PDA

View Full Version : Lewie's lap of honour

Northernhibee
09-07-2017, 02:58 PM
Proper 'moment' that. So well deserved.

Dj00
09-07-2017, 03:07 PM

Nice moment and been a great servant but I just can't hold a tribute for any player who was involved in the 2012 cup game.

Onceinawhile
09-07-2017, 03:07 PM
Nice moment and been a great servant but I just can't hold a tribute for any player who was involved in the 2012 cup game.

Hahahahahahahaha aye ok.

HoboHarry
09-07-2017, 03:08 PM

Shoosh FFS.

lord bunberry
09-07-2017, 03:08 PM

Don't then.

Northernhibee
09-07-2017, 03:10 PM

The most blatant ltyf I've seen!

MWHIBBIES
09-07-2017, 03:10 PM
****ing hell

Time For Heroes
09-07-2017, 03:11 PM
nice moment and been a great servant but i just can't hold a tribute for any player who was involved in the 2012 cup game.

ltyf

R'Albin
09-07-2017, 03:11 PM

:faf: :faf:

Jag7
09-07-2017, 03:13 PM

Jambo if ever there was one !! 😂😂

California-Hibs
09-07-2017, 03:14 PM

Haha roaster. 2016 completely erased that hurt for us, get over it! And repeat - Hibs are the last Edinburgh team to win the Scottish Cup 😎

stoneyburn hibs
09-07-2017, 03:15 PM

Go away.

Northernhibee
09-07-2017, 03:16 PM

He also played in the 2007 league cup final (which your team haven't won in decades despite your financial doping) and the 2016 cup final you could have stopped when two goals to the good with ten to go.

Behave yourself.

Jim44

:lolyam:

cabbageandribs1875
i vote we keep this one, he/it brings humour

Liam89
09-07-2017, 03:17 PM

Still hurting from being 2-0 up and ****ing it up? :na na:

California-Hibs
09-07-2017, 03:18 PM
He also played in the 2007 league cup final (which your team haven't won in decades despite your financial doping) and the 2016 cup final you could have stopped when two goals to the good with ten to go.

Behave yourself.

Savage! Like your style 👍

lord bunberry
09-07-2017, 03:19 PM

Behave yourself.

Or when they were winning against 9 men in a semifinal at Easter Road with a couple of mins to go and still ****ed it up.

Pete
09-07-2017, 03:19 PM

Come back when you pay for it all.

Scouse Hibee
09-07-2017, 03:20 PM

Arrh are you all snug in your comfort blanket.

California-Hibs
09-07-2017, 03:21 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/JW000oOWycdnW/giphy.gif

tamig
09-07-2017, 03:28 PM

What a plank.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
09-07-2017, 03:35 PM

Strong stench here.....

Just remember that Lewy's successes are fully on merit. No corrupt, tainted, cheated nonsense like that odious crowd....

snooky
09-07-2017, 03:36 PM

https://youtu.be/-sypHqa2OMY

Pretty Boy
09-07-2017, 03:37 PM

Congratulations.

This has officially become the worst post I have ever read on hibs.net.

RoYO!
09-07-2017, 03:42 PM

I imagine Dj00 being like the grey haired guy at the back- just can't take the sight of it all and has to turn away. With a wee 'yep' under his breath.

That must have hurt. Love it!

Fair and square!

Kato
09-07-2017, 03:43 PM

Good attempt but you came over as way too mean spirited. Sniff.

Kevvy1875
09-07-2017, 03:51 PM

Is that it?....the best you can do? Creepy and weird. Go and make a donation to the Mcrae Battalion trust and maybe you will be able to look at yourself in the mirror with some restored dignity in the morning and won't be so bitter.

Greencore
09-07-2017, 03:53 PM

Get to f***

H18 SFR
09-07-2017, 03:55 PM

Ha ha ha, hilarious. Best post I've read on here in ages. What an absolute corker!

09-07-2017, 04:00 PM

Awck grow up ya ****ing clown.

Viva_Palmeiras
09-07-2017, 04:06 PM

One of the 5575 for "Medals" more your scene?

Just Alf
09-07-2017, 04:08 PM
They really were broken last year, we so define their existence its unreal!

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

TRC
09-07-2017, 04:09 PM
At least we know the charities that are named will actually get the monies promised to them unlike our wee pink chums down the road!!

madhatter
09-07-2017, 04:13 PM
Not the best left back we've had, hardly the worse. Probably couldn't meet a more hardworking, honest professional in the game these days. Not met him personally but can guess he's a great bloke.

One thing is for sure, Lewis deserved his moment of adulation and we, as fans, deserve a longstanding hero at the club. Money and greed among other things have meant most players can't stay at a club more than 2-3 years at most.

Well done to Lewis, Hibs Legend :not worth

Ozyhibby
09-07-2017, 04:15 PM
Ignoring the yam fud, lewy's lap of honour had the potential to be a bit ***** but it actually was a very nice tribute.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Northernhibee
09-07-2017, 04:17 PM
Funnily enough some Jambo causing trouble there at the bus station, being aggressive with passengers, saying he guesses Hibs lost then briefly stopping people getting on the bus.

They're a weird, weird lot.

SChibs
09-07-2017, 04:20 PM
Paul hanlon next, he made his debut vs ICT in 2007

Pretty Boy
09-07-2017, 04:22 PM
Funnily enough some Jambo causing trouble there at the bus station, being aggressive with passengers, saying he guesses Hibs lost then briefly stopping people getting on the bus.

They're a weird, weird lot.

They come from a city in which there is a choice of 2 football teams and they chose Hearts. Weird doesn't cover it.

Back to the original point. Well deserved ovation for LS, and you can see the regard the manager, coaches and players hold him in.

Malthibby
09-07-2017, 04:22 PM

Can we keep this one? We could feed it and get it to talk about the Famous, who it was they killed a while back, their 20,000 seat stand & who their
real rivals are now.
GG

xyz23jc
09-07-2017, 04:28 PM

THIS X10! KWALITY AMIGO! :top marks

Is It On....
09-07-2017, 04:30 PM
Favourite LS moment is the interview after the game at Greyskull when he scored and we won 2-0. He still had mud / grass on his face.

California-Hibs
09-07-2017, 04:30 PM

Someone lost out in the bathtub auction...

Is It On....
09-07-2017, 04:32 PM
Someone lost out in the bathtub auction...

Maybe they could only afford a "high quality plastic" women's toilet sign?

CraigHibee
09-07-2017, 04:38 PM

Who left the gate open at the roaster farm?

green day
09-07-2017, 04:44 PM

I see you are still online - presumably surfing this thread one handed while tugging into your mum/sisters (interchangeable I know) jobby coloured cardigan fantasising about Rudi touching you?

Alternatively you and your mates are having a circle jerk in your maroon/jobby (again, interchangeable) coloured bedroom over Sam Nicholson.

NORTHERNHIBBY
09-07-2017, 04:49 PM

You stick with Kyle Lavatory then pal. No doubt he will be with your lot longer than wee Lewis has been with us.

Paisley Hibby
09-07-2017, 04:54 PM

Obsessed as an extremely obsessed thing. There's a whole world out there but you'd rather spend Sundays in your ****pit trolling. So sad.

Kato
09-07-2017, 05:02 PM
Has anyone noticed a drastic increase in the moderated posts on The Scotsman's forums related to Hibs stories? There's roasters and there's utter roasters but the roasters on there are the ultimate.

hfc rd
09-07-2017, 05:03 PM

✋🏾-☝🏾✋🏾-☝🏾✋🏾-☝🏾✋🏾-☝🏾 5-1 5-1 5-1 5-1.... HAHAHA! Keep saying it as it means nothing! 21/5/16 destroyed you lot and the best part is that youse played a part in that! Thank you Robbie Neilson! 2-0 up with 10 mins to go 😂😂👍🏾👍🏾

poolman
09-07-2017, 05:03 PM

You are an erse

The Falcon
09-07-2017, 05:07 PM

Wait till they've finshed with Oldhun then they'll get to you lot. Bumped the poppy fund you were that desperate. Not even the huns stooped that low.

Bostonhibby
09-07-2017, 05:21 PM
Has anyone noticed a drastic increase in the moderated posts on The Scotsman's forums related to Hibs stories? There's roasters and there's utter roasters but the roasters on there are the ultimate.That's always been their domain.

It's so the authorities know where they are, keeps all societies misfits and inadequates in the same place, showing off to like minded simpletons.

They used to meet up once a week to see who can piss the highest but it had to stop when Rolands ma asked what the smell in his hair was.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Mibbes Aye
09-07-2017, 06:25 PM

Know where you're coming from.

Playing poorly in 2012 was bad but is slightly outshaded by playing for a team that stole Poppy Fund money to buy success.

Lewis isn't that kind of guy.

Hibs aren't that kind of team.

McD
09-07-2017, 06:51 PM
A few things stuck me as LS was on his lap of honour.

Firstly, he looks genuinely touched and humbled by the acclaim he was receiving.
Secondly, when he picked up the scarf and kissed it, then held it up with one hand before putting it on his shoulders. It seemed a natural thing, not something forced or planned. A man at one with the club.
Lastly, it was great to see his teammates come back out and stand applauding him as well as the fans. It's clear from the comments made by his former and current teammates and managers, and how they were with him today, just how much LS means to each of them and the respect they have for him. To see several of them make their way to him as he was getting subbed, and the ref clapping him off as well, well deserved sir! :thumbsup:

SuperAllyMcleod
09-07-2017, 06:53 PM

I'm really struggling to see what you wanted/expected to happen after this post?

Presumably you thought it would divide the fans and start a long discussion/argument about the hurt we are all still feeling after 2012?

You have totally failed to grasp that there is no hurt remaining - tarnished loss that stopped being relevant (hurtful) after Sir David's 92nd minute winner.

Still, good to know that all you Jambos are still hurting after Feb 2016 - that must have been murder, watching us advance through the rounds before finally ripping up your entire songbook. [emoji471][emoji3]

BSEJVT
09-07-2017, 06:55 PM

What an out and you roaster your are, enjoy your stay, I suspect it wont be a long one.

HibbyAndy
09-07-2017, 07:07 PM

What a complete and utter bellend you are :agree:

Your cup win in 2012 was tainted we all know that, Financial doping at it's best. 2016 is a hard one for you guys to swallow as you 'hibsed it ' with 10 to go.

And you still haven't won the League cup in nearly 50 years.

Away to **** ya hearts **** !!

Northernhibee
09-07-2017, 07:30 PM

Firstly, he looks genuinely touched and humbled by the acclaim he was receiving.
Secondly, when he picked up the scarf and kissed it, then held it up with one hand before putting it on his shoulders. It seemed a natural thing, not something forced or planned. A man at one with the club.
Lastly, it was great to see his teammates come back out and stand applauding him as well as the fans. It's clear from the comments made by his former and current teammates and managers, and how they were with him today, just how much LS means to each of them and the respect they have for him. To see several of them make their way to him as he was getting subbed, and the ref clapping him off as well, well deserved sir! :thumbsup:

I don't think he expected the ovation he received. Brought a lump to my throat and a tear to my eye.

I'm not ashamed to say that Lewis Stevenson is my all time favourite Hibee and today after FT cemented that.

BSEJVT
09-07-2017, 07:46 PM
I don't think he expected the ovation he received. Brought a lump to my throat and a tear to my eye.

Have to agree with this part.

He looked pretty stunned and embarrassed / overwhelmed by it all.

Lewis wouldn't be my favourite Hibs player of all time, and I don't mean that to be in any way a derogatory remark, but you cant help but respect his service to the club and his achievements at it.

An absolutely model pro, who gets the most of out his physique and talent and I would hazard a guess that his shyness and reticence have also been quite difficult for him to overcome on the journey.

There must have been some very difficult times for him when he was out of the team and being barracked by a section of the support but he fought his way through it all and now has the achievement of being the only holder of both cup medals in our history.

Many congratulations Lewis

jacomo
09-07-2017, 07:48 PM
Congratulations Lewis.

Glad ER gave you suitable recognition today.

How can you not love the guy?

HibbyAndy
09-07-2017, 07:57 PM
He's in a league of his own.

High-On-Hibs
09-07-2017, 08:05 PM
Only Hibs player in history to lift both cups and after playing in both finals. (Named MOTM in the 2007 final). It doesn't happen by accident. Man will go down in Hibs hall of fame and deservedly so. The nae sayers who have always said he isn't good enough for Hibs haven't a clue what they're slavering about.

Marco G
09-07-2017, 08:38 PM

Lastly, it was great to see his teammates come back out and stand applauding him as well as the fans. It's clear from the comments made by his former and current teammates and managers, and how they were with him today, just how much LS means to each of them and the respect they have for him. To see several of them make their way to him as he was getting subbed, and the ref clapping him off as well, well deserved sir! [emoji106]
Great summary of a day when the fans and his teammates gave him the praise he deserves.

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

OsloHibs
09-07-2017, 09:29 PM
Well deserved Lewis

mjhibby
10-07-2017, 08:24 AM
I imagine Dj00 being like the grey haired guy at the back- just can't take the sight of it all and has to turn away. With a wee 'yep' under his breath.

That must have hurt. Love it!

Fair and square!

I don't think it's us winning the cup that's the problem it's the fact that because it was such a massive news story all around the sporting world that 2012 has faded and sdgs header has become legendary and will be mentioned a trillion times. Only a tiny few admit to been embarrassed by Romanov and the financial doping. But that's what they are like. 0-7 still hurts the most I'd say.

Bostonhibby
10-07-2017, 09:30 AM
I don't think it's us winning the cup that's the problem it's the fact that because it was such a massive news story all around the sporting world that 2012 has faded and sdgs header has become legendary and will be mentioned a trillion times. Only a tiny few admit to been embarrassed by Romanov and the financial doping. But that's what they are like. 0-7 still hurts the most I'd say.

:aok: Not really a surprise that a lap of honour by a guy about whom there is nothing but good should draw an envious and spiteful swipe from the dishonoured part of the toon, lets face it you can't really applaud anyone parading round celebrating anything connected to a failure to hand over cash to 3 separate charities all of which you claim to have one of your many (slightly peculiar) special relationships with, can you?

Better to look for distractions from reality per the Romanov years, Special people who see honour in dishonourable deeds. The smell ain't going to go away anytime soon.

KWJ
10-07-2017, 10:07 AM
I've had favourite players in the past who get you excited anytime they touch the ball and who you will to succeed. I've had favourite players whose arrogance, cheekiness and casual attitude carried by ability can take you from the pits of despair one minute to unbridled joy the next. And then there's Lewis. Mr. 7 or 8 out of 10. Mr. Reliable. Mr. Hibs. Over 12 years the appreciation for the unheralded role he plays has grown and grown. He's the one you feel best for when he lifted that Scottish Cup. The heart swelled as he took that long walk around the 4 stands yesterday. A true Hibernian legend - Our 21st Century Quiet Man.

:hibees

lucky
10-07-2017, 10:09 AM
I've had favourite players in the past who get you excited anytime they touch the ball and who you will to succeed. I've had favourite players whose arrogance, cheekiness and casual attitude carried by ability can take you from the pits of despair one minute to unbridled joy the next. And then there's Lewis. Mr. 7 or 8 out of 10. Mr. Reliable. Mr. Hibs. Over 12 years the appreciation for the unheralded role he plays has grown and grown. He's the one you feel best for when he lifted that Scottish Cup. The heart swelled as he took that long walk around the 4 stands yesterday. A true Hibernian legend - Our 21st Century Quiet Man.

Top post, well said

Seveno
10-07-2017, 12:01 PM

It was all very touching and more so when his team mates formed that guard of honour. Paul Hanlon aside, it will be a long time before we see another player that has given so much to the Club.

matty_f
10-07-2017, 12:09 PM

That sums up exactly what I think, couldn't have put it better myself.

Bostonhibby
10-07-2017, 12:11 PM

:hibeesHear hear, excellent post.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk