PDA

View Full Version : Yams Hertz Derby Confidence

BegbieHSC
11-07-2017, 02:44 PM
They've literally had a thread like this on kickback in the run up to every derby for past few years...a period in which we have dominated them in the derbies.

I remember in the build up to last year's in which many were quoting a 7:0 score line in their favour...

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/170653-derby-day-predictions/

Take a look at the hilarious over-confidence and delusions of grandeur which seems to have re-entered their thick skulls.

Get screenshotting lads! It'll come in handy when we take 9 points from them this season.

Navids Numpties
11-07-2017, 02:52 PM
They've literally had a thread like this on kickback in the run up to every derby for past few years...a period in which we have dominated them in the derbies.

I remember in the build up to last year's in which many were quoting a 7:0 score line in their favour...

Take a look at the hilarious over-confidence and delusions of grandeur which seems to have re-entered their thick skulls.

Get screenshotting lads! It'll come in handy when we take 9 points from them this season.

They've signed Berra and Laugherty and think they're world beaters. Would much prefer Marciano and Ambrose to those two. Two players of better quality My deid granda is faster than Berra and Aaron Hughes is practically an OAP. One of them posted this and to my eye our team looks much better with more to come.

____________Marciano

Gray__McGregor__Ambrose__Stevenson

__McGinn__Bartley__McGeoch

___Boyle__Murray__Swanson

With a bench of Hanlon, Fontaine, Graham, a sub goalie and some kids

__________Hamilton

__Souttar__Hughes__Berra

Smith__Cowie__Djoum__Smith-Brown

__Walker__Lafferty__Isma

With back up from Noring, Grzelak, Nowak, McGhee, Liam Smith, Buaben, Martin, Stockton and some of our own kids

California-Hibs
11-07-2017, 02:55 PM
Have they all of a sudden forgot who their manager is?? 😂

Geo_1875
11-07-2017, 02:56 PM
I don't know why but I clicked on the link and shuddered. When you read the comments you realise it's school holidays.

Deansy
11-07-2017, 02:57 PM

'Shiny new stand. Not a breeze block in sight. Under the floodlights. Vastly superior team - Cannae wait. 5-0'

As usual they're unbelieveable - not only does 'Reality' never sink-in at the PBS but now there seems to be a collective 'memory-lapse' and it's that Cathro is still their manager !. It's almost as if, to a muppet, they've air-brushed him from their memories !!

Navids Numpties
11-07-2017, 02:57 PM
They literally think Cole Stockton is some sort of new Messi. Kid was pants in the non leagues.

MWHIBBIES
11-07-2017, 02:59 PM
Plenty of threads like that on here over the years. Reality is no one has a ****ing scooby how it is going to go. We have a good record recently but it really doesn't matter during the 90 minutes.

Keith_M
11-07-2017, 03:00 PM
They literally think Cole Stockton is some sort of new Messi. Kid was pants in the non leagues.

Why, doesn't Stockton pay his taxes either?

HIBERNIAN-0762
11-07-2017, 03:01 PM

I couldn't even finish the first page, just what do they put in the water up there? utter fannies one and all.

Geo_1875
11-07-2017, 03:06 PM
They've signed Berra and Laugherty and think they're world beaters. Would much prefer Marciano and Ambrose to those two. Two players of better quality My deid granda is faster than Berra and Aaron Hughes is practically an OAP. One of them posted this and to my eye our team looks much better with more to come.

____________Marciano

__________Hamilton

__Souttar__Hughes__Berra

__Walker__Lafferty__Isma

With back up from Noring, Grzelak, Nowak, McGhee, Liam Smith, Buaben, Martin, Stockton and some of our own kids

I agree. Hamilton is pathetic. Jury is out on whether Souttar can come back from his injury. Berra could be ok. Hughes is slower than me. Cowie and Djoum were schooled last season in the Cup. Lafferty might be anything. Isma proved he's nothing. I thought Walker had left? McGhee looks a player and will improve hugely in the next couple of years. Couldn't make a footballer out of the rest of them.

lord bunberry
11-07-2017, 03:12 PM
They're idiots

Aldo
11-07-2017, 03:13 PM
So that's their recruitment finished fir the season then??

Let those grade a yam roaster poppy thieving FUDS spout whatever they like. Let's do the talking on the pitch.

Hopefully 3-4 more quality signings will see us just fine.

So Berra, Hughes, polish dude and Lafferty and they think they are world beaters.

JohnM1875
11-07-2017, 03:16 PM

Let those grade a yam roaster poppy thieving FUDS spout whatever they like. Let's do the talking on the pitch.

So Berra, Hughes, polish dude and Lafferty and they think they are world beaters.

Don't forget they just beat the mighty Linfield as well! That's got to count for something right?!

