PDA

View Full Version : NHC Man Utd agree £75 million deal for Lukaku

FGR2016
06-07-2017, 09:43 AM
As it says on the tin. Good value for money? Could be the kind of signing that wins Utd the league imo

Smartie
06-07-2017, 09:46 AM
There's no doubt that on his day he is a superb player.

I've always viewed Lukaku as temperamental, inconsistent, huffy and blows hot and cold.

It's a risky one. He might relish the opportunity on a bigger stage, screw the nut and excel.

He might freeze and struggle to make the step up.

I do find it hard to see where the big English clubs can find players who will actually improve their teams though. At least Lukaku has a proven track record of scoring in the Premier League.

Iain G
06-07-2017, 09:49 AM

I've always viewed Lukaku as temperamental, inconsistent, huffy and blows hot and cold.

It's a risky one. He might relish the opportunity on a bigger stage, screw the nut and excel.

I do find it hard to see where the big English clubs can find players who will actually improve their teams though. At least Lukaku has a proven track record of scoring in the Premier League.

Think there are better options for the money being talked about and it's a lot of money for such an inconsistent player.

EdinMike
06-07-2017, 09:49 AM
Meh... nuff said. £75 million. The world's gone mad. Well Sky Money has.

FGR2016
06-07-2017, 09:55 AM

I'd definitely agree with the part in bold, when he wanted away from Everton last season it was clear for everyone to see by the way he was playing. Just didn't seem interested at times. Be interesting to see if can step it up a bit now he has the European football that he's been craving

Smartie
06-07-2017, 09:57 AM
Think there are better options for the money being talked about and it's a lot of money for such an inconsistent player.

Who though?

And where from?

Pogba looked superb for Juve and he has struggled to justify his transfer fee.

There aren't that many standout players at the moment who wouldn't represent some sort of risk.

Signing a player for that sum of money heaps a lot of pressure and expectation onto them and makes it harder still for them to meet expectations.

As soon as a big English club comes calling then the asking price rockets.

Stevie Reid
06-07-2017, 10:09 AM
I often balk at EPL prices these days, but I have no issue with this really - 24 years old and has 85 Premiership goals in 154 starts, the vast majority of them with mid-lower EPL teams. Overall scoring ratio across all comps and including full internationals is 127 goals in 242 starts.

Good business for both sides I would say. He'll have his off days as any player does, but he's definitely not inconsistent as others on here have said.

Cabbage East
06-07-2017, 10:15 AM
Joke league.

Iain G
06-07-2017, 10:16 AM
Who though?

And where from?

There aren't that many standout players at the moment who wouldn't represent some sort of risk.

Signing a player for that sum of money heaps a lot of pressure and expectation onto them and makes it harder still for them to meet expectations.

They could get Griffith's for £175k 😉

Seriously though what happened to their interest in Morata? Would be a much better option for them I think.

GreenNWhiteArmy
06-07-2017, 10:22 AM
I often balk at EPL prices these days, but I have no issue with this really - 24 years old and has 85 Premiership goals in 154 starts, the vast majority of them with mid-lower EPL teams. Overall scoring ratio across all comps and including full internationals is 127 goals in 242 starts.

Good business for both sides I would say. He'll have his off days as any player does, but he's definitely not inconsistent as others on here have said.

Yep, my thoughts also :agree:

J-C
06-07-2017, 10:23 AM
Who though?

And where from?

They wanted Griezmann from Athletico but couldn't agree a deal with club/player, Lukaku is a proven scorer with 71 in 133 since he signed and 88 in 166 games for a very average Everton team. If he gets the service, he'll score goals.

heretoday
06-07-2017, 10:29 AM
The thing about Lukaku is his strength. When he's going at a defence he's virtually unstoppable. And he's great at holding the ball up and laying it off. He's quite an old-fashioned centre forward really. A lot depends on United's style of play. He wouldn't suit Chelsea I'd imagine. He's not as mobile as Costa or Drogba.

easty
06-07-2017, 10:33 AM
Great signing. It's a lot of money, nae doubt about that, but he's a proven goalscorer in the EPL. He'll score a load of goals for Man Utd.

Callum_62
06-07-2017, 10:35 AM
Out of all the folk they were linked with, always said Lukakau would be a better bet

Proven scorer u. EPL, great signing if they get it over the line

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GreenNWhiteArmy
06-07-2017, 10:38 AM
They wanted Griezmann from Athletico but couldn't agree a deal with club/player, Lukaku is a proven scorer with 71 in 133 since he signed and 88 in 166 games for a very average Everton team. If he gets the service, he'll score goals.

Griezmann would be a utd player if the transfer ban was lifted. They were happy to pay the 80 odd million release clause and already agree a contract with the player, allegedly. When the ban wasn't lifted the player said he couldn't leave Atletico. I'm sure he signed an extension but the release clause remains the same (for anyone wanting to buy next season)

I think Kane is a better all round forward but Lukaku as you say is a proven EPL player which matters when recruiting

lord bunberry
06-07-2017, 10:40 AM
Apparently Rooney is going back to Everton.

Since90+2
06-07-2017, 10:41 AM
Not even sure Harry Kane would leave Spurs to go to Man Utd. It would probably take about double what they are paying for Lukaku and a ridiculous wage.

Lukaku is still only 24 and could be a top top player for Man Utd over the next 6 or 7 years.

ian cruise
06-07-2017, 10:42 AM
Not even sure Harry Kane would leave Spurs to go to Man Utd. It would probably take about double what they are paying for Lukaku and a ridicilous wage.

Lukaku is still only 24 and could be a top top player for Man Utd over the next 6 or 7 years.

Sure Levy came out and said he would value him astound £200 million. No one is paying that for a after, even in this day and age.

yonder1875
06-07-2017, 10:42 AM
Disgusting money.

MWHIBBIES
06-07-2017, 10:43 AM
People laughed at 30 mill for Rooney in 2004, he was worth every penny. Lukaku will do really well for United, sadly.

J-C
06-07-2017, 10:48 AM
Griezmann would be a utd player if the transfer ban was lifted. They were happy to pay the 80 odd million release clause and already agree a contract with the player, allegedly. When the ban wasn't lifted the player said he couldn't leave Atletico. I'm sure he signed an extension but the release clause remains the same (for anyone wanting to buy next season)

I think Kane is a better all round forward but Lukaku as you say is a proven EPL player which matters when recruiting

Thanks for clearing up the Griezmann facts, couldn't remember what happened, just that it fell through and he signed a new extension.

J-C
06-07-2017, 10:50 AM

Good move for him, only have a couple more years at that level and is still well respected at Everton, he'll give them much needed experience.

Souter96Mac
06-07-2017, 10:53 AM
Quality player, but silly money. Tbf Everton will need the 75m if they are looking to pay Rooney's wages..I'd give Barkley a better contract imo.

easty
06-07-2017, 10:55 AM

Good move all round.

He's no the player he once was, but still good enough to play every week for most EPL teams, but not Man Utd.

Can see Rooney having a good season. I expect they'll still need to sign a good striker though, as Rooney won't score them the goals Lukaku did.

FGR2016
06-07-2017, 11:01 AM
Good move all round.

He's no the player he once was, but still good enough to play every week for most EPL teams, but not Man Utd.

Can see Rooney having a good season. I expect they'll still need to sign a good striker though, as Rooney won't score them the goals Lukaku did.

There's talk of them going for Giroud from Arsenal. Could see him and Rooney forming a good partnership.

easty
06-07-2017, 11:04 AM
There's talk of them going for Giroud from Arsenal. Could see him and Rooney forming a good partnership.

Would Giroud go? Can see him getting a better move than that.

FGR2016
06-07-2017, 11:11 AM
Would Giroud go? Can see him getting a better move than that.
Could definitely get a better move I think.

Money talks though and Everton seem to be throwing it about at the moment.

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

hibsbollah
06-07-2017, 11:40 AM

I think Giroud is Marseille bound.

.Sean.
06-07-2017, 11:42 AM
Couldn't give a *****, I honestly hate English football. Nothing worse than these fannies you see down the boozer in Spurs, Chelsea, Man City etc tops chugging over some foreign ponce in pink boots, while thinking they're too good to support a Scottish team.

