PDA

View Full Version : Objectives for the upcoming season

Mikey_1875
09-07-2017, 08:33 AM
Just wondering where everyone thinks we should be aiming for next season? Or more importantly, what are Lennon and the board aiming for?

First season back should we just be looking to consolidate or would failing to make the top 6 be deemed a failure?

IMO the outcome of the first game against Partick might be a fair marker of what we can be expecting.

Keith_M
09-07-2017, 08:39 AM
Should be aiming * for a top four finish (Euro qualification), to get as far as possible in the cups ** and to beat Hearts every time we play them.

That would do me just fine.

* Aiming for something doesn't mean I expect us to get it

** Another trophy would be nice ;-)

DH1875
09-07-2017, 08:40 AM
Minimum top 6.

Said it before and I'll say it again. Never ever again should Hibernian FC finish in the bottom 6.

LancsHibs
09-07-2017, 08:44 AM
Simply the objective is to win as many games as possible!
For me top six is a must, anything less would be a big disappointment. I'm confident that NL will make good signing in the right positions and as yet I'm not conceding 2nd to the Dons or the The Rangers (who are clearly a shambles). I think we will be 2nd 3rd or 4th

Mikey
09-07-2017, 08:45 AM
Hasn't Lennon already said that second is the target?

nonshinyfinish
09-07-2017, 08:46 AM
Treble.

Spike Mandela
09-07-2017, 09:09 AM
Long cup runs and do well enough in the league with a style of play that doesn't have our newly won season ticket holders disappearing like snow off a dyke.

Speedway
09-07-2017, 09:10 AM
Lennon's mentality is that he's not interested in being a manager of mediocrity.

I think he has bigger ambitions for the club than the fans do.

LD said that these two trophies can only be the beginning. I get the impression that she's not interested in mediocrity either.

I got banned from this site for lashing out against what I saw as mediocrity being acceptable to us.

If Lennon says second, it's second, euro qualification and a cup please.

I invite anyone to explain to me why this is unachievable with our resources relative to the league we're in.

Captain Trips
09-07-2017, 09:16 AM
Lennon's mentality is that he's not interested in being a manager of mediocrity.

LD said that these two trophies can only be the beginning. I get the impression that she's not interested in mediocrity either.

I got banned from this site for lashing out against what I saw as mediocrity being acceptable to us.

I invite anyone to explain to me why this is unachievable with our resources relative to the league we're in.

Agreed, No way NL would be happy with 6th which is what some think is acceptable as thats top 6. Each to own but 6th isn't good enough. Once we have all our players in then we can look at stuff but I hope we bring in a few players to target 2nd.

ian cruise
09-07-2017, 09:37 AM
Target should be second with 3rd or 4th being acceptable finishes. Top 6 is bare minimum, anything less is a disappointment. We've maybe just come up but we have a top coach and players who would walk in to most other SPFL teams no bother. We're definitely spending more money than most on wages, etc so to finish below top 6 must be seen as a bad result.

Cup runs are always good but there's an element of luck in these one of games, as long as we give a good showing of ourselves then I'll take them as they come.

Main thing for me is good football, gave Hibs a bit of leeway due to the way the opposition was set out last season but we showed against Bronby and other we coil turn it on, more of that please

KSA Hibee
09-07-2017, 12:59 PM
Simple for me ... pump the yaks x 4 and a decent showing in the league :agree: ohhhhh .... make that 6 to include the usual SC x 2 pumping ... SC run wouldn't seem the same without their excuses and big team wee team sh!£ :gwa2::flag:

The Captain....
11-07-2017, 12:05 PM

Agreed..makes this window a bit perplexing tho as we don't seem to have the necessary squad depth to come close to achieving that..defensively we're sound but we're so light in midfield and really struggling for strikers. Doubtless we'll bring in players soon enough but by that time they'll not have had a pre season with the other players and will not have worked on teamshape etc with Lennon and the coaches. Fingers crosssed it all comes together but we're leaving ourselves a lot to do imo.

The_Exile
11-07-2017, 12:20 PM
Pump the Hearts x3 or x4 depending on where they are after the split, everything else is secondary :greengrin

Need to see us playing like we belong in that top 6, no excuses for rubbish results.

Since90+2
11-07-2017, 12:32 PM
Top 6 is the absolute minimum we should be aiming for , if we can make top 3 it would be a fantastic season.

If we are to challenge for top 3 we need another 2 forwards IMO.

If you look at the wage bills at Rangers and Aberdeen they should in theory be finishing above us and I would not be massively surprised if that was the case. Rangers look awful just now but I can see Pedro getting the boot in a few months time and they will probably bring in a steady Scottish/British manager who will improve them.

My head is telling me we will finish either 4th or 5th and that will be a decent enough season. The cups are an absolute lottery but if we can avoid drawing Celtic I dont see any reason why we can atleast make the semis as a minimum again.

blackpoolhibs
11-07-2017, 01:05 PM
Top 4 minimum, anything else is just more pish.

TrinityHibby
11-07-2017, 02:11 PM

Love the ambition / sentiment of your post however let's not forget there are 4 more established top flight clubs that have more resources than us ...Celtic and Rangers vastly more 😀🇳🇬💚

Bob1875
11-07-2017, 02:12 PM
With the current squad, I would be happy with top 6. We've not replaced our main goal scorer.

Robinho08
11-07-2017, 02:21 PM
Top 6 with a decent cup run in both competitions.

Ardenttwo
11-07-2017, 03:18 PM
With the current squad, I would be happy with top 6. We've not replaced our main goal scorer.

With the the current squad we will be lucky to avoid relegation.

PeeJay
11-07-2017, 03:33 PM
Think we ought to wait until we know what squad we actually have to make any serious guesses - top 6 is the goal and anything better will be a bonus - considering how tough the club found it to get out of the lower league over 3 seasons I'm more than surprised that some fans on here think 2nd is within our grasp, then again that's a fan thing I guess, fair enough, but it has little to do with cold logic ... we'll find out soon enough just how much tougher this season will be ...

Bob1875
11-07-2017, 06:06 PM
With the the current squad we will be lucky to avoid relegation.

A bit far fetched imo, but I see where you are coming from. Fans saying we should be top 4..... unless they know a few marquee signings that are coming? I'm not sure how anyone can be confident of top 4.

NORTHERNHIBBY
11-07-2017, 08:24 PM
Minimum of top six and a decent run in both cups. At least one semi final.

Bishop Hibee
11-07-2017, 08:33 PM
To be comfortably in the top 6 at the end of the season. A run in one of the cups again would be a nice bonus. Unbeaten v Hertz would be nice.

OsloHibs
11-07-2017, 08:45 PM
I'm absolutely in the minority, but staying outta a relagation battle and finishing comfortably clear. Yes, of course I'd like us to be top 4- but we were guff last season & the football was mostly dire, so I'd like to see us play some good football too.. but as I said I'm totally in the minority. Oh and a decent cup run too of course!

GreenLake
12-07-2017, 09:31 AM
The first of 10 in a row.

Steve20
12-07-2017, 09:38 AM
If we bring in Stokes, Whittaker, a target man and a wide player then we should be top 4-5.

If we go with what we have, or bring in journeymen to replace the players that left, then bottom 6.

We won't be fighting relegation.

Keith_M
12-07-2017, 10:46 AM
I've revised my expectations: Have the league won before the end of March and a second Cup win in three seasons.

:greengrin

West lower
12-07-2017, 10:50 AM
To find Efe.

Ken
12-07-2017, 03:57 PM
A minimum of a top 6 finish and a decent run in one of the cups

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Callum_62
12-07-2017, 04:49 PM
Top 10

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk