PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else fed up?

18Hibee75
04-07-2017, 12:44 PM
Sorry to be such a moan but after hearing that the Luke Berry deal is more than likely going to collapse as we cannot agree personal terms, is anyone else just itching to hear a decent bit of transfer news and getting frustrated at the time it takes to get deals done?

I'm probably being a pessimist and I'm not even sure what my point is.

Sent from my F3211 using Tapatalk

Michael
04-07-2017, 12:47 PM
We have a month before the first league game. Plenty of time to bring players in.

lord bunberry
04-07-2017, 12:47 PM
Sorry to be such a moan but after hearing that the Luke Berry deal is more than likely going to collapse as we cannot agree personal terms, is anyone else just itching to hear a decent bit of transfer news and getting frustrated at the time it takes to get deals done?

It's more frustrating than anything else. I'm sure we will be ready by the start of the league season, but patience isn't a virtue I possess

MyJo
04-07-2017, 12:53 PM
I'm more fed up with everyone on here and Facebook pages having tantrums and hissy-fits like a bunch of spoilt toddlers.

Smartie
04-07-2017, 12:54 PM
I wouldn't say fed up.

Very slightly concerned, maybe.

The last 3 transfer windows haven't been as good as the three before them, so it will be interesting to see how this one pans out.

We've made some great acquisitions so far, but there is no doubt that we need more.

If Berry has been a player that Lennon has identified and really wanted to go for then it would be of great concern if a deal isn't done when all the parties wanted something to happen.

Although we can't be held to ransom by anyone......

Speedway
04-07-2017, 12:58 PM
Oh I know, it's been 4 whole days since we signed our last internationalist.

What ARE we playing at??!!

CapitalGreen
04-07-2017, 01:03 PM

If it makes you so fed up maybe take some time off from Hibs.net. Surely you can find a better way to spend your time than writing negative posts about something that gets you so down. Maybe read a book or do some light exercise.

Kato
04-07-2017, 01:09 PM
Fed up with folks getting all excited at rumours or ongoing deals and slating the club when no signings come from said rumours or discussions.

Geo_1875
04-07-2017, 01:09 PM
I long for the days when clubs just announced that they had signed a player. I'm fed up of the pish that we have to put up with from the rags who pick up their "information" from here, facebook and twitter. Half the rumours are published as news by these lazy *******s that call themselves journalists. Next thing you know we've missed out on someone who we were never interested in the first place. Then you get the ****stirring from the laptop loyal who will do anything to upset Celtc and Hibs. Lennon for the Preston job being the latest piece of nonsense. I think I might just disconnect until the transfer window is closed.

Brightside
04-07-2017, 01:11 PM

What we really need it more threads like this.

hibsbollah
04-07-2017, 01:11 PM
The weather is for **** as well. July and August has higher rainfall than February in this stupid ****ing country. What's the point of even pretending summer holidays with the kids is in any way enjoyable ffs?

Hibs90
04-07-2017, 01:12 PM
Maybe we need a 'rumour' forum. :confused:

Dalianwanda
04-07-2017, 01:12 PM
Record season ticket sales..4 quality signings done early..Quality of rumoured signings very high..Record Strip Sales (nice home & away strips)..Strong Manager..SPL to come! And loads of other things beside...Im not sure whats to be fed up about tbh..Frustrated perhaps but thats frustrated with myself that I keep getting my hopes up with unsubstantiated rumours..We will sign more players & I'm 90% sure they are gonna be good ones..Chin up :flag::greengrin:flag:

seanshow
04-07-2017, 01:13 PM
Oh I know, it's been 4 whole days since we signed our last internationalist.

What ARE we playing at??!!

I agree too many panic merchants,
last week some had Neil Lennon off to Preston...and look what happened to that story

ancient hibee
04-07-2017, 01:19 PM
Maybe we need a 'rumour' forum. :confused:

It would never catch on.

hibee1875
04-07-2017, 02:00 PM
Do Ambrose and Marciano not count as new signings because they were here last season?

We've already signed 4 new players, yes we need more but its not as if we've signed none!

