PDA

View Full Version : Sunderland fans

High-On-Hibs
09-07-2017, 04:59 PM
Anyone else read through any of their forums? Seem like a right bunch of roasters and ALMOST as arrogant as yer average Hertz clown.

greenlex
09-07-2017, 05:00 PM
A good few stayed back to applaud Lewis. Touch of class.

Billy Whizz
09-07-2017, 05:00 PM
Anyone else read through any of their forums? Seem like a right bunch of roasters and ALMOST as arrogant as yer average Hertz clown.

They gave Lewis a great round of applause when he went off

High-On-Hibs
09-07-2017, 05:01 PM
A good few stayed back to applaud Lewis. Touch of class.

About half a dozen at best.

JimboHibs
09-07-2017, 05:01 PM

Nope

Real Emerald
09-07-2017, 05:05 PM

At the end of the day they're not a very glamorous English side so not giving a **** what they say. If they were any decent there would have been a lot more than 9,300 at the game, which is also a shame for LS who really deserved more.

Glory Lurker
09-07-2017, 05:09 PM
Were they calling us tories early in the game???

andybev1
09-07-2017, 05:09 PM
A small section of their fans, the more vocal ones, were also 'roasters'.

09-07-2017, 05:12 PM

What are they saying like?

hfc rd
09-07-2017, 05:12 PM
Who was the guy with the Newcastle top on sitting in the east? Found it hilarious when they didn't like it and started aiming chants towards him.

Overall, they did have a few roasters but majority of their fans today seemed a decent bunch and applauded Lewis and the wee bairns at HT.

Booked4Being-Ugly
09-07-2017, 05:15 PM
There was 1 guy in the Hibs end wearing a Newcastle top. I think it was him they were having a go at.

andybev1
09-07-2017, 05:16 PM
That is what my partner thought also.

Keith_M
09-07-2017, 05:16 PM
There was 1 guy in the Hibs end wearing a Newcastle top. I think it was him they were having a go at.

Stevie?

:greengrin

Lago
09-07-2017, 05:26 PM
Fans of most clubs have their complement of roasters, goes with game.

Monts
09-07-2017, 05:32 PM
Think it was Geordie, rather than Tory

High-On-Hibs
09-07-2017, 05:46 PM
Who was the guy with the Newcastle top on sitting in the east? Found it hilarious when they didn't like it and started aiming chants towards him.

Overall, they did have a few roasters but majority of their fans today seemed a decent bunch and applauded Lewis and the wee bairns at HT.

Some guy called Mag apparently. Seems to be well known amongst Sunderland fans.

https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/mag-at-hibs.1377256/
(https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/mag-at-hibs.1377256/)
By the way, i'm not having a go at the Sunderland fans at the game, they were fine. I was referring to their online base. A real arrogance about them. Another lot who think that spending 10x more on players automatically guarantees you 10x the quality.

High-On-Hibs
09-07-2017, 05:47 PM
Think it was Geordie, rather than Tory

Sounded like "you're only a fat tory bas.....". Possibly Ruthie? Or even Mundell?

StevieCowan
09-07-2017, 05:51 PM

By the way, i'm not having a go at the Sunderland fans at the game, they were fine. I was referring to their online base. A real arrogance about them. Another lot who think that spending 10x more on players automatically guarantees you 10x the quality.

"Some guy called Mag" 😂😂

madhatter
09-07-2017, 05:52 PM
Did something happen with the Sunderland fans on Rossie Place? I was running late for the game and there was about 20 cops, 2 on horses and a small group approx. 10 men that were cornered by the cops. Had to ask one of the cops if it was ok to walk through to Easter Road...

SirDavidsNapper
09-07-2017, 06:04 PM
Hope they're relegated again

green day
09-07-2017, 06:10 PM
Did something happen with the Sunderland fans on Rossie Place? I was running late for the game and there was about 20 cops, 2 on horses and a small group approx. 10 men that were cornered by the cops. Had to ask one of the cops if it was ok to walk through to Easter Road...

Large plod presence today, I was a bit surprised.

I guess we will have to get used to this again (certainly for the bigger matches).

Just when my dad and I had got used to parking in Meadowbank Retail park and wandering thru.............

SRHibs
09-07-2017, 06:15 PM
"Some guy called Mag" 😂😂

Lol.

