PDA

View Full Version : Dylan Mcgeouch

alihibs1
06-07-2017, 11:40 AM
Blackpool interested

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

ian cruise
06-07-2017, 11:42 AM
That's an odd one, he's a great player on his day but barely featured in last couple of seasons. I'd still want good money for him as he has the ability to be class and influential when he does play. Is there a previous link with any of the coaching staff or anything else which would have brought him to their attention?

KWJ
06-07-2017, 11:43 AM
That's an odd one, he's a great player on his day but barely featured in last couple of seasons. I'd still want good money for him as he has the ability to be class and influential when he does play. Is there a previous link with any of the coaching staff or anything else which would have brought him to their attention?

A low fee and a high sell on clause could work well however I'd rather he was a success with us.

.Sean.
06-07-2017, 11:44 AM
I'd rather keep him as he's one of our best players.

ian cruise
06-07-2017, 11:44 AM
A low fee and a high sell on clause could work well however I'd rather he was a success with us.

Given his injury history I'd not gamble on high sell on and would take a decent wedge now, if he had you go. Would prefer to keep him though. Is he in the last year of his contract?

Edit - just checked and he us, which will affect whatever we get offered for him. To be honest i'd be tempted to keep him and try get him to sign an extension rather than lose another of the squad.

Real Emerald
06-07-2017, 11:49 AM
I'd rather we kept all our good players if we could as getting them replaced appears to be challenging at the moment.

Sioux
06-07-2017, 11:51 AM
Who made this rumour up?

Brightside
06-07-2017, 11:52 AM
Who made this rumour up?

The sun. Tbh he's been watched by plenty teams. When fit he's one of our best players.

Since90+2
06-07-2017, 11:53 AM
Nah , i'd keep Dylan. If he can get himself fit (I know , maybe unlikely) next season he will be a massive asset against more attacking teams when he has more space to play.

Unless its a crazy offer , and knowing how English clubs view the Scottish leagues I would doubt it , I would keep him. They have probably offered something insulting like 150k or thereabouts aswell.

RoxburghHibs
The sun. Tbh he's been watched by plenty teams. When fit he's one of our best players.

Think they have gotten Fyvie and McGeough muddled up :wink:

Totally agree if we can keep him injury free we have a top class player and should do all we can to keep him.

cabbageandribs1875
sure i read somewhere that he really needs an op that would put him out for a full 6 months, hips or sommit :dunno: was hoping the club would organise the op but ask him to sign a longer contract to make up for the loss of him being out for 6 months.

could be nonsense though :hmmm:

CRAZYHIBBY
06-07-2017, 11:54 AM
Id rather keep him tbh... great player to have

SirDavidsNapper
06-07-2017, 11:57 AM
If he goes I'd be gutted. Arguably our best player when fit

MWHIBBIES
06-07-2017, 11:58 AM
If we let McGeouch and Fyvie go we'd save money on grass at Easter Road, ball would never be on the deck.

DTS
06-07-2017, 12:00 PM
Unless they come in and offer an excellent deal we shouldn't even be considering him leaving, we need signings not letting our best players go. Dylan fit starts every week ahead of the rest of our midfield

Stevie Reid
06-07-2017, 12:04 PM
I'd be amazed if any team contemplated paying a fee for someone who has played as little football as DM has in his career.

He's a natural footballer, whom I love watching, and on his day he really makes us tick - however, I've resigned myself to the fact that he's simply never going to be a regular starter for us. IF someone were to offer several hundreds of thousands of pounds for him, I think it would (and should) be looked at very seriously.

Sean1875
06-07-2017, 12:05 PM
He's such a frustrating one, as it's been said already when he's fit and on his game he's definitely one of the best players in the team - id like to hold on to him until at least January and see how he holds up before deciding on his future with the club though, hopefully he gets a decent pre season in!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LancsHibs
06-07-2017, 12:09 PM
Can't see it Blackpool are a basket case. Dodgy owners currently at high court in London being sued re clubs financial running

superfurryhibby
06-07-2017, 12:09 PM
I would be very surprised if anyone offered money for him, given his well known chronic injury situation. I also doubt very much whether Dylan will be offered a new contract by Hibs.

A fit Dylan would be a huge asset to the team, sadly we know by now that this is a pipedream. I suspect he is rarely as fit as other players through being unable to train as hard and only playing intermittently.

Big_Franck
06-07-2017, 12:12 PM
Given how little a lower league English side would pay for a Scottish player with a year left on his deal, i'd much rather we kept him. Even if he only plays 15-20 games next season he'll be more valuable to us than the pittance of a fee we'd receive.