Hamilton let go of 11 players at the end of the season and are yet to sign one single sole. I can't imagine the state of their fans forums right now!

jodjam
04-07-2017, 02:05 PM

Absolutely not. Good deals done early. Last few days another internationalist has joined up. Yes we need options up front but so does every side.

Borderhibbie76
04-07-2017, 02:08 PM
Listen if we are all being totally honest I think we would all have liked more signings confirmed by now...especially in the forward areas. For whatever reason it ain't happened yet...I am slightly concerned but we have to trust Lennon and Dempster and I'm sure they will deliver what's required in due course...hopefully soon so these signings can bed in before the league starts...we have 4 decent signings in already more than decent, we just need to hope the strikers we sign are of same standard.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

West lower
04-07-2017, 02:09 PM
Do Ambrose and Marciano not count as new signings because they were here last season?

We've already signed 4 new players, yes we need more but its not as if we've signed none!

Hamilton let go of 11 players at the end of the season and are yet to sign one single sole. I can't imagine the state of their fans forums right now!

They are both going mental.

bigwheel
04-07-2017, 02:11 PM
They are both going mental.

:greengrin:greengrin they don't have a forum...they don't even have enough for a WhatsApp group :wink:

yonder1875
04-07-2017, 02:11 PM
I'm just bored of it all, this is pure silly season - can't wait for the football to return.

HoboHarry
04-07-2017, 02:14 PM
:greengrin:greengrin they don't have a forum...they don't even have enough for a WhatsApp group :wink:
No need to use a Whatsapp when you can use two baked bean cans and a piece of string.......

jeffers
04-07-2017, 02:14 PM
I think our signings so far have been some of the best we've made in a while. Only frustration for me is the ongoing Whittaker/Skokes will he/won't he, but that's just part of the internet age we live in.

bigwheel
04-07-2017, 02:17 PM
No need to use a Whatsapp when you can use two baked bean cans and a piece of string.......

:wink: ah the light relief from this pre season waiting game madness :aok:

TonyStokeprano
04-07-2017, 02:26 PM

your not the only one, most fans i speak to on a daily basis are getting increasingly frustrated at the lack of action in the attacking positions, and the fact certain players have joined other teams (stewart,maloney,boyce,lafferty, scougall, mcnulty, allan) all players that i feel would have strengthened the side that have moved for free or a small fee in todays market.

Then we have kenny millar who's brother works at hibs announcing every other day that were gonna conclude this deal and that deal and nothings happening.

you've got every right to be fed up,folk call us bedwetters because we want some planning in place before the window opens and not to be scraping about in august. the fans have backed the board with record season ticket sales, record home and away kit sales apparently, dvd last year, photo shoot, monthly hsl, big crowds last season, throw in the cummings sale and the split of the old firm gate receipt for a second year in a row and id have hoped we'd be a bit better prepared this year.

then again we might announce whittaker, mackay steven , henderson, stokes, ciftci and berry before the window closes and it would be a different story !

Captain Trips
04-07-2017, 02:33 PM
My concern would be if NL is targeting players and we are not getting them could it piss him off enough to say not working out?

SRHibs
04-07-2017, 02:35 PM
Our policy just seems to be a bit worrying. The only signings that look like they might come are Whittaker and Stokes, and you get the feeling that they aren't exactly enthused at the prospect. Stokes is a legend, but Hibs seem to be where he returns to after all else fails, and Whittaker stalling makes me think he's holding out for better elsewhere. Of course, I'm likely putting a negative spin on things, but the feel good factor is gradually dissipating for me.

18Hibee75
04-07-2017, 02:36 PM
your not the only one, most fans i speak to on a daily basis are getting increasingly frustrated at the lack of action in the attacking positions, and the fact certain players have joined other teams (stewart,maloney,boyce,lafferty, scougall, mcnulty, allan) all players that i feel would have strengthened the side that have moved for free or a small fee in todays market.

