Subs
Dabrowski
Watson
Paton
O'Connor

I'm not at the game, can anyone give updates please

StevieCowan
08-07-2017, 02:22 PM
Handling and Stanton massively down pecking order then.

AlanRuff
08-07-2017, 02:30 PM
1-0 to city, Craig Beattie the scorer.

AlanRuff
08-07-2017, 03:51 PM
1-1, equaliser last kick of the game.

AlanRuff
08-07-2017, 03:58 PM
Hibs win 4-3 on pens.

Billy Whizz
08-07-2017, 04:01 PM
Hibs win 4-3 on pens.

Thanks for the updates
Any players do well?

AlanRuff
08-07-2017, 04:13 PM
Wasn't great from us if I'm being honest, no real standouts. Lucky not to have conceded more, they hit the woodwork a couple of times and our keeper kept us in it.

Ozyhibby
08-07-2017, 04:17 PM
Handling and Stanton massively down pecking order then.

They've been told to find new clubs. I would have thought they would have done so by now to try get a pre season in with new club.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Carheenlea
08-07-2017, 04:22 PM
Will this be the kind of line up to expect for Vale of Leithen game this Wednesday night?

StevieCowan
08-07-2017, 04:42 PM
Will this be the kind of line up to expect for Vale of Leithen game this Wednesday night?

I'd expect so

brog
08-07-2017, 04:43 PM
They've been told to find new clubs. I would have thought they would have done so by now to try get a pre season in with new club.

Nobody can tell them to find new clubs. They can be told that they don't have a future at ER & it can be suggested that moving on is the best way forward for all concerned. If however Sam & Danny wish to stay on, either for footballing or financial reasons then that's their prerogative.

Ozyhibby
08-07-2017, 05:57 PM
Nobody can tell them to find new clubs. They can be told that they don't have a future at ER & it can be suggested that moving on is the best way forward for all concerned. If however Sam & Danny wish to stay on, either for footballing or financial reasons then that's their prerogative.

I know all that. They have contracts and we will honour them if need be. But for their own good, if they want to breathe new life into their careers, they need to bite the bullet and find themselves a club where they will get game time.

brog
08-07-2017, 07:59 PM
I know all that. They have contracts and we will honour them if need be. But for their own good, if they want to breathe new life into their careers, they need to bite the bullet and find themselves a club where they will get game time.

Yep, I know & you're correct. It was the terminology I didnt like even though I know it's a standard phrase. It just seems a bit disrespectful to 2 young guys who are supporters & who've always given their best for our club. Personally I think Sam will end up at Falkirk but I suspect we may look for something out the deal.

DTS
08-07-2017, 08:03 PM
Yep, I know & you're correct. It was the terminology I didnt like even though I know it's a standard phrase. It just seems a bit disrespectful to 2 young guys who are supporters & who've always given their best for our club. Personally I think Sam will end up at Falkirk but I suspect we may look for something out the deal.

Handling grew up a rangers fan

IberianHibernian
08-07-2017, 09:26 PM
Yep, I know & you're correct. It was the terminology I didnt like even though I know it's a standard phrase. It just seems a bit disrespectful to 2 young guys who are supporters & who've always given their best for our club. Personally I think Sam will end up at Falkirk but I suspect we may look for something out the deal.Agree with you especially about the terminology . Always read lots of comments here about " wage thieves " after defeats then at any time about players not getting a regular game for not accepting first offer to move . Players like Stanton and Handling will have signed long contracts because Hibs knew other clubs would tempt them with more lucrative deals sooner or later and they could probably have moved on a couple of years ago and made more money . Same with Harris . IF we can sign better players , let`s hope Sam and Danny can find clubs where they are happy and where regular games let them improve and that we can benefit from sell-on deal if they succeed . In case of Harris , his contract had finished so we can only wish him well at Falkirk and hope we can afford him and he`d like to come back if we need a player of his type in next year or so .

lord bunberry
08-07-2017, 09:28 PM
I can't believe that Stanton and Handling haven't made the grade with us. Is that down to bad coaching, bad timing or bad attitudes.

IberianHibernian
08-07-2017, 09:34 PM
I can't believe that Stanton and Handling haven't made the grade with us. Is that down to bad coaching, bad timing or bad attitudes. Have been competing with players like McGinn and McGeoch so not easy . And injuries . Certainly shown enough that if they avoid injuries and have luck that all successful players need could play at a higher level .

Iggy Pope
09-07-2017, 08:42 AM
Anyone in attendance yesterday know if a programme was issued?

Tamhere1875
09-07-2017, 09:40 AM
Anyone in attendance yesterday know if a programme was issued?

Yes they had a programme plus a team sheet.

Tamhere1875
09-07-2017, 09:42 AM
Ainslie Park for the game against Spartans this morning then 🏎To Easter Road to pay tribute to a great Hibee Mr Lewis Stevenson.

Iggy Pope
09-07-2017, 09:46 AM
Yes they had a programme plus a team sheet.

Ta.

NORTHERNHIBBY
09-07-2017, 10:07 AM
Both Stanton and Handling would be good additions to Championship sides.

Hamish
09-07-2017, 11:05 AM
Both Stanton and Handling would be good additions to Championship sides.

Neither in squad for today's game v Spartans.

Trialist at right back

Taken from Spartans twitter

Brightside
09-07-2017, 11:10 AM
Neither in squad for today's game v Spartans.

Trialist at right back

Taken from Spartans twitter

They will be in the squad for Lewis's game.

Brightside
09-07-2017, 12:20 PM
They will be in the squad for Lewis's game.

Take that back. No sign of them in the match squad. Surely must be away now.

Hamish
09-07-2017, 12:24 PM
Curently 2-1 Spartans. Lewis Allan pulls one back. Hibs keeper Dabrowski apparently had a mare for Spartans opener.

brog
09-07-2017, 12:41 PM
Take that back. No sign of them in the match squad. Surely must be away now.

They'll be playing at Berwick tomorrow.

Hamish
09-07-2017, 12:51 PM
Finished 3-1 Spartans

Billy Whizz
09-07-2017, 12:57 PM
They'll be playing at Berwick tomorrow.

Tuesday, Brog😂

BullsCloseHibs
09-07-2017, 06:57 PM
Ronnie Swan? ... Did he make those kettles?