PDA

View Full Version : Huns signing policy

AugustaHibs
04-07-2017, 10:08 PM
Would I be right in saying they surely have now overspent excessively considering they are out of europe? Also, I'm wondering if the signing of dorrans will go through now as surely that was also accounted for in getting in to Europe?

Ach well who cares... what a laugh

Northernhibee
04-07-2017, 10:11 PM
"El Cheapio Optionio"

TRC
04-07-2017, 10:13 PM
Nae Kaffliks ken :lolrangers: aye xcause thats the main problem!

weecounty hibby
04-07-2017, 10:19 PM
It all went downhill after Maurice Johnston don't you know. They just need to sign 11 proddies called, Bill, Billy, Willie, Wull or William or at a push Mason and they will be ok

truehibernian
04-07-2017, 10:50 PM
It all went downhill after Maurice Johnston don't you know. They just need to sign 11 proddies called, Bill, Billy, Willie, Wull or William or at a push Mason and they will be ok

If you read Rangers Media mate you'd not be too far from the truth :faf:

On a serious note - how is that site allowed to continue ? Hate filled bile and nonsense, many posts bordering on hate crimes :agree: think their 'moderators' are taking the definition from historic religious figures and certainly not from modern society and other football forum moderators :greengrin :cb

Bostonhibby
04-07-2017, 10:54 PM
The now defunct Glasgow rangers once signed a player called orjan persson.

Wonder what attracted them to him? Even allowing for their inability to spell[emoji6]

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

SirDavidsNapper
04-07-2017, 10:59 PM
Poor lambs. They've just flogged their best player as well. No matter what happens in my life I'll always be thankfull I'm not a Rangers fan.

Time For Heroes
04-07-2017, 11:42 PM
If you read Rangers Media mate you'd not be too far from the truth :faf:

On a serious note - how is that site allowed to continue ? Hate filled bile and nonsense, many posts bordering on hate crimes :agree: think their 'moderators' are taking the definition from historic religious figures and certainly not from modern society and other football forum moderators :greengrin :cb

Never been on it until tonight, absolutely hilarious 😂😂😂
The bile that is written on that site is truely gobsmacking though.

GlesgaeHibby
04-07-2017, 11:57 PM
Would I be right in saying they surely have now overspent excessively considering they are out of europe? Also, I'm wondering if the signing of dorrans will go through now as surely that was also accounted for in getting in to Europe?

Ach well who cares... what a laugh

Absolutely, if the Dorrans signing comes off they'll have spent near enough £10m on players, having banked on getting to the group stages. They will be paying some of the new signings a fair whack as well I'd imagine. Only a matter of time before the house of cards collapses again.

monktonharp
05-07-2017, 12:06 AM
Absolutely, if the Dorrans signing comes off they'll have spent near enough £10m on players, having banked on getting to the group stages. They will be paying some of the new signings a fair whack as well I'd imagine. Only a matter of time before the house of cards collapses again.I have hardly read much football news or signing news for weeks now but, you saying they have spent that much on players? I find that staggering, given their precarious situation. :confused:

GlesgaeHibby
05-07-2017, 12:22 AM
I have hardly read much football news or signing news for weeks now but, you saying they have spent that much on players? I find that staggering, given their precarious situation. :confused:

They've signed about 8 or 9 new players. Found this, if Dorrans goes through it will be closer to £8.5m (if the fees are accurate). In any case, it's a staggering amount of money for a club in the position they're in. Ok though, Barry McKay netted then £450k :aok:

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/rangers-fc/transfers/verein/124

Oh, and big tax case verdict due today....

MichaelTheCelt
05-07-2017, 12:23 AM
Phil Mac (I know I know) posted quite an interesting piece regarding Europa League money and signings. Sorry I can't copy and paste Phil's site doesn't allow it.

https://philmacgiollabhain.ie/2017/07/04/no-progres-for-sevco/

lucky
05-07-2017, 07:37 AM
They sold 40,000 STs. Did a new deal on replica strips and sold out. The money they are spending won't really be an issue I doubt they are going to go bust.

hibsbollah
05-07-2017, 08:06 AM
They've signed about 8 or 9 new players. Found this, if Dorrans goes through it will be closer to £8.5m (if the fees are accurate). In any case, it's a staggering amount of money for a club in the position they're in. Ok though, Barry McKay netted then £450k :aok:

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/rangers-fc/transfers/verein/124

Oh, and big tax case verdict due today....

Sportsound quoted the £10million on transfers figure last night as well.

hibsbollah
05-07-2017, 08:08 AM
They sold 40,000 STs. Did a new deal on replica strips and sold out. The money they are spending won't really be an issue I doubt they are going to go bust.

But at some point over the next few years they are going to have to get into Europe properly or they're ****ed. Merchandise and ticket sales alone won't cover the cost of if players they're currently incurring.

Winston Ingram
05-07-2017, 08:12 AM

The new deal they signed was one final year with Sports Direct which pretty much means Sports Direct are hoovering up the lot for 1 more year.

They sold a similar number of ST's last year.

JeMeSouviens
05-07-2017, 09:36 AM
They are being kept afloat with soft loans provided by their directors (notably not much from the chairman :rolleyes:). As long as these guys are willing to put their hands in their pockets they'll keep limping along ...

CropleyWasGod
05-07-2017, 10:09 AM
They are being kept afloat with soft loans provided by their directors (notably not much from the chairman :rolleyes:). As long as these guys are willing to put their hands in their pockets they'll keep limping along ...

Yep, but those soft loans were probably on the basis of the Craig Whyte "let's get past Malmo, and we'll be fine" type.

The question now will be... how "locked-in" are they? Will the lenders now want them back?

You'd think that the strategy at Ibrox would have learned from the past, and made some.... cough...Progres.

JeMeSouviens
05-07-2017, 10:35 AM
Yep, but those soft loans were probably on the basis of the Craig Whyte "let's get past Malmo, and we'll be fine" type.

The question now will be... how "locked-in" are they? Will the lenders now want them back?

You'd think that the strategy at Ibrox would have learned from the past, and made some.... cough...Progres.

Yep, if patience runs out all bets are off. :cb

CropleyWasGod
05-07-2017, 10:41 AM
Yep, if patience runs out all bets are off. :cb

Patience and Rangers in the same breath? Never catch on....:greengrin

euro Hibby
05-07-2017, 11:59 AM
certainly looking flawed at the minute.......

Michael
05-07-2017, 12:04 PM

They sold plenty of season tickets when they went bust the first time; doesn't really help if you still spend more than you earn.

hughio
05-07-2017, 12:14 PM
Talk about a toxic brand!
The big tax case against them today!
Out of Europe.
Manager (new) is toast.They are the gift that keeps on giving.

Why?

Because it seems they will never learn that their brand of swaggering hubris is outdated.
The Lambeg Drum and all that UDA p***,the racism,insular BNP rubbish still motivates their brain-dead support.

Even the smarter ones I know hang on to that True Blue/Aye Loyal/wha's like us?/We arra peepul,bollux.

Hell mend them!

:na na:

DH1875
05-07-2017, 12:55 PM
Sportsound quoted the £10million on transfers figure last night as well.

I'm actually trying to work out who they've spent that on. Have they paid any big transfer fees I might have missed. Other than Bruno Alves, I've never herd of any of the signings. Must have missed one or two :confused:

Is It On....
05-07-2017, 04:01 PM
They will re-coup half of this now that $6m man Barrie McKay had been sold to Forest for..."aw naw £500k"..😂😂