PDA

View Full Version : Liam Henderson

Delboy4
03-07-2017, 03:06 PM
Heard from a very good source this morning that he will be signing!

Now, It's only what I have heard, so hopefully it will happen but don't shout at me and have pages of replies saying it's all made up etc etc like the usual crap.

C'mon Hibs make it happen. This is going to be a BIG week for signings meez thinks :wink:

Just thinking, if he does sign we are going to have some MF alongside Whitty and Berry if we can get that over the line. The only problem I can see, will we be able to hold onto
JMc ? He could possibly be the only way we get Hendo, hope not.

Then Stokes and AN other up top added at the end of the week, that'll do for me...

lord bunberry
03-07-2017, 03:08 PM
I'm moist at this news

frazeHFC
03-07-2017, 03:09 PM
Not believing anything until I see Hibs official posts, cause every man and their dug seems to have a reliable source these days. :greengrin Would be amazing though.

SteveHFC
03-07-2017, 03:09 PM
http://www.reactiongifs.us/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/daffy_fapping.gif

yonder1875
03-07-2017, 03:11 PM
Not knocking you or your info but I'll never believe Liam Henderson is signing for us until the club announces it.

He must be itching to come back!

Delboy4
03-07-2017, 03:15 PM
Not knocking you or your info but I'll never believe Liam Henderson is signing for us until the club announces it.

He must be itching to come back!

Yeah, I'm the same mate. I really hope this happens too.

It came from another player who heard so I just pass it on...

Pete
03-07-2017, 03:16 PM
So that's Whittaker, Henderson and Berry all signing.

We need a striker so I wonder who that'll be.

No "probably" anywhere. Have some belief. :-)

18Hibee75
03-07-2017, 03:20 PM
To be honest don't see why this can't happen! You can take the boy out of hibs but not the hibs out the boy, he loves hibs as much as we love him and it doesn't seem that Brendan Rodgers sees him as much more than a squad player. Make it happen hibs!! Btw where did you hear this?

Sent from my F3211 using Tapatalk

California-Hibs
03-07-2017, 03:49 PM
Yeah, I'm the same mate. I really hope this happens too.

It came from another player who heard so I just pass it on...

A player within Hibs?..

SirDavidsNapper
03-07-2017, 03:54 PM
I'd be more than happy with...

Whittaker
Berry
Henderson
Stokes

One more striker in after that and we'll be good to go for new season.

Smartie
03-07-2017, 03:58 PM
Obviously I'd be delighted if we were to sign Hendo, but it seems to me that we're being linked with everything other than what we need.

We need to be signing some strikers pretty soon, or at least being linked with signing some.

Haymaker
03-07-2017, 04:03 PM
:hyper

Scooter
03-07-2017, 04:03 PM
Love a del boy rumor

lyonhibs
03-07-2017, 04:14 PM
Obviously I'd be delighted if we were to sign Hendo, but it seems to me that we're being linked with everything other than what we need.

We need to be signing some strikers pretty soon, or at least being linked with signing some.

Aye, because this board hasn't been rife with striker rumours ranging from the possible to the ludicrous this past week?!

We'll have a front 2 of Stokes and Hooper for next season, don't you worry 😆

CapitalGreen
03-07-2017, 04:18 PM

Good point. I totally forgot Hibs can only work on signing one player at a time and lack the ability to work on multiple transfers simultaneously.

Tamhere1875
03-07-2017, 04:18 PM
The transfer was given the go ahead at the directors meeting in the Bahamas this morning. LD is on her way to the British virgin isle to collect the money for payment to Celtic at this very moment.

SouthMoroccoStu
03-07-2017, 04:25 PM
Good point. I totally forgot Hibs can only wok on signing one player at a time and lack the ability to work on multiple transfers simultaneously.

:greengrin

yonder1875
03-07-2017, 04:30 PM
The transfer was given the go ahead at the directors meeting in the Bahamas this morning. LD is on her way to the British virgin isle to collect the money for payment to Celtic at this very moment.

Hmm. Sounds like rubbish to me.

SRHibs
03-07-2017, 04:39 PM
Hmm. Sounds like rubbish to me.

Lol

Vault Boy
03-07-2017, 04:40 PM
Love a del boy rumor

Wasn't the last one Cummings to Forrest? :greengrin

This one is certainly more exciting, thanks for the info OP! Liam wants to come home.

RossScott1991
03-07-2017, 04:41 PM
This is just torture. Is this ever going to happen cant keep getting my hopes up haha

Real Emerald
03-07-2017, 04:44 PM
This is just torture. Is this ever going to happen cant keep getting my hopes up haha

Just wish something would happen, my patience is not the best 😂

Jack Hackett
03-07-2017, 04:55 PM
Just wish something would happen, my patience is not the best 😂

Sooo... just your average .netter then :wink:

Real Emerald
03-07-2017, 04:58 PM
Sooo... just your average .netter then :wink:

Yep 👍😃

Northernhibee
03-07-2017, 05:01 PM
Hendo is taking the job of head chef in hospitality.

It's Henderson to do liver...

Speedway
03-07-2017, 05:03 PM

Now, It's only what I have heard, so hopefully it will happen but don't shout at me and have pages of replies saying it's all made up etc etc like the usual crap.

C'mon Hibs make it happen. This is going to be a BIG week for signings meez thinks :wink:

Just thinking, if he does sign we are going to have some MF alongside Whitty and Berry if we can get that over the line. The only problem I can see, will we be able to hold onto

Then Stokes and AN other up top added at the end of the week, that'll do for me...

Del, obviously you can't name your source nor would I ask you to.

Can I ask though, how does your source know he 'will be' signing?

hibby6270
03-07-2017, 05:08 PM
Here's my tuppence worth (no insider knowledge).

Purely from a marketing perspective' the club are waiting for Friday which happens to have the mystical, some would say magical, date of 07/07 with announcement being made at 6 minutes to 2pm.

A significant sequence of numbers to announce a mass signing of 5 players (Berry, Whits, Stokes, Hendo & AN Other) for THE number 1 team in the Capital

All related to Jambo scores we love or hate and think it would wind our maroon friends up something rotten if it could be arranged like that.

Then watch the Lewis tickets and Season tickets fly.

I can but dream eh?

Borderhibbie76
03-07-2017, 05:10 PM
Here's my tuppence worth (no insider knowledge).

Purely from a marketing perspective' the club are waiting for Friday which happens to have the mystical, some would say magical, date of 07/07 with announcement being made at 6 minutes to 2pm.

A significant sequence of numbers to announce a mass signing of 5 players (Berry, Whits, Stokes, Hendo & AN Other) for THE number 1 team in the Capital

All related to Jambo scores we love or hate and think it would wind our maroon friends up something rotten if it could be arranged like that.

Then watch the Lewis tickets and Season tickets fly.

I can but dream eh?
That would be wonderful....

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Booked4Being-Ugly
03-07-2017, 05:10 PM
Hendo is taking the job of head chef in hospitality.

It's Henderson to do liver...That's just offal.

Captain Trips
03-07-2017, 05:12 PM

Cheers Del hopefully your source is correct and this one happens.

Slim Shady
03-07-2017, 05:17 PM
That's just offal.

Some of the rubbish posted on here, you kidney make it up

Humo
03-07-2017, 05:27 PM
It's happeninghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170703/a4fda4c12a313c2b69360393b0c82697.gif

The Spaceman
03-07-2017, 06:30 PM
Would be unreal if we bring him home. Make it happen Hibs - he gets our club and we love him. He's already a Scottish Cup winning legend...

makaveli1875
03-07-2017, 06:42 PM
Some of the rubbish posted on here, you kidney make it up

A load of tripe

Jack Hackett
03-07-2017, 07:30 PM
A load of tripe

:agree:

Can't stomach it anymore

rodhibs55
03-07-2017, 08:27 PM

Can't stomach it anymore

Gut feel is that this might happen

GGTTH07
03-07-2017, 09:25 PM
I've been told from a close friend of Stokes that he's signing this week. Never actually asked whether permanent or loan haha. Have also been told Henderson will be signing for Hibs from the same guy, albeit he did tell me that last week.

03-07-2017, 09:26 PM
To be honest don't see why this can't happen! You can take the boy out of hibs but not the hibs out the boy, he loves hibs as much as we love him and it doesn't seem that Brendan Rodgers sees him as much more than a squad player. Make it happen hibs!! Btw where did you hear this?

It's a match made in heaven so would be a shame if it didn't happen.

Elephant Stone
03-07-2017, 09:28 PM
I've been told from a close friend of Stokes that he's signing this week. Never actually asked whether permanent or loan haha. Have also been told Henderson will be signing for Hibs from the same guy, albeit he did tell me that last week.

Please please please Hibs.

snooky
03-07-2017, 10:07 PM
A load of tripe

Utter mince

macca70
03-07-2017, 10:22 PM
We can't sign anyone until end of July as the club shop have no tops left for the media unveiling. It's all Petries fault!! :)

E10 Rifle
04-07-2017, 09:46 AM

It would be great - my only negative thought is that he was a Stubbs signing and not a Lennon one and perhaps the thought process on the player, where he fits, and if we need him, is different between the two. Perhaps not - just trying to keep my expectations real.

hughio
04-07-2017, 10:39 AM
That's just offal.

You say its offal and some say its tripe.

Personally I think it take s a bit of guts to post stuff like that on here.

You can get disemboweled,eviscerated and even called a faggot for suggesting such an entrial.

Fergus52
04-07-2017, 03:01 PM
Hendo just wished Bartley a happy birthday on twitter, to which Bartley replied "see you soon".

Thecat23
04-07-2017, 03:06 PM
Hendo just wished Bartley a happy birthday on twitter, to which Bartley replied "see you soon".

Both going to Nandos.

Springbank
04-07-2017, 03:10 PM
Both going to Nandos.

N - need
A - another
N - 90+2
D - dod
O - of
S - silverware

Del Boy
04-07-2017, 03:23 PM
Henderson on bench for Celtic tonight

BH Hibs
04-07-2017, 03:26 PM

Probably see him on Sunday at the match.

Ozyhibby
04-07-2017, 03:31 PM

Along with 14 other players.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scott Allan Key
04-07-2017, 06:58 PM

You are a lesser green. Geh weg, back to St Pauli, you smellie.

BlackSheep
13-07-2017, 10:14 AM
If the £150k figure quoted for GMS is correct, then surely Celtic cannot want much more for Henderson? Obviously both are completely different players but both are way down the pecking order and Celtic keep signing midfielders.... surely something can be done to bring him back to ER?

Not In The Know
13-07-2017, 10:30 AM
They can bolt if they want more for Hendo than GMS. If we give them more then all the jumbos can well and truly put to bed this Special relationship guff we have with Celtic.

Hermit Crab
13-07-2017, 10:31 AM

10 days later......

Callum_62
13-07-2017, 10:32 AM
Are we even in for him?

Hermit Crab
13-07-2017, 10:33 AM

Laughable week - no actually, a laughable 10 days......

NOLA
13-07-2017, 10:33 AM
It's like Groundhog Day here

Stevie Reid
13-07-2017, 11:04 AM
If the £150k figure quoted for GMS is correct, then surely Celtic cannot want much more for Henderson? Obviously both are completely different players but both are way down the pecking order and Celtic keep signing midfielders.... surely something can be done to bring him back to ER?

Depends really - GMS will have been on bigger wages than Henderson (by quite a distance I would think), so getting him off the wage bill and £150K in cash, they will have covered a decent portion of the wages of the new signing from Manchester City.

I can't see Henderson having a future at Celtic, but he doesn't cost them a lot in wages, and if they're of a mind to let him go, they still may well value him at way more than £150K.

GreenNWhiteArmy
13-07-2017, 11:13 AM
1 - are we even in for him?

2 - attitude and desire aside, do we even need him?

CMurdoch
13-07-2017, 11:28 AM
Depends really - GMS will have been on bigger wages than Henderson (by quite a distance I would think), so getting him off the wage bill and £150K in cash, they will have covered a decent portion of the wages of the new signing from Manchester City.

I can't see Henderson having a future at Celtic, but he doesn't cost them a lot in wages, and if they're of a mind to let him go, they still may well value him at way more than £150K.

Exactly my thoughts.

Just Jimmy
13-07-2017, 11:39 AM

We always need good players.

Especially players who get hibs like Liam Henderson gets hibs.

Throw in cup winning legends and yes. We need him.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

BegbieHSC
13-07-2017, 11:41 AM
tbh, i'd love Hendo back, but when was the last time we heard even a whisper properly linking us to him?

Definitely not getting my hopes up on this one.

GreenNWhiteArmy
13-07-2017, 11:46 AM
We always need good players.

Especially players who get hibs like Liam Henderson gets hibs.

Throw in cup winning legends and yes. We need him.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I get that, but where would he play? Would we spend say £150k on a player that isn't a guaranteed starter? We have Swanson as an attacking mid I'd rather we spent any money we have on a winger and forwards.

If we get him for free or for a nominal fee then great but I wouldn't be using a chunk of any remaining budget on him personally

Nevi_SOL
13-07-2017, 11:47 AM
n - need
a - another
n - 90+2
d - dod
o - of
s - silverware

bravo 👏🏼 😂😂

alihibs1
13-07-2017, 11:51 AM
I get that, but where would he play? Would we spend say £150k on a player that isn't a guaranteed starter? We have Swanson as an attacking mid I'd rather we spent any money we have on a winger and forwards.

If we get him for free or for a nominal fee then great but I wouldn't be using a chunk of any remaining budget on him personally
Swanson is great and will be great for us next season. Although he is turning 31 in December so he won't be first choice for ever. I'd love a partnership with Swanson and Henderson.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Ozyhibby
13-07-2017, 11:54 AM

With injuries and suspensions and just because he is very good he will get all the game time he wants.

Salt N Sauzee
13-07-2017, 11:57 AM

No-one in the squad is a guaranteed starter with Lennon. Think we all seen that with his dealings with Cummings last season.

Iain G
13-07-2017, 12:06 PM
Swanson is great and will be great for us next season. Although he is turning 31 in December so he won't be first choice for ever. I'd love a partnership with Swanson and Henderson.

Marciano

Gray McGregor Hanlon Stevenson

McGinn Bartley McGeough

Swanson Henderson

Graham

Looking good :greengrin:wink:

Brightside
13-07-2017, 12:07 PM
Marciano

McGinn Bartley McGeough

Swanson Henderson

Graham

Graham! hahaha

alihibs1
13-07-2017, 12:20 PM
Graham! hahaha
Graham for Balon' dor. You heard it here first.

Billy Whizz
13-07-2017, 12:21 PM
Graham for Balon' dor. You heard it here first.

That's what he did with his penalty on Tuesday night, Balon'dor over the bar

Aldo
13-07-2017, 12:56 PM
That's what he did with his penalty on Tuesday night, Balon'dor over the bar

See what you did there BW!! Like that!

Geo_1875
13-07-2017, 12:59 PM
No-one in the squad is a guaranteed starter with Lennon. Think we all seen that with his dealings with Cummings last season.

If we don't get some signings in sharpish there will be a few guaranteed a start.

Franck Stanton
13-07-2017, 01:00 PM

No2 - Is that a serious question?

Billy Whizz
13-07-2017, 01:03 PM
See what you did there BW!! Like that!

And it's usually not like me to be witty either, Aldo

Aldo
13-07-2017, 01:04 PM
And it's usually not like me to be witty either, Aldo Ha just sarcastic and upset folk whoooooossssshhhhh!!! ( maybe just upset folk like last week 😁🙈)

yonder1875
13-07-2017, 02:56 PM
I can't really see us pulling this one off but surely people aren't questioning whether we should spend money on Henderson? Boy is a wonderful footballer and you cannot have enough of those at a club.

J-C
13-07-2017, 03:09 PM
Marciano

McGinn Bartley McGeough

Swanson Henderson

Graham

Back to the extremely narrow line up I see, so no place for Boyle who's been very good pre season, or Murray to give us pace and energy plus both these two will give you width.

SRHibs
13-07-2017, 03:12 PM
I can't really see us pulling this one off but surely people aren't questioning whether we should spend money on Henderson? Boy is a wonderful footballer and you cannot have enough of those at a club.

I just think it's not really a priority position. If a fee is needed to bring in a quality striker then I'd prefer that to Hendo. Would love both of course.

GreenNWhiteArmy
13-07-2017, 03:15 PM
I just think it's not really a priority position. If a fee is needed to bring in a quality striker then I'd prefer that to Hendo. Would love both of course.

I'm the same. If it's a nominal fee then that's different but any money we spend, imo should should go on someone that will contribute to over 20 goals this season. Hendo won't so hopefully celtic release him and we can take him

GreenNWhiteArmy
13-07-2017, 03:18 PM

Cup final aside what was this amazing contribution he had for us? I love his attitude as much as anyone but for an attacking midfielder he barely scored or barely directly assisted.

In our current team, where would he play? Bearing in mind that we've signed swanson and Boyle is improving year on year? Yeah he'd maybe be am impact player. Do you want to pay cash to celtic for an impact player? As I've said, if we can get him on a free I'd bite your hand off for him as he'll get better with age but it's not a player or a position I feel we need filled by spending money

Iain G
13-07-2017, 03:30 PM
Graham! hahaha

😉

Steve20
13-07-2017, 03:44 PM
Henderson is excellent. Honestly can't believe anyone would think otherwise. Even without the cup final, he's a player we should go the extra mile to get.

And yes, we need midfielders still so don't understand people saying we don't need that position filled.

B.H.F.C
13-07-2017, 03:46 PM
Cup final aside what was this amazing contribution he had for us? I love his attitude as much as anyone but for an attacking midfielder he barely scored or barely directly assisted.

In our current team, where would he play? Bearing in mind that we've signed swanson and Boyle is improving year on year? Yeah he'd maybe be am impact player. Do you want to pay cash to celtic for an impact player? As I've said, if we can get him on a free I'd bite your hand off for him as he'll get better with age but it's not a player or a position I feel we need filled by spending money

Henderson played for us at 19/20. You're not buying him because he's the finished article. He was our top scoring midfielder the year he was here, even if that wasn't that difficult. I'd imagine he must have had a fair few assists as well. Scored a couple of cracking free kicks and can hit a corner as we know.

He could play in a midfield 3 and off the right or left. It's a squad game and we aren't going to have everybody available every week. An attack minded midfielder should be quite high up our list IMO.

13-07-2017, 03:54 PM
He proved in the cup final how excellent his delivery is from set pieces. We've lost Cummings and Keatings so we could do with him in the team for his corners alone.

greenlex
13-07-2017, 04:03 PM
He "won" the pen at Tyncastle that sent us on our way to Hampden.

Aitchy
13-07-2017, 04:05 PM

The number of people on here questioning the ability of Stokes and Henderson is utterly astounding.

If you don't think one or either of these guys is a player who'd enhance our first 11 no end then you're either blind or clueless.

Andy74
13-07-2017, 04:12 PM
Henderson also whipped in the ball for Cummings' header v Hearts. Quality player.

Jack Hackett
13-07-2017, 04:13 PM
Henderson played for us at 19/20. You're not buying him because he's the finished article. He was our top scoring midfielder the year he was here, even if that wasn't that difficult. I'd imagine he must have had a fair few assists as well. Scored a couple of cracking free kicks and can hit a corner as we know.

He could play in a midfield 3 and off the right or left. It's a squad game and we aren't going to have everybody available every week. An attack minded midfielder should be quite high up our list IMO.

Yeah, but... apart from all that?

The Sundance Kid
13-07-2017, 04:15 PM

He had 13 direct assists in his one season here, so to suggest he barely directly assisted is nonsense

greenlex
13-07-2017, 04:17 PM
Cracking free kick at Almondvale. (Sorry Toni Macaroni Arena)

Ozyhibby
13-07-2017, 04:18 PM
Liam Henderson is a fantastic footballer and exactly what we need. Hard to believe anyone would think differently.

AlbertK86
13-07-2017, 04:23 PM
Cracking free kick at Almondvale. (Sorry Toni Macaroni Arena)

And cracker at home to St Midden

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Smartie
13-07-2017, 04:30 PM
Yes, I get that we need at least one striker, but there is no way we could pass up the chance to sign Henderson.

He offers loads.

The best reason I can think of for not signing Liam Henderson is that he was a bit pish at that Marathon bet half time challenge on Sunday.

I'm willing to overlook that in favour of what he did previously, in a Hibs shirt, when we needed him most.

And he's a year older, with a season of training with good players under an excellent manager, getting the odd sniff in the Celtic first team.

blackpoolhibs
13-07-2017, 04:31 PM
I'd love us to sign him, he's a player that oozes quality and will only get better.

Elephant Stone
13-07-2017, 04:40 PM
There aren't two realistic signings that would make me happier than Henderson and Stokes.

CapitalGreen
13-07-2017, 04:40 PM

Absolutely clueless

Roxyhibee
13-07-2017, 04:47 PM
Simply a fantastic footballer with so much potential. In most previous Celtic teams, he would be starting or at least on the bench with lots of game time.

Would love to have Hendo and his infectious positive enthusiasm back at Hibs.

DH1875
13-07-2017, 04:54 PM
There aren't two realistic signings that would make me happier than Henderson and Stokes.

Neither are gonna be at their current club this coming season. Wait and see the fall out on here if we don't sign them and they and up somewhere else.

GGTTH07
13-07-2017, 05:10 PM
Still confident LH and Stokes will be hibs players at the end of the window.

Smartie
13-07-2017, 05:17 PM
Where would Henderson play?

Depending on which way we line the rest of the team up, I can imagine 6 or 7 roles in the midfield/ forward positions that he could comfortably play.

Davy Mac
13-07-2017, 06:02 PM
£500,000 I'm told is the figure required to get Hendo.

For me, this is an investment, we know this will probably lead to the invetable future sell on, but at least we will make money from any future deals.

Far rather Hibs spend money on the likes of Mcginn and Hendo etc as it really is win-win.

Hermit Crab
13-07-2017, 06:21 PM

Is that based on anything you've heard or just a hunch?

bigwheel
13-07-2017, 06:26 PM

For me, this is an investment, we know this will probably lead to the invetable future sell on, but at least we will make money from any future deals.

Far rather Hibs spend money on the likes of Mcginn and Hendo etc as it really is win-win.

I'd hope to get him a. It cheaper but I agree - 500k investment is like free money ..he will definitely grow in value. Top notch player and guy.

matty_f
13-07-2017, 06:27 PM
If Henderson and Stokes were to sign, I'd say the transfer window had been a huge success.

silverhibee
13-07-2017, 06:31 PM
Thought we had a signing in the bag, a good one at that.

Maybe tomorrow. :greengrin

R'Albin
13-07-2017, 07:38 PM
If Henderson and Stokes were to sign, I'd say the transfer window had been a huge success.

I'd be delighted with those two but we'd still be a few short for me.

I'm surprised anyone wouldn't want Henderson to sign. I thought he was as good as McGinn at times with us despite being younger. A quick Wiki shows he got 5 in 27(5) appearances for us (quite a few of those as subs), as well as 3 in 0(9) for Rosenberg the season before. I reckon that could be described as a goalscoring midfielder.

banchoryhibs
13-07-2017, 08:28 PM

Do tell 😁

ancient hibee
13-07-2017, 08:33 PM

If it's true that GMS cost £150k wouldn't think Henderson would cost £500K.

147lothian
13-07-2017, 09:04 PM

Your not the only one mate, it would all have been well worth the wait for me to see these two legends paraded at Easter Road

Viva_Palmeiras
13-07-2017, 09:21 PM
Why, why, why?
Delilah....

3pm
13-07-2017, 09:41 PM
If it's true that GMS cost £150k wouldn't think Henderson would cost £500K.

I agree.

Iain G
13-07-2017, 10:14 PM
Why, why, why?
Delilah....

I think Ronnie left before Rodgers came in...

hhibs
13-07-2017, 10:54 PM
I agree.

As do I,anything like 500K and Hibs are out ,in my opinion

Unseen work
13-07-2017, 11:19 PM
Would be happy with this and would be a good signing.

im unsure if he will be an instant starter as I think our middle 3 is set in stone with Bartley Mcginn and mcgeouch

i don't think he will have quite the impact many expect though, with all due respect to Liam.

Squealing pig
13-07-2017, 11:55 PM
Heard he's signing from a guy who was with stokes etc at weekend v sunderland

KWJ
14-07-2017, 12:06 AM
For 500k I'd rather we signed Moult or another striker of that ilk or better.

pacorosssco
14-07-2017, 12:10 AM
The number of people on here questioning the ability of Stokes and Henderson is utterly astounding.

If you don't think one or either of these guys is a player who'd enhance our first 11 no end then you're either blind or clueless.

Both are as good as any signings Aberdeen have done.

Sean1875
14-07-2017, 08:29 AM

Agree. I'd love Hendo to come back but a quality striker is our absolute priority just now.

Aldo
14-07-2017, 08:33 AM

This for me but I really don't know why they want that for him!!

I am greedy and want a striker in that mound and LH!

Get it done Leeann

Aldo
14-07-2017, 08:34 AM
Both are as good as any signings Aberdeen have done.

Better IMHO. Stokes anyway!

Speedway
14-07-2017, 09:00 AM
I've heard from the manager, that as of last night, we'd signed no players at all since Marciano.

18Hibee75
14-07-2017, 09:17 AM
Marciano

McGinn Bartley McGeough

Swanson Henderson

Graham

No Ambrose? Murray? Boyle? And possibly whittaker?

Brightside
14-07-2017, 09:37 AM
👍

1van Sprou7e
14-07-2017, 09:44 AM
👍

Do you know something we don't? :greengrin

lumbo_hfc
14-07-2017, 09:56 AM

For 500k, we're getting neither! Where we getting that sort of money? 🙈

StevieCowan
14-07-2017, 10:09 AM
For 500k, we're getting neither! Where we getting that sort of money? 🙈

We bid almost that for Luke Berry, don't believe the £250k figure on SKY sports.

Callum_62
14-07-2017, 10:12 AM
Can we just sign him

Or someone

Please

MB62
14-07-2017, 10:48 AM
And cracker at home to St Midden

:agree: :top marks :thumbsup:

Northernhibee
14-07-2017, 01:35 PM

The Stereophonics? :hyper

CentreLine
14-07-2017, 01:40 PM

Aw booo. That's him cuptied for the Champions League. No pint in signing him now 😒

nellio
14-07-2017, 01:42 PM
The Stereophonics? :hyper

I heard we're Just Looking?

Iain G
14-07-2017, 01:46 PM
No Ambrose? Murray? Boyle? And possibly whittaker?

Ambrose was AWOL and due to Hibs.net pressure we had ripped up his contract...
Ian Murray is no longer with us...
Frankie Boyle doesn't play football...
And Whitty hasn't signed yet!

HoboHarry
14-07-2017, 01:50 PM

He meant Andy Murray ya daft b******d...........

18Hibee75
14-07-2017, 01:50 PM

Fair enough mate, completely forgot. :doh

sleeping giant
14-07-2017, 01:58 PM
If Hendo was about to sign for us , why on earth would Celtic be wasting a place on their bench with him ?

ElginHibbie
14-07-2017, 02:03 PM
If Hendo was about to sign for us , why on earth would Celtic be wasting a place on their bench with him ?

The quoted post was about a friendly last week, be shocked if he was on bench tonight

Andy74
14-07-2017, 02:04 PM

I'm sure we wouldn't stand in Brian Graham's way if anyone wanted him. We also had Stanton and Handling playing in pre season games.

Harris played actual games last year too and we would have offloaded him.

andrew70
14-07-2017, 02:05 PM
The quoted post was about a friendly last week, be shocked if he was on bench tonight

He definitely wasn't named in the squad through the week but they did leave a space open for their new signing Ntcham, who isn't featuring, so Liam has possibly taken his space but no idea how that works and if they can do that.

ElginHibbie
14-07-2017, 02:10 PM
He definitely wasn't named in the squad through the week but they did leave a space open for their new signing Ntcham, who isn't featuring, so Liam has possibly taken his space but no idea how that works and if they can do that.

Yeah I think saw Ntcham didn't travel but imagine they would have added him with thoughts to the home leg

AlbertK86
14-07-2017, 02:19 PM

Correct somebody being a wido I suspect 😂😂

Somebody on here the other day said he wasn't even in their CL squad .... but the amount of wind ups on here just now it's impossible to tell whether that's true or not !!!

Iain G
14-07-2017, 02:21 PM
He meant Andy Murray ya daft b******d...........

Sure it wasn't Judy? :wink:

snooky
14-07-2017, 02:23 PM
Sure it wasn't Judy? :wink:

Or Ruby?

ElginHibbie
14-07-2017, 02:30 PM
Correct somebody being a wido I suspect 😂😂

Somebody on here the other day said he wasn't even in their CL squad .... but the amount of wind ups on here just now it's impossible to tell whether that's true or not !!!

Looking at Celtic squad on Uefa website I don't think so, looks like their new signing Ntcham has been added to squad and Hendo has as asterisk against his name so maybe he's a back up for home league?

http://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague/season=2018/clubs/club=50050/index.html#/pg

But then again this same people who had us in the draw this morning so no guarantee it's accurate!

greenlex
14-07-2017, 02:38 PM
Henderson will be a loan this season and permanent next.

J-C
14-07-2017, 02:40 PM
Looking at Celtic squad on Uefa website I don't think so, looks like their new signing Ntcham has been added to squad and Hendo has as asterisk against his name so maybe he's a back up for home league?

http://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague/season=2018/clubs/club=50050/index.html#/pg

But then again this same people who had us in the draw this morning so no guarantee it's accurate!

And that same squad has GMS in it but he's away to Aberdeen :confused:

Heisenberg
14-07-2017, 02:42 PM
Henderson will be a loan this season and permanent next.

Is he not available on a pre contract in January 2018? Surely loaning him this season doesn't make much sense for Celtc?

ElginHibbie
14-07-2017, 02:49 PM
And that same squad has GMS in it but he's away to Aberdeen :confused:

Well he is under the "Not in current player list" section so as he isn't their player anymore guess it's technically correct :greengrin

CRAZYHIBBY
14-07-2017, 02:51 PM
Ive heard mk dons and blackpool are interested in signing him...... came from the ups guy i was talking to at work

CapitalGreen
14-07-2017, 02:56 PM

Asterik are for players who are youth products of the club (Home Grown)

ElginHibbie
14-07-2017, 03:01 PM
Asterik are for players who are youth products of the club (Home Grown)

Ah yes, of course it does. I should have worked that after years of playing Football Manager

ElginHibbie
14-07-2017, 03:03 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DEtEg0iWsAEehcv.jpg

Not there anyway

Brightside
Henderson is on LIST B. i.e. the young players. They don't need to be named in the main list. This doesnt actually mean anything as all their young squad are on that list.

I'm very hopeful a deal will be done.

HoboHarry
Ah yes, of course it does. I should have worked that after years of playing Football Manager
If you had gone to school in New Elgin instead of Bishopmill you would have been better equipped for life as an adult...... :wink:

CapitalGreen
14-07-2017, 03:04 PM
Not in the squad tonight

andrew70
14-07-2017, 03:04 PM
He's not on the teamlines Celtic just tweeted.

marinello59
14-07-2017, 03:05 PM
If you had gone to school in New Elgin instead of Bishopmill you would have been better equipped for life as an adult...... :wink:

All the cool kids went to Bishopmill. :wink:

ElginHibbie
14-07-2017, 03:06 PM

:greengrin

HoboHarry
14-07-2017, 03:07 PM
All the cool kids went to Bishopmill. :wink:
Aye, and continued their further education at Polmont YOI for the most part...... :greengrin

greenlex
14-07-2017, 03:08 PM
Is he not available on a pre contract in January 2018? Surely loaning him this season doesn't make much sense for Celtc?
Depends on how long the loan is and what percentage of wages are paid.

marinello59
14-07-2017, 03:11 PM
Aye, and continued their further education at Polmont YOI for the most part...... :greengrin

A walk in the park after Bishopmill. :greengrin

Callum_62
14-07-2017, 03:12 PM
When do we ever make signing announcements "over the weekend?"

Maybe after an important CL qualifier is out the way....

HoboHarry
14-07-2017, 03:14 PM
A walk in the park after Bishopmill. :greengrin
And South Lesmurdie...... :greengrin

AlbertK86
14-07-2017, 03:44 PM
Henderson is on LIST B. i.e. the young players. They don't need to be named in the main list. This doesnt actually mean anything as all their young squad are on that list. I'm very hopeful a deal will be done.

Underscore you are in a reading mood again my man ...... are you hopeful due to inside info or just keen to see him back ........ or are you laying bait for our Twitter friend again 😜😜😜

AlbertK86
14-07-2017, 03:45 PM
Underscore you are in a reading mood again my man ...... are you hopeful due to inside info or just keen to see him back ........ or are you laying bait for our Twitter friend again dde1cdde1cdde1c Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Eh predictive text .... should have been teasing mood

GGTTH07
14-07-2017, 03:50 PM
Is that based on anything you've heard or just a hunch?

Been told. Albeit that was a week and a half ago and no further on.

sleeping giant
14-07-2017, 04:46 PM
I'm sure we wouldn't stand in Brian Graham's way if anyone wanted him. We also had Stanton and Handling playing in pre season games.

Harris played actual games last year too and we would have offloaded him.

They have a huge squad though Andy.
We didn't .

I would've thought they would have used the space to give squad time to another player that needed it if they thought Hendo was away.

ShadesLongThrow
15-07-2017, 01:23 PM
BBC Sportsound reporting from Parkhead where Celtc play Lyon today are saying Liam isn't involved. And that's their second 11 plus subs as no-one who started last night is involved.

Could be closing in on his dream move....

lucky
15-07-2017, 01:24 PM
BBC Sportsound reporting from Parkhead where Celtc play Lyon today are saying Liam isn't involved. And that's their second 11 plus subs as no-one who started last night is involved.

Could be closing in on his dream move....

Also reducing his value. I think Hibs might get him on a free

1van Sprou7e
15-07-2017, 01:33 PM
Also reducing his value. I think Hibs might get him on a free

Maybe when his contract runs out lol.

I know we have a relatively healthy relationship with Celtic transfer-wise but they'd be crazy to let one of the best young talents in Scotland leave for free when he's got a year(?) left on his contract

john18722
15-07-2017, 01:58 PM
He is on the bench for celtic today

1van Sprou7e
15-07-2017, 02:03 PM
Petrie out

ShadesLongThrow
15-07-2017, 02:51 PM

Chick must have got it wrong earlier. Now there's a phrase you don't hear much....

Nemo
15-07-2017, 03:27 PM
watching the lyon v celtic game its like watching men against boys out there, they french boys are good

lyon 2 up

Henderson on the park

Nutmegged
15-07-2017, 03:59 PM
watching the lyon v celtic game its like watching men against boys out there, they french boys are good

lyon 2 up

Henderson on the park

Celtic were by far the better team first half in fairness, their 3 new CMs were excellent, 2nd half Lyon tuened the screw, Henderson got half an hour.

Nemo
15-07-2017, 04:00 PM
Celtic were by far the better team first half in fairness, their 3 new CMs were excellent, 2nd half Lyon tuened the screw, Henderson got half an hour.

Ah, i Just caught the 2nd half.

Unseen work
15-07-2017, 05:39 PM
A poor mans Fraser Murray.

AlbertK86
15-07-2017, 05:51 PM
A poor mans Fraser Murray.

Young Fraser looks to have similar potential and think he can do very well for us this season.

Played very well today

pacorosssco
15-07-2017, 11:42 PM
Id love see hendo back but after having two seasons out on loan and then last year little game time he needs to move for his own career Hibs or not.

snooky
16-07-2017, 01:07 AM
Id love see hendo back but after having two seasons out on loan and then last year little game time he needs to move for his own career Hibs or not.

Don't know how much say Hendo has in his future but if he doesn't take the chance to join us now I feel we'll move on without him and he'll have to secure his future somewhere else. I doubt if he'll get my joy at Celtc.
But hey, then again I could be 100% wrong.