Hand on heart id rather watch Alloa Brechin on Alba. At least you can semi relate to it.

Hibernia&Alba
06-07-2017, 11:45 AM
As a United fan I'm flabbergasted. Aye he's a good player, but is he good enough to play for a club the size of United, let alone for £75 million?

Smartie
06-07-2017, 12:28 PM
As a United fan I'm flabbergasted. Aye he's a good player, but is he good enough to play for a club the size of United, let alone for £75 million?

United have a fairly good track record of success with players who have been plucked from fairly obscure clubs, let alone someone who has a good track record for a decent club like Everton playing at the same level as United do.

Is it that much of a step up to go from a club trying to scrape 7th in the EPL to a club trying to scrape into 4th?

KeithTheHibby
06-07-2017, 12:38 PM
They had a guy in Zlatan who scored 25 goals last season yet they looked honking and so negative. Lukaku won't make any difference.

Jose needs plenty other players before you can even consider winning the league. A change in approach wouldn't go amiss either.

Hibernia&Alba
06-07-2017, 12:41 PM
United have a fairly good track record of success with players who have been plucked from fairly obscure clubs, let alone someone who has a good track record for a decent club like Everton playing at the same level as United do.

Is it that much of a step up to go from a club trying to scrape 7th in the EPL to a club trying to scrape into 4th?

It's a huge step up from being Everton's main striker to Manchester United's main striker at £75 million. He did very well for Everton last season; now he'll be expected to produce in the Champions League against the best in Europe. I hope he proves equal to the task.

Pretty Boy
06-07-2017, 12:42 PM
Lukaku just screams being a Mourinho style forwards.

Big, strong and quick over the distances he needs to be. He'll do well at Man Utd.

ShinyFantastic
06-07-2017, 01:43 PM
Very surprised Mourinho is signing him after he totally fell out with him at Chelsea and sold him....

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
06-07-2017, 02:31 PM
Quality player, but silly money. Tbf Everton will need the 75m if they are looking to pay Rooney's wages..I'd give Barkley a better contract imo.

I keep reading the silly money comments, but if man utd habe that much, what else are they supposed to do with their cash?

They are a football club, amd so they spend their revenue on their team. Going rate for a top centre forward with a long contract.

I agree its a lot of money, but man u have always paid big mo ey - 7m for andy cole at the time was enormous, as was 25m for Rooney.

They are a very rich club, playing in the richest league, therefore they spend a lot of money on their team.

HibernianJK
06-07-2017, 02:47 PM
It's a huge step up from being Everton's main striker to Manchester United's main striker at £75 million. He did very well for Everton last season; now he'll be expected to produce in the Champions League against the best in Europe. I hope he proves equal to the task.

United and Everton will be playing the same number of Champions League games next season. Zero.

J-C
06-07-2017, 02:48 PM
United and Everton will be playing the same number of Champions League games next season. Zero.

You do realise Man U qualified for the champions league by winning the Europa League cup.

JohnM1875
06-07-2017, 02:49 PM

That's wrong. Man Utd won the Europa League, which enters them to the champions league. Not sure at what stage, but regardless, fancy them to qualify

Hibernia&Alba
06-07-2017, 02:51 PM
That's wrong. Man Utd won the Europa League, which enters them to the champions league. Not sure at what stage, but regardless, fancy them to qualify

Straight into group stages.

CRAZYHIBBY
06-07-2017, 03:08 PM
With the amount of people living in poverty in the uk yet football clubs can pay 75 million for a guy to kick a ball is absolutely disgusting

MWHIBBIES
06-07-2017, 03:10 PM
United and Everton will be playing the same number of Champions League games next season. Zero.:faf:

Dalianwanda
06-07-2017, 03:16 PM
With the amount of people living in poverty in the uk yet football clubs can pay 75 million for a guy to kick a ball is absolutely disgusting

I don't get that argument. They are a business who pay tax. As long as they are doing that then it's up to the government to sort out the poverty with resources available.

Pete
06-07-2017, 03:19 PM
A hooftastic signing.

BlackSheep
06-07-2017, 06:29 PM

:faf: :faf: :faf:

brianmc
06-07-2017, 06:43 PM
I remember hearing some interesting facts on a Talksport discussion show a few weeks ago about Lukaku: He had scored 24 league goals and Everton were 7th.
If you took all his goals out of the equation Everton would've finished....?
Seventh!
Apparently, despite being a prolific scorer, he hadn't scored any match winners. Instead he'd scored goals against late on in games once the points were already in the bag.

*No idea if this is correct or not, just thought that if it was right it was fairly interesting.

heretoday
06-07-2017, 06:54 PM
Very surprised Mourinho is signing him after he totally fell out with him at Chelsea and sold him....

Everton sources say no deal or agreement has been reached. Chelsea could still come in with a bid.

hibs#1
06-07-2017, 07:02 PM

He also sold Juan Mata but he's been an important player for him at Man Utd.

There aren't an awful lot of out and out strikers out there any more,so not a lot of choice for the big teams or any team in fact,I think he has every thing jose likes ins a striker,still young and played a lot of games at a good level seems like a no brainer to me.

hibsbollah
06-07-2017, 07:03 PM

:agree: It's hard to argue with you. That sum would train over 1000 new nurses for the NHS right there. Or pay the ones we have a better wage.

From a business point of view it's not surprising though. The prize money in England ranges from 97 million for bottom of the league to 150million for the champions. So paying astronomical fees and wages can make sense and start to pay for itself in terms of league position alone, and that's leaving aside the cups and of course the champions league, who have a prize fund of £1billion every year. Hard to believe, £6million bonanza just for finishing top of your group.

OsloHibs
06-07-2017, 07:42 PM
I'd rather have the 75 million tbh. If I was Man utd, I would have put that money towards Harry Kane- I think he's a cracking player.

Zazu62
06-07-2017, 08:42 PM
Doesn't he have a really poor record against 'the top 4'/big games? English football just isn't the same for me anymore most of the games are boring

RossScott1991
06-07-2017, 08:44 PM
By no means an expert on english football but from what i always hear/read is that Lukaku's first touch is apparently awful, can't say I've watched much of him though to judge if thats the case. Probably fit in at well at man utd, since they have been eye bleeding to watch for a number of years now. Big battering ram up top

HibernianJK
06-07-2017, 09:46 PM
You do realise Man U qualified for the champions league by winning the Europa League cup.

Straight into group stages.

:faf:

:faf: :faf: :faf:

Well that did not go as planned boys, one to forget and move on!

J-C
06-07-2017, 09:48 PM
Well that did not go as planned boys, one to forget and move on!

What exactly was your point which didn't go to plan?

HibernianJK
06-07-2017, 09:53 PM
What exactly was your point which didn't go to plan?

The post said he would need to come in and lead the line in the Champions league, which is different to being at Everton in the PL.

I thought that point was moot as they weren't in the Champions League.

hfc rd
06-07-2017, 09:58 PM
I'd rather have the 75 million tbh. If I was Man utd, I would have put that money towards Harry Kane- I think he's a cracking player.

I'd take Kane as well but Daniel Levy ain't an easy man to deal with.

jacomo
06-07-2017, 09:59 PM
By no means an expert on english football but from what i always hear/read is that Lukaku's first touch is apparently awful, can't say I've watched much of him though to judge if thats the case. Probably fit in at well at man utd, since they have been eye bleeding to watch for a number of years now. Big battering ram up top

Toffees say he's got the touch of a kerbstone.

But he's also a tank and he scores goals.

Scouse Hibee
06-07-2017, 11:18 PM
I remember hearing some interesting facts on a Talksport discussion show a few weeks ago about Lukaku: He had scored 24 league goals and Everton were 7th.
Seventh!
Apparently, despite being a prolific scorer, he hadn't scored any match winners. Instead he'd scored goals against late on in games once the points were already in the bag.

*No idea if this is correct or not, just thought that if it was right it was fairly interesting.

Sounds about right for Lukawho.

MWHIBBIES
06-07-2017, 11:35 PM
Seventh!

*No idea if this is correct or not, just thought that if it was right it was fairly interesting.Thing is, there was a massive difference between 7th and 8th and say Lukaku scores to make it 2-0 or 3-1, those goals are still really important but wouldn't count under that stat.

CallumLaidlaw
06-07-2017, 11:35 PM
Sounds about right for Lukawho.

Yet it's absolute rubbish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

J-C
07-07-2017, 12:33 AM
The post said he would need to come in and lead the line in the Champions league, which is different to being at Everton in the PL.

I thought that point was moot as they weren't in the Champions League.

Your mistake was adding Man U not playing in the champions league either, which they are, hence all the posts :greengrin

monktonharp
07-07-2017, 01:17 AM
The thing about Lukaku is his strength. When he's going at a defence he's virtually unstoppable. And he's great at holding the ball up and laying it off. He's quite an old-fashioned centre forward really. A lot depends on United's style of play. He wouldn't suit Chelsea I'd imagine. He's not as mobile as Costa or Drogba.deary me. you a right Hibs man yeh? seem to know a fair bit about the English/foreign players btw.£75m must be the going rate for a player then.:rolleyes: personally I find that rather disgusting end of

MWHIBBIES
07-07-2017, 01:48 AM
deary me. you a right Hibs man yeh? seem to know a fair bit about the English/foreign players btw.£75m must be the going rate for a player then.:rolleyes: personally I find that rather disgusting end of

Plenty more disgusting things in life than football transfer fees which are really quite harmless in reality. No one ever died because Man United bought a new forward.

Dont see much wrong with being knowledgeable about other leagues, doesnt make the poster less interested in Hibs. Football is entertainment, we all love Hibs but Hibs dont play every day of the week.

Iain G
07-07-2017, 09:29 AM
Ihenacho from City to Leicester for £25m is a bargain compared to £75m for Lukaku :greengrin

CapitalGreen
07-07-2017, 09:37 AM
deary me. you a right Hibs man yeh? seem to know a fair bit about the English/foreign players btw.£75m must be the going rate for a player then.:rolleyes: personally I find that rather disgusting end of

Don't drink and post kids

hfc rd
07-07-2017, 12:24 PM

Jeez, there is no harm having a bit of football knowledge outside of Hibs. The thread is about Lukaku joining Utd for £75M, what were you expecting?

Stevie Reid
07-07-2017, 12:33 PM
Seventh!

Had a very quick look at their results last season on Wikipedia, and it's definitely not true.

HibernianJK
07-07-2017, 02:51 PM
Your mistake was adding Man U not playing in the champions league either, which they are, hence all the posts :greengrin

Yes that's why quietly tried to dismiss it and move on. Not my finest moment :agree:

DirtyDeeds
07-07-2017, 02:56 PM

Just the standard reactionary/confrontational type message everyones come to expect from this particular poster.

Edit - not you!

Sylar
07-07-2017, 03:20 PM
Jeez, there is no harm having a bit of football knowledge outside of Hibs. The thread is about Lukaku joining Utd for £75M, what were you expecting?

I often wonder that generally on this forum.

Threads appear about (for example) rugby, and some walloper appears prattling on about how much they hate rugby...

I get that sometimes thread titles can be vague, but if the title was insufficient here (it wasn't), the NHC was a sure giveaway...

Pete
07-07-2017, 03:38 PM

Disagree. Keeps the message board ticking over.

...and my post count would be about six.

Michael
07-07-2017, 04:47 PM
Ihenacho from City to Leicester for £25m is a bargain compared to £75m for Lukaku :greengrin

2 minutes ago he was footballs next superstar and now he's going to Leicester? He's only 20 too...maybe City will buy him back for £80m in a few years.

MWHIBBIES
07-07-2017, 04:57 PM
2 minutes ago he was footballs next superstar and now he's going to Leicester? He's only 20 too...maybe City will buy him back for £80m in a few years.City will put a buy back clause in the deal. He just doesn't fit Peps system.

Tobias Funke
07-07-2017, 08:28 PM
Chelsea have matched Man Utds 75M bid.

Andy74
07-07-2017, 08:34 PM
I often wonder that generally on this forum.

Threads appear about (for example) rugby, and some walloper appears prattling on about how much they hate rugby...

I get that sometimes thread titles can be vague, but if the title was insufficient here (it wasn't), the NHC was a sure giveaway...

Rugby is crap though so that's worth saying at any stage.

Hibernia&Alba
07-07-2017, 08:42 PM
Chelsea have matched Man Utds 75M bid.

Personally, I hope he goes to Chelsea and United go for somebody else. £75 million? I'm not convinced.

hibsbollah
07-07-2017, 09:07 PM
Personally, I hope he goes to Chelsea and United go for somebody else. £75 million? I'm not convinced.

He's a perfect replacement for Diego Costa now I come to think about it. I doubt Jose will tolerate getting publicly outbid for such a high profile player though so the fee could go up and up!

pacorosssco
07-07-2017, 09:07 PM

Torress and Chenko were as good as youd think a solid buy. Guaranteed goals. Players at top of game. Big money but didnt work out. Nothing is a given

Pete
07-07-2017, 09:16 PM
If he joins Chelsea, will that be his third spell there? Almost unheard of.

You think he'd learn his lesson by now.

Tobias Funke
07-07-2017, 09:24 PM
I am a big fan of Lukaku but 75M? Ridiculous price tag.

Tobias Funke
07-07-2017, 09:26 PM
If he joins Chelsea, will that be his third spell there? Almost unheard of.

You think he'd learn his lesson by now.

Will be his second spell. Had a couple of loans from Chelsea before finally joining Everton.

pacorosssco
07-07-2017, 11:53 PM
Couldn't give a *****, I honestly hate English football. Nothing worse than these fannies you see down the boozer in Spurs, Chelsea, Man City etc tops chugging over some foreign ponce in pink boots, while thinking they're too good to support a Scottish team.

Hand on heart id rather watch Alloa Brechin on Alba. At least you can semi relate to it.

Top post. Bang on.

hfc rd
07-07-2017, 11:59 PM
Lots of gossip on social media claiming Lukaku to Man Utd is a done deal. Rooney heading the other way.

pacorosssco
08-07-2017, 12:07 AM
Lots of gossip on social media claiming Lukaku to Man Utd is a done deal. Rooney heading the other way.

Rooney on recent form is shirt sales aside a risky buy on wages alone for everton and squad harmony

heretoday
08-07-2017, 12:12 AM
It's a bidding war.

hfc rd
08-07-2017, 12:14 AM
Alan Myers confirming on Twitter that Lukaku is on his way to becoming a United player. He's as reliable as it gets to Everton moves.

Onceinawhile
08-07-2017, 12:33 PM
1 in 3 (3 in 9) record against the top 6 last year. Only zlatan was better (Not including penalties) with 2 in 5.

Frogga
08-07-2017, 01:45 PM
Championship Wolves have just signed Porto's best young talents for ~£15 million. English football's gone mad :dizzy:

Hibernia&Alba
08-07-2017, 03:08 PM
Up to £90 million with add ons!! Everton getting the better end of the transfer, IMHO. Time will tell, but he's massively overpriced. We'll see what happens

emerald green
08-07-2017, 05:41 PM
Lukaku reportedly turned down a contract worth £140,000 per week from Everton last week.

Chelsea were not willing to match the fees Lukaku's agent would "earn" (for doing what exactly?) if Lukaku moved to Old Trafford.

08-07-2017, 06:47 PM

Totally agree. Over rated as **** and the heart and soul has been totally ripped out it. Anfield, Old Trafford, Standford Bridge etc is filled with tourists more interested in watching the game from behind their cameras than genuine fans.

Most Man Utd, Liverpool, Chelsea, Man City, Arsenal etc "fans", certainly in this country anyway, have never been to a game in their lives.

Scouse Hibee
08-07-2017, 10:54 PM
Totally agree. Over rated as **** and the heart and soul has been totally ripped out it. Anfield, Old Trafford, Standford Bridge etc is filled with tourists more interested in watching the game from behind their cameras than genuine fans.

Most Man Utd, Liverpool, Chelsea, Man City, Arsenal etc "fans", certainly in this country anyway, have never been to a game in their lives.

Utter pish, I think you are totally underestimating the fact that real supporters of the teams you have mentioned actually exist!

monktonharp
08-07-2017, 11:10 PM
Plenty more disgusting things in life than football transfer fees which are really quite harmless in reality. No one ever died because Man United bought a new forward.

Dont see much wrong with being knowledgeable about other leagues, doesnt make the poster less interested in Hibs. Football is entertainment, we all love Hibs but Hibs dont play every day of the week.aye, 75 million pounds is quite harmless in this modern day world. millions of human beings, people like you and I, die because of basic food and water on a daily basis but what the hell would 75 million pounds make in the difference of that, who knows and who cares.

monktonharp
08-07-2017, 11:13 PM
Don't drink and post kidsdon't reply to serious posts, unless you have something serious to say, whatever hour of the day that happens.

hfc rd
09-07-2017, 02:28 AM
Up to £90 million with add ons!! Everton getting the better end of the transfer, IMHO. Time will tell, but he's massively overpriced. We'll see what happens

Came across this mate over on Redcafe:-

http://pbs.twimg.com/media/DENRF2-XYAEM5Br.jpg

pacorosssco
09-07-2017, 03:08 AM
Not fault of player but football is dead. Money that feeds Fifa Uefa and agents is beyond what football was about. Money not medals. Robbing game to benefit few and sir alex hes got a cheek and a half

HH81
09-07-2017, 05:12 AM
Since Alex left they haven't have got the cheque book out.

90 million on a poor Pogba and now 75 on this guy.

Football is mental.

Pedantic_Hibee
09-07-2017, 08:17 AM
don't reply to serious posts, unless you have something serious to say, whatever hour of the day that happens.

Back on the sauce for a second night it would seem 😂😂

FilipinoHibs
09-07-2017, 08:24 AM
Back on the sauce for a second night it would seem 😂😂

How can you tell a serious from a non-serious on here?

Phil MaGlass
09-07-2017, 08:33 AM
Even with Lukaku. Man U still are not good enough, no balance in the team, nae sense paying loads of millions for players when they cant play well together. Ahll eat ma Hibs hat if they win the league this year.:greengrin

Tyler Durden
09-07-2017, 09:23 AM
Since Alex left they haven't have got the cheque book out.

90 million on a poor Pogba and now 75 on this guy.

Football is mental.

It's just inflation basically, more money in the game for the lesser English teams so prices driven up.

Ferguson was buying Nani and Anderson for £20m each, RVP for £30m.... he wasn't really any different

Pedantic_Hibee
09-07-2017, 09:54 AM
How can you tell a serious from a non-serious on here?

Smileys I would imagine.

This particular chap does like to get pissed and irrationally abuse people late at night however, that much is true.

FilipinoHibs
09-07-2017, 09:55 AM
Smileys I would imagine.

This particular chap does like to get pissed and irrationally abuse people late at night however, that much is true.
😀😀😀😀

heretoday
09-07-2017, 01:01 PM
Even with Lukaku. Man U still are not good enough, no balance in the team, nae sense paying loads of millions for players when they cant play well together. Ahll eat ma Hibs hat if they win the league this year.:greengrin

They're dull to watch - certainly not the swashbuckling teams of old - but the fans won't bother. They won two trophies along the way!

Pete
09-07-2017, 02:34 PM
Wayne Rooneh joins Everton on a two year deal.

Scousers definitely getting the better deal here.

monktonharp
09-07-2017, 09:58 PM
Smileys I would imagine.

This particular chap does like to get pissed and irrationally abuse people late at night however, that much is true.ok Mr Pedantic, please apologise for your personal abuse of me . some people can not get access , or find time to be on their pc until ate evening for various reasons and I find your comments deplorable, and a personal insult. furthermore, please show which people I have irrationally abused on this site. !!!!

monktonharp
09-07-2017, 10:00 PM
😀😀😀😀your smileys suggest the same remarks as Mr Pedantic. my post refers to you too.

lyonhibs
10-07-2017, 07:01 AM

Knowledge of football in general and non Hibs players does not make one any less of a "Hibs man"

Sylar
10-07-2017, 07:53 AM

I recall you, in response to a thread posted by Hibbyradge, saying that the NHC before a thread title 'really, really does matter'.

