PDA

View Full Version : Dylan McGeouch

Vault Boy
09-07-2017, 07:00 PM
He has been excellent in both friendlies thus far IMO. I often forget just how good he is when he's out of the team for a spell, but he just oozes class - looked better than any of the midfielders in the opposition ranks.

The ball is tied to his feet and his passing is so crisp, really hope he has better luck with injuries this season, class above.

The_Horde
09-07-2017, 07:02 PM
Was he limping at the end?

Mango Man
09-07-2017, 07:04 PM
Absolutely, thought he had quite a bit of energy about him today, such a clever player, always finds space for himself and is a crisp passer, not seen him look that flexible for a while too, it would be amazing if we could get a fully fit Dylan this season, would be like a new signing.

sauzee=legend
09-07-2017, 07:06 PM
I personally thought at times today he was blowing out of his backside, caught him after 11minutes with both hands on his hips and deep breathing and continued a lot in the first half.
However when on the ball - he is very confident, good eye for a pass, relaxed/calm on the ball and doesn't panic.

lord bunberry
09-07-2017, 07:22 PM
He's one of our best players there's no doubting that. This is a big season for him.

RossScott1991
09-07-2017, 07:26 PM
He's our version of Jack Wilshere. Really hope he has luck with injuries, because he's a cracking player and In my opinion when fit and playing he's every bit as good as John McGinn

hibsboy69
09-07-2017, 07:36 PM
He's a great player.........sadly though, his body just doesn't let him perform effectively as a professional footballer. His nickname is "The Tampon" (in for one week then out for three).

Put it this way, I'd be surprised if he didn't pick up a niggle or aggravate his long term injury after his game time today.

It's such a shame and so frustrating (for him more so than us I imagine). :brickwall

jacomo
09-07-2017, 07:42 PM
So many people convinced that DM can never get fit.

But I remember Steven Gerrard have similar niggily injuries when he was younger. Once the underlying issue was addressed he became one of the more reliable midfielders in the EPL.

Let's hope he is over the worst. A great player when fit.

hibsboy69
09-07-2017, 07:45 PM
So many people convinced that DM can never get fit.

But I remember Steven Gerrard have similar niggily injuries when he was younger. Once the underlying issue was addressed he became one of the more reliable midfielders in the EPL.

Let's hope he is over the worst. A great player when fit.

I can't remember that with Gerrard............really hope DM's problem can be cured though.........he won't be with us for long if it can !

GlasgowHibee
09-07-2017, 08:13 PM
DM is more important to the Hibs team than SJM, it's just a shame that he always picks up small niggly injuries.

berwickhibee
09-07-2017, 08:19 PM
I can't remember that with Gerrard............really hope DM's problem can be cured though.........he won't be with us for long if it can !

Hes right about gerrard.had loads of niggles early on in his csreer.

Sir David Gray
09-07-2017, 08:26 PM
If he can stay fit then we'll have one of the best midfielders in the country.

hibsboy69
09-07-2017, 08:28 PM
Hes right about gerrard.had loads of niggles early on in his csreer.

:aok:

09-07-2017, 08:35 PM
Great player. Someone mentioned on here we changed his training regime to help his injury problems. Not sure if accurate but if we could rely on him to play 30-40 games a season it would be like a new signing.

Hibeewilly
09-07-2017, 08:37 PM
He has been excellent in both friendlies thus far IMO. I often forget just how good he is when he's out of the team for a spell, but he just oozes class - looked better than any of the midfielders in the opposition ranks.

The ball is tied to his feet and his passing is so crisp, really hope he has better luck with injuries this season, class above.
Bang on VB:top markshe is a class act:agree:

HibbiesandtheBaddies
09-07-2017, 08:39 PM

:agree:

Wee Effen Bee
09-07-2017, 09:15 PM
His nickname is "The Tampon" (in for one week then out for three) 'quote'

Im sitting with a few people and Im really glad that when I asked the group (male and female) what they thought of someone actually using that phrase, they were unanimous in saying:
1. It isn't remotely funny
2. It's as crass a comparison as you would ever read
3. Whoever thought it up has serious issues😀
I wonder if anyone actually calls him it or is it just used with a specific group of people🤔

Speedy
09-07-2017, 09:19 PM

Im sitting with a few people and Im really glad that when I asked the group (male and female) what they thought of someone actually using that phrase, they were unanimous in saying:
I wonder if anyone actually calls him it or is it just used with a specific group of people🤔

Agreed

NORTHERNHIBBY
09-07-2017, 09:19 PM
Fantastic player when he is fit. We are a much better team when he is on form. Puts me in mind of Liam Miller.

Wembley67
09-07-2017, 09:20 PM

There is a zillion worst things he could be called.

Mick O'Rourke
09-07-2017, 09:22 PM

3. Whoever thought it up has serious issues��
I wonder if anyone actually calls him it or is it just used with a specific group of people��

Periodically he gets called by that name.

oldbutdim
09-07-2017, 09:26 PM

I've heard that 'joke' many times before, but not about Dylan - whose nickname I'm pretty sure it isn't.

It's just not funny, but the guy telling the 'joke' hasn't shown evidence of any issues other than a crap sense of humour.
Hopefully he only makes these 'jokes' periodically.

guthrie01
09-07-2017, 09:30 PM
Hate when I see the title and immediately panic thinking he is going elsewhere. Which goes to show how much we need him and McGinn for this year. Both players who when fit and in form are the best players in the squad.

angus hibby
09-07-2017, 09:49 PM
a quality player, we're very lucky to have him and guess if he didn't have injury problems, he'd be at a higher level than us.

Big L
09-07-2017, 11:51 PM
I just hope all this rubbish about him leaving has been put to bed, the guys class.

Baader
10-07-2017, 12:00 AM
I'm of the opinion that McGeoch is the best football player at ER. Just hope he can play interrupted as he makes us tick.

Wee Effen Bee
10-07-2017, 12:14 AM
There is a zillion worst things he could be called.

I think being called a Jambo or a Tory are probably worse...

Hopefully he only makes these 'jokes' periodically. 'Quote'
Aye, alright. I walked into that pun with my eyes wide shut!greengrin

Jag7
10-07-2017, 06:18 AM
I think being called a Jambo or an SNP clone are probably worse...

Hopefully he only makes these 'jokes' periodically. 'Quote'
Aye, alright. I walked into that pun with my eyes wide shut!greengrin

Corrected that for you !

Aldo
10-07-2017, 06:27 AM
I'm of the opinion that McGeoch is the best football player at ER. Just hope he can play interrupted as he makes us tick.

I am of the same opinion.

Showed in the SF against Aberdeen what he can do when he drives forward!

Just needs to keep fit!

Arch Stanton
10-07-2017, 06:48 AM
To me he looked awful like Archie Gemmill today and played a wee bit like him too - maybe not as calm and measured though.

Big_Franck
10-07-2017, 06:58 AM

The first time I heard that joke I thought it was quite funny, couldnt care less if its crass or not. Suppose it depends on your sense of humour. I hope that group don't go to see Frankie Boyle or Ricky Gervais as they'll find them terribly crass.

Hope wee Dylan can stay fit. A midfield of him, Bartley and McGinn would be the strongest outside Celtic IMO.

CentreLine
10-07-2017, 07:52 AM
He's a great player.........sadly though, his body just doesn't let him perform effectively as a professional footballer. His nickname is "The Tampon" (in for one week then out for three).

Put it this way, I'd be surprised if he didn't pick up a niggle or aggravate his long term injury after his game time today.

It's such a shame and so frustrating (for him more so than us I imagine). :brickwall

Is this your nickname for him or do people at the club actually call home that? To his face? Behind his back?

It just seems like a most juvenile and unlikely expression, even amongst footballers???

bingo70
10-07-2017, 07:57 AM
I think people are over thinking the whole tampon nickname thing.

That's pretty much my thoughts on the subject.

Brightside
10-07-2017, 08:22 AM
Is this your nickname for him or do people at the club actually call home that? To his face? Behind his back?

It just seems like a most juvenile and unlikely expression, even amongst footballers???

Its from a guy who has 69 in his username. QED

neil7908
10-07-2017, 10:21 AM
I'd be over the moon to get Dylan playing, at full fitness, the vast majority of games this season.

If we go 4-3-3 a midfield 3 of him, Bartley and McGinn would be excellent. Allow Bartley to sit and the other two to get forward.

We all know SJM's ability and Dylan showed in the Aberdeen semi final how dangerous he can be not just with his passing but driving at the opposition and getting into the box.

Springbank
10-07-2017, 10:24 AM
I'd be over the moon to get Dylan playing, at full fitness, the vast majority of games this season.

If we go 4-3-3 a midfield 3 of him, Bartley and McGinn would be excellent. Allow Bartley to sit and the other two to get forward.

We all know SJM's ability and Dylan showed in the Aberdeen semi final how dangerous he can be.

Yes, Dylan is my favourite Hibs player (and glad to see the thread back discussing football instead of nicknames :)

Him and McGinn showed in possession yesterday that they can go toe to toe with £13m footballers, and eventually it is the £13m men who decided to back off them, as Dylan and McGinn never lost the football, when in space or in tight situations. Great feet, and lovely vision

coco22
10-07-2017, 11:31 AM
McGinn and McGeouch, fit and playing together, will be massive for us this season. Hope for Dylan, as much as the team, that he gets a full run of games to prove his quality. As others have stated, our best player IMO (or equal with SJM! 😉, can never decide)

edwards
10-07-2017, 11:43 AM
Dylan had a fair game yesterday and although it was a testimonial it wasn't treated like that both teams wnet for it eventually which made it a better game. We really need another player in there and if true we are showing an interest in Ali Crawford I feel he is another aggresive attacking midfielder and would be an asset at ER

neil7908
10-07-2017, 01:02 PM
Dylan had a fair game yesterday and although it was a testimonial it wasn't treated like that both teams wnet for it eventually which made it a better game. We really need another player in there and if true we are showing an interest in Ali Crawford I feel he is another aggresive attacking midfielder and would be an asset at ER

I forgot about the Crawford rumour, I wonder if there is any truth in that as it's all been quiet since it first came out.

J-C
10-07-2017, 01:05 PM
I'm hoping the longer summer break has helped Dylan get some much needed rest on his pelvic problem, a few weeks in the sun does wonders at times.