PDA

View Full Version : Fraser Murray

hibee1875
06-07-2017, 09:30 PM
Luke Berry who?

Is this the year for Fraser to step up into the first team and make a telling impact?

The last player to come through was Cummings 4 years ago. Would be good to see him get a chance. Feel it's a make or break year for Martin too

jacomo
06-07-2017, 09:33 PM
Let's hope so.

We need an attacking midfielder and if it's one of our own all the better!

Pretty Boy
06-07-2017, 09:36 PM
He was superb tonight. Built on his performance v Raith.

Really think we have a star in the making here

Northernhibee
06-07-2017, 09:42 PM
Needs to start coming up with daft comments in interviews like "zing on it" or "tin of beans" though :grr:

frazeHFC
06-07-2017, 10:07 PM
Controls the ball well, eye for a pass and isn't afraid to have a shot. First time I've seen him but very impressive performance!

B.H.F.C
06-07-2017, 10:11 PM
I'd have absolutely no worries whatsoever if he is thrown in at any point. I think he looks miles in front of the other young players. He just has something different about him.

Ronniekirk
06-07-2017, 10:20 PM
Any time i have seen him he has impressed me Get him on a longer term contract Think he will turn out to be the Real Deal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DavidDavidGray
06-07-2017, 10:21 PM
Him and Scott Martin have really been impressing me whenever they've played, and Murray in particular has been great recently. Looks comfortable on the ball, can pick out a pass and not afraid to take a man on or have a shot. We've got a couple of real talented midfielders coming through, here's hoping they get some game time next year

KWJ
06-07-2017, 11:30 PM
Definitely looked like he belonged in the Raith game and that he had come a long way since the Turiff match where he scored.

Exciting prospect who hopefully gets a fair crack at the whip.

Brightside
06-07-2017, 11:31 PM
Great to see a positive thread for the young player.

CMurdoch
06-07-2017, 11:31 PM
Wasn't at the match tonight but I thought he was great against Raith.
Didn't look out of place and had something about him as well as great energy.

one day maybe...
06-07-2017, 11:38 PM
Just let the lad play football.. He's decent, just let him rxpress himself ❤️

wookie70
06-07-2017, 11:39 PM
He was excellent tonight and has looked good when he has played. I also think Scott Martin and Ryan Porteous looked good tonight too. Shaw might be another Cummings, not in the game at all in the first half, better in the second but gets his goal. Let's hope they all turn out to be first team regulars but much was made of Sam Stanton and Alex Harris' early performances and they never turned out how we hoped.

I thought Lennon handled the game well tonight with just making the changes at half time so those involved all got a proper run out.

GoalsMcGinley
07-07-2017, 06:05 AM
Any time i have seen him he has impressed me Get him on a longer term contract Think he will turn out to be the Real Deal

No long signed a 5 year deal

Ronniekirk
07-07-2017, 07:45 AM
No long signed a 5 year deal

Cheers missed that announcement but makes sense

neil7908
07-07-2017, 07:57 AM
I've still seen very little of him. Do folk think he's good enough to be featuring in the first team at some stage this season?

GreenCastle
07-07-2017, 08:22 AM
The guy has just turned 18 but looks very talented every time I've seen him.

Technically very good and seems to be an intelligent player which you don't often get from young players.

Will be exciting to see how he develops.

CMurdoch
07-07-2017, 10:08 AM
Good enough - Old enough

Speedway
07-07-2017, 10:12 AM
I've still seen very little of him. Do folk think he's good enough to be featuring in the first team at some stage this season?

As the old adage goes, if you're old enough, you're old enough.

GoalsMcGinley
07-07-2017, 11:19 AM
Really down to earth young lad. Has a real chance to be a player we sell for big money. Scores goals, loves a tackle. Hopefully see more of him this season in the 1st team

Diclonius
07-07-2017, 11:20 AM
Needs to start coming up with daft comments in interviews like "zing on it" or "tin of beans" though :grr:

Too soon, mate. Too soon. :boo hoo:

CMurdoch
08-07-2017, 07:23 PM
IMO and on limited viewing I think this kid is ready.
Better having him coming on as a sub in games rather than Pennant who has done zilch of note since 2012.

jamesh0762
08-07-2017, 07:55 PM
Boy looks a real talent , don't want to jinx him but the few times I've seen him play he doesn't look out of place whatsoever, very raw, looks as if he has bags of ability, go for it wee man, I think he can be the next ONE :flag:

bingo70
08-07-2017, 09:06 PM
In the game he played last season I thought he looked a real talent and was a great threat growing forward. Hopefully he goes on to be a big player for us.

What I would say is though I thought he still needed to develop physically a bit and I think that showed as the game went on and he tired quite badly. IMO a good season for him would be to gradually break into the first team and continue to make an impression whenue does get the chance. Too early to be considering him a first team starter imo. Similar principles apply to olly shaw as well although I never saw him play last year.

Jonnyboy
08-07-2017, 09:14 PM
In the game he played last season I thought he looked a real talent and was a great threat growing forward. Hopefully he goes on to be a big player for us.

What I would say is though I thought he still needed to develop physically a bit and I think that showed as the game went on and he tired quite badly. IMO a good season for him would be to gradually break into the first team and continue to make an impression whenue does get the chance. Too early to be considering him a first team starter imo. Similar principles apply to olly shaw as well although I never saw him play last year.

bingo, he only came on at half time! Can't say I agree with your thought that he tired badly as the game went on :confused:

bingo70
08-07-2017, 09:22 PM
bingo, he only came on at half time! Can't say I agree with your thought that he tired badly as the game went on :confused:

In the game against Raith last season? I'm sure he started and tired as the game went on? Him and Scott Martin started I think?

