PDA

View Full Version : need two strikers?

familyman
06-07-2017, 04:03 PM
Any ideas on who we can get and afford. Signing existing players and loan players is welcome but not an incremental improvement more an standing still. A few new names sure but we are still light I feel.I know there must be a lot going on behind the scenes but the longer we wait the less time players have to work together..We do not want a packed midfield with too many similar players ,we will need to adapt styles more frequently this season so need at least one traditional goal scorer plus another to feed directly off him..eg.Gordon and O'Rourke ..AND ensuring our midfield players are far more consistent than last season.
I trust NL to get that right but we are on a countdown clock wise to first league match....I would guess NL is preparing for a bid to come in for J McGinn and will look to cover for that eventuality(in case we cannot keep him) as well as seeking Jason Cummings urgent quality replacement.
It is a case of wait and see I guess,but sooner rather than later please..:flag:

Dalianwanda
06-07-2017, 04:07 PM
I quite like a surprise rather than an ongoing social media saga. Hopefully lots of players that we aren't aware of being worked on behind the scenes

edwards
06-07-2017, 04:11 PM
Neil appears to know he wants and if he has a look in here at some of the comments he must be wetting himself with some of the comments, personally i would like to see us make a move for Cifti but unsure if he is on Lennons radar

mcfly
06-07-2017, 04:14 PM
Neil appears to know he wants and if he has a look in here at some of the comments he must be wetting himself with some of the comments, personally i would like to see us make a move for Cifti but unsure if he is on Lennons radar

Why would he be wetting himself?

Fans have paid their money in good faith - they want that same good faith repaid by the club.

Hibs are being very very quiet on the transfer front and fans are just looking for a bit of reassurance that targets are on the way

Dalianwanda
06-07-2017, 04:21 PM

Fans have paid their money in good faith - they want that same good faith repaid by the club.

Hibs are being very very quiet on the transfer front and fans are just looking for a bit of reassurance that targets are on the way

On their way means they aren't completed. I only want to know when things are over the line.

Callum_62
06-07-2017, 04:22 PM
Stokes, Hooper, Samaras

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SirDavidsNapper
06-07-2017, 04:27 PM
I see Aberdeen have bid for Moult. What are Hibs doing?

GordonHFC
06-07-2017, 04:30 PM
Stokes, Hooper, Samaras

What about them?

Franck Stanton
06-07-2017, 04:30 PM

That's bad news, was/am hoping we sign him.

hibbycraig
06-07-2017, 04:48 PM

Looking at other signings probably.

stantonsboots
06-07-2017, 05:03 PM
I see Aberdeen have bid for Moult. What are Hibs doing?Aberdeen haven't put a bid in for mault, paper says if they miss out on may (which they have neil keeping him at preston) they might consider a bid for mault! I hope they get him to because in my opinion he's guff! one good season doesn't make you great

GreenLake
06-07-2017, 05:07 PM
Stokes, Hooper, Samaras

Hooper, Samaras and Stokes would be known as the "Original Greek Fire" attack.

KanyeWestLower
06-07-2017, 05:20 PM
Samaras and stokes wouldn't work together. Both drift. The other striker mentioned on the PM board would be worth a shout.

The Leith Dutch
06-07-2017, 05:27 PM

I find it a little weird that folk think this works with the club somehow being "due us" something.

The club will have set a player budget based on expected income and they may adjust that budget if they feel there are sustainable changes to that income.

The only "faith repaid by the club" I'm interested in is results next season. If Lennon can get them with Graham, Murray and Shaw up front then I'm delighted (I don't think he'll think that or that's what'll happen but as long as they get the results I honestly don't care).

They don't owe me a Cummings replacement for buying a season ticket and they certainly don't owe me a regular news update of who it is their working to bring in.

By all means be concerned that we'd probably like to have at least another couple of key signings already on board by now but presumably nobody here is daft enough to think that Hibs are doing nothing and it's also extremely unlikely that they're holding back announcements so I'm genuinely at a loss as to what people expect the club to do?

Is it really going to make you or anyone else here happy if the club post a cut and paste "we continue to work towards signing the players the manager wants for the upcoming season" press release on the club website?

hibsbollah
06-07-2017, 05:29 PM
Its the Brian Graham Show. 451 with the main main up front on his own with Murray playing off occasionally. We need to enjoy the reality:aok::flag:

stantonsboots
06-07-2017, 05:35 PM
I find it a little weird that folk think this works with the club somehow being "due us" something.

The club will have set a player budget based on expected income and they may adjust that budget if they feel there are sustainable changes to that income.

The only "faith repaid by the club" I'm interested in is results next season. If Lennon can get them with Graham, Murray and Shaw up front then I'm delighted (I don't think he'll think that or that's what'll happen but as long as they get the results I honestly don't care).

They don't owe me a Cummings replacement for buying a season ticket and they certainly don't owe me a regular news update of who it is their working to bring in.

By all means be concerned that we'd probably like to have at least another couple of key signings already on board by now but presumably nobody here is daft enough to think that Hibs are doing nothing and it's also extremely unlikely that they're holding back announcements so I'm genuinely at a loss as to what people expect the club to do?

Is it really going to make you or anyone else here happy if the club post a cut and paste "we continue to work towards signing the players the manager wants for the upcoming season" press release on the club website?you better watch yourself speaking sense on here is becoming a hanging offence:top marksbut well said anyway

eastmainsmsh
06-07-2017, 07:14 PM
Ciftci stokes Henderson berry be nice

OxoHibby
06-07-2017, 07:25 PM
Any ideas on who we can get and afford. Signing existing players and loan players is welcome but not an incremental improvement more an standing still. A few new names sure but we are still light I feel.I know there must be a lot going on behind the scenes but the longer we wait the less time players have to work together..We do not want a packed midfield with too many similar players ,we will need to adapt styles more frequently this season so need at least one traditional goal scorer plus another to feed directly off him..eg.Gordon and O'Rourke ..AND ensuring our midfield players are far more consistent than last season.
I trust NL to get that right but we are on a countdown clock wise to first league match....I would guess NL is preparing for a bid to come in for J McGinn and will look to cover for that eventuality(in case we cannot keep him) as well as seeking Jason Cummings urgent quality replacement.
It is a case of wait and see I guess,but sooner rather than later please..:flag:

One along the lines of Steve Archibald when it happened would be a start