PDA

View Full Version : Bizarre Cummings comments about playing against Rangers

G B Young
04-07-2017, 01:42 PM
Cummings said: “Mark Warburton did a good job at Rangers. When I played against him in the Championship, he got them promoted.
“Every time we played against Rangers, it was our hardest game. They did play us off the park the majority of times we played them. They did that to most teams.
“They did batter us a few times. I liked the way he got them playing and hopefully we will see the same here.
“I am excited about playing in a side that likes to play good football. The style the manager likes to play is brilliant to play in."

Did we not give Rangers as many beatings as they gave us during the two seasons we faced them in the Championship? Not to mention the Scottish Cup final...

Michael
04-07-2017, 01:48 PM
Trying to keep his manager happy probably. Warburton beat us 6-2 and won the Ibrox games IIRC. We won the most important one of course...

H18 SFR
He's clearly talking absolute crap. This is what happens when you play under Warburton, expected to talk utter crap. What an absolute embarrassment.

lord bunberry
Cummings said: “Mark Warburton did a good job at Rangers. When I played against him in the Championship, he got them promoted.
“Every time we played against Rangers, it was our hardest game. They did play us off the park the majority of times we played them. They did that to most teams.
“They did batter us a few times. I liked the way he got them playing and hopefully we will see the same here.
“I am excited about playing in a side that likes to play good football. The style the manager likes to play is brilliant to play in."

Did we not give Rangers as many beatings as they gave us during the two seasons we faced them in the Championship? Not to mention the Scottish Cup final...
I very much doubt those are his words. They certainly didn't batter us in the cup final.

oneone73
04-07-2017, 01:49 PM

Jason appeared against the Huns 11 times. We won seven of those games.

RIP Bestie
04-07-2017, 01:50 PM

What do you expect him to say?
"The manager is a f***wit, his team are p**h and we regularly played them off the park. He hasn't a clue and it was great to ram it up the smug bast**d in the cup final"

MWHIBBIES
04-07-2017, 01:50 PM
If you take the pointless Petrofac game out in which we had 7 first team players injured and 2 more go off during the match we had a winning record against his team. Cummings talking utter ***** IMO

Also, the way Warburton had them playing involved the defenders passing the ball amongst themselves for the majority of the game, I'm sure Cummings will love that.

H18 SFR
04-07-2017, 01:51 PM
What do you expect him to say?
"The manager is a f***wit, his team are p**h and we regularly played them off the park. He hasn't a clue and it was great to ram it up the smug bast**d in the cup final"

Nothing would be better than talking absolute crap. I can only imagine he was absolutely cringing when he said that.

portyhibernian
04-07-2017, 01:52 PM
Sounds like he's saying that to get onside with his new club and fans, it's certainly not true.

H18 SFR
04-07-2017, 01:53 PM
Sounds like he's saying that to get onside with his new club and fans, it's certainly not true.

Dangerous tactic, someone will call bull**** on the Notts Forest fans forum. We pumped them too many times not to notice.

hibsbollah
04-07-2017, 01:53 PM

All that needs to be said really. We own the hun.

SeanWilson
04-07-2017, 01:54 PM
The lad is now employed by Forrest and he's managed by the respectful man. In my trade, you don't drive for city cabs and tell every passenger to use central....

CapitalGreen
04-07-2017, 01:55 PM
who cares? Player speaking positively about new team and manager shock!

Phil MaGlass
04-07-2017, 01:59 PM
listen lads, this is the guy that took an adaptor tae Wales, need I say more. More cabbage than ribs.

Suburban Hibby
04-07-2017, 02:00 PM
The lad is now employed by Forrest and he's managed by the respectful man. In my trade, you don't drive for city cabs and tell every passenger to use central....

you should though, far superior.....

Keith_M
04-07-2017, 02:01 PM
Funny but I could have sworn I was at a Xmas game at ER where we totally annihilated them (4-0 going on ten, IIRC)

This (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6N2Gfhgv7RA) is obviously a fake video as well.

LancsHibs
04-07-2017, 02:07 PM
He's let himself down there!

hibsbollah
04-07-2017, 02:09 PM
Funny but I could have sworn I was at a Xmas game at ER where we totally annihilated them (4-0 going on ten, IIRC)

This (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6N2Gfhgv7RA) is obviously a fake video as well.

I'd forgotten that 4th goal, outstanding from start to finish by Liam Craig. The 2nd isnt bad either.

Dunbar Hibee
04-07-2017, 02:10 PM

Yeah, but Warburton wasn't in charge then?

I don't really see the problem with what Cummings has said, tbh.

Real Emerald
04-07-2017, 02:13 PM
His interviews are always a bit bizarre, you never know what he's going to come out with. Don't think it should worry anyone, it's just a typical Jason interview.

SeanWilson
04-07-2017, 02:21 PM
you should though, far superior.....

😜

NORTHERNHIBBY
04-07-2017, 02:35 PM
He is a Nottingham Forrest plsyer now. Talking p!sh but if it gets him in the manager's good books then good luck to him.

Keith_M
04-07-2017, 02:42 PM

True, but he seemed to be making a sweeping statement about our encounters with New Hun throughout our time in the Championship.

Deansy
04-07-2017, 03:11 PM

Keith Jackson now working for the 'Nottingham Post' ??

Bostonhibby
04-07-2017, 03:19 PM
He is a Nottingham Forrest plsyer now. Talking p!sh but if it gets him in the manager's good books then good luck to him.
Agree.

Every forest player will be getting lessons in nonsensical long winded drivel / excuses from the ungracious bellend that is managing them.

He's a bad loser as well.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

.Sean.
04-07-2017, 03:20 PM

Easily in my top 5 games I've seen at Easter Road in my 24 years of going to the football. Canny beat a bit of hunskelping.

barcahibs
04-07-2017, 03:34 PM
Always find posts like this quite amusing. Why on earth would anyone believe or take at face value anything a player/manager says in a media interview?

With only a very few maverick exceptions (generally folk coming to the end of their career) hey will say exactly what the fans/current club/manager wants to hear. Their actual thoughts/views dont come into it.

Anyone would do the same. There are things about my company and colleagues i don't particularly like but if a national newspaper came and offered to pass my thoughts on to the nation I'd cheerfully say how wonderful everything and everyone is?

Sports interviews really arent worth the paper they're badly written on.

GordonHFC
04-07-2017, 03:36 PM
You have to remember JC is 2 sandwiches short of a picnic 😊

OsloHibs
04-07-2017, 04:07 PM
They were always our hardest games, even in the games we won. Lots of goals in them for both teams overy the 3 seasons. He's allowed his own opinion- he played in them!

BH Hibs
04-07-2017, 04:09 PM
He's hardly going to belt out a verse or two of Warburtons a Fanny is he?

SouthMoroccoStu
04-07-2017, 04:11 PM

Why no? :wink:

ancient hibee
04-07-2017, 04:48 PM
Handy to have on his cv when he's back up here in 18 months to replace Kenny Miller.

IWasThere2016
04-07-2017, 04:58 PM
listen lads, this is the guy that took an adaptor tae Wales, need I say more. More cabbage than ribs.

:faf:

offshorehibby
04-07-2017, 05:00 PM

But he is

Mick O'Rourke
04-07-2017, 05:25 PM
Picture the scene

Jason is in the changing room showing off his shiny Scottish Cup medal to his new team mates.

Warbo walks in
"Never mind the medal,you !

Did you, or any of your team mates up there, or those violent fans find my magic hat "

"Naw gaffer, Pedro found it and swapped it for a sombrero"

Waxy
04-07-2017, 05:38 PM

Exactly. He probably didn't even say those words exactly and it doesnt matter anyway. He has to show he's behind his manager. Good luck to him.

Niffy
04-07-2017, 05:47 PM
Ach leave it. Just paying lip service to his boss, he was never the sharpest pencil.

iwasthere1972
04-07-2017, 05:53 PM
The fact is that he didn't have to make any comments. Totally baffling and a complete pack of lies.

Onceinawhile
04-07-2017, 06:16 PM
The fact is that he didn't have to make any comments. Totally baffling and a complete pack of lies.

He did though. What's he to do when the local paper ask him about his experiences of his new manager?

Say no comment?

He's bigging his manager up in an attempt to 1) ingratiate himself with us new gaffer and 2) to get his new fans onside.

If he says no comment or something like that he's instantly in the bad books.

Feed McGraw
04-07-2017, 06:16 PM
The fact is that he didn't have to make any comments. Totally baffling and a complete pack of lies. Exactly, or if he did want to waffle a load of nonsense just say Warburton is a good manager who`s teams play good football, why spout garbage that shows Hibs in a bad light ? Baffling indeed.

SirDavidsNapper
04-07-2017, 06:25 PM
Jason isn't the sharpest and he's young. We've all said stupid things at that age. He's not our player anymore so what he says isn't really of interest to me. Hope he is a success down there through.

heretoday
04-07-2017, 06:35 PM
Keep smiling and take the money, Jason!

lord bunberry
04-07-2017, 06:43 PM
I ken it Jason kens it even patsy kensit. Rangers were our bitches. No amount of sucking up to the Nottingham post will change that. 3-2 get it right roond ye

iwasthere1972
04-07-2017, 06:49 PM
He did though. What's he to do when the local paper ask him about his experiences of his new manager?

Say no comment?

He's bigging his manager up in an attempt to 1) ingratiate himself with us new gaffer and 2) to get his new fans onside.

If he says no comment or something like that he's instantly in the bad books.

Just say that Warburton is magic but don't make out that they destroyed us every time we played them. It's really quite simple.

Scott Allan Key
04-07-2017, 06:53 PM
Easily in my top 5 games I've seen at Easter Road in my 24 years of going to the football. Canny beat a bit of hunskelping.

That's a great new word, I think, we hit it off badly occasionally, .Sean., but 'hunskelping' is a great place name to set a massacre in in a historic novel, of no-good renegades. Thanks, 'Hibs on Tour' rules obviously.

Super_JMcGinn
04-07-2017, 06:59 PM
Just say that Warburton is magic but don't make out that they destroyed us every time we played them. It's really quite simple.

Are you really that sensitive to what is said in the press about Hibs by a former player? I don't believe for a minute he would have said anything in any way shape or form derogatory about us.

The press is belittled on here daily by a few posters yet the same people choose to believe certain stories when it suits, bizarre if you ask me.

Pretty Boy
04-07-2017, 07:05 PM
Players will say almost anything to get onside with new fans.

It's like all those players who pitched up at Hibs because they were 'wowed by the training facilities'.

hibsbollah
04-07-2017, 07:06 PM
That's a great new word, I think, we hit it off badly occasionally, .Sean., but 'hunskelping' is a great place name to set a massacre in in a historic novel, of no-good renegades. Thanks, 'Hibs on Tour' rules obviously.

Hunskelping is definitely Word of the Week. Kudos Sean. In fact #hunskelping.

Northernhibee
04-07-2017, 07:52 PM

He might.

Paisley Hibby
04-07-2017, 08:18 PM

That is clearly a lie as I don't think Cummings ever played against Rangers and Warburton certainly never managed them.

broondog
04-07-2017, 10:12 PM
he's really let himself down with those comments there. what a pack of lies, we rinsed the Huns numerous times when we came up against them.

Cummings is a distinctively average player who we did well to cash in on. hope he rots down there

SRHibs
04-07-2017, 10:15 PM
he's really let himself down with those comments there. what a pack of lies, we rinsed the Huns numerous times when we came up against them.

Cummings is a distinctively average player who we did well to cash in on. hope he rots down there

You're kidding right? Hope he rots? Very yammish indeed.

broondog
04-07-2017, 10:19 PM
You're kidding right? Hope he rots? Very yammish indeed.

call it what you like, but I do hope he rots.would be interesting to hear your justification for his comments bigging up Rangers and that fud Warburton?

SRHibs
04-07-2017, 10:21 PM
call it what you like, but I do hope he rots.would be interesting to hear your justification for his comments bigging up Rangers and that fud Warburton?

Because he's a young lad who's trying to get on his manager's side? I disagree with his comments but I'm not going to completely disregard all that he's done for us over the past 3 years based on one or two daft sentences. JC is a cup and league winning legend.

broondog
04-07-2017, 10:26 PM
Because he's a young lad who's trying to get on his manager's side? I disagree with his comments but I'm not going to completely disregard all that he's done for us over the past 3 years based on one or two daft sentences. JC is a cup and league winning legend.

Agreed. all the more reason to show the club that made him some respect. you can get on Warburtons side by playing well for him and establishing a relationship inside the dressing room. lying about a former club and bigging up a Hun in the media doesn't sit well with me at all and it really shouldn't for you either

Dunbar Hibee
04-07-2017, 10:26 PM

Some way to talk about a Hibernian legend. Get a grip.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
04-07-2017, 10:44 PM
Some way to talk about a Hibernian legend. Get a grip.

Cut the wee felly a bit of slack, he's buttering up the fanny to get a game. No harm done.

The laddie is a SC legend...

