PDA

View Full Version : NHC Gms

Iceman1875
12-07-2017, 05:28 PM
Has signed for Aberdeen... thought he would have been good for us. Another decent signing for the sheep.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unseen work
12-07-2017, 05:29 PM
They have some attacking options now

gms
stewart
rooney
maynard
storey

and they're still interested in May/Moult

neil7908
12-07-2017, 05:30 PM
Damn, very good signing by them. Definitely a player I'd have liked to see at Easter Road.

Nemo
12-07-2017, 05:30 PM
Has signed for Aberdeen... thought he would have been good for us. Another decent signing for the sheep.

Wow they're no F*****g aboot are they

essexhibee
12-07-2017, 05:31 PM
Comfortably should finish second with those signings. Very jealous tbh.

Iceman1875
12-07-2017, 05:31 PM

gms
stewart
rooney
maynard
storey

Add Christie in there too

Pretty Boy
12-07-2017, 05:34 PM
Really good signing for them unfortunately.

Golden Bear
12-07-2017, 05:34 PM
And maybies Fyvie? I think we need to employ their pr team as they can obvious sell their club to potential signings.

Borderhibbie76
12-07-2017, 05:35 PM
They've had an excellent summer so far...best outwith Celtic no doubt - lost quality but replaced equally with quality...hopefully our turn next for some more quality incomings 🖒

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

SRHibs
And they're interested in Stokes too supposedly.

Heisenberg
And maybies Fyvie? I think we need to employ their pr team as they can obvious sell their club to potential signings.

Or they can offer a lot more money than us in fees/wages?

Iceman1875
12-07-2017, 05:39 PM

Not sure, maybe marginally.

The pull of living in the capital surely evens it out, IMO.

Green forever
12-07-2017, 05:40 PM
They recently got a new American on the board who has invested heavily in the club.

superfurryhibby
12-07-2017, 05:42 PM

They have a very rich fan/ director/!investor. He sold a company for 650 million pounds recently. They pay more wages than us, they have a much bigger turnover than us (that is still a bit of a mystery to me given our crowds are bigger etc) .

Good signing by the sheep, they will be strong next season.

hfc rd
12-07-2017, 05:43 PM
Unfortunately that's a tremendous signing for the sheep. They have done really well in this window after losing 2-3 important players.

Steve20

Well, we're taking our time in getting it done so wouldn't surprise me if someone nipped in. We're really struggling to get our squad together compared to the likes of Aberdeen.

Spike Mandela

3 years of top 3 Premier league prize money versus our 3 years in the Championship must make a difference as well.

Sean1875
Pretty much around a week between it being reported in the media (IIRC) and the deal being concluded and announced. We should get tips.

GreenCastle
12-07-2017, 05:44 PM
Why haven't they sold more ST ?

2nd last year - final of SC - new players - manager staying after not going down south.

BegbieHSC

aw man, Seriously?

Hi Heid Yin
If I'm being honest, I am frustrated, at this stage, by Aberdeen nabbing, ahead of us, players of standing and proven quality, whilst we have yet to secure a replacement for Cummings.
This said, I'm impressed by Lennon focusing on making us strong at the back, thus hard to beat, and securing a midfielder with goals in him from St. Johnstone.
My concern is that, should things remain the same, then I can see one hell of a lot of draws ahead.
I keep my fingers crossed that we have a 'marquee' signing and a few new proven faces (up front) to look forward to.

Earlydelivery
They recently got a new American on the board who has invested heavily in the club.
Born and bred in Aberdeen.

The_Horde
12-07-2017, 05:45 PM
They've replaced Hayes with a worse player. And Niall Mcginn is better than Maynard too. They're worse off still.

Blaster
12-07-2017, 05:45 PM
3 years of top 3 Premier league prize money versus our 3 years in the Championship must make a difference as well.

Spot on plus two cup finals and the Hayes money. Also lost a few players too like mcginn so a fair bit more in their pot than ours at the moment

The_Horde
12-07-2017, 05:47 PM
Spot on plus two cup finals and the Hayes money. Also lost a few players too like mcginn so a fair bit more in their pot than ours at the moment

Don't even think we were interested in GMS. Just the usual rumours from here and twitter.

Sean1875
12-07-2017, 05:48 PM

We've also had 2 cup finals and a semi final appearance in the last two years, as well as losing players such as Holt, Cummings and a few other squad players which would have taken up a good chunk of wages. I'm not saying that Aberdeen won't have a bit more than us, but I don't believe they will be that far ahead of us in that department

Blaster
12-07-2017, 05:48 PM
Don't even think we were interested in GMS. Just the usual rumours from here and twitter.

Maybe not mate but Aberdeen still had more money to play with this summer than we have. We do have a better defence though 👍

Pretty Boy
12-07-2017, 05:49 PM

And taking the green tinted glasses off then from a football point of view Aberdeen over Hibs is an easy decision at the moment.

It's up to Hibs to prove on the park we are a comparable attraction to Aberdeen.

Blaster
12-07-2017, 05:51 PM
We've also had 2 cup finals and a semi final appearance in the last two years, as well as losing players such as Holt, Cummings and a few other squad players which would have taken up a good chunk of wages. I'm not saying that Aberdeen won't have a bit more than us, but I don't believe they will be that far ahead of us in that department

Most of our money from the cup final probably offset the loss we had by another year in the championship. I do expect we have a healthy budget but Aberdeen really scored with the Hayes deal

Sean1875
12-07-2017, 05:51 PM

Is it not quite worrying if we weren't though? If we've got Pennant on trial we're obviously wanting to add width, so why not show interest in GMS?

Callum_62
12-07-2017, 05:55 PM
As things stand we have no chance of 2nd place finish

BegbieHSC
12-07-2017, 05:56 PM
We're gonna need some big signings in soon if we're gonna get close to the top 4.

Before even today I was content, steady as she blows taking our time with transfers, but watching how swiftly Aberdeen are getting signings in is getting me right wound up. Sevco players will eventually gel, along with all of Aberdeen's signings. We really need that time.

I'm sorry that this is negative, but even links to decent players would be nice. Literally tumbleweed coming from our recruitment team's comms.

Stokesy has gone silent, not even a whisper about Hendo...eugh, get me offline now. Finger oot, Hibs!!

mcfly
12-07-2017, 05:58 PM
We do seem to be getting left behind a bit. Aberdeen getting their business done early.

I'm sure we have our targets but I'd like to see them
Arrive sooner rather than later as we want to hit the ground running.

I know we want stokes but surely he's not our only striker. We have lost 3.

The situation with ambrose is not good either

hfc rd
12-07-2017, 06:05 PM
Aberdeen mate at work already rubbing it in by insisting 2nd place is theirs. So far with my Hibs tinted spectacles off, I'd probably agree they do look strong favourites for 2nd.

Lago
12-07-2017, 06:07 PM

gms
stewart
rooney
maynard
storey

My feel good factor just dwindled further.

BegbieHSC
12-07-2017, 06:09 PM
My feel good factor just dwindled further.

Tell me about it. Think i'm gonna go offline and just turn on Hibs official twitter notifications until something happens. This is *****!

Stevie Reid
12-07-2017, 06:12 PM
Aberdeen have finished 2nd in the league for many years now, won the League Cup a couple of years ago, and were runners up in every competition in Scotland last year.

They're a very attractive proposition for players, not sure why some seem surprised at that.

Lago
12-07-2017, 06:19 PM
Aberdeen have finished 2nd in the league for many years now, won the League Cup a couple of years ago, and were runners up in every competition in Scotland last year.

They're a very attractive proposition for players, not sure why some seem surprised at that.
Some of us are supprised because frankly there appears to be didily squat happening at ER & one of our prize signings has gone awol, plus little or no info coming out of command central apart from a couple of brief interviews from NL, haven't heard from LD in ages, fans reps nope all may well be on holiday of course.

Elephant Stone
12-07-2017, 06:19 PM

There's not much between the clubs in terms of size I don't think. We've also sold a lot more season tickets than they have, I hope we don't allow ourselves to fall too far behind them. The fans have backed the club incredibly with season tickets, we've got a unique opportunity to build on that, if we have an exciting season then we will build on it. If we have a poor season a lot of hard work might be undone. It's a massive transfer window for the club and as it stands we're quite far behind Aberdeen. There's still time to sort it though, let's hope we do.

portyhibernian
12-07-2017, 06:20 PM
I'm beginning to get incredibly anxious now. Did we actually identify anyone we wanted to bring in this window? We knew Cummings would go - was there a plan to replace him? If we got seven figures which I now am in doubt about, why have we made no (apparent) concerted effort to get in a guy like Moult or Boyce? We wanted Berry, we didn't get him - Craig Sibbald is without a club, he scores regularly, he'd improve our squad. We're supposedly signing Whittaker, is he neccesary? Could the money be used to strengthen other areas where we are desperately lacking such as up top? Add in the Ambrose situation, and I'm really scunnered right now. Really need some good news soon.

Souter96Mac
12-07-2017, 06:24 PM
Looks like we will need some astute signings in, and some tactical masterclass from Lennon to get us 2nd. I don't think Aberdeen will be world beaters, but still a very decent side.

hfc rd
12-07-2017, 06:31 PM
I'm beginning to get incredibly anxious now. Did we actually identify anyone we wanted to bring in this window? We knew Cummings would go - was there a plan to replace him? If we got seven figures which I now am in doubt about, why have we made no (apparent) concerted effort to get in a guy like Moult or Boyce? We wanted Berry, we didn't get him - Craig Sibbald is without a club, he scores regularly, he'd improve our squad. We're supposedly signing Whittaker, is he neccesary? Could the money be used to strengthen other areas where we are desperately lacking such as up top? Add in the Ambrose situation, and I'm really scunnered right now. Really need some good news soon.

Boyce had already signed for Burton before Cummings was sold. But I agree with your points. Need some good news coming out of the club. My main worry is if SJM is sold. Really snookered if he is does leave. Was head and shoulders above the Sunderland midfielders who were playing in the EPL last season!

neil7908
12-07-2017, 06:33 PM
I liked Lennon's ambition after the semi final defeat but at the same time he's put pressure on himself.

If I was Derek McInnes I'd be tempted to put his comments on the dressing room wall before they next play us.

If we end up mid table or have a poor start his competence is going to start being called into question.

And given the current squads (albeit still time to go) they are a fair bit ahead of us.

lyonhibs
12-07-2017, 06:48 PM

Thus far this window, in terms of confirmed signings, evidently not.

Stevie Reid
12-07-2017, 06:52 PM
There's not much between the clubs in terms of size I don't think. We've also sold a lot more season tickets than they have, I hope we don't allow ourselves to fall too far behind them. The fans have backed the club incredibly with season tickets, we've got a unique opportunity to build on that, if we have an exciting season then we will build on it. If we have a poor season a lot of hard work might be undone. It's a massive transfer window for the club and as it stands we're quite far behind Aberdeen. There's still time to sort it though, let's hope we do.

Totally agree, I was just stating that as a football decision, it's an easy one for good players to make, especially given they pay good wages too.

If Hibs and Aberdeen were on an even footing football wise, and the same money was on offer, I'd be confident that we'd get most players over them - but they have taken full advantage of Rangers being out of the SPL, and continually built on their success and improved, year after year.

Our Scottish Cup win was amazing, but we are only just emerging from three years in the Championship - Aberdeen are by far the second best team in Scotland right now, and have been for years.

McInnes staying is a big statement of intent too. Had Deila still been at Celtic I wouldnt have ruled out a McInnes team to eventually win the league ahead of them. Of course they won't catch Celtic, but they will finish second by a distance I reckon.

JimboHibs
12-07-2017, 06:52 PM
I liked Lennon's ambition after the semi final defeat but at the same time he's put pressure on himself.

If I was Derek McInnes I'd be tempted to put his comments on the dressing room wall before they next play us.

If we end up mid table or have a poor start his competence is going to start being called into question.

And given the current squads (albeit still time to go) they are a fair bit ahead of us.

What if Aberdeen have a poor start and end up mid table ?

Stevie Reid
12-07-2017, 06:54 PM
Some of us are supprised because frankly there appears to be didily squat happening at ER & one of our prize signings has gone awol, plus little or no info coming out of command central apart from a couple of brief interviews from NL, haven't heard from LD in ages, fans reps nope all may well be on holiday of course.

None of what you have written would explain why folk would be surprised at Aberdeen attracting a high calibre of player.

hibs#1
12-07-2017, 06:59 PM
Aberdeen have made good signings on paper doesn't mean they will all gel together. I would be more worried but I trust Lennon and dempster to do the their best for hibs for what it's worth I think we will still do good business in the transfer window firmly believe Stokes,Whittaker and Henderson will sign.plus another couple (Pennant,Church?).

