PDA

View Full Version : Lewis Stevenson Testimonial - v Sunderland Sunday 9th July *kick off 2pm*

Pages : [1] 2

Pretty Boy
05-07-2017, 06:45 PM
Take 2.

https://youtu.be/PtHxCy1leeA

Maybe those involved in organising could drop a few hints about what else is in store in Sunday? I've not seen a lot. Who can we expect in the way of ex players being introduced etc?

:flag:

theonlywayisup
05-07-2017, 06:53 PM
Take 2.

https://youtu.be/PtHxCy1leeA

Maybe those involved in organising could drop a few hints about what else is in store in Sunday? I've not seen a lot. Who can we expect in the way of ex players being introduced etc?

:flag:

Let's hope it's a great day for Lewis - the only Hibs to win the League and Scottish Cup. Legend.

Ronniekirk
05-07-2017, 06:59 PM
Thanks for posting P B That wee clip encapsulates why i will be going ,and taking my wife and if i can persuade them my daughter and boyfriend
Deserves a big Turnout but Testimonials through the years haven't had big turnouts when its not top drawer opposition
Hoping with all the feel good factor around the club just now that this one is an exception

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mr White
05-07-2017, 07:04 PM
I hope it ends up being a decent crowd. Gutted I can't make it and but the guy is an absolute legend and deserves a good turnout.

3pm
05-07-2017, 07:06 PM
Got my tickets, looking forward to it.

Since90+2
05-07-2017, 07:07 PM
I'm going but not got the ticket as yet , suspect a few thousand will be the same.

It won't be a massive attendance but even if we get 8k or so it should hopefully be a good day out.

S4uzee
05-07-2017, 07:14 PM
Any ideas on ticket sales so far? The guy deserves a big turnout

HibbyAndy
05-07-2017, 07:19 PM
is it pay at the gate ?

Fuzzywuzzy
05-07-2017, 07:59 PM
Someone had said 5k so far. What was the turnout for the Birmingham game?

Broken Gnome
05-07-2017, 08:22 PM
Might be lost in the original thread, but what's the deal with programmes? Can't make it, but are they available in advance? After the event?

McD
05-07-2017, 08:50 PM
Bought the tickets for my dad, brother and myself this evening now I know I can make it. Looking forward to it :greengrin

Pretty Boy
05-07-2017, 08:51 PM
Might be lost in the original thread, but what's the deal with programmes? Can't make it, but are they available in advance? After the event?

Exactly the kind of question I was hoping for an answer for.

Nearly all the limited promotion for this game seems to have been done on Twitter which isn't a platform everyone uses. Hopefully the organisers put something out via Hibs official site tomorrow to try and drum up a bit interest and answer a few questions.

The build up has been low key to non existent which is a shame as Lewis deserves a big turn out.

18Hibee75
05-07-2017, 08:53 PM
Can you still PATG for this?

Sent from my F3211 using Tapatalk

keep the faith
05-07-2017, 08:55 PM
It's a shame hibs are treating it as a standard friendly. There should be guests and a sense of ocassion.
No one deserves to be celebrated by hibs fans more than Lewis.
Every fan should be at this one.

Ronniekirk
05-07-2017, 08:57 PM
Can you still PATG for this?

Sent from my F3211 using Tapatalk

Planning on buying a few at the pods or ticket office before game

frazeHFC
05-07-2017, 09:14 PM
Will feel bad for LS if the turnout is not great, but it was a silly time to play it imo at the start of the school holidays. A midweek night against Raith during the season would probably have seen a massive crowd. Or at an International weekend against someone. Know so many folk who are away and going to miss it myself included.

KennyMillar
05-07-2017, 09:32 PM
People will be able to pay at the gate on Sunday and there will be a programme that I'm sure will be available afterwards for people who miss out at the time.

And there will be at least one very special guest on the pitch at half-time that will go down well with everyone.

Big_Franck
05-07-2017, 09:33 PM

Nearly all the limited promotion for this game seems to have been done on Twitter which isn't a platform everyone uses. Hopefully the organisers put something out via Hibs official site tomorrow to try and drum up a bit interest and answer a few questions.

The build up has been low key to non existent which is a shame as Lewis deserves a big turn out.

That'll explain why I've not seen anything on this game since it was announced. I don't use Twitter and know hardly anyone that does.

I'll definitely be going though. No-one at our club deserves it more than Lewis IMO.

Big_Franck
05-07-2017, 09:34 PM
People will be able to pay at the gate on Sunday and there will be a programme that I'm sure will be available afterwards for people who miss out at the time.

And there will be at least one very special guest on the pitch at half-time that will go down well with everyone.

Any clues Kenny? It's no the man in your profile photo is it? :greengrin Maybe wishful thinking.

lyonhibs
05-07-2017, 09:35 PM

My Facebook feed has been spammed on a more than once daily basis with "tickets still available....." style posts from HFC.

Safe to say ticket sales aren't matching their hopes either currently

KennyMillar
05-07-2017, 09:37 PM
There was a press conference attended by the broadcast/written media that generated good coverage.

Concede there maybe has been more on Facebook/Twitter, so if there are any questions I'll do my best to answer them.

KennyMillar
05-07-2017, 09:43 PM
Any clues Kenny? It's no the man in your profile photo is it? :greengrin Maybe wishful thinking.

Sadly not! If it was HIM we'd have announced it and the place would have been sold out twice over.

Just need to have faith that we'll deliver.

Pretty Boy
05-07-2017, 09:44 PM

Would it not make sense to announce who the special guest is?

Everyone who has already bought a ticket or planning to go is going regardless of who it is. If the hope is to bump up the gate then surely announcing Franck Sauzee or Alan Stubbs (2 names who will put bums on seats as an example) will be there well in advance makes sense? Otherwise you'll have a special guest going down well with 5000 people rather than 8000.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Jonnyboy
05-07-2017, 09:45 PM

Everyone who has already bought a ticket or planning to go is going regardless of who it is. If the hope is to bump up the gate then surely announcing Franck Sauzee or Alan Stubbs (2 names who will put bums on seats as an example) will be there well in advance makes sense? Otherwise you'll have a special guest going down well with 5000 people rather than 8000.