GreenOnions
04-07-2017, 11:00 PM

Great stat - and sounds about right. We put a fair few in their net too over that period. Warburton was never gracious in defeat though was he? I think Jason just got mixed up between the two teams.

Heisenberg
05-07-2017, 06:44 AM
He's hardly going to say "Aye, Warbs' hun team played a lot of tippy pish against us that usually went nowhere and we beat them more than they beat us....oh aye and we won the Scottish Cup against his team for the first time in 114 years".

DTS
05-07-2017, 08:39 AM
Great stat - and sounds about right. We put a fair few in their net too over that period. Warburton was never gracious in defeat though was he? I think Jason just got mixed up between the two teams.

Great start if it was true however I make it 13 games with 7 wins for us and 6 for them

Steve-O
05-07-2017, 08:43 AM

During Warburton's time at Rangers we were 3 wins each out of six games. Therefore Cummings is talking pish.

CapitalGreen
05-07-2017, 08:53 AM
Agreed. all the more reason to show the club that made him some respect. you can get on Warburtons side by playing well for him and establishing a relationship inside the dressing room. lying about a former club and bigging up a Hun in the media doesn't sit well with me at all and it really shouldn't for you either

You're a total weirdo mate. Stopped acting like a wee laddie who's just been dumped by his bird. Jason has moved on, so should you.

G B Young
05-07-2017, 09:01 AM
Overall Hibs v Rangers results since 2014/15

Rangers 1 Hibs 0 (aet, Challenge Cup first round)
Rangers 1 Hibs 3
Hibs 4 Rangers 0
Rangers 0 Hibs 2
Hibs 0 Rangers 2
Rangers 2 Hibs 0 (play-off first leg)
Hibs 1 Rangers 0 (play-off second leg)
Hibs 2 Rangers 6 (Challenge Cup first round)
Rangers 1 Hibs 0
Hibs 2 Rangers 1
Rangers 4 Hibs 2
Hibs 3 Rangers 2
Hibs 3 Rangers 2 (Scottish Cup final)

oneone73
05-07-2017, 09:08 AM
All Hibs v The Rangers results

Rangers 1 Hibs 3
Hibs 4 Rangers 0
Rangers 0 Hibs 2
Hibs 0 Rangers 2
Rangers 1 Hibs 0
Hibs 2 Rangers 1
Rangers 4 Hibs 2
Hibs 3 Rangers 2

Fixed that for you.

broondog
05-07-2017, 09:10 AM
You're a total weirdo mate. Stopped acting like a wee laddie who's just been dumped by his bird. Jason has moved on, so should you.

what are you on about ya fud? your reference doesn't even make sense. Really not bothered that Cummings left, we got a million for him which was a good amount for someone who wasn't even that good a finisher. My issue is with the comments he made that he didn't have to. Not sure how you can still defend what he has said.

CapitalGreen
05-07-2017, 09:21 AM
what are you on about ya fud? your reference doesn't even make sense. Really not bothered that Cummings left, we got a million for him which was a good amount for someone who wasn't even that good a finisher. My issue is with the comments he made that he didn't have to. Not sure how you can still defend what he has said.

Because it doesn't bother me. He's bigging up his new manager in the press, I'd probably do the same thing if I was in his situation too. You're a grown man (I assume), why are getting so offended by a couple of comments a footballer has given to the press? Grow up.

DTS
05-07-2017, 09:21 AM
Fixed that for you.

First score not right, was 2-1(aet)

--------
05-07-2017, 09:51 AM
He's going to find it hard to score goals for Forest if he doesn't get his nose out from between Bread-man's buttocks. :devil:

WeeRussell
05-07-2017, 11:45 AM

I'm no Sherlock Holmes. But I get the impression you're trying to hide a real dislike for Jason Cummings.

lord bunberry
05-07-2017, 12:07 PM
I'm no Sherlock Holmes. But I get the impression you're trying to hide a real dislike for Jason Cummings.

You're a fud anaw then :greengrin

WeeRussell
06-07-2017, 08:20 AM
You're a fud anaw then :greengrin

Oh that was never in question :)

since90plustwo
06-07-2017, 09:16 AM
Think people have taken this a bit seriously. Alot of what Cummings has said, green tinted specks off, was true. Some was not.

Rangers were our hardest game - Definately
The battered us a few times? Yes 6-2 & 4-2
Played us off the park most times is probably the only incorrect statement.

We played them 6 times, 3 wins a piece. Them scoring 16 and us 12. Get off his back

Bostonhibby
06-07-2017, 09:36 AM
Think people have taken this a bit seriously. Alot of what Cummings has said, green tinted specks off, was true. Some was not.

Rangers were our hardest game - Definately
The battered us a few times? Yes 6-2 & 4-2
Played us off the park most times is probably the only incorrect statement.

We played them 6 times, 3 wins a piece. Them scoring 16 and us 12. Get off his back
This is where I am now. I don't think the numbers bear out what he's saying at all but not going to hold it against him, it's the hammer of the hearts we're talking about here and at least he wouldn't be able to say the same thing if he ever found himself working with one of their ex managers[emoji1]

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Bad Martini
06-07-2017, 11:55 AM
Translation issues maybes...

Reporter : "So, what do you think of your new manager Jason?"
JC : "Aye, ken, well he's got a magic hat and that ken, but likesay, that's alright then eh, didnae work but fair enough eh".
Reporter: "A magic hat? Can you elaborate on that please?"
JC : "Aye well never mind eh - its aw fine like now - aye his hat wisnae magic like, only worked against Dumbarton but ken, his team was good like aye"
JC : "But no in the final though eh, but ken sometimes they played us of the park eh but no then like, we like, slapped them there eh."
Reporter: "I see. And did you notice anything about the style of play when you come up against his rangers team?"
JC: "Aye well no but well they're alright eh. Ken, I dunno like. Just ken that the hat wasnae that magic but that's alright eh."
JC: "Anyway, did ye see ma Pirlo then? Aye, ken, that was good like. Just kinda seen it and thought aye, God feet...aye, ken?"
Reporter: "Yesss, who is this Ken chap you keep referring to then?"
JC: "Aye, ken is like know, ye ken? Aye? Barry."
Reporter: "So, to summarise, you are saying Rangers battered the Hibs...."
JC: "Aye well no but mind, its no the Hibs, its THE rangers ken mate, aye? Anyways, ken, they were barry and that but no as barry as us ken"
Reporter: "Yes, I see. And Mark Warburton is a good manager? Is that right?"
JC: "Aye, well aye obviously ken. He's barry Hat doesnae work but the gaffers always respectful, ken."
Reporter: "Barry or ken? Who are these people?"
JC: "Aye well it doesnae matter anyway. Just like, mind ma Pirlo and watch when it leaves ma fit...its gon one way baby eh"
Reporter: "OK, thanks Jason"
JC: "Aye, nae bother mate eh. Mind, the magic hat and that eh. That's quality. Don't forget the hat" :greengrin

...meantime, the good people of Nottingham are wondering what the actual **** this business is with the magic hat and who the **** is Ken and Barry :greengrin

Steve-O
06-07-2017, 10:22 PM
Overall Hibs v Rangers results since 2014/15

Rangers 1 Hibs 3
Hibs 4 Rangers 0
Rangers 0 Hibs 2
Hibs 0 Rangers 2
Rangers 1 Hibs 0
Hibs 2 Rangers 1
Rangers 4 Hibs 2
Hibs 3 Rangers 2

Sure that first result is wrong as I seem to recall Handling equalising?

WeeRussell
07-07-2017, 11:30 AM
Sure that first result is wrong as I seem to recall Handling equalising?

And then sent off AET? 1-1 in normal time maybe?

1van Sprou7e
08-07-2017, 11:36 AM
It was 2-1 AET, remember Handling was excellent in the #10 role that day before he was unfairly sent off

Glory Lurker
08-07-2017, 10:38 PM
Saw a promo today for the Forest away kit with Jase modelling it. I take it that he really has gone?:dunno:

08-07-2017, 11:08 PM
And then sent off AET? 1-1 in normal time maybe?

Yeah they won 2-1 AET. Remember it well as we put in a good showing in our first competitive game post b*tcher.

--------
09-07-2017, 06:21 AM
Saw a promo today for the Forest away kit with Jase modelling it. I take it that he really has gone?:dunno:

I don't think he'd have been brown-nosing the Bread-Man the way he was if he was still signed up for Hibs.

At least I hope not. :bitchy:

09-07-2017, 05:29 PM
who cares? Player speaking positively about new team and manager shock!

He could have done that without speaking negatively about his old team. I get he's just trying to big up his new manager but saying rangers regularly played us off the park is just total nonsense and isn't very respectful to us.

Needs to think a bit more before he speaks but I wish him all the best, he will forever be a hibs hero for his part in us winning the Scottish cup.