PDA

View Full Version : Gary mackay Stevens

Earlydelivery
12-07-2017, 05:43 PM
Just signed for dons 2yr contract

madhatter
12-07-2017, 05:44 PM

Was it announced at 5pm? If not, it's void.

RoxburghHibs
12-07-2017, 05:49 PM

That's a fantastic signing for them 😑

Bob1875
12-07-2017, 06:04 PM
Why can they attract much better players than us?

HappyAsHellas
12-07-2017, 06:06 PM

Who is he much better than?

thebausburst
12-07-2017, 06:08 PM
Who is he much better than?

Everyone!

Lago
12-07-2017, 06:09 PM
You goot beaten to the scoop:greengrin

Nakedmanoncrack
12-07-2017, 06:11 PM
Decent player, will be a good signing, only adds to our disappointment (to date).

HappyAsHellas
12-07-2017, 06:11 PM
Last time I saw him was in a semi final last season and he was utterly dire. Perhaps you can enlighten us to his recent world beating performances, and which league they were played in. How many games since he went to the smellies? If we'd signed him you'd be complaining about a player who isn't match fit.

Zazu62
12-07-2017, 06:14 PM
Aberdeen looking very strong

Callum_62
12-07-2017, 06:14 PM
Last time I saw him was in a semi final last season and he was utterly dire. Perhaps you can enlighten us to his recent world beating performances, and which league they were played in. How many games since he went to the smellies? If we'd signed him you'd be complaining about a player who isn't match fit.

GMS or Pennent?

SlickShoes
12-07-2017, 06:15 PM

They have been 2nd place in the SPL for the last few years, they have a fairly settled squad, comitted manager that's been there for years and he's very likely to get game time based on who they have lost.

HappyAsHellas
12-07-2017, 06:18 PM
GMS or Pennent?

Pennent was with the smellies????

hfc rd
12-07-2017, 06:20 PM

He is better than the wingers we currently have. Doubt we'd be complaining if he signed for us. If you're saying how many games did he play for Celtic then that's like saying how many games did Riordan play for them before we signed him in 08?

thebausburst
12-07-2017, 06:20 PM
They have been 2nd place in the SPL for the last few years, they have a fairly settled squad, comitted manager that's been there for years and he's very likely to get game time based on who they have lost.

Record crowds, season ticket sales, Scottish Cup win, near 1m player sale all add up to should do better, agree window looked good early on but is really stalling now whereas Dons getting it done, I mean let's be honest the Whittaker saga is a joke Christ he's no exactly Messi, personally no even fussed for him

HappyAsHellas
12-07-2017, 06:22 PM
He is better than the wingers we currently have. Doubt we'd be complaining if he signed for us. If you're saying how many games did he play for Celtic then that's like saying how many games did Riordan play for them before we signed him in 08?

Someone else signs someone and he's a world beater - if we even look at someone he's gash before he's done anything. Trying to even things up a bit in our favour - an uphill struggle here just now.:aok:

GlesgaeHibby
12-07-2017, 06:23 PM
Can't see past the Dons for 2nd. Thought they may struggle after losing 3 key players in Jack, Hayes and McGinn and McInnes future unsure, but they've recruited well adding Stewart and GMS with McInnes staying. They've just tied down Joe Lewis and Shay Logan on new deals too, who are IMO the best Goalie and RB in the league.

Velma Dinkley
12-07-2017, 06:26 PM
Don't think GMS has even been capped for Scotland. Hardly kicked a ball since leaving Dundee United. Will be good for him to get some games under his belt.

Real Emerald
12-07-2017, 06:26 PM
Record crowds, season ticket sales, Scottish Cup win, near 1m player sale all add up to should do better, agree window looked good early on but is really stalling now whereas Dons getting it done, I mean let's be honest the Whittaker saga is a joke Christ he's no exactly Messi, personally no even fussed for him

Yes the Whitaker saga, Ambrose situation, Lafferty episode and the bizarre situation with Fyvie as well as the Berry mystery! If it was an isolated incident then fair enough but there are many strange happenings, or maybe there isn't, who knows 🙄

Brightside
12-07-2017, 06:35 PM
Twitter claiming he cost 150k. hahahahahahahahaha :greengrin

The Spaceman
12-07-2017, 06:43 PM
Another brilliant signing for Aberdeen. Sorry chaps but 2nd is theirs this year.

Lago
12-07-2017, 06:43 PM
Whittaker saga is a joke, not signed by now, should have been told deals off.

S4uzee
12-07-2017, 06:44 PM

How much was he then?

Velma Dinkley
12-07-2017, 06:45 PM
Another brilliant signing for Aberdeen. Sorry chaps but 2nd is theirs this year.

Aye, shame they've lost much better players.

JimboHibs
12-07-2017, 06:47 PM

Aye nae bother.

dchibs
12-07-2017, 06:57 PM

Surley if we were paying 250k for Chuck, We could have paid 150k for shaky.

hibernianyank
12-07-2017, 07:14 PM
If that's what Aberdeen is paying for GMS, Surely Hibs could get Hendo for a decent price?

SlickShoes
12-07-2017, 07:33 PM

Most of the things you mention don't matter if you are not a hibs fan, we have just been promoted after 3 seasons in the championship.

Velma Dinkley
12-07-2017, 07:35 PM
They all matter

BullsCloseHibs
12-07-2017, 08:58 PM

He's not even signed and it's already a boring story!
Clearly leaving his options open as he would have signed by now HAD HE REALLY WANTED TO.

Allez Hibs
12-07-2017, 09:09 PM
How the F*** can Hibs not sign him! Club is becomming a joke this transfer window.

hibsdaft
12-07-2017, 09:26 PM
How the F*** can Hibs not sign him! Club is becomming a joke this transfer window.

Neil Lennon left Celtic in 2014 and is still mates with folk who work at the club, folk who know things we aren't privy to. GMS has been at Celtic since 2015. Lennon has shown no interest in GMS.

Personally I trust the manager on this one.

CropleyWasGod
12-07-2017, 09:26 PM

I am maybe going out on a limb here, but perhaps he didn't want to sign for us. Perhaps, even, we didn't want him.

BSEJVT
12-07-2017, 09:31 PM
I don't see why everyone is getting so worked up over this, he is a substantial down grade on Jonny Hayes.

I would also rather have Boyle than GMS

Paisley Hibby
12-07-2017, 09:58 PM
Neil Lennon left Celtic in 2014 and is still mates with folk who work at the club, folk who know things we aren't privy to. GMS has been at Celtic since 2015. Lennon has shown no interest in GMS.

This.

superfurryhibby
12-07-2017, 10:03 PM

The only laughing matter is the rate of your negative nonsense. Enjoy it whilst you can :aok:

GMS, as many have pointed out, has done more or less sweet FA in the past few seasons.

NAE NOOKIE
12-07-2017, 10:05 PM

Get a f'ing grip ........... how are we becoming a joke? ....... Aside from Aberdeen who have made a few signings aside from GMS who may or may not compensate for a fair number of the decent players they have lost who else is showing Hibs up in this area? ... Hearts with a guy who has scored about 5 goals in 3 seasons and a centre back who if he was worth a toss would have been snapped up by a host of clubs able to pay more than Hearts and who would all have seen him play first hand, I'm not saying he wont do a job for them, but he aint exactly Franz Beckenbauer ..... FFS look down south, Man Ud have signed one player and Chelsea have signed nobody, two clubs who can practically sign anyone they want and who would both admit they want to strengthen.

As for GMS ..... yes on his day he can be a real force, but the truth is that even with Dundee Utd his day didn't come often enough and having seen him play a few times I can state without fear of contradiction that the guy has the heart of a mouse ... one good kick and he disappears, I'd take Martin Boyle over him any old day of the week.

Joke my arse !!!

mcfly
12-07-2017, 10:09 PM

Stop it.....

How do you know transfers are not imminent??

You have got to trust the manager...good players will arrive

As a support we need to show patience - yes we want players asap but they have to be the right ones

MacGruber
13-07-2017, 06:36 AM
Stop it.....

How do you know transfers are not imminent??

You have got to trust the manager...good players will arrive

As a support we need to show patience - yes we want players asap but they have to be the right ones

Patience is one thing but to have a protracted wait and end up with Pennant & Church. I like Whittaker though him and Pennant have a combined age of about 70. Starting to pine for the youthful exuberance signing policy we have largely had over last couple of Windows in the championship.
That said - maybe it's because we have a good crop of our own coming through

Aldo
13-07-2017, 06:46 AM
[QUOTE="MacGruber;5099880"] Patience is one thing but to have a protracted wait and end up with Pennant & Church. I like Whittaker though him and Pennant have a combined age of about 70. Starting to pine for the youthful exuberance signing policy we have largely had over last couple of Windows in the championship. That said - maybe it's because we have a good crop of our own coming through[/Q
We need a balanced squad and I think we will see a bit more of Oli Shaw and Innes Murray this year. I am more than happy to have a number of older quality players to provide a bit of composure and this is what Pennant and Whittaker will bring.

MacGruber
13-07-2017, 06:47 AM
[QUOTE="MacGruber;5099880"] Patience is one thing but to have a protracted wait and end up with Pennant & Church. I like Whittaker though him and Pennant have a combined age of about 70. Starting to pine for the youthful exuberance signing policy we have largely had over last couple of Windows in the championship. That said - maybe it's because we have a good crop of our own coming through[/Q
We need a balanced squad and I think we will see a bit more of Oli Shaw and Innes Murray this year. I am more than happy to have a number of older quality players to provide a bit of composure and this is what Pennant and Whittaker will bring.

Hope you are right. Don't rate Pennant but hope I'm wrong

Aldo
13-07-2017, 06:50 AM
Pennant has an excellent pedigree over the years and if NL sees fit to offer him a contract then I will trust him. All signings are risky but we have the nucleus of a very good squad but are missing a few more quality signings.

We should have more than enough to get past Montrose and the focus will be on PT on the first day of new league season!

The Leith Dutch
13-07-2017, 06:53 AM

Anyone would think that "Missing out on our targets" was about who the manager wanted and Hibs tried to sign.
Personally I think a post on here linking us with a player Lennon didn't want in a swap deal for a player (SJM) that Celtic have shown no interest in is a far better indicator of both club's transfer targets.....

Stevie Reid
13-07-2017, 09:14 AM
Pennant has an excellent pedigree over the years and if NL sees fit to offer him a contract then I will trust him. All signings are risky but we have the nucleus of a very good squad but are missing a few more quality signings.

We should have more than enough to get past Montrose and the focus will be on PT on the first day of new league season!

Correct. People forget that when McInnes was at St. Johnstone, he brought in the likes of Jody Morris and Michael Duberry, who were apparently past it after their careers had been on a downward trajectory - not only were they excellent players for St. Johnstone, they ended up not being able to hold onto either. If Lennon believes that Pennant has something to offer us in the SPL, I'm happy with that.

Aldo
13-07-2017, 09:17 AM
Correct. People forget that when McInnes was at St. Johnstone, he brought in the likes of Jody Morris and Michael Duberry, who were apparently past it after their careers had been on a downward trajectory - not only were they excellent players for St. Johnstone, they ended up not being able to hold onto either. If Lennon believes that Pennant has something to offer us in the SPL, I'm happy with that.

It's also about getting the correct balance in a team and at times experienced heads are needed. You are also spot on about Morris and Duberry. Both were excellent for SJ.

Hermit Crab
13-07-2017, 09:28 AM

Because the board are throwing money at the manager.

SRHibs
13-07-2017, 09:35 AM
We were definitely interested in GMS. Not sure how far the depth of that interest went though, and if any discussions were had with Celtic. Probably were given a ballpark estimate of his desired wage and didn't pursue it.

Nemo
13-07-2017, 10:12 AM
Prefer Boyle TBH

theres more to come from him i think

NAE NOOKIE
13-07-2017, 11:42 AM

A couple of years ago some mega rich Aberdeen fans put about 15 million quid into the club IIRC and I'm sure I read somewhere a few weeks ago that the same couple shoved a good few more million their way ........ there's no doubt they have more to spend on their squad than we do and without doubt they will be paying more in wages.

where'stheslope
13-07-2017, 06:21 PM

I for one thought it was curtains for the Dons when it looked like Mcinnes was away down south, and I can only think the the Owner told him he would get bigger funds for new players if he stayed?

That aside, will keeping the manager and giving out more funds, cause a big hiccup in the new stadium funding???

Hibernia&Alba
13-07-2017, 06:25 PM
The Dons have made some good signings this summer and will still be strong next season. McInnes staying on is huge for them.

Who is this guy Celtic have spent £4.5 million on from Man City? I've never heard of him.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
13-07-2017, 08:29 PM
Im actually a wee bit jealous of Aberdeen and the signings they have made/making. They will do very well next season also. Good on them! We need to show the same sort of ambition as them!

Mango Man
13-07-2017, 08:51 PM
Get a f'ing grip ........... how are we becoming a joke? ....... Aside from Aberdeen who have made a few signings aside from GMS who may or may not compensate for a fair number of the decent players they have lost who else is showing Hibs up in this area? ... Hearts with a guy who has scored about 5 goals in 3 seasons and a centre back who if he was worth a toss would have been snapped up by a host of clubs able to pay more than Hearts and who would all have seen him play first hand, I'm not saying he wont do a job for them, but he aint exactly Franz Beckenbauer ..... FFS look down south, Man Ud have signed one player and Chelsea have signed nobody, two clubs who can practically sign anyone they want and who would both admit they want to strengthen.

As for GMS ..... yes on his day he can be a real force, but the truth is that even with Dundee Utd his day didn't come often enough and having seen him play a few times I can state without fear of contradiction that the guy has the heart of a mouse ... one good kick and he disappears, I'd take Martin Boyle over him any old day of the week.

Joke my arse !!!

Spot on, was just coming on here to say pretty much this, he is quite overrated, cracking player on his day, but that does not happen enough. I think Boyle will have a more effective season than GMS.

IanM
13-07-2017, 09:07 PM
Im actually a wee bit jealous of Aberdeen and the signings they have made/making. They will do very well next season also. Good on them! We need to show the same sort of ambition as them!

jealous! Away you go. Just an excuse to bash the club cause your fan page is getting battered cause you're getting shown up for the tales you've been telling.

hibs#1
13-07-2017, 09:35 PM

Nah only Christie would have been a good signing out of their signings so far.

I don't think we are that far behind Aberdeen in terms of starting 11/squad.

The_Horde
13-07-2017, 09:52 PM

Aberdeen have certainly delivered this window, for sure. Putting their stamp of authority down early in the run in for 2nd place.

CapitalGreen
13-07-2017, 10:09 PM

Announce Postman

pacorosssco
14-07-2017, 01:11 AM
Nah only Christie would have been a good signing out of their signings so far.

I don't think we are that far behind Aberdeen in terms of starting 11/squad.

I agree and if Stokes Whittaker and even Hendo came in on top of Swanston and Efe we could argue we have had as good as or better window. They have also lost two big assets and we currently have kept one. In two games cup while down we have shown we can match.