PDA

View Full Version : "Edinburgh Suite" hospitality - thoughts etc?

lyonhibs
10-07-2017, 02:32 PM
I'm thinking of booking this for myself and a mate for the Celtic game in December - a while away I know but I like to be prepared.

Has anyone ever experienced it? Is it worth it or are you as good buying a normal ticket and going for a meal elsewhere? (aside from the whole "more money will go to Hibs" angle). I guess there isn't a formal dress code, not that I'd be turning up looking like a full kit ****er in any case.

Thanks for any input/experience you may have.

kevinc
10-07-2017, 02:46 PM
I'm thinking of booking this for myself and a mate for the Celtic game in December - a while away I know but I like to be prepared.

Has anyone ever experienced it? Is it worth it or are you as good buying a normal ticket and going for a meal elsewhere? (aside from the whole "more money will go to Hibs" angle). I guess there isn't a formal dress code, not that I'd be turning up looking like a full kit ****er in any case.

I haven't experienced the Edinburgh suite but was in the Gallery for the Scottish Cup replay versus Hertz earlier this year. It was a great evening and we were very well looked after, dress code was fairly relaxed. I am sure that you could get a ticket and food cheaper elsewhere but I think that the extra expense is worth it for a special occasion, hospitality seems to be growing in popularity so it may be worth booking fairly early.

Carheenlea
10-07-2017, 03:11 PM

I was lucky enough to win a hospitality day last season, and an enjoyable day out was had. Menu changes, but on our occasion we had beef stoves, with vegetarian options, and some went for a bit of both, and seconds were there if you wanted them. Drink on arrival then cash bar, and seats were in West Lower which were terrific as you felt part of the crowd and not detached a little like the upper executive. (This would need to be considered carefully should an opposition fan be in your group)
With snacks at half time, player interviews and being looked after well, it's something I'd consider paying for as a treat/day out with friends.

Craig_HFC
10-07-2017, 03:15 PM
I was in the Edinburgh Suite yesterday for Lewis's testimonial & at the Ayr game last season after I was lucky enough to win a MarathonBet competition. Dress code is smart/casual and it's pretty relaxed as both times there were people wearing Hibs polo shirts.

happiehibbie
10-07-2017, 04:04 PM
I had three tickets 4 seasons ago for me not value for money I felt the pre match was rushed you had to buy food which was not the best half time pie and cake @£1000 each however my seats where top notch Laurie and Pat right next to me Pat had some great stories TBH

Brightside
10-07-2017, 04:13 PM
I had three tickets 4 seasons ago for me not value for money I felt the pre match was rushed you had to buy food which was not the best half time pie and cake @£1000 each however my seats where top notch Laurie and Pat right next to me Pat had some great stories TBH
1000 each??

Funkydunc
10-07-2017, 04:35 PM
Must of had a season ticket

Albanian Hibs
10-07-2017, 04:48 PM
This game may be moved for tv??

Stantons Angel
10-07-2017, 04:59 PM
it used to be that the Hearts Rangers and Celtic games were usually full Hospitality packages which usually cost around £160 per person and are usually contained within the Gallery Restaurant.
The cost usually covered a meal and drinks included along with the usual matchday speakers and programme etc.

The Edinburgh suite usually has a pay bar and food with seats in executive upstairs seating, The cost for this is somewhat cheaper and is contained in the actual suite itself.

You would be better looking up details of all the hospitality packages on the club site to get the correct prices and content of each package. I hope this is useful to you.

Brooster
10-07-2017, 06:09 PM
The Gallery is great. Great food and lots of booze and super entertainment. 35 of us go to 1 game each season.....a great day out.

10-07-2017, 06:25 PM
Been in hospitality a couple of times and really enjoyed it. Wouldn't be something I did every week (couldn't afford it for starters!) as I prefer being part of the main crowd but for one off occasions its very well done. We had a lovely meal, few drinks and it was all hosted very well with hibs.

lyonhibs
10-07-2017, 07:45 PM
it used to be that the Hearts Rangers and Celtic games were usually full Hospitality packages which usually cost around £160 per person and are usually contained within the Gallery Restaurant.
The cost usually covered a meal and drinks included along with the usual matchday speakers and programme etc.

The Edinburgh suite usually has a pay bar and food with seats in executive upstairs seating, The cost for this is somewhat cheaper and is contained in the actual suite itself.

You would be better looking up details of all the hospitality packages on the club site to get the correct prices and content of each package. I hope this is useful to you.

Hi, all the written details etc I know.

It's just personal experience/opinions I was after.

Cheers though 👍