CMurdoch
08-07-2017, 09:45 PM
In the game against Raith last season? I'm sure he started and tired as the game went on? Him and Scott Martin started I think?

He started the Raith game and began to tire after an hour.
He tired as a result of the amount of work he had put in.
Would like to see him come on in the last 30 minutes of games this season and put in the same effort.

Big L
08-07-2017, 09:53 PM
It's great to see some of our development players breaking thru, it makes the work and investment worth while. Hopefully, Fraser, Porteous, Martin & Shaw are just the start of things to come. A club like ours needs to produce our own.

matty_f
08-07-2017, 10:03 PM
I thought Fraser looked very good on Thursday night. My son is still going on about the nutmeg Murray did to the Dunfermline defender. :greengrin

Jonnyboy
08-07-2017, 10:17 PM

Oops :doh: Thought you were talking about the Pars game, sorry :embarrass

ian cruise
08-07-2017, 10:23 PM
It's great to see some of our development players breaking thru, it makes the work and investment worth while. Hopefully, Fraser, Porteous, Martin & Shaw are just the start of things to come. A club like ours needs to produce our own.

I think we are starting to see East Mains pay off. While you can never guarantee young players will make it we have put ourselves in the best position we could be. Dedicated youth set up with excellent facilities added to the fact that the younger generations attitudes to keeping in shape has changed with more emphasis on gyms and less on being out on the streets boozing.

Ardenttwo
09-07-2017, 06:25 AM
Luke Berry who?

Is this the year for Fraser to step up into the first team and make a telling impact?

The last player to come through was Cummings 4 years ago. Would be good to see him get a chance. Feel it's a make or break year for Martin too

Was this the lad lad we signed from Celtic. I think we have another young boy called Murray apart from the one we got from Dundee Utd ?

Phil MaGlass
09-07-2017, 07:57 AM
I think we are starting to see East Mains pay off. While you can never guarantee young players will make it we have put ourselves in the best position we could be. Dedicated youth set up with excellent facilities added to the fact that the younger generations attitudes to keeping in shape has changed with more emphasis on gyms and less on being out on the streets boozing.

One of the biggest problems in our game.IMO

DaveF
09-07-2017, 08:20 AM
Was this the lad lad we signed from Celtic. I think we have another young boy called Murray apart from the one we got from Dundee Utd ?

We also have Innes Murray. I think he was the one from Celtc though not 100% sure on that.

Pete70
09-07-2017, 09:16 AM
We also have Innes Murray. I think he was the one from Celtc though not 100% sure on that.

I think you're right.

GoalsMcGinley
09-07-2017, 09:27 AM

Miles in front of Oli. Oli needs another loan spell at a championship club imo. Fraser is ready.

GoalsMcGinley
09-07-2017, 09:28 AM

Innes Murray we signed from Septic

StevieCowan
09-07-2017, 10:46 AM

The much maligned Eddie May more so than East Mains is the reason.

ian cruise
09-07-2017, 10:53 AM
The much maligned Eddie May more so than East Mains is the reason.

Agreed, I know he gets stick but the coaching set up we currently have is does seem to be paying off. We've had lots of young players who were good at a lower level but never made the step up, feedback from the guys who see the youth teams definitely sounds like they are closer now to first team football than before.

ian cruise
09-07-2017, 10:56 AM
However having a facility such as East Mains is only going to help those coaches such as May provide the best results possible. If our coaches can't make players improve with East Mains at their disposal then they're not going to cut it.

Mikey09
09-07-2017, 11:27 AM
If, going by reports and asking others who've seen a lot of this kid, he's as good as I'm told, then I would love Lennon to tell Murray he's a big part of the squad this season. I'm sure Lennon will know when to bring him into the team and when he needs a rest. I don't want him going out on loan.

neil7908
09-07-2017, 11:40 AM
Really hope we see some of the youngsters today

Northernhibee
09-07-2017, 03:05 PM
Played very well again.

Captain Trips
09-07-2017, 04:02 PM
I think worth going with and ploughing all rest of monies into strikers all based on Mcginn staying on.

J-C
09-07-2017, 04:11 PM
I think worth going with and ploughing all rest of monies into strikers all based on Mcginn staying on.

Seemed to play in the area of the pitch where Fyvie played. :wink:

hfc rd
09-07-2017, 04:29 PM
Tremendous on Thursday night against Dunfermline and played really well when he came on today

Tamhere1875
09-07-2017, 05:02 PM
The work both Eddie May and George Craig put in at East Mains is phenomenal. The time they have spent setting up the youth development program is finally started to show.

Peevemor
09-07-2017, 06:11 PM
The work both Eddie May and George Craig put in at East Mains is phenomenal. The time they have spent setting up the youth development program is finally started to show.
Something's definitely made a difference. It's been a long time since we had so many youngsters of that quality ready to step up to the first team.

J-C
09-07-2017, 06:19 PM
Something's definitely made a difference. It's been a long time since we had so many youngsters of that quality ready to step up to the first team.

If you look at the work May did at Falkirk and the players that came through, it was just a matter of time before seen the benefits, was Craig not at Falkirk also?

AlbertK86
09-07-2017, 07:26 PM
Thought Fraser looked really hungry and instinctive when he came on. Good balance and seems to glide across the grass. Reminds me of a young Jonny Collins.
Looking forward to seeing him stepping off the bench regularly this season.
Wouldn't surprise me if he cements a starting spot before end of the season

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner