PDA

View Full Version : Josh Taylor

southsider
08-07-2017, 10:05 PM
Hibs fan and Prestonpans boxer Josh Taylor was sensational tonight with 7th round KO

leither17
08-07-2017, 10:06 PM
30 quid on at 7/1 for it to be over in the first 6 still happy for him though

Booked4Being-Ugly
08-07-2017, 10:07 PM
I just watched that, what a fighter. I never knew he was a Hibs fan but makes it even better! :doh:

penihibs
08-07-2017, 10:12 PM
I just watched that, what a fighter. I never knew he was a Hibs fan but makes it even better! :doh:

Alex Arthur commentating on fight a great boxer and Hibs man aswell.

RamYer1902
08-07-2017, 10:12 PM
That was a world class performance :aok:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Onceinawhile
08-07-2017, 10:31 PM
Alex Arthur commentating on fight a great boxer and Hibs man aswell.

Nah. Hes a Liverpool man who milked hibs to try and get more people along.

monktonharp
08-07-2017, 10:33 PM
I just heard from a mate, that young Josh done the business.excellent. If he gets to the level of Alex Arthur or even the great Kenny Buchanan that would be something. 2 top class boxers from our area and of course the young man that keeps it going in our area, handing out flyers outside ER, :wink: sound guys.

Brightside
08-07-2017, 10:46 PM
Hibs fan and Prestonpans boxer Josh Taylor was sensational tonight with 7th round KO

I thought he did well in a step up for him. A decent test...but still a fair way away from a title fight

HibbiesandtheBaddies
08-07-2017, 10:59 PM
Massive performance by Josh. Shut the one trick pony fud up.

Great performance by Jason Easton as well against a very durable boy.

FFupper
I thought he did well in a step up for him. A decent test...but still a fair way away from a title fight

Disagree, I think he's ready now. Excellent hand speed and technique. Made the other boy look very ordinary.

monktonharp
I'm Sure that Bradley Welsh was quite good around that level , but the great Kenny Buchanan, was something special. I know he never fought proffesionally in his home town , but I did see him at the police boxing championships which were held in the assembly rooms Edin. at one stage.he made a cameo appearance, with 2 other fighters against him for a round. he fought his brother Alan, (I think) and also in the ring at the same time he also fought one of the Imries. who were both amateur. he was a mazing.

Baader
08-07-2017, 11:04 PM
Great stuff from Josh Taylor. Was a good fight. Didn't know he was a Hibby so will be following him all the more in future.

Oustanding from Jason Easton in what was the fight of the night.

Brightside
08-07-2017, 11:20 PM
Disagree, I think he's ready now. Excellent hand speed and technique. Made the other boy look very ordinary.

So I like josh. Nice tidy fighter. But every fight has benn set up for him. He is not near ready.

Baader
09-07-2017, 12:56 AM
So I like josh. Nice tidy fighter. But every fight has benn set up for him. He is not near ready.

Benn's 53 now and a different weight so shouldn't have anything to worry about. :wink:

NOLA
09-07-2017, 12:58 AM
Met josh last year in the LA gym where incidentally Darren McCormack was pounding the bags with relish but terry was still giving him dogs [emoji190] abuse [emoji1]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Slim Shady
09-07-2017, 02:13 AM
I just heard from a mate, that young Josh done the business.excellent. If he gets to the level of Alex Arthur or even the great Kenny Buchanan that would be something. 2 top class boxers from our area and of course the young man that keeps it going in our area, handing out flyers outside ER, :wink: sound guys.

What level did Alex Arthur reach? And I can't see Josh handing out flyers around Easter Road in the near future?

pacorosssco
09-07-2017, 03:19 AM
I'm Sure that Bradley Welsh was quite good around that level , but the great Kenny Buchanan, was something special. I know he never fought proffesionally in his home town , but I did see him at the police boxing championships which were held in the assembly rooms Edin. at one stage.he made a cameo appearance, with 2 other fighters against him for a round. he fought his brother Alan, (I think) and also in the ring at the same time he also fought one of the Imries. who were both amateur. he was a mazing.

Buchanan has claim to be one of scotlands greatest sportsmen. Was at highest level at weight

brog
09-07-2017, 07:18 AM
Buchanan has claim to be one of scotlands greatest sportsmen. Was at highest level at weight

Kenny Buchanan was Ring magazine boxer of the year. Runner up was some guy called Muhammad Ali! Josh is a tremendous prospect but he still has a long way to go. Excellent performance last night.

southsider
09-07-2017, 07:54 AM
Kenny Buchanan was Ring magazine boxer of the year. Runner up was some guy called Muhammad Ali! Josh is a tremendous prospect but he still has a long way to go. Excellent performance last night.

Josh at 5ft 11 & a fighting at 10st has a tremendous reach advantage but was toe to toe with the highly rated Englishman and showed unbelievable power. Josh knocked him down and did not try to defend himself when ref restarted fight. Josh tore it and ref had to dive in to save the guy. Very impressed as guy was 15-0 with 12 k o. ER and Scotland are proud of u.

yonder1875
09-07-2017, 09:36 AM
What level did Alex Arthur reach? And I can't see Josh handing out flyers around Easter Road in the near future?

I think Josh will clearly top Alex's achievements, can already see he's going on to big things.

snooky
09-07-2017, 01:09 PM
Hibs fan and , Prestonpans boxer Josh Taylor was sensational tonight with 7th round KO

Top or bottom?

hibees 7062
09-07-2017, 01:29 PM
https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2017/04/taylor-4.jpg?strip=all&w=607&quality=100

Ross4356
09-07-2017, 01:55 PM
I was lucky enough to be at last night's fight and speak to both Josh and Ricky Burn's. Ricky Burn's made an offer to fight Anthony Crolla but Joe Gallagher doesn't seem keen. Josh want's Burns and Burn's said he would accept the best offer, said Ohara Davis was paid a fortune for last night's fight.

I believe Josh is now ready to step up and fight a world level fighter and Burn's is the perfect fight at the perfect time, a fight, if promoted by Cyclone and on C5 it'll be watched by millions and could sell out the Hydro a couple of times over.

Josh Taylor wins the fight imo but as a big Ricky Burn's fan I don't think I could enjoy it.

woodythehibee
09-07-2017, 03:59 PM
I was lucky enough to be at last night's fight and speak to both Josh and Ricky Burn's. Ricky Burn's made an offer to fight Anthony Crolla but Joe Gallagher doesn't seem keen. Josh want's Burns and Burn's said he would accept the best offer, said Ohara Davis was paid a fortune for last night's fight.

I believe Josh is now ready to step up and fight a world level fighter and Burn's is the perfect fight at the perfect time, a fight, if promoted by Cyclone and on C5 it'll be watched by millions and could sell out the Hydro a couple of times over.

Josh Taylor wins the fight imo but as a big Ricky Burn's fan I don't think I could enjoy it.
Any idea how much they made from the fight last night?

kevinc
09-07-2017, 08:24 PM
I thought he did well in a step up for him. A decent test...but still a fair way away from a title fight it appeared a big step up for him, however, he totally dominated Davies who was ranked at 4(WBA), 9 (IBF)and 13 (WBC). He will be fighting for a world title in the next 12-18 months imo.

Zazu62
09-07-2017, 08:35 PM
It's a pity we haven't got any decent venues in Edinburgh, Glasgow has better ones like the Hydro etc

geohibby
09-07-2017, 08:41 PM

he is already far better than Alex Arthur, he is going to be a star stust me

Pretty Boy
09-07-2017, 08:43 PM
It's a pity we haven't got any decent venues in Edinburgh, Glasgow has better ones like the Hydro etc

Judging by the crowd last night Taylor is a fair bit away from needing a venue as big as the Hydro. Even Ricky Burns struggled to get close to selling it our for a world title fight.

yonder1875
09-07-2017, 09:02 PM
Judging by the crowd last night Taylor is a fair bit away from needing a venue as big as the Hydro. Even Ricky Burns struggled to get close to selling it our for a world title fight.

10th pro fight, though. Also, first time he's fought in a nationally hyped fight - he would have gained plenty of fans last night.

I believe Taylor would sell out the hydro for a world title shot.

monktonharp
09-07-2017, 09:23 PM
Buchanan has claim to be one of Scotlands greatest sportsmen. Was at highest level at weightBuchanan was the world's best lightweight boxer, and got beat by Roberto Duran over 15 rounds. he suffered a below the belt blow, costing him points in that round if I recall. Duran, was known as "stone fists" too. hardest bassa you could ever meet in a dark alley.:turnevil:

Hulk1875
09-07-2017, 09:23 PM

Easter road stadium summer 2018 !!!!!

Haha

monktonharp
09-07-2017, 09:31 PM
What level did Alex Arthur reach? And I can't see Josh handing out flyers around Easter Road in the near future?right then. Alex held several British titles which he won through various weights if I remember.cant remember his World title fights but he was there abouts anyway..... not a bad boxer at all. wouldnae fancy a couple of rounds wi him, even now! not suggesting Josh is ready to hand out flyers either. Bradley Welsh has done a fair bit of that, and runs a boxing club for youngsters, keeps them off the street, helps them to keep on the straight and narrow. problem with that?

monktonharp
09-07-2017, 09:34 PM
Easter road stadium summer 2018 !!!!!

Hahanew tynecastle park, sometime in the distant future:rolleyes:

hfc rd
09-07-2017, 10:22 PM

Agree. Definitely need one!

Nemo
10-07-2017, 12:18 AM
Top or bottom?

Bottom Pans...along wi the rest of the nutters :greengrin

Well done Josh, what a prospect this boy is, am tellin ye, barring injuries etc, this guy is going to the very top

Ross4356
10-07-2017, 04:22 PM
Any idea how much they made from the fight last night?

No mate but the thing that got the fight made was a public tweet from Eddie Hearn to Shane McGuigan arguing about a 70k offer.

snooky
10-07-2017, 05:04 PM
Bottom Pans...along wi the rest of the nutters :greengrin

Well done Josh, what a prospect this boy is, am tellin ye, barring injuries etc, this guy is going to the very top
:agree: ... on both points :greengrin

MagicSwirlingShip
10-07-2017, 05:19 PM

To the very top. WBO Super Featherweight champion.