PDA

View Full Version : Tony Andreau

thebausburst
13-07-2017, 05:14 PM
Really surprised we've not moved for Tony Andreau, Lenny a fan as we saw during his punditry for BT, great golascoring midiflder, within our budget you would imagine, surplus to requirements at Norwich as was running out for U23's yesterday - he scored twice.

alihibs1
13-07-2017, 05:15 PM
Very good player but u would prefer Hendo

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

supermcginn
13-07-2017, 05:23 PM
Was completely anonymous in the playoffs, says it all about him. Not got the desire we need

Nicho87
13-07-2017, 05:28 PM
Don't rate him

CRAZYHIBBY
13-07-2017, 05:35 PM
Naw fanks

MWHIBBIES
13-07-2017, 05:36 PM
Was completely anonymous in the playoffs, says it all about him. Not got the desire we needVery specific thing to use to write off a player. Cummings was anonymous in our playoff campaign in 2016. Did he lack the desire we need?

thebausburst
13-07-2017, 05:43 PM
15 goals last season says it all for me, don't see how anyone can say that's not good enough for us :rolleyes:

Centre Hawf
13-07-2017, 05:43 PM
I wasn't fussed a while back when discussing this with my pals. But as this windows went on and we need a midfielder who can put it in the net im happy to take him tbh.

yonder1875
13-07-2017, 06:16 PM
Would take him.

lord bunberry
13-07-2017, 06:23 PM
He's never impressed me anytime I've seen him play, which admittedly isn't that often. His stats look good though.

makaveli1875
13-07-2017, 06:31 PM
He scored more goals than our entire midfield combined last season and was only a couple short of cummings total

He's mince right enough :rolleyes:

Aldo
13-07-2017, 07:56 PM
15 goals last season says it all for me, don't see how anyone can say that's not good enough for us :rolleyes:

Yeah that was in the championship. We have signed DS who scored the same amount in Premier League.

No brainer!

Heisenberg
13-07-2017, 07:59 PM
Yeah that was in the championship. We have signed DS who scored the same amount in Premier League.

No brainer!

They play in different positions though? Andreu scores goals. Based on his return last season he could be worth a shot. He wasn't brilliant vs us to be fair.

brianmc
13-07-2017, 08:05 PM
I wasn't fussed a while back when discussing this with my pals. But as this windows went on and we need a midfielder who can put it in the net im happy to take him tbh.

Not a dig at you CH but a general question to those that rate Andreau: who's place in the team do you see him taking?
Swanson? Bartley? McGeough? McGinn?
He's never impressed me enough when I've seen him play to come remotely close to forcing his way in ahead of that 4.

makaveli1875
13-07-2017, 08:09 PM
Not a dig at you CH but a general question to those that rate Andreau: who's place in the team do you see him taking?
He's never impressed me enough when I've seen him play to come remotely close to forcing his way in ahead of that 4.

he can step into mcgeouchs place when he inevitably gets injured

brianmc
13-07-2017, 08:15 PM
he can step into mcgeouchs place when he inevitably gets injured

No need to guess if you're a glass half empty/half full type - but my initial point stands. Having seen Andreau in the games he's played against us I've never once thought "Wow!! That guy's amazing. I wish we could sign him"
I have however thought "**** me, cannae believe he got a move down south on big bucks-he's bang average"

Aldo
13-07-2017, 08:16 PM
They play in different positions though? Andreu scores goals. Based on his return last season he could be worth a shot. He wasn't brilliant vs us to be fair.

They do but I'd rather we spent the wages on Henderson.

His return was good but think we can do better!

Albanian Hibs
13-07-2017, 09:12 PM
Yes please

allezsauzee
13-07-2017, 09:16 PM
Meh! Barely noticed him in games against us so I wouldn't be overly excited about this

DTS
13-07-2017, 09:52 PM
He's never stood out to me against us although his goal tally at Hamilton and United are impressive. I'd imagine the only reason he didn't stand out against us last year is purely because of how much better as a team we were than united

SirDavidsNapper
13-07-2017, 11:02 PM
He doesn't strike me as the kind of player who would give 100% in an Edinburgh derby say. He has talent but I'd rather Andreau was a Hearts signing and not a Hibs one.