Then we have kenny millar who's brother works at hibs announcing every other day that were gonna conclude this deal and that deal and nothings happening.

you've got every right to be fed up,folk call us bedwetters because we want some planning in place before the window opens and not to be scraping about in august. the fans have backed the board with record season ticket sales, record home and away kit sales apparently, dvd last year, photo shoot, monthly hsl, big crowds last season, throw in the cummings sale and the split of the old firm gate receipt for a second year in a row and id have hoped we'd be a bit better prepared this year.

then again we might announce whittaker, mackay steven , henderson, stokes, ciftci and berry before the window closes and it would be a different story !
👏

Lago
04-07-2017, 03:07 PM
Our policy just seems to be a bit worrying. The only signings that look like they might come are Whittaker and Stokes, and you get the feeling that they aren't exactly enthused at the prospect. Stokes is a legend, but Hibs seem to be where he returns to after all else fails, and Whittaker stalling makes me think he's holding out for better elsewhere. Of course, I'm likely putting a negative spin on things, but the feel good factor is gradually dissipating for me.
No your pretty much spot on, my worry is that after all the rumours we end up with a Holt & Graham type signing. If that were to happen I reckon this place would go into melt down.

BH Hibs
04-07-2017, 03:19 PM
It happens especially when there is no World Cup or Euros to talk about. Then I got my ticket for Sunday through the door today and I felt a lot less fed up. Although this place does seem to reek a bit at present.

.Sean.
04-07-2017, 03:22 PM
I'm fed up. Sick and fed up.

Of the constant negative drivel, whingeing and bickering on this forum and that 'Hibspage' on Facebook. It's incessant and spreads apathy.

The day I greet about no signing a player from a team like Cambridge is the day I pack it in. Get a grip.

Bishop Hibee
04-07-2017, 03:27 PM
I'm fed up. On holiday and it's 11C in Leith and pouring rain all day. Petrie!!!!!!!!!

Mick O'Rourke
04-07-2017, 03:39 PM
Agree with that.
You would think we are the only club looking for players.
The window just opened a few days ago.
As the saying goes......

" it's a jungle out there"

The signings so far and the re-signings please me.
I do not think there is any doubt Hibernian will sign 2 or 3 more before the season starts.

Is there?

As for Luke?
I suppose Hibernian have made him a offer by now (personal terms)
Down to him,now.
I have heard of most of the players we have been linked with.
Luke was not one of them
He probably is better known now up here than he is in Cambridgeshire.

Jones28
04-07-2017, 03:44 PM
I'm just bored tbh, roll on Thursday!

FitbaFolkKen
04-07-2017, 03:45 PM
Aye, I fly to Majorca tomorrow and I'm having to stay in Newcastle tonight in the pissing rain!

I predict tomorrow I'm going to be by the pool, drinking beer in 30 degrees getting the sunburn of my life celebrating some great new signings.

GreenLake
04-07-2017, 03:57 PM
I am fed up of drinking and can't seem to find a reason not to.

Maybe I should abstain between Hibs last game of the season until Leanne states that there will be no more signings.

SRHibs
04-07-2017, 03:59 PM
I'm gonna occupy myself by thinking up a great song for our star striker Brian Graham!

SirDavidsNapper
04-07-2017, 04:02 PM
Looking forward to going on holiday on Sunday for two weeks (this place driving me nuts). Hopefully by the time I turn my phone back on we'll have a raft of new signings!

FitbaFolkKen
04-07-2017, 04:05 PM
I'm gonna occupy myself by thinking up a great song for our star striker Brian Graham!

https://youtu.be/vAD47ol6L8I

That'll tide you over, cracking header!

tamig
04-07-2017, 04:10 PM
The weather is for **** as well. July and August has higher rainfall than February in this stupid ****ing country. What's the point of even pretending summer holidays with the kids is in any way enjoyable ffs?

Indeed. Pishing down again today. Sunbathing yesterday and back to winter woolies today. Who negotiates our weather? Rank.

RossScott1991
04-07-2017, 04:18 PM

He scores when he wants, brian graham he scores when he wants!

Heisenberg
04-07-2017, 04:20 PM
I'm fed up with the lack of football. Thursday/Sunday can't come quick enough.

Northern Hibby
04-07-2017, 04:21 PM
Dig up threads from previous seasons, it's always the same, fast forward to 1St game we'll be frothing at the mouth with excitement 🇳🇬GGTTH 🇳🇬

Mon the Hibees!!!

Spike Mandela
04-07-2017, 04:22 PM

They count as signings of course but they aren't an improvement on last years team as they were already here if you get my drift.

We have signed 2 'New' players in Swanson and Murray good acquisitions but balanced by the losss of the likes of Cummings and Fyvie we appear to be running to stand still.

I am sure we still have some decent signings to come and we have the solid base for a decent team but imo we didn't set the heather alight in the Championship last year with far too many draws and I expected a huge improvement in quality signings due to increased season ticket sales and merchandise.

The players rumoured certainly point to quality over quantity but we are perhaps setting our targets too high and struggling to get deals over the line.

Andy74
04-07-2017, 04:23 PM

People don't count renewals or loans made permanent because the reality is we are looking to see what we add to the team we had. Those players were part of it and their signing means we haven't lost more players.

Smartie
04-07-2017, 04:25 PM
Can anyone remember when we did our transfer business last summer?

The reason I say that is that we had a pretty stonking start to the season with our 5 straight wins (letting us get away with some less impressive stuff later in the season).

If we get a striker in soon, we'll still have a good few friendlies and league cup games to play to get him bedded into the team before the real business starts.

We've already got the bones of a very good side albeit very light up front and a bit short on cover.

Yes, its frustrating being linked with players then not seeing them sign, but there's not a great deal to be too worried about just yet.

Ich liebe Deek
04-07-2017, 04:31 PM
The signings we've made have all strengthened us this window.One or two more of that level of quality between now and August and I fail to see what people are moaning about.Keep SJM and new striker is a must but ffs were Hibs no Barca.When we sign 6 or 7 rapid in the past invariably 50% turn out to be pish anyway so relax its all good.

Onceinawhile
04-07-2017, 06:19 PM
The problem is that people post a rumour the day after the club start speaking to a player, negotiations can last weeks so it looks like nothing is happening.

But if the rumour didn't break til later, people wouldn't be frustrated as it wouldn't appear to be such a long period of time.

Borderhibbie76
04-07-2017, 06:56 PM
The problem is that people post a rumour the day after the club start speaking to a player, negotiations can last weeks so it looks like nothing is happening.

But if the rumour didn't break til later, people wouldn't be frustrated as it wouldn't appear to be such a long period of time.
To be fair the whittaker rumour has been doing the rounds since mid May...it's become so boring I'm losing interest as to whether he ever signs or not tbh. Not to mention the Hendo and stokesy rumours... I guess that's the down side to the Internet...back in the good old days we only had the newspapers to go on...

I'm sure we will all look back and laugh at this summer of endless speculation once the season starts and we hopefully have more signings in place....till it all starts again in January anyway

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

B.H.F.C
04-07-2017, 07:07 PM
The signings we've made have all strengthened us this window.One or two more of that level of quality between now and August and I fail to see what people are moaning about.Keep SJM and new striker is a must but ffs were Hibs no Barca.When we sign 6 or 7 rapid in the past invariably 50% turn out to be pish anyway so relax its all good.

Disagree that the signings have strengthened us. Marciano and Ambrose saw us maintain what we had. Swanson is an improvement if you compare him to Shinnie. Murray isn't an upgrade on Cummings though. On top of that the squad is a bit lighter. So I don't think the window (so far) has us in a stronger position than when we finished the season.

hibsbollah
04-07-2017, 07:13 PM
Indeed. Pishing down again today. Sunbathing yesterday and back to winter woolies today. Who negotiates our weather? Rank.

Some happy clappers will complain that the July weather has in fact nothing to do with the club, these issues are beyond Dempster's remit and that Im moaning about nothing. All I'm saying is, theres no smoke without fire. Im considering putting the bloody heating on.

Leith Green
04-07-2017, 07:29 PM
Disagree that the signings have strengthened us. Marciano and Ambrose saw us maintain what we had. Swanson is an improvement if you compare him to Shinnie. Murray isn't an upgrade on Cummings though. On top of that the squad is a bit lighter. So I don't think the window (so far) has us in a stronger position than when we finished the season.

Id have bitten your hand of if you offered me the current situation compared to almost every other pre season in the past 20 years. Mcleish in 2000 and mowbray in 2005 apart

B.H.F.C
04-07-2017, 07:53 PM
Id have bitten your hand of if you offered me the current situation compared to almost every other pre season in the past 20 years. Mcleish in 2000 and mowbray in 2005 apart

I'm not saying we are in a terrible position by the way. Just that I felt we needed to improve a fair bit on what we finished last season with, particularly in an attacking sense. To dat, for me, I don't think that's happened.

Leith Green
04-07-2017, 08:01 PM
I'm not saying we are in a terrible position by the way. Just that I felt we needed to improve a fair bit on what we finished last season with, particularly in an attacking sense. To dat, for me, I don't think that's happened.

But maybe we arent panicking into signing any old ***** , maybe we are waiting on other clubs signing players that will see them look to move our potential targets on.. If we need to wait to get the right players , then its worth the wait

Spike Mandela
04-07-2017, 08:03 PM
Anyone fed up should check out tonight's Europa league results.

Always somebody worse off than yourself.:greengrin

Kato
04-07-2017, 08:20 PM
To be fair the whittaker rumour has been doing the rounds since mid May...it's become so boring I'm losing interest as to whether he ever signs or not tbh. Not to mention the Hendo and stokesy rumours... I guess that's the down side to the Internet...back in the good old days we only had the newspapers to go on...

I'm sure we will all look back and laugh at this summer of endless speculation once the season starts and we hopefully have more signings in place....till it all starts again in January anyway

Is it OK to laugh now?

Kato
04-07-2017, 08:21 PM
Anyone fed up should check out tonight's Europa league results.

Always somebody worse off than yourself.:greengrin

That made me check HAHA, cheers bud.

weecounty hibby
04-07-2017, 09:13 PM
What is there to be fed up with. We have signed two internationals, the POTY of one of the most consistent teams in prem, the 2nd top scorer in our league last year, just behind JC in what was we all agreed a pretty pish Utd team. Yes we lost JC but I think Murray will be a good replacement. Yes we lost Fyvie but Swanson makes up for that and then some.
We have a budget if we offer 3k and another team offer 4k we will lose out. It really is that simple. What I am fed up with is some of the panic merchants who would have us paying over the odds or believe that we are in for every player in the country and we've lost out even though there is no evidence, Boyce for example.

Hibby70
04-07-2017, 09:18 PM
Fed up? Best night since 21/5/16.

The magic sorting hat has chosen Huffandpuff for Pedro

lugz
04-07-2017, 09:46 PM
I have to be honest....I'm not fed up but I haven't renewed yet, yes it's great that we've signed marciano and Ambrose full time and added a couple of players but imo losing Jason makes us weaker than we were last season. I'm looking for the club to show some ambition with signings (berry/stokes etc etc) would more than likely entice me to renew.

chrisski33
04-07-2017, 10:07 PM

Errr what is your point?

h18eeynick
04-07-2017, 10:24 PM
I was well fed up recently until Rangers result of overspending on Europe expectations. Happy chappy now ! Looking forward to Sevvo part 2 soon and our progress as a sensibly managed club. I dont post very often as prefer to read, several times every day, but some things just need a comment ! End of from me as dont check replies !

SirDavidsNapper
04-07-2017, 11:01 PM
We can always rely on Rangers to cheer us up. I'm rather chirpy tonight.

madabouthibs
04-07-2017, 11:08 PM
Just for comparison.....
Niall Mcginn went to bloody South Korea rather than sign for Hearts!
South Korea....... 😁
Yeah, it's s#*t being a Hibby.....

monktonharp
04-07-2017, 11:56 PM
They count as signings of course but they aren't an improvement on last years team as they were already here if you get my drift.

We have signed 2 'New' players in Swanson and Murray good acquisitions but balanced by the losss of the likes of Cummings and Fyvie we appear to be running to stand still.

I am sure we still have some decent signings to come and we have the solid base for a decent team but imo we didn't set the heather alight in the Championship last year with far too many draws and I expected a huge improvement in quality signings due to increased season ticket sales and merchandise.

The players rumoured certainly point to quality over quantity but we are perhaps setting our targets too high and struggling to get deals over the line.David Gray, and Fontaine have signed for more years, have they not? add them to the 2 loan players signed. I am happy with that and with the 2 new men it looks like we have some solidity to say the least. I agree that we need a replacement for wee Cummings but am confident that we will see movement there before long.

Salisbury Hibby
05-07-2017, 06:46 AM
I'm fed up. Sick and fed up.

Of the constant negative drivel, whingeing and bickering on this forum and that 'Hibspage' on Facebook. It's incessant and spreads apathy.

The day I greet about no signing a player from a team like Cambridge is the day I pack it in. Get a grip.
Some perspective needed I agree. This guy isn't Messi. League 2 in England is nowhere near the standard of the Scottish Premiership.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

hibsbollah
05-07-2017, 06:53 AM
Just for comparison.....
Niall Mcginn went to bloody South Korea rather than sign for Hearts!
South Korea....... 😁
Yeah, it's s#*t being a Hibby.....

Although I support any excuse to slag hertz, I've been to Gwangju and it's a great place, I'd rather be there than Aberdeen anyway.

Jones28
05-07-2017, 07:12 AM
I think Hibs will have to make a couple of signings to re-ignite interest from the supporters. Loosing Cummings, while not a surprise, is a big blow and the club have got to show a bit of ambition with their replacements. Graham and Murray are our only forwards at this point and I'm happy to have them both but we need some real quality too.

heretoday
05-07-2017, 07:44 AM
Although I support any excuse to slag hertz, I've been to Gwangju and it's a great place, I'd rather be there than Aberdeen anyway.

Too right.

GreenCastle
05-07-2017, 08:16 AM
Not fed up but still feel we are missing key players to improve on last season. Especially strikers and goals from the middle.

We have lost

Cummings - 23 goals
Keatings - 8 goals
Holt - 5 goals

Fyvie
Shinnie

Forster

In we have..

Swanson - 15 goals league above
Murray - 16 goals

The others who resigned in very happy with but we are looking at improving on last season.

I would say we are 5 minimum short of a decent squad - not just starting 11.

Hopefully see some movement next few days as would give current players and fans a boost.

J-C
05-07-2017, 08:57 AM
Not fed up but starting to get frustrated at mostly paper talk and internet rumours which end up being a let down.

We must've known Cummings was leaving and we also knew Fyvie was going too as we withdrew the contract, so it's a surprise that a man striker has not been signed considering we've been back training for a week. If Stokes is to be our main striker, then we're just keeping our fingers crossed he organises a get out deal at Blackburn, not exactly a great way to do business, pinning your hopes on a player getting out of his contract early.

I'm happy we kept the defence together and signed Efe, Swanson and Murray but we're 2 short of a starting 11 and 5-6 short of a solid squad.

Lago
05-07-2017, 09:00 AM
Not fed up but starting to get frustrated at mostly paper talk and internet rumours which end up being a let down.

We must've known Cummings was leaving and we also knew Fyvie was going too as we withdrew the contract, so it's a surprise that a man striker has not been signed considering we've been back training for a week. If Stokes is to be our main striker, then we're just keeping our fingers crossed he organises a get out deal at Blackburn, not exactly a great way to do business, pinning your hopes on a player getting out of his contract early.

I'm happy we kept the defence together and signed Efe, Swanson and Murray but we're 2 short of a starting 11 and 5-6 short of a solid squad.
Well for the first time in weeks I don't see Hibs linked with anyone, so I guess there will be no 5pm dead line announcements today.

FilipinoHibs
05-07-2017, 09:43 AM
Yes fed up. Thank god for the Gers pantimine on and off the field and Andy at Wimbledon. Lew testimonal and the league cup.

FitbaFolkKen
05-07-2017, 10:02 AM
30 degrees, beer in hand and the sevco show last night have cheered me up!

I'll wait until 5pm to moan about no more signings.

The Leith Dutch
05-07-2017, 11:31 AM
We can always rely on Rangers to cheer us up. I'm rather chirpy tonight.

If that's not quite enough stick on some protective clothing and ready the disinfectant for when you're done and pop on over to the sevco forums for some quality laughs.