PDA

View Full Version : Steven whittaker to be finalised tomorrow!

Pages : [1] 2

18Hibee75
03-07-2017, 02:29 PM
According to a usually very reliable Hibernian Facebook page. Apparently a deal has been done and is to be finalised tomorrow! Great news if true. Just wondering where he would play though as I couldn't see either full back we have now wanting to play as back up. Good decision to have though! Let's hope this signing and hopefully a few others will push the season tickets up.

Sent from my F3211 using Tapatalk

Since90+2
03-07-2017, 02:32 PM
I suppose someone will eventually get it right when/if he signs and will claim to be in the know.

I imagine that he will be starting ahead of Gray if he signs IMO. He certainly wont be coming back to Scotland to sit on the bench and his best position is full back.

Vault Boy
03-07-2017, 02:35 PM
I suppose someone will eventually get it right when/if he signs and will claim to be in the know.

I imagine that he will be starting ahead of Gray if he signs IMO. He certainly wont be coming back to Scotland to sit on the bench and his best position is full back.

Provides competition for both Stevenson and Gray which is good. As you say, he won't want to play a bit part role, will keep everybody on their toes. I don't see him playing midfield, maybe wide right occasionally.

neil7908
03-07-2017, 02:36 PM

It'll be a really difficult choice for the manager to make. Gray signed a new deal in the summer and although players will of course never be guaranteed a starting spot, I presume Gray didn't sign on the understanding he'd be a backup.

I wonder if he'll end up playing midfield for us, or even if he could be competition for Lewis.

03-07-2017, 02:45 PM
Good signing, will be happy with that. Past his peak but certainly still good enough.

pontius pilate
03-07-2017, 02:56 PM
Could we maybe play Lewis in the cdm role along with Bartley?.

Colr
03-07-2017, 02:59 PM
According to a usually very reliable Hibernian Facebook page. Apparently a deal has been done and is to be finalised tomorrow! Great news if true. Just wondering where he would play though as I couldn't see either full back we have now wanting to play as back up. Good decision to have though! Let's hope this signing and hopefully a few others will push the season tickets up.

Have Hearts said they are after him yet?

JimboHibs
03-07-2017, 04:49 PM
Good signing, will be happy with that. Past his peak but certainly still good enough.

Why state his past his peak ? Do you have 1st hand information that backs it up.
Should have just left it at good signing other than good signing but past his peak.

#persevered
03-07-2017, 04:54 PM
Have Hearts said they are after him yet?

Yup. Did so last week I believe, as per.

Nicho87
03-07-2017, 05:06 PM
I'm sure he played in a minute more attacking role with sevco. Maybe Lenny seems him yes as a full back but also an option for midfield and wings.

Jack Hackett
03-07-2017, 05:18 PM
I'm sure he played in a minute more attacking role with sevco. Maybe Lenny seems him yes as a full back but also an option for midfield and wings.

I was always more impressed when he was going forward, so wide midfield for me. I think the bye line to bye line runs he used to make might be unrealistic now.

keep the faith
03-07-2017, 05:22 PM
I'm bored with Steven Whittaker and he hasn't even signed yet!!!

lyonhibs
03-07-2017, 05:24 PM
I'm bored with Stephen Whittaker and he hasn't evened signed yet!!!

So bored you've forgotten how to spell his name right :greengrin

Not sure what his pace is like these days, but I always thought back in the day that being played wide midfield in a 4-4-2 would be playing to his strengths

Nutmegged
03-07-2017, 05:26 PM
Why state his past his peak ? Do you have 1st hand information that backs it up.
Should have just left it at good signing other than good signing but past his peak.

I dont think it's an outrageous assumption, I think his last contract with deidco he was on £25k p/w and I'd imagine he would benon similar if not more over the past 5 years, he's dropped out of the Scotland team and wont get near that wage from another club down south so in that sense he has past his peak, I still believe he has a lot to offer a club like ours though and could be a very valuable asset.00

keep the faith
03-07-2017, 05:27 PM

Not sure what his pace is like these days, but I always thought back in the day that being played wide midfield in a 4-4-2 would be playing to his strengths

Cue a hasty edit....

SirDavidsNapper
03-07-2017, 05:28 PM
What i remember of Whittaker the last time he was with us was he was much better going forward than defending. Him and Murphy on the left were superb wing backs. Struggle to see where he will fit in in the current side but you can never have too many good players.

hibsbollah
03-07-2017, 05:35 PM

:agree: Agree completely.

hibsbollah
03-07-2017, 05:37 PM
What i remember of Whittaker the last time he was with us was he was much better going forward than defending. Him and Murphy on the left were superb wing backs. Struggle to see where he will fit in in the current side but you can never have too many good players.

They were a superb combination back in the day, but also very different. Whittaker would be rampaging up the right, trying to beat a man and join in with the midfield, Murphy was a lot more traditional full back and held his position more (although when he did get forward he was very effective too). Murphy was superior in my eyes but Whittaker was a very decent player and a good guy by all accounts. Will be good to have him back.

monteddie
03-07-2017, 05:40 PM
I see this as a major signing,he was still playing in the Premiership down south 2 seasons ago.He was a great player first time round and I expect the same this time.
I think we need to have faith in Lennon no mug who has won this league convincing on a few occasions!
I hope tomorrow we are welcoming him back to Easter road!

pacoluna
03-07-2017, 06:16 PM
Reminds me of when we resigned Ian Murray.

Mr White
03-07-2017, 06:21 PM
Reminds me of when we resigned Ian Murray.

Only in the sense that they both list Norwich and the old huns as former clubs. Murray was finished long before he reached Whittaker's age.

bill_reed
03-07-2017, 06:25 PM
could Steve Whittaker be use as a right midfield player rather than right back....

Diclonius
03-07-2017, 07:06 PM
I suspect we'll play him in midfield, or as a left back if Lennon wants to play a 5-3-2 and Stevenson doesn't handle it.

B.H.F.C
03-07-2017, 07:14 PM
I suspect we'll play him in midfield, or as a left back if Lennon wants to play a 5-3-2 and Stevenson doesn't handle it.

Providing he signs, he'll start the season at right back with Gray suspended. So really, that position could be his to lose.

Obviously his signing would give us a number of options. Every year, we end up scratching around to get some form of full back cover. An Eckersley or Eardley type who never actually play. Whitty, whilst he can cover on both sides, is arguably a better option than those already there so will provide real competition and might push Gray, in particular, to kick on again as he was fairly average last season.

He'd probably end up in the team more often than not, but probably in a number of positions.

jacomo
03-07-2017, 07:23 PM

Or both SDM and Whitts could conceivably both play in a 3-5-2

The Leith Dutch
03-07-2017, 07:36 PM

I'm finding it very, very strange that people are thinking that Lennon is going to spend what would be presumably one of the higher wages we pay to acquire the services of a player only to play him out of position.

If Lennon wants a Left Wing back I'm assuming he'd sign a Left Wing back rather than a Right Wing back who can cover there.
I can see Whittaker on the right side of midfield but not at Left back unless we've got bad injuries.

Libby Hibby
03-07-2017, 07:54 PM
I'm bored with Steven Whittaker and he hasn't even signed yet!!!

Keep the faith, keep the faith.

Hibbyradge
03-07-2017, 07:55 PM

A reliable Facebook page???

Mr White
03-07-2017, 07:58 PM
A reliable Facebook page???

Parked like a prick Edinburgh on fb has yet to disappoint :cb

angus hibby
03-07-2017, 08:18 PM
could Steve Whittaker be use as a right midfield player rather than right back....

If he signs, this is where I'll think he'll play if everyone available. However, great addition to squad as a whole in that he can play both full back positions and anywhere in midfield also.

Mikeystewart
04-07-2017, 12:42 PM
:I'm waiti

Coults1875
04-07-2017, 12:58 PM
:I'm waiti

:tumble:

hibsbollah
04-07-2017, 01:16 PM
:hyper

H18 SFR
04-07-2017, 01:28 PM
Is anyone else beginning to wonder if we are actually signing Whittaker?

California-Hibs
04-07-2017, 02:28 PM
Is anyone else beginning to wonder if we are actually signing Whittaker?

Yep. If he really wanted 100% to truly sign for us it would of been done by now.

SirDavidsNapper
04-07-2017, 02:30 PM
Waiting patiently for 5pm

LancsHibs
04-07-2017, 02:31 PM

Again!

HoboHarry
04-07-2017, 02:33 PM
Is that British time or does Central time in the USA count?

Thecat23
04-07-2017, 02:33 PM
Just been told he's signed. Assume announced tomorrow.

LancsHibs
04-07-2017, 02:36 PM

Don't wish to appear sceptical but this would be the 4th or 5th time he's signed in the past 3 weeks!

calumhibee1
04-07-2017, 02:39 PM

Lost count of the amount of times he's finally signed. That's not a dig at you by the way, but I'll believe it when I see it.

Diclonius
04-07-2017, 02:40 PM
We must have enough signing confirmations to have a whole team of Steven Whittakers by now. :wink:

SirDavidsNapper
04-07-2017, 02:41 PM
Don't wish to appear sceptical but this would be the 4th or 5th time he's signed in the past 3 weeks!
😂

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

staunchhibby
04-07-2017, 02:43 PM
In cat we trust👍

Speedway
04-07-2017, 02:43 PM

And the announcement is always tomorrow.

CRAZYHIBBY
04-07-2017, 02:44 PM
My dogs best mate has just seen sw at easter road with a pen behind his ear

Gerard
04-07-2017, 02:44 PM

Good signing if true.:wink:

Lago
04-07-2017, 03:12 PM
Nice one:greengrin

JohnMcM
04-07-2017, 03:41 PM
Hang on! If he signs and assuming SDG, Paul Hanlon, Liam, wee Lewis and big Marv are all fit, where does Dylan fit in? I can't see a fit Dylan being left out of the type of footballing team that NL wants to field? Edit: and I forgot Efe.

Just a tad confused about possible set-ups that will also accommodate goal scorers. Am I missing something here. No expert coach here, but I think I understand about balance in a team.

:flag::confused::flag:

SRHibs
04-07-2017, 03:43 PM
Hang on! If he signs and assuming SDG, Paul Hanlon, Liam, wee Lewis and big Marv are all fit, where does Dylan fit in? I can't see a fit Dylan being left out of the type of footballing team that NL wants to field?

Just a tad confused about possible set-ups that will also accommodate goal scorers. Am I missing something here. No expert coach here, but I think I understand about balance in a team.

SDG benched one would assume.

portyhibernian
04-07-2017, 03:46 PM
Hang on! If he signs and assuming SDG, Paul Hanlon, Liam, wee Lewis and big Marv are all fit, where does Dylan fit in? I can't see a fit Dylan being left out of the type of footballing team that NL wants to field?

Since he plays less than 15 games a season I doubt we need to worry about where McGeouch fits in, and I say that as someone who rates him as our best player on his day.

kaimendhibs
04-07-2017, 03:52 PM
I believe TheCat

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

FitbaFolkKen
04-07-2017, 03:56 PM
It has fairly dragged out, can only think that he has been waiting to see if there are any other offers coming in.

Big fan of Whittaker though so fingers crossed

H18 SFR
04-07-2017, 04:04 PM
It has fairly dragged out, can only think that he has been waiting to see if there are any other offers coming in.

Big fan of Whittaker though so fingers crossed

Totally agree, either that or wanting to see if we will give him more money or something. There must be a reason we can't seem to get this one over the line.

Blaster
04-07-2017, 04:05 PM
Totally agree, either that or wanting to see if we will give him more money or something. There must be a reason we can't seem to get this one over the line.

He was on holiday for 2 weeks, just back late last week / weekend

H18 SFR
04-07-2017, 04:05 PM
My dogs best mate has just seen sw at easter road with a pen behind his ear

Maybe measuring the new strips to see what sizes will fit his kids - do we have any kit in stock for his kids?

Silversand
04-07-2017, 04:17 PM
Signings yesterday, signings tomorrow, but never signings today 😉

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Wilson
04-07-2017, 04:28 PM
Signings yesterday, signings tomorrow, but never signings today 😉

That should replace persevere on the club crest :)

Springbank
04-07-2017, 04:35 PM
That should replace persevere on the club crest :)

Pedant Alert

Persevere doesn't feature on the Hibs badge, just the words Hibernian & Edinburgh & the number 18 75

Apologies, I can't believe I've become "that guy" this young...

Wilson
04-07-2017, 04:40 PM
Pedant Alert

Persevere doesn't feature on the Hibs badge, just the words Hibernian & Edinburgh & the number 18 75

Thanks 'that guy' :) It should replace persevere in any case.

H18 SFR
04-07-2017, 04:43 PM

So it is definitely not being on holiday that is causing the delay now if he is back.

Northern Hibby
Pedant Alert

Is the ship not technically "the persevere"

lucky
NL is showing him a lot more patience than he did with Fraser Fivie. I think SW will be a good addition to the squad but it's not the end of the world if we don't get him.

Leith Green
04-07-2017, 04:44 PM
Dont ever recall seeing so much ***** posted in one summer as we have this pre season. Seems to have been the summer of the unsubstantiated rumour.

Springbank
04-07-2017, 04:49 PM

I hereby hand over the Pedant's crown to Northern Hibby, top pedantry my friend :agree:

lapsedhibee
04-07-2017, 05:09 PM

Can a motto go into liquidation and resurface as a ship? :confused:

blackpoolhibs
04-07-2017, 05:10 PM
Looks like we can file another signing prediction date under sheite, maybe this will happen tomorrow now? :greengrin

Bristolhibby
04-07-2017, 05:17 PM
Looks like we can file another signing prediction date under sheite, maybe this will happen tomorrow now? :greengrin

So the title of the thread is still correct. And will be until the day we sign him.

J

Captain Trips
04-07-2017, 05:20 PM
Okay, campers, rise and shine, and don't forget your booties 'cause it's cold out there today.

blackpoolhibs
04-07-2017, 05:20 PM
So the title of the thread is still correct. And will be until the day we sign him.

J

Technically it's not right if you look at the date it was posted. :wink:

Baader
04-07-2017, 05:37 PM
Free beer.

Tomorrow

BobMilne
04-07-2017, 05:43 PM
Inside Easter road Facebook page suggesting he has signed a 3 year contract

Onceinawhile
04-07-2017, 06:07 PM
Inside Easter road Facebook page suggesting he has signed a 3 year contract

For a 33 year old????

OtleyHibs
04-07-2017, 06:19 PM
Okay, campers, rise and shine, and don't forget your booties 'cause it's cold out there today.

That really made me chuckle

It's cold out there everyday 😄

Wilson
04-07-2017, 06:33 PM

Do you have deja vu?

Leith Green
04-07-2017, 06:35 PM
For a 33 year old????

I wish i had a pound for every time i have read x,y, or z has signed for Hibs this summer.

Lago
04-07-2017, 06:51 PM
I wish i had a pound for every time i have read x,y, or z has signed for Hibs this summer.
Lets hope we are all not disappointed when its A, B or C that actually sign.

Borderhibbie76
04-07-2017, 06:53 PM
I'd suggest you would be a quite wealthy man at this stage mate 😂😂

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Leith Green
04-07-2017, 06:57 PM

It doesnt matter to me when they sign. Whats important is that they are good enough to better what we already have and that they want to play for the club. I understand that it would be better to get players in early , but not out of panic. Better players may become available later on in the transfer window. I remember when we signed Stokes the 1st time and re-signed Riordan, pretty sure they became available late on

Leith Green
04-07-2017, 07:03 PM
I'd suggest you would be a quite wealthy man at this stage mate 😂😂

Yip ... Just seems to be the way of the world these days with internet and social media. I remember the good old days of waiting to read the evening news to see who we may be signing , and the old rumours that would be flying about probably started by someone in the pub

Borderhibbie76
04-07-2017, 07:05 PM
Yip ... Just seems to be the way of the world these days with internet and social media. I remember the good old days of waiting to read the evening news to see who we may be signing , and the old rumours that would be flying about probably started by someone in the pub
Funny I've just posted the same thing on another thread mate...bring back the good old days of relying on papers and the pub for signing rumours....👍

G B Young
04-07-2017, 07:05 PM
Do you have deja vu?

I don't think so, but I could check with the kitchen :wink:

Love that film.

Leith Green
04-07-2017, 07:15 PM
Funny I've just posted the same thing on another thread mate...bring back the good old days of relying on papers and the pub for signing rumours....👍

Those were rumours that lingered long through the summer , thinking back.. Evening News was bought every teatime 🤓

Lago
04-07-2017, 07:52 PM

Happy days:agree:

Borderhibbie76
04-07-2017, 07:54 PM
Happy days:agree:
Too true mate none of this 💩 pretend ITK stuff all over Social media

Dibben
04-07-2017, 08:05 PM
This really is like 'Groundhog Day' now!!!

Sas_The_Hibby
04-07-2017, 08:10 PM

A isn't Hibs class and I just can't get enthused about B or C, to be honest.

Billy Whizz
04-07-2017, 08:11 PM
He won't be going back to Sevco now

Lago
04-07-2017, 08:12 PM
:greengrin
A isn't Hibs class and I just can't get enthused about B or C, to be honest.

Kato
04-07-2017, 08:14 PM
Free beer.

Tomorrow
Woo hoo!

SON OF PADDY
04-07-2017, 08:27 PM

Do you think Lennon will remove the offer !!
Hibs canny wait forever ?
Maybe that's only for ginger's.

staunchhibby
04-07-2017, 08:59 PM
heard he was at east mains today
:wink:

Gerard
04-07-2017, 09:16 PM
I hope he signs again for Hibs. A very good player that will make our team better.:wink:

CMurdoch
04-07-2017, 09:50 PM
He won't be going back to Sevco now

That made me smile :aok:

heretoday
04-07-2017, 09:52 PM
I can't see him signing.

I'm often wrong BTW.

SanFranHibs
04-07-2017, 09:56 PM
I can't see him signing.

I'm often wrong BTW.

I can see him signing, but I'm always wrong :greengrin

Brightside
04-07-2017, 09:57 PM
I can't see him signing.

I'm often wrong BTW.

Everything's going to be ok

Coults1875
05-07-2017, 07:54 AM
Everything's going to be ok

:hyper

E10 Rifle
05-07-2017, 07:55 AM
I can see him signing, but I'm always wrong :greengrin

I can see it either way - but I'm always wrong

Carheenlea
05-07-2017, 08:05 AM
Thursday's going to be good day - can feel it in the bones.

Bostonhibby
05-07-2017, 08:09 AM
Is it tomorrow yet?

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Theinsider
05-07-2017, 08:10 AM
Is it tomorrow yet?

No it's Today

hibbycraig
05-07-2017, 08:10 AM
Is it tomorrow yet?

No, it's tomorrow.

Bostonhibby
05-07-2017, 08:12 AM
No, it's tomorrow.
I'm going to the pub later and not coming out until tomorrow arrives and the deal is done.

Greenworld
05-07-2017, 08:30 AM
It has been explained 5pm tommorow .
I can feel song "if tommorow never comes"

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

05-07-2017, 08:43 AM
Is it tomorrow yet?

Today was tomorrow yesterday.

J-C
05-07-2017, 08:47 AM
This has to be the longest ever nearly done deal for a free agent ever in the history of football, either sign the bloody deal or tell him to get knotted and look elsewhere, he's not a key signing, he's a very good added extra.

Jack Hackett
05-07-2017, 08:49 AM
Tomorrow NEVER comes

nonshinyfinish
05-07-2017, 08:52 AM
Rumoured three-year contract starts to look like a big risk if he's 35 by the time we sign him.

FilipinoHibs
05-07-2017, 08:53 AM
But what!

Bostonhibby
05-07-2017, 09:01 AM
Today was tomorrow yesterday.

:greengrin you can't fool me, I wasn't in the pub yesterday.

Niffy
05-07-2017, 09:07 AM
Right , I'm off to shoot another mid week wedding.
When I check back here at 5:30 there had better be exciting news or else.

I'm serious ..... or else.

Really.

CRAZYHIBBY
05-07-2017, 09:25 AM
Major announcement to be made today regarding steven whittaker...... you heard it here first

Forza Fred
05-07-2017, 09:32 AM
Is it tomorrow yet?

Will be in a few hours where I am:greengrin

Baader
05-07-2017, 09:38 AM
Major announcement to be made today regarding steven whittaker...... you heard it here first

Is it that he will be signing tomorrow?!!

Bostonhibby
05-07-2017, 09:38 AM
Will be in a few hours where I am:greengrin

Let us know if he signs please:wink:

Bristolhibby
05-07-2017, 10:04 AM

It will be revealed tomorrow. But we signed him today.

J

CRAZYHIBBY
05-07-2017, 10:06 AM

Do we have the same source?

