PDA

View Full Version : True hibs fan? Don't miss today

keep the faith
09-07-2017, 08:46 AM
Longest servant for many a year. Double cup winner. Mr hibs and all round class act.
Put the chance to recognise Lewis alongside the chance to give to charity and join former (and maybe future!) players, and no true hibs fan should miss this day. Unless your out the country of course 😁
Mon the Lewis!!!

Betty Boop
09-07-2017, 08:49 AM
Longest servant for many a year. Double cup winner. Mr hibs and all round class act.
Put the chance to recognise Lewis alongside the chance to give to charity and join former (and maybe future!) players, and no true hibs fan should miss this day. Unless your out the country of course 😁
Mon the Lewis!!!

True Hibs fan eh? I've got to work on a Sunday, that all right with you ?

Jpdhfc
09-07-2017, 08:50 AM
Or working some have to even on sundays😡😡😡😡

My_Wife_Camille
09-07-2017, 08:52 AM
Are you a west stander?

iwasthere1972
09-07-2017, 08:53 AM
Is there any other kind of Hibs fan?

Steve20
09-07-2017, 08:54 AM
I'll be at the game but I've read more than once on here that 'you're not a true Hibs fan if you don't go". Absolute nonsense. Can people stop judging what others do with THEIR OWN time.

staunchhibby
09-07-2017, 08:57 AM
As a long standng hibs supporter i would loved to have gone today but had other commitments.As a side i am a good hibby and was even in Bronby.That shows my commitment.

lyonhibs
09-07-2017, 08:58 AM
Mon the Lewis!!!

What other sub categories of Hibs fan come after "true Hibs fan"

I'm intrigued....

Waxy
09-07-2017, 09:00 AM
You could have just left out the "true hibs fan" bit.

Sir David Gray
I keep seeing people getting defensive about these sort of posts. I'm sure the guy knows there's people who have very valid reasons for why they can"t be there today but if you're at a loose end today and can afford to go then you should be there if you're a fan.

As it happens I won't be there today as I'll be landing at Edinburgh airport pretty much when the game kicks off and I'm gutted about that but if you are able to go today then you should be there to support someone who is a true club legend and a genuinely top guy.

NORTHERNHIBBY
Is there any other kind of Hibs fan?

There's the kind that take days like today and try and turn them into a deviscive discussion. Guess we all agree we could well do without that kind. Today is about Lewis not attention seeking.

Spike Mandela
09-07-2017, 09:02 AM
ALL testimonials and preseason friendly games bore the pants off me. Stopped going to them a long time ago.

On this occasion I have paid for a ticket though.

You enjoy yourself though.:aok:

Lendo
09-07-2017, 09:07 AM
I'm predicting an eight pager on the definition of a "true fan"

keep the faith
09-07-2017, 09:25 AM
I didn't post this to debate true fan!! Just would seem strange that people could care about the club enough to spend loads of time on this site and choose not go today.
Obviously family, work and logistics come first. Of course they do. But if you can go then do try.
That's all. Peace.
KTF

Golden Bear
09-07-2017, 09:28 AM
I'm a true Hibs fan in the winter months but have other things to do in the summer.

Summer fitba oot.

:devil:

Captain Trips
09-07-2017, 09:32 AM
I wont be at game and care not a jot how that is defined.

All the best Lewis have a great one.

Thecat23
09-07-2017, 09:32 AM
Gutted to miss today's game, bought our tickets couple weeks ago but I'm now stuck in hospital. Good luck Lewis, you really do deserve this. 👏🏼🏆🏆

Brightside
09-07-2017, 09:34 AM
I'm on holiday. Otherwise I'd have been there.

Keith_M
09-07-2017, 09:34 AM
I'm 100% certain that the OP meant that a true Hibs Fan would go today, if at all possible (e.g. not working, etc)

I'm also 100% certain that those whingeing about his terminology already know that.

FWIW, I'm not in the country, so can't go, and I'm not in the least bit offended :rolleyes:

neil7908
09-07-2017, 09:36 AM
As a long standng hibs supporter i would loved to have gone today but had other commitments.As a side i am a good hibby and was even in Bronby.That shows my commitment.

No need to defend yourself! I get what the OP wants to do but it's always going to be a tough sell when using terms like "true" or "real" fan.

I'm bringing along two non Hibees - do I get points added or deducted for that?

neil7908
09-07-2017, 09:38 AM
I didn't post this to debate true fan!! Just would seem strange that people could care about the club enough to spend loads of time on this site and choose not go today.
Obviously family, work and logistics come first. Of course they do. But if you can go then do try.
That's all. Peace.
KTF

Fair play, appreciate the intent of your post and looking forward to finally seeing some football today!

Big90inOz
09-07-2017, 09:39 AM
Good grief there's some sensitive souls on this site.

keep the faith
09-07-2017, 09:39 AM
Gutted to miss today's game, bought our tickets couple weeks ago but I'm now stuck in hospital. Good luck Lewis, you really do deserve this. 👏🏼🏆🏆

Sorry to hear that mate. Hope your ok.

keep the faith
09-07-2017, 09:41 AM
I'm 100% certain that the OP meant that a true Hibs Fan would go today, if at all possible (e.g. not working, etc)

I'm also 100% certain that those whingeing about his terminology already know that.

FWIW, I'm not in the country, so can't go, and I'm not in the least bit offended :rolleyes:

Thank you. I didn't mean to offend in any way. Some of the reactions are way off.

Tinribs
09-07-2017, 09:42 AM

I feel for you mate, I have spent most of this year in and out of hospital.

Keith_M
09-07-2017, 09:43 AM
Thank you. I didn't mean to offend in any way. Some of the reactions are way off.

No problem bud, hope you have a great time and please give Lewy a cheer from me.

:aok:

SRHibs
09-07-2017, 09:53 AM
No need to defend yourself! I get what the OP wants to do but it's always going to be a tough sell when using terms like "true" or "real" fan.

I'm bringing along two non Hibees - do I get points added or deducted for that?

You're a true fan. OP is a part timer compared to you, unless of course he's bringing along 3 non-Hibs fans.

iwasthere1972
09-07-2017, 09:58 AM

Didn't offend me either. :aok:

Captain Trips
09-07-2017, 10:06 AM

Why use the terminology though? it is suggesting if you were able to go today and choose not to then what? Suppose thats for OP to answer.

hibby6270
09-07-2017, 10:10 AM
I'll be there but Mrs H6270 won't. She was rushed into hospital on Friday with osteomyelitis.

So, by Hibs.net definition, that makes me a 'true Hibs fan' and her a 'not so true Hibs fan' as opposed to a 'false Hibs fan' because she has at least paid for a ticket. I'll keep her updated by text.:greengrin

Who says sarcasm is the lowest form of of wit? Only West standers eh? :wink:

All the best to Lewis.:not worth

keep the faith
09-07-2017, 10:21 AM
Why use the terminology though? it is suggesting if you were able to go today and choose not to then what? Suppose thats for OP to answer.

I would find it hard to understand why hibs fans would choose not to go today subject to the all important work and family stuff I mentioned earlier. That's all. And I stand by that personal view.

Captain Trips
09-07-2017, 10:25 AM
I would find it hard to understand why hibs fans would choose not to go today subject to the all important work and family stuff I mentioned earlier. That's all. And I stand by that personal view.

Thats fine I guess its not my argument as I don't care why anyone needs to understand anything regarding games that I certainly go to or not go to.

I do see though that some probably do care what others think. I respect and understand fully your view though.

Ronniekirk
09-07-2017, 10:29 AM

You no get Holidays 😎

Big_Franck
09-07-2017, 10:34 AM

Totally agree. If there's one Hibs player that deserves it it's Lewis.

Pretty Boy
09-07-2017, 10:42 AM
It's really not a good time for a testimonial and that will impact the crowd.

It's a Sunday and it's mid month which is when a lot of people start to have to tighten the purse strings (a family of 4 could have to shell out £60 plus travel, snacks etc). It's in July when a lot of people are either on holiday, feeling the pinch because they have been on holiday or are doing the last of their saving in preparation for going. A lot of people also make plans a long time in advance for doing things at the weekend in the summer and that may impact as well. We also have 2 competitive games soon which is another outlay of between £26 and £30 for an adult, some may have chosen to prioritise that.

There seems to be a prevailing mood amongst some that they have the right to tell other people what to do and how to spend their money and if they don't conform they are fair game to be called 'not true fans'. I'm going today because I'm fortunate that I have the diposable income and time to go. Had it been a choice between £20 more spending money for a family day out or not going to the LC games then I wouldn't be going. Life isn't all black and white for some people and some would do well to remember that.

