PDA

View Full Version : NHC Wayne Rooney

Lago
09-07-2017, 09:16 PM
Judging by the photos has lost weight & looks as fit as a fiddle as he signs for Everton.

Captain Trips
09-07-2017, 09:24 PM
Judging by the photos has lost weight & looks as fit as a fiddle as he signs for Everton.

I have a feeling Rooney is going to do extremely well at Everton.

Lago
09-07-2017, 09:30 PM
I totally agree with you:aok:

lugz
09-07-2017, 09:32 PM
Would love to be at the first home game at Goodison the atmosphere will be amazing. Always nice to see players go home and hopefully finish their career with their team.

jacomo
09-07-2017, 09:47 PM

I think he's finished and he isn't a Koeman signing at all. But we shall see!

Scouse Hibee
09-07-2017, 11:06 PM
I think he's finished and he isn't a Koeman signing at all. But we shall see!

Have seen lots of similar opinions from Everton fans saying it's a Kenwright signing for sentiment. Time will tell I suppose.

High-On-Hibs
09-07-2017, 11:14 PM
Made the most stupendous amount of money in his career at a time when he did the very least. Makes you feel almost sick in a way.

MWHIBBIES
09-07-2017, 11:20 PM
Would love to be at the first home game at Goodison the atmosphere will be amazing. Always nice to see players go home and hopefully finish their career with their team.
Even better to see them stay their whole career.

Chip shop Joe
09-07-2017, 11:30 PM
Maybe not the player he was but still has enough class to rattle in a good few goals this season.

Tell you what though £75 million with a potential £15m in addons plus Rooney on a free and some of his wages paid is some bit of business by Everton!

HoboHarry
10-07-2017, 04:13 AM
Made the most stupendous amount of money in his career at a time when he did the very least. Makes you feel almost sick in a way.
Aye every Man U fan will be glad to see the back of him right enough. :rolleyes:

lyonhibs
10-07-2017, 05:30 AM

You mean apart from becoming England and Man U's top scorer??

I think he'll do well at Everton. Different player than 13 years ago clearly but still got the technical skills and attitude to be a success.

leither17
10-07-2017, 05:44 AM
100/1 to be the leagues top scorer

Yorkshire HFC
10-07-2017, 05:48 AM
He could just have taken the money and gone to China or USA - great to see him stay in the EPL - I think he just loves playing football.

heretoday
10-07-2017, 06:57 AM
Maybe not the player he was but still has enough class to rattle in a good few goals this season.

Tell you what though £75 million with a potential £15m in addons plus Rooney on a free and some of his wages paid is some bit of business by Everton!

I hope United aren't expecting a "special relationship" after all this.

Onceinawhile
10-07-2017, 07:55 AM
You mean apart from becoming England and Man U's top scorer??

I think he'll do well at Everton. Different player than 13 years ago clearly but still got the technical skills and attitude to be a success.

He might have done that during the last season, but How much of that was done previously?

What was it? 5 goals last season? For just 300,000 a week too.

Lago
10-07-2017, 09:15 AM
Happens very rarely now a days if a player has any real talent.

The_Horde
10-07-2017, 09:18 AM
He could just have taken the money and gone to China or USA - great to see him stay in the EPL - I think he just loves playing football.

Aye. Great to see him take a massive drop in wages to a measly £150k a week.

Liam89
10-07-2017, 02:49 PM
100/1 to be the leagues top scorer

Was he ever even top scorer in his prime?

Hibernia&Alba
10-07-2017, 02:53 PM
He's still a top player; too good to be on the bench every week, and he's at an age he needs to be playing. It's a great signing for Everton; play him in the number ten role and he'll be fantastic for them.

Holmesdale Hibs
10-07-2017, 07:24 PM
He was a very good player 5-10 years ago, no doubt about it and this move makes sense for all parties. He's still reasonably young and if he can get a run of games there's still plenty time to discover his old form.

Having said that, I've seen him play at Selhurst the last 2 seasons and he's been utter Tam Kite both times. Any neutrals probably would have felt a bit sorry for him being ripped by the crowd and generally being a shadow of his former self. Think he scored a lovely goal (possibly 2) the year before that.

He used to get dogs abuse at Goodison and I wonder if all will be forgiven straight away or whether he'll have to prove himself first.

hibsbollah
10-07-2017, 07:26 PM

:agree: He's no Lewis Stevenson.

G B Young
10-07-2017, 07:42 PM
Fantastic player. Underrated in fact, strange as that may sound. Hope he does well back at Everton.

lapsedhibee
10-07-2017, 09:14 PM
Fantastic player. Underrated in fact, strange as that may sound. Hope he does well back at Everton.

:agree: Best England player since Joe Baker.