have celebrated winning the Scottish Cup... they beat Real Madrid ffs in a European final - every right to celebrate that.

NAE NOOKIE
14-07-2017, 07:52 AM

Look how we have celebrated winning the Scottish Cup... they beat Real Madrid ffs in a European final - every right to celebrate that.

Exactly ...... If that had been Hibs we would have a star on the shirt for each team we knocked out on the way to winning it and a minutes applause at the 83rd minute of every home game ever since. KingDomofFife's comment was on a thread partly bemoaning Scotland's lack of success in Europe over the last decade or so, to the point now where there's every chance 3 of our 4 teams will be out of Europe before the league season even starts ....... That's bloody bad enough without folk belittling the achievement of one of our few clubs who actually have won a European competition and who beat arguably the world's biggest and most famous club to do it.

Short of summer football I cant see what we are going to do about Scotland's woeful European record over the last 10 years .... You only have to look at the upsurge in the fortunes of Irish football, a league full of clubs who can only dream of the resources available to our top clubs, over the last few years to conclude that having a load of competitive games under your belt as you approach the early European rounds does make a difference ...........Unfortunately in this country and especially with football 'its aye been' sadly always seems to trump 'what could be'

basehibby
14-07-2017, 08:15 AM
One major reason Scots clubs are so pish in Europe is most Scottish teams are effectively dismantled at the end of each season - so that the team's competing in Europe are usually bereft of many of the talented players that got them there. That's certainly been the case every time Hibs have made Europe over the last 20 years or so with the noteable exception of last year when the core of the team that won the cup was maintained and came within a baw hair of knocking out a very decent Brondby side.

greenlex
14-07-2017, 10:59 AM
Exactly ...... If that had been Hibs we would have a star on the shirt for each team we knocked out on the way to winning it and a minutes applause at the 83rd minute of every home game ever since. KingDomofFife's comment was on a thread partly bemoaning Scotland's lack of success in Europe over the last decade or so, to the point now where there's every chance 3 of our 4 teams will be out of Europe before the league season even starts ....... That's bloody bad enough without folk belittling the achievement of one of our few clubs who actually have won a European competition and who beat arguably the world's biggest and most famous club to do it.

Short of summer football I cant see what we are going to do about Scotland's woeful European record over the last 10 years .... You only have to look at the upsurge in the fortunes of Irish football, a league full of clubs who can only dream of the resources available to our top clubs, over the last few years to conclude that having a load of competitive games under your belt as you approach the early European rounds does make a difference ...........Unfortunately in this country and especially with football 'its aye been' sadly always seems to trump 'what could be'

Both the Luxembourgers and that team last night were or are in pre season. The season only finished a matter of weeks ago. I'm not in the Summer football being the answer to be honest. I just think the standard has dipped and elsewhere in general it's better. Even internationally there are few real doings handed out.

Andy74
14-07-2017, 11:08 AM
One major reason Scots clubs are so pish in Europe is most Scottish teams are effectively dismantled at the end of each season - so that the team's competing in Europe are usually bereft of many of the talented players that got them there. That's certainly been the case every time Hibs have made Europe over the last 20 years or so with the noteable exception of last year when the core of the team that won the cup was maintained and came within a baw hair of knocking out a very decent Brondby side.

Correct and an added problem on top of the fitness and match sharpness issue, particularly against teams who have started their season.

They've already got their transfers in place and settled in - we usually play these games when we've still go two months of the window open and hardy anyone in the door yet.

Iggy Pope
14-07-2017, 12:28 PM
I see Progres were beaten at home by AEL.
One can only hope that hundreds of Huns took a punt on cheap flights to Cyprus for the 2nd leg when that draw was made.

14-07-2017, 12:39 PM

I'm sure they celebrated it at the time - to put stars on your shirt 20 years after the fact is embarrassing.

