PDA

View Full Version : St Pats 1 Hearts 0 (nhc)

Springbank
05-07-2017, 08:39 PM
Bad start for lafferty et al
What a shame

The_Horde
05-07-2017, 08:54 PM
Bad start for lafferty et al
What a shame

Beat livi 1-0 at the weekend too. New striker Cole whatever had an open goal and just about missed. Apart from that, apparently they looked very average.

Mick O'Rourke
05-07-2017, 08:59 PM
Hail Glorious St Patrick!!!

blackpoolhibs
05-07-2017, 09:01 PM
Good old herts, always good for a laugh. :greengrin

I see on livescore Groningen scraped a win tonight too. :faf:

Jack Ferrigan
05-07-2017, 09:02 PM
TeeHee.Ah it's hard being The Big Team.The higher you rise the further you fall and all that. This could be a really fun season following the Luxembourg result. Roll on .

Springbank
05-07-2017, 09:03 PM
Beat livi 1-0 at the weekend too. New striker Cole whatever had an open goal and just about missed. Apart from that, apparently they looked very average.

Cathro in, Asbestos out
A dream summer at the pbs

tamig
05-07-2017, 09:04 PM
Good old herts, always good for a laugh. :greengrin

I see on livescore Groningen scraped a win tonight too. :faf:

What's the point of friendlies that end up with scores like that?

Big_Franck
05-07-2017, 09:25 PM
Looks like a second string Hearts team, but still. Shouldn't be getting beat by irish pub teams even if it was their second 11 and first game of pre-season for most of them.

bigwheel
05-07-2017, 09:27 PM
always good to see them beat...but pre season games are irrelevant. We have had good pre seasons, then struggled and vice versa. Scores don't matter - it's all about getting ready for when the real thing starts...

Pretty Boy
05-07-2017, 09:47 PM
To be fair if there had been no goalposts Hearts would have won 6-3 using the 5 passes equals a goal rule.

Aubenas
05-07-2017, 09:58 PM
Looks like a second string Hearts team, but still. Shouldn't be getting beat by irish pub teams even if it was their second 11 and first game of pre-season for most of them.

St Pat's have played 54 European ties in total, won the league 9 times, never been relegated, and won 6 Cups.

Must be some pub!

SirDavidsNapper
05-07-2017, 10:40 PM
Pleasing to see Hearts losing in any game at any level. Makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside.

Baw187
05-07-2017, 11:03 PM
As much as I enjoy seeing those ********s get beat, I won't be reading anything in to this result given St Pats are 23 games in to their season!

jijihibby
06-07-2017, 03:24 AM
Could not have happened to a more deserving lot of non-tax-paying ''big team'' cheats ...can't wait for the season to start ...

Springbank
06-07-2017, 04:48 AM

They had their full team out over the course of the game tbf with the likes of Berra, goncalves, lafferty, Walker, that polish fellow, their 2 new full backs, all getting a half

Carheenlea
06-07-2017, 06:56 AM
As much as I enjoy seeing those ********s get beat, I won't be reading anything in to this result given St Pats are 23 games in to their season!

St Pats have three wins, eight draws and nine defeats after 20 games, in tenth place in the league with a total of 17 points.

Their fans have witnessed two wins, two draws and six defeats at their ground – the worst home record in the league.

:lolyam:

Baw187
06-07-2017, 06:58 AM
They had their full team out over the course of the game tbf with the likes of Berra, goncalves, lafferty, Walker, that polish fellow, their 2 new full backs, all getting a half

That's good perspective! Still, not going to get too thrilled until they pick up where they left off in the league with a 6-0 pumping from Celtic to start.

aarsan
06-07-2017, 07:01 AM
Lets see how we get on tonight

HIBERNIAN-0762
06-07-2017, 07:57 AM
The yam juggernaut stutters to a grinding halt before it even begins.

Erseholes.

Bostonhibby
06-07-2017, 08:12 AM
Looks like the goalposts played a part again.

St Pats electing to go for the old fashioned approach of using them and sticking the ball between them, the visionary that is father dougal stuck to his principles and it's obvious that his boys were performing exactly according to his plan and achieved another resounding success. No goalposts required by the gorgie galacticos, no goals scored.

Another game they would have won but for the presence of goalposts on the pitch. One day he will be taken seriously, bring on the future.

Since90+2
06-07-2017, 08:17 AM
To be honest pre season games at this stage mean absolutely nout.

Springbank
06-07-2017, 01:12 PM
Looks like the goalposts played a part again.

St Pats electing to go for the old fashioned approach of using them and sticking the ball between them, the visionary that is father dougal stuck to his principles and it's obvious that his boys were performing exactly according to his plan and achieved another resounding success. No goalposts required by the gorgie galacticos, no goals scored.

Another game they would have won but for the presence of goalposts on the pitch. One day he will be taken seriously, bring on the future.

Imagining him at half time.

"these goals we were attacking maybe looked small, Kyle, but they were just far away"

Bostonhibby
06-07-2017, 01:17 PM
Imagining him at half time.

"these goals we were attacking maybe looked small, Kyle, but they were just far away"
[emoji1] at the new wongadome they will be much closer.

Non eufa compliant closer.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Pete
06-07-2017, 03:27 PM
Lets see how we get on tonight

Are we playing St. Pats? Not sure of the relevance.

As for Hearts, defeats like this are negative only if you aren't intelligent enough to understand the dynamics. To summarise, this will make Hearts stronger and will give Cathro even more unshakable confidence.

HIBERNIAN-0762
06-07-2017, 03:36 PM
Are we playing St. Pats. To summarise, this will make Hearts stronger and will give Cathro even more unshakable confidence.

:faf::faf::faf:

GreenLake
06-07-2017, 04:06 PM
The yam juggernaut stutters to a grinding halt before it even begins.

Erseholes.

Potpal will be thinking up new excuses.

JohnM1875
06-07-2017, 04:45 PM
I actually watched the second half as I was waiting on a goal for a bet to come in. Goncalves looked like their only decent player from what I saw. Good powerful runs into the box. St Pats were the better team though and thoroughly deserved the win.

leemel
06-07-2017, 05:17 PM
Who scored the winner? Big G 😉😉