PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: ALLAN AND MACKIE JOIN EDINBURGH CITY ON LOAN

RSS Bot
06-07-2017, 10:20 AM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/7648)

Speedway
06-07-2017, 10:21 AM
Donaldson, Waugh, Mackie, Allan, Forster....clearing the decks.

Cabbage East
06-07-2017, 10:25 AM
Two out, two in. By 5pm. Done deal. ITK. Can't reveal my source. Blah blah blah.

Vault Boy
06-07-2017, 10:26 AM
Good luck lads.

J-C
06-07-2017, 10:45 AM

Clearing the decks?

3 are on development loans, Allan is nowhere near good enough for 1st team and Jordan left to get game time when Efe signed.

Billy Whizz
06-07-2017, 10:51 AM
Only Foster was a 1st team player, and the rest are following Hibs youth strategy, of getting games under their belt at a higher level than. Development league

But I get your point.......

Pretty Boy
06-07-2017, 10:52 AM
Can't help but think Lewis Allan is approaching the end of the road at Hibs. He's 20 now and I think he has 2 competitive first team appearance. It's a shame as he had a lot of potential when he was younger but had that nasty back problem and that set him back. I just can't see him getting a new deal now.

Mackie is younger and I think this is competitive experience for him. He will be Lewis Stevensons long term successor imo.

Billy Whizz
06-07-2017, 11:27 AM
Also great to see Hibs supporting local clubs like Berwick and City with young players. Obviously suits us, but helps both of them too

KWJ
06-07-2017, 11:41 AM
Can't help but think Lewis Allan is approaching the end of the road at Hibs. He's 20 now and I think he has 2 competitive first team appearance. It's a shame as he had a lot of potential when he was younger but had that nasty back problem and that set him back. I just can't see him getting a new deal now.

Mackie is younger and I think this is competitive experience for him. He will be Lewis Stevensons long term successor imo.

Mackie better than Crane?

Pretty Boy
06-07-2017, 11:51 AM
Mackie better than Crane?

Yes imo. It's an age thing as well.

Crane is 21 and, like Allan, has made minimal to no impact in the 1st team. He's probably already half way out the door in the last chance saloon. Mackie is 18 and we worked very, very hard to make sure we got him from Raith. It wouldn't surprise me to see him blooded in the 1st team if he does well at EC.

since90plustwo
06-07-2017, 04:56 PM
Was at Edin City v Raith last night. Allan scored a really composed goal and was generally a nuicence. Mackie was decent

eastcoasthibby
06-07-2017, 05:00 PM
Yes imo. It's an age thing as well.

Crane is 21 and, like Allan, has made minimal to no impact in the 1st team. He's probably already half way out the door in the last chance saloon. Mackie is 18 and we worked very, very hard to make sure we got him from Raith. It wouldn't surprise me to see him blooded in the 1st team if he does well at EC.
I will be interested to see if / how.Mackie develops this season, as played second fiddle to Crane last season in development team, until Crane got injured. In my view Crane just falls short of the level we need, yet.looked a fairbit better than Mackie ...hence interested.to see how things go at City with Mackie !!