Ell_Chrisso
06-07-2017, 12:13 PM
I'd rather keep him as he's one of our best players.

** When fit

matty_f
06-07-2017, 12:14 PM
Would much rather we kept him, one of our best players when he's in the team.

Stokesy's on fire
06-07-2017, 12:17 PM
Superb footballer and one we should aim to retain.

IncredibleHibee
06-07-2017, 12:25 PM
IMO the only reason he isn't still at Celtic is because he is injury prone. He is a class act and the best footballer at our club

flash
06-07-2017, 12:42 PM
If we let McGeouch and Fyvie go we'd save money on grass at Easter Road, ball would never be on the deck.

Aye McGinn and Swanson can't play. And we wouldn't replace him.

Broken Gnome
06-07-2017, 12:46 PM
No chuffing way should Dylan be leaving unless we're certain his likely contribution is approaching zilch.

Even allowing for how annoying his injuries are, I'd be amazed if this wasn't a rare thread of near-total agreement.

ian cruise
06-07-2017, 12:48 PM
Aye McGinn and Swanson can't play. And we wouldn't replace him.

The post you've quoted is a major overreaction but for me the main thing is around 5he money we'd likely get for him. Considering what was paid for Jace and Barry McKay (sp?) I'd imagine anything we receive for Dylan would be minimal and therefore I'd rather have him play than cash in.

MWHIBBIES
06-07-2017, 12:48 PM
Aye McGinn and Swanson can't play. And we wouldn't replace him.How does the ball get from McGregor/Ambrose/Hanlon to McGinn Swanson? They are totally wasted if they are taking the ball off the back 4. McGeouch and Fyvie were excellent at that.

Last season we often resorted to punting it if no one was taking it from the back 4 and McGinn had some of his poorest games when playing deeper.

Lago
06-07-2017, 01:55 PM
Like the Cummings rumor this will probably happen, unlike the one about players arriving:hibees

CMurdoch
06-07-2017, 02:04 PM
McGeough is a £3 million player in an egg shell body.
It is a sad case. I wish he was injury prone as another poster said.
Sadly it is a chronic injury for which there may never be a fix.
I see him leaving at the end of the season and taking a year out in an effort to resolve matters.

Brightside
06-07-2017, 02:27 PM
How does the ball get from McGregor/Ambrose/Hanlon to McGinn Swanson? They are totally wasted if they are taking the ball off the back 4. McGeouch and Fyvie were excellent at that.

Last season we often resorted to punting it if no one was taking it from the back 4 and McGinn had some of his poorest games when playing deeper.

Correct. An excellent pivot player.

SanFranHibs
06-07-2017, 02:29 PM
Correct. An excellent pivot player.

Just a pity that every time he pivots, he injures himself.

:greengrin

Big L
06-07-2017, 03:55 PM
How does the ball get from McGregor/Ambrose/Hanlon to McGinn Swanson? They are totally wasted if they are taking the ball off the back 4. McGeouch and Fyvie were excellent at that.

That was my thoughts when we let Fyvie go, it looks like we will be playing a long ball. The football wasn't as good last season as it was the two seasons before under Stubbs. imo.

confused
06-07-2017, 03:59 PM
Long ball , Murray and Boyle, up top, ?

Super_JMcGinn
06-07-2017, 04:10 PM
If he goes I'd be gutted. Arguably our best player when fit

That's where I am too, we missed him last season for sure.

lucky
06-07-2017, 04:22 PM
He's a good player but if we got a decent offer I'd sell as long as replacements have been lined up. He's too injury prone and spends too much time in the stand

Lago
06-07-2017, 04:55 PM
That was my thoughts when we let Fyvie go, it looks like we will be playing a long ball. The football wasn't as good last season as it was the two seasons before under Stubbs. imo.
Has Fyvie actually signed for anyone?

pacorosssco
06-07-2017, 05:00 PM
Given injuries cant see a club coming in for him unless hibs have made available?

sleeping giant
06-07-2017, 05:01 PM
Has Fyvie actually signed for anyone?

I thought he signed for Dundee United?

NAE NOOKIE
06-07-2017, 05:08 PM
I would be surprised if we were to receive an offer for Dylan given his possibly unresolvable injury problem ..... even if we did it would be daft of him to go to a looney bin like Blackpool FC.

In all honesty McGeouch probably wouldn't even be at Easter Road if it wasn't for the fact that he struggles to put a run in the team together, he's a super wee player. I would rather see him fit and playing for us than get £100,000 or something for him.

eastcoasthibby
06-07-2017, 05:10 PM
Given injuries cant see a club coming in for him unless hibs have made available?

We need to keep mcgeouch he is quality and the real playmaker.type who is rare to come by, yes he has had injury problems but we definitely need his ability, He links play up brilliantly and dictates games, so selling him what.would undoubtedly be for a minimal.fee, is just not worth it.
As we can see having some cash and trying to get good quality.
players in isn't easy at all, so keeping our best.players is vital. For some reason I think we.will see more of Dylan this season hence NL being willing to let fyvie go.

lord bunberry
06-07-2017, 05:12 PM
We need to keep Dylan and sort out what his problem is. The guys a class act and if we can sort out his injury problems he could be a player who goes into great things. He has the ability to get himself on the ball and pick a pass. He mustn't be sold.

superfurryhibby
06-07-2017, 05:18 PM
I would be surprised if we were to receive an offer for Dylan given his possibly unresolvable injury problem ..... even if we did it would be daft of him to go to a looney bin like Blackpool FC.

In all honesty McGeouch probably wouldn't even be at Easter Road if it wasn't for the fact that he struggles to put a run in the team together, he's a super wee player. I would rather see him fit and playing for us than get £100,000 or something for him.

I would take £100,000 for Dylan anytime. Add that to his no doubt considerable wage and you would go a long way to having the finances to secure a reasonably decent SPL standard midfielder. Wonderful player, but too often unavailable.

However, like you say, common sense tells you that no one would be daft enough to waste their money.

Keyser Sauzee
06-07-2017, 05:20 PM
I thought he signed for Dundee United?

Not yet I don't think, I still wouldn't be surprised if he signed for us again.

makaveli1875
06-07-2017, 05:22 PM
It will be much harder to replace Dylans quality than Fyvie , i hope he gets his issues sorted and stays at hibs and is able to stay off the treatment table .

Michael
06-07-2017, 05:22 PM
Would be surprised if a dodgy Blackpool side just that's come up from league 2 is an attractive option for McGeouch.

Golden Bear
06-07-2017, 05:49 PM
He doesn't play enough games and that's the crux of things as far as I'm concerned.

He's a player we can well afford to lose and I wouldn't shed any tears if he did go but quite honestly I can't see any other Club wanting him, simply because of his injury record.

bookert
06-07-2017, 05:55 PM
He doesn't play enough games and that's the crux of things as far as I'm concerned.

He's a player we can well afford to lose and I wouldn't shed any tears if he did go but quite honestly I can't see any other Club wanting him, simply because of his injury record.
Not sure I agree, imo he is a player we would miss and do miss when he's not playing. We play at a quicker tempo when he's in the team. Losing him and Fyvie would be a blow as both look to continually take the ball from the back four.

Fuzzywuzzy
06-07-2017, 06:03 PM
http://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/sport/football/blackpool-fc/blackpool-linked-with-trio-of-midfielders-1-8635415

JohnM1875
06-07-2017, 06:10 PM
http://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/sport/football/blackpool-fc/blackpool-linked-with-trio-of-midfielders-1-8635415

Jesus, Blackpool love a wee bit of the Hibs eh! They don't care which Hibs either by the looks of it.

Blackfordhibby
06-07-2017, 06:49 PM
Jesus, Blackpool love a wee bit of the Hibs eh! They don't care which Hibs either by the looks of it.

Think Ben Williams is there as well.

Golden Bear
06-07-2017, 06:56 PM
Not sure I agree, imo he is a player we would miss and do miss when he's not playing. We play at a quicker tempo when he's in the team. Losing him and Fyvie would be a blow as both look to continually take the ball from the back four.

Fyvie most definitely.

ian cruise
06-07-2017, 07:25 PM
Not yet I don't think, I still wouldn't be surprised if he signed for us again.

Given the various chat that's been going on, news stories stirring the pot, etc, I'd be very surprised if he did re-sign with Hibs but I'd absolutely love it to happen.

Come on Fraser, come on Hibs, get it sorted

Keyser Sauzee
06-07-2017, 07:31 PM
Given the various chat that's been going on, news stories stirring the pot, etc, I'd be very surprised if he did re-sign with Hibs but I'd absolutely love it to happen.

Come on Fraser, come on Hibs, get it sorted

True, I don't have any knowledge to suggest that what I'm saying is right, I just have a hunch that it might not be dead in the water just yet.