PDA

View Full Version : Simon Murray

greenlex
09-07-2017, 07:43 PM
It's looking like a great piece of business bringing this laddie in. In a straight replacement for Cummings I reckon we've won a watch. It will be impossible to tell as we will quite literally be in a different league but he will do just fine.

Unseen work
09-07-2017, 07:45 PM
He looked absolutely delighted to score today.

Good to see.

frazeHFC
09-07-2017, 07:45 PM
Against Dunfermline even just having someone chase the ball down led to them making mistakes. His pace will cause all sorts of problems and if he can make runs like today's goal then perfect.

hibsboy69
09-07-2017, 07:47 PM
I like Murray, think he offers a lot.

Delighted for him that he scored today

Keep up the good work Simon ! :thumbsup:

SMAXXA
09-07-2017, 07:48 PM
He looked absolutely delighted to score today.

Good to see.

No wonder he will be thinking he's got to shut a few people up. Don't kid yourselves on that young lads like him don't google hibs fans forum before he signed or throughout that process. He will have read some bile on here and will have the drive to answer questions even more so than this driven young man has.

Onceinawhile
09-07-2017, 07:51 PM
2 goals in 2 games even in pre season is a good sign.

High-On-Hibs
09-07-2017, 07:52 PM
The man will score goals for us. He chases everything down and rarely squanders an opportunity when presented with one. A good solid signing.

hibsboy69
09-07-2017, 07:53 PM
The man will score goals for us. He chases everything down and rarely squanders an opportunity when presented with one. A good solid signing.

I'll second that sir :thumbsup:

Andy74
09-07-2017, 07:54 PM
2 goals in 2 games even in pre season is a good sign.

It was his first.

McD
09-07-2017, 07:55 PM
Looked a good player today (didn't pay much attention when he was with Dundee Utd). Thought he worked his backside off, and looked better when he had a partner.

If we can find a Cummings type, I think he'd dovetail very well with them, the runs and constant running he brings will create space, and he'll chip in with his fair share of goals too.

well done Simon :thumbsup:

The Spaceman
09-07-2017, 08:01 PM
Really like the look of this kid - fantastic attitude and will get us goals.

Keep it up Simon :aok:

Speedy
09-07-2017, 08:02 PM
I wasn't impressed at all, touch was terrible.

Was a friendly though so won't write him off just yet.

High-On-Hibs
09-07-2017, 08:07 PM
I wasn't impressed at all, touch was terrible.

Was a friendly though so won't write him off just yet.

The service to him was terrible on quite a number of occasions, but he still chased down every lost cause and kept the ball in play when it appeared to be heading out for a goal kick.

Lago
09-07-2017, 08:19 PM
No wonder he will be thinking he's got to shut a few people up. Don't kid yourselves on that young lads like him don't google hibs fans forum before he signed or throughout that process. He will have read some bile on here and will have the drive to answer questions even more so than this driven young man has.
Spot on.

Libby Hibby
09-07-2017, 08:22 PM
I was pleasantly surprised with how good he was today.

Chased lost causes, linked up play, never gave the defenders anytime and scored.

What more do we want?

greenlex
09-07-2017, 08:23 PM
I was pleasantly surprised with how good he was today.

Chased lost causes, linked up play, never gave the defenders anytime and scored.

What more do we want?
International defenders at that.

Frogga
09-07-2017, 09:15 PM
I don't believe he is as technically good as Cummings but reckon he could be as effective as a goal-poacher.

CallumHibs07
09-07-2017, 09:20 PM
A straight replacement for Cummings, seriously :confused::confused::confused:

Northernhibee
09-07-2017, 09:28 PM
Unconvinced. On the plus side he grafted and chased lost causes and got a goal. However his first touch is abysmal - typified when he managed to control the ball into his own face.

Hoping it's a lack of match sharpness that's causing it and hope he can chip in with a decent tally this season.

High-On-Hibs
09-07-2017, 09:29 PM

No, he's a very different player from Cummings. He actually shows effort. May not score everytime he touches the ball, but he'll do more all round compared to Cummings. When you have a sqaud of players like that, then you don't need an out and out goal scorer as everybody will chip in.

greenlex
09-07-2017, 09:39 PM

Why not? How do you think Jason would have done today for instance?

greenlex
09-07-2017, 09:40 PM
Unconvinced. On the plus side he grafted and chased lost causes and got a goal. However his first touch is abysmal - typified when he managed to control the ball into his own face.

Hoping it's a lack of match sharpness that's causing it and hope he can chip in with a decent tally this season.
Touch is no worse or better than Cummings.

eastcoasthibby
09-07-2017, 09:41 PM
I look forward to seeing just how many Murray will score.this season, I think he has the.potential.to get as.many as.Cummings, I am basing.that on his attitude and willingness to.work his backside off to work defenders and get into positions in the box. Also his movement to get round the back of the defender for his goal was good to see. JC never scored with every chance !!
I am not negating JC and what he gave us but I have a feeling this guy might.just have a least a similar impact !! If so all is good !!

green day
09-07-2017, 09:44 PM
I think Murray will do just fine, score loads of goals, and still have people say he's pish.

I have a mate who remains convinced that Stephen Fletcher is pish, despite his obvious and good record.

CallumHibs07
09-07-2017, 09:45 PM
No, he's a very different player from Cummings. He actually shows effort. May not score everytime he touches the ball, but he'll do more all round compared to Cummings. When you have a sqaud of players like that, then you don't need an out and out goal scorer as everybody will chip in.

True, though considering probably Boyle and Swanson are the only others we can rely on to chip in I think it's obvious we need a striker we can expect to get 15+ next season.

Why not? How do you think Jason would have done today for instance?

A lot better, Simon was poor today. Runs around a lot without doing much.

greenlex
09-07-2017, 09:46 PM
I look forward to seeing just how many Murray will score.this season, I think he has the.potential.to get as.many as.Cummings, I am basing.that on his attitude and willingness to.work his backside off to work defenders and get into positions in the box. Also his movement to get round the back of the defender for his goal was good to see. JC never scored with every chance !!
I am not negating JC and what he gave us but I have a feeling this guy might.just have a least a similar impact !! If so all is good !!
This is where I am. I feel he will offer a whole lot more than Jason. I certainly can't see him sitting in his erse waving his hands about and that used to infuriate me.

greenlex
09-07-2017, 09:47 PM
True, though considering probably Boyle and Swanson are the only others we can rely on to chip in I think it's obvious we need a striker we can expect to get 15+ next season.

Of course he would. Poor? Behave yourself.

angus hibby
09-07-2017, 09:52 PM
I work with United fans who constantly moaned about Murray, saying his first touch is awful. To be honest, there were signs of that today but it is very early days, players getting match fit etc. Still think he will be more of an impact sub for us.

Hermit Crab
09-07-2017, 09:53 PM
The CH never really gave him a sniff the whole game but he ran the channels well and took his chance when it came his way. I was impressed by his performance. One slight criticism is that he needs to work on his ball control imo.

