PDA

View Full Version : The decisions you make

LichtieHibby
04-07-2017, 02:29 PM
During the school holidays a few years ago (post 2012), my wife took my two boys to a holiday club in Edinburgh. They were quite excited because the day was a secret outing day. These outings could be the cinema, fun parks, anything really.

Shortly after they had left I received a call from the wife to inform me that the surprise outing was a trip to Tynecastle.

I told her to take them out and bring them home. I called my boss and told him I had to work from home due to an unforeseen child care problem.

£40/£50 (I don’t recall) wasn’t credited back despite my severe protestations that the outing was ill considered and against my deep felt beliefs.

To this day, I think hooking them was worth it so I’m pretty confident my reaction was the right one. This is not likely to change, however, I offer up this little story to help us along on what appears to be another quiet news day.

Stalwart Hibby action or small minded?

Deansy
04-07-2017, 02:35 PM
During the school holidays a few years ago (post 2012), my wife took my two boys to a holiday club in Edinburgh. They were quite excited because the day was a secret outing day. These outings could be the cinema, fun parks, anything really.

Shortly after they had left I received a call from the wife to inform me that the surprise outing was a trip to Tynecastle.

I told her to take them out and bring them home. I called my boss and told him I had to work from home due to an unforeseen child care problem.

£40/£50 (I don’t recall) wasn’t credited back despite my severe protestations that the outing was ill considered and against my deep felt beliefs.

To this day, I think hooking them was worth it so I’m pretty confident my reaction was the right one. This is not likely to change, however, I offer up this little story to help us along on what appears to be another quiet news day.

Personally, I don't think it was the right reaction - I KNOW it was !

surreyhibbie
04-07-2017, 02:37 PM
Neither mate, shows what a caring parent you are

poor wee buggers could have been mentally scarred for life!!

fair play sir.

bigwheel
04-07-2017, 02:38 PM

...I love little stories like this :aok: I think these moments of petty mindedness generally define a real football fan.

ManBearPig
04-07-2017, 02:39 PM
Well played sir
NOW!
That's what I call parenting

LancsHibs
04-07-2017, 02:41 PM
Was the Real Mary's King Close closed that day then?

lord bunberry
04-07-2017, 02:41 PM
You should be getting an award mate.

LichtieHibby
04-07-2017, 02:49 PM
Fantastic responses. Thank you.

greenlex
04-07-2017, 03:03 PM
Love it.

KSA Hibee
04-07-2017, 03:09 PM
Sorry but the question HAS to be asked ..... are you still married to this woman for putting these poor wee souls through something that could have led to PTSD (post tynecastle stress disorder):wink:

:flag::flag::aok:

hibbie02
04-07-2017, 03:09 PM
To be fair though, I was dragged a long to that sheighthole when I was a wee laddie by well meaning relatives (I had a lot of them....) back in the early 70s. All it did for me was confirm my worst fears about those morons and their piss soaked ground. I had to have a bath and disinfect all of my clothes afterwards. Always felt superior being a Hibbie after that! :flag::flag::flag:

CMurdoch
04-07-2017, 03:40 PM
I am afraid in later years your boys will repeat this story to illustrate how mentally disturbed their father was :wink:

itslegaltender
04-07-2017, 03:41 PM
I came home to find my son in a England David Beckham T shirt that my wife had got that day for him as it was a "bargain". T-shirt was quickly disposed of never to see the light of day again.

H18 SFR
04-07-2017, 04:21 PM
When my daughter was born the wife's mother and faither flew over from Ireland, he had picked up a Celtic top in Dublin to wind me up dispite being a huge Leeds Utd fan rather than Celtic.

I instantly disposed of it in the bin in the maternity ward much to everyone's delight, ironically including him (he's weird that way).

Re the OP, great work. Keep it up.