Aldo
11-07-2017, 03:17 PM
Don't forget they just beat the mighty Linfield as well! That's got to count for something right?!

O aye forgot about that. O and their new megastand that won't be finished for a bit and well 5-1 1902....[emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

California-Hibs
11-07-2017, 03:25 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/Ae9yWsqGgVPbi/giphy.gif

Are they forgetting how long it's been since they beat us?!....

BegbieHSC
11-07-2017, 03:28 PM
I almost feel sorry for them given how much they embarrass themselves with their shan delusional pre-derby chat.

lord bunberry
11-07-2017, 03:55 PM
I almost feel sorry for them given how much they embarrass themselves with their shan delusional pre-derby chat.

True, they know it's over. I will be astonished if Cathy manages to win a Derby, sadly I will be even more astonished if he's still in the job by Christmas.

Oscar T Grouch
11-07-2017, 03:58 PM
I love it when they're over confident. Makes beating them all the better.

Jack Hackett
11-07-2017, 03:59 PM
Have they all of a sudden forgot who their manager is?? 😂

They forget anything they're embarrassed about... classic defence mechanism.

Diclonius
11-07-2017, 04:00 PM
If Cathro's punted and replaced by someone with a degree of competency, and we fail to sign any quality strikers - aye, maybe. If Cathro stays and we complete our transfer window signings as expected then we will still be favourites, no doubt about that. Still, it's a derby - anything can happen.

It is bizarre though. Fair enough when they actually had the edge over us at the start of the decade but it's almost three years now! That said, I mind we had a few threads saying exactly the same when we couldn't buy a win against them. :rolleyes:

Just Alf
11-07-2017, 04:03 PM
If Cathro's punted and replaced by someone with a degree of competency, and we fail to sign any quality strikers - aye, maybe. If Cathro stays and we complete our transfer window signings as expected then we will still be favourites, no doubt about that. Still, it's a derby - anything can happen.

It is bizarre though. Fair enough when they actually had the edge over us at the start of the decade but it's almost three years now! That said, I mind we had a few threads saying exactly the same when we couldn't buy a win against them. :rolleyes:
Hope springs eternal! :agree:

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Sammy7nil
11-07-2017, 04:03 PM
True, they know it's over. I will be astonished if Cathy manages to win a Derby, sadly I will be even more astonished if he's still in the job by Christmas.

I will be astonished if doesn't when did Hibs become this alll conquering team? We will win some we will lose some and a few will be draws as it has always been. Don't get like the jambo's

mowgli
11-07-2017, 04:11 PM

No recruitment isn't finished yet,Hearts are signing a new keeper and another midfielder yet according to Cathro.

Scottie
11-07-2017, 04:30 PM
No recruitment isn't finished yet,Hearts are signing a new keeper and another midfielder yet according to Cathro.
Can I ask how they are going to pay for these new recruits ?

Maybe bump a few more charities :agree: GIRUY YAM FUD'S

BSEJVT
11-07-2017, 04:33 PM

Don't sign a new keeper, there is nothing wrong with the one you have :fibber:

Elephant Stone
11-07-2017, 04:34 PM
Their goalie and midfield are absolute dog pish, just like their new tin can stand with a call centre joined on the back of it.

GlesgaeHibby
11-07-2017, 04:41 PM

____________Marciano

__________Hamilton

__Souttar__Hughes__Berra

__Walker__Lafferty__Isma

Their goalie is honking. Midfield is thin on numbers and average at best, and nobody knows how Smith or Smith-Brown will turn out. Walker will be away. Reckon Isma and Lafferty will do ok up top, but they seem to be forgetting laptop man is still in charge.

The post does highlight that our squad is pretty then at the minute though, and we need some more firepower up top. If we sign Whittaker, Henderson, Stokes, Church and/or Pennant and keep McGinn I'll be pretty happy going into the new season with a strong squad.

Aldo
11-07-2017, 05:00 PM

How do you know this??

Once Walker leaves they'll struggle IMHO. Where else are they going to get so many penalties??

Still they have the mega stand

RoYO!
11-07-2017, 05:05 PM
'Shiny new stand. Not a breeze block in sight. Under the floodlights. Vastly superior team - Cannae wait. 5-0'

As usual they're unbelieveable - not only does 'Reality' never sink-in at the PBS but now there seems to be a collective 'memory-lapse' and it's that Cathro is still their manager !. It's almost as if, to a muppet, they've air-brushed him from their memories !!

Ye cos wriggly tin is much better than breeze block...

Love their wee theories they get in their heads!

Captain Trips
11-07-2017, 05:08 PM
They could have Messi and Ronaldo up front however they need to remember who their manager is.

Mikey09
11-07-2017, 06:01 PM

____________Marciano

__________Hamilton

__Souttar__Hughes__Berra

__Walker__Lafferty__Isma

You could have saved yourself a lot of time by doing this...

Lennon

Cathro

therealgavmac
11-07-2017, 06:02 PM

Let's not forget the fanny who said..."we've just humped a Champions League side, let's not forget that"

:faf::faf::faf:

Andy74
11-07-2017, 06:09 PM
I agree. Hamilton is pathetic. Jury is out on whether Souttar can come back from his injury. Berra could be ok. Hughes is slower than me. Cowie and Djoum were schooled last season in the Cup. Lafferty might be anything. Isma proved he's nothing. I thought Walker had left? McGhee looks a player and will improve hugely in the next couple of years. Couldn't make a footballer out of the rest of them.

Was chatting to Souttar this morning in London. He was down seeing surgeon and hopeful of getting an all clear.

Lovely guy by the way. Not at all suited to them.

Bostonhibby
11-07-2017, 06:14 PM
Shiny new stand? They do know it's just the one new stand, and the rest of the dump is still the same mess as before, right?

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

mowgli
11-07-2017, 06:18 PM
Can I ask how they are going to pay for these new recruits ?

Maybe bump a few more charities :agree: GIRUY YAM FUD'S

13 players gone which has freed up a lot of wages.

HFCdeb
11-07-2017, 07:14 PM
Ian Cathro.

green day
11-07-2017, 07:34 PM

Aye, thats to "allow Jack Hamilton space to develop" apparently.

Which is code for "hes totally pony and I wouldnae trust him in goals at 5's".

Out of interest, where do you stand on the JKB derby overconfidence scale?

KeithTheHibby
11-07-2017, 07:37 PM
They've been shooting their bolt since the 2nd Derby in the championship and they are still to win a game against us.
It was never going to change. Leave them to it.

mowgli
11-07-2017, 07:56 PM
Aye, thats to "allow Jack Hamilton space to develop" apparently.

Which is code for "hes totally pony and I wouldnae trust him in goals at 5's".

Out of interest, where do you stand on the JKB derby overconfidence scale?

Pretty much in the middle at the minute, hard to say until both teams start playing competitively and see how they shape up.

gordonced18
11-07-2017, 08:08 PM
By the time October comes their pre-season enthusiasm will be well gone..... Twats will be hoping for a 0-0 draw for a morale boost!!!

Sent from my Lenovo YT3-X50F using Tapatalk

Libby Hibby
11-07-2017, 08:11 PM
They are unbelievably cocky ATM for no real reason.

Every Derby is the same but they are still to beat us in 7 or 8 games.

I suppose if they shout there mouths off before every Derby, the law of averages would suggest they would get one game right.

NAE NOOKIE
11-07-2017, 11:09 PM
Wow, I had forgotten they were trying to get McGregor on loan ..... that would give them some team:

Utter asshole

Mediocre, slow, slower, kid

Mediocre, nonentity, who?, half decent if they keep him

Big Daz fodder, total roaster

Yup, we might as well not turn up :faf:

Hermit Crab
11-07-2017, 11:13 PM

____________Marciano

__________Hamilton

__Souttar__Hughes__Berra

__Walker__Lafferty__Isma

Their young lad Currie looks like he's going to be a decent player for them

NAE NOOKIE
11-07-2017, 11:20 PM
Their young lad Currie looks like he's going to be a decent player for them

Yeh, when he came on in the 3 - 1 game he actually looked like the only other Yam on the park who got what a derby means apart from Walker, he did some decent stuff on the ball as well .... not sure if laptop lad has given him much of a kick of the ball since that night though.

SirDavidsNapper
11-07-2017, 11:21 PM
The flumps are always overconfident which is why they can't buy a win against us. Think they just need to turn up.

Jack Hackett
12-07-2017, 05:17 AM
The flumps are always overconfident which is why they can't buy a win against us. Think they just need to turn up.

:agree:

Guaranteed 9 pts dontcha know

BegbieHSC
12-07-2017, 01:18 PM
It does put it into perspective, given the relative panic on this forum about our transfer window so far that we've got Neil Lennon, and they've got Ian ****ing Cathro

Steve20
12-07-2017, 01:33 PM

____________Marciano

__________Hamilton

__Souttar__Hughes__Berra

__Walker__Lafferty__Isma

Not much between those teams. We have a better keeper, Depends on how good or not Berra is these days to say who has better defence, we have a better midfield, but they have a better attack.

It really is vital we get good players in before the end of July so we are ready for the start of the season. Not the end of August, unless we want to be playing catchup with other teams.

HIBERNIAN-0762
12-07-2017, 02:28 PM
Not much between those teams

:hilarious:hilarious:hilarious

Keith_M
12-07-2017, 03:22 PM
I'm sure there's just as wide a range of confidence regarding the next derby as there is in our support.

Just because some of them post overly optimistic predictions on Kickback doesn't mean they all feel the same, surely?