PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: NEW DOUBLE DISC DVD RELEASED

RSS Bot
03-07-2017, 04:20 PM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/7639)

DarlingtonHibee
03-07-2017, 04:30 PM
Is there any way I can get time for heroes dvd?

Scouse Hibee
03-07-2017, 04:32 PM

On sale in the shop mate.

Pretty Boy
03-07-2017, 04:32 PM

Shop still had a few copies last week.

Not sure how practical that is for you given your username though.

DarlingtonHibee
03-07-2017, 04:38 PM
On sale in the shop mate.

Thanks I will phone up and hopefully they can post it!!

H18 SFR
03-07-2017, 04:42 PM
Keep your double disc dvd's, we want signings and then DVD's.

Northernhibee
03-07-2017, 04:43 PM
Oh ffs Hibs, take my money again.

Gatecrasher
03-07-2017, 04:45 PM
https://i.imgflip.com/13hykp.jpg

Pedantic_Hibee
03-07-2017, 04:47 PM
I saw the word "Double" and jumped the gun expecting the word beside it to be "Signing". C'mon Hibs, stop toying with me.

mikey987654321
03-07-2017, 04:50 PM
Thanks I will phone up and hopefully they can post it!!

They can post it, think the cost was £5.95. I just got mines through the door today 👍

ColinNish
03-07-2017, 04:53 PM

DarlingtonHibee
03-07-2017, 04:54 PM
They can post it, think the cost was £5.95. I just got mines through the door today 👍

That seems a bit steep for postage!

Wembley67
03-07-2017, 04:56 PM
That seems a bit steep for postage!

Hand delivered by Stubbsy :greengrin

Northernhibee
03-07-2017, 04:59 PM

I went for the £19.02 option. It's Henderson to deliverrrrr...

stantonhibby

Henderson delivered surely?

DarlingtonHibee

No worries if that is the case!

SCHAEDYSHORTS
03-07-2017, 07:10 PM
I was quoted 114 pounds for delivery........worth every penny! 😆🇳🇬😆🇳🇬😆

Northernhibee
05-07-2017, 07:54 PM
Watching it just now - currently at the 3-0 game vs Dundee United.

Not nearly as good as Time for Heroes but very interesting none the less. Features the worst quality background music I've ever heard :greengrin

Worth a watch though as some very interesting insights.

ColinNish
05-07-2017, 07:57 PM
Embarrassing to be punting this IMO.

marinello59
05-07-2017, 07:59 PM

No, it's really not.

Northernhibee
05-07-2017, 08:00 PM

It views like a good old fashioned end of season review. Makes no bones about the fact we didn't belong in the Championship. Gets the tone right.

ColinNish
05-07-2017, 08:06 PM
No, it's really not.

In your opinion.

By all means bring out another DVD with cup final stuff on it if you want and charge £12-£13 but to charge 23 quid by sticking the goals we scored to win the championship is taking the wizz.

weecounty hibby
05-07-2017, 08:13 PM
Why. We were there, we took 3 seasons to get out, in that time we eventually won the league, we won the cup, we had our biggest average attendance in 40ish years, we now have the highest ST sales ever, we got to LC final, we signed two top managers in Stubbs and Lennon, pumped Hearts twice in the cup, signed Israeli and Nigerian internationals. Watched history being made be Lewis becoming the only player to get SC and LC winners medals. There are probably other stuff as well. It was part of the rich tapestry of Hibernian and although I hope it never happens again it is a part of our history and a story that is worth telling

SteveHFC
05-07-2017, 08:19 PM
Watching it just now - currently at the 3-0 game vs Dundee United.

Not nearly as good as Time for Heroes but very interesting none the less. Features the worst quality background music I've ever heard :greengrin

Worth a watch though as some very interesting insights.

Time for heroes extra is worth paying for alone :hyper

Northernhibee
05-07-2017, 08:22 PM
Time for heroes extra is worth paying for alone :hyper

Next season they're releasing Time for Nero's where the team go for a coffee after training :hyper

SteveHFC
05-07-2017, 08:25 PM
Next season they're releasing Time for Nero's where the team go for a coffee after training :hyper

:hyper

That'll be a great watch.

ColinNish
05-07-2017, 08:27 PM

Wouldn't put it past them. 😉

ColinNish
05-07-2017, 08:27 PM
Why. We were there, we took 3 seasons to get out, in that time we eventually won the league, we won the cup, we had our biggest average attendance in 40ish years, we now have the highest ST sales ever, we got to LC final, we signed two top managers in Stubbs and Lennon, pumped Hearts twice in the cup, signed Israeli and Nigerian internationals. Watched history being made be Lewis becoming the only player to get SC and LC winners medals. There are probably other stuff as well. It was part of the rich tapestry of Hibernian and although I hope it never happens again it is a part of our history and a story that is worth telling

In your opinion.

Northernhibee
05-07-2017, 08:34 PM
In your opinion.

Could you stop posting "In your opinion" like it's meaningful? The whole point of a messageboard is people express their opinions :rolleyes:

Northernhibee
05-07-2017, 08:35 PM
:hyper

That'll be a great watch.

"Time for Beer-oes" will be the bonus DVD. Features Danny Handling and Martin Boyle on George Street in the wee hours.

ColinNish
05-07-2017, 08:42 PM
Could you stop posting "In your opinion" like it's meaningful? The whole point of a messageboard is people express their opinions :rolleyes:

In your opinion.

😂😂😂😂

Seriously though, trying to tart it up into something it ain't, well he's perfectly entitled to do that but i don't agree. Its fleecing an extra tenner out of fans.

Mikey
05-07-2017, 08:45 PM
In your opinion.

😂😂😂😂

Seriously though, trying to tart it up into something it ain't, well he's perfectly entitled to do that but i don't agree. Its fleecing an extra tenner out of fans.

The people who buy it aren't being fleeced, they make their own mind up that they want to buy it.

lyonhibs
05-07-2017, 08:47 PM
Is there previously unreleased SC Final footage on the time for heros disc in this double pack?

scoopyboy
05-07-2017, 08:57 PM
Is there previously unreleased SC Final footage on the time for heros disc in this double pack?

Yes, biggest attraction for me.

Smartie
05-07-2017, 09:15 PM
"Time for Beer-oes" will be the bonus DVD. Features Danny Handling and Martin Boyle on George Street in the wee hours.

This is due to be followed up by the special edition "Time for Aeros".

Conrad Logan attempts to eat as many aerated chocolate bars as he can in the time it takes Mark Oxley to change a contact lens.

Hibbyradge
05-07-2017, 09:24 PM
In your opinion.

By all means bring out another DVD with cup final stuff on it if you want and charge £12-£13 but to charge 23 quid by sticking the goals we scored to win the championship is taking the wizz.

I'll be buying it.

You won't.

Why all the angst?

weecounty hibby
05-07-2017, 09:24 PM
In your opinion.

Yip, just like you saying it's embarrassing. What about any other time we were relegated, or poor seasons we've had, should these be erased as well? If we were to take these chapters out of the Hibs history book it would be pretty short

Northernhibee
05-07-2017, 09:29 PM
This is due to be followed up by the special edition "Time for Aeros".

Conrad Logan attempts to eat as many aerated chocolate bars as he can in the time it takes Mark Oxley to change a contact lens.

Samaras is going to sign and create a cookery DVD on Greek street food. It's called "Time for Gyros".

Wee Effen Bee
05-07-2017, 09:38 PM
Samaras is going to sign and create a cookery DVD on Greek street food. It's called "Time for Gyros".

Excellent. 😀
Now, what else rhymes? Cereal - Cheerios, Italian players - Pirlo's, the gay vote- catcher - Queeroes, little guys - weeroes, resold annually - yearoes and the Hertz version - Zeroes!
That's me goosed though.

matty_f
05-07-2017, 09:40 PM
There are some right joyless ****ers out there. Go on, allow yourself to enjoy something, ffs.

Hibbyradge
05-07-2017, 09:42 PM
I'm reliable informed (v good source) that the club doctor is currently scripting a DVD about the effeçts of coughing on football players' performance.

It's to be called Time for Venos.

Northernhibee
05-07-2017, 09:44 PM
Excellent. 😀
Now, what else rhymes? Cereal - Cheerios, Italian players - Pirlo's, the gay vote- catcher - Queeroes, little guys - weeroes, resold annually - yearoes and the Hertz version - Zeroes!
That's me goosed though.

They've got a new DVD coming out on how they recruit managers.

It's called Time for Weirdoes.

bigwheel
05-07-2017, 09:45 PM

:top marks:thumbsup:

Hibbyradge
05-07-2017, 09:47 PM

There's one about the Development squad's reading habits called Time for Beanos.

Wee Effen Bee
05-07-2017, 09:56 PM
These are great, keep them coming.

Jonnyboy
05-07-2017, 09:56 PM
There's one about the Development squad's reading habits called Time for Beanos.

:agree:

Hearts have announced their own DVD offering. Time for Zeroes

hibby6270
05-07-2017, 09:57 PM
Don't see what all the fuss and negativity is about this DVD release.

Last time we were relegated a VHS video was released start of the next season giving the rundown of how we were promoted. You either bought if for posterity or didn't bother buying it. End of.

Admittedly, the Internet was a new phenomenon and .Net was only a twinkle in some fans eyes, so nobody could complain about it like some are on here.

If you want it, buy it. If you don't want it, don't buy it. Simples.

Northernhibee
05-07-2017, 10:01 PM
ColinNish will be pleased to hear that there's a cut price 1 disc version being released.

Time for Cheapos.

Steve-O
05-07-2017, 10:01 PM

The pitch invasion?

Steve-O
05-07-2017, 10:02 PM
Don't see what all the fuss and negativity is about this DVD release.

Last time we were relegated a VHS video was released start of the next season giving the rundown of how we were promoted. You either bought if for posterity or didn't bother buying it. End of.

Admittedly, the Internet was a new phenomenon and .Net was only a twinkle in some fans eyes, so nobody could complain about it like some are on here.

If you want it, buy it. If you don't want it, don't buy it. Simples.

We released a video in 1999? Not saying you're wrong, I just don't remember it. Probably got it in the house back in Edinburgh if it does exist!

Smartie
05-07-2017, 10:10 PM
These are great, keep them coming.

There's a nostalgic special edition DVD coming out soon.

Set in the year 2000, Russell Latapy, Dirk Lehman, Scott Bannerman and Stuart Lovell are out on the sauce. After skulling a few before they went out, the boys have gone for a few more in Rick's bar. Well on their way, the boys discuss where to go next and decide that it is "Time for Eros".

hibby6270
05-07-2017, 10:17 PM
We released a video in 1999? Not saying you're wrong, I just don't remember it. Probably got it in the house back in Edinburgh if it does exist!

We sure did. Here's some quickly taken pics of the front and back cover as proof - and a wee reminder.:greengrin

Smartie
05-07-2017, 10:25 PM
We sure did. Here's some quickly taken pics of the front and back cover as proof - and a wee reminder.:greengrin

I don't remember that one, but I'm sure I got one the year before.

It had Jim Duffy and Jackie McNamara talking about their plans for the club, along with a bizarre assortment of highlights from recent matches and of matches from about 1981.

hibby6270
05-07-2017, 10:34 PM
I don't remember that one, but I'm sure I got one the year before.

It had Jim Duffy and Jackie McNamara talking about their plans for the club, along with a bizarre assortment of highlights from recent matches and of matches from about 1981.

Don't remember a Duffy/McNamara production. 1981 was the relegation before the one in 1998.
Not sure buying a VHS in 1981 was affordable. Only way you could see videos back then was to rent them. Stocking them in the Hibs shop (was there a shop back then? Don't recall there being one) would have been a luxury purchase!!

hibbydad
05-07-2017, 10:40 PM
Don't remember a Duffy/McNamara production. 1981 was the relegation before the one in 1998.
Not sure buying a VHS in 1981 was affordable. Only way you could see videos back then was to rent them. Stocking them in the Hibs shop (was there a shop back then? Don't recall there being one) would have been a luxury purchase!!

Yes there was at that time must have it somewhere remember Eddie Turnbull being interviewed on it felt he had his doubts about Duffy

hibby6270
05-07-2017, 10:47 PM
Yes there was at that time must have it somewhere remember Eddie Turnbull being interviewed on it felt he had his doubts about Duffy

Haha. How right ET was!!
Must admit I don't have all DVD/VHS releases, so could well have been one around the early 80s. Don't think I have it though.

EDIT
Well, well. Quick search and found it on YouTube. Looks like it's from 1997. Haven't seen it before. Need to set aside an hour to watch it.

https://youtu.be/lXfHId42b8Y

Steve-O
06-07-2017, 12:29 AM

My recollection of that interview was ET saying the team was like the 70s team!

And I do remember that Champions one now!

There was also a video in about 2000-01 with Latapy, Lehmann getting interviewed. Latapy was always late for training I seem to remember.

Col_0762
06-07-2017, 06:32 AM

Going for Glory it was called. Ironically I suppose as we got relegated that season.

Had that quite catchy tune; "time to go for glory, tell the Hibee story, Easter Road's pride and glory", or something along those lines.

pacoluna
06-07-2017, 07:21 AM
Hopefully it adds the pitch invasion as an extra scene. why pretend it never happened it will always be remembered positively and was a big part of that special day.

hibsbollah
06-07-2017, 07:57 AM
I saw the word "Double" and jumped the gun expecting the word beside it to be "Signing". C'mon Hibs, stop toying with me.

5pm announcement apparently.

RoxburghHibs
06-07-2017, 08:41 AM
In your opinion.

Don't buy it and stop moaning.

Can't wait to see the behind the scenes footage and extra footage of that glorious day.

:top marks

ColinNish
06-07-2017, 12:31 PM
Yip, just like you saying it's embarrassing. What about any other time we were relegated, or poor seasons we've had, should these be erased as well? If we were to take these chapters out of the Hibs history book it would be pretty short

Must've missed the DVD release of those chapters.

Craig_HFC
06-07-2017, 02:32 PM
Watched both discs last night.

Extra Time For Heroes was great, as expected.

Hibernian Reborn was good too, some interesting insight into how Neil Lennon goes about his work and how the players saw things throughout the season. They certainly weren't keen on Dundee Utd's celebrations at Tannadice when the beat us in December...

Northernhibee
11-07-2017, 10:13 PM
Just finished watching Extra Time for Heroes. Amazing. Sunshine on Leith at the end interspersed with bits of the commentary (Henderson to deliveerrr) and footage of the cup parade etc. - wow.

If there's one thing I could do in my life it would be to live that weekend again without knowing what the outcome was going to be. That moment of disbelief when the ball hit the back of the net from Gray's header, seeing the cup being lifted, that evening, waking up the next day without a voice and a sore heid, watching the highlights and immediately bursting back into tears of joy again. The cup parade. That weekend changed everything about our club. I'd give anything to live that weekend again.

givescotlandfreedom
12-07-2017, 02:47 AM
It's worth it for Extra Time for Heroes alone.

Ardenttwo
12-07-2017, 05:46 AM

Totally agree. It's time to get a team together by signing some decent players instead of asking the fans to fork out more cash. It seems all our club does now is ask for more and give nothing back and this has been going on for while now

SteveHFC
12-07-2017, 07:31 AM
Totally agree. It's time to get a team together by signing some decent players instead of asking the fans to fork out more cash. It seems all our club does now is ask for more and give nothing back and this has been going on for while now

This

RoxburghHibs
12-07-2017, 09:06 AM

I'm really struggling to understand how by releasing a DVD this has impacted/delayed Neil Lennon signing players?

Please explain :rolleyes:

CropleyWasGod
12-07-2017, 09:09 AM
I'm really struggling to understand how by releasing a DVD this has impacted/delayed Neil Lennon signing players?

He had to write the theme tune, sing the theme tune....

barcahibs
12-07-2017, 09:20 AM
Ever since the cup final folkhave been moaning (probably rightly) that the club hasn't done enough to maximise merchandise revenue from it...

The club listens and releases new bespoke cup final items for sale...

Folk immediately whine about the club wasting its time on merchandise and trying to fleece the fans...

Aren't people brilliant? I think some folk would be happiest if the club just closed the doors. No one needs this sort of stress and angst in their lives.

RoxburghHibs
12-07-2017, 09:29 AM

Of course I forgot about that. Okay valid point! Down with the DVD!!!!!

CropleyWasGod
12-07-2017, 09:36 AM
Of course I forgot about that. Okay valid point! Down with the DVD!!!!!

Not at all. If it gets him on Top of the Pops, that has to be a good thing for the club, no?

oneone73
12-07-2017, 09:37 AM

Music by Lennon, lyrics bequeathed by Willie McCartney

CapitalGreen
12-07-2017, 09:39 AM

Of course it doesn't, chlub Hibernian is just another of the growing number of attention seekers.

CropleyWasGod
12-07-2017, 09:43 AM
Music by Lennon, lyrics bequeathed by Willie McCartney

:greengrin

calumhibee1
12-07-2017, 10:26 AM
Just finished watching Extra Time for Heroes. Amazing. Sunshine on Leith at the end interspersed with bits of the commentary (Henderson to deliveerrr) and footage of the cup parade etc. - wow.

If there's one thing I could do in my life it would be to live that weekend again without knowing what the outcome was going to be. That moment of disbelief when the ball hit the back of the net from Gray's header, seeing the cup being lifted, that evening, waking up the next day without a voice and a sore heid, watching the highlights and immediately bursting back into tears of joy again. The cup parade. That weekend changed everything about our club. I'd give anything to live that weekend again.

Agreed. I would pay tens of thousands of pounds to be able to relive that weekend just one more time.