Big_Franck
09-07-2017, 10:44 AM

It's a Sunday and it's mid month which is when a lot of people start to have to tighten the purse strings (a family of 4 could have to shell out £60 plus travel, snacks etc). It's in July when a lot of people are either on holiday, feeling the pinch because they have been on holiday or are doing the last of their saving in preparation for going. A lot of people also make plans a long time in advance for doing things at the weekend in the summer and that may impact as well. We also have 2 competitive games soon which is another outlay of between £26 and £30 for an adult, some may have chosen to prioritise that.

There seems to be a prevailing mood amongst some that they have the right to tell other people what to do and how to spend their money and if they don't conform they are fair game to be called 'not true fans'. I'm going today because I'm fortunate that I have the diposable income and time to go. Had it been a choice between £20 more spending money for a family day out or not going to the LC games then I wouldn't be going. Life isn't all black and white for some people and some would do well to remember that.

I don't think the OP was aimed at those that can't afford to go, and I think you know that. I'm sure it was aimed at the thousands that can go but can't be arsed.

Captain Trips
09-07-2017, 10:47 AM

Thats ok PB but I believe the OP is talking about fans who are not having any of the mitigating circumstances that are in your post. I believe it is people who have the money and time and have simply choosen not to go to match.

SRHibs
09-07-2017, 10:51 AM
Friendlies are boring. I'd much rather donate the money for a ticket and not go to be quite honest. Probably makes me a lesser fan but I'm not too fussed.

Pretty Boy
09-07-2017, 10:54 AM
I don't think the OP was aimed at those that can't afford to go, and I think you know that. I'm sure it was aimed at the thousands that can go but can't be arsed.

Thats ok PB but I believe the OP is talking about fans who are not having any of the mitigating circumstances that are in your post. I believe it is people who have the money and time and have simply choosen not to go to match.

Maybe they are choosing to do something else?

For 5 or 6 seasons I went to every Hibs game home and away. Last season I went to every home game and about 60% of away games, next season I'll go to most home games and 1 or 2 away games. Circumstances and priorities change for people and impact how they choose to spend their time. I don't think I've become less of a Hibs fan in that time and I don't think anyone who chooses to miss a testimonial, league game or whatever to do something else from time to time is less of a fan either.

A decent chunk of people missing today will be ST holders so I'm not sure how that fits, or otherwise, with being a true fan.

Captain Trips
09-07-2017, 11:00 AM
Maybe they are choosing to do something else?

For 5 or 6 seasons I went to every Hibs game home and away. Last season I went to every home game and about 60% of away games, next season I'll go to most home games and 1 or 2 away games. Circumstances and priorities change for people and impact how they choose to spend their time. I don't think I've become less of a Hibs fan in that time and I don't think anyone who chooses to miss a testimonial, league game or whatever to do something else from time to time is less of a fan either.

A decent chunk of people missing today will be ST holders so I'm not sure how that fits, or otherwise, with being a true fan.

I do agree with you PB.

Brightside
09-07-2017, 11:02 AM
I think if people are choosing not to go simply coz they can't be arsed then that's a pretty poor show.

Mikey09
09-07-2017, 11:44 AM
Wonder if the "Lets start a thread (again) suggesting Lewis isn't good enough" crew will be attending today?! :greengrin

lucky
09-07-2017, 11:45 AM
I hate pre season games but hate testimonial games more. But decided to go even though I'm hungover and it's pissing down. But I do believe that it's for a good cause and Lewis has shown great loyalty unlike the last recipient of a testimonial from Hibs.

stoneyburn hibs
09-07-2017, 12:08 PM
I'm giving self a pat on the back. All day at Trnsmt, then hot footing it to ER after a night in Glasgow. Must be an uber fan.

Viva_Palmeiras
09-07-2017, 12:13 PM
Unable to print at home for me... pod:/ ticket office 4 me :(

HH81
09-07-2017, 12:15 PM
Mon the Lewis!!!

I am in England. Workington actually Keswick at minute.

All the best to Lewis today hope he has an amazing day and lots of money is raised for all parties.

blackpoolhibs
09-07-2017, 12:21 PM
I think if people are choosing not to go simply coz they can't be arsed then that's a pretty poor show.

I had every intention of going, tickets were bought a couple of weeks ago. But i went out last night and got slaughtered, and woke up this morning with a banging hangover.

I cant be arsed going, i cant even drag myself off the sofa.

I'm also out the country too.:greengrin

Skol
09-07-2017, 12:25 PM
I am a season ticket holder for more than 20 years but I am not going today.

I do feel the need for a break from football and games this early in July just dont do it for me. I probably wont make the league cup games either.

Allant1981
09-07-2017, 12:26 PM

why? for some folk testimonials and pre season friendlies arent that important to them, doesnt mean they are any less of a fan

Betty Boop
09-07-2017, 12:37 PM
You no get Holidays 😎

Aye but no the day :na na:

FilipinoHibs
09-07-2017, 12:44 PM
All the people who have slagged off LS on here should go and ask for forgiveness and then we can may consider making them real fans again. We know who you are! The admins have roll of sinners.

Ozyhibby
09-07-2017, 12:53 PM
It's a very very poor crowd.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

snooky
09-07-2017, 01:24 PM
Edinburgh Trades - loads of folk away and I'm one of them.

StevieCowan
09-07-2017, 01:26 PM
It's a very very poor crowd.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's not.

7-Zip_Mike
09-07-2017, 01:27 PM
Crowd size ?

iwasthere1972
09-07-2017, 01:29 PM
Crowd size ?

Between 2 feet 3 inches and 6 feet 10 inches.

Pretty Boy
09-07-2017, 01:33 PM
Crowd size ?

Haed to judge the East as I'm in it but if it's even 75% full then I'd guess 7500-8000 or so.

HibbySpurs
09-07-2017, 01:34 PM
Would love to have been there but the other half is working so I'm looking after the 4yo....

Guess that means I'm not a true fan despite having a season ticket for myself and my two older children?

Billychaotic182
09-07-2017, 01:39 PM
Would have loved to have went but I am working. Holidays at my work are on a first come first served basis and once someone as that day you can only get if off with cover, and trying to get anyone to cover the weekends is a nightmare at my work. So sadly I have to miss it meaning I'm not a true fan. However the Mrs Hamster is named after Lewis so fingers crossed the über fans allow me to continue as a hibs fan but sadly means I'm not a true one. Bummer

IanM
09-07-2017, 01:41 PM
Would love to have been there but the other half is working so I'm looking after the 4yo....

Guess that means I'm not a true fan despite having a season ticket for myself and my two older children?

Too busy organizing bbq's to go you mean

7-Zip_Mike
09-07-2017, 01:56 PM
Crowd size ?

FilipinoHibs
09-07-2017, 01:57 PM
So we don't have that many true fans then!

Beefster
09-07-2017, 01:58 PM
I'm suffering 35 degree heat in Portugal, if it's any consolation. I saw a cloud a couple of hours ago but thankfully the rain stayed away.

Pete
09-07-2017, 02:02 PM
Lots of people obviously don't love Lewis Stevenson and don't love Hibs. Some poor excuses like being abroad or being in Hospital.

Probably closet Jambos.

Leith Green
09-07-2017, 02:09 PM
Would have went today but simply cant afford to go and take the kids. Season ticket bought , laddie has the new kit , and family holiday to pay for. I totally get the sentiment of the occasion, but i also get the reality of what i can afford 👍

green day
09-07-2017, 02:13 PM
So we don't have that many true fans then!

You said the same thing on the match thread. It was pish patter then as well

HibbySpurs
09-07-2017, 02:45 PM
Too busy organizing bbq's to go you mean

Hahaha.... Aye that an aw

Pretty Boy
09-07-2017, 02:47 PM
9309 crowd. Pretty decent imo.

StevieCowan
09-07-2017, 02:49 PM
TODAY'S ATTENDANCE | 9,309; Thanks for the fantastic support once again #LewysGotTwo

Excellent attendance IMO

Viva_Palmeiras
09-07-2017, 03:52 PM
Don't normally go for all this how long is your schlong type stuff but to put things into context

http://londonhearts.com/scores/games/199105131.html

Almost double the crowd Mr Hearts - medal McKay himself.

Pretty Boy
09-07-2017, 04:00 PM
Don't normally go for all this how long is your schlong type stuff but to put things into context

http://londonhearts.com/scores/games/199105131.html

Almost double the crowd Mr Hearts - medal McKay himself.

It was probably a bigger crowd than racist McKay and Potters testimonials combined.

GreenLake
09-07-2017, 05:19 PM
Friendlies are boring. I'd much rather donate the money for a ticket and not go to be quite honest. Probably makes me a lesser fan but I'm not too fussed.

Pretty much agree there in any sport I watch, but this game was the best friendly or testimonial game I have ever watched. I wish I could have been there.