PDA

View Full Version : Ibrox

Tamhere1875
02-07-2017, 05:19 PM
Have rangers changed the parking arrangements for away fans at Ibrox as I saw this on their site.
Families with a juvenile in their party can also book a space in the Family Car Park (previously the Away Car Park) priced at £5. Spaces will be allocated on a first come first served basis.

Sir David Gray
02-07-2017, 05:23 PM
Hope not, it's pretty much the only reason I feel able to go through there.

Baldy Foghorn
02-07-2017, 05:28 PM
Have rangers changed the parking arrangements for away fans at Ibrox as I saw this on their site.
Families with a juvenile in their party can also book a space in the Family Car Park (previously the Away Car Park) priced at £5. Spaces will be allocated on a first come first served basis.

This could put the cat amongst the pigeons, if true..

On the other hand, might save getting stuck in car park, for up to an hour after the game

Jumbo
02-07-2017, 05:33 PM

Just noticed price, they've been charging us £7 for years !

Going to make getting to and away from ground interesting if true :brickwall

Billy Whizz
02-07-2017, 05:50 PM

Had a quick look on their website, looks like they've given the away car park as a Family Car park, priced £5

Wonder where they'll put out buses and cars

One for the Fans Reps

kaimendhibs
02-07-2017, 06:18 PM
Another way to annoy us. That away car park has been 7 quid for years and was defo the safest option thru there. Mibbe trying to make us take less supporters?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

S4uzee
02-07-2017, 06:31 PM
Could you not just park in the family car park and not wear colours?

Boyle89
02-07-2017, 06:56 PM
Could you not just park in the family car park and not wear colours?

You could but we are all too good looking. We would stand out anyway😉.

StPauli
02-07-2017, 07:07 PM
If Im lucky enough to get a ticket Im going and I'm no bothered where i will park GGTTH

Carheenlea
02-07-2017, 07:44 PM
Exactly the kind of issue that the fans reps need to pursue and clarify. The secure car parking for buses and cars was always one less thing to concern yourself with on Ibrox visits.

lord bunberry
02-07-2017, 07:51 PM
Unless you're on a bus there's no point in parking in that car park. It takes an absolute age to get out off and there's plenty of free parking around the streets near the stadium

hibsbollah
02-07-2017, 07:56 PM
I always managed to get parked quite easily on that main road, next to the Ibrox library. Cut down past the high rise, dodge the'can I watch your motor furyur big man?' laddies and you're there.

Is It On....
02-07-2017, 09:12 PM
I always managed to get parked quite easily on that main road, next to the Ibrox library. Cut down past the high rise, dodge the'can I watch your motor furyur big man?' laddies and you're there.

"Ibrox Library" 😂

Hibby70
02-07-2017, 09:47 PM
"Ibrox Library" 😂

Don't knock it. I hear they have the full range of Biff and Chip books.

hibsbollah
02-07-2017, 10:23 PM
Don't knock it. I hear they have the full range of Biff and Chip books.

That magic key :grr: and what sort of name is Kipper anyway?

Sylar
03-07-2017, 07:57 AM
Glasgow City Council are implementing sweeping changes on parking around the stadium on match-days too, thus making it pretty much impossible to park nearby:

https://www.glasgow.gov.uk/index.aspx?articleid=20479

Chaos ahead for those that drive.

Bristolhibby
03-07-2017, 08:19 AM
I've got a green car with a Hibs sticker in the back wiindow.

Ibrox is a game I will never dive to.

J

Carheenlea
03-07-2017, 08:23 AM
Looking like supporters bus or train the best option now, or if driving, I might try parking at kelvinbridge or Hillhead and jumping on the underground. Anyone tried this before, or opted for different stations where parking not problematic?

ian cruise
03-07-2017, 12:39 PM
Looking like supporters bus or train the best option now, or if driving, I might try parking at kelvinbridge or Hillhead and jumping on the underground. Anyone tried this before, or opted for different stations where parking not problematic?

Underground is fine but full of locals so definitely keep head down and don't have colours on show. It's a shame that is the case in this day and age but safety first.

BullsCloseHibs
03-07-2017, 08:59 PM
I'd happily stroll along with my green and white on at their place. I don't give a fxxx what they think. We are the Hibs. We fear no one.

Nameless
04-07-2017, 07:13 PM
I'd happily stroll along with my green and white on at their place. I don't give a fxxx what they think. We are the Hibs. We fear no one.
Good luck with that.

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

Ringothedog
04-07-2017, 08:12 PM

Absolutely

DH1875
05-07-2017, 06:41 AM
Mibbe trying to make us take less supporters?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Doubt it. Will effect fans of all the other teams visiting ibrox (other than Celtic), not just us.

southern hibby
05-07-2017, 07:21 AM
Putting two and two together and coming up with possibly 5, but I think The Rangers are doing this because as stated in a previous post Glasga Council are making changes to parking around the big hoose around match days.

Would imagine they're looking after their fans first and let the wedgie polis sort out away fans parking, not our problem, we didn't ask them to attend officer. Sorry can't park here Hibs Aberdeen Dundee Motherwell etc etc, yes you used to park there but it's no oor fault ya canny noo, it's the council that did it.

Well stick yer over priced parking right up yet well f ked farter, we'll still park and still be there to see yer team get humped, Ya bunch of inbred Neanderthal 6 fingered sister loving tramps.

GGTTH

Carheenlea
05-07-2017, 07:59 AM
Does anyone know if the fans reps are aware of these concerns about the possible new parking arrangements for Ibrox? If not I'm happy to contact if detail of how to can be posted. Provision for away parking may well still be available at same site, but for a good number of fans, the secure parking is an attraction of Ibrox attendance and simplifies travel. To not have it may well discourage attendance for a number of reasons.
Clarification of some sort would be handy before our first trip there, but I accept this morning may not be the best time to be contacting Rangers :lolrangers:

Tamhere1875
05-07-2017, 11:24 AM
Fans rep knows about this and is looking into it.

Carheenlea
05-07-2017, 12:34 PM
Fans rep knows about this and is looking into it.

Nice one Tamhere :aok:

Nakedmanoncrack
06-07-2017, 10:09 AM
Underground is fine but full of locals so definitely keep head down and don't have colours on show. It's a shame that is the case in this day and age but safety first.

Sing-song on the train back to Buchanan Street after the game has been a highlight of wins though there in recent years, no colours being concealed.

Keith_M
06-07-2017, 10:43 AM
Regarding using the Undergound:

We get held back for 15 minutes after the game and the streets have usually pretty much cleared by then. There's always a decent number of fellow Hibbies heading to the underground together (Govan station, not Ibrox) so it's not usually an issue, in my experience.

It's less than a 15 minute walk as well, so not too far away either.

Leithwalk
06-07-2017, 11:03 AM
Glasgow City Council are implementing sweeping changes on parking around the stadium on match-days too, thus making it pretty much impossible to park nearby:

https://www.glasgow.gov.uk/index.aspx?articleid=20479

Chaos ahead for those that drive.

To add to the confusion, The Herald says that the parking ban isn't going to start right away, as the council hasn't done any consultation yet

http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/homenews/15390926.Old_Firm_parking_ban_will_not_begin_this_ coming_football_season/

(apologies for not being able to create as hyperlink)