I think there's a clue in Kenny's second post :greengrin

Just my guess though!

Pretty Boy
05-07-2017, 09:45 PM
I think there's a clue in Kenny's second post :greengrin

Just my guess though!
Picked up on that when I read it.

Scarf above the head would be nice.

angus hibby
05-07-2017, 09:56 PM
Sadly not! If it was HIM we'd have announced it and the place would have been sold out twice over.

And bring out a wee table for him so he can sign his contract in the centre circle?!

hibee_girl
05-07-2017, 10:02 PM

If it's Ivan I'll be fuming!! :greengrin

silverhibee
05-07-2017, 10:03 PM

Apart from him :greengrin is there any other ex Hibs players being invited along for Lewis's day. :aok:

bigwheel
05-07-2017, 10:03 PM
Kenny. If it is Henderson, you've signalled that louder than Mixu in his prime with his hand up at the back Post screaming for the cross [emoji2][emoji2][emoji2].

Anyway Lewis Stevenson is my absolute favourite player - and I can't wait to see him run out with the short on again this weekend. Top player, top guy , top professional

KennyMillar
05-07-2017, 10:49 PM

We'll be in a position to say on Friday, at the request of the person involved who has been a bit busy and tied up overseas.

If there's been a lack of publicity, in your eyes, it's not been for the lack of trying. Like I said, we had the press conference, there's been a lot on social media, Sky Sports have been trailing it and I was talking about it on Off The Ball the other day. And if it has been a bit low-key at times, it's partly because of the man involved. As everyone knows, Lewis is a down to earth type who wants minimum fuss.

Like I said, it's pay at the gate on Sunday and happy to answer anything I can if there are things people want to know. Just hope to see the place packed out.

KennyMillar
05-07-2017, 10:50 PM
Kenny. If it is Henderson, you've signalled that louder than Mixu in his prime with his hand up at the back Post screaming for the cross [emoji2][emoji2][emoji2].

Anyway Lewis Stevenson is my absolute favourite player - and I can't wait to see him run out with the short on again this weekend. Top player, top guy , top professional

Glad to hear it! There's no-one more deserving. Anyone who saw him with the kids at the signing session in the Hibs Club last Saturday would testify to that.

KennyMillar
05-07-2017, 10:52 PM
Apart from him :greengrin is there any other ex Hibs players being invited along for Lewis's day. :aok:

The problem is most of the 2007/2016 crops are tied up elsewhere or busy with their own playing/coaching commitments. Will be a few there and will be looking to publish that in the next day or so.

As a bare minimum, there will be two very popular former players on the pitch at half-time.

Loopz
05-07-2017, 11:45 PM
My wife told me tonight on the phone she will be coming to game with me and both sons on Sunday. Another 4 tickets will be purchased when I get home from Bath.

.Sean.
06-07-2017, 12:00 PM
Just ordered 3 to print off at home to avoid the ques (and squeeze in an extra pint) wee change from 43 for once so we're right on the halfway line. Looking forward to it

Super_JMcGinn
06-07-2017, 03:33 PM
Can't think of anyone more deserving in my time watching Hibs : top marks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APCJkOUe5Qw

Hope he gets a great turnout he so deserves it. : flag:

howdenthehibby
06-07-2017, 03:41 PM
I cant make it , but i'm still going to buy a ticket . Its the least Lewis deserves for his service to our great Club.

Super_JMcGinn
06-07-2017, 03:55 PM
I cant make it , but i'm still going to buy a ticket . Its the least Lewis deserves for his service to our great Club.

:aok:

KennyMillar
06-07-2017, 07:05 PM

Biggie
06-07-2017, 07:13 PM
Hi hope to **** it's more than 5k.......I mean if your available, why would you not go ?......the guys been through thick and thin for the hibs, culminating in helping deliver the Scottish cup.

Super_JMcGinn
06-07-2017, 09:05 PM
Hi hope to **** it's more than 5k.......I mean if your available, why would you not go ?......the guys been through thick and thin for the hibs, culminating in helping deliver the Scottish cup.

:top marks

FranckSuzy
06-07-2017, 09:15 PM
Glad to hear it! There's no-one more deserving. Anyone who saw him with the kids at the signing session in the Hibs Club last Saturday would testify to that.

Couldn't agree more :applause: He was brilliant with all the kids.....and adults:whistle: :thumbsup:

hibsdaft
06-07-2017, 09:28 PM
tickets bought. should be a great afternoon.

jacomo
06-07-2017, 09:35 PM
Not many clubs have such a dedicated servant these days.

Lewis' attitude is exceptional. He deserves a good crowd.

madhibee_again
06-07-2017, 09:36 PM

Any chance the scarves that were on sale at the Hibs Club at the weekend will be available? I was away on holiday so couldn't make it down - in fact still on holiday and gutted to be missing the game, but my brothers on strict orders to pick one up if they're available.

HibeeLR
06-07-2017, 09:40 PM
Wasn't planning on going as I'm saving for holiday next week and didn't fancy sitting on my own as mates are away, however it's felt like a long summer without hibs so need my fix. Will pop along as a walk up 👍 can't wait to see how we manage against decent quality opposition.

KennyMillar
06-07-2017, 11:39 PM
Any chance the scarves that were on sale at the Hibs Club at the weekend will be available? I was away on holiday so couldn't make it down - in fact still on holiday and gutted to be missing the game, but my brothers on strict orders to pick one up if they're available.

They will be. If for whatever reason your brother can't get hold of one give me a shout and I'll sort it out.

Dashing Bob S
07-07-2017, 02:03 AM
Might just beat the Gary MacKay testimonial gate of 562.

hibbycha
07-07-2017, 06:32 AM
travelling up from Newcastle wi my two kids (19+16 ) on the 9.15 train , is there gonna be any pubs open at 11 . cos kids want want to hibs shop .

madhibee_again
07-07-2017, 07:15 AM
They will be. If for whatever reason your brother can't get hold of one give me a shout and I'll sort it out.

Cheers Kenny, perfect!

