PDA

View Full Version : (NHC) German football, help needed.

H18 SFR
05-07-2017, 04:05 PM
Desperately needing some help, organising my mates stag do in Hamburg the second weekend in August. Both Hamburg and St Pauli have been drawn away from home scuppering our hopes to go to either ground. Can anyone tell me if any of the other games are in or in close proximity to Hamburg?

http://www.worldfootball.net/competition/dfb-pokal/

Big_Franck
05-07-2017, 04:08 PM
Desperately needing some help, organising my mates stag do in Hamburg the second weekend in August. Both Hamburg and St Pauli have been drawn away from home scuppering our hopes to go to either ground. Can anyone tell me if any of the other games are in or in close proximity to Hamburg?

Bremen is only an hour away from Hamburg. Werder are still in the top league there.

green&left
05-07-2017, 04:10 PM

Bremen's an hour away. Hannover an hour and a half should Bremen be away also that weekend.

lyonhibs
05-07-2017, 04:32 PM

It's amazing what a quick deek on Google Maps could have revealed!!

Enjoy Hamburg. One of my favourite cities anywhere in the world

Hibrandenburg
05-07-2017, 04:34 PM

Eintracht Norderstedt are at home to Wolfsburg that weekend. Norderstedt are in one of the German 4th Divisions and it's just north of Hamburg airport. A taxi from Hamburg town centre will cost you about €50 but if you take one from the airport it'll cost you less than €30. Some of the German lower league teams have some cracking facilities and a game against Wolfsburg should give it a decent atmosphere. Might be worth a bash.

St Pauli Hibee
05-07-2017, 04:54 PM
I would say go to Eintracht Norderstedt V VFL Wolfsburg, DFB Pokal game which should generate a good crowd and atmosphere.

You can get the U1 towards (Norderstedt Mitte) get off at Garstedt from there it's about a 5-10 minute walk to the ground.

Bratwurst, Beer & Football ahhhh bliss

18Hibee75
05-07-2017, 05:07 PM
Go to German football games a lot with my son. Werder bremen is where I go, very good fans and good atmosphere, not too far away from hamburg as well.

Sent from my F3211 using Tapatalk

Leith's finest
05-07-2017, 05:32 PM
In failing to get to a game go to the jolly roger pub which most people follow st pauli

H18 SFR
05-07-2017, 05:36 PM
Cheers everyone, the Jolly Roger comes highly recommended.

sambajustice
05-07-2017, 05:49 PM
Cheers everyone, the Jolly Roger comes highly recommended.

It's really just a German Bairds.

Worth a visit though. You might meet someone connected to the St Pauli ownership!

H18 SFR
05-07-2017, 06:05 PM
It's really just a German Bairds.

Worth a visit though. You might meet someone connected to the St Pauli ownership!

Any other pubs or entertainment venues anyone can recommend?

sambajustice
05-07-2017, 06:17 PM

The St Pauli district is just an area of utter nonsense. You won't have to go far to find some entertainment or pubs.

I'm just back from there on Monday past. An experience!

H18 SFR
05-07-2017, 06:19 PM
The St Pauli district is just an area of utter nonsense. You won't have to go far to find some entertainment or pubs.

I'm just back from there on Monday past. An experience!

Cheap or expensive for a pint and food?

sambajustice
05-07-2017, 06:27 PM
Depends where you go really. Ours was a drinking weekend so not too expensive. Down the Reeperbahn you can pick up 4 pints for €16-20 which isn't too cheap really. We were in the Jolly Rodger just round the corner and 330ml bottles of the local bevy were $2 each.

Where are you staying about? We were up near the train station.

St Pauli Hibee
05-07-2017, 06:27 PM

Eateries Kleine Pause, fantastic food, huge portions & cheap

Pubs -- Shebeen -- Unique as it's a bar and a hairdressers. Also Zum Silbersack -- for those who like German Schlager Music, nice atmosphere worth a stop try a Ratsherrn nice beer !!. If its a nice day try Strand St Pauli -- Beach Bar on the water front.

All these places are in and around the Reeperbahn in St. Pauli. There are so many bars though you really are spoilt for choice

Hibrandenburg
05-07-2017, 06:39 PM
Breakfast at the Fischmarkt. It's where you continue drinking after falling out the bars.

H18 SFR
05-07-2017, 07:22 PM
Any pubs that regularly show SPFL games live?

St Pauli Hibee
05-07-2017, 07:39 PM
Any pubs that regularly show SPFL games live?

Possibly The Shamrock Irish Bar on Feldstrasse, can't say 100% they will show games, but have been in before and they had premier league games on, so might be a decent shout.

H18 SFR
05-07-2017, 07:41 PM
Possibly The Shamrock Irish Bar on Feldstrasse, can't say 100% they will show games, but have been in before and they had premier league games on, so might be a decent shout.

Cheers

MKHIBEE
05-07-2017, 07:46 PM
If you go to Bremen there is a pub at the top of an underpass leading to the ground, we had a great time in there when we went, the Germans couldn't buy us enough beer. Hopefully another Hibee will be able to help with a name for the pub.

HibsSean4
06-07-2017, 08:33 AM
If you haven't already booked your flights I'd highly recommend changing the weekend so that you can get a Hamburg home game. I've just had my stag do at the end of March in Hamburg and the atmosphere for the whole day surrounding the football was unreal. Fair enough the majority of the Hamburg fans are sporting Loyalist attire but the day out was one of the best I've had.

Leith's finest
06-07-2017, 08:40 AM
Same here, you do get put in a quest area above away fans and are quite high up but it's a brll day there and at €4 for a pint with german girls up an down the aisles selling pint it makes it all the better

HibsSean4
06-07-2017, 10:16 AM
Same here, you do get put in a quest area above away fans and are quite high up but it's a brll day there and at €4 for a pint with german girls up an down the aisles selling pint it makes it all the better

Aye they tried to put us in the family section above the away fans as we were trying to buy 40 tickets so we ended up making 6 different accounts to buy tickets in the home end above the standing section. The walk to the stadium from the train station is even a good time as well with all the pop up bars and such.

H18 SFR
07-08-2017, 05:44 PM
All organised for the Eintracht Norderstedt V VFL Wolfsburg game this weekend boys, thanks for all your comments a while back.

Gutted to be missing the game at Ibrox but I'll try and stream it to my phone.

StPauli
07-08-2017, 06:09 PM
If you haven't already booked your flights I'd highly recommend changing the weekend so that you can get a Hamburg home game. I've just had my stag do at the end of March in Hamburg and the atmosphere for the whole day surrounding the football was unreal. Fair enough the majority of the Hamburg fans are sporting Loyalist attire but the day out was one of the best I've had.

Stay away from the dark side :agree: if you are changing the date then get down to the St Pauli district and enjoy the fantastic atmosphere surrounded by amazing supporters. HSV are baby the Rangers in fact if you look at Stokesys first goal in the cup final there was an HSV flag in the Rangers end:wink:

H18 SFR
07-08-2017, 06:18 PM
Stay away from the dark side :agree: if you are changing the date then get down to the St Pauli district and enjoy the fantastic atmosphere surrounded by amazing supporters. HSV are baby the Rangers in fact if you look at Stokesys first goal in the cup final there was an HSV flag in the Rangers end:wink:

We are arriving on Friday mate.

DickieDastardly
07-08-2017, 06:25 PM
Yip had a weekend footy trip to Hamburg a few years ago, there was a group of Huns on the plane also going to the match. However it was a great trip and I wouldn't say I felt any blue nose overtones once there; the atmosphere was fantastic, it was a sell out and they won 5-1.

What stood out was the fans behaviour, there was drinking on the train and in the stations, the supporters were mixed yet not a spot of bother; they actually had colour coded bottle banks on the walk to the ground which people were adhering too. We discussed at the time if this was Scotland there would almost certainly be fighting.

Hamburg also has a very interesting night life.....

H18 SFR
07-08-2017, 06:26 PM
Yip had a weekend footy trip to Hamburg a few years ago, there was a group of Huns on the plane also going to the match. However it was a great trip and I wouldn't say I felt any blue nose overtones once there; the atmosphere was fantastic, it was a sell out and they won 5-1.

What stood out was the fans behaviour, there was drinking on the train and in the stations, the supporters were mixed yet not a spot of bother; they actually had colour coded bottle banks on the walk to the ground which people were adhering too. We discussed at the time if this was Scotland there would almost certainly be fighting.

Hamburg also has a very interesting night life.....

We'd heard about the nightlife. Welcoming we heard ha ha!

StPauli
07-08-2017, 08:04 PM
We are arriving on Friday mate.
Enjoy all the delights that hamburg have to offer:thumbsup:

H18 SFR
07-08-2017, 08:07 PM
Enjoy all the delights that hamburg have to offer:thumbsup:

You couldn't give us a wee shortlist of pubs could you. Not really anything too fancy or expensive, places for banter, music, karaoke and birds.

DickieDastardly
07-08-2017, 08:28 PM
You couldn't give us a wee shortlist of pubs could you. Not really anything too fancy or expensive, places for banter, music, karaoke and birds.

Head to the Reeperbahn district, take it from there :thumbsup: