PDA

View Full Version : Boyle Interview EEN - 'Have faith in NL in regard to transfers'

BlackSheep
06-07-2017, 07:17 AM
Interesting to see that obviously the fans concerns in regard to transfers isn't going unnoticed at Hibs, and I think it's great and should be taken as a positive that it's been acknowledged.

In true Hibs fashion nothing is directly revealed but at least we can take some solice knowing that the wheels are turning.

Let's all keep the faith.

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/fans-have-to-trust-hibs-boss-on-signing-plans-martin-boyle-1-4495860

blackpoolhibs
06-07-2017, 07:35 AM
Christ almighty, you don't often get that kind of insightful interview from a current player.

Martin could be dragged into the office today and warned about his future interviews, and never to give so much away ever again. :greengrin

Heisenberg
06-07-2017, 07:36 AM
Weird that we've still had nothing from Lennon and our first pre season game is tonight.

FitbaFolkKen
06-07-2017, 07:39 AM
That's the biggest non story I've ever read, I don't know anything but it'll be fine. Mightily reassured now ;)

JimboHibs
06-07-2017, 07:45 AM
Weird that we've still had nothing from Lennon and our first pre season game is tonight.

What's weird ??

BlackSheep
06-07-2017, 07:46 AM
I think you're missing the point... Hibs press team will have most likely told him to say this.... to help quell the current downturn in fans' enthusiasm. I'm sure Boyle knows more than he is letting on but as always with Hibs the cards are kept close to the chest.

Heisenberg
06-07-2017, 07:50 AM
What's weird ??

That Lennon hasn't said a word in the press since the season ended?

JimboHibs
06-07-2017, 07:54 AM
Where do you wanna take this next ? It's weird that we've heard nothing from Lennon he must be __________________ ?

Borderhibbie76
06-07-2017, 07:54 AM
That Lennon hasn't said a word in the press since the season ended?I think this is a wee bit odd too how quiet Lennon has been since they came back for pre season...hopefully nothing in it but it is odd

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

JimboHibs
06-07-2017, 08:05 AM
I think this is a wee bit odd too how quiet Lennon has been since they came back for pre season...hopefully nothing in it but it is odd

Odd that he's doing his job quietly ??

Name me a better keeper than Marciano signed by a club in Scotland in this transfer window ?
Name me a better attacking midfielder than Swanson signed by a club in Scotland in this transfer window ?
Name me a better centre half than Ambrose signed by a Club in Scotland this transfer window ?

Yet still posters find it weird ? Never let the truth get in the way of a good story.

Borderhibbie76
06-07-2017, 08:08 AM

Name me a better keeper than Marciano signed by a club in Scotland in this transfer window ?
Name me a better attacking midfielder than Swanson signed by a club in Scotland in this transfer window ?
Name me a better centre half than Ambrose signed by a Club in Scotland this transfer window ?

Yet still posters find it weird ? Never let the truth get in the way of a good story.No need for the aggressive reply mate all I said was I find his silence odd...yes we have made some good signings I agree...not enough but am sure there is more to follow.

But he hasn't even commented on these signings in the press - most other managers have on their signings.

It's a wee bit strange - but maybe as you say he likes to keep quiet till all dealings are concluded.

I wasn't having a go - so no need for the reply chastening me thanks

Congruence
06-07-2017, 08:10 AM

Yet still posters find it weird ? Never let the truth get in the way of a good story.

:thumbsup:

ian cruise
06-07-2017, 08:10 AM
I think this is a wee bit odd too how quiet Lennon has been since they came back for pre season...hopefully nothing in it but it is odd

I don't think there is anything sinister in it. What I will say is the Neil is very open about his health issues and will have ups and downs. He is in a very stressful position which during the season requires him to be in the limelight. Maybe he's enjoying the pre season to keep away from that and just concentrate on the other aspects of his job.

I want to add I know nothing about Neil Lennon on a personal level so this isn't some ITK post about his health, purely speculation based on my own families experiences with the illness that some find these quieter periods useful to prepare for the more stressful time ahead.

Regardless of the reason I've no problem with it and happy for us to know when signings are complete and for Neil and his team to do their talking on the pitch.

H18 SFR
06-07-2017, 08:17 AM

Calm the ham, it's ok to express an opinion on a discussion forum.

SirDavidsNapper
06-07-2017, 08:22 AM

All good players I agree however the fact that Marciano and Ambrose were here last season when we were hardly setting the heather on fire in the Championship has people a bit edgy. We've only really "improved" with Murray and Swanson on last season so far and lost our strikeforce.

Ozyhibby
06-07-2017, 08:23 AM

Ambrose and Marciano were here last year. Only new signings are Swanson and Murray. People are right to be concerned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Peevemor
06-07-2017, 08:30 AM
Ambrose and Marciano were here last year. Only new signings are Swanson and Murray. People are right to be concerned.

Ambrose and Marciano weren't Hibs players last year.

2 very important new signings.

Libby Hibby
06-07-2017, 08:33 AM
We have signed 4 quality players.

Granted 2 were here last season on loan but it can't be spun as anything other than 4 new players have joined the Hibernian family so far for this season.

lyonhibs
06-07-2017, 08:35 AM
They played for Hibs on the pitch, let's not claim they are brand new signings on the semantics of the word.

In reality they're great re-signings but in terms of the starting XI from last season to this, we've only signed 2 brand new players. A good deal of action required in the next few days to avoid the usual "oh ****, what's left" scramble at the end of the month.

Pretty Boy
06-07-2017, 08:37 AM
I'm not worried about our transfer activity really but I do find the near radio silence from Hibs a bit disconcerting.

We have out 1st pre season game tonight and a club legends testimonial on Sunday and the build up has been non existent from the club. Great ST sales and there was a real sense of optimism about the place, the perfect time to really step on the gas building a sense of anticipation for the season imo.

Ozyhibby
06-07-2017, 08:42 AM
Ambrose and Marciano weren't Hibs players last year.

2 very important new signings.

I'm not saying they are not good signings but they were here last season. I'm looking for signings that will make us better than last season. So far all we have is Murray and Swanson.
It's been a poor window so far.

JimboHibs
06-07-2017, 08:47 AM
So would it be better to be airing all business in the public like Pedro Caixinha at The Rangers ?
Or keeping silent and going about our business quietly ?
Which one is more professional ?

Hibs90
06-07-2017, 08:47 AM
I'm not saying they are not good signings but they were here last season. I'm looking for signings that will make us better than last season. So far all we have is Murray and Swanson.
It's been a poor window so far.

:agree:

Pretty Boy
06-07-2017, 08:54 AM
So would it be better to be airing all business in the public like Pedro Caixinha at The Rangers ?
Or keeping silent and going about our business quietly ?
Which one is more professional ?

Can't there be a happy medium?

I don't want transfer business discussed publicly but in the week of our 1st game an interview with the manager about pre season and a player or 2 about Lewis Stevenson would have been nice.

DTS
06-07-2017, 08:58 AM
I started a thread the other day about the complete lack of communication this pre season, usually we get little snips of training loads of interviews etc but this year we've had absolutely nothing and tbh I wouldn't be surprised if half our fans dont know we have a game tonight

franks
06-07-2017, 09:16 AM
perhaps Lennon's fed up with questions about celtic every time he gives an interview although that tends to be national media with the evening news more interested in Hibs.

Keith_M
06-07-2017, 09:20 AM
Christ almighty, you don't often get that kind of insightful interview from a current player.

Martin could be dragged into the office today and warned about his future interviews, and never to give so much away ever again. :greengrin

Definite case for disciplinary proceedings there, methinks.

:greengrin

silverhibee
06-07-2017, 10:33 AM
Where do you wanna take this next ? It's weird that we've heard nothing from Lennon he must be __________________ ?

EM, no media/press allowed in it seems, Lennon has went AWOL or just can't be arsed taking to media, even parading some of our signings at EM would be a start.

silverhibee
06-07-2017, 10:35 AM

When are they been paraded with Hibs top on and scarf above the head.