PDA

View Full Version : Lennon on Laugherty & Fyvie

1875STEVE
06-07-2017, 09:40 PM
https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/1251541/hibs-boss-neil-lennon-accuses-hearts-star-kyle-lafferty-of-breaking-his-word-over-his-move-to-tynecastle/?utm_source=TWITTER&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=SprnklrSUNOrganic&UTMX=Editorial:scotsunsport:FBLink:Statement:Sport

Fyvie could still be a Hibs player next season.......

Nicho87
06-07-2017, 09:44 PM
Sounds like something could be happening.
Final take it or leave last offer of contract, hopefully fyvie training with united maybe realises how lucky he's got it at hibs. Gladly have him on board this season.

Pete
06-07-2017, 09:45 PM
"Lennon is seething over Lafferty’s move"

Hardly.

Excellent news regarding Fyvie. I really hope we can work something out.

Keyser Sauzee
06-07-2017, 09:46 PM
I had a feeling the fyvie deal wasn't completely dead

BlackSheep
06-07-2017, 09:47 PM
Good, I'd take Fyvie back in a heartbeat

Borderhibbie76
06-07-2017, 09:49 PM
Still can't fathom why we were ever after Laugherty...that concerns me a bit tbh...thank **** he renaged and signed for THEM

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Vault Boy
06-07-2017, 09:49 PM
Hopefully we get Fraser back in ASAP

The_Horde
06-07-2017, 09:51 PM
Berry out Fyvie in.

jacomo
06-07-2017, 09:53 PM
"Lennon is seething over Lafferty’s move"

Hardly.

Excellent news regarding Fyvie. I really hope we can work something out.

Tabloid talk.

The Edinburgh Derby has a new pantomime villain and it's all part of the game.

Edit: I agree re: Fyvie.

B.H.F.C
06-07-2017, 09:55 PM
I wonder if 'reviewing' the Fyvie situation is down to missing out on Berry. Obviously different types of midfielder but players don't always need to be replaced like for like.

stoneyburn hibs
06-07-2017, 09:55 PM
Hopefully Fyvie is signing.

hfc rd
06-07-2017, 09:56 PM
Will happily keep Fraser Fyvie if a deal can be agreed

makaveli1875
06-07-2017, 09:57 PM
theres a story in the blackpool gazette that says blackpool are after Fyvie as well as Dylan

macca70
06-07-2017, 10:02 PM
I wonder if 'reviewing' the Fyvie situation is down to missing out on Berry. Obviously different types of midfielder but players don't always need to be replaced like for like.

United not quite offering what he was after therefore hasn't signed it yet to leave his options open

My_Wife_Camille
06-07-2017, 10:05 PM
Please no

oneone73
06-07-2017, 10:06 PM
Please no

Oh God please yes.

yonder1875
06-07-2017, 10:07 PM
Would be happy if FF signed a deal.

Cat Stanton
06-07-2017, 10:07 PM
For those who don't wish to click on a ****bag newspaper link, and thereby increase its profits:

LENNY SLAMS LAFF
Hibs boss Neil Lennon accuses Hearts star Kyle Lafferty of breaking his word over his move to Tynecastle
The former Rangers striker was expected at Hibs' training HQ last week but instead signed on at the Jambos
EXCLUSIVE

HIBS boss Neil Lennon accused Kyle Lafferty of breaking his word over his move to Hearts.

Striker Lafferty was due at Hibs’ training ground for signing talks last week.

Kyle Lafferty snubbed talks with Neil Lennon to sign for Hearts

Lennon is seething over Lafferty’s move
But Lafferty, 29, spent the day with the Jambos instead before agreeing to sign with them.

Furious Hibees gaffer Lennon said: “The player gave me his word he would come and speak to me before he signed with anyone else.

“He reneged on his word. Lafferty doesn’t have to apologise to Hibs, or me.

“But agent Keith Gillespie and his partner didn’t come to Edinburgh for a day out, they came here hoping to agree business.

“What happened, I thought, was especially harsh for them.”

Northern Ireland star Lafferty said last week he had no intention of apologising to Lennon.

Meanwhile, the Hibs boss has also revealed contract rebel Fraser Fyvie could yet stay at Easter Road.

Midfield ace Fyvie had initially snubbed a new three-year deal offered at the end of their title- winning campaign.

When he had a change of heart Fyvie, 24, was bluntly told by Lennon it was too late.

Free agent Fraser Fyvie could yet return to Hibs
Dundee United are keen to clinch an agreement with the former Aberdeen and Wigan star.

Lennon added: “There was a deal on the table for Fraser, it was rejected, and then it was taken away. It was as simple as that.

“However, that may be reviewed again. We might look into it but at the moment there’s no news.”

Meanwhile, Hibs hitman Martin Boyle insists the Easter Road stars have faith in Lenny to assemble a squad to compete in the Premiership.

Lennon has added striker Simon Murray and playmaker Danny Swanson, and converted stopper Efe Ambrose and goalkeeper Ofir Marciano’s loans into permanent deals.

The departure of Jason Cummings and James Keatings has left Hibs short in attack.

Boyle insists Hibs will be ready for the big kick-off against Partick Thistle.

He said: “We don’t know who is coming in or going out — we just have to get on with our jobs.

“We’ll stick together, and when new faces come in we will welcome them, but that’s up to the boss.

“I’m sure he has a few names in mind, and if he can get them in, then they will be good additions to our squad.

“But we don’t know what he has planned.

“Faces come and go. It’s up to the gaffer and the board to deal with that.

“As players, we can’t affect that. We’ll wait and see who comes in.

“Until then we’ll get on with our business. The fans have to trust them to bring the right players in.”

ian cruise
06-07-2017, 10:10 PM
I had a feeling the fyvie deal wasn't completely dead

I questioned you and I was wrong. I'll be honest I'm very happy that I am. Fingers crossed.

Ringothedog
06-07-2017, 10:15 PM
Please no

Football is all about opinions but if you cannot see that Fraser Fyvie is a good football player then maybe you should take up knitting

macca70
06-07-2017, 10:20 PM
Football is all about opinions but if you cannot see that Fraser Fyvie is a good football player then maybe you should take up knitting

I don't think he's a bad player but the Aberdeen semi to a change for the better once he was removed from the midfield after 30 mins.

superfurryhibby
06-07-2017, 10:21 PM
I don't think he's a bad player but the Aberdeen semi to a change for the better once he was removed from the midfield after 30 mins.

Tactical changes, wasn't his best game but it was more about our formation and getting a Holt on.

lord bunberry
06-07-2017, 10:24 PM
That's nonsense though. We set up with the wrong formation and had to change it. Fyvie was no worse than any of the other midfielders that day, but one of them needed to be sacrificed. The manager got it wrong that day and Fyvie shouldn't be made the scapegoat for his poor selection.

Ringothedog
06-07-2017, 10:27 PM
That's nonsense though. We set up with the wrong formation and had to change it. Fyvie was no worse than any of the other midfielders that day, but one of them needed to be sacrificed. The manager got it wrong that day and Fyvie shouldn't be made the scapegoat for his poor selection.

Totally correct

1875STEVE
06-07-2017, 10:28 PM

IMO, it had nothing to do with him being the worst player, every single player was pish.

It was the fact he already had a yellow card.

Ringothedog
06-07-2017, 10:29 PM

Neil Lennon and his tactics were to blame that day not Fraser Fyvie.

Keyser Sauzee
06-07-2017, 10:31 PM
I questioned you and I was wrong. I'll be honest I'm very happy that I am. Fingers crossed.

It's ok u were right to question it as what was being said on here seemed to go against my thoughts. Not ITK at all or had any info just a gut feeling that's all. He might still not sign mind u

Mantis Toboggan
06-07-2017, 10:39 PM
Neil Lennon and his tactics were to blame that day not Fraser Fyvie.

Yep. McGeouch out wide left was so exposed in the first 30 min it was painful.
Would love to see FF come back in, great player to have in the squad.

keep the faith
06-07-2017, 10:55 PM
Sign FF back up! He is a winner and helps us play a passing game.
Great news that Lennon is not going to be stupidly stubborn on this one.

TRC
06-07-2017, 11:15 PM
More to the point does our boss have a snusdosa in his hand in the picture. Must have learned that from Mjällby? Any other scandic hibs fan reckon it is??

MyJo
06-07-2017, 11:39 PM
Would be more than happy to see FF back in the squad.

Then we get a winger and two strikers and we're pretty much good to go

Jim44
07-07-2017, 04:39 AM

There's a whole load of stuff about ear touching body language including, lying, insincerity and signs of stress. Interesting.

GreenLake
07-07-2017, 04:48 AM

I think you are right but his selection wouldn't have looked quite as bad if we hadn't gifted them two goals.

Pete
07-07-2017, 05:14 AM
I think you are right but his selection wouldn't have looked quite as bad if we hadn't gifted them two goals.

TBH his game plan went out the window after 10 seconds so there's no way of knowing if the initial set up was correct. One thing Lennon did do was make a bold, decisive move that changed the game.

One thing we can all agree on is that it all had nothing to do with FF.

calumhibee1
07-07-2017, 06:04 AM
More to the point does our boss have a snusdosa in his hand in the picture. Must have learned that from Mjällby? Any other scandic hibs fan reckon it is??

He will do. A lot of footballers are into it, I know Keatsy regularly uses it.

blackpoolhibs
07-07-2017, 06:09 AM

What is a snusdosa??????

Callum_62
07-07-2017, 06:15 AM
What is a snusdosa??????

Spitless tobacco

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm_cabbaged
07-07-2017, 06:17 AM
What is a snusdosa??????

Aye,WTF is it?? Google doesn't even know. Is it something like a mattabooboo?

blackpoolhibs
07-07-2017, 06:25 AM
Spitless tobacco

Doesn't sound very healthy? :confused:

Libby Hibby
07-07-2017, 06:40 AM
Is this s*n article not regurgitated old news?

The press seem to be creating something between Hibs and hearts over Lafferty when the majority have already forgotten about him.

Good news regarding FF and I hope a deal can be struck.

anon1875
07-07-2017, 06:49 AM
Bring Fyvie home

07-07-2017, 06:54 AM
Aye,WTF is it?? Google doesn't even know. Is it something like a mattabooboo?

Ok, I'll tee it up for you.

What's a mattabooboo?

Ozyhibby
07-07-2017, 07:27 AM
If Lennon wants Fyvie then he should stop f'ing about and sign him. The season starts a week tomorrow.

I'm_cabbaged
07-07-2017, 07:28 AM
Ok, I'll tee it up for you.

What's a mattabooboo?

Nothing Yogi!!!!
😂😂😂

Juice-Terry
07-07-2017, 07:33 AM

It looks like a tin of Siberia. It's quite strong, but very girly (no offense), since it's portions (tea bags) and not the REAL stuff: Ettan (loose).

GreenNWhiteArmy
07-07-2017, 08:00 AM
Hopefully we do the sensible thing and give FF the deal.

It allows us to focus on the other areas of the pitch with our remaining transfer budget. 2 strikers and a winger please Neil and we are good to go.

I've said it all summer, there'll be a signing that we all just say "**** me, that's a Neil Lennon signing alright" one that maybe we couldn't have enticed without our manager. Keep the faith, the club are clearly working to strengthen the squad.

:flag:

Super_JMcGinn
07-07-2017, 08:12 AM
If Lennon wants Fyvie then he should stop f'ing about and sign him. The season starts a week tomorrow.

I think we can conclude that Lenny is doing to Fyvie exactly what Fyvie did to Hibs and that's to see if there's anything better out there. Karma can be a bitch sometimes.

The Spaceman
07-07-2017, 08:21 AM
Would take Fyvie back in a heartbeat. The fact Lennon has publicly stated it could happen has to be a big positive.

Scottish Cup legend.

therealgavmac
07-07-2017, 08:38 AM
Spitless tobacco

Ahh is this what the guy in Lilyhammer had under his top lip all the time??

makaveli1875
07-07-2017, 08:39 AM
Would take Fyvie back in a heartbeat. The fact Lennon has publicly stated it could happen has to be a big positive.

Scottish Cup legend.

id rather have players who are commited , not someone who rejected the deal he was offered and came crawling back because nobody else wanted him

He made his bed ...

Pretty Boy
07-07-2017, 08:44 AM
If a deal can still be done for Fyvie then it's a no brainer imo.

The season starts very soon and there's a good player available who can hit the ground running with us and knows what we are about. If the episode has taught Fyvie anything it's that if he wants a move away from Hibs he'll have to improve again to earn it.

Big L
07-07-2017, 09:16 AM
Sign FF back up! He is a winner and helps us play a passing game.
Great news that Lennon is not going to be stupidly stubborn on this one.

I'd be delighted, at least we know the ball will be on the deck most of the time.

Jim44
07-07-2017, 09:39 AM
What's Fyvies situation with D Utd.? I know he's training with them, presumably to get a deal, but is he stalling with them because he doesn't like the terms or is he hankering for a kiss and make up with Lennon.