Andy74
09-07-2017, 09:54 PM
He scored a goal which ultimately was what we judged Cummings on.

lord bunberry
09-07-2017, 09:58 PM
I like Simon Murray, but to suggest that he is a replacement for Cummings is laughable and to suggest we've got the better deal by having murray is bordering on insanity.
Cummings has gone and we need to try and find someone to come in and replace his goals. That will hopefully come from a combination of signings so we're not reliant on one player. Simon Murray will be a part that combination.

greenlex
09-07-2017, 10:04 PM
I like Simon Murray, but to suggest that he is a replacement for Cummings is laughable and to suggest we've got the better deal by having murray is bordering on insanity.
Cummings has gone and we need to try and find someone to come in and replace his goals. That will hopefully come from a combination of signings so we're not reliant on one player. Simon Murray will be a part that combination.
So you are saying that Murrays goals will not replace Cummings goals? I see a very different game from you. He'will/ would match Cummings totals he will create space for others that Cummings never could. He is a pest that Cummings never was. He's an ample replacement IMO however laughable or insane you might think that is.

Andy74
09-07-2017, 10:05 PM

It's not laughable really.

Cummings was judged on goals. Murray showed last year he could score goals in a team that wasn't as good.

We just don't know how Cummings would have done in this league.

If Murray goes on to score goals then that's great, if he doesn't then we can say it's laughable.

SMAXXA
09-07-2017, 10:07 PM

That's one trait more than Cummings him running around a lot working hard and don't forget scoring the type of goal jason scored for us more often than none. Hey are very different players but imo Simon is more a team player than Jason ever has been, will he get ththe same goals remains to be seen but I'm confident he actually will.

Cummings was lazy but for goals, if we get a hard working striker that gets the goals I don't see how it can't be an improvement.

OsloHibs
09-07-2017, 10:07 PM
Opinions huh. Been reading a few on my twitter feed saying how pi5h he was until the goal- then on here, folks saying how good he looked... Head jumbled now!

lord bunberry
09-07-2017, 10:12 PM
So you are saying that Murrays goals will not replace Cummings goals? I see a very different game from you. He'will/ would match Cummings totals he will create space for others that Cummings never could. He is a pest that Cummings never was. He's an ample replacement IMO however laughable or insane you might think that is.
I sincerely hope he will match Cummings totals, but all the qualities you list don't always lead to goals. Cummings may have been a bit one dimensional, but he put the ball in the back of the net. Murray might well turn out to be more of a team player than Cummings, but that won't make him a direct replacement. In all likelihood we will need 2 players to match Cummings goals tally.
In all my years watching hibs we've had a prolific goal scorer 2 or 3 times. Cummings was one of them and they don't come around very often.

The Leith Dutch
09-07-2017, 10:12 PM

If you go on his previous form of 1 in 3 and he starts every game you'd expect Murray to hit 12 or 13 next season which would be comparable with the top scorers in the SPL outwith Celtic and Boyce. Looking like he's been brought in as a starter (which I freely admit wasn't my initial thoughts on the move) and while I expect us to be signing another striker we have Boyle with 2 in 2 games, Swanson looking like the goal threat he was last season with St Johnstone and Shaw looking like he may prove to be a good option from the bench (which I'm very pleasantly surprised about.

If we can sign a 15+ striker then on the evidence of the two games so far I feel that's less a "we have to or we're in trouble" and more a "we look in good shape".

lord bunberry
09-07-2017, 10:17 PM
It's not laughable really.

Cummings was judged on goals. Murray showed last year he could score goals in a team that wasn't as good.

We just don't know how Cummings would have done in this league.

If Murray goes on to score goals then that's great, if he doesn't then we can say it's laughable.
I can't really disagree with you there, but I doubt Lennon is looking at Murray as a direct replacement for Cummings. We will probably be looking to bring in another couple of strikers before the window closes. Next season will hopefully see the goals spread a bit more evenly around the team.
Murray will play his part in that.

High-On-Hibs
09-07-2017, 10:23 PM
Simon Murray is not a direct replacement for Jason Cummings. Finding a direct replacement for Jason Cummings is near enough impossible. It's the same as trying to find another Derek Riordan or Leigh Griffiths. These lads all came to Hibs at a young age and their talent wasn't truly found out until they spent time with the club to develop. They aren't players that Hibs simply pluck out of the shop window. They are players that move on from Hibs when their talent has been found out or developed.

JIm
09-07-2017, 10:35 PM
I thought he did really well, hard shift up top by yourself with some of the service he was getting but held it well and linked well on the whole. Alongside the right striker (holty would have been a great partner for him) he will thrive.

He's a late developr, sure when he signed for Montrose on early twenties he was banging them in, got a move to utd and loaned out to arbroath straight away but has improved massively over past two seasons. I only see him getting better and hopefully he can prove a few people wrong.

High-On-Hibs
09-07-2017, 10:38 PM
He's a late developer, sure when he signed for Montrose on early twenties he was banging them in.

0 goals in 1 appearance for Montrose. :wink:

JIm
09-07-2017, 10:41 PM
0 goals in 1 appearance for Montrose. :wink:

Maybe team before them then (junior perhaps) but I'm close enough.

BigT-Hibeez
09-07-2017, 10:44 PM

Ha Ha I saw that!!! And I agree, Unconvinced.. No way he is a replacement for JC, a replacement for Brian Graham maybe..?

J-C
09-07-2017, 10:48 PM
Murray had a slow start to his career, played for a few junior teams and also was in Australia for a year before joining Arbroath in 2014, he's still developing as a player, it just took him longer to realise it was the profession for him.

neil7908
09-07-2017, 10:50 PM
To be honest I thought the centre half he was up against bossed him, especially in the first half.

But he won't play against many better teams next season and he improved in the second half, including of course getting his goal.

Overall he looked lively but we definitely need reinforcements in that area and I think he's the kind of player who'll probably won't be suited to playing on his own up top.

Andy74
09-07-2017, 11:04 PM
Maybe team before them then (junior perhaps) but I'm close enough.

Arbroath.

BigT-Hibeez
09-07-2017, 11:12 PM
To be honest I thought the centre half he was up against bossed him, especially in the first half.

But he won't play against many better teams next season and he improved in the second half, including of course getting his goal.

Overall he looked lively but we definitely need reinforcements in that area and I think he's the kind of player who'll probably won't be suited to playing on his own up top.

Totally agree, he didn't get a sniff most of the game and looked out of his depth.. I was getting annoyed with him but in hindsight he was feeding on scraps.. And took his chance well..
But this is not our first team striker, more like a backup or supersub poacher.. The worrying thing for me was bringing Brian Graham on made him look better!!! At the moment a very worrying strikeforce!!!

High-On-Hibs
09-07-2017, 11:19 PM
The worrying thing for me was bringing Brian Graham on made him look better!!! At the moment a very worrying strikeforce!!!

Why would that be worrying? :confused: We had Sunderland on the back foot when he came on. Any strike force combination will do, as long as they look the part and those 2 did very well together up front.

Borderhibbie76
09-07-2017, 11:22 PM
Touch is no worse or better than Cummings.Took the words right out my mouth mate...think some are forgetting how abysmal JC 'S 1st touch was

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

NAE NOOKIE
09-07-2017, 11:24 PM
Though he wasn't terribly effective he never stopped trying and to be fair to him he had very little support until Graham came on, after which he looked a lot better .... he did have a few heavy touches, but for the most part it was on passes that waist height at about a hundred mph. The good news is that when we did finally make a decent chance he was there to finish it.

CRAZYHIBBY
09-07-2017, 11:24 PM
New striker scores a goal and yet some folk still find holes to pick.

therealgavmac
09-07-2017, 11:30 PM
Arbroath.