Michael
12-07-2017, 07:29 PM
Great business on the face of it. GMS + cash for Hayes. They've done well unfortunately.

neil7908
12-07-2017, 07:40 PM
What if Aberdeen have a poor start and end up mid table ?

Well there manager hasn't been making bold claims about being the second best in the country without the required league placing to back it up.

Again, I like Lennon's ambition but the bar has now been set by our own manager and it's up to him and the board to deliver.

GlasgowHibee
12-07-2017, 07:49 PM
A very good signing for them, but surely we could have matched similar wages? We got 1.5 mil for JC35?

Yet somehow, we're being linked with an ancient Jermaine Pennant?

Stevie Reid
12-07-2017, 08:02 PM
It probably shouldn't be overlooked that Celtic spent £4.5M on an attacking midfielder yesterday, which was possibly the catalyst for this going through. It's possible that we are holding out for players who will become available once their parent club upgrade - just a thought.

bigstu
12-07-2017, 08:16 PM
Great business on the face of it. GMS + cash for Hayes. They've done well unfortunately.

And Ryan Christie!!

CorrieHibs
12-07-2017, 08:20 PM
They've replaced Hayes with a worse player. And Niall Mcginn is better than Maynard too. They're worse off still.

Agreed!

CorrieHibs
12-07-2017, 08:21 PM
A very good signing for them, but surely we could have matched similar wages? We got 1.5 mil for JC35?

Yet somehow, we're being linked with an ancient Jermaine Pennant?

I don't think we got anything near that. I heard less than a million.

The Falcon
12-07-2017, 08:30 PM
And taking the green tinted glasses off then from a football point of view Aberdeen over Hibs is an easy decision at the moment.

It's up to Hibs to prove on the park we are a comparable attraction to Aberdeen.

Think that's the problem. We seem to be working hard trying to get better players in, even paying transfer fees above most of our peers, yet still not a lot of movement. Better players have better options and its up to Hibs to persuade them that this is their better career option. Right now it likely isn't.

Ringothedog
12-07-2017, 08:47 PM
I don't think we got anything near that. I heard less than a million.

We got more than that from what I have heard, quite a bit more

jacomo
12-07-2017, 09:07 PM
Looks like we will need some astute signings in, and some tactical masterclass from Lennon to get us 2nd. I don't think Aberdeen will be world beaters, but still a very decent side.

Nah... just Whittaker plus 2 or 3 who can score goals. Easy.

Onceinawhile
12-07-2017, 09:09 PM

Fans reps posted on here within the last week.

Lennon spoke 4 days ago. Hardly nothing coming out.

lord bunberry
12-07-2017, 09:11 PM
I'd rather have Boyle. The guys a washed up has been. He went to Celtic with Armstrong and has faded so badly that they've let him go for buttons to the sheep.
Huddy

The Spaceman
12-07-2017, 09:15 PM
Would have taken GMS in a heartbeat.

A little demoralising watching all our most obvious/exciting potential targets sign for a rival...oh well onwards we go!

Ringothedog
12-07-2017, 09:34 PM
Football is all about opinions and everybody is entitled to theirs, I did not want GMS and by the looks of it neither did our manager. Why do we as fans get upset when we don't sign players that we think we should sign? If we signed every player that the fans wanted we would have a squad of about 10000 and be out of business within a week. I understand the frustration we are feeling but let's leave it to the manager to sign the players we need.

bigstu
12-07-2017, 10:46 PM
Football is all about opinions and everybody is entitled to theirs, I did not want GMS and by the looks of it neither did our manager. Why do we as fans get upset when we don't sign players that we think we should sign? If we signed every player that the fans wanted we would have a squad of about 10000 and be out of business within a week. I understand the frustration we are feeling but let's leave it to the manager to sign the players we need.

We await patiently...

BH Hibs
12-07-2017, 11:10 PM
Time will tell on GMS but there were concerns about an ongoing hip problem last year and he could end up being on the treatment table more than the pitch. Then I suppose we would be getting stick for signing a washed up player. I'm not to fussed about him.

malagahibby
13-07-2017, 12:07 AM
Time will tell on GMS but there were concerns about an ongoing hip problem last year and he could end up being on the treatment table more than the pitch. Then I suppose we would be getting stick for signing a washed up player. I'm not to fussed about him.