Siralbertkidd
07-07-2017, 09:03 AM
travelling up from Newcastle wi my two kids (19+16 ) on the 9.15 train , is there gonna be any pubs open at 11 . cos kids want want to hibs shop .

The Office is open at 11 mate. After I have been served first, you are welcome.

Super_JMcGinn
07-07-2017, 09:45 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtHxCy1leeA

Big day for the wee man gets ever nearer. Mr Hibs imo.

scooby
07-07-2017, 10:02 AM

Hibs class!

drumatic44
07-07-2017, 10:14 AM
couldn't agree more, totally deserves a great turnout, bought a ticket, but probably won't make the first half. get buying folks !!

Hibby Gav
07-07-2017, 10:25 AM
4 bought and whole family attending...it's rare these days to be able to say thank you to a truly loyal servant of out club.

Looking forward to it !
ggtth

CockneyRebel
07-07-2017, 12:05 PM
[QUOTE=Ronniekirk;5091896]Thanks for posting P B That wee clip encapsulates why i will be going ,and taking my wife and if i can persuade them my daughter and boyfriend
Deserves a big Turnout but Testimonials through the years haven't had big turnouts when its not top drawer opposition
Hoping with all the feel good factor around the club just now that this one is an exception

Well done that man - takes some guts coming out on a forum.

KWJ
07-07-2017, 12:32 PM

This is after I've bought 3 tickets in upper west. No lack of choice.

Would normally sit in the East but want to actually hear the tannoy for this - was annoyed at hearing sod all when the '91 winners were paraded.

Anyway - really looking forward to it now.

KennyMillar
07-07-2017, 12:59 PM
Happy to confirm that Liam Henderson will be in an attendance on Sunday and will be making an appearance at half-time.

hfc rd
07-07-2017, 01:02 PM
Happy to confirm that Liam Henderson will be in an attendance on Sunday and will be making an appearance at half-time.

Signing his Hibs deal on the pitch!! 🤗

Eaststand
07-07-2017, 01:05 PM
Signing his Hibs deal on the pitch!! 🤗

If Carlsberg made Sundays eh.....

GGTTH

berwickhibee
07-07-2017, 01:07 PM

Just seen that on twitter:agree: would be great to get him signed:flag:

KennyMillar
07-07-2017, 01:30 PM
For those who aren't on Twitter...18871

Also just had another Hearts supporter donate the cost of match tickets to the fund, which I think is a great gesture.

Super_JMcGinn
07-07-2017, 01:58 PM

Also just had another Hearts supporter donate the cost of match tickets to the fund, which I think is a great gesture.

Hibs class :aok:

Scouse Hibee
07-07-2017, 02:09 PM

Nice to Hearts supporters joining the cause and showing their appreciation to Lewis.

Super_JMcGinn
07-07-2017, 02:15 PM
Nice to Hearts supporters joining the cause and showing their appreciation to Lewis.

I'd say more than nice, I couldn't see that gesture being reciprocrated by many Hibby's, myself included.

Magnificent gesture from them.

BegbieHSC
07-07-2017, 02:18 PM
C'mooooooooon guys,

Dot count atm is a right shame for all the effort that's gone in to arranging this, and the years of service Lewis has given us.

Lets back him in numbers, and if you don't have a ticket yet, get the bloody finger oot and get yourself one!

KennyMillar
07-07-2017, 02:22 PM
I'd say more than nice, I couldn't see that gesture being reciprocrated by many Hibby's, myself included.

Magnificent gesture from them.

The first two both said they respected Lewis as a long-serving player but it was more to do with him giving half the proceeds away to charity.

Super_JMcGinn
07-07-2017, 02:25 PM
The first two both said they respected Lewis as a long-serving player but it was more to do with him giving half the proceeds away to charity.

Hats off to them all the same. I give regularly to charity but still not sure I'd be interested enough to contribute to a Hearts players testimonial.

KennyMillar
07-07-2017, 02:28 PM
Hats off to them all the same. I give regularly to charity but still not sure I'd be interested enough to contribute to a Hearts players testimonial.

Aye, definitely to be admired.

KWJ
07-07-2017, 02:31 PM
Lewis record v Hearts

P32 W9 D11 L12

4 wins this season to tip that the right way?

His first derby was over 10 years ago and he really has been part of some horrible teams so that record isn't too shabby.

But he's also played in this winning team!http://www.londonhearts.com/scores/games/200905071.html

As well as a memorable cup win or two :wink:

Incidentally London Hearts hasn't made any updates to Hibs since 2015...

KWJ
07-07-2017, 05:42 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1UQH2aHsHs

jodjam
07-07-2017, 06:16 PM
C'mooooooooon guys,

Dot count atm is a right shame for all the effort that's gone in to arranging this, and the years of service Lewis has given us.

Lets back him in numbers, and if you don't have a ticket yet, get the bloody finger oot and get yourself one!

I can't make it and I'm sure a lot of people can't at this time of year. Should have been played during an international break and he would have got the crowd he deserved.

NAE NOOKIE
07-07-2017, 06:22 PM
There's about 6 of us in my party coming up for the game from Gala and not a single one of us has a ticket coz we know we can buy from the pods ... I cant help thinking that as the club alluded to on the official site there's going to be a big walk up crowd for this game.

HibbyAndy
07-07-2017, 06:29 PM
Me and 2 others buying at the pods.

Living hibs legend who has won both cups? you better believe i'l be their !!

Billy Whizz
07-07-2017, 06:33 PM
I've got my ticket, but last night wet my appetite for watching Hibs after the break. Hope anyone who went last, who hasn't got a ticket, tries to get along on Sunday if they can

.Sean.
07-07-2017, 06:35 PM
Lewis Stevenson is head and shoulders above every other Hibs player I've seen in the flesh as a personal favourite. Honourable mentions for Riordan, McGinn and David Murphy but on recent reflection, it's Lewy for me all day long.

Legend, humble, hardworking, committed, honest as the day is long and on course to smash 300 league appearances soon so he can't be too far away from 400 in all competitions.

What a man. If funds allow it and you're free, get your arse to ER on Sunday, no excuses :aok:

RossScott1991
07-07-2017, 06:38 PM
Anyone know roughly how many we have sold? worried it might be a poor turnout, really hope not. firing along myself with a few others. Lewis deserves a great turn out, should id be happy with 10k but that may be ambitious? i know lots of folk are on holiday this time year. but really do encourage everyone to get along. More than decade of his life given to Hibs, only ever to win both cups. Get along folks!

HibbyAndy
07-07-2017, 06:40 PM
Lewis Stevenson is head and shoulders above every other Hibs player I've seen in the flesh as a personal favourite. Honourable mentions for Riordan, McGinn and David Murphy but on recent reflection, it's Lewy for me all day long.

Legend, humble, hardworking, committed, honest as the day is long and on course to smash 300 league appearances soon so he can't be too far away from 400 in all competitions.

What a man. If funds allow it and you're free, get your arse to ER on Sunday, no excuses :aok:

Here here !

KennyMillar
07-07-2017, 06:41 PM

Hoping to have another favourite confirmed to make an appearance.

3pm
07-07-2017, 06:43 PM

Ali Crawford?

.Sean.
07-07-2017, 06:46 PM
I think we'll be surprised at how many walk-ups there'll be. I'll be mega disappointed if we don't hit 10000.

huggie1875
07-07-2017, 07:00 PM
just booked a ticket online to print at home does it print the picture too? that's a bit of a waste of ink if it does

Nameless
07-07-2017, 07:12 PM
I'm taking the wee man, but haven't got our tickets yet - I think it will be a decent turn out, a good 10,000ish.

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

DaveF
07-07-2017, 07:14 PM
Same here. Taking my son, but will buy tickets when we get there.

Big_Franck
07-07-2017, 07:22 PM
just booked a ticket online to print at home does it print the picture too? that's a bit of a waste of ink if it does

Aye, it prints the photo of the stadium. It prints everything on the pdf you'll have received.

You don't need to print it though. If you've got email on your phone you can open the pdf on your phone and scan that at the turnstile. Just make sure you turn the screen brightness on your phone up to maximum when youre scanning it, makes it easier for the machine to scan the barcode.

Pedantic_Hibee
07-07-2017, 07:46 PM
What's the ticket prices? Sorry if already been discussed

Super_JMcGinn
07-07-2017, 07:52 PM
What's the ticket prices? Sorry if already been discussed

£20 and £10

KennyMillar
07-07-2017, 08:19 PM
On Sunday players from both teams will wear black armbands and support a minute's applause in the sixth minute for Bradley Lowery.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
07-07-2017, 08:45 PM

Deeks? :hyper

Mick O'Rourke
07-07-2017, 08:46 PM
On Sunday players from both teams will wear black armbands and support a minute's applause in the sixth minute for Bradley Lowery.
I wont make the game on Sunday
I will like all other Hibernians, be thinking of the brave wee fighter. Bradley Lowery.

Capt Mainwaring
07-07-2017, 08:57 PM
3 of us going but will just buy tickets on the day from the Pods. No panic

KennyMillar
07-07-2017, 10:36 PM
Short statement on behalf of the Lewis Stevenson testimonial committee.

Following tonight's news that both Hibernian and Sunderland will wear black armbands and support a minute's applause in the sixth minute of Lewis Stevenson's testimonial on Sunday, the Stevenson family have asked that part of the proceeds now go to the Bradley Lowery fund.

Half of the funds raised will already go to Cardiac Risk In the Young (CRY) and Leith Links 4 Kids.

greenlex
07-07-2017, 11:07 PM

Following tonight's news that both Hibernian and Sunderland will wear black armbands and support a minute's applause in the sixth minute of Lewis Stevenson's testimonial on Sunday, the Stevenson family have asked that part of the proceeds now go to the Bradley Lowery fund.

Half of the funds raised will already go to Cardiac Risk In the Young (CRY) and Leith Links 4 Kids.
Top bloke. Lewis Stevenson.

pacorosssco
07-07-2017, 11:49 PM
Lewis deserves full amount raised but speaks volumes he is sharing over half of money raised and now giving more to a family in grief. He deserves those two medals and a great day where we can thank him for service in good times and bad.

ALF TUPPER
08-07-2017, 01:04 PM
Surprise guest ...
I'm afraid to guess in case I'm well off the mark or raises expectations too high.... But, I think it could be him ....!!! Oh wow !!

1van Sprou7e
08-07-2017, 01:34 PM
Surprise guest ...
I'm afraid to guess in case I'm well off the mark or raises expectations too high.... But, I think it could be him ....!!! Oh wow !!

Who is "him"?

Stokes/Whittaker announced? Stubbsy?

Frogga
08-07-2017, 01:34 PM
https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/hibs-donating-to-bradley-lowery-fund.1376985/

Barring posts like "they have a sizable proportion of absolute ********s who follow them" some really nice posts from Sunderland fans in there :wink:

connerg
08-07-2017, 02:10 PM
https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/hibs-donating-to-bradley-lowery-fund.1376985/

Barring posts like "they have a sizable proportion of absolute ********s who follow them" some really nice posts from Sunderland fans in there :wink:

I read that too! People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones!!

Are Sunderland v Newcastle games and the reverse, played without travelling fans?

To be fair he did go on to say we're a nice unpretentious bunch really.

Iggy Pope
08-07-2017, 02:23 PM
I read that too! People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones!!

Are Sunderland v Newcastle games and the reverse, played without travelling fans?

To be fair he did go on to say we're a nice unpretentious bunch really.

It was redalert69 that troubled me more. Red Alert were a pretty good UK82 / Oi! combo from Sunderland. The Toy Dolls were *****. He needs to get some perspective.

Well done to the wee man. Great gesture and I trust that many more Hibbys get out tomorrow to acknowledge the feat of human engineering that this stalwart certainly is.

Vault Boy
08-07-2017, 02:35 PM
Superb gesture from the Stevensons. I hope the match is played in good spirits and there's no trouble afterwards, this game shouldn't be tarnished.

Keith_M
08-07-2017, 04:31 PM

Barring posts like "they have a sizable proportion of absolute ********s who follow them"......

But it's true.

:wink:

Glory Lurker
08-07-2017, 05:49 PM
Surprise guest ...

No. Way. :faint:

Big_Franck
08-07-2017, 06:04 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FewWIM206mk

Hibs TV | Flashback | 'My Hibs Story' with Lewis Stevenson

Hibeewilly
08-07-2017, 06:06 PM

Have you any more news KM ?

JohnMcM
08-07-2017, 06:24 PM
Have you any more news KM ?

My fourth glass of Pinot Grigio tells me the name of this surprise appearance person is an anagram of 'Kostes'

:not worth

.Sean.
08-07-2017, 06:31 PM
Cannot wait for tomorrow. Pints in the Office with the boys, first trip to Easter Road of the season to pay tribute to one of our best. Magic, hope the weather holds and the wee man gets the crowd he deserves.

xyz23jc
08-07-2017, 06:34 PM
My fourth glass of Pinot Grigio tells me the name of this surprise appearance person is an anagram of 'Kostes'

:not worth

Kwality! :greengrin My fourth glass of Pinot Noir says it's an anagram of Ysprka...!

08-07-2017, 06:35 PM

Outstanding gesture from an outstanding guy.

yonder1875
08-07-2017, 06:42 PM
Couldn't think of a guy more deserving of a £20 ticket, with him giving over half of that to charity sums him up.

KennyMillar
08-07-2017, 06:44 PM
Scott Brown's the latest to confirm his attendance for tomorrow - joining Liam Henderson.

NOLA
08-07-2017, 07:03 PM
I wonder if the likes of Gaz booze seek Murphy jones Hogg Stewart Will turn up great if they do [emoji106]

JohnMcM
08-07-2017, 07:19 PM
Kwality! :greengrin My fourth glass of Pinot Noir says it's an anagram of Ysprka...!

:top marks

mca
08-07-2017, 08:05 PM
Scott Brown's the latest to confirm his attendance for tomorrow - joining Liam Henderson.

He might be in attendance - but i don't think he will be playing.. Read it somewhere that he got injured today..

Broken Gnome
08-07-2017, 08:23 PM
Can't go but ticket bought - too many good causes and deserving recipients to miss out on any contribution.

SirDavidsNapper
08-07-2017, 08:27 PM
Worst set of fans I've ever had the misfortune of seeing at ER. Absolute bellends. Hope it's a good run out for the team and a good turnout for Lewis.

Marco G
08-07-2017, 08:34 PM
Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

Marco G
08-07-2017, 08:41 PM
I will be giving full support to Lewis, and the more Sunderland fans that turn up the better as far as I am concerned.

PHEONIXHIBS
08-07-2017, 08:56 PM
Does anyone know how many tickets have sold for this ? Really hope lewy gets a good turnout.

SirDavidsNapper
08-07-2017, 08:59 PM
I will be giving full support to Lewis, and the more Sunderland fans that turn up the better as far as I am concerned.

Agree the more of them turn up the better for Lewis and the charities but they have a large majority of welts in their support. One look on their forum shows what they think of us. From what I saw at the last game (my daughters first game) was drunken Sunderland fans looking to cause trouble on Leith walk but apparently it's all Hibs fault. Not saying some Hibs "fans" are whiter than white but they need to look at themselves first. No time for Sunderland since that day and that hasn't changed. Just wish Lewis had chosen another team to play.

Marco G
08-07-2017, 09:20 PM
Agree the more of them turn up the better for Lewis and the charities but they have a large majority of welts in their support. One look on their forum shows what they think of us. From what I saw at the last game (my daughters first game) was drunken Sunderland fans looking to cause trouble on Leith walk but apparently it's all Hibs fault. Not saying some Hibs "fans" are whiter than white but they need to look at themselves first. No time for Sunderland since that day and that hasn't changed. Just wish Lewis had chosen another team to play.
Sorry about your problems. Not sure they will have many here looking at their forums tbh.

KennyMillar
08-07-2017, 09:33 PM
He might be in attendance - but i don't think he will be playing.. Read it somewhere that he got injured today..

No, he's not playing. Neil Lennon wants it to be a normal game in that respect.

Should be able to confirm two more guests shortly. Predict they'll be popular choices.

edwards
08-07-2017, 09:41 PM
I haven't seen what time the kick off is

angus hibby
08-07-2017, 09:42 PM

Should be able to confirm two more guests shortly. Predict they'll be popular choices.

Hopefully Stubbs is one.

hibbychick1
08-07-2017, 09:54 PM
I haven't seen what time the kick off is

Its a 2pm kick off

Scouse Hibee
08-07-2017, 10:48 PM

Bit bemused by that, is it a testimonial or not? If Lennon has a say in what type of game it is then it is hardly a testimonial in the true sense as we know them!

08-07-2017, 11:13 PM
Bit bemused by that, is it a testimonial or not? If Lennon has a say in what type of game it is then it is hardly a testimonial in the true sense as we know them!

Christ calm down. Bemused because a manager wants to use a pre season game productively? Grow up.

KennyMillar
08-07-2017, 11:43 PM
Hopefully Stubbs is one.

Sadly not. He was due to come and really keen to do so but has had to pull out.

KennyMillar
08-07-2017, 11:44 PM

It suits Lewis as well. Think he mentioned that in a recent interview. Because he's so modest and doesn't like to be the centre of attention, he was happy for it to be a 'normal' game.

KWJ
09-07-2017, 01:48 AM
It suits Lewis as well. Think he mentioned that in a recent interview. Because he's so modest and doesn't like to be the centre of attention, he was happy for it to be a 'normal' game.

Aye, that and testimonial matches in the middle or end of seasons are generally gash.

Baw187
09-07-2017, 06:06 AM
Gutted I won't make it cause not in the country. Hope there's a big turn out and it's a great event.

Fuzzywuzzy
09-07-2017, 07:16 AM

What's the history behind this? I read their thread on the 2011 game but I can't ever remember hearing about it at the time??

Saying that families were getting attacked by the Ned's/chavs

adhibs
09-07-2017, 07:26 AM
Woke up realy looking forward to going back to Easter Road. Hope it's a great occasion with plenty raised for the chosen charities.

DaveF
09-07-2017, 08:24 AM
Does anyone know what time the ticket pods open? I was hoping to grab a ticket first then head for a quick shandy before the game.

Hamish
09-07-2017, 08:28 AM
Does anyone know what time the ticket pods open? I was hoping to grab a ticket first then head for a quick shandy before the game.

12 noon according to Hibs twitter. TO open at 10am.

DaveF
09-07-2017, 08:34 AM
12 noon according to Hibs twitter. TO open at 10am.

Thanks.

Keith_M
09-07-2017, 08:34 AM
What's the history behind this? I read their thread on the 2011 game but I can't ever remember hearing about it at the time??

Saying that families were getting attacked by the Ned's/chavs

In 2011, a large group of Sunderland 'Fans' charged down Easter Road before the game attacking anybody in Hibs colours.

They've got some nerve to complain about Hibs having a hooligan element.

KennyMillar
09-07-2017, 09:21 AM
Just a wee update. Anthony Stokes and Leigh Griffiths are both due to attend today as well, joining Liam Henderson amd Scott Brown.

SteveHFC
09-07-2017, 09:22 AM
Just a wee update. Anthony Stokes and Leigh Griffiths are both due to attend today as well, joining Liam Henderson amd Scott Brown.

All 4 to announce they are signing for the club :hyper

KennyMillar
09-07-2017, 09:27 AM
All 4 to announce they are signing for the club :hyper

I'm sure I heard all four said they would if it was a total sell-out...

KWJ
09-07-2017, 09:33 AM
Whose up for a 16th minute pitch invasion and a group hug around LS? ;)

SteveHFC
09-07-2017, 09:43 AM
I'm sure I heard all four said they would if it was a total sell-out...

:hyper

Northern Hibby
09-07-2017, 11:17 AM
Why only Audio for the game on HibsTV?

Pretty Boy
09-07-2017, 11:48 AM

Leigh was in good form at the boxing last night.

Felt a bit of a tit asking for a photo with him but he was brand new and said he was heading along today.

Northernhibee
09-07-2017, 11:51 AM

Leigh's coming back? Rod found the magic £150k money tree? :hyper

Bishop Hibee
09-07-2017, 11:59 AM
I'm worried I might get sunburnt in the heat of a Leith summer.

Northernhibee
09-07-2017, 12:02 PM
Any team news? Lennon better not be persisting with that Stevenson laddie AGAIN. :grr:

Malthibby
09-07-2017, 12:03 PM
I'm worried I might get sunburnt in the heat of a Leith summer.

Every possibility, I'd recommend factor 30.
For all the potential walk-ups, the rain's just a wee shower; as BH says,
sunburn's gonna be the main problem when the sun comes out at 2pm. Bring a hat, and meybes a coat,
and a parasol.
GG

Ell_Chrisso
09-07-2017, 12:14 PM
Marciano
Gray McGregor Fontaine Stevenson
McGinn Bartley McGeouch
Boyle Murray Swanson

Diclonius
09-07-2017, 12:16 PM
Is Ambrose injured?

Borderhibbie76
09-07-2017, 12:20 PM
Is Ambrose injured?Was just gonna ask same thing he never featured on Thurs either??

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Pretty Boy
09-07-2017, 12:26 PM
Looks a steady stream of people making their way to the ground.

I think it will be a pretty decent crowd all things considered.

SChibs
09-07-2017, 12:28 PM
Not sure if we have a trialist today or Martin Boyle has shaved his head

Bayern Bru
09-07-2017, 12:29 PM
Not sure if we have a trialist today or Martin Boyle has shaved his head

It's Boyler

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

BOB MARLEYS DUG
09-07-2017, 12:32 PM
Fyvie will also be in attendance

Callum_62
09-07-2017, 12:33 PM
Fyvie will also be in attendance

:cb

SteveHFC
09-07-2017, 12:46 PM
No programmes avaiable around the ground.

Iain G
09-07-2017, 12:47 PM
Marciano
Gray McGregor Fontaine Stevenson
McGinn Bartley McGeouch
Boyle Murray Swanson

Who is on the bench? Any sign of Pennant?

Pretty Boy
09-07-2017, 12:50 PM
Who is on the bench? Any sign of Pennant?

Pennant on the bench along with Murray (Fraser), Crane, Laidlaw, Graham, Porteous, Shaw and Martin.

RIP
09-07-2017, 12:54 PM
Looks a steady stream of people making their way to the ground.

I think it will be a pretty decent crowd all things considered.

Hope you're right only 4500-5000 Hibbies so far

Billy Whizz
09-07-2017, 12:56 PM
No programmes avaiable around the ground.

I saw loads of sellers

MacBean
09-07-2017, 01:04 PM
Whats the Sunderland team

Pretty Boy
09-07-2017, 01:05 PM
2 seasons ago this was a home league crowd. Decent turn out.

Northern Hibby
09-07-2017, 01:05 PM
Hibs TV audio link?

First time user ☹️

Ray_
09-07-2017, 01:11 PM
Hibs TV audio link?

First time user ☹️

https://hibstv.hibernianfc.co.uk/tv/match/

Eaststandee
09-07-2017, 01:16 PM
How are we playing?

steakbake
09-07-2017, 01:18 PM
2 seasons ago this was a home league crowd. Decent turn out.

If that's the case, that's not bad given so many folks will be on holiday just now.

SChibs
09-07-2017, 01:18 PM
How are we playing?

Not bad, Sunderland are a big, good side.

Mcginn picking up where he left off on Thursday

SRHibs
09-07-2017, 01:21 PM
Can't get Hibs tv working as usual. What a complete waste of money.

Pretty Boy
09-07-2017, 01:21 PM
How are we playing?
Knocking it about well but quite often we are in good positions and there's no one to aim at in the middle.

One up front is fine if the 2 supporting players get up. If they don't it's a bit toothless.

PeeJay
09-07-2017, 01:22 PM

Yeah - not working here in Berlin either - looks like I may as well go back to watching the other Lewis ...

leither17
09-07-2017, 01:23 PM
Anyone else have trouble paying at the gate

Peevemor
09-07-2017, 01:24 PM
It's not working for me either, but normally it's excellent - anything but a waste of money.

Billy
09-07-2017, 01:24 PM

email: support@hibernianfc.co.uk

State what your issue is and they will try and help. Add your username, device and browser you are using.

HiBremian
09-07-2017, 01:26 PM
Yeah - not working here in Berlin either - looks like I may as well go back to watching the other Lewis ...
Working fine here...

Pretty Boy
09-07-2017, 01:28 PM
Good save by Manonne and Marciano in quick succession.

JDT
09-07-2017, 01:29 PM
Did we do an applause or song for the young lad Bradley that passed away?

Pretty Boy
09-07-2017, 01:31 PM
Did we do an applause or song for the young lad Bradley that passed away?

We did.

leither17
09-07-2017, 01:31 PM
Danny is going to be a great signing

GreenLake
09-07-2017, 01:32 PM
HibsTV is fine for me too. Apart from the intruding hun fans the game is good to watch and doesn't appear like a testimonial. Money well spent for tickets to this.

alihibs1
09-07-2017, 01:35 PM
Not bad, Sunderland are a big, good side.

Mcginn picking up where he left off on Thursday
Hope he doesn't play too well Sunderland will be in for him;)

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

California-Hibs
09-07-2017, 01:35 PM
We're looking good. Nice passing, pretty crisp and direct. Murray is putting himself about well up front, Boyle is looking to drive every time he gets the ball, and McGinn for me is looking like a different player from last season. Looks more like the original John McGinn!

Fuzzywuzzy
09-07-2017, 01:36 PM
Why the **** were we singing flower if Scotland???

Gatecrasher
09-07-2017, 01:36 PM
Playing well, had a couple of decent chances. Swanson picked up a knock but seems to have run it off. Sunderland hitting us on the break a few times.

Looks like about a 7k turn out not bad imo.

Joe6-2
09-07-2017, 01:38 PM
Hope he doesn't play too well Sunderland will be in for him;)

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
My thoughts too!

GreenLake
09-07-2017, 01:42 PM
Playing well, had a couple of decent chances. Swanson picked up a knock but seems to have run it off. Sunderland hitting us on the break a few times.

Looks like about a 7k turn out not bad imo.

7062 to be exact.

RamYer1902
09-07-2017, 01:44 PM
Sticking my neck out here but if the 7k estimation is correct then I think that's really poor. Others will argue differently but that's just my opinion.

Pretty Boy
09-07-2017, 01:45 PM
0-1.

Really too easy for Sunderland there down the right hand side. Guy couldn't miss in the middle.

California-Hibs

Because we're a Scottish club....who play in Scotland...and it's our countries national anthem? It was of course in response to them signing God Save The Queen. However your outrage at our anthem being sang is a bit, strange.

SirDavidsNapper
7k for a friendly against Sunderland at this time of year is exceptional

Kato
Sticking my neck out here but if the 7k estimation is correct then I think that's really poor. Others will argue differently but that's just my opinion.

Thanks for the input. Valuable as.

leither17
09-07-2017, 01:46 PM
Great ball by Rodwell that's what 10 mill buys you

hibsbollah

At least half of my friends with families are on holiday just now. I don't know how you can expect any more than 7k.

erin go bragh
7062 to be exact.
Edinburgh trades fortnight . Lots of folk on ther jollies like me ✈️😃🍸🍷🏆🇳🇬

StevieCowan
09-07-2017, 01:47 PM
7k for a friendly against Sunderland at this time of year is exceptional

Agreed.

Pretty Boy
09-07-2017, 01:47 PM
Great strike from Boyle. Really well saved.

Ozyhibby
09-07-2017, 01:48 PM
We are playing pretty well considering it's pre season but we have nothing up front and don't look like scoring.

Twiglet

The Sunderland fans were singing God save the queen Hibs fans replied with Flower of Scotland.

Borderhibbie76
HT 0 1 lots of nice play but we are lacking up front it's clear to see

Murray looks decent but very little support

Northernhibee
09-07-2017, 01:49 PM
Hibs marginally better first half but slack defending cost us a goal. Sunderland average otherwise.

B.H.F.C
We really need a centre forward. Half the time there is nothing to hit in the middle.

Fuzzywuzzy
Because we're a Scottish club....who play in Scotland...and it's our countries national anthem? It was of course in response to them signing God Save The Queen. However your outrage at our anthem being sang is a bit, strange.

Find it a bit embarrassing tbh. Sorry if I hurt your feelings on patriotism.

Pretty Boy
Decent enough 1st half. We started brightly and moved the ball well. Few half chances but Murray is being bullied a bit by their CBs. We look quite toothless up there and there's nothibg to aim at if Murray drifts. Sunderland pretty average but they have countered well and look dangerous when they go forward. Their goal was far too easy and, tin hat on, RB is an area we need to strengthen. That's based on the end of last season as much as anything. Hopefully the Whittaker deal gets over the line and we have options there.

ColinNish
09-07-2017, 01:50 PM

Flower of Scotland is not our national anthem, its Scotland the Brave. 😊

GreenLake
09-07-2017, 01:51 PM

The yams have had two seasons in my lifetime with average gates less than that.

Pete
09-07-2017, 01:52 PM
Flower of Scotland is not our national anthem, its Scotland the Brave. 😊

No it's not.

It's Donald where's yer troosers.

SteveHFC
Sparky announcing he's joining us for £150k :hyper

PeeJay
It's not working for me either, but normally it's excellent - anything but a waste of money.

My Flash plyer was disabled on Chrome - enabling it again solved the problem - missed the entire 1st half though

HUTCHYHIBBY
09-07-2017, 01:53 PM

Hows your trip going so far? ;-)

Kato
09-07-2017, 01:53 PM
No it's not.

It's Donald where's yer troosers.

No its not, its 500 Miles.

neil7908
09-07-2017, 01:54 PM
We are playing pretty well considering it's pre season but we have nothing up front and don't look like scoring.

Agree it feels like last season a bit. Loads of possession but very little end product. Murray has run around a lot but not had much support.

Brightside
09-07-2017, 01:54 PM
I think we've played very well in the first half. Unlucky not to have a goal yet. This is a decent level team we are up against.

FilipinoHibs
09-07-2017, 01:55 PM
Small crowd - so not many real Hibs fans afterall

Lago
09-07-2017, 01:55 PM
Pub song, nothing more.

RamYer1902
09-07-2017, 01:57 PM
Hows your trip going so far? ;-)

Haha! I knew someone would pick me up on that... yes I'll shut up about the attendance cause I'm not there myself. I did donate cash for a ticket though ;-) wasn't meaning to put a downer on it, was just my opinion. Hope everyone at the game is enjoying and by the sounds of it, sounds like we're playing well and been a decent contest so far :aok:

Souter96Mac
09-07-2017, 01:57 PM
0-1.

Really too easy for Sunderland there down the right hand side. Guy couldn't miss in the middle.

That on Stevenson's wing? Get him hooked

Smartie
09-07-2017, 01:58 PM

Exactly how I saw it.

Tidy enough but nothing like a cutting edge present.

They've defended well and their keeper has made a couple of decent stops. They'll be better side than much of what we'll play this season.

We should have enough to score goals against the keech teams but we need much more going forward if we're to get 3rd or 4th.

Northernhibee
09-07-2017, 01:59 PM
Henderson not delivering on the HT challenge.

CMac1988
09-07-2017, 02:01 PM
That on Stevenson's wing? Get him hooked

Cross came from the left in an attacking sense. Gray should've done more but all in all the rest of the defenders were picking up the striker.

Diclonius
09-07-2017, 02:02 PM
Anyone know why Brown wasn't there at HT?

DaveF
09-07-2017, 02:02 PM
Cross came from the left in an attacking sense. Gray should've done more but all in all the rest of the defenders were picking up the striker.

I think it was Boyle who was tracking their left sided runner and just failed to cut it out. Could be wrong though!

Smartie
09-07-2017, 02:03 PM
Pennant has looked OK during the HT warm-up.

Borderhibbie76
Hope they had a contract ready for Hendo and stokesy when they left the pitch at HT [emoji12]

Billy Whizz
Anyone know why Brown wasn't there at HT?

Can only think he's getting treatment, as he got injured at the weekend

green day
09-07-2017, 02:04 PM
Small crowd - so not many real Hibs fans afterall

Aye, alright.......

Pretty Boy
09-07-2017, 02:04 PM
11 subs for Subderland. Hibs unchanged.

Edit -Oops that's a typo but it works so I'm leaving it.

Pete
09-07-2017, 02:05 PM
11 subs for Subderland. Hibs unchanged.

Did you mean that?

Pretty Boy
09-07-2017, 02:09 PM
We've started the 2nd half like amateurs. All over the place.

Pretty Boy
09-07-2017, 02:11 PM
Bit better, McGinn mi**** shots ends up with Gray but he shanked a cross over the bar.

green day
09-07-2017, 02:11 PM
We've started the 2nd half like amateurs. All over the place.

I think their "2nd 11" are a bit better than the first half team.

Souter96Mac
09-07-2017, 02:12 PM

So get Sir David hooked?

Pretty Boy
09-07-2017, 02:14 PM
0-2.

Poor defending again.

lord bunberry
09-07-2017, 02:14 PM
Edinburgh trades fortnight . Lots of folk on ther jollies like me ✈️😃🍸🍷🏆🇳🇬
And me.

BullsCloseHibs
09-07-2017, 02:15 PM

Comedy comes to Easter Rd!

Smartie
They've been miles better 2nd half.

If any of their young, quick, keen youngsters fancy a spell up here.....

green day
0-2.

Poor defending again.

Aye, starting with the midfield thinking they don't need to defend.

Borderhibbie76
09-07-2017, 02:16 PM
Really poor start to 2nd half...we look disjointed all over the park

Pretty Boy
09-07-2017, 02:18 PM
Sunderland hit the post, should be 3.

Walking through our midfield.

Gatecrasher
09-07-2017, 02:18 PM
Sunderland picked up the pace a bit and are the better side.

California-Hibs
09-07-2017, 02:19 PM
Pub song, nothing more.

😂 Right you are.

RIP
09-07-2017, 02:20 PM
It's like Lennon has ordered them not to tackle and that message has got through to the Sunderland players. Some subs now....

Pretty Boy
09-07-2017, 02:20 PM
3 subs coming up.

McGeough, Swanson and Fontaine off

Porteous, Graham and Pennant on.

Pete
09-07-2017, 02:21 PM
Let's try and put things in perspective. This is basically a Premiership club so even their reserves will be decent.

Souter96Mac
09-07-2017, 02:22 PM
Let's try and put things in perspective. This is basically a Premiership club so even their reserves will be decent.

I'm guessing you didn't really watch Sunderland last season then..

SChibs
09-07-2017, 02:23 PM
No shame in getting beat from a side like Sunderland. Just hope you can get a goal

Heisenberg
09-07-2017, 02:23 PM
They've got several players well above our standard. Itll be a good fitness exercise if nothing else.

Pete
09-07-2017, 02:26 PM
I'm guessing you didn't really watch Sunderland last season then..

They've been in the top flight for years so they are Premier League club in my eyes. A lower end one but still decent. They blow anyone up here out the water financially.

Pretty Boy
09-07-2017, 02:26 PM
There's no doubt Sunderland are much better this half, we are very, very sloppy though.

If nothing else today confirms we really need 2 strikers.

Pretty Boy
09-07-2017, 02:28 PM
1-2 Boyle.

Quick free kick by McGinn, howler from the keeper.

Northernhibee
09-07-2017, 02:29 PM
Boyle deserves that.

Souter96Mac
09-07-2017, 02:30 PM
They've been in the top flight for years so they are Premier League club in my eyes. A lower end one but still decent. They blow anyone up here out the water financially.

I get where you're coming from, I was only joking. Will be the toughest team we'll face til the league starts.

Pretty Boy
09-07-2017, 02:33 PM
2-2 Murray. Great goal, cross field ball, Gray takes it in his stride and puts it on a plate.

We have been much better the last 5 minutes or so. Taking our time again.