Salt N Sauzee
05-07-2017, 10:06 AM

Dunno why folk keep saying this. Just making a rod for their own back when it doesn't happen.

matty_f
05-07-2017, 10:11 AM
Rumoured three-year contract starts to look like a big risk if he's 35 by the time we sign him.

Worse if he's signed a three year deal four or five times, as those will take him through to his late forties.

MB62
05-07-2017, 10:41 AM

:greengrin

Silversand
05-07-2017, 11:27 AM
Is it your turn today? Can it be my turn to announce "today's the day" tomorrow please? 😁

Captain Trips
05-07-2017, 11:30 AM
After many days SW is ready to sign:

http://oldartguy.com/Moving__My_Definition_of_Hell_files/stack-of-papers.jpg

Waxy
05-07-2017, 11:44 AM

5pm?

To be honest i'd even take another Eden Mills right now. Anything.

ian cruise
05-07-2017, 11:53 AM
5pm?

To be honest i'd even take another Eden Mills right now. Anything.

I definitely need an Eden Mill after all this...

Silversand
05-07-2017, 12:48 PM
After many days SW is ready to sign:

http://oldartguy.com/Moving__My_Definition_of_Hell_files/stack-of-papers.jpg
Surely that's a Hearts hotel/mega stand application? 😂

Bristolhibby
05-07-2017, 01:18 PM
Is it your turn today? Can it be my turn to announce "today's the day" tomorrow please? 😁

I thought tomorrow's, "today's the day" was my day?

J

.Sean.
05-07-2017, 02:11 PM
Must be the most boring transfer 'saga' in history

heretoday
05-07-2017, 02:13 PM
I just met Whittaker in the Greggs queue and he said.......
Aaaarrrgh.....

Coults1875
05-07-2017, 02:15 PM
I just met Whittaker in the Greggs queue and he said.......
Aaaarrrgh.....

Has he signed with the Jolly Rodger FC ??????

Silversand
05-07-2017, 02:16 PM
I thought tomorrow's, "today's the day" was my day?

J
Ok - I'll take Friday 😁

ancient hibee
05-07-2017, 02:19 PM
Rumour spreading that deal has collapsed because neither side could agree on who was to supply the pen.

Blaster
05-07-2017, 02:21 PM
Rumour spreading that deal has collapsed because neither side could agree on who was to supply the pen.

Heard that too. Things have become stationery....

blackpoolhibs
05-07-2017, 02:23 PM
Heard that too. Things have become stationery....

Just had a text from Sergey saying a Rymans league team are interested now.

nonshinyfinish
05-07-2017, 02:26 PM
Must be the most boring transfer 'saga' in history

You think? I reckon (not ITK) Luke Berry will have claimed that crown before the summer's out.

Or if not most boring, certainly biggest waste of bandwidth.

NOLA
05-07-2017, 03:33 PM
Has he signed yet [emoji42]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CMurdoch
05-07-2017, 03:38 PM
Has he signed yet [emoji42]

Has he fe----ck

SlickShoes
05-07-2017, 03:48 PM
Looking forward to tomorrow :hyper

SanFranHibs
05-07-2017, 03:51 PM
Looking forward to tomorrow :hyper

If I ever land up on death row I hope on the eve of my execution the governor says I will be euthanized tomorrow...Hibs.net style.

CyberSauzee
05-07-2017, 03:53 PM
Just had a text from Sergey saying a Rymans league team are interested now.

No you didn't. He's in France today!! :wink:

Silversand
05-07-2017, 03:56 PM
[emoji15] https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170705/f3a85cbaa95400f2f0a6af494f726b87.jpg

blackpoolhibs
05-07-2017, 04:44 PM
No you didn't. He's in France today!! :wink:

Do phones not work abroad now? :greengrin

Cheshire Hibee
05-07-2017, 05:01 PM
3 year deal ...

Captain Trips
05-07-2017, 05:02 PM
3 year deal ...

This thread has been offered a 3year deal?

euro Hibby
05-07-2017, 05:05 PM
just waiting for the Rangers noise to die down before a raft of new signings are paraded.......

SCHAEDYSHORTS
05-07-2017, 05:06 PM

Is there a sell on clause? 🤔

Cod Boy
05-07-2017, 05:31 PM
The rumor will still be ongoing in 3 years time.

Joe6-2
05-07-2017, 05:35 PM

😂😂😂

Captain Trips
05-07-2017, 05:38 PM
Is there a sell on clause? 🤔

No, we recently lost the Kevin Thomson thread which crawled on broken glass to Follow Follow

Borderhibbie76
05-07-2017, 06:47 PM
This thread is fast becoming comedy gold as each day and 5pm deadline passes..... so many "done deal" posts yet here we are 5th July and no whittaker lol 😂😂😂

Onceinawhile
05-07-2017, 06:49 PM
Heard it's being announced at 5pm tomorrow.

(I haven't really, but I wanted to look itk)

NOLA
05-07-2017, 07:19 PM
We will be announcing Whittikar Berry Stokes Henderson tomorrow at 5 heard it here first [emoji106][emoji85]

H18 SFR
05-07-2017, 07:25 PM
We will be announcing Whittikar Berry Stokes Henderson tomorrow at 5 heard it here first [emoji106][emoji85]

Heard the same plus Fyvie, Holt, Logan and Llundberg.

flash
05-07-2017, 07:41 PM
This thread, like so many others just now, simply isn't as funny as it thinks it is.

HibsNutter
05-07-2017, 08:04 PM

The 5pm joke was funny the first 150k times

NOLA
05-07-2017, 08:11 PM

Your right I got my times confused it's 4pm

Borderhibbie76
05-07-2017, 08:42 PM

No even finding this that funny anymore tbh...gonnae just no 🙈

Silversand
05-07-2017, 09:33 PM
150k was never confirmed, was just a Hibs.net rumour.

Petrie!

Cabbage East
05-07-2017, 09:35 PM
This place has become a tired, parody of itself. Same old unfunny jokes.

Glory Lurker
05-07-2017, 09:36 PM
When you say it's going to happen now, when exactly do you mean?

DavidDavidGray
05-07-2017, 09:39 PM
Steven Whittaker will be announced within the next 10 years, you heard it here first #InTheKnow

Speedway
05-07-2017, 09:41 PM
When you say it's going to happen now, when exactly do you mean?

See I've already waited too long.....and all my hope is gone.

hfc rd
05-07-2017, 09:42 PM

It's all because of Berry & Whittaker. 😏

Viva_Palmeiras
05-07-2017, 11:46 PM

"Out, out, brief candle. Life is nothing more than an illusion. It's like a poor actor who struts and worries for his hour on the stage and then is never heard from again. Life is a story told by an idiot, full of noise and emotional disturbance but devoid of meaning."

Billychaotic182
06-07-2017, 12:07 AM
😒😒😒

lyonhibs
06-07-2017, 06:13 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4kzGhDEURA

ian cruise
06-07-2017, 07:59 AM
"Out, out, brief candle. Life is nothing more than an illusion. It's like a poor actor who struts and worries for his hour on the stage and then is never heard from again. Life is a story told by an idiot, full of noise and emotional disturbance but devoid of meaning."

A bit of Shakespeare, hibs.net taking an unexpected turn...

Radium
06-07-2017, 08:03 AM
A bit of Shakespeare, hibs.net taking an unexpected turn...

to be, or not to be, seems to be the question, and we will no doubt find out which is nobler

ancient hibee
06-07-2017, 08:03 AM

How does he find time to write verse and manage Leicester?

Springbank
06-07-2017, 08:06 AM
How does he find time to write verse and manage Leicester?

He talks a lot of Richrd III's i heard...

SlickShoes
06-07-2017, 08:23 AM
Buzzing for tomorrow now :hyper

CRAZYHIBBY
06-07-2017, 08:37 AM
Press confarunce for 2pm..its ofishul

Baker9
06-07-2017, 08:48 AM
Press confarunce for 2pm..its ofishul

Says who, officially?

MB62
06-07-2017, 09:27 AM
Says who, officially?

CRAZYHIBBY, obviously.

Although goodness knows what a confarunce is :confused: :dunno:

Keith_M
06-07-2017, 09:28 AM
What with 'tomorrow' now being two days ago, I think it's fair to say the OP has been misled somewhat by his source.

mjhibby
06-07-2017, 09:30 AM
What with 'tomorrow' now being two days ago, I think it's fair to say the OP has been misled somewhat by his source.

I predict that I'm making no predictions and by elimination be the only sane one left on here. Wibble,Wibble.lol.

Davy Mac
06-07-2017, 09:51 AM
It's all because of Berry & Whittaker. 😏

Jeezus, I just got a throwback to the eighties with that comment, hated these names as they were associated with the shxte next door at that time IIRC.

SirDavidsNapper
06-07-2017, 09:53 AM
5pm announcement from East Mains tomorrow. Heard it here first

Salt N Sauzee
06-07-2017, 09:58 AM

Patter :yawn:

California-Hibs
06-07-2017, 10:02 AM

Boring.

Clarence
06-07-2017, 10:02 AM
Reminds me of a "Free beer here tomorrow" sign that's behind the bar in a Leith pub.

SirDavidsNapper
06-07-2017, 10:04 AM
Boring.

Lighten up

Keith_M
06-07-2017, 10:14 AM
An announcement will be made tomorrow at 6pm.

I have no idea where, by whom and about what, but somebody will definitely make some kind of announcement about something, somewhere at 6pm.

Trust me.

FilipinoHibs
06-07-2017, 10:32 AM

I have no idea where, by whom and about what, but somebody will definitely make some kind of announcement about something, somewhere at 6pm.

Trust me.

Yes on Hibs Net I heard from a good source.

Hillsidehibby
06-07-2017, 10:33 AM
Someone Somewhere in Summertime

wazoo1875
06-07-2017, 10:45 AM
Someone Somewhere in Summertime

There's no simple minds on here !

CRAZYHIBBY
06-07-2017, 11:32 AM
CRAZYHIBBY, obviously.

Although goodness knows what a confarunce is :confused: :dunno:

Dae u no unerstaun engerlish likesay

Lago
06-07-2017, 11:43 AM
Is this going to end up being nothing more than an unfounded rumor.

GreenOnions
06-07-2017, 12:31 PM

I have no idea where, by whom and about what, but somebody will definitely make some kind of announcement about something, somewhere at 6pm.Trust me.

"I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want, but I have a very particular lack of skills. I will never be able to find you. But what I do have is two dollars and a Casio wristwatch. You can have one of them."

dchibs
06-07-2017, 02:44 PM
"I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want, but I have a very particular lack of skills. I will never be able to find you. But what I do have is two dollars and a Casio wristwatch. You can have one of them."

Point taken.

HoboHarry
06-07-2017, 02:46 PM
There's no simple minds on here !
Agree with that and they are all overly keen to Promise you a Miracle.......

theonlywayisup
06-07-2017, 02:57 PM
http://www.bhagavatam-katha.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/tomorow.jpg

1van Sprou7e
06-07-2017, 03:01 PM
OP may have been correct, just because it hasn't been announced doesn't mean it's not finalised

InchHibby
06-07-2017, 03:02 PM
Reminds me of a "Free beer here tomorrow" sign that's behind the bar in a Leith pub.

Which pub, I'm going down Leith tomorrow :wink:

Callum_62
06-07-2017, 03:02 PM
OP may have been correct, just because it hasn't been announced doesn't mean it's not finalised

Heard that a few times this summer!

lyonhibs
06-07-2017, 03:04 PM

Sounds like something the missus might say..... .

Borderhibbie76
06-07-2017, 03:19 PM
OP may have been correct, just because it hasn't been announced doesn't mean it's not finalisedMmmh where have we heard that one before this summer... [emoji85][emoji85]

California-Hibs
06-07-2017, 03:22 PM
Someone on Facebook saying they seen him in tranent wearing a full Hibs tracksuit this afternoon..

nonshinyfinish
06-07-2017, 03:36 PM
Someone on Facebook saying they seen him in tranent wearing a full Hibs tracksuit this afternoon..

On the 26? :hyper

Niffy
06-07-2017, 03:38 PM

Someone in Tranent with a tracky on... surely no...

BigT-Hibeez
06-07-2017, 03:39 PM

What ye trying tae say? I'm born and bred Big T..

Pete
06-07-2017, 03:42 PM

If it's not a grey Lonsdale one he'll stick out like a sore thumb.

Niffy
06-07-2017, 07:51 PM
What ye trying tae say? I'm born and bred Big T..

You wearing a tracky now ?

Pat s 4
06-07-2017, 08:37 PM
The boy in the tracksuit in tranent would be the groom,:wink:

Wee Effen Bee
06-07-2017, 08:42 PM
http://www.bhagavatam-katha.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/tomorow.jpg

...it did yesterday!

AlbertK86
06-07-2017, 08:43 PM

😂😂😂😂😂

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Scorrie
06-07-2017, 08:45 PM
On the 26? :hyper

That still makes me laugh! If I've had a bad day, thinking about Jordi Cruyff on the 26 to ER brings tears to my eyes😂

snooky
06-07-2017, 08:49 PM

Or bride? :wink:

RossScott1991
06-07-2017, 09:16 PM
Maybe tomorrow is the day! Lennon confirms deal on sky sports

BigT-Hibeez
06-07-2017, 09:20 PM
You wearing a tracky now ?

Only the bottoms

pacorosssco
07-07-2017, 12:08 AM
That still makes me laugh! If I've had a bad day, thinking about Jordi Cruyff on the 26 to ER brings tears to my eyes😂

Imagine ajax fans when dad was pushed out door at ajax only to then sign for biggest rivals feynoord and then win the league

monktonharp
07-07-2017, 12:12 AM
Imagine ajax fans when dad was pushed out door at ajax only to then sign for biggest rivals feynoord and then win the leaguethat's a bit naughty. did not recall that, but you must know more than most on here, regarding that situation.:wink:

pacorosssco
07-07-2017, 12:25 AM
that's a bit naughty. did not recall that, but you must know more than most on here, regarding that situation.:wink:

Enjoy https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SY7ZQPHhIG8 . Like Gordon Smith really.

pacorosssco
07-07-2017, 12:33 AM
that's a bit naughty. did not recall that, but you must know more tha
n most on here, regarding that situation.:wink:
Cruyff and a young rudi gulliet in same team

Itsnoteasy
09-07-2017, 10:14 AM
Whitty at East Mains this morning being put through his paces with physio/fitness coach.

Can't be far from signing him now.

Dibben
09-07-2017, 11:06 AM
Whitty at East Mains this morning being put through his paces with physio/fitness coach.

Maybe warming up secretly before making his top secret debut today??? 😄

Until you ruined it that is!!!

Humo
09-07-2017, 11:08 AM
Signing tomorrow at 3pm

hibbydog
09-07-2017, 11:09 AM
Don't really understand this signing. Great experienced player who does add to our squad, but other areas of the team should be higher priority

SteveHFC
09-07-2017, 11:10 AM
Signing tomorrow at 3pm

Source :hyper

Hibby70
09-07-2017, 11:11 AM
Don't really understand this signing. Great experienced player who does add to our squad, but other areas of the team should be higher priority

You do realise that we are able to sign more than one player at a time?

Jim44
09-07-2017, 11:11 AM
Signing tomorrow at 3pm

......... https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5PzL8aL6jtI

SlickShoes
09-07-2017, 11:16 AM

I heard from someone it will be tomorrow.

DarlingtonHibee
09-07-2017, 11:38 AM
Signing tomorrow at 3pm

Surely 5pm?

Nicho87
09-07-2017, 11:48 AM
Hibs.net is quickly becoming like uk gold.

same old jokes churned out on repeat.

Northernhibee
09-07-2017, 11:57 AM

Leigh's coming back? :hyper

Walter
09-07-2017, 12:01 PM

Maybe they will announce the Showumni brothers at the same time

The Leith Dutch
09-07-2017, 12:43 PM
You do realise that we are able to sign more than one player at a time?

A fair point :)

I mean I get it's a great signing for us - excellent SPL experience and 3 of the last 5 seasons in the Premiership and 2 in the Championship is a bit of a coup but I'd taken the original question to be less about us only working on one signing and more that it's a slightly odd use of what is presumably one of the larger wages we're going to pay.

We resigned Gray and I doubt either he or Whittaker are in this for the right back role being rotated (it would also be an odd role to rotate especially in a club our size).

In my head we're signing him as a right midfielder who can provide cover at right back or left back at a push.

The cover aspect is very handy as we're very short there but I honestly haven't seen enough of Whittaker in recent years to know whether he is the best use if we were going to use a large chunk of our wage bodget on right midfield.

Iain G
09-07-2017, 12:49 PM
A fair point :)

I mean I get it's a great signing for us - excellent SPL experience and 3 of the last 5 seasons in the Premiership and 2 in the Championship is a bit of a coup but I'd taken the original question to be less about us only working on one signing and more that it's a slightly odd use of what is presumably one of the larger wages we're going to pay.

We resigned Gray and I doubt either he or Whittaker are in this for the right back role being rotated (it would also be an odd role to rotate especially in a club our size).

In my head we're signing him as a right midfielder who can provide cover at right back or left back at a push.

The cover aspect is very handy as we're very short there but I honestly haven't seen enough of Whittaker in recent years to know whether he is the best use if we were going to use a large chunk of our wage bodget on right midfield.

We are short of experience in both fullback positions and he can play midfield as required, a good signing to add strength and depth in key positions and great experience to have in the team.

The Leith Dutch
09-07-2017, 01:01 PM
We are short of experience in both fullback positions and he can play midfield as required, a good signing to add strength and depth in key positions and great experience to have in the team.

I get that.

My question isn't whether he's a good signing - I'm just interested in whether what you've described above is where people think we should spend what is presumably one of our larger wages or, if as assumed he's being signed to play right midfield, we'd be better off putting that money into a right winger.

Be more than happy to sign him btw and hopefully it's a case of this isn't taking away from other budget so we wind up with Whittaker and 3 or 4 other quality signings :)

FilipinoHibs
09-07-2017, 01:59 PM
Tommorrow never comes😀

Wee Effen Bee
09-07-2017, 02:06 PM
Tommorrow never comes😀

It did yesterday. 😁

California-Hibs
09-07-2017, 02:21 PM

Good news, hopefully tomorrow starts the spiral of a few signings this week

snooky
09-07-2017, 02:28 PM
Tommorrow never comes😀

Turn off your mind, relax and float downstream.

BT58
09-07-2017, 02:41 PM
forget tomorrow, NL on SSN stated to Luke Stanley that it it could take up to a week for it to happen.....:wink::wink::wink:

Lago
09-07-2017, 03:06 PM
forget tomorrow, NL on SSN stated to Luke Stanley that it it could take up to a week for it to happen.....:wink::wink::wink:
Oh well

Pretty Boy
09-07-2017, 03:35 PM
Whittaker was at the game today.

Jack Hackett
09-07-2017, 05:08 PM
Whittaker was at the game today.

Source?

:wink:

esjorto
09-07-2017, 05:52 PM
:violin: Tomorrow, tomorrow, can't wait for tomorrow.....:violin::whistle::whistle::whistle::m usic:

kaimendhibs
09-07-2017, 06:21 PM
There was a pic of him outside ER today on twitter

#persevered
09-07-2017, 06:28 PM
This has been such a frustrating window. I've already worn down my F5 key and we're only in July.

I hope we get Whittaker done, he would give us a lit of options in terms of shape. If mcginn stays, then Whittaker and 2 forwards and I'd be over the moon.

BT58
09-07-2017, 06:48 PM
I got a picture sent to me showing SW at ER today, but i dont know how to upload it using my fone

BSEJVT
09-07-2017, 06:48 PM
Someone told me today that for some unfathomable reason (at least to me) that it would be after 15th July before he would sign

Heisenberg
09-07-2017, 06:50 PM
He was definitely at the game today. Surely got to be some movement on him signing/not signing shortly.

RickyS
09-07-2017, 07:05 PM
He was definitely at the game today. Surely got to be some movement on him signing/not signing shortly.

hoping thats a good sign, might just have been for Lewis with Broony being there as well?

Unseen work
09-07-2017, 07:06 PM
Where would he play? Do we think he would start?

Scooter
09-07-2017, 07:10 PM

There's a fat Martin boyle sitting below him:greengrin

Glory Lurker
09-07-2017, 07:11 PM
I was at the game today, but that doesn't mean I'm getting announced tomorrow.

CapitalGreen
09-07-2017, 07:14 PM
Where would he play? Do we think he would start?

Defense or midfield

Depends on opposition, formation/tactics and the players available. We had 14 players who made 25+ appearances last season.

Hibby70
09-07-2017, 07:17 PM
There's a fat Martin boyle sitting below him:greengrin

I was just about to post that Danny Handling had let himself go.

Ryan69
09-07-2017, 07:21 PM
Tommorrow never comes😀

Your right. It's like bloody Groundhog Day.