Don't think he's better than. Boyle

Stokesy's on fire
13-07-2017, 07:10 AM
Aberdeen mate at work already rubbing it in by insisting 2nd place is theirs. So far with my Hibs tinted spectacles off, I'd probably agree they do look strong favourites for 2nd.

That's exactly the sort of talk that see's sheep fans fall flat on their face.

WeeRussell
13-07-2017, 07:19 AM
Don't think he's better than. Boyle

I think if Boyle wasn't at Hibs, there is no way you would claim that.

Aldo
13-07-2017, 07:24 AM
Would have taken GMS in a heartbeat. A little demoralising watching all our most obvious/exciting potential targets sign for a rival...oh well onwards we go!

Whose to say he was a target?? Media speculation? Fans forum?

If I'm honest yeah on his game he's a good player but on a par with Boyle.

The Leith Dutch
13-07-2017, 07:35 AM
Whose to say he was a target?? Media speculation? Fans forum?

If I'm honest yeah on his game he's a good player but on a par with Boyle.

I reckon a lot of it with GMS is that he's capable of magical skill and people remember those moments rather than the fact that those moments are generally few and far between and the other times vary between being a decent player and mediocre.

I remember him pulling off a genuine wtf moment in front of the East Stand several years back - sheer magic. Then I think shortly after that someone clattered him and he vanished for the rest of the match. Bit of a luxury player and concerns about whether he has enough fight neither of which strike me as NL compatible traits.

Boyle is probably not quite as magical but he's a pretty effective player and has the kind of pace that scares any team.
I think we might see a lot of him and Simon Murray either side of the main striker I'm hoping we sign when playing at home against the weaker teams.

Aldo
13-07-2017, 07:38 AM
I reckon a lot of it with GMS is that he's capable of magical skill and people remember those moments rather than the fact that those moments are generally few and far between and the other times vary between being a decent player and mediocre. I remember him pulling off a genuine wtf moment in front of the East Stand several years back - sheer magic. Then I think shortly after that someone clattered him and he vanished for the rest of the match. Bit of a luxury player and concerns about whether he has enough fight neither of which strike me as NL compatible traits. Boyle is probably not quite as magical but he's a pretty effective player and has the kind of pace that scares any team. I think we might see a lot of him and Simon Murray either side of the main striker I'm hoping we sign when playing at home against the weaker teams.

A lot of players are like that and remember when Lewis had him in his back pocket whilst playing at RB.

Consistency is what is required and a lot of players need to work on that really hard. I think although quite erratic at times Boyle is consistently a better player.

I mentioned in another post I think Murray will prove a few of the doubters wrong (or I hope he does anyway)

jeffers
13-07-2017, 07:49 AM
Missing out on a player we are trying to sign is disappointing but less so than a player we appear to have had no interest in signing. Always thought GMS was a bit of a luxury player. Undoubted ability but inconsistent is how I always think of him.

I agre with others, no better than Martin Boyle who, although frustrating at times, is a player I have a lot of time for. If he can add composure to his game I think he could be a very good player for us.

HibernianJK
13-07-2017, 08:15 AM
Eh, before he went to Celtic GMS was one of the hottest young prospects in the country. He has stalled a bit but people who are saying they wouldn't take him over Boyle are miles off it.

Every day without hesitation.

ancient hibee
13-07-2017, 08:32 AM
Player stalling at Celtic.Hardly news is it but any other young Scots player thinking that he might go there should maybe think again.

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
13-07-2017, 08:34 AM
Player stalling at Celtic.Hardly news is it but any other young Scots player thinking that he might go there should maybe think again.

Stewart Armstrong's, Scott Browns, Kieran Tierney amd Leigh Griffiths careers are going nowhere eh!

Stevie Reid
13-07-2017, 08:37 AM

I certainly remember him injured fairly regularly at DU, whether that was down to him being prone to injury, or due to him receiving heavy treatment from full backs, I'm not sure. On the flip side, he does have a pretty good scoring record when he does play.

I'd have been happy to see him here, no doubt - but the reactions of many to him signing for Aberdeen are way OTT.

ancient hibee
13-07-2017, 05:27 PM
Stewart Armstrong's, Scott Browns, Kieran Tierney amd Leigh Griffiths careers are going nowhere eh!

And Derek Riordan,GMS,Liam Henderson,Stokes,Cifcti ?