Aye, that's close enough to Montrose :wink:

greenlex
09-07-2017, 11:34 PM
Though he wasn't terribly effective he never stopped trying and to be fair to him he had very little support until Graham came on, after which he looked a lot better .... he did have a few heavy touches, but for the most part it was on passes that waist height at about a hundred mph. The good news is that when we did finally make a decent chance he was there to finish it.
Sounds awfully like what Cummings was like apart from the effort bit.

greenlex
15-07-2017, 08:57 PM
Only Montrose but a Brace today. With a wee bit composure he could have had at least another two. He seems to do better when he has little time to think about it. Not a good performance in the one on ones. Reminds me of someone but can't quite put my finger on it.:greengrin

Baw187
15-07-2017, 09:02 PM
Only Montrose but a Brace today. With a wee bit composure he could have had at least another two. He seems to do better when he has little time to think about it. Not a good performance in the one on ones. Reminds me of someone but can't quite put my finger on it.:greengrin

This was my first 'pre season' game today and thought he looked the kind of player we've been needing. Someone to be busy and force the issue upfront. He took his goals well too.

Think he'll turn out to be a good signing for us.

Badge
15-07-2017, 09:07 PM
[QUOTE=neil7908;5096779]To be honest I thought the centre half he was up against bossed him, especially in the first half.

Overall he looked lively but we definitely need reinforcements in that area and I think he's the kind of player who'll probably won't be suited to playing on his own up top.[/QUOTE

He won't play against many better teams next season? What?
He got his goal? Did he not score in both halfs?

15-07-2017, 09:08 PM
Should have had about 3 or 4 today! Good player, does a lot of the hard work but wont score the amount Cummings did. We need a really prolific goal scorer

greenlex
15-07-2017, 09:11 PM
[QUOTE=neil7908;5096779]To be honest I thought the centre half he was up against bossed him, especially in the first half.

Overall he looked lively but we definitely need reinforcements in that area and I think he's the kind of player who'll probably won't be suited to playing on his own up top.[/QUOTE

He won't play against many better teams next season? What?
He got his goal? Did he not score in both halfs?
That quote was from the Sunderland game badge. Calm doon ya auld radge.

Badge
15-07-2017, 09:15 PM
[QUOTE=Badge the Hibee;5103263]
That quote was from the Sunderland game badge. Calm doon ya auld radge.

Apologies. I'll just go back to sleep. Thought the laddie did alright today and will be a useful addition to the squad

Northernhibee
15-07-2017, 09:19 PM
He's got similarities to Martin Boyle. The same criticisms you can put forwards for the Squirrel you can for Murray too.

However like Boyle did when he played up front I can see him scoring goals. He'll be frustrating but he'll get 10-15 this season I reckon in the league.

GordonHFC
15-07-2017, 09:22 PM

This

stoneyburn hibs
15-07-2017, 09:25 PM
The boy will do well at Hibs.

GreenCastle
15-07-2017, 09:25 PM

3 goals in 2 games...

Will be very happy if he keeps up this rate - if he scored every chance like Cummings he would be higher up. Cummings still has to prove himself higher up.

I except Swanson and Murray will be in or top 3 scorers this season.

B.H.F.C
15-07-2017, 09:31 PM
When he has time to think he doesn't look up to much. Not just in reference to the two one on one chances he missed, just in his general play.

I hope he just sticks to what he's good at, making runs and getting in to the box. If he does that he'll score goals.

GreenArmy1875
15-07-2017, 10:35 PM
if Simon Murray had a blonde boyband haircut, swagger and tweeted **** the Hearts, Hibs fans would be going mental. Gingerists 😂

Diclonius
15-07-2017, 10:44 PM

:agree:

Much like we replaced Allan with Henderson, McGinn and McGeouch.

JOD
15-07-2017, 10:59 PM
What is all this love in with Jason?

He was the guy who missed he penalty that sent us down.

He then done ok against the likes of Alloa/Dumbarton

No great loss to me. Well done Neil to move him on for a fee.

Welcome Simon.

You bring a lot more to the table

Northernhibee
15-07-2017, 11:04 PM

Welcome Simon.

Don't feed the troll.

Vault Boy
15-07-2017, 11:05 PM

Welcome Simon.

Away, Jason is a fine player and a cup winning legend. Not many players who can boast as many goals against Rangers and Hearts either.

JOD
15-07-2017, 11:13 PM
Don't feed the troll.

I aint a ****ing troll look at my posts you numpty
and dont make assumptions

Diclonius
15-07-2017, 11:16 PM
Honestly can't think of a player who scored more in "big" games than Cummings.

He scored 5 against Hearts, 8 against Rangers, 10 against Falkirk, 5 against Dundee Utd and in cup games against top tier teams he'd usually come up with a goal.

Murray has a long way to go before he can match that.

stantonhibby
15-07-2017, 11:19 PM

Welcome Simon.

Hmmm......conveniently ignoring his goals against Hearts & Rangers

Wee Effen Bee
15-07-2017, 11:20 PM
..aye the laddie has scored 3 in 2, gets into good positions and harries defenders but look at Hertz - their top-drawer striker is 100X better than we've ever had. He's pacy, has two great feet, great headerer of the ball, can hold the ball up, bosses centre halves, has excellent first touch, is intelligent and has been banging them in all preseason...probably!:greengrin

HibbiesandtheBaddies
15-07-2017, 11:23 PM

More than one way to skin a cat...

Fritz
15-07-2017, 11:29 PM

Welcome Simon.

I give up.

NAE NOOKIE
15-07-2017, 11:37 PM

Welcome Simon.

Aye right ........... if he had stayed at Hibs for long enough he would probably have at least matched Robertson of Hertz for derby goals coz it was getting to the stage when a Cummings goal home or away against the Yams was almost a gimmie and his contribution in other big games was more than decent as well.

However, I suppose everybody is allowed their opinion about a players ability and I certainly don't have a problem with it, until that is it comes to blaming a kid in his first season of senior football for missing a penalty under huge pressure .... especially when it was saved rather than being put past the post or over the bar and especially when the 2 - 0 lead we had but blew to end up in that penalty shoot out was because that same kid had scored twice in the first leg.

Poor stuff mate :bitchy:

stoneyburn hibs
15-07-2017, 11:39 PM

Welcome Simon.

Hiya pal.

pacorosssco
15-07-2017, 11:46 PM
Honestly can't think of a player who scored more in "big" games than Cummings.

He scored 5 against Hearts, 8 against Rangers, 10 against Falkirk, 5 against Dundee Utd and in cup games against top tier teams he'd usually come up with a goal.

Murray has a long way to go before he can match that.

I feel jason left a year early and better Hibs for another year SPL but yes when you see above stats he is right to try himself higher level SPL. Murray has started well. Good luck to him

blackpoolhibs
16-07-2017, 12:42 AM
Jason Cummings was a pish footballer who knew how to score, who will be back up the road playing his pish football within 18 months.

Simon Murray is just as pish, but will still score the same amount of goals and will be happy to stay at the club
Its a win win situation

Johnny_Leith
16-07-2017, 01:08 AM

Welcome Simon.

100% Jambo. Ridiculous patter, nothing better to do?

SRHibs
16-07-2017, 01:36 AM
Jason Cummings was a pish footballer who knew how to score, who will be back up the road playing his pish football within 18 months.

Simon Murray is just as pish, but will still score the same amount of goals and will be happy to stay at the club
Its a win win situation

JC's vision when it comes to passing was superb, and he's extremely comfortable on the ball. I can't tell if you're at the windup here.

Centre Hawf
16-07-2017, 02:12 AM

Welcome Simon.

Its a win win
situation

Jason is a fine footballer and a great natural striker and it's not a insult on Simon Murray to say that he wont match him, that is a fact. But I'm glad we have him and he'll go someway towards filling the void that our 20+ goals a season striker at the age of 19, 20 and 21 left behind. Yes Jason CAN improve and that is what makes him all the more special and why I wish we still had him.

Forza Fred
16-07-2017, 02:47 AM
Simon Murray contributes a lot of work during games and WILL continue to score goals.

However he has an awkward' style and this, coupled with a lack of complete composure will no doubt have some on here questioning whether he scores enough.

I don't see him as a 20 a league season striker, but can see him on or about double figures.

HairyBrain
16-07-2017, 05:55 AM
Watched him quite closely yesterday, was impressed by his positioning and runs he made, albeit he was caught offside a few times but not far away and that will come.

Like others have said looks better when he doesn't have time to think about things.

Definitely a good addition but still need someone else in.

Sent from my DUK-L09 using Tapatalk

Big_Franck
16-07-2017, 06:45 AM
JOD's clearly a jambo.

Good to see Murray get his first goals for us. Hope he can continue that form in the league where it matters most though.

Northernhibee
16-07-2017, 07:33 AM
I aint a ****ing troll look at my posts you numpty
and dont make assumptions

My mistake. You appear to be a roaster instead.

lucky
16-07-2017, 07:45 AM
Why does SM have to be a direct replacement for JC? They both score lots of goals but have different attributes and offer different things to the team. I hope JC is a roaring success in England but I'd much rather that SM was a roaring success at Hibs. The lad may not be the most technically gifted player we've had but he has a good attitude and a willingness to work hard which will bring him goals. 3 in 2 games is not a bad start. I think he'll score more than JC this season and will easily get 10-15 goals for us this season

hibbydog
16-07-2017, 07:59 AM

Excellent post.

It's a sad day when someone who has yet to play a competitive game for Hibs feels he has to shut people up.

Anyways, good on him. I hope he continues to get it right up them

Elephant Stone
16-07-2017, 08:21 AM

Its a win win
situation

Oh my

NORTHERNHIBBY
16-07-2017, 08:37 AM
Murray will put chances away but if you look at the sitter he missed yesterday which was easier than the ones he scored, in a game against the better sides, that may be the only chance he gets in the whole game. So it's managing expectations on all sides.

hibbycraig
16-07-2017, 08:39 AM
He missed a couple of good one on ones but overall thought he did well. Took his two goals well. Should help create more space for the midfield to come forward with his movement.

16-07-2017, 09:08 AM
Delighted for him getting a couple of goals yesterday, he would of actually had a hattrick if it wasn't for a very impressive save by their keeper.

He's not a prolific goal scorer like Cummings, we still need to bring a player like that in, he won't score as many goals but what he does do is a lot of the hard work and he looks to have a bit of pace about him.

Well done to him, hopefully a good wee confidence booster for him and gets a few of the doubters off his back for a bit.

Tyler Durden
16-07-2017, 09:24 AM
I think he's going to prove a good signing but he's not a natural finisher by any means. Aside from being a ginge, he reminds me of Eoin Doyle. Works really hard, good movement etc but probably can't rely on him scoring his only chance or cracking one in from 20 yards in a big game.

Good addition though and if we can buy some genuine class up top, Murray will be a good foil

Keith_M
16-07-2017, 09:33 AM
SM scored a couple and missed what appears to have been an even easier chance to score.

Sounds like a very good Scottish CF to me :wink:

ShadesLongThrow
16-07-2017, 09:46 AM
SM scored a couple and missed what appears to have been an even easier chance to score.

Sounds like a very good Scottish CF to me :wink:

Indeed. Very easy to forget Cummings would consistently miss 3 or 4 "easy" chances per game. To me, SM is a good reaction player in the box and will score when he doesn't have a chance to think about options. I don't think we'll see many spectacular goals from him but a lot of knock ins from 6 yards.

Aldo
16-07-2017, 09:53 AM
What is all this love in with Jason? He was the guy who missed he penalty that sent us down. He then done ok against the likes of Alloa/Dumbarton No great loss to me. Well done Neil to move him on for a fee. Welcome Simon. You bring a lot more to the table

Dear dear.

What a crock!

Cummings will be a miss and don't forget that.

As for the penalty miss, at least the laddie had the balls to step up and take one!

If you cannot see what Jason brought to the team then you've not seen him play very often!

lyonhibs
16-07-2017, 09:58 AM
If he gets around 15 or more goals in the league next season, he can have the touch of an elephant for all I care

The_Horde
16-07-2017, 09:59 AM
Dear dear.

What a crock!

Cummings will be a miss and don't forget that.

As for the penalty miss, at least the laddie had the balls to step up and take one!

If you cannot see what Jason brought to the team then you've not seen him play very often!

Probably only seen him a few times in recent years. Strange really, considering he put his team to sleep in most of them..

Aldo
16-07-2017, 10:02 AM
Probably only seen him a few times in recent years. Strange really, considering he put his team to sleep in most of them..

Ha indeed B!

Stan the Man
16-07-2017, 10:18 AM

....... apart from score 2 goals!!!

hibee1875
16-07-2017, 10:30 AM
I think we should have some faith in NL and the coaching staff at EM on this one. I'm sure we can all agree Boyle has come on leaps and bounds in the last couple of seasons, his first touch in particular. In Simon Murray we have a player like Boyle who has flashes of talent but at the same time is a bit raw, and a bit rash.

Lets give the boy a chance and lets see what a year of coaching can bring out of him.

I have full faith he'll be a success. :aok:

col02
16-07-2017, 12:01 PM
I'm liking the fact that pre season the goals have been spread about the team rather than reliant upon one individual player. If this carries on into the league season with our defence we could be in for some seriously exciting times ahead!

lord bunberry
16-07-2017, 12:05 PM
Why don't we all just get behind the guy and hope that when leaves we're worrying about replacing him. Jason has gone and is irrelevant to our current team.

Andy74
16-07-2017, 12:19 PM
Why don't we all just get behind the guy and hope that when leaves we're worrying about replacing him. Jason has gone and is irrelevant to our current team.

Yep and Murray is 2 towards 20 already.

Baader
16-07-2017, 02:05 PM
Lennon will improve him and he'll get goals for us.

Nutmegged
16-07-2017, 02:08 PM
Glad he got off the mark yesterday, its always good to get your strikers scoring goals early doors but it's Montrose, there's never been a doubt he can score goals against that level of opposition, it's the step up he'll be judged by, glad he got the goals but it tells me very little

MWHIBBIES
16-07-2017, 02:14 PM

Welcome Simon.

You bring a lot more to the tableHe was usually rubbish against Alloa and Dumbarton. Hearts and Rangers on the other hand..

Have a word mate, embarrassing post.

Is It On....
16-07-2017, 07:51 PM

Welcome Simon.

I know that JC split opinions but that's a very strange post. He developed into a player we couldn't have afforded to buy!!

Diclonius
16-07-2017, 10:50 PM
Simon Murray has played 77 minutes of competitive football for Hibs and he's already reached one third of the goal tally of the Collins/Vine dream team. Legend.

Mr White
17-07-2017, 07:01 AM
Simon Murray has played 77 minutes of competitive football for Hibs and he's already reached one third of the goal tally of the Collins/Vine dream team. Legend.

Give him till the end of the league cup group stage and he'll have left those two and Paul Heffernan trailing in his wake :greengrin

Got to admit I wasn't overly impressed when we signed him based on the televised games I'd seen him play last season but I've got a good feeling about him now and hopefully Hibs proves to be the ideal place for him to continue to develop- his attitude seems spot on. I'm also glad he got his first competitive goals as that's obviously going to help boost his confidence and get the fans behind him.

Salt N Sauzee
17-07-2017, 07:24 AM

Its a win win
situation

Steaming.

ian cruise
17-07-2017, 08:37 AM
JC was a fine footballer who wasn't without his flaws but he's a different prospect to Simon, continually comparing the two will just continue to lead to arguments.

Think Simon has made a good start and definitely seems to have the drive to succeed with us. If he continues to score at this rate then I'll be a very happy Hibee

Sean1875
17-07-2017, 11:05 AM
Obviously we've not seen a lot of SM but I reckon a partnership with him and Stokes could do a cracking job this season

blackpoolhibs
17-07-2017, 08:51 PM
Steaming.

:faf: :agree:

Perhaps I can make things a little clearer, in my opinion, Cummings was a decent finisher, and that's why he's got his move.

He's young and will hopefully improve and have a great career.

I personally don't see that happening and can see him back up the road before his contract ends, hopefully back at Hibs.

Murray will score goals for us, work a bit harder than Cummings ever did, and create more space for others.

We need another forward, I'm sure we will get one, hopefully, one better than Holt was, and he contributes more goals and more assists.

greenlex
29-07-2017, 04:05 PM
How many is that now? I've lost count.

MyJo
29-07-2017, 04:08 PM
How many is that now? I've lost count.

7 goals in 4 competitive matches.......no a bad way to start your hibs career :aok:

J-C
29-07-2017, 04:10 PM
Jason who?

Baw187
29-07-2017, 04:11 PM
But he was a crap signing was he not?

CraigHibee
29-07-2017, 04:12 PM

Absolute mince

According to some

Thecat23
29-07-2017, 04:14 PM
Simon Murray is ten times better than Lafferty. Can't believe some on here still think that streak of piss is a player and will score goals 😂

Diclonius
29-07-2017, 04:14 PM
Give him till the end of the league cup group stage and he'll have left those two and Paul Heffernan trailing in his wake :greengrin

He's now beaten all three combined.

RossScott1991
29-07-2017, 04:15 PM
Albeit the opposition, but the stats will look good for the guy. 7 goals, not even barely kicked a ball and almost in double figures for the season. keep it up simon, looking good

tamig
29-07-2017, 04:22 PM

Aye a good squad player plenty on here said. Plenty also assumed he wouldn't be a first pick.

Mr White
29-07-2017, 04:32 PM
He's now beaten all three combined.

Good. I'll happily have that quote as my prediction of his ability rather than the guff I wrote about him before he signed :greengrin

--------
29-07-2017, 04:52 PM
I was one who voiced doubts about him, and I have to say I was wrong.

Some people might say that the standard of opposition hasn't been great, but I believe one SPL side - apparently a much bigger team than Hibs - have struggled so badly they're failed to qualify for the competition proper, so maybe the standard isn't so bad after all ....

Seriously, the lad's started well and shown a lot of good things so far. I wouldn't go so far as to ask, 'Jason who?' but Simon's shaping up to be a very good signing.

Maybe Neil Lennon DOES know more about football than I do, after all. :greengrin

hfc rd
29-07-2017, 08:07 PM
I was one who voiced doubts about him, and I have to say I was wrong.

Some people might say that the standard of opposition hasn't been great, but I believe one SPL side - apparently a much bigger team than Hibs - have struggled so badly they're failed to qualify for the competition proper, so maybe the standard isn't so bad after all ....

Seriously, the lad's started well and shown a lot of good things so far. I wouldn't go so far as to ask, 'Jason who?' but Simon's shaping up to be a very good signing.

Maybe Neil Lennon DOES know more about football than I do, after all. :greengrin

Exact same here!

I was personally underwhelmed when we signed this guy as he didn't really impress me at all in the games against Dundee United last season. But I'm glad to say that so far he has made me eat my own words and is proving me wrong. Really hope he continues this good run into the league campaign.

Keep it up Simon! :aok:

greenlex
12-08-2017, 04:49 PM
Number 10 and counting.:thumbsup:

bringbackbenny
12-08-2017, 04:53 PM
He was fantastic today, we have a real diamond in our hands.

FRes Hibbie
12-08-2017, 04:58 PM
I was underwhelmed when he signed but I was wrong. Probably my favourite player right now.

bingo70
12-08-2017, 04:59 PM
What a goal that was he scored. Absolutely superb.

Hibs1969
12-08-2017, 05:00 PM
10 goals so far and it's not even the end of August. I was as disappointed as anyone to lose Jason but Murray looks more than capable of carrying on where he left off. As someone said earlier, we have uncovered an absolute diamond.

--------
12-08-2017, 05:00 PM
Exact same here!

I was personally underwhelmed when we signed this guy as he didn't really impress me at all in the games against Dundee United last season. But I'm glad to say that so far he has made me eat my own words and is proving me wrong. Really hope he continues this good run into the league campaign.

Keep it up Simon! :aok:

Hear, hear. So pleased to be proved wrong. :aok:

I never thought Neil would ever bring anyone to the club with redder hair than his own.

Togs91
12-08-2017, 05:01 PM
10 goals so far and it's not even the end of August. I was as disappointed as anyone to lose Jason but Murray looks more than capable of carrying on where he left off. As someone said earlier, we have uncovered an absolute diamond.

I see it as a good signing made great under lennons wing. He seems to get much more out of him than utd ever did!

neil7908
12-08-2017, 05:02 PM
I wasn't convinced when he signed but looking like a masterstroke by Lennon.

Opposition defences must hate facing him.

This should just be the start as well. Wait till Stokes is match fit and they have a chance to build up an understanding.

Keyser Sauzee
12-08-2017, 05:03 PM
I've said it previously but I'll say it again, I was wrong about this lad and I'm delighted to say that! He impresses me more and more every game he plays and I love him now! Would not be surprised to se him hit 30 this season going by his standard so far.

hibee_girl
12-08-2017, 05:04 PM
I was underwhelmed when he signed but I was wrong. Probably my favourite player right now.

:agree: I wasn't that bothered when we signed him but I'm pretty glad we did! :greengrin

HoboHarry
12-08-2017, 05:05 PM
If he continues at this rate he will finish the season as the ginger heid wi' the golden boot.......

weecounty hibby
12-08-2017, 05:07 PM
Was a really composed finish from him today. Very good signing and if he continues to improve we will have a very special goalscorer on our hands

hibsbollah
12-08-2017, 05:15 PM

Classy classy goal. The composure and the speed of him with the ball glued to the outside of the boot...really great technique. I cant believe I never noticed how good he was in the past. Or was he?

green day
12-08-2017, 05:19 PM

This should just be the start as well. Wait till Stokes is match fit and they have a chance to build up an understanding.

Its funny, eh? Remember the seethe when we signed him - seems George etc do know what they are doing after all.

lucky
12-08-2017, 05:20 PM
I was delighted we signed and stated on here he was going to be a starter. Lennon understands that pace is vital in the Scottish game. That been said I don't think any of us thought he'd be so prolific in front of goal

greenlex
12-08-2017, 05:23 PM
I was delighted we signed and stated on here he was going to be a starter. Lennon understands that pace is vital in the Scottish game. That been said I don't think any of us thought he'd be so prolific in front of goal

**cough** 😎

hibs#1
12-08-2017, 05:23 PM
Great signing so far.guy looks delighted to be here and just doesn't stop running.

Stokes and Murray look a great partnership as well.😁

emerald green
12-08-2017, 05:24 PM
Some players just seem to click when they sign for a particular club. Simon Murray has proved to be an excellent signing for Hibs.

Fingers crossed he avoids any injuries.

MurrayfieldHibs
12-08-2017, 05:28 PM

It isn't even the middle of August! :thumbsup:

HibbiesandtheBaddies
12-08-2017, 05:43 PM
Just looked at Simon's Wiki page to see who he had played for before. Bit of a late bloomer, got a bit of the Frank McAvennie about him in that sense.

Ooooer! :greengrin

SouthMoroccoStu
12-08-2017, 05:45 PM
Hun tv called him a "player with limitations"

Oh aye?

So how did that work out for you then!

Lennon has turned him from a contender to a star

His goal was very composed, ran and worried all day and very unlucky with the header off the post

Girls don't like boys,girls like....

nonshinyfinish
12-08-2017, 05:48 PM

Oh aye?

His goal was very composed, ran and worried all day and very unlucky with the header off the post

They were still going on about how he was "raw" and "limited" after the game as they were watching his shot hit the net for the seventh or eighth time. Not the most erudite commentary you'll ever hear. :giruy2:

bingo70
12-08-2017, 05:48 PM
I know it's early days and he's very raw for now but if he keeps up this form he'll surely come under consideration for the Scotland squad?

Salt N Sauzee
12-08-2017, 05:49 PM
hun tv called him a "player with limitations"

oh aye?

his goal was very composed, ran and worried all day and very unlucky with the header off the post

girls don't like boys,girls like....

simon murrayyyyyyyyyy

lord bunberry
12-08-2017, 05:51 PM

Oh aye?

Girls like Simon Murray.
I ****in love the guy and I need to have his babies.
I'm going to die my hair ginger.

euro Hibby
12-08-2017, 05:52 PM
playing to his limitations........that willl do for me .......

penihibs
12-08-2017, 06:32 PM

Well done Neil what a signing,he looks like he's loving life at Hibs.
He asked Alves if he wanted his shirt,he said in the changing room.

Slavers
12-08-2017, 06:35 PM
A said 20 to 25 goals this season and knocking on the door of the national team and was laughed at! Well bet yir no laughing now lol

A Hi-Bee
12-08-2017, 06:35 PM

He just needs to keep doing what he's doing an that will be good enough for me, suspect Neil Lennon will get even more out of him over time, turning out to be a great signing.

Hillsidehibby
12-08-2017, 07:44 PM
Who is this guy?

Hi Heid Yin
12-08-2017, 07:46 PM
superman in disguise

Golden Bear
12-08-2017, 07:46 PM
Who is this guy?

Absolutely Magnificent.

18Hibee75
12-08-2017, 07:47 PM
Genuinely love him. He works so much harder than Cummings and for me is a very very acceptable replacement. If I'm being honest when we signed him I wasn't too excited and thought that we should be a bit more ambitious, but I'll hold my hands up, he has proved me wrong and more.
He works his f****** arse off and knows where the goal is too. I take great pleasure in the fact that he has scored more goals in competitive games this season than hearts.

Sent from my F3211 using Tapatalk

SingaporeHibs
12-08-2017, 07:59 PM
His goal today was a new one for us. Drive forward and pinged it, it wasn't a 6 yarder, it was different. This lad is going to score loads of goals for us. He is a Long way ahead of Cumdog in goal scoring ability, what a signing. GGTTH

The Spaceman
12-08-2017, 08:06 PM
Favourite Hibs player just now. Never stops trying, knows how to score, has flair, young, enthusiastic and genuinely seems to really appreciate being at our club.

heretoday
12-08-2017, 08:08 PM
He's better than Cummings.

RossScott1991
12-08-2017, 08:15 PM
Always happy to be honest. When we signed him i was one of the fans that was worried, replacing Cummings with him, i had read dundee utd forums and comments about him being a headless chicken etc and i am guilty of taking what i read and making up mind on that. I didn't think he'd score much and thought he'd just be another type of bit part player for us who would last about a season at us. Boy was i wrong. If you ever read these forums I am sorry Simon!

Good player with a great attitude and I am too happy you are leading the line for us.

ehf
12-08-2017, 08:27 PM
He's better than Cummings.

:agree: by some considerable margin.

NAE NOOKIE
12-08-2017, 08:55 PM
I wasn't underwhelmed when he signed, but I wasn't terribly excited about it either because I couldn't remembered him standing out for Utd at ER.

All I can say is so far the guy has exceeded my expectations 100% ...... He showed real composure in scoring today and was unlucky not to get at least another one ..... If Simon keeps this up we will have another one million quid plus player on our hands, I don't know how long his contract is for, but if there's any prospect he is going to get even better than he is showing now we should get a longer one drawn up quick smart :aok:

Eyrie
12-08-2017, 09:28 PM
I've gone from being initially underwhelmed by signing a Dundee United player as our third striker to being overwhelmed by signing a free-scoring number one striker without even realising that I've passed through whelmed.

muzzando
12-08-2017, 10:13 PM
How long is his contract?

hibee_girl
12-08-2017, 10:14 PM
How long is his contract?

2 years

Stan the Man
12-08-2017, 10:21 PM
Not sure if I need to open my eyes a bit wider as I never noticed him once for DUFC.

For us he has been a revalation. Gareth Evans work rate with Keith Wright's finishing and barnet.

Absolutely key for us. Legend in the making.

matty_f
12-08-2017, 10:22 PM
My favourite thing about Murray's goal was how wrong Alves gets it, runs completely the wrong way as Simon steps through the defence.

Mantis Toboggan
12-08-2017, 10:32 PM
2 years

Expect that to be extended this season if this form continues.
My Hun pals (I know..) at the game today could not speak highly enough of him. The most common description was Menace

Ilovehibs
12-08-2017, 11:18 PM
Great signing for us. Love the ginger goal machine.

cant stop singing 'Girls don't like boys girls like Simon Murray'

magic. Keep it up Simon son. Love you already.

Onceinawhile
12-08-2017, 11:21 PM
Guaranteed he's getting the balon dor this year.

Hermit Crab
12-08-2017, 11:40 PM
Expect that to be extended this season if this form continues.
My Hun pals (I know..) at the game today could not speak highly enough of him. The most common description was Menace

If he keeps this form up he could hit 25 goals by January. Only 15 to go! Contract extension must be at the back of Lennons mind just now.

houstonhibbee
13-08-2017, 01:31 AM
He is starting to remind me a bit of Alan Gordon. That goal today was very deft footwork like Alan and his heading ability is getting there......