Ergo, if the English Premiership and it's exorbitant transfer fees (which I share your disgust of as it happens) are such a bugbear to you, why did you click on a clearly 'NHC' thread about the English Premiership?

I find it risible that somehow having knowledge of players/leagues beyond the SPL somehow brings into question one's credentials as a 'Hibs man'.

Hibernia&Alba
10-07-2017, 04:14 PM
Officially signed for United. Massive money; he'll need to hit the ground running. I wish him well; he faces constant scrutiny now.

monktonharp
10-07-2017, 09:20 PM
I recall you, in response to a thread posted by Hibbyradge, saying that the NHC before a thread title 'really, really does matter'.

Ergo, if the English Premiership and it's exorbitant transfer fees (which I share your disgust of as it happens) are such a bugbear to you, why did you click on a clearly 'NHC' thread about the English Premiership?

I find it risible that somehow having knowledge of players/leagues beyond the SPL somehow brings into question one's credentials as a 'Hibs man'.I take your point, and agree. the fact remains though that someone has recently insulted me personally by accusing me if things that have not actually happened. I await his response to my remarks.

Pedantic_Hibee
10-07-2017, 09:33 PM
ok Mr Pedantic, please apologise for your personal abuse of me . some people can not get access , or find time to be on their pc until ate evening for various reasons and I find your comments deplorable, and a personal insult. furthermore, please show which people I have irrationally abused on this site. !!!!

Monkton, more than happy enough and big enough to apologise if my comment was off the mark and unfounded.

I just noticed a pattern of late night niggles from you where it seemed like you wanted to pick a fight with anyone and took umbrage at almost anything.

We're all Hibbies at the end of the day so please accept my sincerest for any offence caused :aok:

MWHIBBIES
10-07-2017, 09:45 PM
aye, 75 million pounds is quite harmless in this modern day world. millions of human beings, people like you and I, die because of basic food and water on a daily basis but what the hell would 75 million pounds make in the difference of that, who knows and who cares.Manchester United are spending the money, not UNICEF. It really has nothing to do with poverty.

jacomo
10-07-2017, 10:55 PM
Manchester United are spending the money, not UNICEF. It really has nothing to do with poverty.

And where do Man U get the money from?

Follow the cash and you find a stratospherically wealthy elite acquiring more and more money by the minute.

We all pay into this system, and it's broken.

monktonharp
10-07-2017, 11:21 PM
Monkton, more than happy enough and big enough to apologise if my comment was off the mark and unfounded.

I just noticed a pattern of late night niggles from you where it seemed like you wanted to pick a fight with anyone and took umbrage at almost anything.

We're all Hibbies at the end of the day so please accept my sincerest for any offence caused :aok:I gratefully accept your comment. one can go a bit over the top, when having a few drinks late on, but I do only come on late at night because of other commitments throughout the day , for family and work.

monktonharp
10-07-2017, 11:23 PM
Manchester United are spending the money, not UNICEF. It really has nothing to do with poverty.we all have our different angle on what is fine in life. each to their own.

pacorosssco
11-07-2017, 12:07 AM
we all have our different angle on what is fine in life. each to their own.

Yes we all look different view points but it is imo onbscene the money from game that is taken out from agents and Fifa Uefa. They live on this. Unicef is no better little sees those who need and a quid donated is reduced by admin charge that benefits unicef more than those whos people donation is intended for. Football is dead. Sir:( Alex the man from glasgow ship yards and the socialist. He who complaimed Rangers his own team as kid and Celtics dirty games from challenge of his Aberdeen. Then embraced the idea of elite leagues 1-4 positons having pass over league winners others countries. The man from glasgow embraced having ability sign best of competiton domestically to reduce challenge. Lukaku is not to blame it is Fifa Uefa who have sold the game from people to rich. From medals to contracts. From art to mechanics. Unicef well if they werent likd uefa or fifa the poor they are meant to help would be much better off.