Ozyhibby
14-07-2017, 12:45 PM
The teams we are losing to have tiny budgets, so it's not the quality of our players that's the problem or we could just buy all their players. It's because we are not preparing properly for the games. Aberdeen only got back to training two weeks ago. We really need to rethink our calendar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Smartie
14-07-2017, 12:46 PM
The Cup Winners Cup was a very decent competition back in the day. No way should anyone be scoffing at a team for winning that.

Modern European competition isn't a patch on it.

The Champions League is an over-rated self-preservation society. In many ways I actually prefer the Europa League - real teams who I am sure actually appreciate the fact that they are playing in Europe, until the whole thing is ruined by the rejects from the self-preservation society getting parachuted in to win it at the end.

I don't think the abject performance of our clubs in Europe truly reflect how good or bad we are - I think we're miles better than these results suggest. We do so badly because the games start at a time when our clubs are hopelessly under-prepared to be playing competitive football. The only thing that I could see changing that would be to change the time our season begins and ends at.

I don't think these teams who have been getting good results against Rangers, Aberdeen and St Johnstone would get anything like as good results against them in November.

hibbysam
14-07-2017, 12:53 PM
Both the Luxembourgers and that team last night were or are in pre season. The season only finished a matter of weeks ago. I'm not in the Summer football being the answer to be honest. I just think the standard has dipped and elsewhere in general it's better. Even internationally there are few real doings handed out.

That may be true, but all it does is even out the tie, where Scottish teams should be well ahead in terms of ability, as seen in pre season friendlies it totally evens up the tie.

I'm not advocating "Summer football" as such, but I would like our season to start much earlier, and finish in March. This would mean far more coverage for our national game when the English league is off, and also give our teams a far greater chance when it comes to Europe. It makes no sense at all to carry on without trying to change anything.

davhibby
14-07-2017, 12:54 PM
The teams we are losing to have tiny budgets, so it's not the quality of our players that's the problem or we could just buy all their players. It's because we are not preparing properly for the games. Aberdeen only got back to training two weeks ago. We really need to rethink our calendar.

The team they were playing are at exactly the same stage. It's not an excuse. All you have to do is look at the attendance we got last week and the sales for tomorrow to see how bad summer football would be

ancient hibee
14-07-2017, 12:56 PM
But the team that humiliated Rangers are at exactly the same stage of their season as Rangers.

Ozyhibby
14-07-2017, 12:57 PM
Clubs should also consider running players contacts through to the end of July so that players won't be leaving until the first couple of games are out the way.

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
14-07-2017, 01:32 PM
I'm sure they celebrated it at the time - to put stars on your shirt 20 years after the fact is embarrassing.

I respectfully disagree, its not embarrassing in the slightest.

greenlex
14-07-2017, 03:11 PM
Clubs should also consider running players contacts through to the end of July so that players won't be leaving until the first couple of games are out the way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Players won't sign those types of contract. It's not really in their interests.

Billy Whizz
14-07-2017, 04:22 PM
Linfield 0-1 Celtic, Sinclair

Loads of empty seats at the stadium

Billy Whizz
14-07-2017, 04:25 PM
2-0 now

greenlex
14-07-2017, 04:53 PM
Any bonfires or that?

steakbake
14-07-2017, 04:56 PM
Linfield 0-1 Celtic, Sinclair

Loads of empty seats at the stadium

Good. After the disgraceful scenes this week in NI, I hope he bags a hat trick and kills them as a club.

Hibernia&Alba
14-07-2017, 04:59 PM
I would normally enjoy an Old Firm European humiliation, but it's Linfield, so I hope Celtic hit double figures on aggregate.

lord bunberry
14-07-2017, 05:22 PM
Griffiths gets pelted with buckfast bottles and the ref books him for time wasting. I've seen it all now.

blackpoolhibs
14-07-2017, 05:24 PM
Griffiths get pelted with buckfast bottles and the ref books him for time wasting. I've seen it all now.

I'd love to see just what the ref puts in his book for that?

Absolutely crazy decision, and the ref should be taken to task over that.

The Tubs
14-07-2017, 05:24 PM
Sparky just got a yellow for showing the ref the Bucky bottle that was thrown at his heid. When did les Mottram come out of retirement?

Hibernia&Alba
14-07-2017, 05:28 PM
Sparky just got a yellow for showing the ref the Bucky bottle that was thrown at his heid. When did les Mottram come out of retirement?

Linfield will be hammered by UEFA for that kind of thing.

silverhibee
14-07-2017, 05:31 PM
Griffiths gets pelted with buckfast bottles and the ref books him for time wasting. I've seen it all now.

The corner before it Griffths made a 5-1 gesture and it didn't go down well with the buckie mob behind him. :greengrin

The Tubs
14-07-2017, 05:32 PM
I actually had a dream last night that we played celtc in a cup semi final next year and sparky scored an og winner for hibs as well as being absolutely terrible the rest of the game. Me and my mates had to take him into hiding after. Very entertaining.

NAE NOOKIE
14-07-2017, 05:37 PM

The team they were playing are at exactly the same stage. It's not an excuse. All you have to do is look at the attendance we got last week and the sales for tomorrow to see how bad summer football would be

Right, so both teams were under prepared ........... if then St Johnstone, Aberdeen and Sevco had been 7 or 8 games into their league season does it not then follow that their chances of beating the teams they were up against who hadn't started their seasons yet would have been much higher, I cant see how the logic of that can be open to debate.

If not summer football, then at least an earlier start surely gives us an advantage over teams who haven't started their seasons yet and at least a better chance against those who are already into their season .... I mean I know Scottish football isn't up to what it was in the 80s, but even accepting that don't tell me that the reason Celtic were beaten by a Gibraltar pub team and Sevco lost to a team from a country the size of Edinburgh was because Lincoln Red Imps and Progres have better teams than they do or the technical ability of players and coaches in Gibraltar and Luxembourg is higher than Scotland's two biggest football clubs can employ.

lord bunberry
14-07-2017, 05:41 PM
I'd love to see just what the ref puts in his book for that?

Absolutely crazy decision, and the ref should be taken to task over that.

I know, I couldn't believe when I saw it. It will be interesting to hear what Rodgers has to say after the game.
Is that Pat Fenlon doing the commentary?

greenlex
14-07-2017, 05:44 PM
Right, so both teams were under prepared ........... if then St Johnstone, Aberdeen and Sevco had been 7 or 8 games into their league season does it not then follow that their chances of beating the teams they were up against who hadn't started their seasons yet would have been much higher, I cant see how the logic of that can be open to debate.

If not summer football, then at least an earlier start surely gives us an advantage over teams who haven't started their seasons yet and at least a better chance against those who are already into their season .... I mean I know Scottish football isn't up to what it was in the 80s, but even accepting that don't tell me that the reason Celtic were beaten by a Gibraltar pub team and Sevco lost to a team from a country the size of Edinburgh was because Lincoln Red Imps and Progres have better teams than they do or the technical ability of players and coaches in Gibraltar and Luxembourg is higher than Scotland's two biggest football clubs can employ.

If both teams are at the same stage of readiness and we are still going out to relative unknowns then it's more than just the stage of the season that's a factor. It's that simple. I think the old firm results (albeit Celtic did go through) is far more to do with complacency than anything else.

blackpoolhibs
14-07-2017, 05:46 PM
I know, I couldn't believe when I saw it. It will be interesting to hear what Rodgers has to say after the game.
Is that Pat Fenlon doing the commentary?

I think it is Pat Fenlon. :agree:

Hibby D
14-07-2017, 05:49 PM
I think it is Pat Fenlon. :agree:

He sounds more Irish than he did when he was at Hibs :greengrin

snooky
14-07-2017, 05:52 PM
The corner before it Griffths made a 5-1 gesture and it didn't go down well with the buckie mob behind him. :greengrin

I bet the Yams would love a snapshot of that for their Cup Final Book of Remembrance :stirrer:

silverhibee
14-07-2017, 05:56 PM
Riot Police in the ground.

BullsCloseHibs
14-07-2017, 05:57 PM
Leigh gets booked for complaint about whiskey bottle thrown at him. WTF!!!

MichaelTheCelt
14-07-2017, 06:13 PM
Leigh really does hate the Huns.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DEtuxvqXoAA8NFX?format=jpg&name=small

HibbyKeith
14-07-2017, 06:15 PM
Decent starting 11 for Newcastle tonight.

NUFC v Them : Elliot, Clark, Lascelles (c), Mbemba, Haďdara, Aarons, Shelvey, Diamé, Atsu, De Jong, Gayle.

NUFC subs: Woodman, Gámez, Hanley, Dummett, Lazaar, Lejeune, Colback, Saivet, Armstrong, Pérez, Mitrović

Smartie
14-07-2017, 06:19 PM

NUFC v Them : Elliot, Clark, Lascelles (c), Mbemba, Haďdara, Aarons, Shelvey, Diamé, Atsu, De Jong, Gayle.

NUFC subs: Woodman, Gámez, Hanley, Dummett, Lazaar, Lejeune, Colback, Saivet, Armstrong, Pérez, Mitrović

A few folk in the golden era thread referred to the fact that they struggle to recognise current players playing for other teams.

I'm quite into my fitba, but of a "decent" Newcastle team I only recognise 3 names.

I was the same with Sunderland last week.

Pretty Boy
14-07-2017, 06:21 PM
Linfield will be hammered by UEFA for that kind of thing.

Huns without the ferry fare.

Pretty Boy
14-07-2017, 06:23 PM

Delighted to see Rob Elliot back. Hopefully a 4 or 5 goal pumping for the neighbours tonight.

BullsCloseHibs
14-07-2017, 06:27 PM
Leigh really does hate the Huns.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DEtuxvqXoAA8NFX?format=jpg&name=small

... And he's hated by them because he is a good player.

Nice touch though Leigh 😁

HibbyKeith
14-07-2017, 06:33 PM
A few folk in the golden era thread referred to the fact that they struggle to recognise current players playing for other teams.

I'm quite into my fitba, but of a "decent" Newcastle team I only recognise 3 names.

I was the same with Sunderland last week.

Other than De Jong and Aarons all of the newcastle starting team tonight featured heavily during last season's championship campaign.

as did Dummett, Colback, Perez & Mitrovic who are all on the bench. New Ł8.7m signing Lejeune is also on the bench, so it's a decent team they have taken to tynie.

greenlex
14-07-2017, 06:34 PM
Let's hope they give them a good pumping.

Billy Whizz
14-07-2017, 06:37 PM
Ayr v Kilmarnock about to start on BT sport 1

Hermit Crab
14-07-2017, 06:42 PM
Ayr v Kilmarnock about to start on BT sport 1

Thanks for the reminder. :aok:

lord bunberry
14-07-2017, 06:47 PM
Cracking crowd at this game. I didn't even know it was on.

JohnM1875
14-07-2017, 06:52 PM
Hearts 0 - 1 Newcastle 4 minutes in :hmmm::hmmm:

silverhibee
14-07-2017, 06:53 PM
Thanks for the reminder. :aok:

haha tramps

greenlex
14-07-2017, 06:53 PM

Pleasing

Joe6-2
14-07-2017, 06:56 PM

Let's have lots more!!!

AlbertK86
14-07-2017, 06:59 PM
Let's have lots more!!!

7 😳😳

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

dmc1875
14-07-2017, 07:00 PM

I'm watching it their defence looks terrible. So slow could be three or four by now. Newcastle cracked the bar after a minute too

Hermit Crab
14-07-2017, 07:00 PM
0-1 Newcastle, Dwight Gayle. 3

dmc1875
14-07-2017, 07:06 PM
Jamie walker with the dive. Penalty hearts

Isma blasts it high!

Joe6-2
14-07-2017, 07:06 PM
Jamie walker with the dive. Penalty hearts

Some things never change

Hermit Crab
14-07-2017, 07:07 PM
1-1 Walker.

matty_f
14-07-2017, 07:07 PM
1-1 now. Disappointing.

dmc1875
14-07-2017, 07:10 PM
Looking at Newcastle they really need to strengthen if they want to stay in the EPL. They have Dwight Gayle up front and Jonjo Shelvey but not much else

lord bunberry
14-07-2017, 07:11 PM
What channel is the hearts game on?

Hermit Crab
14-07-2017, 07:12 PM
1-1 now. Disappointing.

Its only a friendly mind. My mate at the game has posted that he seen Caxinha outside Tynecastle, he's not one for bulls**t. No doubt looking at Walker. I expect Der Hun to come back in for him.

dmc1875
14-07-2017, 07:12 PM
Its only a friendly mind. My mate at the game has posted that he seen Caxinha outside Tynecastle, he's not one for bulls**t. No doubt looking at Walker. I expect Der Hun to come back in for him.

He's a cut above the rest of them. They must be dreading if he leaves

B.H.F.C
14-07-2017, 07:13 PM
1-1 Walker.

Really hope they lose him.

dmc1875
14-07-2017, 07:13 PM
2-1 Newcastle hearts look terrible from crosses. Free header every time ball goes in the box

silverhibee
14-07-2017, 07:14 PM
Why does Griffiths tie Celtc scarves to goal posts ?

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/1286190/celtic-linfield-riot-police-windsor-park-roy-mcgivern-missiles-leigh-griffiths-invader/

Hermit Crab
14-07-2017, 07:15 PM
1-2 the toon. Jonjo Shelvey

matty_f
14-07-2017, 07:16 PM

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/1286190/celtic-linfield-riot-police-windsor-park-roy-mcgivern-missiles-leigh-griffiths-invader/
He only recently learned how to do knots and he likes the practice.

Scooter
14-07-2017, 07:17 PM
Sounds like defence struggling to cope with pace.

HibbyKeith
14-07-2017, 07:19 PM
Aarons hits the bar for the 2nd time tonight with a dink that almost catched out Hamilton.

dmc1875
14-07-2017, 07:20 PM
Sounds like defence struggling to cope with pace.

Really, really struggling. A striker with pace and Boyle running at them would be interesting

Newcastle hit the bar again

dmc1875
14-07-2017, 07:21 PM
Conclaves smacks the post with a 25 yarder

silverhibee
14-07-2017, 07:26 PM
He only recently learned how to do knots and he likes the practice.

Fairly coming on so he is.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Celtic_button_knot

lord bunberry
14-07-2017, 07:27 PM
1-0 Ayr

Hermit Crab
14-07-2017, 07:29 PM
1-0 Ayr, Andy Geggan

Brightside
14-07-2017, 07:29 PM
Killie look shocking.

Hermit Crab
14-07-2017, 07:31 PM
Killie look shocking.

The need a few players to boost their squad. Up top, bar Boyd they are howling.

lord bunberry
Killie look shocking.
I know, Ayr have been all over them.

GreenNWhiteArmy
Other than the obvious nonsense North/South split I don't get the disliking for the new league cup format.

There's a derby in Ayr tonight and this adds a competitive nature to pre season as opposed to the meaningless games usually played.

Looking forward to our game tomorrow

Sir David Gray
14-07-2017, 07:33 PM
1-0 Ayr

Brightside
14-07-2017, 07:34 PM
The need a few players to boost their squad. Up top, bar Boyd they are howling.

They are just lumping balls up to Boyd....and he is finished.

Hermit Crab
14-07-2017, 07:34 PM
Other than the obvious nonsense North/South split I don't get the disliking for the new league cup format.

There's a derby in Ayr tonight and this adds a competitive nature to pre season as opposed to the meaningless games usually played.

Looking forward to our game tomorrow

You don't think its wrong that we get put in a group wit teams that are 50+ miles away form us except Alloa? Dingwall on a Friday night, right then. Really good system that. Even Hearts are the same, Elgin away on a Tuesday night. Its wrong.

Hermit Crab
14-07-2017, 07:35 PM
They are just lumping balls up to Boyd....and he is finished.

They've been getting away with relegation for years now, perhaps this will be the season they finally go down.

GreenNWhiteArmy
14-07-2017, 07:38 PM
You don't think its wrong that we get put in a group wit teams that are 50+ miles away form us except Alloa? Dingwall on a Friday night, right then. Really good system that. Even Hearts are the same, Elgin away on a Tuesday night. Its wrong.

We could be playing them during the season on a Tues night so what's the difference here? We'd travel down south absolutely no problem for a "glamour" friendly for the sesh.

Making out as if we've got to hike across the desert on a camel - it's Scotland ffs!

Pretty Boy
14-07-2017, 07:38 PM
They've been getting away with relegation for years now, perhaps this will be the season they finally go down.

Would love to see them go down. Boyds celebration in front of the FF stand when he scored the goal to stick us in the play off still gets my back up.

Seeing that fat hun end his career with a relegation would be sweet.

GreenNWhiteArmy
14-07-2017, 07:40 PM

Hopefully. Them or Motherwell

Bostonhibby
14-07-2017, 07:41 PM

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/1286190/celtic-linfield-riot-police-windsor-park-roy-mcgivern-missiles-leigh-griffiths-invader/The lesser greens won't let him do it with a Hibernian scarf?

He'll see the light again....

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

blackpoolhibs
14-07-2017, 07:52 PM
Kilmarnock have a decent crowd there tonight.

Hermit Crab
14-07-2017, 07:56 PM
Kilmarnock have a decent crowd there tonight.

Roughly 3000.

Sir David Gray
14-07-2017, 08:00 PM

If there's going to be a geographical split it should be east/west.

There's not enough teams in the north to make it worthwhile doing a north/south split.

lord bunberry
14-07-2017, 08:02 PM
If there's going to be a geographical split it should be east/west.

There's not enough teams in the north to make it worthwhile doing a north/south split.
They should do north, south, east and west. Loads of local derbies to get things started.

Iggy Pope
14-07-2017, 08:06 PM
There's no need for any sort of split. Complaints about a 50 mile journey are laughable. It is nowt and something that has been easily navigated for decades and decades.
If we're not happy with treks to the Highlands, then punt those clubs back to the Highland leagues!

Hermit Crab
14-07-2017, 08:31 PM
There's no need for any sort of split. Complaints about a 50 mile journey are laughable. It is nowt and something that has been easily navigated for decades and decades.
If we're not happy with treks to the Highlands, then punt those clubs back to the Highland leagues!

You're missing the point. Its about the bull**** regionalisation the SPFL introduced. I'm sorry but Edinburgh to Dingwall is not regional.

Iggy Pope
14-07-2017, 08:36 PM
You're missing the point. Its about the bull**** regionalisation the SPFL introduced. I'm sorry but Edinburgh to Dingwall is not regional.

I'm not really and I never said it was.
I said there was no need for a split. You narked about the 50 mile thing which made me laugh as trips to Strathclyde, Tayside etc are nothing new and hardly challenging.

A country the size of ours needs no regional split and hasn't needed one since the war.

.Sean.
14-07-2017, 08:37 PM
I get what people are saying about it being farcical we are out in a regional pot with a side from Dingwal but if truth be told, a 3-hour journey isn't much, it's par for the course for most teams down south and some are substantially longer every other week. We're spoiled with most of our games being from other clubs also from the central belt.

davhibby
14-07-2017, 08:40 PM
When most of the teams in the country play in the central belt there's always going to be a couple of teams that lose out with the regionalisation, if there were more regions used you'd just end up with the same teams playing each other every single season