The Harp Awakes
13-07-2017, 11:14 PM
Was completely anonymous in the playoffs, says it all about him. Not got the desire we need

Well he was far from anonymous in the playoffs against us for Hamilton when we were relegated, scoring the goal which all but doomed us.

A classy player who lost his way a bit at Dundee United. They were a shambles last season though so don't judge him on that. Would be a great addition to the squad.

overdrive
13-07-2017, 11:18 PM
He didn't impress me last season. He did score a lot of goals but he was played out of position as a lone striker for much of last season which perhaps explains that.

Dundee Hibee
13-07-2017, 11:19 PM
He actually scored 19 goals last season and was the Arabs top scorer.

Delboy4
13-07-2017, 11:46 PM
Livingston to Hamilton and then got a great move to Norwich probably to do with Neil going as manager ( part of the deal ) so Hamilton made money.
On loan to clubs down South and being not good enough he's ended up back in Dundee

Also his partner is John Collins daughter so most likely moves have been initiated through " it's who you know " kind of thing!!

Not a player for me as not good enough for Hibs

I just don't think he is better than what we've got

pacorosssco
14-07-2017, 12:13 AM
Livingston to Hamilton and then got a great move to Norwich probably to do with Neil going as manager ( part of the deal ) so Hamilton made money.
On loan to clubs down South and being not good enough he's ended up back in Dundee

Also his partner is John Collins daughter so most likely moves have been initiated through " it's who you know " kind of thing!!

I just don't think he is better than what we've got

Imagine JC as inlaw. Xmas dinners of salad and stomach crunches. Summer holidays at boot camp and that just to keep up with her:)

bigwheel
14-07-2017, 05:37 AM
This guy scored almost as many goals last season as Cummings - from midfield, yet some here say he isn't good enough for us - madness!

thebausburst
14-07-2017, 05:54 AM
This guy scored almost as many goals last season as Cummings - from midfield, yet some here say he isn't good enough for us - madness!

I will be VERY surprised if we're not in for him before end of the window.

bigwheel
14-07-2017, 06:13 AM
I will be VERY surprised if we're not in for him before end of the window.

Hope you are right ..think he would be a great addition [emoji106]

green day
14-07-2017, 06:14 AM
Hope you are right ..think he would be a great addition [emoji106]

With, or instead of Henderson?

bigwheel
14-07-2017, 06:44 AM
With, or instead of Henderson?

Henderson is my dream signing ..I'd forgo Andreu for Hendo back [emoji109][emoji106]

Keyser Sauzee
14-07-2017, 07:23 AM
Are we even linked with him anymore?? Pointless thread if not

BSEJVT
14-07-2017, 07:31 AM
Are we even linked with him anymore?? Pointless thread if not

I don't agree that it is a pointless thread

The speculation of who we might or might not sign is the essence of any transfer window and used to sustain many folk through the non football months before folk started using such threads to complain baselessly about the clubs actions or perceived lack thereof.

Where it becomes pointless is where the thread goes of at a tangent and folk start pontificating about things they know f all about to do so.

Geo_1875
14-07-2017, 10:11 AM
If Norwich release him then fine but not a player I'd spend money on.

MWHIBBIES
14-07-2017, 10:38 AM

I just don't think he is better than what we've gotYou think it is more likely his transfers have come through nepotism than him scoring a lot of goals from midfield?

Brightside
14-07-2017, 10:57 AM
He was rubbish when he played against us.

Andy74
14-07-2017, 11:04 AM
He was rubbish when he played against us.

He was, but I think he was excellent when Hamilton put us down and exactly the type of goal scoring midfielder we've missed for some time.

Despite not looking great against us he scored a lot of goals last year so he still does something right in that respect.

I think Lennon likes him but no idea of his availability.

Centre Hawf
14-07-2017, 12:43 PM

Its a fair question. Lennon clearly sees mileage in a McGinn/Bartley combo with 2 forwards but ultimately I wouldn't be against us playing 1 up top with Bartley behind of McGinn and either McGeouch or Andreu. I rate McGeouch as a better player but I think Andreu's eye for goal could help us out over the season. It gives us an option and in my opinion would be a similar but cheaper signing to what Luke Berry was going to be.

That being said the priority for me would be a goalscoring striker but a goalscoring midfielder wouldn't hurt eiter.

eastcoasthibby
14-07-2017, 06:34 PM
We need options not always direct replacements ...Andreu would fit the bill as a good option in our line up ...we talk about McGeoch being missing possibly through injury, I personally am hoping that we play quite a few games without Bartley as I think he restricts the pace of our game, so as I said Andrei or Sibbald or Crawford or Henderson or anyone will give us midfield options ...we need more decent quality into our SQUAD !!

eastmainsmsh
14-07-2017, 09:32 PM
Danny handling for me could play in behind the strikers he has had a terrible time some things are worth persevering a talented lad

ian cruise
14-07-2017, 09:36 PM
Danny handling for me could play in behind the strikers he has had a terrible time some things are worth persevering a talented lad

I wholeheartedly agree. He has shown in glimpses he's got potential and can score goals, he won't be on a big wage so give him a year as long as he knows he's not first pick and needs to force his way in to the team and if he's up for it, don't force him out.

Andy74
14-07-2017, 09:42 PM
I wholeheartedly agree. He has shown in glimpses he's got potential and can score goals, he won't be on a big wage so give him a year as long as he knows he's not first pick and needs to force his way in to the team and if he's up for it, don't force him out.

For how many years do we allow this to go on?

I mean we've had better players who've only played a handful of games who've been widely classed as total duds.

ian cruise
14-07-2017, 09:47 PM
For how many years do we allow this to go on?

I mean we've had better players who've only played a handful of games who've been widely classed as total duds.

I fully understand why some who say it's time to move him however I just feel that he's never had a chance to kick on. Sam has been fit and just hasn't been able to get in to the team. Danny has been injured most of his first team career. I'm probably just being a bit of a green tinted optimist and hoping one of our promising youngsters still makes it even though it looks like his time has come and gone.

Heisenberg
14-07-2017, 11:15 PM

Danny Handling isn't good enough to play for Hibernian at this level. Sad but true.

SirDavidsNapper
14-07-2017, 11:17 PM
Danny Handling isn't good enough to play for Hibernian at this level. Sad but true.

Correct

Libby Hibby
15-07-2017, 06:23 AM
I think the modern game is all about quality of squad, so, with that in mind, I'd take him as would improve our squad.

brog
15-07-2017, 06:57 AM

That's only your opinion. I may share that opinion but as he hasn't played for 2 years & only started 26 league games in 6 years I'm not sure how anyone can give a considered assessment of his current ability. NL has almost certainly never seen him play a competitive match. AS gave him a 4 year contract & Danny H is still only 23. I do believe the League Cup gives NL an opportunity to properly determine whether Danny could add something to the squad.

bigwheel
15-07-2017, 07:14 AM

Neil Lennon sees him every day in training , and has concluded he won't get
Much game time

Heisenberg
15-07-2017, 07:46 AM
That's only your opinion. I may share that opinion but as he hasn't played for 2 years & only started 26 league games in 6 years I'm not sure how anyone can give a considered assessment of his current ability. NL has almost certainly never seen him play a competitive match. AS gave him a 4 year contract & Danny H is still only 23. I do believe the League Cup gives NL an opportunity to properly determine whether Danny could add something to the squad.

NL sees him every day in training and will have seen him in plenty 20s games to conclude that he doesn't think he's up to it. Same with Stanton. Of course there's a desire to see our own academy players make it with Hibs but I don't see it with those two. Neither does NL apparently.

Centre Hawf
15-07-2017, 08:35 AM
If the decision was mine to make I would give Danny a shot for a few games behind the striker and tell him to just enjoy himself and focus. He's not had a chance in two years nearly and he scored on his return on Tuesday. I completley understand why people want him moved on and would half agree if he was. But theres just something in me that wants to give this laddie one last roll of the dice and I think the League Cup could be great for him.