PDA

View Full Version : Sjm

hughio
13-07-2017, 01:46 PM
How good was John McGinn against Sunderland?

So composed and strong.Looked really fit.
2 great passes for the goals.

Praying we can keep him:pray:

hibees 7062
13-07-2017, 01:52 PM
How good was John McGinn against Sunderland?

So composed and strong.Looked really fit.
2 great passes for the goals.

Praying we can keep him:pray:

Lennon said he won't be selling him to anyone :thumbsup:

https://stv.tv/amp/1393441-efe-ambro...to-hibs-after/ (https://stv.tv/amp/1393441-efe-ambrose-returns-to-hibs-after/)

Roxyhibee
13-07-2017, 02:29 PM
I like many of us, pretty much knew that either Cummings or SJM would go to allow the club a cash-in and give Lennon some transfer purchase.

Not both - highly doubt McGinn will be going anywhere this summer unless ridiculous money is offered.

He's going to be worth a lot of money to us when he finally does.

Geo_1875
13-07-2017, 02:34 PM
I know it was only a pre-season kick about but McGinn showed he could mix it with decent players. Sunderland got relegated but these were the kind players who regularly get punted for £5-10 million in England. He made some of them look rather ordinary.

yonder1875
13-07-2017, 02:54 PM
Hypothetically, if we kept him this summer but for only one season - would you be happy with that?

I think I would as he would help us secure a decent return season in the prem whilst flourishing against better players and in bigger games (which I really think he will) and we are offered double the money this time next year.

GreenNWhiteArmy
13-07-2017, 02:56 PM
Give him a new contract now. Even for a year, he deserves to be near the top of our wage bracket and means we'll get top dollar next summer.

Massive improvement needed from last year's form and could do with adding goals if he wants to have a go down south but what a talent the boy is

ancient hibee
13-07-2017, 05:42 PM
Now that Celtic have paid £4.5M for their new midfielder they've established a starting figure in that market.

where'stheslope
13-07-2017, 05:54 PM
Now that Celtic have paid £4.5M for their new midfielder they've established a starting figure in that market.

Love your logic, but the figure are from outside Scotland to here, SJM is from Scotland so vast difference in starting price I'm afraid.

After his injuries in mid-season he is now back to looking good and a season in the Premiership will up his price if he starts scoring regularly then its good for both himself and Hibs monetary wise.

Best thing is the club to try and resign him on better money, which means a better situation for both party's should other clubs come sniffing!

erin go bragh
13-07-2017, 05:59 PM
Pendant alert . It's SJM .
Lennon has just said SJM is not for sale .

blackpoolhibs
13-07-2017, 06:06 PM
I'd like us to give him a new contract on a higher wage, but not one with a clause in it that lets him go for a set amount.

Maybe going against the grain here, but i'd sell him now if it meant £3-4m, he's worth that although i'd settle for Henderson and £3m from the smellies.

What will he be worth next season if he has a great season with only 1 year left on his contract? :confused:

hughio
13-07-2017, 06:42 PM

A thousand pardons great Pedant! I tried to edit and correct
to capitals but couldn't alter the chosen heading😞

JeMeSouviens
13-07-2017, 07:28 PM

Hoist by your own pentard there. :wink:

sleeping giant
13-07-2017, 08:09 PM
Is he not in the last year of his contract?

Mr Grieves
13-07-2017, 08:12 PM
Is he not in the last year of his contract?

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/john-mcginn-signs-four-year-deal-with-hibernian-1-3846067

Contract ends 2019

jacomo
13-07-2017, 09:02 PM
I'd like us to give him a new contract on a higher wage, but not one with a clause in it that lets him go for a set amount.

Maybe going against the grain here, but i'd sell him now if it meant £3-4m, he's worth that although i'd settle for Henderson and £3m from the smellies.

What will he be worth next season if he has a great season with only 1 year left on his contract? :confused:

100% keep him this season even if he doesn't sign another contract.

He's a key player for us and all the more important to keep some consistency as we've lost so many strikers.

It would take a massive offer to persuade me otherwise and as far as I'm aware nothing like £4m is on the table. :confused: