PDA

View Full Version : Simon Church

Pages : [1] 2

sauzee=legend
10-07-2017, 02:58 PM
As mentioned on sky sports transfer centre- Simon church is training with us. Thoughts?

H18 SFR
10-07-2017, 02:59 PM
I didn't think he done that well at Aberdeen.

alihibs1
10-07-2017, 03:00 PM
His goalscoring record is awful

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

bingo70
10-07-2017, 03:01 PM
Jesus Christ he's god awful

Carheenlea
Who he?

Geo_1875
Who he?

Welsh International striker

H18 SFR
10-07-2017, 03:02 PM
Who he?

Welsh international. Got a few caps when they were at their worst before their revival in recent years.

sauzee=legend
With the link with church and previously that twat Kyle..... Lennon is after a target man for sure.

I agree tho his scoring record is shocking.

Geo_1875
Welsh international. Got a few caps when they were at their worst before their revival in recent years.

30+ caps. Played at Euros last year

dmc1875
10-07-2017, 03:03 PM
He did fine at Aberdeen? Pretty sure he scored 6 or 7 goals in 13 games...

MyJo
10-07-2017, 03:03 PM
As mentioned on sky sports transfer centre- Simon church is training with us. Thoughts?

Don't know much about him but having had a quick look online he appears to be a Holt-type striker and has played at a decent level.

6 goals in 13 appearances for Aberdeen at the end of the 15/16 season suggests he is more than capable at our level, welsh internationalist, and a good age as well.

Sounds positive.

Stevie Reid
10-07-2017, 03:04 PM
I didn't think he done that well at Aberdeen.

On paper he did very well - 6 goals in 13 starts.

Overall career scoring record isn't so hot, but may be a good foil for Simon Murray. If Lennon sees fit to have a look at him, that's fine with me.

Diclonius
10-07-2017, 03:04 PM
Has a very poor scoring record. Given we were (allegedly after) the likes of Moult and Stewart earlier, if this is true it suggests we're onto the low end of our targets.

dmc1875
10-07-2017, 03:06 PM
Has a very poor scoring record. Given we were (allegedly after) the likes of Moult and Stewart earlier, if this is true it suggests we're onto the low end of our targets.

If Lennon is looking for a 'target man' to say, play alongside a goalscorer (stokes) and sees Murray as another goalscorer then goals aren't everything. Maybe he's good at holding the ball up, bringing others into play, work rate, leading the line etc etc

You dont get 30 international caps if you have nothing about you.

SaulGoodman
10-07-2017, 03:06 PM
Well that's him panned and chucked in Hibs.net no thanks list after 8 minutes.

****ing tragic

Peevemor
10-07-2017, 03:07 PM

****ing tragic

:agree:

Callum_62
10-07-2017, 03:09 PM
BOOOOO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Speedway
10-07-2017, 03:11 PM
If he's better than Holt it's a step up again.

CRAZYHIBBY
10-07-2017, 03:13 PM
I normally wouldn't say this but he is absolute *****....we need a proven goal scorer

neil7908
10-07-2017, 03:13 PM
He's a name I know but can't remember anything about him tbh.

Checking Wikipedia he's 28, 6ft and played in the Dutch top flight last year.

bingo70
10-07-2017, 03:16 PM
I normally wouldn't say this but he is absolute *****....we need a proven goal scorer

We do, however if you assume he's a target man to replace Holt then he doesn't really need to be a great goalscorer to step into his shoes. It's Cummings replacement that needs to be a proven goal scorer.

If he's just in to train and for us to have a look at him I don't see any problems with that.

Marco G
10-07-2017, 03:17 PM
I think I will stop visiting this forum, so much negative bile chucked at anyone we take a look at. Have had enough.

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

Vault Boy
10-07-2017, 03:18 PM
Can only recall him from his time at Aberdeen, but he's got pace and is good in the air. Certainly didn't do a bad job for them. McInnes wanted to keep him permanently IIRC.

bigwheel
10-07-2017, 03:18 PM
We do, however if you assume he's a target man to replace Holt then he doesn't really need to be a great goalscorer to step into his shoes. It's Cummings replacement that needs to be a proven goal scorer.

If he's just in to train and for us to have a look at him I don't see any problems with that.

It's unlikely we will get a 25 goal a season signing...so I feel we need all our signings to have a decent return...

As for Church - Charlton fan I know who watched him play for them in the championship says he is very workman like, needs a few chances to score..probably more "league one" level was his summary...

MyJo
10-07-2017, 03:21 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40234520

MyJo
10-07-2017, 03:22 PM
I think I will stop visiting this forum, so much negative bile chucked at anyone we take a look at. Have had enough.

:agree: its getting very tiresome and spoiling this site for me.

Hibernia&Alba
10-07-2017, 03:26 PM
Take a look at him and see what he can do, same as Pennant. If they don't cut it, we look elsewhere.

JimBHibees
10-07-2017, 03:27 PM
Since when did we turn into Barcelona. Simon Church would do a decent job for us. Good age and physical remember him being a decent player for Reading.

Andy74
10-07-2017, 03:29 PM
Since when did big target men types have decent scoring records? Very few have. Stats don't tell you anything about their all round game.

We have to recall the records for these guys have generally also been made at a standard above where we will be playing.

1875STEVE
10-07-2017, 03:30 PM
So a guy with English Premiership & Championship experience, as well as the Eredivisie in Holland, who has played international football, including reaching and playing in the European Championship semi final, and scored 6 in 13 in the SPL 12 months ago, and is still only 28, is being dismissed already. :thumbsup::greengrin

Onceinawhile
10-07-2017, 03:30 PM
6 in 13 for Aberdeen.
Played top flight in the Netherlands last year.
30+ Wales caps.
Went to the 2o16 euros.

Sounds ok to me. If he's training with us, Lennon won't sign him if he's no good.

Suspect we are after a second striker too.

Onceinawhile
10-07-2017, 03:31 PM

I've not seen anyone suggest we were after moult. Merely people on here saying we should be.

bingo70
10-07-2017, 03:31 PM
A quick search of his name on twitter suggests Aberdeen fans had the same reservations about him that we do but he won them round.

edwards
10-07-2017, 03:33 PM
19 goals in 138 appearences no thanks pass

H18 SFR
10-07-2017, 03:36 PM
I'd honestly rather persevere with Brian Graham - likely similar returns for much less £'s of our budget.

flash
10-07-2017, 03:37 PM
Aberdeen fans liked him. Not that anyou of the experts on here care about anything other than their own expert opinions.

JimBHibees
10-07-2017, 03:37 PM
Had surgery on his hip last season but back to full fitness now. Scored 6 in 13 for Aberdeen then played in the Euros what exactly do people want.

Jim44
10-07-2017, 03:40 PM
Any relation to Charlotte? :greengrin

Hibernia&Alba
10-07-2017, 03:40 PM
Had surgery on his hip last season but back to full fitness now. Scored 6 in 13 for Aberdeen then played in the Euros what exactly do people want.

I wanted Rooney. Seething Everton nicked him.

Tyler Durden
10-07-2017, 03:41 PM
Since when did big target men types have decent scoring records? Very few have. Stats don't tell you anything about their all round game.

We have to recall the records for these guys have generally also been made at a standard above where we will be playing.

Church isn't a target man type from what I've seen. He's barely 6ft and not one to bully defenders

Not really particularly quick or skilful enough to be a lone striker either. And he hasn't really played all that regularly at a level higher than Scotlands top league.

If he was a replacement for Brian Graham as a squad player, great. A first choice striker? Not for me

bingo70
10-07-2017, 03:43 PM
Church isn't a target man type from what I've seen. He's barely 6ft and not one to bully defenders

Not really particularly quick or skilful enough to be a lone striker either. And he hasn't really played all that regularly at a level higher than Scotlands top league.

If he was a replacement for Brian Graham as a squad player, great. A first choice striker? Not for me

How did he manage to get 38 caps and forge a decent career at a good level throughout?

Have you ever seen him play?

Craig_in_Prague
10-07-2017, 03:44 PM
his name rings a bell.

Waxy
10-07-2017, 03:44 PM
Whos to say he wont have his greatest career spell with us?

Kato
10-07-2017, 03:45 PM
So a guy with English Premiership & Championship experience, as well as the Eredivisie in Holland, who has played international football, including reaching and playing in the European Championship semi final, and scored 6 in 13 in the SPL 12 months ago, and is still only 28, is being dismissed already. :thumbsup::greengrin

Some people will never learn that maybe, just maybe, their opinion isn't really worth expressing.

Brightside

****ing tragic

Exactly. Be lucky if 3 people on here have actually seen him play.

Since90+2
According to Wikipedia he never played any games at all last season for Roda.

Caversham Green
10-07-2017, 03:48 PM
Having watched him plenty of times when he was at Reading, I can't get terribly excited about the prospect of him signing for Hibs. I could never really see what he brought to the side other than running about a lot. Still, the various managers must have seen something that I didn't.

Golden Bear
10-07-2017, 03:49 PM

The signing of Lionel Messi himself wouldn't satisfy everyone on Hibs Net. For a start he's 30 (far too auld) and then he's only 5 feet 6" so he's obviously far too wee. Bet the guy doesn't even have his own web site.

:rolleyes:

hibbygraham
Saw him at Charlton quite regularly a few years ago. Slow, ponderous on the ball, not great in the air at all (oddly for a supposed target man), and missed a few sitters. Not good enough. Really hope we avoid.

hfc rd
If NL thinks he is good enough and can do a job for us, then that's what should matter

nellio
10-07-2017, 03:51 PM
Seen him loads of times for Wales over the years. Broke into the Welsh set up at a young age when at Reading. Never fulfilled his potential. Left Reading and has been average.

Definitely not a target man but handy to have in the squad as capable of scoring a few at this level.

Big_Franck
10-07-2017, 03:52 PM
Seen him loads of times for Wales over the years. Broke into the Welsh set up at a young age when at Reading. Never fulfilled his potential. Left Reading and has been average.

Definitely not a target man but handy to have in the squad as capable of scoring a few at this level.

If he's not a target man what kind of player is he? I cant remember seeing him play for Aberdeen at all.

MartinfaePorty
10-07-2017, 03:53 PM
Dons supporting mate quite positive about him. Good hold-up player, but like others have said, not a goalscorer.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Speedway
10-07-2017, 03:54 PM
Dislike Church because he's a big lad that only scored 1 in 2 at this level.

Dislike Samaras because he's a big lad who only scored 1 in 3 at this level.

So only interested in big lads with a 1 in 1 scoring record at this level.

Nade can do that against us.

Do you know who 'Hibs's it' the most? .net posters.

jacomo
10-07-2017, 03:55 PM

Always said that Marco G was a quitter.

:wink:

Tyler Durden
10-07-2017, 03:55 PM
How did he manage to get 38 caps and forge a decent career at a good level throughout?

Have you ever seen him play?

Yes I've seen him plenty of times on TV for Reading and Charlton. Also think he scored against Scotland when he was only about 21. He was a promising youngster who has never really lived up to potential. His level has been League 1 mostly and he's done little there.

He's got plenty caps for Wales cos they have no decent forwards, it's not that complicated. They converted Hal Robson-Kanu to a striker rather than play Church there. Most of his caps will be as sub.

I'm not saying he's total garbage, he could sign and do well. But I don't think he's very good and would rather we sign better. He's not what we need if we're looking for him to come in as a main striker

BarneyHibby
10-07-2017, 03:56 PM
According to Wikipedia he never played any games at all last season for Roda.Played 4 matches before going out for a long time with injury.
https://www.transfermarkt.de/simon-church/leistungsdaten/spieler/66959/plus/0?saison=2016

bingo70
10-07-2017, 03:58 PM
Yes I've seen him plenty of times on TV for Reading and Charlton. Also think he scored against Scotland when he was only about 21. He was a promising youngster who has never really lived up to potential. His level has been League 1 mostly and he's done little there.

He's got plenty caps for Wales cos they have no decent forwards, it's not that complicated. They converted Hal Robson-Kanu to a striker rather than play Church there. Most of his caps will be as sub.

I'm not saying he's total garbage, he could sign and do well. But I don't think he's very good and would rather we sign better. He's not what we need if we're looking for him to come in as a main striker

Fair enough.

Just need to wait and see i suppose, Aberdeen fans seem to like him so maybe just suited to our league......or he could be pish.

snooky
10-07-2017, 03:59 PM
I wanted Rooney. Seething Everton nicked him.

Naw, too old. :stirrer:

Jim44
10-07-2017, 04:00 PM
his name rings a bell.

:greengrin

Tyler Durden
10-07-2017, 04:00 PM
Exactly. Be lucky if 3 people on here have actually seen him play.

I actually find these superior and patronising posts more tiresome than people moaning about a player we are linked with.

Lucky if 3 people on here have seen him play.... within minutes there are several people commenting who have seen him and don't really rate him.

Viva_Palmeiras
10-07-2017, 04:06 PM
According to Wikipedia he never played any games at all last season for Roda.

Maybe updates stopped inexplicably just like the LondonHearts website. After knocking them out the cup stats' updates ceased.

Tyler Durden
10-07-2017, 04:06 PM
Fair enough.

Just need to wait and see i suppose, Aberdeen fans seem to like him so maybe just suited to our league......or he could be pish.

I'd have been happy if Hibs had signed that Nicky Maynard that Aberdeen just signed but they don't seem impressed. We're by no means the only support that can be tough to please!

nellio
10-07-2017, 04:07 PM
If he's not a target man what kind of player is he? I cant remember seeing him play for Aberdeen at all.

Hard to describe he's not that small but not really a big target man! A support striker perhaps?

Andy74
10-07-2017, 04:07 PM
Dons supporting mate quite positive about him. Good hold-up player, but like others have said, not a goalscorer.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Strange they would say that when he scored at a good rate for them.

Viva_Palmeiras
10-07-2017, 04:09 PM
I'd have been happy if Hibs had signed that Nicky Maynard that Aberdeen just signed but they don't seem impressed. We're by no means the only support that can be tough to please!

Yup lost faith in the man that took the league down to the last day.

HibbyKeith
10-07-2017, 04:11 PM

what he said.

JimboHibs
10-07-2017, 04:12 PM
Some absolute utter ***** been posted on here before he's even kicked a ball.

brog
10-07-2017, 04:18 PM
He's definitely not a target man but neither is he someone who plays on the shoulder of the last man. I actually think he's not too dissimilar to Adam Rooney in that he works hard, is brave & although perhaps not naturally over gifted, will weigh in with a few goals. And before my Adam Rooney comparison is shouted down, remember James Collins outscored Rooney when they were both at Swindon.

Hibeesmad
10-07-2017, 04:19 PM
He has more experience than nearly every player we currently have, at 28 years old and already proving he can score in this league then I am optimistic and will give him full support

Roxyhibee
10-07-2017, 04:22 PM
his name rings a bell.

Dons singing his praises. Give hymn a chance.

Lago
10-07-2017, 04:25 PM

****ing tragic
Why are you supprised, Effe got the same treatment as did Murray, par for the course from the keyboard managers.

Pretty Boy
10-07-2017, 04:27 PM
His record at Aberdeen suggests he could do a job at Premiership level.

Like Pennant I'll judge him when I actually see him play rather than making my mind up based on a 30 second read of his biography on Wikipedia.

Heisenberg
10-07-2017, 04:28 PM
Aberdeen fans rated him as being pretty good/effective in his spell with them. Worth the look NL is going to give him in training. He'll surely get a game tomorrow as well you'd think.

Leith Green
10-07-2017, 04:28 PM
:agree: its getting very tiresome and spoiling this site for me.

Whilst i agree that a fans forum should allow opinions of varying types, I also completely agree that the constant negativity from some our supporters is way over the top

patch1875
10-07-2017, 04:33 PM
If we don't sign someone soon thing will become grave.

Roxyhibee
10-07-2017, 04:39 PM
If we don't sign someone soon thing will become grave.

Some people on here not willing to altar their opinion of him.

Souter96Mac
10-07-2017, 04:39 PM
I liked having a target man last season, think it worked well despite Holt not scoring a tonne. Again, much like a few folk, I don't know much about him but he sounds ok. Will trust Lenny to make his decision

coco22
10-07-2017, 04:40 PM
His record at Aberdeen suggests he could do a job at Premiership level.

Like Pennant I'll judge him when I actually see him play rather than making my mind up based on a 30 second read of his biography on Wikipedia.

Totally agree. For the millionth time this close season...let the management team do their jobs and then we can comment away (positively or not) once the new players have kicked a ball. I genuinely think our days of signing huddies are over!!

JJP
10-07-2017, 04:42 PM
You either trust the manager or you don't. I trust Neil Lennon to get it right. I've only watched the guy play for Aberdeen once against Celtic and he had a good game that night.

Smartie
10-07-2017, 04:43 PM

Not just that, but they feel the need to preach to the rest of us.

I think he'd be a good signing, as long as his wages aren't too steeple.

bingo70
10-07-2017, 04:46 PM
Totally agree. For the millionth time this close season...let the management team do their jobs and then we can comment away (positively or not) once the new players have kicked a ball. I genuinely think our days of signing huddies are over!!

Of course people will express opinions on prospective signings, that's what this place is all about, in an ideal world they'd all be great signings with amazing cv's but the reality on our budget is that in some cases players will need to prove some fans wrong and in many cases they won't be able to. If we just stopped discussing potential signings it would be pretty boring and more than a little weird.

J-C
10-07-2017, 04:47 PM
Jeezo, 49 goals in 270 appearances, that's worse than 1 in 5 :confused: It'll be a huge no from me.

E10 Rifle
10-07-2017, 04:50 PM
I like Church, maybe didn't quite hit the heights I thought he would as a youngster, but pretty fearless up front. He'll get on the end of the crosses at least, and sure he's not prolific, but he'd be a good addition for a year a lot like Holt was.

I see nothing negative in this, he's free, has a good track record of experience, so to me it's a calculated risk and one worth looking at.

S4uzee
10-07-2017, 04:51 PM
Graham, Murray and Church .... dearie me

MWHIBBIES
10-07-2017, 04:52 PM
Ahh yes, quick look at his wiki page, some basic maths and a "no from me"

The Hibs.net way

The_Exile
10-07-2017, 04:53 PM
If we're looking at him it won't be to come in and score 20 goals a season. A bit of perspective and a look at the bigger picture here folks!

patch1875
Not just that, but they feel the need to preach to the rest of us.

I think he'd be a good signing, as long as his wages aren't too steeple.

Don't fancy hymn.

J-C
I like Church, maybe didn't quite hit the heights I thought he would as a youngster, but pretty fearless up front. He'll get on the end of the crosses at least, and sure he's not prolific, but he'd be a good addition for a year a lot like Holt was.

I see nothing negative in this, he's free, has a good track record of experience, so to me it's a calculated risk and one worth looking at.

If we sign him and pulls on the green of Hibs he'll get all the support I can give, his stats don't look great that's for sure but last season we had a striker with good looking stats that struggled to score in the championship but as people have said, 6 in 13 for Aberdeen was decent.

Quarters
10-07-2017, 04:54 PM
So I've seen him a few times (albeit a fair few years ago when he was with Wycombe) and I'd say he was more than decent. He's not a natural finisher (he didn't score for us) but he's a reasonable target man and links play well. He's one of those players who is good enough at everything without being exceptional at anything, if you see what I mean, and he won't be a stand-out player as a result. I think he'd be a good signing though.

Borderhibbie76
10-07-2017, 04:55 PM
Let's just see how he does in training and maybe pre season matches before slagging the poor guy off. I'm presuming it would be perhaps Church and another striker ( hopefully stokes) so let's give the guy a chance. Jeez we haven't even signed him yet

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

JimboHibs
10-07-2017, 04:55 PM
Graham, Murray and Church .... dearie me

Marciano,Ambrose,Swanson ......dearie me

bigwheel
10-07-2017, 04:58 PM
So I've seen him a few times (albeit a fair few years ago when he was with Wycombe) and I'd say he was more than decent. He's not a natural finisher (he didn't score for us) but he's a reasonable target man and links play well. He's one of those players who is good enough at everything without being exceptional at anything, if you see what I mean, and he won't be a stand-out player as a result. I think he'd be a good signing though.

good to hear from someone who has actually seen him play...

E10 Rifle
10-07-2017, 04:58 PM
If we're looking at him it won't be to come in and score 20 goals a season. A bit of perspective and a look at the bigger picture here folks!

Absolutely correct. He's never a 20+ goals a season striker but he's a good player. He might get half of that, but he'll keep some of the more experienced centre halves we'll be coming up against occupied and that should create space for others.

Captain Trips
10-07-2017, 04:59 PM
I havent seen him but I had not seen much of Lafferty in the last few years either. He is a forward with a poor goal ratio and this is exactly the thing that put me right off Lafferty and I felt allowed me to laugh at them for signing somebody with a record of 1/5 roughly.

If we sign him hopefully this is the time he scores a lot but I really cannot put big question marks on Lafferty then not do same with Church.

eastcoasthibby

Glad to see we are looking at this type of player, I think his profile and style, fits with what NL seems to be doing by bringing in players that will allow us to play in a few different systems...and trying to make sure our goalscoring is not one person dependent !! Most folk were happy to go with Holt this season ...I think this guy would give us a lot more than Holt..so why all the moans ?
Also I think the likes of Boyce, Moult, Lafferty and possiy a few others are outwith our budgets of fees and/or wages ..so we need to gor best we can get, if Church fits the bill then thats that ..I trust our management to go for the best we can get and afford !!

S4uzee
Marciano,Ambrose,Swanson ......dearie me

Means nothing if you have poor strikers

J-C
10-07-2017, 05:02 PM
Absolutely correct. He's never a 20+ goals a season striker but he's a good player. He might get half of that, but he'll keep some of the more experienced centre halves we'll be coming up against occupied and that should create space for others.

If he's being brought in to do the job Holt did last year I'm ok with that, I initially thought he was being looked at as a main striker then seen his stats but we do need someone to play the target role and create space for the more natural scorers.

E10 Rifle
10-07-2017, 05:03 PM

Good assessment - we had him at Orient just after you and his 85th minute equaliser against Leeds will live long in the memory :wink:

ehf
10-07-2017, 05:03 PM

It's a posioned chalice being linked with a move to Hibs...

Hibby Kay-Yay
10-07-2017, 05:05 PM
It's a posioned chalice being linked with a move to Hibs...

He's got a good cross in him.

Captain Trips
10-07-2017, 05:06 PM
If he's being brought in to do the job Holt did last year I'm ok with that, I initially thought he was being looked as as a main striker then seen his stats but we do need someone to play the target role and create space for the more natural scorers.

The Holt job requires that person to be chipping in as well. We did not score enough goals IMO and the title was won from the back.

Pretty Boy
10-07-2017, 05:07 PM
Of course people will express opinions on prospective signings, that's what this place is all about, in an ideal world they'd all be great signings with amazing cv's but the reality on our budget is that in some cases players will need to prove some fans wrong and in many cases they won't be able to. If we just stopped discussing potential signings it would be pretty boring and more than a little weird.

There surely has to be a balance between discussing a signing and the constant draining negativity about every player we are linked with.

I don't watch a lot of football now but when I did unless I was actively looking out for a player I doubt I could have told you much about anyone in the English Championship or League 1. Yet apparently multiple people are able to judge a guy based on their memories of him playing in England 2 or 3 years ago? Tbh I had never heard of Simon Church until about an hour ago and given the reaction of the guys in my work when I mentioned him I wasn't alone in that. I'm sure there are a few people who genuinely know a bit about the guy but for most of us it's supposition. Some seem determined to rubbish the guy based on that.

JimboHibs
10-07-2017, 05:09 PM
Means nothing if you have poor strikers

So your writing off Murray already??

And Church who hasn't kicked a ball for us ??

Priceless

J-C
10-07-2017, 05:10 PM
The Holt job requires that person to be chipping in as well. We did not score enough goals IMO and the title was won from the back.

It looks like Lennon is wanting to spread the goals by bringing in players all capable of scoring around 15 per season, if Swanson, Murray, Boyle, Church and hopefully Stokes all chip in with 15 each, that goes a long way to getting a good few wins next season.

jacomo
10-07-2017, 05:16 PM
Why are you supprised, Effe got the same treatment as did Murray, par for the course from the keyboard managers.

Didn't know Cathro had an account on here.

E10 Rifle
10-07-2017, 05:16 PM

We've scored 6 in two pre-season games so far...

bingo70
10-07-2017, 05:17 PM
There surely has to be a balance between discussing a signing and the constant draining negativity about every player we are linked with.

I don't watch a lot of football now but when I did unless I was actively looking out for a player I doubt I could have told you much about anyone in the English Championship or League 1. Yet apparently multiple people are able to judge a guy based on their memories of him playing in England 2 or 3 years ago? Tbh I had never heard of Simon Church until about an hour ago and given the reaction of the guys in my work when I mentioned him I wasn't alone in that. I'm sure there are a few people who genuinely know a bit about the guy but for most of us it's supposition. Some seem determined to rubbish the guy based on that.

It's going to come down to each individual. Each and every signing we will ever make will have something on their cv that some people won't like, I suspect this happens at every club in the world, even the ones signing world class players.

IMO it's up to you if you want to be dragged down by the drainers, I personally find it quite easy to ignore them and in most cases look for the positives.

That said I remember throwing a huge tantrum when we signed David Gray based on his Wikipedia profile and similarly I went pretty raj when we missed out on Dylan Bikey.

People's opinions on signing players mean nothing as ultimately they'll be judged on the park.

guthrie01
10-07-2017, 05:18 PM
Sounds like the type of player we signed under Fenlon... mediocre

God I hope we get Stokes or I worry about our forward options for this season

Smartie
10-07-2017, 05:18 PM
Any signing is a gamble.

Many of our most disappointing signings have been the ones we've expected the most from and paid the most for (whilst some of our best signings have come from the most obscure of places and with little expectation).

It is probably a credit to LD and Stubbsy that our expectations regarding signings have been raised so high over the past few years that we now turn our noses up at so many perfectly reasonable targets. Just because we got Scott Allan, Dylan McGeouch, Dominique Malonga and Anthony Stokes to come and play for us in the Championship doesn't give us the right to turn our noses up at a player who has represented Wales on so many occasions.

There have been quite a few players who have been very successful in Scottish football without necessarily having had a glorious track record before arriving - think of the likes of Moult, Boyce or Michael Higdon.

Church might turn out to be a huddy. But some of the comments on this thread are ridiculous. And I'm not mad on the over-reliance on stats these days. I could live with our striker scoring one in 5 next season, as long as the wide players both chipped in with double figures, a midfielder got the same, our centre-backs got a few from corners (possibly won by the 1 in 5 striker) whilst our fullbacks chipped in with a few when they got forward. If the 1 in 5 striker was the glue that held together the entire forward line, I'd be perfectly happy.

Captain Trips
10-07-2017, 05:20 PM
We've scored 6 in two pre-season games so far...

That does not change what Isaid about our league campaign. Holt didnt play in those 2 games you mention. I am not saying Church will be a bad signing but I am questioning it and if the majority did not think Lafferty was worth it then why is Church?

As I say hopefully if he comes in he does well.

500miles
10-07-2017, 05:20 PM
I remember Church a bit from his time at Aberdeen. Rooney picked up a bad injury, and I thought that was a major blow for Aberdeen, but Church done really well when he came in. I looked him up on transfermarkt at the end of last season, because I thought he might've been a decent shout to replace Holt.

He ended up with a bad injury last season, which ruined his chance at Roda.

He could be a really shrewd signing if it comes to anything.

tamig
10-07-2017, 05:22 PM

Exactly. Joe Jordan was one of the finest target men I've ever seen. Highly effective but could never be called prolific. Church and Murray may just turn out to be a productive pairing.

Heisenberg
10-07-2017, 05:25 PM
The main thing will be how he's recovered from a very bad injury last season. If back to his best I reckon he'd be worth a place in the squad.

Captain Trips
10-07-2017, 05:36 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDL-XZGPMSA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBy4Wk8Y9nU

Ok goals but yeah I am sure I could have done same for Rowan Vine etc etc. I think he may be worth a punt zero harm in seeing him.

SMAXXA
10-07-2017, 05:49 PM
Love all the hibs fans who watches lots of Aberdeen when he was there lol. Give the guy a chance fds

The_Horde
10-07-2017, 06:15 PM
If Church comes in then Brian Graham moves on IMO decent replacement for Graham and we'd probably still need another 2 strikers too.

hibbydog
10-07-2017, 06:25 PM
Don't know much about him but having had a quick look online he appears to be a Holt-type striker and has played at a decent level.

6 goals in 13 appearances for Aberdeen at the end of the 15/16 season suggests he is more than capable at our level, welsh internationalist, and a good age as well.

Sounds positive.

Somebody posting such facts just gets in the way of my bed wetting agenda.....😜

Joking aside....Sounds about as good as we could realistically afford. If he's fit and hungry for it, sign him.

Caversham Green
10-07-2017, 06:54 PM
Love all the hibs fans who watches lots of Aberdeen when he was there lol. Give the guy a chance fds

I saw him play a helluva lot more games that the 13 he played for Aberdeen and I'm really not very enthusiastic at the prospect of him signing for Hibs. Quarters gives a good summary of the sort of player he is although he/she is more charitable than I would be. He got enough starts at Reading, but somehow never quite made the grade in what was a very ordinary squad. In fact I find it difficult to define exactly what his role was - neither a striker nor a target man and too far forward for an attacking midfielder. Ran about a lot though.

If he signs I genuinely hope he proves me wrong and rips the Premiership defences to shreds but right now I just can't see that happening.

bingo70
10-07-2017, 06:57 PM
I saw him play a helluva lot more games that the 13 he played for Aberdeen and I'm really not very enthusiastic at the prospect of him signing for Hibs. Quarters gives a good summary of the sort of player he is although he/she is more charitable than I would be. He got enough starts at Reading, but somehow never quite made the grade in what was a very ordinary squad. In fact I find it difficult to define exactly what his role was - neither a striker nor a target man and too far forward for an attacking midfielder. Ran about a lot though.

If he signs I genuinely hope he proves me wrong and rips the Premiership defences to shreds but right now I just can't see that happening.

I may be miles off with the comparison as it was years ago and I was pretty young at the time but whenever I hear people describing him I just think of Lee Power. 😁

I seem to remember he was just there and not particularly good at anything without being terrible.

KWJ
10-07-2017, 07:05 PM
http://www.afc-chat.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=39731&st=0

Very mixed review. My dons mate said this when i asked if he was any good.

'Nae really no. He scored about 6 goals for us but was always right place right time for them

Can say it's clever play and anticipation. Or luck

I wasn't a major fan'

Tyler Durden
10-07-2017, 07:14 PM
Somebody posting such facts just gets in the way of my bed wetting agenda.....😜

Joking aside....Sounds about as good as we could realistically afford. If he's fit and hungry for it, sign him.

We can realistically afford much better.

Aberdeen haven't gone back for him, that tells a story that they think they can do better. If he's a squad player then he's an upgrade from Graham. Otherwise we can do better

Wilson
10-07-2017, 07:17 PM
We can realistically afford much better.

Aberdeen haven't gone back for him, that tells a story that they think they can do better. If he's a squad player then he's an upgrade from Graham. Otherwise we can do better

I'm not sure. Aberdeen fans also made a scapegoat of Gary Smith. He did a decent job for us. I'd trust our coaching team over some gob***** sheep worrier.

CraigHibee
10-07-2017, 07:21 PM

Some folk expect Ronaldo or Messi

Unseen work
10-07-2017, 07:36 PM
Simon Church....

i wouldnt only be reasonably happy this if he is cheap, a squad player and Brian Graham is moved on.

Theres no way he can be our main striker for where we are aiming to be.

DTS
10-07-2017, 07:37 PM
Jesus he's in training with us and people are already taring into him saying he isn't good enough for us. Louis moult had done nothing down south before Motherwell yet people want us to go and splash the cash yes he's proved he can do it up here but church scored 6 in 13 in a 6 month spell which is almost a goal every 2 games which is better than moult. Not saying he's a world beater or that he should be signed but god give the lad a chance if he does sign. Lennon will sign him if he thinks he's good enough.

bigwheel
10-07-2017, 07:42 PM
Jesus he's in training with us and people are already taring into him saying he isn't good enough for us. Louis moult had done nothing down south before Motherwell yet people want us to go and splash the cash yes he's proved he can do it up here but church scored 6 in 13 in a 6 month spell which is almost a goal every 2 games which is better than moult. Not saying he's a world beater or that he should be signed but god give the lad a chance if he does sign. Lennon will sign him if he thinks he's good enough.

:top marks

KWJ
10-07-2017, 07:47 PM
Aberdeen have already brought in Nicky Maynard who will be their main striker along with Rooney. Reckon they will both top 15, maybe even 20.

NORTHERNHIBBY
10-07-2017, 08:09 PM
If Church can play a similar role to Holt but be a bit more mobile then he is worth a look at least.

RedHibby
10-07-2017, 09:11 PM
I dont have a problem with anyone Lennon thinks will do a job for us but I am worried that we are trying to do things on the cheap.

Heisenberg
10-07-2017, 09:13 PM
I dont have a problem with anyone Lennon thinks will do a job for us but I am worried that we are trying to do things on the cheap.

We were just prepared to pay 250k for a player. That's big money for us. We've got this guy in for a look. No harm in that.

Cletus
10-07-2017, 09:22 PM
Aisle be pleased if we get him. It's testament to our scouting network. Might altar our approach play. He marries fight with passion.

edwards
10-07-2017, 09:28 PM
Some absolute utter ***** been posted on here before he's even kicked a ball.

Whos says he is gonna kick a ba for hibs

blackpoolhibs
10-07-2017, 09:31 PM
Whos says he is gonna kick a ba for hibs

Nobody has said he's going to kick a ball for us, but there's plenty who dont even want us to run a rule over him to see what he's like?

Madness madness they call it madness.

SteveHFC
10-07-2017, 09:47 PM
Wonder if he'll play tomorrow night.

leither17
10-07-2017, 09:51 PM

What do you mean or, I expect both

Big L
10-07-2017, 10:03 PM
Aberdeen have already brought in Nicky Maynard who will be their main striker along with Rooney. Reckon they will both top 15, maybe even 20.

They are after Stevie May and have offered for Moult, one of them will be the main striker. They are also in for GMS.

Ken
10-07-2017, 10:11 PM
They are after Stevie May and have offered for Moult, one of them will be the main striker. They are also in for GMS.

They won't be able to afford GMS

tamig
10-07-2017, 10:38 PM
Simon Church....

i wouldnt only be reasonably happy this if he is cheap, a squad player and Brian Graham is moved on.

Theres no way he can be our main striker for where we are aiming to be.
I'll trust NL to decide if he thinks he can be our main striker or not. Some absolutely crazy comments on this thread.

Unseen work
10-07-2017, 11:04 PM
I'll trust NL to decide if he thinks he can be our main striker or not. Some absolutely crazy comments on this thread.

How is it crazy?

I have my own opinion on players and to me he isn't a hibs player.

If Lennon rates him then fair enough but from what I have seen I can't see him being the player we need.

keep in mind Lennon thinks we can finish second? Imo he needs to aim for a better player than him as our first team striker tto accomplish that

i would love to be wrong

tamig
10-07-2017, 11:17 PM
How is it crazy?

I have my own opinion on players and to me he isn't a hibs player.

If Lennon rates him then fair enough but from what I have seen I can't see him being the player we need.

keep in mind Lennon thinks we can finish second? Imo he needs to aim for a better player than him as our first team striker tto accomplish that

i would love to be wrong
There are so many comments - similar to when Simon Murray signed - around this view that certain players aren't good enough for us or "where we want to be". Most of the views are gleaned from a quick look at Wikipedia and no real knowledge of the player.

If our manager brings someone in to train with us and decides - based on what they've shown at East Mains - to offer them a deal, that will do for me. Too many on here are far too quick to write guys off before they've even signed.

I wish folk would just cut the negative pish and maybe try and be a wee bit more supportive. The negativity towards signings this summer appears to have ramped up a few notches imo.

Big L
10-07-2017, 11:38 PM
They won't be able to afford GMS

It's a loan deal. They offered for May, thst now looks like a loan deal, they offered the same £250k for Moult, Well refused. Christie is a loan deal. The sheep have recruited well.

kaimendhibs
11-07-2017, 12:12 AM
Ffs. Lets judge him on how he does for us. Too many critics on here

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Mikey09
11-07-2017, 12:13 AM
It's a loan deal. They offered for May, thst now looks like a loan deal, they offered the same £250k for Moult, Well refused. Christie is a loan deal. The sheep have recruited well.

Aberdeen have not signed May, Moult or GMS. Big difference being interested in guys like them and actually signing them. They've signed Tansey... Any better than Jack? Signed Maynard... Any better than McGinn? Lost Hayes. You could argue The Dons are weaker just now.

Unseen work
11-07-2017, 12:13 AM
There are so many comments - similar to when Simon Murray signed - around this view that certain players aren't good enough for us or "where we want to be". Most of the views are gleaned from a quick look at Wikipedia and no real knowledge of the player.

If our manager brings someone in to train with us and decides - based on what they've shown at East Mains - to offer them a deal, that will do for me. Too many on here are far too quick to write guys off before they've even signed.

I wish folk would just cut the negative pish and maybe try and be a wee bit more supportive. The negativity towards signings this summer appears to have ramped up a few notches imo.

There are also a lot of comments from people assuming it is based on Wikipedia.

i have seen Simon Church play plenty of times and imo he won't do well here. A lot of my Aberdeen supporting friends all find it highly amusing that we want him, take of that what you will.

if he signs I will be fully supporting and he will get my backing as the rest of the team do.

however I am not going to start claiming every player we get linked with is good purely for that reason and to try boost morale.

Fans and managers both both make mistakes with players, Lennon could get this one right. I hope he does.

hibbygraham
11-07-2017, 01:13 AM
There are also a lot of comments from people assuming it is based on Wikipedia.

i have seen Simon Church play plenty of times and imo he won't do well here. A lot of my Aberdeen supporting friends all find it highly amusing that we want him, take of that what you will.

if he signs I will be fully supporting and he will get my backing as the rest of the team do.

however I am not going to start claiming every player we get linked with is good purely for that reason and to try boost morale.

Fans and managers both both make mistakes with players, Lennon could get this one right. I hope he does.

Agreed. The general aversion to critical opinion on here routinely baffles me.

Many people posting honest opinions about Church have seen him play in the flesh - in my case, quite regularly when he was at Charlton. I was not impressed, for reasons stated earlier in the thread. My comments were not offensive; they were simply honest. My Charlton-supporting friend, when told of our potential interest, was not especially complimentary either (to say the least). FWIW, the last ex-Charlton player he said would not be good enough for us was Danny Haynes, who you might recall did very little, if anything, in the season we were relegated.

If Church signs, so be it. I, like all other Hibbies, will give him my support. Of course, he could still come good. Perhaps he has improved drastically in the time since I saw him. Notwithstanding, I thought some might have found it interesting to read a Hibs fan's assessment of a potential signing.

Perhaps for future threads we should just have one post at the start - something along the lines of "Well, if Lennon thinks he'll do a job, that's good enough for all of us" - and shut down any further discussion. That way we'll avoid the outrageous hassle of having people voicing differing opinions on a fans' messageboard.

Nemo
11-07-2017, 01:34 AM
This guy might be a superstar when he puts on the top, who knows, i hope so

but ive got to say, and i do trust lennon but i just cant see a 2nd place finish

given the alledged quality we're being linked with at the minute (Stokes aside)

and if some ITK ers on here are to be believed we're losing SJM to celtic aswell.

certainly given how Aberdeens recruitment is going so far also (Where ARE they getting the money from BTW, FFS, baffling!!)

in saying all that i still think we'll have a great season, maybe 4th, hopefully.

dmc1875
11-07-2017, 02:03 AM

but ive got to say, and i do trust lennon but i just cant see a 2nd place finish

given the alledged quality we're being linked with at the
and if some ITK ers on here are to be believed we're losing SJM to celtic aswell.

certainly given how Aberdeens recruitment is going so far also (Where ARE they getting the money from BTW, FFS, baffling!!)

in saying all that i still think we'll have a great season, maybe 4th, hopefully.

It's not baffling one of the directors based in the USA has put money in.

Nemo
11-07-2017, 05:19 AM
It's not baffling one of the directors based in the USA has put money in.

yes it is

Winston Ingram
11-07-2017, 05:35 AM

It's not baffling at all. Stuart Milne is providing the cash.

Tobias Funke
11-07-2017, 05:55 AM
yes it is

No, it really isn't. For the reasons already given.

DunblaneHibby
11-07-2017, 06:23 AM

Totally agree with this.

Peevemor
11-07-2017, 06:25 AM
It's not baffling at all. Stuart Milne is providing the cash.

Is it not their new investor? http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/40262391

MacGruber
11-07-2017, 06:28 AM

This tired old line always gets trotted out.
The next step up from Simon Church is Ronaldo obviously.
If you don't rate a potential signing you want Messi instead.
Last couple of years it's been 'who do you expect to sign in the Scottish Championship? If not Brian Graham,.. Ronaldo.. etc.

Just want us to sign as good as what's leaving or with potential to be. Otherwise we go backwards.
It's okay to say NL is the manager trust the people who know. Surely that's the same as trusting Pat Fenlon, Jim Duffy when they were in charge?

We are in a better league now with more revenue than when we signed Scott Allan, Henderson, stokes, McGinn, McGregor, Farid, Malonga. We can get good players in if not quite a Galactico!

Messageboards are about opinion. I don't rate Brian Graham as the quality of forward to be challenging for 2nd. I see Simon Churh in the same boat personally.

All about opinions and I assume everyone who either rates players or not desperately want them to succeed and if we sign Church I would love to be wrong about him.

LancsHibs
11-07-2017, 06:31 AM
I hate it when petential singings are written off and I'm putting my faith in NL to get the players in and have us challenging. Simon Church is a player I know nothing about, I was aware of the name but little else, this is usually the case before anybody signs for us. The one thing that worries me with this one is that SC played for Aberdeen last season, a club we aim to be competing with, they are in the same market as us for strikers, yet they are not at all interested in him?

Jag7
11-07-2017, 06:34 AM
Here you go .. Aberdeen recruiting well even though it's s loan ..

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/aberdeen/aberdeen-looking-to-sign-celtic-winger-gary-mackay-steven-1-4500096

Baw187
11-07-2017, 06:43 AM
Aberdeen seem to be after all the usual suspects and it smacks a bit of desperation to bring in established names. I'd rather we were looking a bit more widely and at players based on their attributes rather than just cause they've done well elsewhere. There's no guarantee that the like of May etc will fit in at Aberdeen and then they've just *****ed a load of cash.

While I take on board the comments on Church from those that have seen much more of him than I, it's possible we're just taking a look and Lennon might have a thought about where he might fit in and do a job for us.

Nemo
11-07-2017, 06:57 AM
No, it really isn't. For the reasons already given.

na its not

Ken
11-07-2017, 07:02 AM

Can't be a loan deal for GMS as only allowed one between clubs in the same league (Christie). If they can sort a permanent deal then fair enough but can't see Celtic allowing him to go for less than £500k and he'll probably be on £7k at Celtic. Fair play to Aberdeen if they can sort a deal

mcohibs
11-07-2017, 07:03 AM
The one thing that worries me with this one is that SC played for Aberdeen last season, a club we aim to be competing with, they are in the same market as us for strikers, yet they are not at all interested in him?

We have no idea whether Aberdeen are/ were interested in him or not.

sambajustice
11-07-2017, 07:10 AM
Aberdeen are going to be the team to beat unfortunately.

On the topic of Simon Church, I've a mate who is a fans rep on the FAW, I asked him about Church and just said to avoid him. No movement and can't head the ball.

When I put it to him that he must have something because he played in the euros semi he just said that Coleman loves him for some reason but most fans reckon he's a waste of a squad place!

I know that sounds overly negative but just passing on what in was told. I wouldn't know the guy from Adam so not about to slate or praise the guy because I have absolutely no knowledge of him!

Tyler Durden
11-07-2017, 07:12 AM
We have no idea whether Aberdeen are/ were interested in him or not.

Aye ok then

Tyler Durden
11-07-2017, 07:13 AM
Here you go .. Aberdeen recruiting well even though it's s loan ..

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/aberdeen/aberdeen-looking-to-sign-celtic-winger-gary-mackay-steven-1-4500096

It's not a loan, as stated within the first few paragraphs

flash
11-07-2017, 07:18 AM
I hate this place when the transfer window is open. I would imagine most players we are linked with hate this place too.

Big_Franck
11-07-2017, 07:21 AM
Last couple of years it's been 'who do you expect to sign in the Scottish Championship? If not Brian Graham,.. Ronaldo.. etc.

Just want us to sign as good as what's leaving or with potential to be. Otherwise we go backwards.
It's okay to say NL is the manager trust the people who know. Surely that's the same as trusting Pat Fenlon, Jim Duffy when they were in charge?

We are in a better league now with more revenue than when we signed Scott Allan, Henderson, stokes, McGinn, McGregor, Farid, Malonga. We can get good players in if not quite a Galactico!

Messageboards are about opinion. I don't rate Brian Graham as the quality of forward to be challenging for 2nd. I see Simon Churh in the same boat personally.

All about opinions and I assume everyone who either rates players or not desperately want them to succeed and if we sign Church I would love to be wrong about him.

Well said. The "Who do you want then, Messi?" chat is as boring as the "Tomorrow 5pm" joke that gets repeated over and over and over again on various threads at the moment.

Not sure if Church would be a good signing or not as I can't ever remember seeing him play. Fans can have an opinion on potential signings though, and it won't always be positive. As long as those fans give the player their backing if and when they pull on that beautiful green and white jersey it doesn't matter what's said on here.

Borderhibbie76
11-07-2017, 07:22 AM
Shame about GMS ...I'd hoped we would have ended up getting him

Iain G
11-07-2017, 07:32 AM

I really hate these Messi transfer windows, wish were were more organised :greengrin

mjhibby
11-07-2017, 07:34 AM

Indeed. I know fans want exciting transfers but to me signings like Danny swanson are every bit as important as the likes of stokes. He will get us goals in tight games and fills the wide left midfield berth we never had last season but never really needed. I'm sure will will get two decent strikers in but we would look foolish if we signed two to keep the fans happy then the likes of stokes went near the end of the window. Too much hysteria created by some posters and then stirred by the press. We have enough in the squad to easily qualify from our league cup group and will be happy if we have whittaker and another striker in for the Partick game. In previous season I concentrated more on Andy Murray at Wimbledon then looked at the transfers. Now it's 24/7 speculation most of it totally invented. Oh for the days before the Internet.

TheMentalHibees
11-07-2017, 07:36 AM
Every striker we get linked with is going to get shat on until we do/don't sign stokes. Folk need to get real, we're not signing a 20-25 goal a season striker. Only way we're getting one of those is if we produce them ourselves.

hibbysam
11-07-2017, 07:43 AM
Every striker we get linked with is going to get shat on until we do/don't sign stokes. Folk need to get real, we're not signing a 20-25 goal a season striker. Only way we're getting one of those is if we produce them ourselves.

That's rubbish... Many clubs have brought in 20+ goals per season men in recent years. Aberdeen with Rooney, Ross County with Boyce. Good recruitment will find you players capable of scoring goals in Scotland.

Velma Dinkley
11-07-2017, 07:43 AM
It's not a loan, as stated within the first few paragraphs

The paragraphs you refer to were inserted after they realised the made up story had no chance of being taken seriously.

ian cruise
11-07-2017, 07:45 AM
Just because players aren't performing down south doesn't mean they won't do well up here. Rooney and Stewart did nothing down south (Stewart didn't score a single goal) but most wanted them in our team. Moult did nothing, as did Boyce, but we were asking the club to bid 500k for them. Let's trust the coaching team to make an informed decision after seeing him with the rest of the players and see how he fits in.

Callum_62
11-07-2017, 07:52 AM
Just because players aren't performing down south doesn't mean they won't do well up here. Rooney and Stewart did nothing down south (Stewart didn't score a single goal) but most wanted them in our team. Moult did nothing, as did Boyce, but we were asking the club to bid 500k for them. Let's trust the coaching team to make an informed decision after seeing him with the rest of the players and see how he fits in.

[emoji1303]

Andy74
11-07-2017, 07:59 AM
That's rubbish... Many clubs have brought in 20+ goals per season men in recent years. Aberdeen with Rooney, Ross County with Boyce. Good recruitment will find you players capable of scoring goals in Scotland.

And their records didn't necessarily point to this prior to joining.

You just don't know.

Stewboy
11-07-2017, 08:00 AM

On the topic of Simon Church, I've a mate who is a fans rep on the FAW, I asked him about Church and just said to avoid him. No movement and can't head the ball.

When I put it to him that he must have something because he played in the euros semi he just said that Coleman loves him for some reason but most fans reckon he's a waste of a squad place!

I know that sounds overly negative but just passing on what in was told. I wouldn't know the guy from Adam so not about to slate or praise the guy because I have absolutely no knowledge of him!

Sure your mate knows his stuff, however if a manager who gets to the Semi final of a major European championship thinks he is worth a game then maybe he knows better?

Zazu62
11-07-2017, 08:01 AM
Better players might become available later in the transfer window

Gordy M
11-07-2017, 08:09 AM

Who have Aberdeen actually signed? Apparently in for may malony moult and now GMS. Not signed any of them?? I see they signed stewart who i dont think scored down south and maynard who again didnt score loads. Being linked with players isnt the same as signing them?!

brog
11-07-2017, 08:21 AM

Adam Rooney scored 5 goals in 30 games in his 1st season in the top flight of SPL. He's only scored 20 league goals once ( exactly 20 ) & that was in his 4th season. He scored less goals than James Collins when they were both at Swindon. Boyce played 3 seasons in the top flight & scored over 20 league goals once, last season. When we were strongly linked with Boyce during Fenlon's tenure most netters were as happy then as they are now with Church. The Mighty Burton have now taken a chance on Boyce & despite Rooney's exploits with Aberdeen it doesn't look as if English clubs are queuing up for his services. FWIW I'm not jumping out my seat at the prospect of signing Church but his record in SPL ( albeit brief ) is at least as good as those 2 & he's only training with us for now. I'm not a happy clapper, I'm far from convinced that NL really has an eye for a striker ( though I'm happy with SM ) but I'll judge him at the end of the window & the end of the season.

SlickShoes
11-07-2017, 08:55 AM
I hate it when petential singings are written off and I'm putting my faith in NL to get the players in and have us challenging. Simon Church is a player I know nothing about, I was aware of the name but little else, this is usually the case before anybody signs for us. The one thing that worries me with this one is that SC played for Aberdeen last season, a club we aim to be competing with, they are in the same market as us for strikers, yet they are not at all interested in him?

Aberdeen aren't quite in the same market as us, they have 3 years of being the second best team in the country. That means nothing to me as a hibs fan but to potential signings it can make a huge difference, I'd also think they will have more money available than we do.

SlickShoes
11-07-2017, 09:00 AM

Adam Rooney before joining Aberdeen:

2011–2013 Birmingham City 18 games 4 Goals
2012–2013 → Swindon Town (loan) 29 games 9 Goals
2013–2014 Oldham Athletic 24 Games 4 Goals

Liam Boyce before joining Ross Co was playing for Cliftonville in the NIR league. I am sure had we went for him people would have found a way to write him off based on that.

MikeyS
11-07-2017, 09:16 AM

neither Rooney or Boyce were 20 goal per season strikers before coming up here so your example doesn't really stand up.

ChrissyG1875
11-07-2017, 09:53 AM
neither Rooney or Boyce were 20 goal per season strikers before coming up here so your example doesn't really stand up.
I might be wrong but I think that's precisely the point he's making. Just because they didn't elsewhere, doesn’t mean they won't here

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Speedway
11-07-2017, 10:12 AM
I might be wrong but I think that's precisely the point he's making. Just because they didn't elsewhere, doesn’t mean they won't here

That's true of absolutely any signing.

hibbysam
11-07-2017, 10:15 AM

I'm bothered about how many someone scores here, not elsewhere. If he scores 5 goals elsewhere but 22 here, he's a 20-25 goal striker. The point that was made is that the only way we will have another 20+ goal striker is if we produce him, which is completely untrue.

ChrissyG1875
11-07-2017, 10:26 AM
That's true of absolutely any signing.
So yeah, with good recruitment you can absolutely sign someone capable of scoring 20+ at our level. The guy seems to be saying the only way it's possible to get that is with a home grown player

Forza Fred
11-07-2017, 10:50 AM
Seven pages of debate so far as to whether he is Hibs Class or not.

I'll await the manager's opinion before I decide.

Flyingwaitor
11-07-2017, 10:53 AM
Just read an article on him from june '17. Played 4 games in holland and picked up a bad hip injury (astroturf related). Had surgery and crutches for 10 weeks. Rehab took half a season so ended the deal early. Looks like he is fit now though. Says he has a young family and wants any deal to take that into account. Any player we dont know too much about is a risk (for fans anyway) but im sure NL knows what he is after. I guess we will see!

Sent from my PLK-L01 using Tapatalk

Wilson
11-07-2017, 10:59 AM
Seven pages of debate so far as to whether he is Hibs Class or not.

I'll await the manager's opinion before I decide.

I have plenty of time for people's opinions. It always seems though that negative opinions are loudest and most frequent.

To be wanted at our club, by a coach like Neil Lennon, has to speak volumes. If we went with popular opinion then no signing appears to be good enough.

Scouse Hibee
11-07-2017, 11:06 AM

I think you missed his point.

Zazu62
11-07-2017, 11:55 AM
If all else fails, try Wales

Borderhibbie76
11-07-2017, 04:02 PM
Better players might become available later in the transfer windowI'm no bed-wetter but this is fast becoming the new post 30th June .net fact mate. I'm sure the signings will come but fed up reading this nonsense tbh. Firstly it was the signings will all arrive after 30th June under freedom of contract now it's later in the window...let's just wait and see what transpires...

eastcoasthibby
11-07-2017, 04:08 PM

If SJM goes we must have all the cash to bring in his replacement ..if he goes to Sellick..I think we will keep him on loan,and Henderson will be part of the deal, maybe another Cifti or GMS...but we really doneed himto stay cos I don't know who is in our price range.to replace him !!

Spike Mandela
11-07-2017, 06:54 PM
I thought we were done signing mediocrity?

Andy74
11-07-2017, 07:10 PM
I thought we were done signing mediocrity?

Maybe, but no one ever confirmed that dafties on the internet would be the judge of that.

Spike Mandela
11-07-2017, 07:25 PM
Maybe, but no one ever confirmed that dafties on the internet would be the judge of that.

Everyone is a judge of that, dafties and geniuses.:cb

Libby Hibby
11-07-2017, 07:30 PM
If Simon Church joins us, he will be the 3rd current internationalist to sign in this window.

Just let that sink in for a moment.

3rd current internationalist to sign for us.

CapitalGreen
11-07-2017, 07:31 PM
I'm no bed-wetter but this is fast becoming the new post 30th June .net fact mate. I'm sure the signings will come but fed up reading this nonsense tbh. Firstly it was the signings will all arrive after 30th June under freedom of contract now it's later in the window...let's just wait and see what transpires...

Now you know how the rest of us feel reading your constant moaning.

Spike Mandela
11-07-2017, 07:43 PM
If Simon Church joins us, he will be the 3rd current internationalist to sign in this window.

3rd current internationalist to sign for us.

Jonathon Johansson was a current International when we signed him and had just scored against Germany.

Owain Tudor Jones was a current Welsh International

No guarantees of anything. Not saying he isn't a good player, just my opinion he isn't anything special. Others seem to have a similar opinion. Could be right, could be wrong but it is a valid opinion nonetheless.

MWHIBBIES
11-07-2017, 07:50 PM
Jonathon Johansson was a current International when we signed him and had just scored against Germany.

No guarantees of anything. Not saying he isn't a good player, just my opinion he isn't anything special. Others seem to have a similar opinion. Could be right, could be wrong but it is a valid opinion nonetheless.

Hmmmm

Spike Mandela
11-07-2017, 07:57 PM
Hmmmm

MWHIBBIES.........what I mean is I'm not saying he's a complete huddy, just that he won't set the heather alight imo.

Libby Hibby
11-07-2017, 07:58 PM

When was the last time we signed 3 current internationalists in 1 window?

Our signing policy is miles away from the 2 duds you mention and quite frankly I trust the quality of player we are trying to bring in and trust the manager to do his job and assess if a player is good enough to be offered a contract.

Just my opinion of course.

Borderhibbie76
11-07-2017, 08:01 PM

Our signing policy is miles away from the 2 duds you mention and quite frankly I trust the quality of player we are trying to bring in and trust the manager to do his job and assess if a player is good enough to be offered a contract.

Just my opinion of course.I would agree with that Libby [emoji106][emoji106]

weecounty hibby
11-07-2017, 08:49 PM
Everyone is a judge of that, dafties and geniuses.:cb

Wonder which camp you are in? My near 30 years experience (how scary is that?!) would suggest the former :-)

Spike Mandela
11-07-2017, 09:03 PM
Wonder which camp you are in? My near 30 years experience (how scary is that?!) would suggest the former :-)

I'm a daft genius, obviously.:na na:

weecounty hibby
11-07-2017, 09:16 PM
I'm a daft genius, obviously.:na na:

If he signs he will be our new Brian Hamilton. I will see all of those good things that daft geniuses like yourself just won't get. Cue many arguments on the bus home to Alloa after the games!!

MacGruber
11-07-2017, 09:58 PM
If he signs he will be our new Brian Hamilton. I will see all of those good things that daft geniuses like yourself just won't get. Cue many arguments on the bus home to Alloa after the games!!

Looks like Church and Pennant will be offered terms going by what Lennon is saying.

greenlex
11-07-2017, 10:25 PM
Looks like Church and Pennant will be offered terms going by what Lennon is saying.
We will be a better squad for it too.

MacGruber
11-07-2017, 10:50 PM
All about opinions

Id have had Fyvie and Holt any day of the week over those 2. & they were up for and wanting to stay.

Id rather we were in for Lewis Morgan or Henderson than Pennant who I suspect will start the season reasonably well and tail off quite quickly

All just IMO o course

E10 Rifle
11-07-2017, 10:53 PM

And at least this one has turned to up to a bit of pre-season!

Mr Grieves
11-07-2017, 11:22 PM

Have to say I'm a bit concerned by this. I'm struggling to see where we've strengthened from last season.

SteveHFC
12-07-2017, 02:06 AM

Church to replace Holt?

Nemo
12-07-2017, 02:38 AM
If SJM goes we must have all the cash to bring in his replacement ..if he goes to Sellick..I think we will keep him on loan,and Henderson will be part of the deal, maybe another Cifti or GMS...but we really doneed himto stay cos I don't know who is in our price range.to replace him !!

Exactly, would be nigh on impossible to get same quality in on our budget

Caversham Green
12-07-2017, 07:47 AM

To be fair, when we signed Tudur Jones he was about the same age as Church and had six caps for Wales and got one more while he was here. Church has 38 and counting. He might not be an exciting signing (IMO) but he is several steps up from Owain Tudur Jones and a past-it Jonathon Johansson.

G B Young
12-07-2017, 07:57 AM
I know Holt didn't score too many, but he was a decent big presence up front and had a bit of big game experience about him. While I thought it was the right move to let him go having played his part in getting us promoted, I'm not sure a front pair of Church and Murray compared to Holt and Cummings is one which would fill us with confidence. I'd be very surprised if there isn't another striker being targeted, especially as we also let Keatings go. If we could bring in Stokes as well that would cast a whole different light on things.

Brightside
12-07-2017, 07:58 AM
Stokes Murray Church.

Would people not fancy that forward line?

Spike Mandela
12-07-2017, 08:01 AM
Stokes Murray Church.

What's the main two?

Brightside
12-07-2017, 08:07 AM
What's the main two?

Why not a three? Plenty options... and plenty more to come.

Souter96Mac
12-07-2017, 08:14 AM
Wouldn't mind the three. Midfield behind of mcginn mcgeouch and bartley would look v decent. If we can keep SJM and bring in two strikers, I'll be happy.

Mr Grieves
12-07-2017, 08:16 AM
Stokes Murray Church.

It's worse than what we had 2 seasons ago when we bad Stokes Cummings, or even last season when we had Holt Cummings.

Speedway
12-07-2017, 08:31 AM
It's worse than what we had 2 seasons ago when we bad Stokes Cummings, or even last season when we had Holt Cummings.

How do you know, given that you've never seen them play together?

Brightside
12-07-2017, 08:51 AM

Exactly. The majority of people on here haven't actually seen Church in a game of football. Comments based on wiki stats!

Velma Dinkley
12-07-2017, 08:56 AM
If the surgery to fix his longterm hip problem has been successful he should have his best footballing years ahead of him. Having him in for training will let the coaching/medical staff see if that's the case or not.

Ozyhibby
12-07-2017, 09:40 AM
Exactly. The majority of people on here haven't actually seen Church in a game of football. Comments based on wiki stats!

I've never seen him play. However I don't expect his goalscoring rate to change either way at his age. He has scored a goal every 6 games throughout his career.
Now because I've never seen him play it's possible that he has a great all round game that creates for others. However a quick look at Aberdeen forums seems to indicate that this is not the case either. They thought he scored but not much else(he had a small purple patch there although only over 13 games, his 6 goal return was decent).
Signing a 1 goal in 6 striker when we have struggled to score goals as badly as we have seems like a crazy decision to me. He is also a player clubs don't seem to want to keep much after one season.
Wiki stats or not, he looks like a massive gamble and not a very exciting one at that.

Mr Grieves
12-07-2017, 09:59 AM

If it all clicks and they all have a higher scoring rate than their history suggests they will have, brilliant. It's a massive gamble though, not one one of them are any better than the person they're replacing.

Nemo
12-07-2017, 10:12 AM
Well said. The "Who do you want then, Messi?" chat is as boring as the "Tomorrow 5pm" joke that gets repeated over and over and over again on various threads at the moment.

Not sure if Church would be a good signing or not as I can't ever remember seeing him play. Fans can have an opinion on potential signings though, and it won't always be positive. As long as those fans give the player their backing if and when they pull on that beautiful green and white jersey it doesn't matter what's said on here.

Some posters are very passive aggressive on here i've noticed

and some of them are just dicks

hibbysam
12-07-2017, 10:48 AM
I've never seen him play. However I don't expect his goalscoring rate to change either way at his age. He has scored a goal every 6 games throughout his career.
Now because I've never seen him play it's possible that he has a great all round game that creates for others. However a quick look at Aberdeen forums seems to indicate that this is not the case either. They thought he scored but not much else(he had a small purple patch there although only over 13 games, his 6 goal return was decent).
Signing a 1 goal in 6 striker when we have struggled to score goals as badly as we have seems like a crazy decision to me. He is also a player clubs don't seem to want to keep much after one season.
Wiki stats or not, he looks like a massive gamble and not a very exciting one at that.

If he signs why not give him a chance to show us what he can do. He has never scored 1 goal in 6 in Scotland, in fact his 1 in 2 is extremely good.

Hardly a "Massive gamble" also, he is out of contract so costing nothing, and will hardly be on a huge wage. Not many could find holes with Hibs signing multiple internationals, but you manage every single rumour to find a negative to it.

I'll certainly trust Lennon's instincts in regards to a player, and give him a chance to show us what he can do if he signs.

Tyler Durden
12-07-2017, 10:57 AM
If he signs why not give him a chance to show us what he can do. He has never scored 1 goal in 6 in Scotland, in fact his 1 in 2 is extremely good.

Hardly a "Massive gamble" also, he is out of contract so costing nothing, and will hardly be on a huge wage. Not many could find holes with Hibs signing multiple internationals, but you manage every single rumour to find a negative to it.

I'll certainly trust Lennon's instincts in regards to a player, and give him a chance to show us what he can do if he signs.

Pa Kujabi was an international. I couldn't care less how many caps players have.

Also, does anyone believe that those amongst us who don't rate Church and have made so called negative comments, would be wishing him anything but 100% success if he signs?

This is a forum for passing comment. We have no choice but to trust Lennons judgement. So far it's not been great when it comes to identifying and signing forwards IMO

hibbysam
12-07-2017, 11:06 AM
Pa Kujabi was an international. I couldn't care less how many caps players have.

Also, does anyone believe that those amongst us who don't rate Church and have made so called negative comments, would be wishing him anything but 100% success if he signs?

This is a forum for passing comment. We have no choice but to trust Lennons judgement. So far it's not been great when it comes to identifying and signing forwards IMO

Did Pa Kujabi play in a major semi final for his country? He has/had 10 caps for Gambia, Church has 38 caps for Wales, not much difference your right.

He signed players that got us promoted and to a Scottish Cup semi final, he signed the players to get the job done and it worked.

Calling Church a "Massive gamble" is about as wide of the mark as it gets. In fact you can't really get less of a gamble. A guy that has played and scored for the second best side in this league, who has played, and scored multiple times for his country, who is on a free... If you can show me the gamble there...

IAmLee
12-07-2017, 11:08 AM
Wouldn't mind us signing Church at all, Aberdeen fans seemed to rate him and his goalscoring record up here isn't bad, sometimes a player and a league just click so maybe he is just more suited to Scottish football than English? The only reservation I would have is that he's being brought in as JC's replacement. Would much rather he's being looked at to replace Holt/Graham and we are still looking at strikers who have a proven record of scoring goals over more than one season.

Borderhibbie76
12-07-2017, 11:11 AM
Stokes Murray Church.

Would people not fancy that forward line?I'd deffo be happy with that with Shaw as back up

worcesterhibby
12-07-2017, 11:17 AM
I'd deffo be happy with that with Shaw as back up

I thought Church was excellent for Aberdeen, particularly in the air where we have struggled to score enough goals in recent years.

Stokes, Murray, Church, Shaw looks decent to me, especially when you add goals from Swanson and Squirrel (who I think will kick on this year and get 10 goals).

:flag::greengrin:flag:

Iain G
12-07-2017, 11:21 AM
Wouldn't mind us signing Church at all, Aberdeen fans seemed to rate him and his goalscoring record up here isn't bad, sometimes a player and a league just click so maybe he is just more suited to Scottish football than English? The only reservation I would have is that he's being brought in as JC's replacement. Would much rather he's being looked at to replace Holt/Graham and we are still looking at strikers who have a proven record of scoring goals over more than one season.

As a straight replacement for Holt he seems to be a good option, has scored goals in the SPL and has 38 caps for Wales so good international experience. His name might not set the heather on fire but he could be a very effective option for us in our forward line, especially if coupled with a Murray or Stokes. :agree:

Borderhibbie76
12-07-2017, 11:22 AM
I thought Church was excellent for Aberdeen, particularly in the air where we have struggled to score enough goals in recent years.

Stokes, Murray, Church, Shaw looks decent to me, especially when you add goals from Swanson and Squirrel (who I think will kick on this year and get 10 goals).

:flag::greengrin:flag:Yeah 2 more strikers in (stokes and church perhaps) would be fine I think as we will probably sign another attacking midfielder (similar to berry) and should expect a reasonable number of goals from the likes of swanson and Boyle....and hopefully SJM if he's still here (pray)

The_Horde
12-07-2017, 11:24 AM
Way I see it. Last season we had 4 strikers. Holt and Cummings were first picks. Keatings and Graham were backup.

We've lost 3 of those strikers and signed one. Murray comes in to replace Keatings. We still need our 2 main forwards and probably another when Graham leaves.

So for me, Church (if even signed) and Murray are Graham and Keatings from last season leaving 2 spaces open for our first choices.

Shaw will go out on loan again.

Lago
12-07-2017, 11:29 AM
Way I see it. Last season we had 4 strikers. Holt and Cummings were first picks. Keatings and Graham were backup.

We've lost 3 of those strikers and signed one. Murray comes in to replace Keatings. We still need our 2 main forwards and probably another when Graham leaves.

So for me, Church (if even signed) and Murray are Graham and Keatings from last season leaving 2 spaces open for our first choices.

Nope no way is Murray this seasons Keatings.

MacGruber
12-07-2017, 11:55 AM
Stokes Murray Church.

Do you have confidence we'll get Stokes?

Ozyhibby
12-07-2017, 12:02 PM
but you manage every single rumour to find a negative to it.

That's just not true. If you could show me any negative comments I made about Ambrose, McGinn, Commons, Allan, Henderson, Shinnie (although I got that wrong), Marciano, Fyvie or McGeogh before they signed?
I did get David Gray wrong and I was not sure about Fontaine but he's been a great signing.
All I'm saying is, when it comes to strikers, past performance in goals per game ratios is a handy guide. They tend not to change their game overnight. Yams saying Lafferty will score 20 goals this season are deluding themselves. And Hibs fans thinking this guy will come in and get 10-15 are doing the same. IMHO.
And IMHO, Lafferty is a better player than this guy.

Springbank
12-07-2017, 12:06 PM

Apart from the time when he was in the division we would be signing him to play in, when he got a goal every other game (1 in 2 ratio) at Aberdeen

500miles
12-07-2017, 12:09 PM

Why?

Fantastic youth record and scoring goals in pre-season. Lennon wanted him back towards the end of last year.

It's Shaw's time to breakthrough, otherwise we may as well abandon the youth set up.

Ozyhibby
12-07-2017, 12:20 PM
Apart from the time when he was in the division we would be signing him to play in, when he got a goal every other game (1 in 2 ratio) at Aberdeen

I'd be more comfortable if that had been over more than 13 games.

Geo_1875
12-07-2017, 12:20 PM
That's just not true. If you could show me any negative comments I made about Ambrose, McGinn, Commons, Allan, Henderson, Shinnie (although I got that wrong), Marciano, Fyvie or McGeogh before they signed?
I did get David Gray wrong and I was not sure about Fontaine but he's been a great signing.
All I'm saying is, when it comes to strikers, past performance in goals per game ratios is a handy guide. They tend not to change their game overnight. Yams saying Lafferty will score 20 goals this season are deluding themselves. And Hibs fans thinking this guy will come in and get 10-15 are doing the same. IMHO.

James Collins, 1 in 3 overall but 1 in 6 at Hibs.

hibbysam
12-07-2017, 12:44 PM
I'd be more comfortable if that had been over more than 13 games.

Even if he played more than 13 games, he would have to have failed to score in his next 23 games for him to score 1 in 6 in Scotland.

Lafferty has never had a good ratio in Scotland, Church's ratio was fairly good in Scotland where he would be playing. Rooney and Boyce, two players you have shouted about in the past, have woeful records before they came up the road, where there scoring records rocketed. It is fairly simple to understand why a player with a poorer record elsewhere may come here and score plenty goals.

Another player you are looking to get in is Tony Stokes, a man who hasn't scored many elsewhere, very poor in fact, but his goals to game ratio up here is extremely good.

hibbysam
12-07-2017, 12:51 PM

Another being Louis Moult, you want us to sign him, 1 in 4 elsewhere, comes to Scotland and scores 1 in 2.

BegbieHSC
12-07-2017, 01:20 PM
I'm sure if Lennon signs him, it will be because he's good enough for the squad...not because he sees hibs fans pissing ourselves over the transfer window thus far.

Baw187
12-07-2017, 01:49 PM
Past records count for very little as long as the manager sees potential and a plan for how a player will fit in to the team. Maybe these names aren't piss your pants type of players but I've seen few of those types that have signed for us that have been great. Mostly the players we thought were crap or we hadn't heard of do the business.

After all, Mixu was past it and a big huddie when he signed for us was he not?

Caversham Green
12-07-2017, 03:46 PM

On that basis, comparing records in the English second tier and the Scottish top tier (where they'll potentially be playing this season), Simon Church is a much better prospect than Anthony Stokes.

Smartie
12-07-2017, 04:13 PM
Past records count for very little as long as the manager sees potential and a plan for how a player will fit in to the team. Maybe these names aren't piss your pants type of players but I've seen few of those types that have signed for us that have been great. Mostly the players we thought were crap or we hadn't heard of do the business.

After all, Mixu was past it and a big huddie when he signed for us was he not?

I remember the moment I heard about Mixu signing for us.

I was in the bath at my mum and dad's house when I heard a commotion, a whole load of F'ing and blinding. It was my brother storming around the house and he shouted through the wall to me words to the effect that whilst we knew things were bad (being about halfway down the First Division at the time) he didn't think it was so bad that we needed to sign that f*****g overweight, over the hill, journeyman, Aberdeen/ Dundee United/ Bolton/ Wolves reject pile of s***e and followed it up with a whole bunch of other expletives about how poor a signing he thought it was.

It was the 1998 equivalent of going onto hibs.net and suggesting that a signing left you underwhelmed.

Mixu remains to this day my favourite signing for Hibs, and my brother grew to appreciate him too.

And my brother has gone on to have a career that involves a fairly careful choice of words.

Baw187
12-07-2017, 04:17 PM
I remember the moment I heard about Mixu signing for us.

I was in the bath at my mum and dad's house when I heard a commotion, a whole load of F'ing and blinding. It was my brother storming around the house and he shouted through the wall to me words to the effect that whilst we knew things were bad (being about halfway down the First Division at the time) he didn't think it was so bad that we needed to sign that f*****g overweight, over the hill, journeyman, Aberdeen/ Dundee United/ Bolton/ Wolves reject pile of s***e and followed it up with a whole bunch of other expletives about how poor a signing he thought it was.

It was the 1998 equivalent of going onto hibs.net and suggesting that a signing left you underwhelmed.

Mixu remains to this day my favourite signing for Hibs, and my brother grew to appreciate him too.

And my brother has gone on to have a career that involves a fairly careful choice of words.

That's brilliant! [emoji23][emoji23]

Exactly how I remember conversations going with my old man and mates as well!!

JDT
12-07-2017, 04:34 PM
I don't understand why we'd need Church & Graham. Both similar players with a not so great goal ratio. One or the other would do surely?

dmc1875
12-07-2017, 04:47 PM
I don't understand why we'd need Church & Graham. Both similar players with a not so great goal ratio. One or the other would do surely?

Two big and two more mobile strikers is what we should have so it makes sense to get someone else like church in to me