PDA

View Full Version : (NHC) Villa fan to boycott his team after Terry signing

hfc rd
06-07-2017, 11:41 PM
An Aston Villa fan to boycott his team due to John Terry's racist incident with Anton Ferdinand a couple of seasons ago.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/jul/05/aston-villa-fan-boycott-john-terry-racist-past

pacorosssco
07-07-2017, 12:11 AM
An Aston Villa fan to boycott his team due to John Terry's racist incident with Anton Ferdinand a couple of seasons ago.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/jul/05/aston-villa-fan-boycott-john-terry-racist-past

Fair enough I suppose. Its his choice

monktonharp
07-07-2017, 12:13 AM

cant get the link

18Hibee75
07-07-2017, 12:22 AM
cant get the link

That better??

Sent from my F3211 using Tapatalk

Pete
07-07-2017, 05:18 AM
cant get the link

Here it is

Www.lookAtMe.com

Super_JMcGinn
07-07-2017, 06:31 AM

I'm not sure why it's been given the time of day and such a lengthy article but I'm pretty sure he won't be missed. Villa are a massive club and if they get it right on the park one of the biggest in England.

I would also wager he is not a racist despite using the words described.

scooby
07-07-2017, 06:33 AM
I'm not sure why it's been given the time of day and such a lengthy article but I'm pretty sure he won't be missed. Villa are a massive club and if they get it right on the park one of the biggest in England.

He is a dick though!

tamig
07-07-2017, 06:40 AM
cant get the link

All a bit like you and Gary Locke I suppose. Maybe you'd have hit the papers too.

lugz
07-07-2017, 06:53 AM
A journalist crying our for attention no real surprise there. The main point to take from the article is he wasn't found guilty after a trial, what ever happened to innocent until proved guilty.

Anyway it's a cracking signing for Villa and no doubt someone will happily fill this guys seat if they're doing well.

pacorosssco
08-07-2017, 12:04 AM
A journalist crying our for attention no real surprise there. The main point to take from the article is he wasn't found guilty after a trial, what ever happened to innocent until proved guilty.

Anyway it's a cracking signing for Villa and no doubt someone will happily fill this guys seat if they're doing well.

Big name big signing but I recon go same way as Rio at QPR. Bruce has gone all in with money quoted. Time will tell.

Deeds
08-07-2017, 12:44 AM
Some people just need punched in the face...I'm sorry, but this is just ridiculous

BobMilne
08-07-2017, 02:09 AM

Your last sentence is a disgrace! Clearly you are a ***** gambler

weecounty hibby
08-07-2017, 06:29 AM
Some people just need punched in the face...I'm sorry, but this is just ridiculous

John Terry being one of them!!!

hibby6270
08-07-2017, 08:56 AM
As much as Terry comes across as an odious individual and everything is "me, me, me", the fan's reaction is a bit OTT imo. One missing fan out of 40k Villa fans won't make much difference to their support. Unless he was hoping that many more would follow his lead.

lugz
08-07-2017, 02:23 PM
As much as Terry comes across as an odious individual and everything is "me, me, me", the fan's reaction is a bit OTT imo. One missing fan out of 40k Villa fans won't make much difference to their support. Unless he was hoping that many more would follow his lead.

If that's what he was hoping for it's had quite the opposite effect. He's been getting some amount of abuse from Villa fans on Twitter.

09-07-2017, 04:21 PM
John Terry is a a class A, arrogant ****er of a man. Various incidents over the years have made it very clear what kind of guy he is and its not a good one.The fact he asked for chelsea to sub him on 26 mins and a guard of honour shows you what a self-centred, egotistical odious character he is but this fans reaction is OTT in my opinion. You support your club no matter what, what this basically says is that he hates Terry more than he loves Villa.

No person, no matter how awful could make me turn my back on the club.

Northernhibee
09-07-2017, 07:28 PM
The abuse fellow "fans" are giving him on Twitter is a joke. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion of what is acceptable and of what causes offense. He's entitled to not go and watch John Terry play if he doesn't want to see him in his teams colours.

Non story IMO.