This has the makings of the best team since TT

Is It On....
13-08-2017, 04:44 AM
Always happy to be honest. When we signed him i was one of the fans that was worried, replacing Cummings with him, i had read dundee utd forums and comments about him being a headless chicken etc and i am guilty of taking what i read and making up mind on that. I didn't think he'd score much and thought he'd just be another type of bit part player for us who would last about a season at us. Boy was i wrong. If you ever read these forums I am sorry Simon!

Good player with a great attitude and I am too happy you are leading the line for us.

"Simon Murray has been a revelation". Source Neil Lennon

Phil MaGlass
13-08-2017, 05:08 AM
It doesnae matter how they cut their hair, ginger hair keeps looking minging.

Deansy
13-08-2017, 06:18 AM
Who is this guy?

This is him -

Wonder how long it'll be before the 'Daily Rectum' reports he was a 'Rangers supporter as a boy' ..........................

cloudy
13-08-2017, 06:21 AM
Tried this one for FF but it's better for Simon Murray... Oh Simon Murray you are the love of my life.. Oh Simon Murray I'd let you sleep with my wife.. Oh Simon Murray I want ginger hair toooo...

makaveli1875
13-08-2017, 06:44 AM
Tried this one for FF but it's better for Simon Murray... Oh Simon Murray you are the love of my life.. Oh Simon Murray I'd let you sleep with my wife.. Oh Simon Murray I want ginger hair toooo...

i reckon quite simply .. Simon Murray is a ****in goal machine , a ****in goal machine would do the trick for him

hibsbollah
13-08-2017, 06:48 AM
I've gone from being initially underwhelmed by signing a Dundee United player as our third striker to being overwhelmed by signing a free-scoring number one striker without even realising that I've passed through whelmed.

:agree: no whelm at all.

yonder1875
13-08-2017, 07:50 AM
There was a great moment at FT when he just stood isolated and stared at the Hibs end, already becoming a fans favourite.

The Leith Dutch
13-08-2017, 08:34 AM

Given the quality of our defence and midfield it's frightening to think what we might do if Murray and Stokes are in form and develop an understanding. Murray 10 in 7 and Stokes 2 in 2. Happy times to be a Hibee.

PatHead
13-08-2017, 09:46 AM
He is no Kyle Lafferty.

hfc rd
13-08-2017, 09:56 AM
Signing of the window.

Been fantastic every game.

Firestarter
13-08-2017, 10:06 AM
He is no Cole Stockton

Ftfy.

Spike Mandela
13-08-2017, 10:16 AM
Dundee Utd fans.....

http://boards.footymad.net/showthread.php?t=38196928

Aldo
13-08-2017, 10:16 AM

Lennon called it in his interview. Composure following the run was outstanding. More to come from the lad. Playing alongside Stokes will enhance his chances of goals.

CL0762
13-08-2017, 10:30 AM
I almost forgot the finish when he was called offside, near the edge of the box outside of the right foot.

The laddie is flying at the moment.

Andy74
13-08-2017, 10:47 AM
And some thought Cummings just couldn't be replaced. Think this guy is a better player overall.

Brilliant signing.

Sir David Gray
13-08-2017, 10:54 AM
He's been outstanding so far. I genuinely thought he was coming in to replace James Keatings and would be more of a squad player.

Fair play to him though he has been phenomenal in every game he's played. His workrate is second to none.

Corn Beef Colin
13-08-2017, 11:05 AM
No doubt the guys also a duracell bunny when ploughing the ladies.

"Girls don't like boys, girls like Simon Murraaaay"

wookie70
13-08-2017, 11:07 AM
I almost forgot the finish when he was called offside, near the edge of the box outside of the right foot.

The laddie is flying at the moment.

I'd like to see if that was offside it was a tremendous finish. He could easily have got another hattrick yesterday

snooky
13-08-2017, 11:10 AM
I'd like to see if that was offside it was a tremendous finish. He could easily have got another hattrick yesterday

I thought he was just off at the time.
It was hard to tell if he had scored as there is always no reaction from those two commentators whether we score or not. :rolleyes:

CL0762
13-08-2017, 11:13 AM

Aye I didn't think he was at the time. He's just so eager to get in behind that he is going to get caught offside from time to time though.

Had the near post header that went wide as well.

wookie70
13-08-2017, 11:18 AM
What time was the offside goal chalked off as I'll see if I can find it on Hibs TV. Not got the time to watch the whole game at the moment

greenlex
13-08-2017, 11:31 AM
What time was the offside goal chalked off as I'll see if I can find it on Hibs TV. Not got the time to watch the whole game at the moment

The camera angles crap. No way to tell.

jax67
13-08-2017, 01:28 PM
" Girls don't like boys,
Girls like Simon Murray.
He makes all defenders
look like dummies".

Hibee Mac
13-08-2017, 01:31 PM

It's about 7 mins into the 2nd half.

Imo he's a good foot onside you can see from the lines cut in the grass, should have stood!

tynehibs
13-08-2017, 01:40 PM
We have signed a fantastic player , just watched his goals and assists for dufc no wonder Lenny was so excited getting this lad , he will get 25 plus and if he stays long term will be a hibs legend

James70
13-08-2017, 01:48 PM
I wasn't over excited either when we signed him. I knew he had a good engine on him and massive amounts of energy but I never thought of him as a natural goal scorer. After watching replays of all his goals since signing I find his range of scoring ability outstanding. He has great heading ability, wonderful positional sense and he can score from long mazy runs or simple tap ins. He could be the best natural goal scorer we have had for many a year if he can keep this up. There also seems to be a wonderful team spirit there now and even after going a goal down in our two league games there just seems to be a complete confidence amongst the players that they will turn things round.

RoYO!
13-08-2017, 01:52 PM
It's about 7 mins into the 2nd half.

Imo he's a good foot onside you can see from the lines cut in the grass, should have stood!

I'd forgotten about that- what a finish!

Sean1875
13-08-2017, 02:05 PM
There was a great moment at FT when he just stood isolated and stared at the Hibs end, already becoming a fans favourite.

noticed that as well - definitely a mutual adoration going on!
His dummy before he scored to put the rangers defender on their arse was gorgeous. What a fantastic player we've got in Simon!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PatHead
13-08-2017, 07:25 PM
Ftfy.

:😀

SChibs
13-08-2017, 07:39 PM
Just went back to page one of this thread and had a wee read, quite interesting

bingo70
13-08-2017, 07:49 PM
I've been trying to think of another striker we've had like him and the only one I can think of is Kenny Miller.

Not sure how well that thought will go down but KM has had a terrific career even if there's signs of it coming to an end now.

Stubbsy2016
13-08-2017, 07:53 PM
A more well rounded striker than Cummings and more of a team player.

He's exceeded my expectations. Rightfully first choice striker at the moment.

Hiber-nation
13-08-2017, 07:55 PM
Just went back to page one of this thread and had a wee read, quite interesting

If you look back to the original thread when he was playing for the Arabs in the play offs it was even more interesting....

Hibbycol
13-08-2017, 11:30 PM
Ginga ninja [emoji172]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170813/78032c2a740600dd96b32817510f571a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

1van Sprou7e
14-08-2017, 12:36 AM
I've been trying to think of another striker we've had like him and the only one I can think of is Kenny Miller.

Not sure how well that thought will go down but KM has had a terrific career even if there's signs of it coming to an end now.

Hopefully we can get the boy on a longer term deal (assuming his good form continues), seems like he could be a bit of a late bloomer

Captain Trips
14-08-2017, 08:44 AM

Miller scored 14 in 53 so Murray hopefully will be blowing him right oot the water.

Diclonius
14-08-2017, 08:49 AM
Unlike anyone else on here I was happy when we signed him. :greengrin

I knew Lennon had signed him as back up to replace Keatings and that he was a raw talent, which was fine by me as it was early in the window. Very little risk as he was out of contract and would develop.

I guess I was wrong on that front. :wink:

Nevi_SOL
14-08-2017, 02:46 PM
Scotland call up for Malta at home?

Hermit Crab
14-08-2017, 02:51 PM
Hopefully we can get the boy on a longer term deal (assuming his good form continues), seems like he could be a bit of a late bloomer

:agree:. Sign him up.

Hermit Crab
14-08-2017, 02:51 PM
Scotland call up for Malta at home?

Haha, no chance. Not yet anyway.

hughio
14-08-2017, 02:58 PM
Ginga ninja [emoji172]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170813/78032c2a740600dd96b32817510f571a.jpg

:thumbsup:

Dinkydoo
14-08-2017, 03:34 PM
First name on the team sheet next to McGinn for me. What a start to his Hibs career

Colr
14-08-2017, 03:36 PM
Time for the Jimmy Boco wigs to be ditched for a more ginger version

High-On-Hibs
14-08-2017, 03:38 PM
Unlike anyone else on here I was happy when we signed him. :greengrin

I was impressed by him before we signed him and slaughtered for saying that we would. :cool2:

MyJo
14-08-2017, 03:42 PM
I was impressed by him before we signed him and slaughtered for saying that we would. :cool2:

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?321753-Simon-Murray :devil:

CmoantheHibs
14-08-2017, 03:53 PM
http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?321753-Simon-Murray :devil:

Never seen anything on first page but guessing you caught him telling porkies.avg

Baw187
14-08-2017, 04:08 PM

Looks like he's having an angry ****! [emoji15]

sleeping giant
14-08-2017, 04:10 PM
He just "fits" into Hibs.

Sign him up

MyJo
14-08-2017, 04:26 PM
Never seen anything on first page but guessing you caught him telling porkies.avg

No not at all, its just interesting reading some of the opinions with the benefit of hindsight :greengrin

blackpoolhibs
14-08-2017, 05:20 PM
No not at all, its just interesting reading some of the opinions with the benefit of hindsight :greengrin

Some of the quotes on that thread are so funny, a few of them wouldn't recognise a player if one bit them on their nose. :faf:

Northern Hibby
14-08-2017, 05:26 PM
Looks like he's having an angry ****! [emoji15]

That's what I thought too, does this now replace the Daffy Duck gif :greengrin

Lago
14-08-2017, 09:08 PM
Ah Jimmy Boco, those were the days.

GreenNWhiteArmy
14-08-2017, 09:16 PM
The spine

Marciano,McGregor, Dylan, SJM, Murray and Stokes. Add in Lewy, Whitty, Boyle, efe and we have one helluva squad

Not saw him lately but I stay nearby John Hartson. He put out a tweet when we sold Jase that really ****ing irked me about how he's being short changed the board. Seriously? Best hibs squad in my lifetime bar none.

Oozing of class. As for S.Murray he's performing beyond all expectations and deserves the plaudits coming his way. Keep it up mate

portycabbage
14-08-2017, 09:18 PM

Surely you've not only just ditched the Jimmy Boco wig, it's been 20 years! He had a good song though, if only I could remember the words...

GreenNWhiteArmy
14-08-2017, 09:20 PM
Surely you've not only just ditched the Jimmy Boco wig, it's been 20 years! He had a good song though, if only I could remember the words...

I've still got mine haha

High-On-Hibs
14-08-2017, 09:42 PM

Not me bud. Anybody that knows me knows that i'm consistently stubborn in my views. :wink:

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?321753-Simon-Murray&p=5054783&viewfull=1#post5054783

And just for the lols - http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?321753-Simon-Murray&p=5054789&viewfull=1#post5054789

hibby6270
14-08-2017, 10:47 PM
Bumped into SM today at Asda, Newhaven. Was on his phone the whole time. Congratted him on his goal on Saturday. He smiled.

Didn't have much in his basket apart from a multipack of crisps. I'm guessing though he was in to buy a top up supply of Duracells. :greengrin

Hibbycol
14-08-2017, 10:51 PM
Bumped into SM today at Asda, Newhaven. Was on his phone the whole time. Congratted him on his goal on Saturday. He smiled.

Didn't have much in his basket apart from a multipack of crisps. I'm guessing though he was in to buy a top up supply of Duracells. :greengrinHope it's those ones ,needs to recharge for Hamilton [emoji16]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170814/3752dde95b0db82d04d74ce7418710db.jpg

Hibbycol
14-08-2017, 11:00 PM
Looks like he's having an angry ****! [emoji15]Hoaw ! nae slagging the ginga ninja .

Tha Cabbage Kid
15-08-2017, 06:09 AM
It's interesting then you think, if stokes, hadn't taken his time on signing for hibs and signed right away , would Murray have been given the time to show what he could do?

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

Dashing Bob S
15-08-2017, 06:22 AM
Girls dont like boys girls like Simon Murray
Hibs boys laugh at Hearts because theyre funny

HibbiesandtheBaddies
15-08-2017, 05:55 PM
Girls don't like boys girls like Simon Murray
He scores goals and bookies give ye money...

or

Bet first goal and bookies give ye money... :dunno:

greenlex
31-10-2017, 09:06 PM
My scoring app reported our second goal tonight as the scorer Simon. Love it. How manys that now?

Ryan91
31-10-2017, 09:08 PM
My scoring app reported our second goal tonight as the scorer Simon. Love it. How manys that now?

12 in all competitions, I think

Sir David Gray
31-10-2017, 09:15 PM
12 in all competitions, I think

Yep 8 League Cup, 4 League.

macca70
31-10-2017, 09:31 PM
Yep 8 League Cup, 4 League.

5 League

The Modfather
31-10-2017, 09:38 PM

You must have Futbol24 as well. I thought we’d signed Paul Simon. Certainly getting Sounds Of Silence from the Jambos after almost as many wins in a week as they’ve had all season 😀

Sir David Gray
31-10-2017, 10:01 PM
5 League

1 vs Partick Thistle
1 vs Rangers
1 vs Hearts
1 vs Kilmarnock

Who was the other one against?

Northernhibee
31-10-2017, 10:05 PM
Simon Murray has scored more goals in all competitions than the entire Hearts team have scored in the league and knockout stages of cups this season.

It's maybe not comparing apples for apples but it's a great stat :greengrin

Michael
31-10-2017, 10:06 PM
1 vs Partick Thistle
1 vs Rangers
1 vs Hearts
1 vs Kilmarnock

Who was the other one against?

No one cause he's definitely scored 4.

greenlex
31-10-2017, 10:42 PM
You must have Futbol24 as well. I thought we’d signed Paul Simon. Certainly getting Sounds Of Silence from the Jambos after almost as many wins in a week as they’ve had all season ��

That’s the one. You know your a baller when you get hailed by one name that’s not your surname. Pele and Zlahtan spring to mind.

greenlex
05-11-2017, 06:43 PM
That’ll be 8 & 5 now.

Lago
05-11-2017, 06:46 PM
Great signing, well done NL