alihibs1
09-07-2017, 12:40 PM
Anybody know where he is?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

gjb1875
09-07-2017, 02:51 PM

Son asked me that the other day said he had heard he hadn't reported back from holiday or wherever anyone shed any light on this

Callum_62
09-07-2017, 02:52 PM
doubt hes gone AWOL - think hes very thankful to Lennon

MyJo
09-07-2017, 02:57 PM
Probably you given some extra time off as his season didn't officially end until 3 weeks after the rest of the squad because he was still a Celtic player

HoboHarry
09-07-2017, 03:07 PM
Knowing this site, he will have joined up with boko haram by the end of the day. FACT.

:)

Onceinawhile
09-07-2017, 03:09 PM
Heard he's being announced by boko haram at 5pm tomorrow.

Lago
09-07-2017, 03:09 PM
Knowing this site, he will have joined up with boko haram by the end of the day. FACT.

It will take over from the Like Berry conspiracy theories.

CallumLaidlaw
09-07-2017, 03:46 PM
I read somewhere the other day that he'd gone home for a family emergency. No idea how much truth was in it tho.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lucky
09-07-2017, 03:46 PM
It just seems strange there's been no mention of him from Lennon

snooky
09-07-2017, 03:51 PM

Jings. Help ma Boab. Jimmy's got a hoose full of women????

H18 SFR
09-07-2017, 03:58 PM
My colleague went home to Nigeria for a family wedding, didn't return for about 10 weeks lol.

He will be back when he's ready like any good Nigerian!

ian cruise
09-07-2017, 08:39 PM

To be honest that makes me worry less. Think if it was something we weren't a willing participant in then the club would have spoken out. If it is family related them club should keep it private, if it. Was already agreed he could have a slightly extended break then no reason to make a statement either.

Viva_Palmeiras
09-07-2017, 10:02 PM
Did he not long have a kid? Probably spending time with family back home for a once in a lifetime event - the family will be keen to see the new addition.
Unfortunately vP Jnr has yet to visit the rellies and about to turn 5 :(

NOLA
09-07-2017, 11:48 PM

As long as the fee is only £150k then it's a no brainier [emoji106]

Viva_Palmeiras
10-07-2017, 06:32 AM

According to another thread NL has said he's taken a "longer than expected break".

hibsbollah
10-07-2017, 06:40 AM

Helping Brian Kerr out with some jobs round his gaff.

Callum_62
10-07-2017, 07:01 AM
According to another thread NL has said he's taken a "longer than expected break".

Wheres the quote coming from?

Id be surprised - Efe seems like a really respectful guy, and pretty close to Lennon

Edit- found it, Lennon doesn't seem overly concerned

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/1262551/neil-lennon-hibs-efe-ambrose-training/amp/

green day
10-07-2017, 07:09 AM
Wheres the quote coming from?

Id be surprised - Efe seems like a really respectful guy, and pretty close to Lennon

Quote from NL in the Sun on the PM board.

Bobo
10-07-2017, 09:16 AM
It's reported here as well

http://www.deadlinenews.co.uk/2017/07/10/hibs-boss-expects-efe-ambrose-return-training-leith-side-bid-close-deals-steven-whittaker-anthony-stokes/

Looks like Efe does what he wants :rolleyes:

Borderhibbie76
10-07-2017, 12:47 PM
It's reported here as well

http://www.deadlinenews.co.uk/2017/07/10/hibs-boss-expects-efe-ambrose-return-training-leith-side-bid-close-deals-steven-whittaker-anthony-stokes/

Looks like Efe does what he wants :rolleyes:Hopefully Stokes is the one he is hopeful.of getting done this week?? Be good to get our main striker in sooner rather than later I think

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Hibee Mac
10-07-2017, 02:44 PM
This is very weird, if it was a family emergency then they'd say that.

So basically the whole advantage of getting him in early is down the pan as he hasn't even begun training yet??

hibbysam
10-07-2017, 02:48 PM
Heard a few weeks ago that on the first day back, Efe wasn't there. NL wasn't the least bit impressed at the time. Not sure how much truth was in that but certainly sounds like it may have had some legs now.

DickieDastardly
10-07-2017, 10:19 PM
Fear not Russell Latapy used to do the same but always turned in great performances upon his belated return (Brockville sticks in my mind) .

Callum_62
11-07-2017, 10:02 AM
Has he returned yet?

Pretty Boy
11-07-2017, 10:06 AM
I'm confused by the whole Ambrose situation.

Is he awol? Lennon saying the break is 'longer than I expected' suggests that at least part of it wasn't sanctioned. NL doesn't seem concerned so assuming that's not the case. Having worked with West Africans fairly regularly for a couple of years a while back I do know their attitude to timekeeping and attendance can be a bit different from ours. Maybe this is par for the course with him and NL knows that.

KWJ
11-07-2017, 10:07 AM
Fear not Russell Latapy used to do the same but always turned in great performances upon his belated return (Brockville sticks in my mind) .

Mind that. Late back from T&T having been on the pish - gets put on the bench as punishment. We're getting beat, bring on Latas and he wins us the game.

Something like that anyway. Hakim Sar Temsoury might have played that game too.

17 years ago but the memories live on - http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/913603.stm

LichtieHibby
11-07-2017, 11:08 AM
17 years ago but the memories live on - http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/913603.stm

My word!

"... took the Premier League table-toppers all the way at Brockville."

Forza Fred
11-07-2017, 11:14 AM
I'm confused by the whole Ambrose situation.

Is he awol? Lennon saying the break is 'longer than I expected' suggests that at least part of it wasn't sanctioned. NL doesn't seem concerned so assuming that's not the case. Having worked with West Africans fairly regularly for a couple of years a while back I do know their attitude to timekeeping and attendance can be a bit different from ours. Maybe this is par for the course with him and NL knows that.

A couple of guys I know went over to South Africa for the World Cup when it was on a few years back.

The buses that were supposed to pick them up were invariably late...sometimes by hours.

'Africa Time' it was commonly referred to as....meaning that irrespective of what time a meeting was arranged for, it NEVER started on time, and the locals were nonplussed about turning up late.

Mind you, although he spent most of his time in France I seem to remember Sol Bamba did a similar thing when Yogi was in charge.

Sincerely hope Efe isn't going to be a problem.

blaikie
11-07-2017, 11:21 AM
A couple of guys I know went over to South Africa for the World Cup when it was on a few years back.

The buses that were supposed to pick them up were invariably late...sometimes by hours.

'Africa Time' it was commonly referred to as....meaning that irrespective of what time a meeting was arranged for, it NEVER started on time, and the locals were nonplussed about turning up late.

Mind you, although he spent most of his time in France I seem to remember Sol Bamba did a similar thing when Yogi was in charge.

Sincerely hope Efe isn't going to be a problem.

Benji went awol as well under Yogi I'm sure!

Keith_M
11-07-2017, 11:24 AM

I can't see Efe singing 'A Whiter Shade Of Pale'.

1van Sprou7e
11-07-2017, 11:38 AM
My word!

"... took the Premier League table-toppers all the way at Brockville."

To be fair it was at the start of September, probably only played a few games

Even in 2012 under Fenlon we were somehow top of the table for a few days in November/December! Ended up 7th that season :rolleyes:

ian cruise
11-07-2017, 12:01 PM
Living in a different continent from family and friends can be very difficult and sometimes it's only when you see them again it hits home. A lot of the time he'll have been back it will have been with the national team so not really much time to connect with the family. I find it well within the realms of possibility that he's called the club and asked for a couple of weeks grace before heading home and the club granted this on the condition he keeps to a work out regime while away.

When we were leaving the New Zealand after visiting sister who lived and worked there she decided to quit her managers job at the local coffee shop, her reason was that they coped so well without her it proved she wasn't needed. She then phone me immediately panic in about what she'd done! Luckily for her the boss was very understanding and called her back to point out she might just be feeling a bit emotional after seeing family for the first time in three years and if she wanted to reconsider there would be no issues. Distance from family is difficult but the club will appreciate that. Let's not jump to the negative straight away.

Craig_HFC
11-07-2017, 12:11 PM
Lennon has already stated that it isn't an issue and that he isn't concerned so there is absolutely zero reason why the support should be looking for an issue.

FilipinoHibs
11-07-2017, 12:16 PM
I've heard he'll be back tommorrow.

lord bunberry
11-07-2017, 12:17 PM
Is it at 5pm? :greengrin

BegbieHSC
11-07-2017, 01:00 PM
5pm at East Mains! Watch this space!

inglisavhibs
11-07-2017, 07:35 PM
Lennon has already stated that it isn't an issue and that he isn't concerned so there is absolutely zero reason why the support should be looking for an issue.
I'm more worried about Paul Hanlon. It would be like getting a new player if he was ready soon.

Joe6-2
11-07-2017, 08:04 PM

Is that the same tomorrow Whittaker is signing? 😂😂😂

Heisenberg
11-07-2017, 09:35 PM
https://t.co/4NZ2edRVZl?amp=1

Thought it was all ok and agreed with the club though? Efe is absolutely at it here. Taking massive liberties with the club that showed him some faith and support.

Sir David Gray
11-07-2017, 09:37 PM
Lennon's been quoted tonight that Ambrose is AWOL and he can't get in contact with him at all.

He sounded furious.

IanM

Thought it was all ok and agreed with the club though? Efe is absolutely at it here. Taking massive liberties with the club that showed him some faith and support.

Very unprofessional. Good player or not that's taking the piss. Hope he gets hammered

Borderhibbie76

Worrying news...wonder what happens with this now?? Really not on he has missed all our pre-season matches now

S4uzee
11-07-2017, 09:39 PM
Worrying news...wonder what happens with this now?? Really not on he has missed all our pre-season matches now

Up for sale and make some cash ..... we have Porteous coming through

RamYer1902
11-07-2017, 09:39 PM
Rip the contract up infront of him.

Borderhibbie76
11-07-2017, 09:41 PM
Up for sale and make some cash ..... we have Porteous coming throughPossibly mate Lennon may indeed show him the door - he doesn't suffer fools gladly as we've witnessed before ...

Heisenberg
11-07-2017, 09:41 PM
Hope he gets hammered

That's probably what he's doing just now to be fair :greengrin

Seriously though, he should be getting a massive fine at a minimum. Porteous has come in and done very well, don't see why Efe should come back in and get ahead of him straight away.

Golden Bear
11-07-2017, 09:42 PM
Were all the issues with his work permit sopted out? Was his signing not subject to everything being resolved?

Andy74

I think I'd prefer we manage the situation and retain the international class player we've only just signed and who strolled pretty much ch every game he played for us last season.

S4uzee
Possibly mate Lennon may indeed show him the door - he doesn't suffer fools gladly as we've witnessed before ...

Exactly and not a chance he'd have done the same if Rodgers and Celtic asked him to return

Nicho87
11-07-2017, 09:43 PM
Musta had a flight back to Edinburgh with Ryanair

thebausburst
11-07-2017, 09:45 PM
This is really poor from Efe, total disrespect towards manager and club/fans, takes the shine off his signing and he has a lot of making up to do!!:grr:

Heisenberg
11-07-2017, 09:45 PM
Were all the issues with his work permit sopted out? Was his signing not subject to everything being resolved?

I think it took so long to announce as we were waiting on all the relevant paperwork to be signed off and confirmed. I'm sure it was all fine and sorted.

B.H.F.C
11-07-2017, 09:46 PM
Not good. Didn't think it sounded right even before what Lennon has said now.

Keyser Sauzee
11-07-2017, 09:49 PM

Do u seriously think some1 is going to offer cash for a player they could have got for free a month ago, no chance.

Serious disrespect being shown here but I trust Lennon to sort it all out.

Heisenberg
11-07-2017, 09:51 PM
He's obviously chanced it on the basis that he has a strong relationship with Lennon. Think he's in for a tough welcome home whenever he makes it to EM.

MWHIBBIES
11-07-2017, 09:52 PM
This is the last ****ing thing we need.

B.H.F.C
11-07-2017, 09:55 PM
He's obviously chanced it on the basis that he has a strong relationship with Lennon. Think he's in for a tough welcome home whenever he makes it to EM.

I can't see the likes of Marv, Gray, McGregor and Fontaine missing him when he comes back. We've got a strong dressing room that actually care about playing for Hibs. I don't think they'll let someone come in and take the p*** out of them.

Callum_62
11-07-2017, 09:56 PM
Are we heading from 3 signings to 2

[emoji33]🤦*♂️[emoji33]

SkintHibby
11-07-2017, 09:57 PM
Hope Hibs sack him.:agree:

beensaidbefore
11-07-2017, 09:59 PM
Rip the contract up infront of him.

If we hadn't just got rid of Forster i bet he'd be bloody tempted.

Great way to endear yourself to the fans and show commitment to the cause!

beensaidbefore
11-07-2017, 10:00 PM

So he bloody should. Massive disrespect.

green day
11-07-2017, 10:03 PM
What a radge! Lennon will deal with it and I'm sure come August all will be well.

hibeemikey21
11-07-2017, 10:03 PM

Indeed. Unless there's a VERY good excuse, you've got to treat him like you would if he was a youngster. Can't have a hierarchy of rules. I doubt that's Lennon's style anyway.

The_Horde
11-07-2017, 10:04 PM
Where's this interview?

beensaidbefore

If we had another option, id be up for it. Doesnt feel like he is that botheredn

green day
where's this interview?

ssn

blaikie
Strong manager in Lennon, he'll sort this!

macca70
Defo sackable behaviour, no one should get away with that, don't care who they are.

To completely ignore the clubs attempts to contact him too, that's taking the piss out of the club and the fans.

SON OF PADDY
11-07-2017, 10:05 PM
Great player, but no one is bigger than the club !
We gave him a platform to perform on, But he's let us down badly.
He can ****ing somersault right oot the door.😠

cabbageandribs1875
11-07-2017, 10:05 PM
oh Efe, what have you done

supermcginn
11-07-2017, 10:06 PM
Sack him, nobody's bigger than the club.

mentalhibee
11-07-2017, 10:07 PM
some pre season this!

SlickShoes
11-07-2017, 10:08 PM
He could be deid, let's wait and see what's happening before we sack him.

cabbageandribs1875
11-07-2017, 10:08 PM

who knows, that might be exactly what he's wanting

Sir David Gray
11-07-2017, 10:12 PM
I would hold off on the calls to sack him for now at least until we know the full story.

However I agree it doesn't look good. It's concerning that no-one at Hibs has been able to contact him at all. If he's deliberately trying to avoid speaking to the club and he has no valid reason for his absence then I certainly think that's grounds for gross misconduct and he should be dismissed.

If I did that at my work then my feet wouldn't touch the floor. It's still speculation at the moment though. Hopefully it's just a misunderstanding and Ambrose will hear about Lennon's comments and get in touch soon.

lucky
11-07-2017, 10:14 PM
Cancelling his contract will finish him in U.K. football as he's unlikely to get a visa at another club. Whilst it's totally unacceptable that he's gone AWOL let's here his explanation first. But sadly I just can't see a way back for him at Hibs. Let's see if Lennon is as hard on him as he was with Fyvie.

This again reflects badly on Lennon. Seems he's not the man manager a lot of us thought he was. Whittaker still not signed, Berry walked away, Fyvie contract withdrawn, McGeough supposedly told to leave, Lafferty standing him up and Ambrose going AWOL.

Billychaotic182
11-07-2017, 10:14 PM

Get a grip.

Jim44
11-07-2017, 10:15 PM
who knows, that might be exactly what he's wanting

:agree: Working his ticket. Who knows, he's maybe found another club wanting him and he's trying to wangle his way out of ER. Either way, he's a bit of a tosser.

beensaidbefore
11-07-2017, 10:16 PM
He could be deid, let's wait and see what's happening before we sack him.

If hes not, i hope he'll wish he was!

SkintHibby
11-07-2017, 10:17 PM
Somebody said he's maybe joined Boko Harem. :hmmm:

macca70
11-07-2017, 10:18 PM
He's obviously been given extended leave but seems to be pushing the boundaries to the extreme, especially if he is deliberately ignoring calls from the club.

high bee
Do we definitely know the guy is ok? If something has happened it may not have filtered its way through yet.

Sir David Gray
Cancelling his contract will finish him in U.K. football as he's unlikely to get a visa at another club. Whilst it's totally unacceptable that he's gone AWOL let's here his explanation first. But sadly I just can't see a way back for him at Hibs. Let's see if Lennon is as hard on him as he was with Fyvie.

This again reflects badly on Lennon. Seems he's not the man manager a lot of us thought he was. Whittaker still not signed, Berry walked away, Fyvie contract withdrawn, McGeough supposedly told to leave, Lafferty standing him up and Ambrose going AWOL.

How do you know that it's Lennon's lack of man management that's to blame for Whittaker still not signing and Berry not signing? Lafferty is a clown so I wouldn't read too much into that and by all accounts he stood up his agent as well as he was waiting for him at East Mains so it wasn't just Lennon who he let down.

Borderhibbie76
11-07-2017, 10:20 PM
Do we definitely know the guy is ok? If something has happened it may not have filtered its way through yet.That crossed my mind too tbh

Captain Trips
11-07-2017, 10:23 PM
Whatever it is it just bloody typical of the pish that happens to us.

lucky
How do you know that it's Lennon's lack of man management that's to blame for Whittaker still not signing and Berry not signing? Lafferty is a clown so I wouldn't read too much into that and by all accounts he stood up his agent as well as he was waiting for him at East Mains so it wasn't just Lennon who he let down.

Your correct I don't know what management skills he has or whether he's at fault but I'm making comment on a fans forum and the fact that there are 5 stories around players that Lennon wanted or is managing. But if Lafferty is such a clown why did Lennon want him?

Northernhibee
Do we definitely know the guy is ok? If something has happened it may not have filtered its way through yet.
:agree: Think it reflects best on everyone if we wait for the full facts to emerge.

Heisenberg
11-07-2017, 10:25 PM

Don't see how Lennon can be blamed for any of that:

Whittaker not signing yet (according to Kenny Millar it's being held up by a contract technicality).

Berry didn't happen but we don't know why, maybe he asked for too much? How can Lennon affect that?

Fyvie, by the sounds of it, shot himself in the foot and came back with his tail between his legs but it was already too late.

McGeough thing is a totally unfounded rumour posted by one person on here.

Lafferty clearly wanted to sign for Hearts. He knows their assistant manager and was in talks with them all week. Lennon can't change how Lafferty thinks or acts if his mind is made up.

Ambrose....well he's gone AWOL. Lennon can't do a thing to affect that either. He's tried to get in contact and had no answer.

Jamesie
11-07-2017, 10:25 PM

My first reaction too - but if he is OK, he needs to be emptied I am afraid. We have been lucky in the last few years to avoid poor behaviours in the dressing room and the last thing we need is for that to be reintroduced and by a senior pro no less. It's a reason why Pennant's history makes me slightly nervous of him as well.

H18 SFR
11-07-2017, 10:26 PM
:agree: Think it reflects best on everyone if we wait for the full facts to emerge.

Would you not say that was tonight given it was Lennon who shared the info?

monteddie
11-07-2017, 10:27 PM
Benji went awol as well under Yogi I'm sure!

A guy who works for me headed home to Guinea in May for 1 month, guess what he has still not returned.
I might ask NL to dish out the discipline if and when he returns.

Northernhibee
11-07-2017, 10:28 PM
Would you not say that was tonight given it was Lennon who shared the info?

If Lennon doesn't know the full facts then we don't know the facts either.

Let it play out and see what happens. As someone says, if he's okay then punish him. We don't know that he is.

ian cruise
11-07-2017, 10:28 PM
Now the club has confirmed it was without consent I think we can comment on how poorly behaved he has been however I wouldn't sack him. Fine, proper dressing down and make him aware that's his one chance used up, next it's goodbye.

People were desperate to hear from Neil but it's all been bad news since we have. I think I preferred being ignorant to the facts.

SkintHibby
11-07-2017, 10:31 PM
What a shambles.:agree:

SteveHFC
11-07-2017, 10:32 PM

This.

J-C
11-07-2017, 10:32 PM
I wonder if he's had second thoughts on signing for Hibs and is doing this to get sacked, I don't know why he'd do this but it's just a thought.

Lets hope it's nothing serious and he's safe and well but I wouldn't like to be in his shoes when/if he gets back.

MWHIBBIES
11-07-2017, 10:34 PM

This again reflects badly on Lennon. Seems he's not the man manager a lot of us thought he was. Whittaker still not signed, Berry walked away, Fyvie contract withdrawn, McGeough supposedly told to leave, Lafferty standing him up and Ambrose going AWOL.? Must've missed that, can someone fill me in?

There also is a way back for Ambrose, a public apology and playing well has sorted out much worse than this.

lucky
11-07-2017, 10:35 PM
Don't see how Lennon can be blamed for any of that:

Whittaker not signing yet (according to Kenny Millar it's being held up by a contract technicality).

Berry didn't happen but we don't know why, maybe he asked for too much? How can Lennon affect that?

Fyvie, by the sounds of it, shot himself in the foot and came back with his tail between his legs but it was already too late.

McGeough thing is a totally unfounded rumour posted by one person on here.

Lafferty clearly wanted to sign for Hearts. He knows their assistant manager and was in talks with them all week. Lennon can't change how Lafferty thinks or acts if his mind is made up.

Ambrose....well he's gone AWOL. Lennon can't do a thing to affect that either. He's tried to get in contact and had no answer.

All valid points, In any business a manger is regarded on how his staff performs and how he manages them. Just now I don't think any of this reflects well on Lennon.

greenlex
11-07-2017, 10:39 PM
All valid points, In any business a manger is regarded on how his staff performs and how he manages them. Just now I don't think any of this reflects well on Lennon.

Only Efe is staff

Hibee Mac
11-07-2017, 10:47 PM
Efe as a player would be a real asset to our team.

However I can't help but feel that Lennon can't even hope to command the dressing room unless he is severely punished for this.

Last thing we want is a bad egg in the squad.

Sir David Gray
11-07-2017, 10:57 PM
Your correct I don't know what management skills he has or whether he's at fault but I'm making comment on a fans forum and the fact that there are 5 stories around players that Lennon wanted or is managing. But if Lafferty is such a clown why did Lennon want him?

You said it reflects badly on Lennon and that it appears that he's not the man manager that a lot of us thought he was before rhyming off the numerous examples of why you thought was the case. All I'm saying is the Whittaker and Berry cases in particular may have absolutely nothing at all to do with Lennon and it's complete conjecture to suggest otherwise.

As for Lafferty being a clown, that's my opinion on him as a person, which goes a long way to explaining why he did what he did in standing Lennon up and failing to show for talks at East Mains, which is the issue we were discussing in your original post. I wasn't discussing his abilities as a football player. Lennon obviously felt he could add something to the team which is why he tried to sign him. That doesn't mean that he's not a clown.

givescotlandfreedom
11-07-2017, 11:01 PM
I'd like to know the facts first bit if he's at it and messing the club around I don't doubt that Lennon will hammer him.

NOLA
11-07-2017, 11:38 PM
Does efe not have social media [emoji85][emoji87][emoji86]

18Hibee75
11-07-2017, 11:58 PM
http://trib.al/8N7LWuP

Neil Lennon seems raging with Ambrose in this! IMO if Lennon is right then he should seriously consider his future. Can't just disappear during a pre-season campaign. However, having said that I, like many others do not know full story and anything could've happened. Let's hope he apologises and its all forgotten about come start of season.

Sent from my F3211 using Tapatalk

leither17
12-07-2017, 12:22 AM
Seen Lennon interviewed on sky after the goals were on and I wouldn't say he was laughing about it but he seemed pretty relaxed

Mibbes Aye
12-07-2017, 01:04 AM
? Must've missed that, can someone fill me in?

There also is a way back for Ambrose, a public apology and playing well has sorted out much worse than this.

:agree:

Would like to think that there's a lot being made of nothing much here - close season need for speculation to fill our time, the messier the better!

Hopefully Efe comes back, doesn't need to say much if it's been for family reasons.

He was on great form at the end of the season, strolling it regularly. Joy to watch.

monktonharp
12-07-2017, 01:05 AM
http://trib.al/8N7LWuP

Neil Lennon seems raging with Ambrose in this! IMO if Lennon is right then he should seriously consider his future. Can't just disappear during a pre-season campaign. However, having said that I, like many others do not know full story and anything could've happened. Let's hope he apologises and its all forgotten about come start of season.

Sent from my F3211 using TapatalkI've not looked at the previous thread about him but if he's went walkabout, that is a worry. must be a reason, or at least an explanation for this surely? still a bit worrying.

monktonharp
12-07-2017, 01:26 AM
:agree:

Would like to think that there's a lot being made of nothing much here - close season need for speculation to fill our time, the messier the better!

Hopefully Efe comes back, doesn't need to say much if it's been for family reasons.

He was on great form at the end of the season, strolling it regularly. Joy to watch.he has signed a contract though? so in that case, he would be debarred from signing for another club immedietly, if he suddenly changed course. is that not so?

CRAZYHIBBY
12-07-2017, 01:49 AM
I hope efe's okay and returns soon..... if he doesn't want to be here then fine let him go

Mibbes Aye
12-07-2017, 01:56 AM
he has signed a contract though? so in that case, he would be debarred from signing for another club immedietly, if he suddenly changed course. is that not so?

Has he signed?

Would agree with you if he has, a contract is a contract, the question is whether he's put pen to paper.

Regardless, I'm hopeful it's a fuss over nothing. Efe enjoyed his football with us and he improves the squad. Unless we play three at the back he asks questions of Hanlon and McGregor because he's probably getting picked ahead of them. Definite if we are playing two CHs.

Sneaking suspicion we will go three,which gives Fonts and Porteous game time as cover and allows us to play Hanlon-Ambrose-McGregor as a back three

Also makes sense re Whittaker - he can play or cover LWB, RWB or in the back three, though given his experience and his technique I'd love to see him in a central midfield role for us. TBH I always fancied him as a striding-out centre-back, sort of Beckenbauer role or the marauding Ajax central defenders from the nineties.

SirDavidsNapper
12-07-2017, 04:16 AM
He's holding off coming back until Whittaker signs

Bishop Hibee
12-07-2017, 04:37 AM
The Scotsman reporting Ambrose faces disciplinary action. Lennon quoted as saying "he is in a bit of trouble with the manager now". Not ideal

CmoantheHibs
12-07-2017, 04:58 AM
Everything will be fine. Doesnt appear there was a firm date set.Did similar not happen with Sol Bamba when he was away on international duty and seems to be a more common occurence with African players? I think he will come back, apologise, be dealt with internally by the club and be the butt of jokes from his teammates for a wee while.He will be told he must ensure he stays in contact when away from the club and NL will make sure it is clear when he needs to return in future. Soon enough he will be playing a starring role for us and it will all be forgotten about by most people.

eastcoasthibby
12-07-2017, 05:02 AM
As per usual we dont know.the.story about Ambrose yet, so.lets make it up and while we are at it start and slaughter the manager as well ! So much negativity and.people dying.to have a go, its been a constant.trait.right through this close season. Ambrose hung , drawn and quartered already, I am not.saying..that if he has taken an unauthorised extended summer.break.then lets get it in context and the club, I have.no doubt will deal with it accordingly..he.wont get away with it if he is taking the piddle.!!
I cant wait for.the.season to start and.hopefully stop all the.bored posters from constantly tearing.into anything and that they can that may be negative about. Only fault this summer in my view is, we seem to have really.struggled to get the key targets for up front !!!

GreenLake
12-07-2017, 05:03 AM
Maybe he has some problems over there. When he comes back, be understanding, forgive him and get him fit to play.

SRHibs
12-07-2017, 05:07 AM
Maybe he has some problems over there. When he comes back, be understanding, forgive him and get him fit to play.

If he's mugging us off he can bolt. It's likely Lennon is doing him a favour so he can stay in the UK and this is how he returns it?

Forza Fred
12-07-2017, 05:20 AM
Everything will be fine. Doesnt appear there was a firm date set.Did similar not happen with Sol Bamba when he was away on international duty and seems to be a more common occurence with African players? I think he will come back, apologise, be dealt with internally by the club and be the butt of jokes from his teammates for a wee while.He will be told he must ensure he stays in contact when away from the club and NL will make sure it is clear when he needs to return in future. Soon enough he will be playing a starring role for us and it will all be forgotten about by most people.

Yep, Sol Bamba went walkabout for a week in Yogi's reign.

African Time as it is referred to, is a cultural phenomenon that sees some African people being a lot more flexible with appointments/deadlines than the efficiency driven west.

It even has its own wiki page!

Hopefully Efe will be back soon,apologise, offer some reason about family issues' and get back to doing what we all want him to do.

If it goes much longer though, it may not be as simple as that.

Jim44
12-07-2017, 06:59 AM
I think we have every right to be very concerned at this recent development. Some are making excuses that he must have good reasons for his unexplained absence. Do they not have phones in Nigeria? ........ considering all the scam emails we get from Nigerian princes, banks and busenessmen, I reckon they do.

superfurryhibby
12-07-2017, 07:01 AM
We already have a four page Ambrose thread.......

Callum_62
12-07-2017, 07:01 AM
Our company rents a broadband connection in Abuja - 12,000usd per quarter

Scamming must pay!

bingo70
12-07-2017, 07:18 AM

If he has some problems over there he should pick up the phone and tell his manager.

Agree with the general sentiment though, sacking him is way over the top. Fine him a reasonable amount and give him a horrible fitness routine to catch up would be my preference.

Jim44
12-07-2017, 07:18 AM
Pampers pull-ups at the ready but not fully pulled up yet. Seriously, 'tho, it's getting very near the time when we could do with a bit of positivity on the remainder of our window activity.

Big_Franck
12-07-2017, 07:29 AM
Becoming a bit of a joke now. We should not pay him for the time he has been away and also fine him. Obviously thinks he can do what he wants.

Ken
12-07-2017, 07:39 AM
The last thing we want to do is sack him

The Leith Dutch
12-07-2017, 07:41 AM
Becoming a bit of a joke now. We should not pay him for the time he has been away and also fine him. Obviously thinks he can do what he wants.

TBF - we should find out what's gone on before we decide on the punishment.

I also see Lennon is talking about not loaning out Porteous:
http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/hibs-boss-neil-lennon-could-shelve-ryan-porteous-loan-plans-1-4500068

Hoping that's a reflection on his performances pre-season rather than concerns about Ambrose.

Either way I think he's shown enough that if we do loan him it should be at Championship level and not league 2.

blackpoolhibs
12-07-2017, 07:42 AM
Sack him :faf: FFS he's missed a week or so of pre season training, and none of us know the reason why?

Someone called it a shambles, why is it a shambles because one player has gone awol?

We have a team that is being formed, its not a shambles because we cant play 1 player, we have a couple of players suspended for the 1st league game, is that a shambles?

We are dealing with people here, and nobody is the same.

Listen to him when he returns, find out the details and then deal with it then.

KWJ
12-07-2017, 07:44 AM
Shh BH this isnae the thread for calm heads and sensible posts.

Colr
12-07-2017, 07:49 AM
Yep, Sol Bamba went walkabout for a week in Yogi's reign.

African Time as it is referred to, is a cultural phenomenon that sees some African people being a lot more flexible with appointments/deadlines than the efficiency driven west.

It even has its own wiki page!

Hopefully Efe will be back soon,apologise, offer some reason about family issues' and get back to doing what we all want him to do.

If it goes much longer though, it may not be as simple as that.

Thanks for the reference. I know understand that Efe is simply being polychronic!!

Salt N Sauzee
12-07-2017, 07:53 AM
Sack him :faf: FFS he's missed a week or so of pre season training, and none of us know the reason why?

Someone called it a shambles, why is it a shambles because one player has gone awol?

We have a team that is being formed, its not a shambles because we cant play 1 player, we have a couple of players suspended for the 1st league game, is that a shambles?

We are dealing with people here, and nobody is the same.

Listen to him when he returns, find out the details and then deal with it then.

Far too sensible a post for this thread.

Some absolutely mental shouts on here sometimes.

Spike Mandela
12-07-2017, 07:56 AM
Maybe Efe is having 'buyer's remorse' about signing the contract? :confused: Who knows, whatever it is the boy's at it and needs his arse kicked. Not professional.

blackpoolhibs
12-07-2017, 07:58 AM
Maybe Efe is having 'buyer's remorse' about signing the contract? :confused: Who knows, whatever it is the boy's at it and needs his arse kicked. Not professional.

How do you know he's at it, why is it that he's not returned? :confused:

ALF TUPPER
12-07-2017, 08:26 AM
Hope Efe is okay. 🤔

CropleyWasGod
12-07-2017, 08:31 AM
Hope Efe is okay. 🤔

That should be the Number 1 concern of everyone, club and supporters alike. :agree:

SlickShoes
12-07-2017, 08:38 AM
That should be the Number 1 concern of everyone, club and supporters alike. :agree:

It should be but this summer has seen this forum probably at it's worst since I joined out with that cup final and relegation. It should be a happy time at hibs but it seems like people are queuing up to have a pop in every thread that appears. Using words like "embarrasment" to describe what's going on at the club just now is so far wide of the mark, but does suit some of the posters on here now.

H18 SFR
12-07-2017, 08:41 AM
Just got one of those phishing emails from Nigeria. I've told him that if they can find Efe we will have a Hibs.net whip-round for them.

BegbieHSC
12-07-2017, 08:45 AM
Calling for him to be sacked is well over the top !!!

If he arrives back this week, get an explanation! If the explanation is *****, get his arse kicked and fined a couple of weeks wages, as well put on a brutal training programme to catch up with the rest of the team, and draw a line in the sand.

Sure, it's annoying, but I think some on here are suffering from serious fitba withdrawal, and are lashing out :cb:cb. Sack him, c'mon??

Craig_HFC
12-07-2017, 08:52 AM
Jesus Christ there aren't half some people on this thread who need to relax & take things less seriously.

This is turning into yet another 'hibs.net fact'.

Onceinawhile
12-07-2017, 08:59 AM
Jesus Christ there aren't half some people on this thread who need to relax & take things less seriously.

Neil Lennon confirming it surely makes it a fact No?

Craig_HFC
12-07-2017, 09:03 AM
Neil Lennon confirming it surely makes it a fact No?

I was more meaning the posts that said Efe was 'at it'. We don't know the full story and, as Neil Lennon said, neither does he.

Jag7
12-07-2017, 09:06 AM

So what if half a dozen other players did the same ... would you still be so chilled .. it's a disgrace that he hasn't contacted his employer, it's an insult to Lennon and if this was another type of company he would be sacked . Using the excuse of Africa time is pathetic, it has all to do with the nature of the person.

Lendo
12-07-2017, 09:06 AM
Let's get #FindEfe trending

eastmainsmsh
12-07-2017, 09:16 AM
He was in the porty bar earlier 🤚

Craig_HFC
12-07-2017, 09:17 AM
So what if half a dozen other players did the same ... would you still be so chilled .. it's a disgrace that he hasn't contacted his employer, it's an insult to Lennon and if this was another type of company he would be sacked . Using the excuse of Africa time is pathetic, it has all to do with the nature of the person.

They haven't though, have they? So that is a totally pointless thing to say.

We don’t know why he hasn’t contacted the Club; there may be a genuine reason why he hasn’t been able to. There is no point in assuming all of these things before we actually know the facts. That is the point I'm trying to make. That'd be like sentencing someone to prison before the trial has started.

I’ve also got no idea what you’re on about with ‘Africa time’…

CropleyWasGod
12-07-2017, 09:27 AM

If this was another type of company, the first concern of a responsible employer would be the welfare of its employee. And I would expect Hibs to have the same attitude.

On a side-note, what is the "nature of the person"?

Geo_1875
12-07-2017, 09:39 AM

You need to get a grip before you stab yourself in the eye with your crayon.

ian cruise
12-07-2017, 09:52 AM

Sure I saw him earlier on the number 26 with a Greggss bag in hand if that helps?

#FindEfe

Colr
12-07-2017, 10:27 AM

Like a real time Where's Wally?

CropleyWasGod
12-07-2017, 10:31 AM
Like a real time Where's Wally?

Shouldn't be too difficult on this site :greengrin

Saturday Boy
12-07-2017, 10:33 AM
Shouldn't be too difficult on this site :greengrin

Where are the fish and barrel smileys when you need them 😉

WhileTheChief..
12-07-2017, 10:39 AM
Hope Efe is okay. 🤔

Exactly this.

Still, it's much easier just to shout for his head and be damned with him and the club.

We're doomed I tell you. May as well hand back my ST. Relegation beckons.

Iain G
12-07-2017, 10:49 AM
Sure I saw him earlier on the number 26 with a Greggss bag in hand if that helps?

#FindEfe

He has changed his name to Efie and is appearing in the upcoming remake of Take the High Road :agree:

MB62
12-07-2017, 11:00 AM
Apparently he is due back in to Edinburgh tomorrow at 5.00pm :duck:

pacoluna
12-07-2017, 11:01 AM
I seem to recall him getting a ticking of from lennon when at celtic for turning up late for training and missing the team bus for a champs league match.

high bee
12-07-2017, 11:32 AM
All the players will be hoping they get him for Secret Santa this year.

H18 SFR
12-07-2017, 11:57 AM
I hope Lennon absolutely destroys him at East Mains.

CropleyWasGod
12-07-2017, 12:00 PM

And here's me thinking that sacking him, without establishing the facts first, was bad enough................

Famous Fiver
12-07-2017, 12:01 PM
Wonder if Nl will be as ruthless with Ambrose as he, if reports on here are to be believed, has been with Fyvie?

SunshineOnLeith
12-07-2017, 01:27 PM
Our season starts next week, no way he can start as first choice. Assuming Hanlon is still out, McGregor and Fontaine should start with Porteous covering. Fortunately it's an area we're not short in.

Billychaotic182
12-07-2017, 02:44 PM
People who want to sack Efe can get to ****

hibbysam
12-07-2017, 02:47 PM
Our season starts next week, no way he can start as first choice. Assuming Hanlon is still out, McGregor and Fontaine should start with Porteous covering. Fortunately it's an area we're not short in.

Daz is suspended.

Viva_Palmeiras
12-07-2017, 02:55 PM
And here's me thinking that sacking him, without establishing the facts first, was bad enough................

Some of the hair-trigger reactions are astounding.

Brightside
12-07-2017, 02:56 PM
Some of the hair-trigger reactions are astounding.

Always from the same chumps tbh.

hibbie02
12-07-2017, 02:58 PM
Wonder if Nl will be as ruthless with Ambrose as he, if reports on here are to be believed, has been with Fyvie?

I doubt it. There is nothing worse than Ginge on Ginge!

Jim44
12-07-2017, 03:04 PM

Punishment should be of biblical proportions ........ stoning is too good for him. :cb

SunshineOnLeith
12-07-2017, 03:05 PM
Daz is suspended.

Just for the League Cup game? Chuck Porteous in for that then, good type of game to give him experience in.

StevieT
12-07-2017, 03:06 PM
Just for the League Cup game? Chuck Porteous in for that then, good type of game to give him experience in.

I thinks Darren and SDG are both suspended for the first league game

hibbysam
12-07-2017, 03:08 PM

Suspended for Partick Thistle game, along with SDG. Hanlon and Efe haven't trained. Daz is suspended, Fontaine and Porteous would be our only fit Centre Halves.

Since90+2
12-07-2017, 03:16 PM
With suspensions (both of which could easily have been avoided rather annoyingly), injuries and Efe awol we could end up with Porteous and Fontaine at the back on the first game of the season. Not exactly ideal to start the season with.

Does anyone actually have any idea whats happening with Hanlon?

Fife-Hibee
12-07-2017, 03:23 PM

Who's chuck porteous ?

Sean1875
12-07-2017, 03:29 PM
Who's chuck porteous ?

:tee hee: :aok:

Keith_M
12-07-2017, 03:35 PM
How's the game of Where's Efe going so far?

CropleyWasGod
12-07-2017, 03:46 PM

He's in an Abujah crack-house, crashed out with playmates of indeterminate gender.

He chose that over pre-season training just outside Tranent. Seems fair :duck:

And he hasn't been in touch with Hibs, because Cummings choried his phone charger when he went to Nottingham.

:cb

Spike Mandela
12-07-2017, 03:56 PM
Apparently he is due back in to Edinburgh tomorrow at 5.00pm :duck:
Paul Gascoine will meet him at the airport with chicken and fishing rods.:fishin:🍺⚽️

Sir David Gray
12-07-2017, 05:10 PM

He's not at my work in Stirling.

Mibbes Aye
12-07-2017, 05:30 PM
He's not at my work in Stirling.

I'm in Inverness, in a hotel on the banks of the Ness.

No sign of Efe up here so far. It wasn't possible to get from the front carriage of the train to the further back carriages on the way up, so I'm reluctant to definitively rule out the chances he's here :agree:

Hi Heid Yin
12-07-2017, 05:31 PM
I really hope that there is a damn good reason for Efe remaining abroad.
Lennon appears to be biting his tongue at this stage - I guess in order to give Ambrose the benefit of the doubt.
Not being part of pre-season training or involved in the friendlies is the worst possible scenario for any footballer who wants to hit the ground running when the season kicks off.
Efe's continued absence, with all the ensuing questions around it, is threatening to underminine the 'feel-good' factor surrounding Easter Road and the first team squad.

Colr
12-07-2017, 05:32 PM
I'm in Inverness, in a hotel on the banks of the Ness.

No sign of Efe up here so far. It wasn't possible to get from the front carriage of the train to the further back carriages on the way up, so I'm reluctant to definitively rule out the chances he's here :agree:

He wasn't in Tesco.

Mibbes Aye
12-07-2017, 05:34 PM
He wasn't in Tesco.

Good post. We are narrowing it down, step-by-step.

Mibbes Aye
12-07-2017, 05:35 PM
He wasn't in Tesco.

Hold on, which Tesco?

Colr
12-07-2017, 05:37 PM
Hold on, which Tesco?

Colney Hatch. It's got a big African food section.

I thought he might be homesick and looking for comfort food!

barcahibs
12-07-2017, 05:39 PM

Good news is it finally solves the problem of what to do with one of the corners of the stadium. But should we build a gibbet, a guillotine or a wicker man?

Mibbes Aye
12-07-2017, 05:41 PM

Guess it depends on whether he has a Clubcard?

Up here the Co-op loyalty card probably offers the highest return, but Asda and Morrison's will claim they offer lower prices.

I don't know Efe personally but he strikes me as a prudent shopper and I think he would weigh all these things up.

alihibs1
12-07-2017, 05:43 PM
He wasn't in Tesco.
Not here in the South of Italy either.

Lang Toun Hibs
12-07-2017, 05:46 PM
Haven't seen him in Brittany for the past couple of weeks. Mind you, it is a pretty big place so would be easy for him to keep a low profile. I reckon it's possible he is here right now and laughing at me posting this...in fact it could be highly likely...just heard a twig snap in the bushes...

Lang Toun Hibs
12-07-2017, 05:47 PM
Not here in the South of Italy either.

Tesco have a store in the South of Italy?!

Jag7
12-07-2017, 05:49 PM
You need to get a grip before you stab yourself in the eye with your crayon.

Oh what a witty reply .. gives your age away

Lang Toun Hibs
12-07-2017, 05:50 PM

Up here the Co-op loyalty card probably offers the highest return, but Asda and Morrison's will claim they offer lower prices.

I don't know Efe personally but he strikes me as a prudent shopper and I think he would weigh all these things up.

Just don't think Asda get the quality/value balance right...imho of course. Wine is cheaper though...but not as cheap as here in France, hic!

Nameless
12-07-2017, 05:52 PM
I don't know Efe personally

You were the ONE person on this thread I trusted......now I don't know what to think [emoji53]

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

Mibbes Aye
12-07-2017, 05:57 PM
Just don't think Asda get the quality/value balance right...imho of course. Wine is cheaper though...but not as cheap as here in France, hic!

Fair comment but I'd like to hear Efe's take on things as well. He looks the kind of guy who can discern between the various supermarkets and the value of their differing promotions.

Just struck me that maybe the reason he isn't around is because he's busy with 'mystery shopper' work. I think we need to acknowledge the guy is straddling two horses admirably - professional footballer and champion of consumer rights in the grocery world. If I had a hat on, I'd take it off to him

Colr
12-07-2017, 06:02 PM

Someone better check there, then!

Mibbes Aye
12-07-2017, 06:09 PM
Someone better check there, then!

Agree with that, my fear is that this all feels a bit uncoordinated.

We are never going to find him unless we have a systemic and planned approach to checking out the supermarkets.

As said previously I don't know Efe personally but he looks like a guy who fancies himself as an amateur DIYer so it's probably worth checking out the B+Q stores too - there's always the off-chance he nipped in for some rawl plugs, got distracted and missed the start of pre-season :agree:

Lang Toun Hibs
12-07-2017, 06:26 PM

We are never going to find him unless we have a systemic and planned approach to checking out the supermarkets.

As said previously I don't know Efe personally but he looks like a guy who fancies himself as an amateur DIYer so it's probably worth checking out the B+Q stores too - there's always the off-chance he nipped in for some rawl plugs, got distracted and missed the start of pre-season :agree:

That would be daft...I've got loads, he could have borrowed mine if only he asked. Would be doing me a favour as I'm pish at DIY. The futility of it all...now I feel like it's all my fault. Sorry.

ManBearPig
12-07-2017, 06:31 PM
#prayforefe

Fuzzywuzzy
12-07-2017, 06:33 PM
#prayforefe

😂😂

hfc rd
12-07-2017, 06:34 PM
#prayforefe

😂😂😂😂

PatHead
12-07-2017, 06:35 PM
That would be daft...I've got loads, he could have borrowed mine if only he asked. Would be doing me a favour as I'm pish at DIY. The futility of it all...now I feel like it's all my fault. Sorry.

How can you borrow a rawlplug?

Fuzzywuzzy
12-07-2017, 06:35 PM

Pish, I would have figured him more for a homebrew type. Either in a garden shed or on brewery tours in the Alsace-Lorraine

Sir David Gray
12-07-2017, 07:01 PM
I'm just back from a holiday in Portugal, no sign of Efe in the Algarve.

matty_f
12-07-2017, 07:06 PM
I'm just back from a holiday in Portugal, no sign of Efe in the Algarve.

I drove home from Edinburgh to Dunfermline and never saw him. (came via Cramond, so can't rule out Newbridge area).

Mibbes Aye
12-07-2017, 07:07 PM
Pish, I would have figured him more for a homebrew type. Either in a garden shed or on brewery tours in the Alsace-Lorraine

Fair comment, he has that look about him. You could quite see him going the distance at a beer festival, probably cannily sticking to a session beer, maybe a low ABV IPA.

At the same time you wouldn't be surprised to see him in a hostelry that has a 6am licence. He's not a shift worker but he looks like he has the stamina to carry an evening session on into early morning.

i would guess that your Alsace-Lorraine comment may well be accurate. If he isn't there it's highly probable he is in the Ardennes. Of course if he knows he is being hunted he is going to be harder to find. He's not called Efe for nothing :agree:

hibsbollah
12-07-2017, 07:11 PM
He was outside Pearces' earlier, drinking one of those Swedish pear cider thingies with Richey from the Manics. I'm sure he'll be back shortly :aok:

Mibbes Aye
12-07-2017, 07:11 PM
I drove home from Edinburgh to Dunfermline and never saw him. (came via Cramond, so can't rule out Newbridge area).

The dragnet is starting to narrow.

Once again Newbridge offers a get-out though :grr:

HoboHarry
12-07-2017, 07:13 PM
I thoroughly searched my office and he isn't here and anyone who says he is is lying.

HoboHarry
12-07-2017, 07:15 PM
You can give back the part you cut off because the f*****g hole wasn't drilled deep enough.

Radium
12-07-2017, 07:15 PM
Got the tram into town today, no sign of Efe

stoneyburn hibs
12-07-2017, 07:21 PM
He's no in Whites Bar, Dundee.

ancient hibee
12-07-2017, 07:21 PM
Some of you people are not looking hard enough.I thought I saw him on TV lurking in the background of an interview with a strange woman in front of a ruined building on the edge of a ploughed field.The poor woman thinks she owns a sports club.Efe in his infinite kindness might have been their to reassure her.

Mibbes Aye
12-07-2017, 07:34 PM
Some of you people are not looking hard enough.I thought I saw him on TV lurking in the background of an interview with a strange woman in front of a ruined building on the edge of a ploughed field.The poor woman thinks she owns a sports club.Efe in his infinite kindness might have been their to reassure her.

I don't know him personally but I'm aware he s noted for his infinite kindness. Given that, his championing of consumer rights and making a career as a professional footballer, I'm a bit surprised and even indignant that he is facing any criticism for whatever it is he is facing criticism for :agree:.

Theinsider
12-07-2017, 07:35 PM
He is not in the South East of Spain.

Diclonius
12-07-2017, 07:36 PM
I hear Efe has postponed his pre-season training to embark on a worldwide search for inner enlightenment. Back on Friday for 5pm press conference.

kaimendhibs
12-07-2017, 07:42 PM
I think hes in Turkey. Guy on my facebook keeps boasting about drinking Efes lager[emoji34][emoji34]

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Jag7
12-07-2017, 07:59 PM
Could be Baku .. efe's lager is there

Pretty Boy
12-07-2017, 08:04 PM
First and foremost I hope everything is ok with Efe and his family.

That being the case he deserves the chance to explain his situation, take the ear bashing from the boss and move on. If it happens again then it gets dealt with more severely. I can't imagine NL leaving him in any doubt that will be the case.

I'm sure the Hibs support will rally round the big man and make sure he knows he is welcome and wanted here when he does come back.

Scorrie
12-07-2017, 08:09 PM
You can give back the part you cut off because the f*****g hole wasn't drilled deep enough.

😂😂 which is every ******g time I try to put up a shelf!

givescotlandfreedom
12-07-2017, 08:16 PM
I think hes in Turkey. Guy on my facebook keeps boasting about drinking Efes lager[emoji34][emoji34]

Ha ha ha

Fergos
12-07-2017, 08:23 PM
Panic over.

Just saw the Effster in a Rickshaw pulled by red rum with Lord Lucan in an 70s Stanton Hibs top - with sweatbands. Heading doon near saughton mains way laughin like a hyena wearing Armani.

GGTTH.

Sir David Gray
12-07-2017, 08:24 PM

That being the case he deserves the chance to explain his situation, take the ear bashing from the boss and move on. If it happens again then it gets dealt with more severely. I can't imagine NL leaving him in any doubt that will be the case.

I'm sure the Hibs support will rally round the big man and make sure he knows he is welcome and wanted here when he does come back.

If everything is ok and he's just taking the piss then going AWOL from your job then not getting in contact with your manager when he tries to speak to you is pretty bad form.

I'm not so sure that a second chance is deserved, if there's no valid excuse for his absence. I agree that he deserves the chance to tell his side of the story first but if he knew when he was due back at the club and chose to ignore that then it amounts to gross misconduct in my book.

Try going AWOL from your job, ignore repeated attempts from your employer to get in touch with you and then have no good excuse to give for your absence when you finally return and see what happens to you.

Pretty Boy
12-07-2017, 08:28 PM
If everything is ok and he's just taking the piss then going AWOL from your job then not getting in contact with your manager when he tries to speak to you is pretty bad form.

I'm not so sure that a second chance is deserved, if there's no valid excuse for his absence. I agree that he deserves the chance to tell his side of the story first but if he knew when he was due back at the club and chose to ignore that then it amounts to gross misconduct in my book.

Try going AWOL from your job, ignore repeated attempts from your employer to get in touch with you and then have no good excuse to give for your absence when you finally return and see what happens to you.

I agree to an extent.

However I'm not potentially worth a decent sum of cash to my employer, I'm not considerably better at my job than a majority of other people willing to work for the same salary and I don't have a level of skill that is traded for large amount of money.

It may be hypocritical but football discipline and disciplinary procedures in 'normal' jobs will rarely be comparable.

Mibbes Aye
12-07-2017, 08:33 PM
Panic over.

Just saw the Effster in a Rickshaw pulled by red rum with Lord Lucan in an 70s Stanton Hibs top - with sweatbands. Heading doon near saughton mains way laughin like a hyena wearing Armani.

GGTTH.
Nothing beats the sound of a laughing hyena wearing Armani,

Did he look like he was headed to Tesco? Guessing the Extra at Corstorphine would be nearest.

alihibs1
12-07-2017, 08:34 PM

Good post. We can't even start to think of punishments and treatment until we know where Efe is and why he hasn't returned.

Sir David Gray
12-07-2017, 08:35 PM
I agree to an extent.

However I'm not potentially worth a decent sum of cash to my employer, I'm not considerably better at my job than a majority of other people willing to work for the same salary and I don't have a level of skill that is traded for large amount of money.

It may be hypocritical but football discipline and disciplinary procedures in 'normal' jobs will rarely be comparable.

I get that, I do.

It just annoys me that players who are deemed to be assets at their club tend to get away with murder compared with the general Joe Bloggs. I think it's things like that which make modern footballers live in the parallel universe that they so often find themselves in and detached from reality.

Mick O'Rourke
12-07-2017, 08:39 PM
Good post. We can't even start to think of punishments and treatment until we know where Efe is and why he hasn't returned.

"Nigerians Abroad" section of Goal.com,being aware that he is awol,reports that Efe is still in his home town,having attended a funeral 2 weeks ago!

And i though Irish Wakes lasted forever!

Fergos
12-07-2017, 08:42 PM
Nothing beats the sound of a laughing hyena wearing Armani,

Did he look like he was headed to Tesco? Guessing the Extra at Corstorphine would be nearest.

Cant say for sure Mibbes - but I can confirm that The Effster had a lidl bag with what I think was 99p dish cloths in it. 15 pack.

Mibbes, I have to say my man that your posts on this subject have made me laugh, good work that man.

GGTTH

Sammy7nil
12-07-2017, 08:42 PM
I get that, I do.

It just annoys me that players who are deemed to be assets at their club tend to get away with murder compared with the general Joe Bloggs. I think it's things like that which make modern footballers live in the parallel universe that they so often find themselves in and detached from reality.

In almost any job it will depend on your value to your employer what do you bring to the table. Assests can get get away with a lot deadwood gets chopped away.

lyonhibs
12-07-2017, 08:45 PM

Whatever has happened, to return phone calls/texts is a bare minimum of respect for a player to show.

If he's not even doing that, then no understanding need be shown. He'll take the ear bashing and have to prove himself again on the park before any "rallying round" can be expected IMO.

BroxburnHibee
12-07-2017, 09:00 PM

I drove in from Broxburn via Newbridge earlier so cross them off your list.

Mind you he could have been hiding in Maccy D's bogs the sneaky ******!

Saturday Boy
12-07-2017, 09:19 PM

I just discovered that Home Bargains in Musselburgh is selling Nigerian lager; that's Star Lager, not some old joke. And by the way, Efe wasn't there

Scouse Hibee
12-07-2017, 09:32 PM
In the last 48 hours I have been in Tenerife, Glasgow, Edinburgh and Liverpool, not seen him in any of these places.

Saturday Boy
12-07-2017, 09:34 PM
In the last 48 hours I have been in Tenerife, Glasgow, Edinburgh and Liverpool, not seen him in any of these places.

You're not another black cabbie? They're on every thread 😉

Lang Toun Hibs
12-07-2017, 10:01 PM

Ok. Fair point. He could've had all of mine...I've had them for years and only ever used a couple. Just need to negotiate a deal I guess since I can't actually lend them to him. I'll be happy to announce the deal...free rawplugs for Nigerian international defender - but not until tomorrow at 5pm. I promise...honest....

Lang Toun Hibs
12-07-2017, 10:03 PM
He is not in the South East of Spain.

So what...do they have a Tesco there though?

ehf
12-07-2017, 10:48 PM
He was in front of me in the queue for a haircut at Goll's in Raeburn Place this afternoon. Had a Co-op carrier bag with cheese- dippers, beer-battered onion rings, a four pack of Leffe Blonde, a pack of Castella cigars and a copy of Knave in it; presumably had an enjoyable evening.

HibeeMackenzie
12-07-2017, 11:38 PM
Has anyone checked in Cuba? Maybe he's just getting stocked up on cigars for the new season

speedy_gonzales
13-07-2017, 12:41 AM
a copy of Knave.
You sir must have been the gentleman that maintained the porn library between the canal & railway line adjacent to Redhall Park,,,,it's the only time I've came across the informative periodical that was entitled "Knave"!

ManBearPig
13-07-2017, 12:53 AM
The action movie has been made

West lower
13-07-2017, 01:28 AM
You sir must have been the gentleman that maintained the porn library between the canal & railway line adjacent to Redhall Park,,,,it's the only time I've came across the informative periodical that was entitled "Knave"!

I am not sure I would be owning up to that . Did you put the mag back once you were done ?

ManBearPig
13-07-2017, 01:54 AM
I am not sure I would be owning up to that . Did you put the mag back once you were done ?

I remember that porn collection some of those made into red hall park back in he 90s!

speedy_gonzales
13-07-2017, 01:59 AM
That's the general idea of a library, borrow, read, replace,,,,
The internet has been a magnificent advancement in information availability but it has killed the urban jazz mag library!

Viva_Palmeiras
13-07-2017, 03:31 AM

Hopefully not literally

snooky
13-07-2017, 03:52 AM
Thought I'd spotted him in Madame Tussauds but it was just an Efegy.

Hibrandenburg
13-07-2017, 06:13 AM

Have you unpacked yet?

500miles
13-07-2017, 07:40 AM
This is a snapchat filter waiting to happen.

eastmainsmsh
13-07-2017, 07:44 AM
Seriously hope all is ok with efe and he can sort it out with neil Lennon as he will be good this season

Callum_62
13-07-2017, 07:45 AM
any actual info?

Is he back?

Has he made contact with the club?

MacGruber
13-07-2017, 07:49 AM
any actual info?

Is he back?

Has he made contact with the club?

This is a big worry now. More so that there has been no contact (seemingly) since Lennon went public. Saturday isn't pre-season. I'm starting to genuinely worry about him continuing at Hibs. I hope he does

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
13-07-2017, 07:57 AM
I just hope he is punished once he is back, and by that i mean that hd is down the pecking order - porteous, fontainr etc should be above him in tge pecking order.

California-Hibs
13-07-2017, 08:09 AM
I think people are seriously underestimating how important a player he is for us and how much of a coup it was landing someone with his CV and especially at his age with the money we pay.

Would be an absolutely terrible situation if this doesn't end in him still being a Hibs player. Replacements of his standard don't magically grow on trees with what we pay.

Really really hoping we hear something soon!

Just Jimmy
13-07-2017, 08:14 AM
I think people are seriously underestimating how important a player he is for us and how much of a coup it was landing someone with his CV and especially at his age with the money we pay.

Would be an absolutely terrible situation if this doesn't end in him still being a Hibs player. Replacements of his standard don't magically grow on trees with what we pay.

Hibs is bigger than any jumped up footballer.

If he's taken the piss then he can bolt.

He wouldn't have done it to Celtic. Show some respect.

guthrie01
13-07-2017, 08:15 AM

No doubt he is a quality player and I was delighted when he signed, but you can't ignore the fact he has done a runner without telling anyone and not responded even when publically called out. It sends the wrong message to the rest of the squad if he isn't punished severely. Hopefully we can work this mess out soon and continue like you said.

#comehomeefe

HUTCHYHIBBY
13-07-2017, 08:15 AM

Is that a food section for big Africans or a big section of African food?