Just to clarify for HoH, Mag isn't the boy's name. He's a Magpie (Newcastle fan).

09-07-2017, 06:17 PM

That guy in the newcastle top today has really gotten to them :greengrin

Pretty Boy
09-07-2017, 06:18 PM
They haven't liked us after it kicked off the last twice we played them.

There's a bit of selective memory about the last time from them. A hefty group of Sunderland fans were taking absolute liberties walking down ER laying into anyone in Hibs colours, including folk with women and kids. They were later greeted by a relatively sizable group of Hibs fans who were of a more similar mind to them and didn't like it when they took a bit of a beating.

Way they tell it a group of brave warriors were set upon by nasty bullying Hibs fans which is total nonsense.

Deansy
09-07-2017, 06:19 PM

In football there's nasty chants and there's really nasty chants but THAT - if that turns out true then they've crossed a line that no football-fan should ever cross !

High-On-Hibs
09-07-2017, 06:23 PM
Lol.

Just to clarify for HoH, Mag isn't the boy's name. He's a Magpie (Newcastle fan).

They're a strange bunch these Sunderland/Newcastle lot. You never know. :wink:

Glory Lurker
09-07-2017, 06:25 PM
In football there's nasty chants and there's really nasty chants but THAT - if that turns out true then they've crossed a line that no football-fan should ever cross !

Post above suggesting it was "geordie". Maybe picking on the bloke Mag?

I thought it was "Tory" and was a comment on the increase in their MPs up here. I found that quite funny. Me in my own wee world as usual! :crazy:

JohnM1875
No matter what, I'll think they may well regret their "Lennon, what's the score" chants now at 0-2.

In all honesty though I thought their fans were fine. A wee bit banter between fans isn't the end of the world. And, as a few folk have said a few stayed behind and applauded Lewis, so, fair play. Didn't need to do that.

hibsbollah
A far more knowledgeable group of fans than the Geordies, IMO.

NOLA
09-07-2017, 06:31 PM
Was carl Macar there today with his slippers [emoji122]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SRHibs
09-07-2017, 06:41 PM
Aside from the deeply ingrained English arrogance they seem fine.

givescotlandfreedom
09-07-2017, 06:56 PM
During the minute's applause for Bradley Lowery I noticed 'Durham loyal' set up their union flag and two guys held it up before tying it to seats in the south. A particularly pathetic and inappropriate time for point scoring from these apparently sevco minded Mackems.

Nakedmanoncrack
09-07-2017, 06:59 PM
Most seemed fine, a few of them immediately went through the Brit Nat repertoire, which unfortunately reflects on the rest of them, very poor- particularly in the circumstances, but hey ho, that's what they've become.

CraigHibee
09-07-2017, 07:09 PM
They seem Awwfy upset

Theinsider
09-07-2017, 07:16 PM

😂😂

BurghHibby
09-07-2017, 07:54 PM
I though they were terrible, on a par with your normal hun, jambo etc.
We invite them to our house, respect them by honouring "one of there own" Bradley Lowery, and then they abuse us by chanting GSTQ!! and the other anti-Scots pish.
It was a testimonial / pre-season friendly game, there's no need

Carheenlea
09-07-2017, 08:10 PM
We invite them to our house, respect them by honouring "one of there own" Bradley Lowery, and then they abuse us by chanting GSTQ!! and the other anti-Scots pish.

To be fair, we don't really share tea and scones with opposition fans ourselves on trips south of the border.

High-On-Hibs
09-07-2017, 08:11 PM

I don't like the GSTQ stuff, but it is the B̶r̶i̶t̶i̶s̶h̶ English anthem. Which automatically gives them far more right to sing it than the great pretenders from Glasgow.

Andy74
09-07-2017, 08:14 PM
I don't like the GSTQ stuff, but it is the B̶r̶i̶t̶i̶s̶h̶ English anthem. Which automatically gives them far more right to sing it than the great pretenders from Glasgow.

Not really. It's the British anthem and Rangers supporters are just as entitled to sing it as supporters of an English team.

I'd rather it wasn't sung at all mind you.

yonder1875
09-07-2017, 08:17 PM
Can't be hooped reading through their forums but I can bet they were having a dig at a) Scottish football and b) Scotland. It's been a fun time for us of late and there's been a feel good factor for a while - spare a thought for their fans who have been depressed for years.

High-On-Hibs
09-07-2017, 08:17 PM
Not really. It's the British anthem and Rangers supporters are just as entitled to sing it as supporters of an English team.

How can it be the British anthem when Scotland has its own anthem? If it was the British anthem, then England would have a different anthem like we do.

yonder1875
09-07-2017, 08:20 PM

The Tommy Robinson brigade.

bingo70
09-07-2017, 08:24 PM
How can it be the British anthem when Scotland has its own anthem? If it was the British anthem, then England would have a different anthem like we do.

Because we've chosen to use a different one.

Northern Ireland also use it, as is their right, while Wales are the same as us and have chosen a different anthem.

High-On-Hibs
09-07-2017, 08:25 PM
Because we've chosen to use a different one.

Northern Ireland also use it, as is their right, while Wales are the same as us and have chosen a different anthem.

So it's the England and Northern Ireland anthem then? :dunno:

Pretty Boy
09-07-2017, 08:26 PM

It's the British anthem. Scotland and Wales use unofficial anthems at sporting events as do England (Land of Hope & Glory) at the Commonwealth Games. Northern Ireland use Londonderry Air (Danny Boy) at the same event.

I believe the Scottish Parliament now has the devolved power to select an anthem but as of yet haven't acted upon this.

matty_f
09-07-2017, 08:28 PM
So it's the England and Northern Ireland anthem then? :dunno:

No. It's the British one.

Sometimes England use Swing Low, Sweet Chariot iirc, think there's another song that's name escapes me that they Sunshine's use as well.

Andy74
09-07-2017, 08:31 PM

This is really because England struggle to find their own identity other than being British.

Drumlanrig
09-07-2017, 08:34 PM

Can never be accepted as a British anthem when the 3rd verse refers to crushing "rebellious Scots".
Scotland has no official anthem and that dreadful Corries dirge, "Flower of Scotland " does nothing for me!

OxoHibby
09-07-2017, 08:34 PM
They're a strange bunch these Sunderland/Newcastle lot. You never know. :wink:

Jocks with their Heids bashed in us the old saying

OxoHibby
09-07-2017, 08:36 PM
This is really because England struggle to find their own identity other than being British.

England doesn't really understand Britain or t he difference. Many of them see England and Britain as the same thing

Billy McKirdy
09-07-2017, 08:37 PM
No. It's the British one.

Sometimes England use Swing Low, Sweet Chariot iirc, think there's another song that's name escapes me that they Sunshine's use as well.

Jerusalem? which is in the middle east as far as I'm aware 😂

Foritza
09-07-2017, 08:38 PM
Actually feel sorry for them.There they where singing their support for their Queen and country.When if truth be known nobody in any Authorised position In England gives a s**t about anybody in the North East of England. They might as well be Scots as far as the English Government are concerned. A sad lot, Diminished by the rest of England especially by the wealth of the English Southerners and North West Lancashire regions. I read a few of their forum comments and was dismayed by their paranoia, but I guess that goes with the territory of living in the North East of Engruland .

CropleyWasGod
09-07-2017, 08:39 PM
Can never be accepted as a British anthem when the 3rd verse refers to crushing "rebellious Scots".
Scotland has no official anthem and that dreadful Corries dirge, "Flower of Scotland " does nothing for me!

That verse was removed before it became the British anthem, apparently.

A better reason for not singing it would be the notion that God would save a monarch before their subjects. :cb

High-On-Hibs
09-07-2017, 08:39 PM

Just like GSTQ, it's an anthem fixated on the past. We need something fresh. Something less depressing that's about looking ahead, not backwards.

Pretty Boy
09-07-2017, 08:41 PM

6th verse. Almost never sung and certainly not in official usage.

Was added in response to the Jacobite risings.

Mr White
09-07-2017, 08:43 PM
Just like GSTQ, it's an anthem fixated on the past. We need something fresh. Something less depressing that's about looking ahead, not backwards.

I'm On My Way by the Proclaimers. That would brighten up even the dullest of international sporting events.

One Day
09-07-2017, 08:48 PM
Actually feel sorry for them.There they where singing their support for their Queen and country.When if truth be known nobody in any Authorised position In England gives a s**t about anybody in the North East of England. They might as well be Scots as far as the English Government are concerned. A sad lot, Diminished by the rest of England especially by the wealth of the English Southerners and North West Lancashire regions. I read a few of their forum comments and was dismayed by their paranoia, but I guess that goes with the territory of living in the North East of Engruland .

Do you think the queen even knows or cares where Sunderland is

Drumlanrig
09-07-2017, 08:51 PM
6th verse. Almost never sung and certainly not in official usage.

Was added in response to the Jacobite risings.

I sit corrected!

Thanks.

Northernhibee
09-07-2017, 08:56 PM
Seen them discussing signing up for Hibs TV to see the game and making fairly arrogant comments about the club.

We more than matched them today for all but fifteen minutes. They're going to get a shock this coming season...

Ryehill Avenue
09-07-2017, 09:00 PM
They haven't liked us after it kicked off the last twice we played them.

There's a bit of selective memory about the last time from them. A hefty group of Sunderland fans were taking absolute liberties walking down ER laying into anyone in Hibs colours, including folk with women and kids. They were later greeted by a relatively sizable group of Hibs fans who were of a more similar mind to them and didn't like it when they took a bit of a beating.

Way they tell it a group of brave warriors were set upon by nasty bullying Hibs fans which is total nonsense.

thats not the way it happened at all.

SAFc played hibs at ER around 2003. I was at the game. The Sunderland fans took liberties in and around Leith/Easter Road and the Hibs fans took a beating, beaten badly. SAFC had around 400 hooligans out that day and simply overwhelmed the lads from Pilton/Leith. Hibs didnt forget that. Hibs then played SAFC circa 2011 and this time the hibs casuals were ready, although the SAFc hooligans didnt go to the match so it was innocent SAFC fans who took a beating that day. therefore a lot of "normal" SAFC fans didnt turn up today, hence the low turnout.

for today's game the police were clearly ready. We got into Waverley today at 10.43am on the 9.15am from Newcastle. there was a police presence at Newcastle Central station including on the platform. At Waverley there was a police presence to greet every train that arrived from the NE. I got to Easter Road early with my 15 year old son (I'm a late developer on the baby front) and couldnt get into The Artisan (?) but the lad serving told me that kids were welcome in The Safari Lounge. We hadnt been in there 5 minutes before the hibs Casuals turned up and within 30 minutes there were at least 30 of them. most in the back room (i assume on the Bob hope). I'm assuming others arrived so there were probably around 50 of them in the end. the Police however were monitoring the pub.

We didnt see anything on the way down Easter Road and after the game we walked back up to Meadowbank through the back alley that leads to the shopping centre. As me and the bairn were walking towards london Road, at the top of Easter Road, there was around 12 police with 5 or 6 hibs Casuals, two in hand cuffs. We were ushered over the other side of the road and then crossed back over to get the 34 Ricarlton bus 100 yards up London Road.

there were police at the top of Leith Walk, police at Waverley Steps and police in the station. when we got the train back to Newcastle British Transport police were on the train and they were there again at Newcastle Central station when we got off. Clearly they were making sure that this fixture was not going to have a repetition of the two previous games (NUFC fans and SAFC fans have clashed at Central station before when they have arrived back from the previous two Hibs pre season friendlies).

however there were no SAFC arrests today and from the SAFC perspective it all passed off peacefully although the main SAFC train is about due into Central Station around now/15 minutes ago. Central station may get interesting.

I thought that the game produced a fair scoreline today. SAFC deserved their half time lead (with what is probably their strongest lineup) and in the second half the goalie was hopeless as hibs got two goals back.

I lived in Edinburgh from 1964 to 1974, went to watch hibs from 1967 to 1974, now contract in Edinburgh and watch hibs if I'm staying over with work. I now live back in County Durham, but always watch for hibs results. I'm a season ticket holder at SAFC and my family has a history with the club going back to the 1920's.

Edinburgh is a cracking city, I love the people but what you posted above is not correct. It needed correcting.

Mr White
09-07-2017, 09:12 PM
simply overwhelmed the lads from Pilton/Leith

That must have come as quite a shock to them. You could call it one right out of left field :cb

High-On-Hibs
09-07-2017, 09:24 PM

SAFc played hibs at ER around 2003. I was at the game. The Sunderland fans took liberties in and around Leith/Easter Road and the Hibs fans took a beating, beaten badly. SAFC had around 400 hooligans out that day and simply overwhelmed the lads from Pilton/Leith. Hibs didnt forget that. Hibs then played SAFC circa 2011 and this time the hibs casuals were ready, although the SAFc hooligans didnt go to the match so it was innocent SAFC fans who took a beating that day. therefore a lot of "normal" SAFC fans didnt turn up today, hence the low turnout.

for today's game the police were clearly ready. We got into Waverley today at 10.43am on the 9.15am from Newcastle. there was a police presence at Newcastle Central station including on the platform. At Waverley there was a police presence to greet every train that arrived from the NE. I got to Easter Road early with my 15 year old son (I'm a late developer on the baby front) and couldnt get into The Artisan (?) but the lad serving told me that kids were welcome in The Safari Lounge. We hadnt been in there 5 minutes before the hibs Casuals turned up and within 30 minutes there were at least 30 of them. most in the back room (i assume on the Bob hope). I'm assuming others arrived so there were probably around 50 of them in the end. the Police however were monitoring the pub.

We didnt see anything on the way down Easter Road and after the game we walked back up to Meadowbank through the back alley that leads to the shopping centre. As me and the bairn were walking towards london Road, at the top of Easter Road, there was around 12 police with 5 or 6 hibs Casuals, two in hand cuffs. We were ushered over the other side of the road and then crossed back over to get the 34 Ricarlton bus 100 yards up London Road.

there were police at the top of Leith Walk, police at Waverley Steps and police in the station. when we got the train back to Newcastle British Transport police were on the train and they were there again at Newcastle Central station when we got off. Clearly they were making sure that this fixture was not going to have a repetition of the two previous games (NUFC fans and SAFC fans have clashed at Central station before when they have arrived back from the previous two Hibs pre season friendlies).

however there were no SAFC arrests today and from the SAFC perspective it all passed off peacefully although the main SAFC train is about due into Central Station around now/15 minutes ago. Central station may get interesting.

I thought that the game produced a fair scoreline today. SAFC deserved their half time lead (with what is probably their strongest lineup) and in the second half the goalie was hopeless as hibs got two goals back.

I lived in Edinburgh from 1964 to 1974, went to watch hibs from 1967 to 1974, now contract in Edinburgh and watch hibs if I'm staying over with work. I now live back in County Durham, but always watch for hibs results. I'm a season ticket holder at SAFC and my family has a history with the club going back to the 1920's.

Edinburgh is a cracking city, I love the people but what you posted above is not correct. It needed correcting.

Aye, right you are! :faf:

greenlex
09-07-2017, 09:37 PM
That must have come as quite a shock to them. You could call it one right out of left field :cb

I knew I recognised that name.

Mr White
09-07-2017, 09:42 PM
I knew I recognised that name.

Aye there's probably no need to be gannon and on about it though tbf.

Hibrandenburg
09-07-2017, 09:57 PM

So to summarise, one set of tubes got battered by another set of tubes who took exception to getting battered by a set of tubes and decided to get revenge on the aforementioned tubes and then reacted like tubes by battering the previously victorious tubes.

BoomtownHibees
09-07-2017, 09:58 PM
Reading one of their posts about Newcastle sounded quite familiar:

"They've always thought that marra. Growing up in the 50's and 60's in Consett, there was an even spread of support for both.....some even used to go to one of them one week and the other the next.....but I remember the mags always considered themselves superior.... reckon it went back to Millburn and the Robledos. Arrogant *******s even then. Thing I've noticed over the years though.....they hide when things aren't going for them... and more so when we're doing well. Then, the mags I know, are very quiet, but when we're not doing good,all of a sudden they're in my face at every opportunity! There's no substance to them"

Ryehill Avenue
09-07-2017, 10:09 PM
Not sure what bit you are arguing about.

I was at the first game and was there today but have to vouch for SAFC fans account of the second game as I didnt go.

Its well known what happened in 2003 and you'll not get the Hibs lads admitting to anything else. I am also told that the crowd control arrangements today were the same as that given for Hibs v Hearts, Rangers and Celtic which tells you how high profile Police Scotland judged the game to be.

No bother today that I saw. Enjoyed the day out.

Facts are facts marra and you dont seem to be in possession of many.

Ryehill Avenue
09-07-2017, 10:13 PM

I was at the first game and was there today but have to vouch for SAFC fans account of the second game as I didnt go.

Its well known what happened in 2002/2003 and you'll not get the Hibs lads admitting to anything else. I am also told that the crowd control arrangements today were the same as that given for Hibs v Hearts, Rangers and Celtic which tells you how high profile Police Scotland judged the game to be.

Facts are facts marra and you dont seem to be in possession of many. LOL.

Mr White
09-07-2017, 10:15 PM

Its well known what happened in 2002/2003 and you'll not get the Hibs lads admitting to anything else. I am also told that the crowd control arrangements today were the same as that given for Hibs v Hearts, Rangers and Celtic which tells you how high profile Police Scotland judged the game to be.

Your track record for stating "facts" on here isn't exactly blemish free though is it?

High-On-Hibs
09-07-2017, 10:29 PM
A well constructed response which just edges you ahead in this debate.

I suppose you prefer people who post paragraphs of events as they see it, attempting to pass it off as indisputable universal fact without any doubt?

I don't need to. I'm reasoned enough to know that all football clubs have their share of thugs and more often than not, it's a case of what goes around comes around.

BigT-Hibeez
09-07-2017, 10:40 PM
A guy I worked with for years in London is a Sunderland Fan, we always had a wee bit banter and he was the first to text me on 21-05-16 to say well done.. Then today he texted me saying are we gonna bulk up our support again with Celtic supporters??? Still not replied...

ehf
09-07-2017, 10:51 PM
Thought the chant "Jermaine Pennant, we thought you were dead" was in particularly bad taste, today of all days.

madhatter
09-07-2017, 11:53 PM
Thought the chant "Jermaine Pennant, we thought you were dead" was in particularly bad taste, today of all days.

Yeah, I found that remarkable when I could actually make out what they were singing. What kind of people/fans sing that type of thing at a Testimonial game and just after the passing of Bradley Lowery...

cabbageandribs1875
10-07-2017, 01:27 AM
can i ask a quite important Q, who or what is 'marra' ? :confused:

cabbageandribs1875
10-07-2017, 01:30 AM

Yeah, I found that remarkable when I could actually make out what they were singing. What kind of people/fans sing that type of thing at a Testimonial game and just after the passing of Bradley Lowery...

quite bizarre, strange fans indeed

connerg
10-07-2017, 01:52 AM
They seem Awwfy upset

Aye, wee team syndrome. There is a hilarious similarity between them and the yams. :wink:

Flanny boy
10-07-2017, 02:50 AM
can i ask a quite important Q, who or what is 'marra' ? :confused:

If I remember right I think it means mate or friend, could be wrong though

Steve-O
10-07-2017, 05:33 AM
It's the British anthem. Scotland and Wales use unofficial anthems at sporting events as do England (Land of Hope & Glory) at the Commonwealth Games. Northern Ireland use Londonderry Air (Danny Boy) at the same event.

I believe the Scottish Parliament now has the devolved power to select an anthem but as of yet haven't acted upon this.

GSTQ is even technically a national anthem of New Zealand. They don't use it though.

Jag7
10-07-2017, 07:56 AM

Totally agree .. no need for SNP crap on here !

JimBHibees
10-07-2017, 08:00 AM

No need for any political chat on the football forum.

southern hibby
10-07-2017, 08:30 AM
So to summarise, one set of tubes got battered by another set of tubes who took exception to getting battered by a set of tubes and decided to get revenge on the aforementioned tubes and then reacted like tubes by battering the previously victorious tubes.

Reminds me of London all these tubes going nowhere I want to go to.

GGTTH

cabbageandribs1875
10-07-2017, 09:22 AM

ta muchly, we learn so much on .net :agree:

Speedy
10-07-2017, 11:27 AM

Correct

StevieC
10-07-2017, 11:58 AM
Stevie?

Not me .. I'm on my holibobs and missed it.
Also missing the game against THEM on Friday. I get back Saturday morning! Who plays a friendly on a Friday night!!
(apart from us v Millwall :wink: )

jingler1954
10-07-2017, 12:27 PM
Sounded like "you're only a fat tory bas.....". Possibly Ruthie? Or even Mundell?
Geordie.

Hibeesmad
10-07-2017, 12:47 PM
If that is Sunderlands strongest squad then they need a few more signings if wanting to achieve the ply offs next season

ColinNish
10-07-2017, 12:52 PM

Aye, he was in the Sunderland end.

james62
10-07-2017, 02:54 PM

I thought it was "Tory" and was a comment on the increase in their MPs up here. I found that quite funny. Me in my own wee world as usual! :crazy:

If that's the case they'll have a field day if they ever play a pre season match against the Sheep

Keith_M
10-07-2017, 05:07 PM
Not me .. I'm on my holibobs and missed it.
Also missing the game against THEM on Friday. I get back Saturday morning! Who plays a friendly on a Friday night!!
(apart from us v Millwall :wink: )

I bet you were gutted you missed it.

:wink:

10-07-2017, 05:14 PM

Heard them sing about Pennant but couldn't make out what they were saying. If thats what it was then that is in extremely poor taste considering what happened last week. Some people are so utterly thoughtless. Not a particularly funny or witty chant at the best of times let alone at a friendly testimonial which was also partly used as a tribute to Bradley Lowery.

Just had a look at their forums and looks like they have a lot of roasters in their support.

10-07-2017, 05:16 PM
Had to laugh at them singing "we're gonna win the league" though. Not with that squad they aren't!

Booked4Being-Ugly
10-07-2017, 05:25 PM
Had to laugh at them singing "we're gonna win the league" though. Not with that squad they aren't!I wasn't sure if that was sung in sarcasm but loved just when they were getting into their 'ole's' they shipped 2 and then clamped up when they realised they could get beat off team that was in the "2nd tier of a tin-pot Scottish league"!

eastcoasthibby
10-07-2017, 05:33 PM
Aside from the deeply ingrained English arrogance they seem fine.

Down that way a fair bit and they don't have the same arrogance about themselves as when you get a bit further south .. I genuinely don't think the majority of fans. South of the border could cope with what we do in respect of the financial side thing's....look at the amount of money on that pitch on Sunday, in transfer fees and wages, was the football gap 20 times better ? cos thats what wage bill difference would have been at least !! It just re-affirms how f----d up the football world is down there and will burst at sometime not too far off !!

10-07-2017, 05:41 PM
Down that way a fair bit and they don't have the same arrogance about themselves as when you get a bit further south .. I genuinely don't think the majority of fans. South of the border could cope with what we do in respect of the financial side thing's....look at the amount of money on that pitch on Sunday, in transfer fees and wages, was the football gap 20 times better ? cos thats what wage bill difference would have been at least !! It just re-affirms how f----d up the football world is down there and will burst at sometime not too far off !!

McGinn absolutely owned their £13m player. Your right, the spending down their is now ridiculously out of control, the amount of money being spent on pretty average players is madness.

Brooster
10-07-2017, 05:45 PM

I would be amazed if the crowd control measures were the same as a hertz or old firm game.

Hibrandenburg
10-07-2017, 06:41 PM
Heard them sing about Pennant but couldn't make out what they were saying. If thats what it was then that is in extremely poor taste considering what happened last week. Some people are so utterly thoughtless. Not a particularly funny or witty chant at the best of times let alone at a friendly testimonial which was also partly used as a tribute to Bradley Lowery.

Just had a look at their forums and looks like they have a lot of roasters in their support.

Spent 2 years working with them, I'm scarred for life. I hate preconceived conceptions about groups of people but they went over and above my worst expectations. On their own there were a few decent lads but in the group they were complete plums.

hhibs
10-07-2017, 07:37 PM

No need for your crap !

andybev1
10-07-2017, 09:49 PM

Isn;t that rule Britania rather than GSTQ.

prefer the sex pistols version.

Itsnoteasy
10-07-2017, 09:56 PM

I wore a Panathanaikos top when we played AEK Athens in Greece O Ya F***er. I would never do that again, they were wanting to gouge ma eyes oot.

Speedy
10-07-2017, 10:00 PM
I would be amazed if the crowd control measures were the same as a hertz or old firm game.

I think he's talking about Albion Road being shut after the game like we do for cat a games. (Assuming that's what the segregation announcement was mid match)