PDA

View Full Version : Hibs shop. Deary me.

silverhibee
03-07-2017, 07:19 PM
Went in to get 3 strips for the Grandkids today, sold out, no infant sizes left home or away kits.

Was speaking to a nice .netter who i had met in shop and we realised that the shop will not be getting in anymore stock for up to 3 weeks which is a f***ing joke for infant size strips, have Hibs not learned anything from the same complaints every year regards stock, FFS, I can understand them being sold out, but to be told it could be up to 3 weeks, maybe longer before they get another batch of stock in. What a joke.

The person i feel sorry for was the woman who came in with a kid who had come from HTC as she had been informed to go down to the Hibs shop and the tops would be on sale there, i think her kid has something to do with Lewis testimonial and she needed a infant top for Saturday, she had driven through from Glasgow and wasn't best pleased at all.

FranckSuzy
03-07-2017, 07:26 PM
Went in to get 3 strips for the Grandkids today, sold out, no infant sizes left home or away kits.

Was speaking to a nice .netter who i had met in shop and we realised that the shop will not be getting in anymore stock for up to 3 weeks which is a f***ing joke for infant size strips, have Hibs not learned anything from the same complaints every year regards stock, FFS, I can understand them being sold out, but to be told it could be up to 3 weeks, maybe longer before they get another batch of stock in. What a joke.

The person i feel sorry for was the woman who came in with a kid who had come from HTC as she had been informed to go down to the Hibs shop and the tops would be on sale there, i think her kid has something to do with Lewis testimonial and she needed a infant top for Saturday, she had driven through from Glasgow and wasn't best pleased at all.

:agree: :greengrin

Seriously though, what with the holiday season upon us there's going to be a lot of disappointed fans around...

Diclonius
03-07-2017, 07:28 PM
The club shop appears not to have realised that since we won the Scottish Cup there's considerably more demand for merchandise. It's literally free money. :confused:

Ronniekirk
03-07-2017, 07:36 PM

And they still don't have any Scottish Cup Winners Watches in
You would think with selling over a thousand home tops on first day and then being out of stock they would have learnt Especially with Lewis Testimonial this Sunday given we don't have other friendlies st hime
One of the reasons i was coming through for that was to buy stuff in shop before i head off to Portugal , but just know there will be nothing much i can buy
New supplier but same old lead in times for new stock so the key is Order more at the outset They must have sales from last three years and know how many they shift initially and then how many they then order after selling out initial stock
I know at some point they then are left with surplus stock they then have to discount to get rid of but there must be abetter way to get more in at outset
No doubt Argyle Hibbie will enlighten us

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hhibs
03-07-2017, 07:36 PM
The club shop appears not to have realised that since we won the Scottish Cup there's considerably more demand for merchandise. It's literally free money. :confused:

How long have these problems being going on,sorry the buck stops with the board they need to get a grip of this.
As you say missing out on free money.
NOT good enough.

3pm
03-07-2017, 07:39 PM

'For the grandkids....'

Right you are! ;o)

Albanian Hibs
03-07-2017, 07:39 PM

Seriously though, what with the holiday season upon us there's going to be a lot of disappointed fans around...

Yip. My son included in that. I suppose he does have his home kit to wear when we are away though.

DTS
03-07-2017, 07:41 PM
It's a real shame that it's going to take 3 weeks for stock to arrive as it really should never take that long. However the club posted yesterday afternoon the sizes that were in stock and when out of stock would be back in. Not much more the club can do as they had clearly stated what wasn't in stock to prevent wasted journeys. If you were that desperate for the kit surely you could've bought it 2/3 days ago? The club can only do so much as they've stated it's been record sales for both kits so who's to say they hadn't ordered loads more than in previous years? Just feels like another thread to bash the club. If you want the kit surely it makes no difference if you can wear it on your holiday or not

lucky
03-07-2017, 07:44 PM
They are sold out. That's good news for the club but more are coming in 3 weeks. I doubt the infants will notice the difference. Maybe time for Grandad to chill out. But yet another negative thread against the club. Why?

silverhibee
03-07-2017, 07:45 PM

:wink: :greengrin

That's it S, a lot of kids looking to get the new strip, home or away one, and nothing in the shop and up to 3 weeks wait before new stock comes in.

Maybe something the fans reps can look in to and hopefully get this resolved a lot quicker.

WhileTheChief..
03-07-2017, 07:47 PM
It's only 3 weeks, hardly the end of the world.

Apple will release a new iPhone later this year, it will sell out within hours and will be several weeks until they have new stock.

It happens.

FitbaFolkKen
03-07-2017, 07:48 PM
Surely we could implement a system where people can pre order their kits and come in to collect them on launch day?

Or a way of measuring demand, a pop up on the website when you visit that asks, are you planning on purchasing the new strips? How many? Home or Away? and what size(s)?

Not everyone would take it but at least it would give some form of indicator as to demand.

Ronniekirk
03-07-2017, 07:49 PM
It's a real shame that it's going to take 3 weeks for stock to arrive as it really should never take that long. However the club posted yesterday afternoon the sizes that were in stock and when out of stock would be back in. Not much more the club can do as they had clearly stated what wasn't in stock to prevent wasted journeys. If you were that desperate for the kit surely you could've bought it 2/3 days ago? The club can only do so much as they've stated it's been record sales for both kits so who's to say they hadn't ordered loads more than in previous years? Just feels like another thread to bash the club. If you want the kit surely it makes no difference if you can wear it on your holiday or not

I will have money to spend on Sunday and was happy to spend it in Hibs shop I wont have same money to spend when i come back and therefore wont spend as much further down the line
Its not knocking the club just for the sake if it ,its about knowing your customers and providing goods they want when they most want them

Billy Whizz
03-07-2017, 07:50 PM
:wink: :greengrin

That's it S, a lot of kids looking to get the new strip, home or away one, and nothing in the shop and up to 3 weeks wait before new stock comes in.

Maybe something the fans reps can look in to and hopefully get this resolved a lot quicker.

Silver, I put on a previous thread about possible better forecasting on strips/sizes on strips, and got shot down in flames by a fellow poster. Most business live or die with accurate forecasting

PS didn't you were that old to have grand kids🤣

hhibs
03-07-2017, 07:50 PM
They are sold out. That's good news for the club but more are coming in 3 weeks. I doubt the infants will notice the difference. Maybe time for Grandad to chill out. But yet another negative thread against the club. Why?

Golly gosh!

Maybe because our merchandising and the shop have been a shambles for years !

Not at all negative to point out on going issues that should be resolved.

heretoday
03-07-2017, 07:51 PM
Hibs cufflinks. Do they still sell them?

stoneyburn hibs
03-07-2017, 07:51 PM

To be fair this has been a constant with the club store for many a season. I think people are entitled to gripe about it. Hibs fans wanting to give the club more of their hard-earned.

Fritz
03-07-2017, 07:55 PM
It's only 3 weeks, hardly the end of the world.

Apple will release a new iPhone later this year, it will sell out within hours and will be several weeks until they have new stock.

It happens.
Don't think anyone's claiming it's the end of the world but neither, in my opinion, is it unreasonable to hope that the shop has enough stock to meet demand at what is surely the peak sales period, soon after launch and in time for school holidays. And you'd hope they'd have learnt some lessons and planned accordingly after last summer. 3 weeks is a long time for a child and especially if they don't have the strip for their holiday.

WhileTheChief..
03-07-2017, 08:01 PM
So what's the need for another thread on here about it?

Basically bashing the club again, even if you're reason is valid.

The OP even suggested the fans reps could get involved. Why not just quietly email one of them?

But nah, start a new thread so lots of folk can come on and agree how bad the shop is. Pointless.

miller99
03-07-2017, 08:03 PM
Ordered the away online when it said out of stock until the 26th of July and it arrived today 👍🏽

Fritz
03-07-2017, 08:03 PM
Aye imagine venting on a fan's forum. Maybe we should wait and boo the players at Dunfermline so the club really get the message.

Speedway
03-07-2017, 08:04 PM
Didn't Hibs put out a statement warning of us this last week?

Onceinawhile
03-07-2017, 08:07 PM
Surely we could implement a system where people can pre order their kits and come in to collect them on launch day?

Or a way of measuring demand, a pop up on the website when you visit that asks, are you planning on purchasing the new strips? How many? Home or Away? and what size(s)?

Not everyone would take it but at least it would give some form of indicator as to demand.

After the previous pre order chat on here I wouldn't be too keen for that.

blackpoolhibs
03-07-2017, 08:10 PM
Hibs cufflinks. Do they still sell them?

Sold out. :greengrin

ColinNish
03-07-2017, 08:21 PM
Any beach towels?

DTS
03-07-2017, 08:24 PM
I will have money to spend on Sunday and was happy to spend it in Hibs shop I wont have same money to spend when i come back and therefore wont spend as much further down the line
Its not knocking the club just for the sake if it ,its about knowing your customers and providing goods they want when they most want them

That's a fair point my circumstances are similar as I was going to buy on Sunday but it is what it is. Don't know if you're aware but if it's something that you would want to do you can pre order online just now and it be sent as soon as stocks in

Ronniekirk
03-07-2017, 08:28 PM
Any beach towels?

Got one at the end of last season So am sorted

Ronniekirk
03-07-2017, 08:31 PM
That's a fair point my circumstances are similar as I was going to buy on Sunday but it is what it is. Don't know if you're aware but if it's something that you would want to do you can pre order online just now and it be sent as soon as stocks in

Should of done that but with new supplier wanted to try out sizes Bought a jacket on line with hibs retro badge Got a large size but was just a bit too big

Billy Whizz
03-07-2017, 08:34 PM
Should of done that but with new supplier wanted to try out sizes Bought a jacket on line with hibs retro badge Got a large size but was just a bit too big

Ronnie, you don't have to justify yourself. Stock should have been available for all sizes for the 1st home game, this weekend. Simply not good enough as the OP said

lucky
03-07-2017, 08:38 PM
Hibs have stated we've had record sales for both home and away strips. They also said that the supplier had flew in away strips to try and manage fans expectations. We are 3 weeks from having a top up of our supplies.

ColinNish
03-07-2017, 08:38 PM
Got one at the end of last season So am sorted

They were extortionate and you could spit peas through them. Was hoping new suppliers might have got something decent in.

Ronniekirk
03-07-2017, 08:43 PM
They were extortionate and you could spit peas through them. Was hoping new suppliers might have got something decent in.

Never used it yet Very thin but liked design Will be fine for lying on the beach abroad

BullsCloseHibs
03-07-2017, 08:54 PM
Off topic slightly but the new away top isn't as good as the home one.

OsloHibs
03-07-2017, 09:02 PM
I gave up on the Hibs shop a long time ago. Sad to read that the same problems are still there.

Billychaotic182
03-07-2017, 09:39 PM

Why wouldn't you have the same money. Surely if you had the money now you can set it aside and spend it in 3 weeks. If you are able to spend it now it won't disappear unless you go out and spend it. Where if you set it aside it will still be there whether it's spent now or in 3 weeks it's still getting spent on the same thing.

If people were so desperate for the top why didn't they just buy it when it came out. I'm not made of money but we knew weeks in advance when the strips were coming out so I set money aside and bought both online with no bother and was happy to have my home top on playing 5s yesterday. Appreciate that everyone has different circumstances but if you were desperate for it then you would have got it. Pretty annoying seeing people bash the club

Ronniekirk
03-07-2017, 09:54 PM
Why wouldn't you have the same money. Surely if you had the money now you can set it aside and spend it in 3 weeks. If you are able to spend it now it won't disappear unless you go out and spend it. Where if you set it aside it will still be there whether it's spent now or in 3 weeks it's still getting spent on the same thing.

If people were so desperate for the top why didn't they just buy it when it came out. I'm not made of money but we knew weeks in advance when the strips were coming out so I set money aside and bought both online with no bother and was happy to have my home top on playing 5s yesterday. Appreciate that everyone has different circumstances but if you were desperate for it then you would have got it. Pretty annoying seeing people bash the club

Because will now spend it on Holiday Am not that bothered but merely making the point i would of bought it on Sunday to take on Holiday
Will hopefully get a tee shirt or something else Am old fashioned ,still prefer buying things from shops

silverhibee
03-07-2017, 09:55 PM
Ronnie, you don't have to justify yourself. Stock should have been available for all sizes for the 1st home game, this weekend. Simply not good enough as the OP said

Billy, if folk maybe had read my post correctly they would have seen that i said " i can understand the club selling out but waiting 3 weeks for a new batch is a joke" what if they aren't there in 3 weeks and then get told they are expecting them any time soon, to, they are on a container that seems to have got lost but we will keep people informed, hopefully they are in for Xmas time :greengrin

I never seen the other thread about this or i would have just added to that one, I wasn't adding another thread to "bash the club" 3 lovely wee darlings Billy, they are away on holiday next week and i thought i would get them the strips in plenty time so they can strutt about on holiday with there new Hibs kits on, they will just have to wear last seasons, I'm pretty sure alot of folk will turn up for Lewis's testimonial with there kids and expect to buy the new Hibs strip and probably get Stevenson on the back of top, a good money maker for the club, but here we are again, certain stock sold out and we haven't even played a game yet, and the 1st one this week and kids won't be able to get a Hibs top. Deary me. :greengrin

I really don't know how long it is to get a batch of kids strips made up and shipped or flown out to the Hibs shop, if what folk have been saying and the strips were flying of the shelf's then i would expect the club to have ordered a new batch last week so really we are now waiting 4 weeks for the strips to come in, if the club are on top of this then hopefully they did that straight away.

Billychaotic182
03-07-2017, 10:04 PM
Because will now spend it on Holiday Am not that bothered but merely making the point i would of bought it on Sunday to take on Holiday
Will hopefully get a tee shirt or something else Am old fashioned ,still prefer buying things from shops

Ah see you never said you were buying it for a holiday, I read your post like if you can't spend it in the club now you will just go spend it elsewhere, rather than saving it till the tops rereleased.

Some of the training gear is really nice if that helps you out for hibs gear for your holiday

Ronniekirk
03-07-2017, 10:10 PM
Ah see you never said you were buying it for a holiday, I read your post like if you can't spend it in the club now you will just go spend it elsewhere, rather than saving it till the tops rereleased.

Some of the training gear is really nice if that helps you out for hibs gear for your holiday

Yep if thats there in my size will get one This thread has at least reminded me to now head through early doors to get best choice so thanks Silver

timewilltell
03-07-2017, 10:22 PM

Sorry but anyone who knows anything about Retail will tell you that 'sold out'
is definitely not good news.

ian cruise
03-07-2017, 10:23 PM
You would think with selling over a thousand home tops on first day and then being out of stock they would have learnt Especially with Lewis Testimonial this Sunday given we don't have other friendlies st hime
One of the reasons i was coming through for that was to buy stuff in shop before i head off to Portugal , but just know there will be nothing much i can buy
New supplier but same old lead in times for new stock so the key is Order more at the outset They must have sales from last three years and know how many they shift initially and then how many they then order after selling out initial stock
I know at some point they then are left with surplus stock they then have to discount to get rid of but there must be abetter way to get more in at outset
No doubt Argyle Hibbie will enlighten us

I've no issue with the points you've raised Ronnie but, and maybe I've picked you up wrongly here, there's no need to have a pop at Argyle. He (or she) is just trying to answer fans concerns on behalf of the club through association with the supporters groups. It's not as if Argyle is running the shop or in charge or ordering stock. As I said I possibly picked you up wrong and apologies if that's the case.

On the main point though, it's a shame that again people are unable to spend their money in the club shop. Football clubs, who so often protest about how hard it is financially these days, seem very good at turning away money. It's not just a Hibs problem (though our neighbours are very good at asking for every penny they can possibly get).

FranckSuzy
03-07-2017, 10:26 PM

I know what you're saying but if you're like me, June was a 5 week month salary-wise, plus some people would rather go into the shop so they can see how 'neat' the sizing is :greengrin

Ronniekirk
03-07-2017, 10:26 PM
I've no issue with the points you've raised Ronnie but, and maybe I've picked you up wrongly here, there's no need to have a pop at Argyle. He (or she) is just trying to answer fans concerns on behalf of the club through association with the supporters groups. It's not as if Argyle is running the shop or in charge or ordering stock. As I said I possibly picked you up wrong and apologies if that's the case.

On the main point though, it's a shame that again people are unable to spend their money in the club shop. Football clubs, who so often protest about how hard it is financially these days, seem very good at turning away money. It's not just a Hibs problem (though our neighbours are very good at asking for every penny they can possibly get).

Last post on this thread It was actually a back handed compliment as he or she is only name i know that regularly updates us on matters like this Or at least only name i remember

ian cruise
03-07-2017, 10:29 PM
Last post on this thread It was actually a back handed compliment as he or she is only name i know that regularly updates us on matters like this Or at least only name i remember

Unfortunately too true, Argyle gets the grief because they end up having to be the messenger. The club should communicate better with us through official means and not rely on posters on message boards.

silverhibee
03-07-2017, 11:18 PM
I know what you're saying but if you're like me, June was a 5 week month salary-wise, plus some people would rather go into the shop so they can see how 'neat' the sizing is :greengrin

:tee hee:

Forza Fred
03-07-2017, 11:49 PM
Don't get the 'club bashing' claims that are on this thread.

Surely, if people have a moan about ancillary issues..in this instance merchandising it allows them to be fully aired and, if necessary dealt with.

I'd hate to be worried about complaining about a crap pie, a cauld Bovril or the price of a programme in case someone took offence!

All sounds a bit like 'Don't Mention the War' to me.

If I was sitting in the big chair at ER, I would view the 'complaints' as areas to be looked at for improvement in future, and respond accordingly.

I wouldn't be taking it personally....

Scouse Hibee
04-07-2017, 05:38 AM
Don't get the 'club bashing' claims that are on this thread.

Surely, if people have a moan about ancillary issues..in this instance merchandising it allows them to be fully aired and, if necessary dealt with.

I'd hate to be worried about complaining about a crap pie, a cauld Bovril or the price of a programme in case someone took offence!

All sounds a bit like 'Don't Mention the War' to me.

If I was sitting in the big chair at ER, I would view the 'complaints' as areas to be looked at for improvement in future, and respond accordingly.

I wouldn't be taking it personally....

Agreed, it's not club bashing at all. Some valid points especially as the experience of having insufficient stock is not a new one and frustrates many fans each season.

Geo_1875
04-07-2017, 06:47 AM

Totally agree. They should work around season ticket numbers and get 34,500 of every item so we can compare sizes before buying.

WhileTheChief..
04-07-2017, 07:04 AM
Because posting on here achieves nothing.

Email the club or the fans reps if you feel so strongly about it.

My old man
04-07-2017, 07:07 AM

They're getting these in
I want one GGTTH!!!!

Danderhall Hibs
04-07-2017, 07:25 AM
Is it fully back in house now or are we still blaming someone else?

blackpoolhibs
04-07-2017, 07:39 AM
Not really sure why we bring in insufficient numbers EVERY year, unless it's all we can get at that particular time?

If its not that, then it seems clear we should buy much more than we get in, so the buyer whoever that is needs to order more, as folk who are going away on holiday always want the strip for when they are away.

Obviously there will be a saturation point where we wont sell many more, but it looks like we get this so wrong every season that something needs done to rectify it.

And as for buying online, i have not bought anything because of the differing sizes, i'm probably not the only one.

Its strange why anyone would say this is another thread on bashing the club, we are consumers and can't consume, its the same as when we dont win, people get unhappy.

California-Hibs
04-07-2017, 07:47 AM
So it's only the infants ones that are sold out? What is the status with adult tops? I'm back home with the family for a trip arriving July 21st, are adult sizes expected to be in then? Was hoping for the home top for myself and then maybe an infant home for my daughter

Heedersnvolleys
04-07-2017, 07:53 AM
Sorry but anyone who knows anything about Retail will tell you that 'sold out'
is definitely not good news.

Exactly, the bashing of people who have slightest of negativity slant is unbelievable, let's call it constructive criticism.

hibsbollah
04-07-2017, 08:20 AM

Because the shop continues, year on year, to be a total shambles.

Scouse Hibee
04-07-2017, 08:27 AM
Because posting on here achieves nothing.

Email the club or the fans reps if you feel so strongly about it.

What nonsense, this a forum for fans to discuss all things Hibs. Posting on here about signing players achieves nothing either but as it's a Hibs forum it's a valid topic.

Bishop Hibee
04-07-2017, 08:31 AM
I popped in when I was buying my ticket for Stevenson's testimonial. It seemed better stocked than previously most noticeably with back-to-school stuff but there are still items such as beach towels, kids duvet sets, golf brollys etc that are conspicuous by their absence.

Si_17
04-07-2017, 08:34 AM
So it's only the infants ones that are sold out? What is the status with adult tops? I'm back home with the family for a trip arriving July 21st, are adult sizes expected to be in then? Was hoping for the home top for myself and then maybe an infant home for my daughter

Had a look on the site this morning, there's a post saying the away shirt is sold out but the home shirt is available adult sized

Spike Mandela
04-07-2017, 09:15 AM
Why moan about a situation the club forewarned you about and explained? The kit is selling at record levels and the club and supplier are doing their utmost to get stock out as fast as they can.

In ths day and age people desire something and want it instantly without thinking of the operation it takes to make, ship and retail.

Patience.

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/7629

Forza Fred
04-07-2017, 09:26 AM
Why moan about a situation the club forewarned you about and explained? The kit is selling at record levels and the club and supplier are doing their utmost to get stock out as fast as they can.

In ths day and age people desire something and want it instantly without thinking of the operation it takes to make, ship and retail.

Patience.

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/7629

My coffee shop has consistently managed to estimate demand for a few years now.

Mind you maybe one day I'll go in and there will be no coffee available and then I'll think how long it takes for the coffee bean to ripen, be shipped etc.

I don't think that would happen too many times before I spent my money on something else, and the coffee shop manager wouldn't get a job anywhere else if he didn't fix it.:wink:

Spike Mandela
04-07-2017, 09:33 AM
My coffee shop has consistently managed to estimate demand for a few years now.

Mind you maybe one day I'll go in and there will be no coffee available and then I'll think how long it takes for the coffee bean to ripen, be shipped etc.

I don't think that would happen too many times before I spent my money on something else, and the coffee shop manager wouldn't get a job anywhere else if he didn't fix it.:wink:

Your coffee shop will probably sell a consistent amount of coffee every day and can buy in bulk as you know it will all sell eventually.

The Hibs strip situation is a big burst of sales activity once a year then a slow trickle thereafter. Better to underestimate demand and supply later rather than overestimate demand and be left with unsold stock.

Beefster
04-07-2017, 10:04 AM
Golly gosh!

Maybe because our merchandising and the shop have been a shambles for years !

Not at all negative to point out on going issues that should be resolved.

There isn't a successful retail outfit anywhere that doesn't run out of stock. Folk act like it only ever happens as Hibs.

The alternative is the risk of Hibs being left with shedloads of stock that can't be shifted.

KWJ
04-07-2017, 10:09 AM
I was in on the Friday the away kit went on sale and they had about 7 staff on deck and boxes everywhere.

Heedersnvolleys
04-07-2017, 10:33 AM
There isn't a successful retail outfit anywhere that doesn't run out of stock. Folk act like it only ever happens as Hibs.

The alternative is the risk of Hibs being left with shedloads of stock that can't be shifted.

We are not at that stage, they have not even managed to meet the initial demand level.

My issue is more of the lost revenue opportunity. Whether we like it or not people buy on impulse (even life long hibs fans) and there will be lost sales as some people will not bother when back in stock.

It's not like the indicators were not there?!?!

Promotion
Record ST sales
New kit supplier
New designs
General feel good factor

Just saying

hibsbollah
04-07-2017, 10:36 AM

The Hibs shop regularly runs out of stock, though. And has done year after year.
If they were a normal (non-monopoly) business they would have ceased to operate years ago.

silverhibee
04-07-2017, 01:41 PM

Not at all Mr Beefster, it was only last week that i seen on TV that The Rangers club shop had run out of stock, mainly strips, the next day there was a lorry outside the shop unloading new stock for the supporters to buy.

where'stheslope
04-07-2017, 03:54 PM

Great idea, but maybe to sensible?

You would think that the Club would realise that Trades fortnight just started and most people are going on holiday and want to wear the new strip both home and abroad!

Seems that the club has lost a chance on making money on strip sales when the market is at its hottest!

HIBERNIAN-0762
04-07-2017, 04:27 PM
They always underestimate the demand, always have done and always will do, a real opportunity wasted, poorly run for years, they should have ordered large stocks especially after last season and the cup win.

Hopeless on all levels.

Real Emerald
04-07-2017, 04:32 PM
Great idea, but maybe to sensible?

You would think that the Club would realise that Trades fortnight just started and most people are going on holiday and want to wear the new strip both home and abroad!

Seems that the club has lost a chance on making money on strip sales when the market is at its hottest!

It's a great idea if they make the sizes as they should be but there's practically no way you could be confident of ordering online until they're on sale, everyone would be getting something that didn't fit. It should be that simple though.

beensaidbefore
04-07-2017, 04:35 PM
So what's the need for another thread on here about it?

Basically bashing the club again, even if you're reason is valid.

The OP even suggested the fans reps could get involved. Why not just quietly email one of them?

But nah, start a new thread so lots of folk can come on and agree how bad the shop is. Pointless.

Thanks for several contributions to the pointless thread.

Its a joke that you can pnly buy hibs strips from the er shop. The argument is hibs get the money, but doea anyone know how much they get per strip? Sureely they could promote the brand a bit and have some tops in football nation etc?

beensaidbefore
04-07-2017, 04:38 PM
We are not at that stage, they have not even managed to meet the initial demand level.

My issue is more of the lost revenue opportunity. Whether we like it or not people buy on impulse (even life long hibs fans) and there will be lost sales as some people will not bother when back in stock.

It's not like the indicators were not there?!?!

Promotion
Record ST sales
New kit supplier
New designs
General feel good factor

Just saying

Exactly. If you are buying holiday clothes, you want them before you go. Not much use having loads of stock half way through the season, meanwhile little johnny is wearing his chelsea, man u, arsenal top on holiday.